Nalbandian def. Seppi 7-5 7-5 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nalbandian def. Seppi 7-5 7-5

jazz_girl
04-19-2006, 07:13 PM
After being down 2-5 in the first set he turned it around and was able to win it by 7-5 and let's not talk about the second set, cause he could have won it more easily than that ;)
Anyway, congrats for the win :yeah:

justClaudia
04-19-2006, 07:15 PM
I was waiting for you to post it Jazz. :lol:

It's a win, so...well done David :) . And don't make us suffer that much next round. Oh I know that is too much to ask.

jazz_girl
04-19-2006, 07:17 PM
He'll be playing Robredo next, so I can see some suffering coming up.
I hope he doesn't play the first match, so he doesn't have to complain again :lol:

Julio1974
04-19-2006, 07:18 PM
I can see a lot of suffering coming up with David, Gaudio and Coria. Robredo will be tough.

NATAS81
04-19-2006, 07:20 PM
He would've had Seppi in the third anyway.

justClaudia
04-19-2006, 07:20 PM
He'll be playing Robredo next, so I can see some suffering coming up.
I hope he doesn't play the first match, so he doesn't have to complain again :lol:
Nothing new. We're used to all that, aren't we? :lol:

Godd luck against Tommy, Daveeeed. :)

jazz_girl
04-19-2006, 07:27 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/4923272.stm
Nalbandian angry with early start
David Nalbandian hit out at organisers of the Monte Carlo Masters after struggling to overcome Italian Andreas Seppi 7-5 7-5 in the second round.
The Argentine, a semi-finalist at the Australian Open earlier this year, was unhappy with his 10am start.

"It's ridiculous to play at this time," said the third seed.

Meanwhile, countryman Guillermo Coria saved four match points and fought back from 5-1 down in the second set to beat Paul-Henri Mathieu 1-6 7-6 6-4.

Coria, who has reached the last three finals of this event, could not get going in a one-sided opening set and then lost the first four games of the second.

But the sixth seed fought back to take the second set 8-6 in a tie-break and then edged the decisive set to book his place in the third round.

Swiss top seed and world number one Roger Federer eased past Alberto Martin of Spain 6-0 6-1.

The seven-time Grand Slam champion has never been beyond the quarter-finals at Monte Carlo.

Title holder Rafael Nadal was equally impressive, crushing wild card Jean-Rene Lisnard, who beat Britain's Andy Murray in the first round, 6-4 6-1.

Juan Carlos Ferrero, winner in 2002 and 2003, advanced with a 6-1 6-2 demolition of Argentine Juan Ignacio Chela.

raeesa301
04-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Here's the interview. It's quite short:
THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. How do you feel on clay at the moment?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Well, not hundred percent. But I don't know, the match today, it's difficult to take something positive. I mean, I didn't play my best.

Q. Was it too early for you?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Very early. I don't know, this kind of tournament, it's ridiculous to play at this time. Looks like, I don't know, futures - futures in, I don't know, nowhere. So it's ridiculous.

Q. You're not used to playing that early?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: No, no. And when you ask to play a little bit late, so it's worse.

Q. What is your main ambition at the moment?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Well, try to win a tournament. I mean, I know that I can play good on clay as well, so I have to keep going, try to get more confidence every match that I play. I didn't play lot of matches after Paris last year, Roland Garros, so I didn't play many tournaments on clay, so that's tough in the beginning.

But I feel that I can play better.

Q. In which respect above all?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Well, I don't know. I have to try to play my game all the time.

KoOlMaNsEaN
04-19-2006, 07:45 PM
David just had a touch more to his game since both of them are similar in style.

musefanatic
04-19-2006, 07:47 PM
Good one David :)

justClaudia
04-19-2006, 07:50 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/4923272.stm
Nalbandian angry with early start
David Nalbandian hit out at organisers of the Monte Carlo Masters after struggling to overcome Italian Andreas Seppi 7-5 7-5 in the second round.
The Argentine, a semi-finalist at the Australian Open earlier this year, was unhappy with his 10am start.

"It's ridiculous to play at this time," said the third seed.

Let's hope he plays a little bit late next round. :lol: But man, he likes to complain! As a professional he should be ready for anything. And 10 AM, is not THAT early anyway. :p

Julio1974
04-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Let's hope he plays a little bit late next round. :lol: But man, he likes to complain! As a professional he should be ready for anything. And 10 AM, is not THAT early anyway. :p

He behaves like a spoiled child sometimes.

yoguis
04-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Vamos David! :)

justClaudia
04-19-2006, 08:07 PM
He behaves like a spoiled child sometimes.
And isn't that why we like him? :lol: j/k

NYCtennisfan
04-19-2006, 08:44 PM
10:00 a.m. is early but they have to do that because there is only so much sunlight, they don't really use the lights and clay matches (even best of 3) can theoretically go o for a long time.

Sjengster
04-19-2006, 09:01 PM
Monte Carlo obviously has a tradition of being a daytime event, just like RG and Wimbledon; therefore to get all the matches in they need to start that early, and hey, someone has to do it. I don't think an early start is much of an excuse for rustiness, considering that the hotel can't be too far away from the tournament itself so they're not exactly having to wake up at the crack of dawn. LOL, at least it wasn't Moya, who is a notorious hater of playing early matches.

Hank777
04-19-2006, 09:15 PM
Hey There NATAS81, sorry for the off-topic post, but thanks for the rep. comments, wanted to private message but could not, so this will have to do !!

THANX !! ;)

NATAS81
04-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Ok?

Hank777
04-19-2006, 09:26 PM
Ok?
Yeah u obviously do not even remember :p it's cool, I just found out I had these rep. comments.

After my post in the : All hail Henman - while it lasts! thread, you gave me a nice rep. comment, I saw it just now, so thanks !!

As u were :)

NATAS81
04-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Dude, just PM me instead.

Viken01
04-19-2006, 10:20 PM
VAMOS DAVID !

NATAS81
04-19-2006, 10:21 PM
You could've just drawn an arrow to you pic instead of posting VAMOS!