NBA MVP! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

NBA MVP!

TwistyServe
04-18-2006, 08:10 AM
I took two players:

Kobe @2.1, 1 unit
LJames @5.5, 1 unit

Basically I feeling one of these two will get the NBA MVP. Pulling for Lebron to see a few units gained, but if Kobe gets it i'll break even.

Lebowski
04-18-2006, 08:58 PM
Kobe should win but wont.

Nash will win once again. Being white will help him

TwistyServe
04-26-2006, 06:40 PM
Nash is MVP.. cant believe it lol.. never saw that coming.

Freeze17171
04-26-2006, 06:42 PM
Nash winning this year is a joke.

sports freak
04-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Nash winning this year is a joke.

Totally agree,Kobe by a MILE,its must be Kobe past that didnt help him!!!!But guess what get on him BIG 2morro cos he will show everybody who should ve been the MVP this yr!!

Unlucky Twist you had the right pic!!!

1.Kobe
2.Lebron
3.Wade/Nash

Freeze17171
04-26-2006, 07:36 PM
Nash runs the high-powered offense so of course his stats get padded. Too bad he doesn't play a lick of defense. Heck, Boris Diaw stepped in to play point-forward when Nash was out and he had 16 and 12 assists respectively in two games. Bottom line, Kobe was robbed. I could easily think of at least 5 players more deserving of MVP than Nash.

Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Dirk, Brand

sports freak
04-26-2006, 07:40 PM
Nash runs the high-powered offense so of course his stats get padded. Too bad he doesn't play a lick of defense. Heck, Boris Diaw stepped in to play point-forward when Nash was out and he had 16 and 12 assists respectively in two games. Bottom line, Kobe was robbed. I could easily think of at least 5 players more deserving of MVP than Nash.

Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Dirk, Brand

Dont forget Parker/Arenas/Gasol

TwistyServe
04-26-2006, 07:50 PM
Kobe wont ever get MVP because of all the drama in his past.. ****/jackson/shaq/ etc

bad gambler
04-26-2006, 08:02 PM
To be fair, Suns still had a 50+ winning season without arguably their best player on the floor - one reason = Nash, turning scrubs like House/Diaw/Bell into out and out shooters. No coincidence that these guys have improved 10 fold playing in a team with Nash in it

Regardless my pick was Kobe or Lebron as well

bad gambler
04-26-2006, 08:06 PM
btw i thought the MVP was only released in a couple of weeks :confused: Who told you nash won it?

TwistyServe
04-26-2006, 08:09 PM
btw i thought the MVP was only released in a couple of weeks :confused: Who told you nash won it?

MVP is always leaked to media 1-2 weeks before its officially announced.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5542940?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=73

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2422255&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

Steve Nash will win his second consecutive NBA MVP award, according to the Arizona Republic.

The newspaper cited an unnamed league source familiar with the voting who said the Suns point guard will become the 10th player to repeat as MVP.

Magic Johnson is the only point guard to have won the award in two consecutive seasons.

The Republic said the official announcement may not come for two weeks.

But the votes have been counted, and it appears Nash has won a close race that also included LeBron James, Dirk Nowitzki, Chauncey Billups and Kobe Bryant.

Nash, who would be the first international player and first Suns player to capture the award twice, won the fourth-closest MVP vote last year when he edged Shaquille O'Neal.

The 32-year-old posted career highs this season in scoring (18.8 points per game), rebounding (4.2 per game), field goal percentage (.512) and converted 92.1 percent of his free throws to lead the NBA in that category.

He also led the league in assists again, averaging 10.5 per game, and finished sixth in 3-point shooting, converting nearly 44 percent of his attempts.

Nash helped the Suns to a successful defense of their Pacific Division title and a 54-28 record during the regular season. And he did all of this without the services of star teammate Amare Stoudemire who missed virtually the entire season.