Murray must be more talented than Federer and Safin!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Murray must be more talented than Federer and Safin!!

betterthanhenman
04-18-2006, 03:51 PM
How else is he a professional when he has the fitness levels of a 90 year old with lung disease who needs 18 hours of oxygen therapy a day.

Somebody please explain to me why he cant play 3 sets of tennis without physically falling apart.

Oh he's about to lose to Lisnard by the way!

lilfairyprincess
04-18-2006, 03:52 PM
:eek: whats the score?!

betterthanhenman
04-18-2006, 03:52 PM
:eek: whats the score?!

4-6 7-6 7-5

lilfairyprincess
04-18-2006, 03:53 PM
o dear andy :tape:

A_Skywalker
04-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Murray looked like he was playing 10 hours , he really should practise more in the fitness

joeb_uk
04-18-2006, 03:55 PM
This guy is a complete idiot! Another theartre like performance. It was laughable! He was walking around court like a total pussy, utterly pathetic! What was this guy trying to do? Win an oscar :help:

Another reason why this guy cant play on clay! Same story, still has the fitness and body condintioning of a 13 year old :haha:

TheBoiledEgg
04-18-2006, 03:55 PM
a win for "Mini Me" :devil: :banana: :D

hitchhiker
04-18-2006, 03:56 PM
murrays coach was fired after he suggested murrays daily breakfast at macdonalds might be the cause of his poor fitness

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-18-2006, 03:59 PM
Because he IS injured you dumbass:retard:

Go and read some shit on BBC, they'll write it down.

lilfairyprincess
04-18-2006, 04:00 PM
didn't andy say before how his favourite surface is clay?! I wonder why when is fitness is obviously so poor.

P.s J'torian-there's no hope of a clay match with andy even reaching 5 sets at the minute i wouldn't think ;)

mangoes
04-18-2006, 04:01 PM

OH PLEASE :rolleyes:

betterthanhenman

And the injury only revealed itself deep in the second set when he was blowing heavy. Yes...good point you make there.

Deboogle!.
Another reason why this guy cant play on clay! Same story, still has the fitness and body condintioning of a 13 year old :haha:Doesn't matter. You remember him cramping on grass too, no?

Saumon
04-18-2006, 04:02 PM
murrays coach was fired after he suggested murrays daily breakfast at macdonalds might be the cause of his poor fitness
hitchhiker :hearts:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
He was playing awful all match long.

El Legenda

yeah and you're not a :retard: :rolleyes:

joeb_uk
04-18-2006, 04:03 PM
didn't andy say before how his favourite surface is clay?! I wonder why when is fitness is obviously so poor.

P.s J'torian-there's no hope of a clay match with andy even reaching 5 sets at the minute i wouldn't think ;)

Everyone knows clay is by far his worst surface. His game isnt suited to clay as it as other surfaces. His results have shown this to be true also. His condintioning is not good enough for clay either. He is a huge claycourt wannabe, he surely cant be that thick to think clay is his best surface :shrug: maybe he just means its his most enjoyable surface to play on.

betterthanhenman
04-18-2006, 04:03 PM
He was playing awful all match long.

He wasn't serving slower than Xristos all match long was he!? Did you watch the match?

mangoes
04-18-2006, 04:05 PM
He was panting as if he would have dropped, face down, unto the court at any second, but for not wanting to embarrass himself in front of his girlfriend............ And as for Lisnard, great effort by him to stick in there and keep fighting..........but I suspect he'll be eating two bagels tomorrow..........

joeb_uk
04-18-2006, 04:05 PM
Doesn't matter. You remember him cramping on grass too, no?

I know his condintioning sucks for any player at this standard, or for any surface. But clay requires a higher level of muscular and aerobic endurance, it requires far superior condintioning (so its a bigger issue on clay). He is physically a weak specimen for his age, and also lacks the endurance.

betterthanhenman
04-18-2006, 04:06 PM
And as for Lisnard, great effort by him to stick in there and keep fighting..........but I suspect he'll be eating two bagels tomorrow..........

