How far can Djokovic go?? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

How far can Djokovic go??

skel1983
04-18-2006, 04:07 PM
I have seen this kid three times now Davis Cup and against Federer, and to be honest i think he has the most potential out of all the young guns, he just ouzes class, and for someone who isn't even 19 yet, i really he think he could be the next big star, you can see he has some serious weapons and with some fine tuning give him 18/24 months i would put the house on him being top 10, but i think he has a something a bit special and could be a future number 1 what do you guys think??

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-18-2006, 04:09 PM
:retard: I'll allow him to clean my shoes.

betterthanhenman
Big future, but don't put your house on him being in the top 10 within 2 years.

revolution
Further than Andy- better, more aggressive and less mistakes.

NATAS81
04-18-2006, 04:17 PM
At this rate, considering how short grass season is, definitely higher potential than Murray.

Liverpool4ever
04-18-2006, 04:25 PM
I don't think how well a young player does against Federer is a good barometre of their future level. Federer has struggled in his first match with every decent youngster he has played in recent years ie Minar, Gasquet, Berdych, Monfilis, Murray, Nadal and Baghdatis.

His match against Ljubicic does show he has a lot of potential, but I don't think he is in the league of Gasquet and Berdych, who I think are future slam winners.

ezekiel
04-18-2006, 05:07 PM
He has played tight both Federer and Ljubicic on a hard court recently. His game is comparable to Safin I think, double handed backhand, hard piercing forehand and serve and he also does dropshots and comes to the net. I think he can be an elite player with success on all surfaces.

ezekiel
04-18-2006, 05:09 PM
At this rate, considering how short grass season is, definitely higher potential than Murray.

what do you mean by short grass season?

Saumon
04-18-2006, 05:30 PM
It's no news that Nole is very talented :p

Phunkadelicious
04-18-2006, 05:35 PM
what do you mean by short grass season?
that grass season isn't long i would guess :lol:

ezekiel
04-18-2006, 05:38 PM
that grass season isn't long i would guess :lol:

well duh :p
What I was asking is what does that have to do with Novak? He is no slouch on grass either I suppose

NYCtennisfan
04-18-2006, 05:39 PM
No question at all about his talent. You can tell he is serious about wanting to take the next step when you look at all the physical work he has put in. Is upper body has gotten much stronger.

No question he has the talent to be top 10, top 5 and maybe even #1 some day, but there will be a whole lot of factors besides talent that will decide how far he goes. One just never knows, but all the signs are there that he will be really, really good in the short future.

Peoples
04-18-2006, 05:45 PM
He can be a decent journeyman if he has a good career without major injuries.

DrJules
04-18-2006, 07:38 PM
Top 10 at least.

Scotso
04-18-2006, 07:39 PM
I agree, top 10 at least. Beyond that, it's really a toss up. Lots of guys with major potential never really acheive much. But I'm hoping that Djokovic will be one of the ones that does. :yeah:

Blue Orange
04-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Looks a very solid player with no glaring weaknesses and a very good serve - top 20 I would guess with the potential to go further. Nice player to watch.

savesthedizzle
04-18-2006, 07:49 PM
It's so hard to predict future success. I mean, Novak is the youngest player in the top 100 (at least according to my commentators), so that's nice to see. There are so many things that come into play... I mean... there could be injury issues (hopefully not), there could be even better people coming up behind him... who knows. I think he has great potential to be great, but there are so many players people look at and think "Oh what potential, too bad _____ happened and they never made it".

Even if he doesn't make it to the top 10 next season, or the season after that... Ljubicic and Blake are both in the top 10, and they are late bloomers. Not everyone reaches their peak when they're teens or early 20s. I think a lot of people now are starting to act like "OMG HE'S ALMOST 19! OVER THE HILL! HE'LL NEVER GET ANY BETTER!"... but that's not true. So I think he has some time, and if he works for it, top 10 is not unreasonable... but I'm not setting any sort of time limit on it.

stebs
04-18-2006, 08:46 PM
He looks similar to Nalbandian to me but with a better serve and a slightly faster game. He can go far.

DrJules
04-18-2006, 08:48 PM
He looks similar to Nalbandian to me but with a better serve and a slightly faster game. He can go far.

Surely he must also be better between the ears; although that is not saying much.

Allez
04-18-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm really liking Novak. He'll go very very far I think. Such a classy (hope no one is tired of that word yet) guy . I just hope he stays healthy.

But he said something I found puzzling after his loss to Rogi. He said he had the match "under control" :shrug: If you can have a match agaist Fed "under control" then you're definitely doing something right.

Novak :yeah::yeah::yeah:

NATAS81
04-18-2006, 10:25 PM
I'll have a complete review of his game when I'm done with my Sierra Mist. ®

Merton
04-19-2006, 02:08 AM
It is too early to tell but i would be surprised if he does not win slam(s) in his career.

Jaap
01-27-2008, 10:16 PM
Reckon he can be a decent player. Maybe win a grand slam.

Alex999
01-27-2008, 10:38 PM
It is too early to tell but i would be surprised if he does not win slam(s) in his career.
Good one Merton.
Nice bump, btw :)

vidanhv
01-27-2008, 11:01 PM
Who diged this out???

savesthedizzle
01-27-2008, 11:03 PM
It's so hard to predict future success. I mean, Novak is the youngest player in the top 100 (at least according to my commentators), so that's nice to see. There are so many things that come into play... I mean... there could be injury issues (hopefully not), there could be even better people coming up behind him... who knows. I think he has great potential to be great, but there are so many players people look at and think "Oh what potential, too bad _____ happened and they never made it".

Even if he doesn't make it to the top 10 next season, or the season after that... Ljubicic and Blake are both in the top 10, and they are late bloomers. Not everyone reaches their peak when they're teens or early 20s. I think a lot of people now are starting to act like "OMG HE'S ALMOST 19! OVER THE HILL! HE'LL NEVER GET ANY BETTER!"... but that's not true. So I think he has some time, and if he works for it, top 10 is not unreasonable... but I'm not setting any sort of time limit on it.

I'll act on Zeke's behalf and laugh at myself on this one. But hey I was being cautious there :p

HeretiC
01-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Good bump, Jaap :yeah: