WARNING: Frivolous Thread--Players' Voices [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WARNING: Frivolous Thread--Players' Voices

federated
04-17-2006, 07:18 PM
I just listened to the MC audio (fyi: http://montecarlo.masters-series.atponline.net/en/players/audio/) and was struck again by how adorable and little boy-like Nalbandian's voice is.

Got me to thinking...Ancic's voice is so much deeper than I would have expected (it maybe has to do with his more-than-passing resemblance to Ralph Macchio/The Karate Kid) and I love Federer's patrician, cool voice.

Also Seb Grosjean's voice sounds like a cartoon character to me. I could totally see him playing a cuddly mouse in Shrek 3.

What about you? What players' voices do you like/were you surprised by?

NATAS81
04-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Frivolous :hearts:

cobalt60
04-17-2006, 07:44 PM
:lol: Never really thought much of their voices. Horatio De La Pena has a very high voice. Reason why his nickname is "the Flea". Pretty funny to listen to actually.

Bagelicious
04-17-2006, 08:14 PM
Robby Ginepri: his voice is as flat as a board and about as interesting. Honestly, I wonder if he lacks as much enthusiasm during sex. :devil:

I can just imagine it: Oh. Yes. Oh.yeah. Baby.that's.the.spot. All in the most bored monotone.

:o :haha:

alelysafina
04-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Nicolas Massu has the sexiest accented English!!! I was blown away!

BelgianWaffle
04-17-2006, 10:22 PM
Last week I saw Richard Gasquet speaking for the first time and I was surprised that his voice wasn't higher. Somehow I expected a shy boy voice. :shrug: :lol:

Malisse's voice freaks me out, he speaks very slow and 'lazy', also in dutch, very annoying.

cobalt60
04-17-2006, 10:23 PM
Nicolas Massu has the sexiest accented English!!! I was blown away!
Yep it is indeed;)

artlinkletter
04-17-2006, 10:57 PM
I adore Coria's voice--when he speaks spanish.

Conita
04-17-2006, 11:01 PM
nahh Richard's accent is the best
(L)

federated
04-18-2006, 01:43 AM
Robby Ginepri: his voice is as flat as a board and about as interesting. Honestly, I wonder if he lacks as much enthusiasm during sex. :devil:

I can just imagine it: Oh. Yes. Oh.yeah. Baby.that's.the.spot. All in the most bored monotone.

:o :haha:

:haha: :haha: totally with you.

partygirl
04-18-2006, 01:49 AM
i find roddick's voice to be an interesting mix of masculine & fem.

roger is of course perfect.

and i enjoy nadal's voice when he's speaking english.

PamV
04-18-2006, 03:59 AM
They mistakenly say that Kiefer defeated Ljubicic. He defeated Mirnyi.

Pea
04-18-2006, 04:01 AM
Malisse's voice freaks me out, he speaks very slow and 'lazy', also in dutch, very annoying.

Is this surprising?:tape:

Eclectic Goddess
04-18-2006, 05:16 AM
My favorite voice remains Patrick Rafter's, soft and slow and warm...you could just wrap yourself up in it like a fuzzy blanket.

Speaking of Aussies, I always found Flip's voice strange. For such a big guy, he has a very soft, high-pitched voice. (Avoids making obvious sexuality reference,)

flip_fan
04-18-2006, 05:36 AM
My favorite voice remains Patrick Rafter's, soft and slow and warm...you could just wrap yourself up in it like a fuzzy blanket.

Speaking of Aussies, I always found Flip's voice strange. For such a big guy, he has a very soft, high-pitched voice. (Avoids making obvious sexuality reference,)

lol, mark tends to speak softy when he's shy... but the pitch i think has more to do with his greek background. i find it always amusing listening to his interviews... mark can swing both ways with his accent depending what country he's in... but i think in general he sounds more american now, then australian.

i hate rafters whispery voice.... it reminds me of that american show felicity... its like, speak up god damn it!

lleytons is hilarious.. typical aussie male.