I'll bet you he wins a game :p

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-18-2006, 04:07 PM
yeah and you're not a :retard: :rolleyes:
Shut up, american wannabe. :rolleyes:

mangoes
04-18-2006, 04:08 PM
I'll bet you he wins a game :p

:lol: :lol: :lol: I guess it depends on how generous Nadal is feeling...... He didn't play so well today so he may need a match to feel a bit better.......therefore, the probablities are high, Lisnard will be fed bagels......

hitchhiker
04-18-2006, 04:09 PM

if murray being as fit as a common granny ruins your dirty fantasies about him then you can remain in denial

Deboogle!.
04-18-2006, 04:10 PM
I know his condintioning sucks for any player at this standard, or for any surface. But clay requires a higher level of muscular and aerobic endurance, it requires far superior condintioning (so its a bigger issue on clay). He is physically a weak specimen for his age, and also lacks the endurance.I don't disagree. My point was that if he can't even make it through a 3-setter on GRASS, there's no point of even talking about clay. Lots of fit players have trouble on clay b/c movement on it uses different muscles in the legs that they may not use most of the rest of the year. but if he can't even get through grass matches, then it's just obviously his poor fitness. I mean, I think a lot of pretty fit players would've been cramping after 3 hours on clay but I'd never seen anyone cramp on grass before.

But he's still young, it's not like he can't get into better shape.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-18-2006, 04:11 PM
Very funny.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-18-2006, 04:12 PM
That was one year ago.

revolution
04-18-2006, 04:13 PM
Why sad threads like this even exist is beyond me.

joeb_uk
04-18-2006, 04:14 PM
if murray being as fit as a common granny ruins your dirty fantasies about him then you can remain in denial

LOL Hitch!

Another clown who thinks cramp is an injury! It is due to many possible reasons such as lack of condintioning, insufficient hydration and lack of electrolytes such as sodium. It is not an injury!!!

betterthanhenman
04-18-2006, 04:15 PM
Why sad threads like this even exist is beyond me.

Get your head out of Murray's arse. Or better yet, bump your very worthwhile thread (cough...bullshit) about how attractive Murray's girlfriend is!!

joeb_uk
04-18-2006, 04:18 PM
I don't disagree. My point was that if he can't even make it through a 3-setter on GRASS, there's no point of even talking about clay. Lots of fit players have trouble on clay b/c movement on it uses different muscles in the legs that they may not use most of the rest of the year. but if he can't even get through grass matches, then it's just obviously his poor fitness. I mean, I think a lot of pretty fit players would've been cramping after 3 hours on clay but I'd never seen anyone cramp on grass before.

But he's still young, it's not like he can't get into better shape.

You are right, grass requires different attributes. As you say, if you cant manage long matches on grass you have no hope on clay. Grass court tennis tends to be more explosive and less emphasis on endurance.

I thought, he may have tryed very hard to improve his condintioning. He needs to be told what the situation is, or maybe he has been told he has the fitness of a 12 year old and he doesnt care :shrug:

tangerine_dream
04-18-2006, 04:21 PM
I'd love to see Andy in a five-setter on clay. :devil:
So would I. The tears, the fall-down-cramps, and vomiting episodes would be worth it.

joeb_uk
04-18-2006, 04:23 PM
Get your head out of Murray's arse. Or better yet, bump your very worthwhile thread (cough...bullshit) about how attractive Murray's girlfriend is!!

It seems one of the murray brown nosing team got the other thread deleted :shrug: I doubt its joeyd, probably baghboy.

"Why is Murray fighting like that?!"

lilfairyprincess
04-18-2006, 04:26 PM
It seems one of the murray brown nosing team got the other thread deleted :shrug: I doubt its joeyd, probably baghboy.

