Tommy will drive to Victory at the BMW Open by Credit Suisse [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tommy will drive to Victory at the BMW Open by Credit Suisse

04-17-2006, 04:13 PM
Well at least I hope his wrist will be well by that time and that he can play :) And it would be nice for him to win in his own country :cool:

Givenchy
04-18-2006, 01:15 AM
I hope Tommy is better intime for the tournament. :D

The time off should help a lot. It'd be great for Tommy to return with a win here. :D

04-18-2006, 03:20 AM
Yes I would love for him to get a win in his own country ;) But, of course, I wanted him to win Houston. Everytime I think about it I get upset :banghead: The title was his there was no one left that could have beaten him IMO after he beat Andy :bigcry: I know I have to stop thinking about it, but I'm finding it hard to let go of for some reason :rolleyes:

Alexiana
04-18-2006, 11:59 AM
Yes I would love for him to get a win in his own country ;) But, of course, I wanted him to win Houston. Everytime I think about it I get upset :banghead: The title was his there was no one left that could have beaten him IMO after he beat Andy :bigcry: I know I have to stop thinking about it, but I'm finding it hard to let go of for some reason :rolleyes:

I know what you mean, I did that before too. But I'm a Tommy fan for so many years now, that I got used to his bad luck. I am angry but then I look forward. He can be lucky that he can play after his shoulder surgery so we should be thankful for that :)

04-18-2006, 04:01 PM
I know what you mean, I did that before too. But I'm a Tommy fan for so many years now, that I got used to his bad luck. I am angry but then I look forward. He can be lucky that he can play after his shoulder surgery so we should be thankful for that :)
I know you are right. Because there for a long while I didn't think he would be able to play Pro Tennis again due to the shoulder. Didn't he have surgery on that shoulder twice? Another little odd twist Mardy Fish had not one, but two surgeries on his wrist :eek:

Neely
04-18-2006, 11:24 PM
He can be lucky that he can play after his shoulder surgery so we should be thankful for that :)
haha, yeah... you also have to see it that way. All in all, Tommy did very well immediately after his comeback from severe injury on his shoulder. I mean, just look at Verkerk or Escudé how these guys are all struggling with their respective shoulder injuries. I don't think their injuries itselves are much, severer (if at all...) than Tommy did have it. They did not come back yet (Escudé) since the end of 2004 or are struggling to win on ATP level (Verkerk). Tommy came back from injury after 15 months immediately on ATP level and won the first match in his third or fourth tournament already. And not many weeks later, he won the title in Houston.

So yes, we have to be thankful he still can play at such an amazing level :)

Neely
04-18-2006, 11:37 PM
Well at least I hope his wrist will be well by that time and that he can play :) And it would be nice for him to win in his own country :cool:
Yes, such a tournament win at home would be very nice, would be worth a lot because Germany does not have many tournament champions that win at German tournaments. There was Tommy with Stuttgart Indoors in 2001, then before it was Kiwi in Halle 1999. And that was for the current generation, right? Or did I forget somebody?

And BTW, I think I mentioned it already some time ago here, but Michael Stich was the last German winner at the BMW Open in Munich. He was my former favourite player of all when I discovered tennis in the early 90s as a great sports. Stich won 1994 in Munich and he won also all the other tournaments that Germany hosted at this time. And this was a very big deal because it involved 8 different tournament, and things like the Compaq Grand Slam Cup (does not exist anymore today, but was a top competition), Singles Championships (today known as Masters Cup) and tournaments played on many different surfaces, like grass, indoor hardcourt or clay. Even Becker could only dream of what Stich won at German tournaments. Damn, these were great times, now people have to wait for years until another German tennis player is winning at an home event... :o

04-19-2006, 03:01 AM
Well let's all hope that Tommy can win at Munich ;) That would help a great deal in making up for his bad luck in Houston, if only he doesn't run into anymore bad luck :banghead: Oh another player that hasn't done as well after shoulder surgery is Coria. So yes I really am thankful that Tommy is playing as well as he is :angel: I think what bothered me so much in Houston was that Tommy did the difficult work of beating Andy in Houston and Mardy got to take advantage of Tommy's work :ras:
Mardy would not have beaten Andy :rolleyes:

<Eve>
04-19-2006, 06:10 PM
Hi you all!! What's wrong with MTF & WTA?? I couldn't access to the site the whole day!! And now it's reaaaaly slow :rolleyes: so i'm only writing a message here, and i will try again later!!

I've read about Tommy, it's really sad :sad:
It's bad luck after bad luck after bad luck etc etc.. :bigcry:
But we have to look forward indeed.. Let's hope again, that the rest is good for tommy.. :yeah:

:bigwave:

04-19-2006, 06:23 PM
I have been having site trouble also and the site for me looks funny now. It has all these little boxes with red x's in them? I don't know what is going on, but there for awhile I thought the MTF was gone! The last time I had trouble like this with a site--it never came back :eek:

<Eve>
04-20-2006, 05:52 AM
I have been having site trouble also and the site for me looks funny now. It has all these little boxes with red x's in them? I don't know what is going on, but there for awhile I thought the MTF was gone! The last time I had trouble like this with a site--it never came back :eek:
I had the same problems, but everything is ok again now!!!! :woohoo: :D

04-20-2006, 07:51 AM
I had the same problems, but everything is ok again now!!!! :woohoo: :D
Well I think there are still some things that aren't working.
Some one mentioned the pictures of players wasn't working. But as far as posting everything seems to be back to normal ;) What happened was "a massive breakdown in the hardware". According to the reply from an e-mail that I wrote, but there was no mention of what had caused it to happen. Maybe no one even knows :shrug:

<Eve>
04-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Well I think there are still some things that aren't working.
Some one mentioned the pictures of players wasn't working. But as far as posting everything seems to be back to normal ;) What happened was "a massive breakdown in the hardware". According to the reply from an e-mail that I wrote, but there was no mention of what had caused it to happen. Maybe no one even knows :shrug:

I was thinking already about this forum never coming back online etc etc!! So I'm glad everything is solved now!! :woohoo:

<Eve>
04-20-2006, 05:40 PM
oh and btw mae, when you want to read tommy's messages in english,
they usually will be there a couple of days later...
or something else you can try, is go to
http://www.freetranslation.com and translate the german message into english...
The grammar isn't great at all, but i think you can understand the main message out of it (u know what i mean??)

