GC or JC...likely to get back? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

GC or JC...likely to get back?

betterthanhenman
04-20-2006, 06:13 PM
I think if either of them can return to their previous standard then it is definitely Guille. His game is basically there besides his serve. Juan Carlos needs to improve every single aspect of his game. His movement looked poor today and he seemed unable to inject any meaningful pace into his shots. Not only that, he seemed to lack desire. Considering what Guille is going through on serve right now, his attitude is amazing. He has been a joy to watch at Monte Carlo and I personally hopes he keeps winning.

Agree? Disagree? Do share...

Andre♥
04-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Ferrero is just too defensive for the tennis of today...

Fisico
04-20-2006, 06:16 PM
why not both :p

betterthanhenman
04-20-2006, 06:17 PM
why not both :p

Looks like wishful thinking at the moment.

Fisico
04-20-2006, 06:22 PM
as a JC fan, im always hoping he can rediscover his 2003 form. of course that doesnt look like happening but he can still play good tennis.
still the clay season has only just started, it'll be easier to judge where he is in todays game when its over ;)

DrJules
04-20-2006, 06:23 PM
JC is playing better tennis at the moment.

betterthanhenman
04-20-2006, 06:24 PM
as a JC fan, im always hoping he can rediscover his 2003 form. of course that doesnt look like happening but he can still play good tennis.
still the clay season has only just started, it'll be easier to judge where he is in todays game when its over ;)

I keep backing him to regain his form, but watching him get dominated by Ferrer was disheartening. He didn't seem to have a single weapon with which to win the match.

betterthanhenman
04-20-2006, 06:24 PM
JC is playing better tennis at the moment.

Better than what or who?

Fisico
04-20-2006, 06:28 PM
I keep backing him to regain his form, but watching him get dominated by Ferrer was disheartening. He didn't seem to have a single weapon with which to win the match.

yeah, whats happened to his forehand is really sad. used to get so many winners off that wing and now its become a bit of a liability lately.
and he doesnt seem to move around the court as well as he used to

Ferrero Forever
04-21-2006, 08:13 AM
Hopefully both will be back, but JC will get back. I just know it, he's too good to be kept down

propi
04-21-2006, 11:39 AM
Give him water, summer and humidity and Mosquito will be back :bounce:

daze11
04-21-2006, 12:53 PM
if they go back to wood racquets, JC would make the biggest type of comeback because classic tennis would adore him and vice versa. with today's hyped-up equipment, great tennis players often lose to power ogres.

coria is basically back right now. outside of the serve, he wins most points and is being aggressive --the way he was in 2003 and not so much in 2004-- and very consistent in his focus off the ground. put a balancing serve into that mix, and hes going to skyrocket. BEING KEPT DOWN SO LONG HAS BEEN GOOD FOR HIM.

violet
04-21-2006, 01:43 PM

I dont think JC got dominatd by Ferrer, altho Ferrer has much more winners than him. Usually JC would not made that much UEs in a clay match but his UEs are almost as much as Ferrer's, and he got 18 BPs if I'm not mistaken. I think he really has his chance to win the match, it's just his physical situation is mysterily poor in the third set, and his seriouly lack the capablilty of seizing those key points. Well being a JC fan I also felt disheartening during the match, and I really not sure if he can make a "comeback" or not. For one time in 2004 I believe he is still a top 10 player but now he made us kinda lost..

federated
04-21-2006, 01:48 PM
I think if either of them can return to their previous standard then it is definitely Guille. His game is basically there besides his serve. Juan Carlos needs to improve every single aspect of his game. His movement looked poor today and he seemed unable to inject any meaningful pace into his shots. Not only that, he seemed to lack desire. Considering what Guille is going through on serve right now, his attitude is amazing. He has been a joy to watch at Monte Carlo and I personally hopes he keeps winning.

Agree? Disagree? Do share...

I completely agree. Coria's comebacks were the thing of legend. You can't go wrong with his attitude. He'll be back (which seems weird to say--isn't he still convincingly top 10? number 8?)