"Why is Murray fighting like that?!"

how come that thread gets deleted and we're left with all that xristos garbage?!?! :fiery: :rolleyes:

AgassiDomination
04-18-2006, 04:27 PM
As I've said before, Murray is way overrated.

hitchhiker
04-18-2006, 04:28 PM
As I've said before, Murray is way overrated.

no shame in losing to french powerhouse J.Lisnard

AgassiDomination
04-18-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm not making that statement from just this loss. ;)

joeb_uk
04-18-2006, 04:30 PM
how come that thread gets deleted and we're left with all that xristos garbage?!?! :fiery: :rolleyes:

Because you dont have the brown nosing brigade reporting the threads, always happens the fans who cant take a bad word said about their playing trying to get threads closed! I doubt xristos's thread has been reported. I dont think it should have been deleted either :shrug:

betterthanhenman
04-18-2006, 04:30 PM

So true...lol

See GWH's thread about Muster's views. Not everyone overrates Murray fortunately.

joeb_uk
04-18-2006, 04:32 PM
So true...lol

See GWH's thread about Muster's views. Not everyone overrates Murray fortunately.

Well for scotland he isnt overrated :lol: only by the british it seems? Because the players from that country are so shit! But he is overrated compared to the rest of tour and young players around the world. Muster talked the truth in that interview.

lilfairyprincess
04-18-2006, 04:33 PM
Because you dont have the brown nosing brigade reporting the threads, always happens the fans who cant take a bad word said about their playing trying to get threads closed! I doubt xristos's thread has been reported. I dont think it should have been deleted either :shrug:

was three anything offensive in that thread to warrant it being closed down? cos i've seen many threads where the arguments have turned NASTY but yet they remained open...i guess i just thot there must have been sumthing really bad in this thread if it had to be closed and i didnt wanna miss out on the gossip of what was actually said in there;)

betterthanhenman
04-18-2006, 04:34 PM
I am not slating Murray by any means. He will have a long and very successful career. He just needs to sort the fitness levels out.

AgassiDomination
04-18-2006, 04:34 PM
was three anything offensive in that thread to warrant it being closed down? cos i've seen many threads where the arguments have turned NASTY but yet they remained open...i guess i just thot there must have been sumthing really bad in this thread if it had to be closed and i didnt wanna miss out on the gossip of what was actually said in there;)
I think "the man" just closes random threads. :p

lilfairyprincess
04-18-2006, 04:36 PM
I think "the man" just closes random threads. :p

aaaah i see!;) ...thanks :kiss:

:haha:

hitchhiker
04-18-2006, 04:36 PM
why was the other thread deleted?? nothing wrong with it.......did the scottish government hack the site?

mangoes
04-18-2006, 04:38 PM
As I said before, go and take some photos of children, as you used to.

I really hope you don't mean what I think you do because if so............that's one fucked up statement to make.............

revolution
04-18-2006, 04:38 PM
If any of you weren't so bloody thick you'd realise calling someone a 'pedofile' as was said in the thread can be a serious thing to say.

LefandePatty
04-18-2006, 04:40 PM
"Murray must be more talented than Federer"

You don't know anything about tennis.

Yappa
04-18-2006, 04:41 PM
And this thread could also get deleted pretty soon regarding certain similiar insults.

mangoes
04-18-2006, 04:41 PM
If any of you weren't so bloody thick you'd realise calling someone a 'pedofile' as was said in the thread can be a serious thing to say.

Oh ok, so you did catch what the he said............... I guess I'm not the only one assuming that's what he meant..........

Phunkadelicious
04-18-2006, 04:42 PM

Do you know anything about hyperbole?

hitchhiker
04-18-2006, 04:42 PM

he mentioned it in this thread as well. is it his tactic to get all the murray threads deleted?

revolution
04-18-2006, 04:43 PM
he mentioned it in this thread as well. is it his tactic to get all the murray threads deleted?

No, it was because of a post by Loro that the thread was pulled.

Stop whinging, idiots, Neely does a good job and doesn't deserve to be slagged off like this.

Yappa
04-18-2006, 04:44 PM
The mods should just delete the postings instead of the whole thread imo.

joeb_uk
04-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Oh ok, so you did catch what the he said............... I guess I'm not the only one assuming that's what he meant..........

Baghboy seems to get abit carried away when someone says anything negative about a player he brown noses. He often seems to make similar comments in threads like this :haha: I have him on ignore, so I only noticed his previous comment on a quote :eek:

Back to the topic, has murray been interviewed? Any ideas? Is there a transcript online?

joeb_uk
04-18-2006, 04:46 PM

Stop whinging, idiots, Neely does a good job and doesn't deserve to be slagged off like this.