Alexiana
04-21-2006, 04:54 PM
hey girls, I've been busy the last days and also had trouble coming to the forum. But I guess it works fine now. Tommys management confirmed that he will play Munich :)

04-21-2006, 07:22 PM
oh and btw mae, when you want to read tommy's messages in english,
they usually will be there a couple of days later...
or something else you can try, is go to
http://www.freetranslation.com and translate the german message into english...
The grammar isn't great at all, but i think you can understand the main message out of it (u know what i mean??)
Thanks Tommy Girl for the help about Tommy's website ;)
I will remember that, if I can ever remember to check his website :rolleyes:

04-21-2006, 07:25 PM
hey girls, I've been busy the last days and also had trouble coming to the forum. But I guess it works fine now. Tommys management confirmed that he will play Munich :)
That is great news :yeah: Thanks for posting it ;)

Alexiana
04-22-2006, 12:39 PM
That is great news :yeah: Thanks for posting it ;)

I'm glad to be able to keep you up to date :)

04-23-2006, 03:33 AM
I'm glad to be able to keep you up to date :)
I very much count on you to keep me up to date about Tommy ;) And you are so nice to post information about Tommy :angel: And it seems like forever since Tommy last played :rolleyes: But the good part about that is that he has had time to take care of the wrist :) But there is just something about Tommy--why do I always think what is going to happen to him next :confused: It is like he is under a very dark cloud so much of the time :rain:

Alexiana
04-23-2006, 04:52 PM
I'd like to see him in the winner BMW :drool:

04-23-2006, 08:41 PM
I'd like to see him in the winner BMW :drool:
Yes that is one of the things I like about you so much. You always stay so positive ;) But I must admit between the two of us I thought we had jinxed Rafa. I'm happy we didn't :dance: I needed the vCash because I did something very stupid. I had started a Blog, but it was awful. Well instead of just starting on something new I deleted my Blog entries thinking the area would just be blank, but once you start a Blog the area is always there. I had not known that when I made the deletions. And stupid me I didn't stop to think that if making Blog entries gave you vCash deleting Blog entries would take the vCash away :rolleyes: I'm glad Tommy doesn't know he has such a stupid fan :silly: And now on top of that since I couldn't get the site completed erased I started a new Blog. I guess if it were possible my Blog must have gotten mad at me because now it is not giving me credit for all my entries--it stays two behind the number of entries I have actually made :ras: Cheated by my own Blog I can't believe it :eek:

Alexiana
04-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Yes that is one of the things I like about you so much. You always stay so positive ;) But I must admit between the two of us I thought we had jinxed Rafa. I'm happy we didn't :dance: I needed the vCash because I did something very stupid. I had started a Blog, but it was awful. Well instead of just starting on something new I deleted my Blog entries thinking the area would just be blank, but once you start a Blog the area is always there. I had not known that when I made the deletions. And stupid me I didn't stop to think that if making Blog entries gave you vCash deleting Blog entries would take the vCash away :rolleyes: I'm glad Tommy doesn't know he has such a stupid fan :silly: And now on top of that since I couldn't get the site completed erased I started a new Blog. I guess if it were possible my Blog must have gotten mad at me because now it is not giving me credit for all my entries--it stays two behind the number of entries I have actually made :ras: Cheated by my own Blog I can't believe it :eek:

oh thanks for the compliment :hug: But there are times when even I am totally pessimistic... We didn't jinx Rafa, we pushed him to victory :yeah:
you have a blog? Whats the link? I can't believe you have such a mean and unsupportive blog :eek: I wanna visit it :) Do you have ICQ by the way?

Jogy
04-23-2006, 11:24 PM
:bigwave: hey all together, I hope Tommy takes the big fat BMW car with him after this tourmanament! :) :woohoo:

That would be fun! :D

Would like to go to tournament, but Munich is a bit away from me, not sure if I can, must find time!

Mae: sorry you lost blog entry. I hope it was not so important and need to worry about it. MTF is have problem last days it seems? :confused: the more big and complex the forum is, the more problems I think :sad: Hope you are good! :hug:

04-24-2006, 12:37 AM
oh thanks for the compliment :hug: But there are times when even I am totally pessimistic... We didn't jinx Rafa, we pushed him to victory :yeah:
you have a blog? Whats the link? I can't believe you have such a mean and unsupportive blog :eek: I wanna visit it :) Do you have ICQ by the way?
No I don't have ICQ. I don't even know what it is :confused:
All I know about my Blog is you can get there by clicking on my name in the Forum. And that takes you to where you can PM me, but it will also show my Blog so you just click on it. Warning it still isn't very good :rolleyes: I don't know who I should have asked about the Forum Blog, but I should have checked things out better before I started the Blog. Maybe if I had checked things out better I wouldn't have started one :shrug:

Alexiana
04-24-2006, 10:42 AM
No I don't have ICQ. I don't even know what it is :confused:
All I know about my Blog is you can get there by clicking on my name in the Forum. And that takes you to where you can PM me, but it will also show my Blog so you just click on it. Warning it still isn't very good :rolleyes: I don't know who I should have asked about the Forum Blog, but I should have checked things out better before I started the Blog. Maybe if I had checked things out better I wouldn't have started one :shrug:

I noticed, that users who have a blog have a little b in a red circle under their name (next to the rep button) So I checked it out yesterday. I also wrote you a message there :)

ICQ is an instant messenger system.

Alexiana
04-24-2006, 10:47 AM
good Tommy news on his Homepage:

I´ll be in Munich, Germany, on Wednesday

My right wrist is doing better. I will play four tournaments in Germany this summer.

The BMW Open in Munich is my up comming tounament. I will arrive in Munich on Wednesday, and I´m looking forward to see my family. My parents and my sisters live in or close to Munich. The BMW Open is one of four tournaments I´m going to play in Germany this year. The biggest one will be the Masters-Series event in Hamburg.

My right wrist is doing better. That´s the most important news. I won´t have any problems playing in Munich. So, to cancle the Masters-Series tournament in Monte Carlo was the right decision.

<Eve>
04-24-2006, 10:50 AM
I noticed, that users who have a blog have a little b in a red circle under their name (next to the rep button) So I checked it out yesterday. I also wrote you a message there :)

ICQ is an instant messenger system.
Mae i hope your blog will be ok again soon!!!

I know icq :lol: my god that's a long long time ago... when i started with internet, i had icq! oh man.. i hated the sounds :lol:
i remember i really liked it though, with the green and red flowers, and you had your own number.. you might find me by the name mistygirl, 14 y/o and female :haha: that's all i remember :rolleyes:
when MSN messenger came online, i started using that one as my messenger...

Alexiana
04-24-2006, 10:58 AM
Mae i hope your blog will be ok again soon!!!

I know icq :lol: my god that's a long long time ago... when i started with internet, i had icq! oh man.. i hated the sounds :lol:
i remember i really liked it though, with the green and red flowers, and you had your own number.. you might find me by the name mistygirl, 14 y/o and female :haha: that's all i remember :rolleyes:
when MSN messenger came online, i started using that one as my messenger...

do you still have it installed? then I could search you or give you my number :)

<Eve>
04-24-2006, 02:52 PM
do you still have it installed? then I could search you or give you my number :)

:yeah: I just installed it again with a new number,
it is: 343146485
can you please search me? :) it's been a long time ago so i'm not used to it anymore!

04-24-2006, 05:51 PM
:bigwave: hey all together, I hope Tommy takes the big fat BMW car with him after this tourmanament! :) :woohoo:

That would be fun! :D

Would like to go to tournament, but Munich is a bit away from me, not sure if I can, must find time!

Mae: sorry you lost blog entry. I hope it was not so important and need to worry about it. MTF is have problem last days it seems? :confused: the more big and complex the forum is, the more problems I think :sad: Hope you are good! :hug:
Yes lets all think that Tommy is going to win the Tournament and the car ;) And thanks Jogy, but my Blog problems weren't caused by the Forum. The problems were caused by me doing something stupid :sad: But don't worry I will be fine :hug:

Alexiana
04-24-2006, 08:07 PM
:yeah: I just installed it again with a new number,
it is: 343146485
can you please search me? :) it's been a long time ago so i'm not used to it anymore!

ok I put you to my list, but you have to authorize my request first:)

04-25-2006, 03:26 AM
ok I put you to my list, but you have to authorize my request first:)
:lol: Tommy Girl I'm glad you have to authorize Alexiana's request or anybody that comes into this Forum could be looking you up :eek: This is just IMO because I don't want to upset anyone, but I think some information is best handled in a PM.

<Eve>
04-25-2006, 07:25 AM
:lol: Tommy Girl I'm glad you have to authorize Alexiana's request or anybody that comes into this Forum could be looking you up :eek: This is just IMO because I don't want to upset anyone, but I think some information is best handled in a PM.
:lol: don't worry! :) Anybody who wants to talk to me is welcome, there's no secret information in my personal info etc...
only things are name, date of birth, city i live in.. that's about it!

i know why you are careful with this kind of info, but for me it's innocent information :)
alexia and everybody else, can't find other info unless i tell it, or send pictures;)

Alexiana
04-25-2006, 10:20 AM
:lol: don't worry! :) Anybody who wants to talk to me is welcome, there's no secret information in my personal info etc...
only things are name, date of birth, city i live in.. that's about it!

i know why you are careful with this kind of info, but for me it's innocent information :)
alexia and everybody else, can't find other info unless i tell it, or send pictures;)

I now everything about you now, Eva :devil:

Mae, you really have to install ICQ, we had a very funny talk yesterday :)

<Eve>
04-25-2006, 11:57 AM
I now everything about you now, Eva :devil:

Mae, you really have to install ICQ, we had a very funny talk yesterday :)
:eek: :eek: :eek: OH NO!! I'd better watch out for you!! :bolt:

Mae you really have to!! It's nice!! :D And you don't have to fill in any personal information if you don't want to!! :yeah: (right alexia?) :lol:

Alexiana
04-25-2006, 02:23 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: OH NO!! I'd better watch out for you!! :bolt:

Mae you really have to!! It's nice!! :D And you don't have to fill in any personal information if you don't want to!! :yeah: (right alexia?) :lol:

yeah right :) How was your test?

<Eve>
04-25-2006, 09:44 PM
it was ok!! thanks for asking!! i'll do another on thursday :eek:

04-25-2006, 09:45 PM
Oh sorry sometimes you have to give a lot of information out and I was afraid maybe this was something like that.
I don't think I can install anything with the pityful equipment that I have :sad: I would love to be able to join in ;) but I can't :bigcry:

Alexiana
04-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Tommy landed in Munich at 6 am yesterday and will be playing Tuesday so he can get some rest before :) His wrist is doing fine and it was the right decision to quit against Mardy he said. All the concentration will be on Tommy I guess...

<Eve>
04-27-2006, 06:30 PM
Tommy landed in Munich at 6 am yesterday and will be playing Tuesday so he can get some rest before :) His wrist is doing fine and it was the right decision to quit against Mardy he said. All the concentration will be on Tommy I guess...
ok great to hear his wrist is ok!!!!!!! :yeah: :woohoo:
it's the best thing he could have said!! (except for a marriage proposal to me of course :lol: )
so let's kick some ass next week!!! yeahh i'm in the mood for a huge tournament win!!! :D :D

Come on tommy!! :bounce:

04-27-2006, 10:51 PM
Gee I was beginning to think this Tournament would never start :ras:
But now it is time to let the party begin :aparty: Auf geht's Tommy :woohoo: :dance: :yippee: :banana:

Givenchy
04-28-2006, 01:51 AM

Great news! :D

I hope Tommy will do well and take the title. :)

Alexiana
04-28-2006, 12:33 PM
Great news! :D

I hope Tommy will do well and take the title. :)

Yeah, that would be so great :D Los Tommy zeigs ihnen :yeah:

<Eve>
04-28-2006, 12:37 PM
ja! ich hoffe das tommy das turnier winnen kann!! :lol:

Alexiana
04-28-2006, 01:53 PM
ja! ich hoffe das tommy das turnier winnen kann!! :lol:

hey that was really good :yeah: but it's called gewinnen ;)

<Eve>
04-28-2006, 03:03 PM
hey that was really good :yeah: but it's called gewinnen ;):bigcry:

;)

ich denke auch das tommy das turnier gewinnen soll!!!!! :woohoo:

gewinnen soll = have to win /must win, right?!