Carlita
04-18-2006, 05:59 AM
Verdasco has a low and deep voice :inlove: Not what I expected when I first heard him speak!! And the cutest accent when he's talking in English :)

http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsaudio.asp?id=13225

oooh and true about Rafter.....lovely......relaxed.....

flip_fan
04-18-2006, 07:05 AM
i love listening to kim clijsters speak in english... i dont think ive ever heard anyone talk as fast as her in interviews... she just keeps going, and going.. lol, its cute!

alelysafina
04-18-2006, 07:09 AM
Ancic and Robredo's voices were deeper than I expected when I first heard them. And I love how they sound normal when speaking their native languages... but then they come off as hopelessly clueless trust-fund himbos when they're using English. :devil:

:lol: :lol:

Kristen
04-18-2006, 07:32 AM
Joachim Johansson's is just :drool: to me. :lick:
Esp when the first meeting was when he looked so boyish, and this huge, deep mans voice came out.

Bjorkman is probably the exact opposite. Kind of squeaky or high pitched. Something like that, not what I expected, but he speaks so gently :hug:

I don't speak German, but when I hear Jurgen Melzer speaking it, he sounds so calm and friendly, compared to some others. His english is much the same. He's reasonably quietly spoken and very friendly. From what you see on court at times, you probably wouldn't expect this :tape:

Dirk
04-18-2006, 12:39 PM
I loved Kafel's voice, cold and icy. He should look into doing cartoon villian voice-over work.

federated
04-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Ancic and Robredo's voices were deeper than I expected when I first heard them. And I love how they sound normal when speaking their native languages... but then they come off as hopelessly clueless trust-fund himbos when they're using English. :devil:

Gasquet sounded exactly like I expected him to. :drool: And "patrician" is definitely the perfect term for Rogi's voice. Also, I still to this day keep expecting Lleyton's voice to be deeper. :tape:

And this is less about voice than it is about personality, but I always get a kick out of how Roddick can speak so ferociously on-court and yet sounds so sweet/subdued off it.

"trust fund himbos" :haha: :haha: :haha: add the occasional feli interview to that list, too.

ljubicic always sounds sort of pissed off to me--even when he was speaking at a charity event in miami for refugees. I wonder if it's just the way the english comes out with him?

also, gotta love rafa in english. so, so adorable, especially when accompanied by those dimples.

paul goldstein on the other hand...even squeakier than bjorkman.

Alexiana
04-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Joachim Johansson's is just :drool: to me. :lick:
Esp when the first meeting was when he looked so boyish, and this huge, deep mans voice came out.

yeah, I totally expected another voice from Joachim, but its really :drool: And with his looks its a perfect match :devil: I miss him :(

federated
04-20-2006, 12:32 PM
haas always sounds in a hurry to me (at least in english).

Alexiana
04-22-2006, 10:29 PM
haas always sounds in a hurry to me (at least in english).

yes, and he uses the phrase "you know" a bit tooooo often ;) But I like his voice in German

04-23-2006, 09:22 AM
yes, and he uses the phrase "you know" a bit tooooo often ;) But I like his voice in German
I have never hear Tommy speak in German. But in English his voice was somehow deeper than I expected. I'm afraid Tommy is picking up American bad speaking habits. "You know" is used so much in the U.S. Sometimes people actually say "you know" after everything they say. It will sound like this: "I think Tommy Haas is very handsome you know and I would love to have his autograph you know". You just want to scream at them either yes I do know or no I don't know :lol:

miss strokes
04-23-2006, 12:21 PM
marat's voice oozes sexiness

savesthedizzle
04-23-2006, 12:39 PM
Ancic's voice is :inlove:

Kristen
04-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Ancic's voice is :inlove:
:lol: Agreed! Reminds me of Adelaide... when he was spelling something :tape: :hug: 'kaaaaaaay'....'aaaaay' oh, so adorable! :angel:

Alexiana
04-23-2006, 03:31 PM
I have never hear Tommy speak in German. But in English his voice was somehow deeper than I expected. I'm afraid Tommy is picking up American bad speaking habits. "You know" is used so much in the U.S. Sometimes people actually say "you know" after everything they say. It will sound like this: "I think Tommy Haas is very handsome you know and I would love to have his autograph you know". You just want to scream at them either yes I do know or no I don't know :lol:

thats what he does, he uses it almost after every sentence when he thinks of what to say next ;)

cobalt60
04-23-2006, 03:49 PM
I think it is just speaking in a foreign accent that is nice. At least those I have heard.