your message to say goodbye to Enqvist [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

your message to say goodbye to Enqvist

enqvistsangel
04-20-2006, 01:30 PM
Hi!

Feel free to write a little message to Thomas Enqvist.
Then I send all messages with a card to Swedish Tennis Federation.

Thanx for your contribution in advance

Aleksa's Laydee
04-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Dear Tompa,

So sad to hear that you have retired, I just want to say thank you for the memories! I'll always remember meeting you for the first time at Queens Club in 2003 and watching you play at Wimbledon. You will be missed!!

Take care and have fun in life after tennis

Love, Siobhan xx
England

Chris-swede
04-20-2006, 05:36 PM
It is no joke, that when i startet to play tennis myself in 1992/1993 i tried to copy Thomas' game. His forehand, his serve, his bad volleys.. ;) . He was my idol for long years! I someone changed my game a little bit, but it all began with him!
I had a lot of fun in watching him, win all the games. In my opinion it is a shame he never won a Grand Slam, it was a pity that he lost to Kafelnikov in that Aussie Final. And even it was his only final. He never really had success in Grand Slams, so it just is. Look at his finals, he played 26 (27?) finals on tour and won 19 of it! That is just amazing! On a good day he could beat everyone sometimes easily, even players like Agassi, Becker, Edberg, Chang, whoever. Only against Pete Sampras he had greater problems, and mostly lost.

So, i say goodbye to one of the greatest players i followed so far!!!
Thank you for all your great games! Goodbye Tompa!!! :wavey: :worship:

Hasifan
04-20-2006, 09:15 PM
Hi.

So sad to hear that you have retired, I just want to say thank you for the memories!
Thank to you I meet good friends and I go to the tournaments.

Take care and good luck for your new life.

Carlita
04-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Dear Thomas,

I'm sad to hear you've retired, but I understand and respect it. Thank you so much for all the wonderful tennis you've shown us! I have enjoyed every single match I saw of you! I always loved it when you played in Rotterdam or when I could watch you in Roland Garros. So many good memories!!!

You're a great player and a wonderful person! I will surely miss you :hug:

I wish you all the best and hope to see you again, sometime, somewhere....

take care,
Sjoukje
The Netherlands
xxx

jmgsdoubsprtnr
04-20-2006, 10:31 PM
Thomas,

You have been my favorite player ever since I began to like tennis 6 years ago. It is so sad for me and all of your other fans to see you leave the professional circuit. I hope to see you play some exhibitions somewhere or coach somewhere or anything in the tennis world. I feel privileged to have seen you play once in Indianapolis. That memory will remain with me for the rest of my life. You will remain safely in the number one spot of my favorite tennis players forever, as you will not be able to be replaced.

Thanks for all the great tennis memories!
Alison
USA

P.S. I'll leave an email address in hopes that you'll keep me updated on life outside of tennis. :) mesetha@elmhurst.edu

what do you think of leaving an email? do you think he'd ever get around to it? would it be creepy? if anyone thinks it's weird, i'll get rid of that part of the letter.

Alexiana
04-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Dear Thomas,

It's very sad to hear you won't come back to the tour, but I totally respect that. I hope you start a more relaxing and harmonical life now that you don't have to travel around the world anymore. We will surely miss you. I always enjoyed watching you play in Düsseldorf at the World Team Cup. Maybe you could come back as a team chef for the swedish team :)

All the best to you and your family

Alexia :wavey:
Germany

Mikael84
04-22-2006, 10:43 AM
Thomas,

I have been a dedicated fan since 1996, always trying to copy your game and trying to watch all your matches on TV, live when I could... Your retirement marks the end of an era for me. Following ATP tennis just won't be the same again. Your laser-like groundstrokes and your big serve will be sorely missed. Hopefully you're not gone forever and maybe we will still see you on the seniors tour.