Alexiana
04-28-2006, 03:14 PM
:bigcry:

;)

ich denke auch das tommy das turnier gewinnen soll!!!!! :woohoo:

gewinnen soll = have to win /must win, right?!

it's like "should win" :)

04-29-2006, 12:21 AM
Come now ladies remember there is someone here who is language challenged---ME :bigcry:

<Eve>
04-29-2006, 04:06 AM
Come now ladies remember there is someone here who is language challenged---ME :bigcry:sorry sweety!! but all the messages are in your language already!!! ;)

i will never talk german again i promise!!!!!! :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

you know whqt the problem is now... i live in a very busy street,,
and they are preparing for a flee market already!! :eek:
a lot of noise, my friend preparing spaghetti...

i just want to go to sleeeeeepppppp :sad: :sad: :sad:

*edit* but the spaghetti tastes good!!! :yeah:

Alexiana
04-29-2006, 02:23 PM
Main Draw is out:

(1) CORIA, Guillermo ARG v Qualifier
Qualifier v BRACCIALI, Daniele ITA
Qualifier v RAMIREZ HIDALGO, Ruben ESP
STARACE, Potito ITA v (5) ROCHUS, Olivier BEL

(4) HAAS, Tommy GER v KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO
Qualifier v PHAU, Bjorn GER
(WC) GREUL, Simon GER v PASHANSKI, Boris SCG
MELZER, Jurgen AUT v (7) YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS

(6) SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn THA v MONACO, Juan ARG
VIK, Robin CZE v SCHUETTLER, Rainer GER
(WC) WASKE, Alexander GER v MAYER, Florian GER
PAVEL, Andrei ROM v (3) NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN

(8) SERRA, Florent FRA v SODERLING, Robin SWE
TIPSAREVIC, Janko SCG v VLIEGEN, Kristof BEL
(WC) BECK, Andreas GER v HERNYCH, Jan CZE
KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp GER v (2) ANCIC, Mario CRO

Neely
04-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Thanks for main draw!

Phew, the Karlovic match could be a difficult one right from the beginning of this tournament. Karlovic won some matches this week also and with his serve you never know, when Tommy has a bad day, Karlovic doesn't give much rhythm to him and that means trouble. And Tommy lost to Karlovic 2004 in Rome in the third set tiebreak :fiery:

The rest is hard to say. Regarding the quarter itself, I mean Youzhny, Pashanski and Melzer are usually no claycourt clowns, but neither of them is running the biggest form currently.

Alexiana
04-29-2006, 03:07 PM
Thanks for main draw!

Phew, the Karlovic match could be a difficult one right from the beginning of this tournament. Karlovic won some matches this week also and with his serve you never know, when Tommy has a bad day, Karlovic doesn't give much rhythm to him and that means trouble. And Tommy lost to Karlovic 2004 in Rome in the third set tiebreak :fiery:

The rest is hard to say. Regarding the quarter itself, I mean Youzhny, Pashanski and Melzer are usually no claycourt clowns, but neither of them is running the biggest form currently.

yeah I think so too, Karlovic isn't an easy first round. But I think Tommy will handle him. He's good against big servers. I think Youzhny could be a dangerous player on clay too but he is out of form recently. I think Tommys chances are good to perhaps reach the final.

Alexiana
04-29-2006, 03:09 PM
I'm curious on the Waske- Mayer game. I know normally Mayer has to defeat Alex, but that could be a close match.

Neely
04-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Last year he played against Wayne Arthurs, another big server and Arthurs was at that time very good in shape (had won his first singles title a month ago or so) and also did play well for his standards on clay and Tommy won in two tiebreaks, but not without a sweat and it was 8-6 in the tiebreak twice or something like that. I hope he is able to break him to make it easy for himself! :rocker2:

I'm curious on the Waske- Mayer game. I know normally Mayer has to defeat Alex, but that could be a close match.
yeah, the problem could be that Mayer currently sucks.

Alexiana
04-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Last year he played against Wayne Arthurs, another big server and Arthurs was at that time very good in shape (had won his first singles title a month ago or so) and also did play well for his standards on clay and Tommy won in two tiebreaks, but not without a sweat and it was 8-6 in the tiebreak twice or something like that. I hope he is able to break him to make it easy for himself! :rocker2:

yeah, the problem could be that Mayer currently sucks.

sure, he has to be fit to overcome Karlovic. I remember that Arthurs game it gave me some sweat to :lol:
I'm so happy we finally have live coverage in Germany :D

04-30-2006, 04:24 AM
sorry sweety!! but all the messages are in your language already!!! ;)

i will never talk german again i promise!!!!!! :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

you know whqt the problem is now... i live in a very busy street,,
and they are preparing for a flee market already!! :eek:
a lot of noise, my friend preparing spaghetti...

i just want to go to sleeeeeepppppp :sad: :sad: :sad:

*edit* but the spaghetti tastes good!!! :yeah:
:lol: I was just joking you can use German anytime you want. Actually I'm just sorry I can't learn another language :sad: :silly: Oh and I love spaghetti ;) It's interesting that you posted that because I ate spaghetti tonight :cool:

04-30-2006, 04:29 AM
Thanks for posting the draw :) But I don't like it :fiery: Why do these things happen to Tommy? It just seems like now something has to go wrong for him all the time when he started out so well this year :sad:
:mad:

Alexiana
04-30-2006, 09:54 AM
Thanks for posting the draw :) But I don't like it :fiery: Why do these things happen to Tommy? It just seems like now something has to go wrong for him all the time when he started out so well this year :sad:
:mad:

I dont think its sooo bad. He has his chances and I am sure he will give everything to reach at leat the final here :)

04-30-2006, 07:43 PM
I dont think its sooo bad. He has his chances and I am sure he will give everything to reach at leat the final here :)
Yes Tommy is a player that does "give everything" when he plays tennis. Some players you get the feeling that they don't care if they win or not. And I have to wonder why they are playing, if they don't want to win :shrug: Of course that "give everything" might have something to do with why Tommy has injury problems. Can you believe the number of pages and views this thread has already and the Tournament hasn't even started? It either shows how popular Tommy is or everyone wants to know what those 3 crazy women in Tommy's Forum are talking about :aplot:
The "3 crazy women" will not be named :lol: Seriously I'm sure Tommy is a very popular player ;)