Ahhh I guess that would explain it, I have baghboy on ignore so I havent read his posts. His comment must have been really bad though, if it got the other thread deleted :eek:

lilfairyprincess
04-18-2006, 04:47 PM

Is that what happened in the "why is murray fighting thread" ? :rolleyes:
I wasn't in the thread after that was said so i didn't know why it had been closed and thats why i was asking..SORRY..sheesh.

mangoes
04-18-2006, 04:47 PM
Back to the topic, has murray been interviewed? Any ideas? Is there a transcript online?

Don't know :shrug: But I sense, he better be careful with his answers or he'll be truly entertaining MTF today :lol: :lol:

AgassiDomination
04-18-2006, 04:48 PM

Neely does do a good job, she doesn't delete my threads. :D

joeb_uk
04-18-2006, 04:48 PM
The mods should just delete the postings instead of the whole thread imo.

I guess that would be an idea, but some threads get carried away! I mean if one post is really bad, it invites many more. I guess they were taking a precaution!

betterthanhenman
04-18-2006, 04:55 PM

And the MTFA for idiot of the year goes to....

tangerine_dream
04-18-2006, 04:56 PM
And the MTFA for idiot of the year goes to....
You?

Phunkadelicious
04-18-2006, 04:58 PM
You?
I want it.

betterthanhenman
04-18-2006, 04:59 PM
You?

LefandePatty's award has been hijacked by TD! Impressively done.

A_Skywalker
04-18-2006, 06:23 PM
He should stop playing tennis for 1 year and train hard for his body , its the only way , if he continues playing like that he will never have time to do this

Bagelicious
04-18-2006, 06:28 PM
LefandePatty's award has been hijacked by TD! Impressively done.

:haha: Oh my. Do people even bother reading what's actually in the thread or do they just reply to the title?

David Kenzie
04-18-2006, 06:35 PM
Wasn't Lisnard the favorite in this match anyway ?

betterthanhenman
04-18-2006, 06:37 PM
Wasn't Lisnard the favorite in this match anyway ?

Nope. But I bet on him. He was 15/8 when I bet...I think that was during the first game.

joeb_uk
04-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Apparently he played doubles after the match :shrug: Is it me, or is this just disgusting behaviour?

For a guy that walked worse than a disabled person on one leg a few hours before, he sure made a quick recovery! Or maybe, he was stupid enough to expose himself as the total faker he is.

DrJules
04-18-2006, 07:54 PM
Murray is talented, but cannot compare him with Federer and Safin who are exceptional talents.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Berdych/Nieminen retired you arseclown, so he didn't play.

Castafiore
04-18-2006, 08:06 PM
Apparently he played doubles after the match Is it me, or is this just disgusting behaviour?
Didn't Andy just have cramps? That's no injury so once he rested his body a bit and got a bit of a massage to help get rid of the cramps, he would be able to play again IMO.

betterthanhenman
04-18-2006, 08:08 PM
Didn't Andy just have cramps? That's no injury so once he rested his body a bit and got a bit of a massage to help get rid of the cramps, he would be able to play again IMO.

According to claycoutazzzz's :bs: cramp is an injury.

Sjengster
04-18-2006, 08:12 PM
Murray is talented, but cannot compare him with Federer and Safin who are exceptional talents.

Yes, this thread is tripe, but you have to read more of it before you make posts like this.

Raquel
04-18-2006, 08:31 PM
Apparently he played doubles after the match :shrug: Is it me, or is this just disgusting behaviour?

For a guy that walked worse than a disabled person on one leg a few hours before, he sure made a quick recovery! Or maybe, he was stupid enough to expose himself as the total faker he is.
Maybe he had some treatment?

And I don't know why he would fake cramp at 5-5 in the 3rd set. 0-5 down maybe, to give himself an excuse. Why would he fake cramp and hand the match to his opponent after being out there for 3 hours? Bad conditioning is more likely.

joeb_uk
04-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Maybe he had some treatment?