<Eve>
04-30-2006, 07:55 PM
Yes Tommy is a player that does "give everything" when he plays tennis. Some players you get the feeling that they don't care if they win or not. And I have to wonder why they are playing, if they don't want to win :shrug: Of course that "give everything" might have something to do with why Tommy has injury problems. Can you believe the number of pages and views this thread has already and the Tournament hasn't even started? It either shows how popular Tommy is or everyone wants to know what those 3 crazy women in Tommy's Forum are talking about :aplot:
The "3 crazy women" will not be named :lol: Seriously I'm sure Tommy is a very popular player ;)
:aplot: i'm innocent! don't know about which 3 girls you're talking?! :shrug:

:rolls: :lol:

i think we're all really looking forward to see tommy play again!!! :D

04-30-2006, 08:40 PM
:rolls: :crazy: I think it has been waaaaaaaaay too long since we have seen Tommy play :yeah:

<Eve>
04-30-2006, 08:56 PM
:rolls: :crazy: I think it has been waaaaaaaaay too long since we have seen Tommy play :yeah::fiery: exactly!!! :p

04-30-2006, 09:05 PM
:fiery: exactly!!! :p
But why does he have to start out against Ivo :sad: :mad:
:fiery:

<Eve>
04-30-2006, 09:08 PM
But why does he have to start out against Ivo :sad: :mad:
:fiery:because.... :shrug:
i think all the tournament people really hate us with all these draws recently!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

04-30-2006, 09:12 PM
because.... :shrug:
i think all the tournament people really hate us with all these draws recently!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I agree :mad: Poor Tommy if good luck were for sale he couldn't even buy any :sad: He's either sick, hurt, or he gets a draw I would rather he didn't have :rolleyes:

<Eve>
04-30-2006, 09:23 PM
I agree :mad: Poor Tommy if good luck were for sale he couldn't even buy any :sad: He's either sick, hurt, or he gets a draw I would rather he didn't have :rolleyes:
but, remember, tommy is the best!!! and the best player can and will defeat everyone!!! :woohoo: :yeah: :aparty:

04-30-2006, 09:51 PM
Well I think one guy that is Swiss and another that is Spanish might not agree with you there. But we can think Tommy is the best, if we want to :)

Alexiana
04-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Well I think one guy that is Swiss and another that is Spanish might not agree with you there. But we can think Tommy is the best, if we want to :)

Are you having doubts Mae??? I can't believe that :o :o ;)

05-01-2006, 06:07 AM
Are you having doubts Mae??? I can't believe that :o :o ;)
:lol: I didn't say I didn't agree with Tommy Girl I said a Swiss guy and a Spanish guy might not agree with her. However, we don't have to pay any attention to them, do we :p

Neely
05-01-2006, 08:52 AM
I'm a bit surprised they didn't put up a bit of a stronger schedule for today, such as Tommy's match or some other big matches and names.

Okay, it's only Monday and it's rare that the 'best matches' are played so early, but today is a holiday and so most people don't have to work and the weather seems to be perfect, too, which was also forecasted yesterday already. That would be an ideal occassion for many people to make a visit to the tournament, even more so when they would see Tommy or Coria or such names.

Tomorrow, when Tommy and others play, many people are still at work or have to take a day off from work to go to the tournament.

<Eve>
05-01-2006, 08:56 AM
:lol: I didn't say I didn't agree with Tommy Girl I said a Swiss guy and a Spanish guy might not agree with her. However, we don't have to pay any attention to them, do we :p

no we don't :devil:
i think the swiss and the spanish guy are :retard: :cuckoo: :smash: :silly: :cuckoo: if they don't agree with me :rolleyes: :o

<Eve>
05-01-2006, 08:59 AM
I'm a bit surprised they didn't put up a bit of a stronger schedule for today, such as Tommy's match or some other big matches and names.

Okay, it's only Monday and it's rare that the 'best matches' are played so early, but today is a holiday and so most people don't have to work and the weather seems to be perfect, too, which was also forecasted yesterday already. That would be an ideal occassion for many people to make a visit to the tournament, even more so when they would see Tommy or Coria or such names.

Tomorrow, when Tommy and others play, many people are still at work or have to take a day off from work to go to the tournament.

:shrug: that's really strange!! why is it a holiday over there today??
maybe the organisation didn't know it was a holiday?! :confused:

Neely
05-01-2006, 09:31 AM
I'm sure they knew it was a holiday and that many people therefore would have had the chance to see some good matches without taking a day off from work. They can't be so stupid to forget this :lol: usually ;)

Maybe there are reasons we are not aware of or they thought it's stupid to have such big matches among some final round qualification matches. I'm not sure, but I still think that it would have been more comfortable to schedule for example Tommy today, because as mentioned, tomorrow many people won't have the chance to see him even if they wanted.

I think TV coverage starts tomorrow, maybe that was the strongest point to not schedule him today. That would make sense at least because I'm sure they want to carry Tommy's match on TV tomorrow.

<Eve>
05-01-2006, 09:42 AM
I think TV coverage starts tomorrow, maybe that was the strongest point to not schedule him today. That would make sense at least because I'm sure they want to carry Tommy's match on TV tomorrow.
:aplot: that sounds like a good reason!!!
Do you know on which channel they will show the tournament?!
I think I have a couple of german channels on my tv!!
or is it just eurosport?!

Jogy
05-01-2006, 10:12 AM
YEAH TOMMY! :)
Lets start tomorrow with good play!
I hope he makes the match and goes far!

I hope I will make it to visit tournament on some days :)

Neely
05-01-2006, 10:38 AM
:aplot: that sounds like a good reason!!!
Do you know on which channel they will show the tournament?!
I think I have a couple of german channels on my tv!!
or is it just eurosport?!
I think Eurosport is showing nothing at all. Usually only a litte channel is broadcasting from this tournament, but it's available via Astra satellite. And bad thing is their top priority is not tennis, so when the matches get rained out or take much longer, it's very likely that they cut it off and that you don't see the whole thing.

You can find their schedule for tomorrow and for other days of the week on the homepage:
http://www.br-online.de/programme/bfs/index.jsp?show=2&date=20060502

You see then tomorrow it starts at 14:10 and they planned until 16:00 only :( So usually they should try to put Tommy's within this time. But you never know what these experts are finally doing ;)

<Eve>
05-01-2006, 11:45 AM
I think Eurosport is showing nothing at all. Usually only a litte channel is broadcasting from this tournament, but it's available via Astra satellite. And bad thing is their top priority is not tennis, so when the matches get rained out or take much longer, it's very likely that they cut it off and that you don't see the whole thing.

You can find their schedule for tomorrow and for other days of the week on the homepage:
http://www.br-online.de/programme/bfs/index.jsp?show=2&date=20060502

You see then tomorrow it starts at 14:10 and they planned until 16:00 only :( So usually they should try to put Tommy's within this time. But you never know what these experts are finally doing ;)
unfortunately i don;t have a sattelite :bigcry: so i don't think i'll see tommy anywhere :( as far as i can see on this site, they dont have a livestream online do they?

Alexiana
05-01-2006, 12:18 PM
I'm sure they knew it was a holiday and that many people therefore would have had the chance to see some good matches without taking a day off from work. They can't be so stupid to forget this :lol: usually ;)

Maybe there are reasons we are not aware of or they thought it's stupid to have such big matches among some final round qualification matches. I'm not sure, but I still think that it would have been more comfortable to schedule for example Tommy today, because as mentioned, tomorrow many people won't have the chance to see him even if they wanted.

They sheduled Tommy on Tuesday so that he could get some rest. He was very pleased with the decision.

<Eve>
05-01-2006, 12:44 PM
They sheduled Tommy on Tuesday so that he could get some rest. He was very pleased with the decision.
:lol: you know everything!! :yeah:

Alexiana
05-01-2006, 12:45 PM
:lol: you know everything!! :yeah:

I just read a lot of articles :lol:

<Eve>
05-01-2006, 10:44 PM
I just read a lot of articles :lol:
yeah right ;) don't be ashamed of the fact you are addicted to tommy :p

05-02-2006, 02:26 AM
Well for Tommy's sake since he had to make the trip over from the U.S.
plus needed time for that wrist I'm very glad they did schedule him tomorrow. I'm sure the Tournament people want to take very good care of Tommy :) Don't we all :devil:

Alexiana
05-02-2006, 09:33 AM
Well for Tommy's sake since he had to make the trip over from the U.S.
plus needed time for that wrist I'm very glad they did schedule him tomorrow. I'm sure the Tournament people want to take very good care of Tommy :) Don't we all :devil:

yeah all the eyes are on Tommy, as Schüttler and Beck are already out of the tournament. And Beck had such a comfortable lead :sad:

Alexiana
05-02-2006, 09:34 AM
yeah right ;) don't be ashamed of the fact you are addicted to tommy :p

I never denied that fact :lol:

Alexiana
05-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Live coverage today :woohoo:

<Eve>
05-02-2006, 09:37 AM
:( not for me though

i have to follow the live scoring online!!!
but im glad you'll be able to see tommy!!!!

will his match start in an hour or so??

Alexiana
05-02-2006, 09:45 AM
:( not for me though

i have to follow the live scoring online!!!
but im glad you'll be able to see tommy!!!!

will his match start in an hour or so??

no it will start at about 14.50.... long time to go :rolleyes:

<Eve>
05-02-2006, 09:49 AM
no it will start at about 14.50.... long time to go :rolleyes:that's good! so i can take a shower (btw, how was your shower on saturday when you were home alone? :haha: ) and do some shopping before it starts!

you know what, the hot english guy is still planning to come to holland in june :hearts: i can't wait!!

Alexiana
05-02-2006, 10:14 AM
that's good! so i can take a shower (btw, how was your shower on saturday when you were home alone? :haha: ) and do some shopping before it starts!

you know what, the hot english guy is still planning to come to holland in june :hearts: i can't wait!!

good luck then ;) I have to do some shopping now too :)

<Eve>
05-02-2006, 10:15 AM
good luck then ;) I have to do some shopping now too :)shopping is the best!! :yeah: have fun! :bigwave:

Alexiana
05-02-2006, 10:16 AM
shopping is the best!! :yeah: have fun! :bigwave:

you too, see ya :) :wavey:

<Eve>
05-02-2006, 12:29 PM
:eek: Alexia where are you?! the match already started!!!!
or are you in front of the tv!?

<Eve>
05-02-2006, 12:40 PM
:woohoo: i can watch Haas too!!! he looks so HOT!!!!

http://mfile.akamai.com/20547/live/reflector:54713.asx?bkup=55670

<Eve>
05-02-2006, 01:52 PM
tommy lost 3-6 6-7 (3) :bigcry:
i don't think tommy played that bad, but the serve of karlovic :eek:

i am fucking depressed!!! it's totally different when you follow the score online (or watch it afterwards) or when you can actually watch the game!!
i hate ivo now :bigcry: :bigcry:

damn it!! we've been waiting for sooo long to see tommy play again and now he's out the tournament after the 1st round!!! :fiery:

and i was so extremely happy that i found a stream to watch the tournament the whole week :bigcry:

Alexiana
05-02-2006, 02:06 PM
tommy lost 3-6 6-7 (3) :bigcry:
i don't think tommy played that bad, but the serve of karlovic :eek:

i am fucking depressed!!! it's totally different when you follow the score online (or watch it afterwards) or when you can actually watch the game!!
i hate ivo now :bigcry: :bigcry:

damn it!! we've been waiting for sooo long to see tommy play again and now he's out the tournament after the 1st round!!! :fiery:

and i was so extremely happy that i found a stream to watch the tournament the whole week :bigcry:

yeah that completely sucks.......I was happy too that we finally had some coverage over here... I'm really angry now :mad: :mad:

He looked really hoooot

Alexiana
05-02-2006, 02:08 PM
:woohoo: i can watch Haas too!!! he looks so HOT!!!!

http://mfile.akamai.com/20547/live/reflector:54713.asx?bkup=55670

thanks so much for the link, the coverage stoped at 16 and i want to see mayer-waske :hug:

<Eve>
05-02-2006, 02:09 PM
yeah that completely sucks.......I was happy too that we finally had some coverage over here... I'm really angry now :mad: :mad:

He looked really hooootimagine he wouldn't even be hot, then it would've sucked even more... st*pid tommy

<Eve>
05-02-2006, 02:10 PM
thanks so much for the link, the coverage stoped at 16 and i want to see mayer-waske :hug:
welcome!! :yeah:
i'm also watching it.. figured out that i really really need a new favourite player besides JcFerrero, safin and haas...
maybe waske will be my new one ;)

Alexiana
05-02-2006, 02:21 PM
imagine he wouldn't even be hot, then it would've sucked even more... st*pid tommy http://yelims5.free.fr/Violence/Violence57.gif

that's a good point :lol:

Alexiana
05-02-2006, 02:24 PM
welcome!! :yeah:
i'm also watching it.. figured out that i really really need a new favourite player besides JcFerrero, safin and haas...
maybe waske will be my new one ;)

Waske is a really great guy, not the best player but I really like his fighting spirit and he's the one that pushes the crowd most in Daviscup. Aren't there any good dutch players you like?

<Eve>
05-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Waske is a really great guy, not the best player but I really like his fighting spirit and he's the one that pushes the crowd most in Daviscup. Aren't there any good dutch players you like?no... they are all really bad players.. the only one i like i the krajicek girl... i'm not really a country girl :D

Alexiana
05-02-2006, 02:43 PM
no... they are all really bad players.. the only one i like i the krajicek girl... i'm not really a country girl :D

I totally am :lol:

05-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Well I think Tommy drove off the road :bigcry: I knew I didn't want him to play Ivo in the 1st Round :sad: And I have never really like Ivo and now I can't stand him :fiery: But on the positive side at least both of you did get to see Tommy :) :lol: Here we have this whole thread and Tommy goes out in the 1st Round--I don't mean it's funny that Tommy lost, but here we have a thread that has been busy and now it is over :banghead: I want someone else to start the next Tournament Thread I think I'm bad luck :smash:

Neely
05-02-2006, 08:41 PM
Damn it! :banghead: :fiery: THAT WAS REALLY A CRAP OUTCOME!
I still say Tommy wasn't completely bad, but Karlovic was simply unbreakable and has lots of aces and serve winners when he needed them. Yes, Tommy played a few bad points and gave Karlovic the break and the mini-breaks in the 2nd set tiebreak, but against Karlovic serving so good the whole match, you may not allow even that because you get very rarely only the chance to straighten out these mistakes.

I was at the tournament today with my sister and my friend. I posted some pics in the other thread, but unfortunately we all suck in photography, so some pics are not really so good, but okay...

I knew I didn't want him to play Ivo in the 1st Round :sad:
Yeah, I thought that, too. But then I had confidence he will win somehow and scrape out a tough match. Unfortunately it went the other way :sad:

<Eve>
05-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Damn it! :banghead: :fiery: THAT WAS REALLY A CRAP OUTCOME!
I still say Tommy wasn't completely bad, but Karlovic was simply unbreakable and has lots of aces and serve winners when he needed them. Yes, Tommy played a few bad points and gave Karlovic the break and the mini-breaks in the 2nd set tiebreak, but against Karlovic serving so good the whole match, you may not allow even that because you get very rarely only the chance to straighten out these mistakes.

I was at the tournament today with my sister and my friend. I posted some pics in the other thread, but unfortunately we all suck in photography, so some pics are not really so good, but okay...

Yeah, I thought that, too. But then I had confidence he will win somehow and scrape out a tough match. Unfortunately it went the other way :sad:you must have had good seats for those pics!! and this ivo... his serve seemed the best out of the play, i really didnt want to look at it actually.. because every time i thought *please not another aceeeee*
:crying2:

<Eve>
05-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Well I think Tommy drove off the road :bigcry: I knew I didn't want him to play Ivo in the 1st Round :sad: And I have never really like Ivo and now I can't stand him :fiery: But on the positive side at least both of you did get to see Tommy :) :lol: Here we have this whole thread and Tommy goes out in the 1st Round--I don't mean it's funny that Tommy lost, but here we have a thread that has been busy and now it is over :banghead: I want someone else to start the next Tournament Thread I think I'm bad luck :smash:as far as i remember, im the one who started the one where he got his wrist injury, so i think im not the perfect person to start a new thread aswell :lol:

but hey, we had a good time in this thread didn't we!! :D
so it wasn't a complete waste of time :p

Neely
05-02-2006, 10:09 PM
you must have had good seats for those pics!! and this ivo... his serve seemed the best out of the play, i really didnt want to look at it actually.. because every time i thought *please not another aceeeee*
:crying2:
Yeah I know what you mean... around us were some other people seated who probably never saw Karlovic before or knew what he can do best and they almost couldn't believe when he was serving the first time how big his serve is and how fast even his 2nd serve is... :lol: And everytime Karlovic aced some shook their head in disbelief... well, me too, sometimes, because it was really frustrating when you sit there and Tommy is denied the slightest chance to do something because he barely can get the racket on the serve :sad: ...

Centre Court in Munich is quite small, you still would have an okay view even when you were up at the highest row. We were about on half way up. The seats were pretty good, only disadvantage was that on this side we were located, the right-handers were pretty much with their backs to us, such as on serve or most of the play when they are playing forehand-orientated... advantage was that there was shadow on this side and that you don't have to look always against the sun until late-afternoon.

BTW, Jogy told me he was going to come to Munich today for a few days to follow the tournament and Tommy's matches and so we met. Unfortunately it turned out to be only one Tommy match for him and understandingly, he was pissed off and disappointed after the loss when I talked to him after the match. Although Tommy lost early, he said he will nevertheless stay until Friday and I should greet you great Tommy fans here on his behalf because he won't access the internet for so long as he is in Munich.

Neely
05-02-2006, 10:14 PM
I want someone else to start the next Tournament Thread I think I'm bad luck :smash:
Hmmm.... :p
maybe it's Alexiana's turn again... or mine! I didn't create a tournament thread in Tommy's forum for quite a long time already :angel:
;)

bavaria100
05-02-2006, 10:18 PM
It's a pity that Tommy lost, but :hatoff: to Ivo. He played a great match and I really have to say that he has improved his ground game a lot. I still remember his match against Agassi at last year's US Open and he had problems to hit a forehand over the net. He really hit a few outstanding forehand winners today. Oh well, I'm sure that Tommy will bounce back in Rome. It was his first match after his injury and he might has been a little bit rusty today.