And I don't know why he would fake cramp at 5-5 in the 3rd set. 0-5 down maybe, to give himself an excuse. Why would he fake cramp and hand the match to his opponent after being out there for 3 hours? Bad conditioning is more likely.

Well anyone who was acting like that, would it be humanly possible for them to have improved enough to play a short time after :lol: Did you watch the match, and see how pathetic he looked limping around the court like an amputee on one leg? I mean for christ sake, its only cramp :help: Or maybe I am forgetting not all men act like men, and he is a huge wimp who cant take any pain at all! I mean people make less fuss when they have been shot or had their leg broken.

Someone who was that bad, wouldnt have been able to play! But maybe he is mentally unfit as well as being terribly condintioned :lol: I mean really not a sensible idea to play after his problems :shrug:

DrJules
04-18-2006, 09:05 PM
Yes, this thread is tripe, but you have to read more of it before you make posts like this.

There seem to be a large number of people who love to have a go at Andy Murray. He seems to have joined Andy Roddick and Lleyton Hewitt as a hate target. Some of these threads are rather nasty in their content.

Raquel
04-18-2006, 09:07 PM
I mean people make less fuss when they have been shot
I'll take your word for that..... :p

Someone who was that bad, wouldnt have been able to play!

You could play after cramp. We all remember Coria in the RG 2004 final, almost rigid with cramp in the third set. With some on court treatment he was running around like normal in set 5 about an hour later

But maybe he is mentally unfit as well as being terribly condintioned :lol: I mean really not a sensible idea to play after his problems :shrug:
I don't think he's mentally unfit. And I think beating Hewitt and Roddick back to back in San Jose he showed pretty good mental strength in winning his first title after only 9 months on tour. I don't think he's someone who gets too nervy.

stebs
04-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Murray is the rightful world number 3. Right behind Lisnard and Ljubicic. Next up it should be Roger and Rafa. Safin is, of course, too good to have a world ranking.

Sjengster
04-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Lisnard converted his breakpoints today about as well as the world number 1 normally does, so the analogy is valid.

Deboogle!.
04-18-2006, 09:33 PM
Murray is the rightful world number 3. Right behind Lisnard and Ljubicic. Next up it should be Roger and Rafa. Safin is, of course, too good to have a world ranking.:spit: :spit: :haha: :haha:

betterthanhenman
04-18-2006, 09:36 PM
Lisnard converted his breakpoints today about as well as the world number 1 normally does, so the analogy is valid.

The Lisnard backhand doesn't compare to favourably to the world's numer 1. It's a strange shot because he can actually hit it very well, yet it is often shockingly bad.

joeb_uk
04-18-2006, 11:23 PM
I'll take your word for that..... :p

You could play after cramp. We all remember Coria in the RG 2004 final, almost rigid with cramp in the third set. With some on court treatment he was running around like normal in set 5 about an hour later

I don't think he's mentally unfit. And I think beating Hewitt and Roddick back to back in San Jose he showed pretty good mental strength in winning his first title after only 9 months on tour. I don't think he's someone who gets too nervy.

Yes, but I am taking you saw murrays little performance. Coria wasnt acting like murray, sure he wasnt moving but compared to murrays it was an amateur performance.

I am actually watching the repeat on sky now of the match, its hilarious to watch! I think its funnier than even watching the office :eek:

Raquel
04-18-2006, 11:41 PM
I think its funnier than even watching the office :eek:
That's sacrilege! :p

Anyway Joe you said it was disgusting he played doubles after cramping but after treatment cramp can go away quite quickly, so there was nothing disgusting in playing doubles.

You suggested he faked it but I am pretty sat 5-5 in the third set he wouldn't suddenly decide to tank and fake cramps to lose after 3 hours of fighting it out, so there was no faking either.

You said he was mentally unfit. I'm pretty sure he has no major psychological problems. Foul mouthed and bad tempered maybe, but not quite ill. Yet.

I've lost track of all the rest :lol:

Laugh at him cramping. I won't argue with you over that ;)