<Eve>
05-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Yeah I know what you mean... around us were some other people seated who probably never saw Karlovic before or knew what he can do best and they almost couldn't believe when he was serving the first time how big his serve is and how fast even his 2nd serve is... :lol: And everytime Karlovic aced some shook their head in disbelief... well, me too, sometimes, because it was really frustrating when you sit there and Tommy is denied the slightest chance to do something because he barely can get the racket on the serve :sad: ...

Centre Court in Munich is quite small, you still would have an okay view even when you were up at the highest row. We were about on half way up. The seats were pretty good, only disadvantage was that on this side we were located, the right-handers were pretty much with their backs to us, such as on serve or most of the play when they are playing forehand-orientated... advantage was that there was shadow on this side and that you don't have to look always against the sun until late-afternoon.

BTW, Jogy told me he was going to come to Munich today for a few days to follow the tournament and Tommy's matches and so we met. Unfortunately it turned out to be only one Tommy match for him and understandingly, he was pissed off and disappointed after the loss when I talked to him after the match. Although Tommy lost early, he said he will nevertheless stay until Friday and I should greet you great Tommy fans here on his behalf because he won't access the internet for so long as he is in Munich.
Say hi to jogy!!! :bigwave:
how great it must be to go to a tournament, i'm glad i didn't buy tickets to go to munich.. i would be sooo :fiery:!!
good that jogy decided to stay!! i hope you will all see great matches the next few days!!

id never seen karlovic play before so i was also really shocked!! :eek:
mid 2nd set i even lost my faith in tommy :o
i really didn't believe he would win! so i thought: if you have to lose tommy, then please get a 3rd set out of it because it's been so long since ive seen you play :angel:
then 1 amazing point after that, tommy gave me my believe back, then i lost it again etc etc!! it was a frustrating match, but tommy really made great points!!! so i don't think his clay season is lost now or what so ever :D

come on tommy :bounce:

Neely
05-02-2006, 10:22 PM
It's a pity that Tommy lost, but :hatoff: to Ivo. He played a great match and I really have to say that he has improved his ground game a lot. I still remember his match against Agassi at last year's US Open and he had problems to hit a forehand over the net. He really hit a few outstanding forehand winners today. Oh well, I'm sure that Tommy will bounce back in Rome. It was his first match after his injury and he might has been a little bit rusty today.
Glad to see that you have the same view on that as me. I also thought his forehand is better and I said this in the GM thread about this match when almost everybody was like "damn, how pathetic, how can he lose that on clay? Karlovic doesn't have any groundstrokes at all."

<Eve>
05-02-2006, 10:25 PM
It's a pity that Tommy lost, but :hatoff: to Ivo. He played a great match and I really have to say that he has improved his ground game a lot. I still remember his match against Agassi at last year's US Open and he had problems to hit a forehand over the net. He really hit a few outstanding forehand winners today. Oh well, I'm sure that Tommy will bounce back in Rome. It was his first match after his injury and he might has been a little bit rusty today.yeah well, i wish karlovic would've improved his ground game and serve after todays match :mad:
but now, i hope he will win the tournament.. then tommy was defeated by the winner of the tournament and i always think that's better than when ivo will be out of the tournament the next round... :rolleyes: :o

05-03-2006, 12:55 AM
I don't like like Ivo :fiery: I do not want to see him win the Title even if he did beat Tommy :mad:

Alexiana
05-03-2006, 01:48 PM
let's delete this thread, it makes me mad :mad:
Alex lost too :sad:

05-03-2006, 11:22 PM
No you can't delete the thread you lose your posts and vCash I believe :unsure: You can have the thread closed. So Tommy and Alex both :drive: off the road :sad:

<Eve>
05-04-2006, 06:26 AM
:crying2: this must be a cursed week or something :shout:

05-04-2006, 05:33 PM
And now if I'm not mistaken don't we have Federer and Nadal back for the upcoming Tournaments? Poor Tommy due to injury and illness he lost out on a lot of Titles I think he should have won :sad: Especially that one in Houston that really broke my heart :bigcry:

Alexiana
05-04-2006, 05:43 PM
There are videos of the press conference before and after the match available on http://www.bmwopen.iphitos.de/turnier/index.html (check "BMW Open TV")
He was really pissed after the match :lol:

05-04-2006, 05:54 PM
I bet he was! As for me :tape: :ignore: :help:

<Eve>
05-04-2006, 06:11 PM
thanks!! ill try to watch them!! but it already takes a long time! it keeps on saying 'buffering' :shrug:

Alexiana
05-04-2006, 06:26 PM
thanks!! ill try to watch them!! but it already takes a long time! it keeps on saying 'buffering' :shrug:

it worked fine for me :confused:

05-04-2006, 11:57 PM
It really didn't work for me either, but with this equipment I have I always think it is the equipment :sad:

<Eve>
05-05-2006, 07:20 AM
i still cant use it, i'll try again later!!! :yeah:

05-05-2006, 06:31 PM
i still cant use it, i'll try again later!!! :yeah:
It didn't work for me either, but like I said when something doesn't work I just think it is this pityful piece of equipment I have :rolleyes: So I will be interested to see, if you are able to get it to work.

<Eve>
05-06-2006, 10:26 AM
It didn't work for me either, but like I said when something doesn't work I just think it is this pityful piece of equipment I have :rolleyes: So I will be interested to see, if you are able to get it to work.i still can't :shrug: but i think i dont have the correct media player, maybe that's the problem...

Alexiana
05-06-2006, 10:28 AM
i still can't :shrug: but i think i dont have the correct media player, maybe that's the problem...

which version do you have? The link is for wmp 10

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/de/player/download/download.aspx

05-07-2006, 04:29 AM
:lol: Tommy may have :drive: off the road, but this thread is going strong :p

05-07-2006, 06:33 PM
:lol: I just thought of what I should have said-- Tommy may have :drive: off the road, but we have gotten a lot of mileage out of this thread. Sorry I just had to put that in :p It's called making the best out of a bad situation :)