Nadal interview [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal interview

the answer
04-17-2006, 07:46 AM
If there are people interested I found a interview of Nadal, if you scroll down you will also find a Interview where Nadal and Federer talk about their rivalry.

http://sport.france2.fr/stade2/index-fr.php

PS: it's a French interview

fyi
04-17-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the post.
I cannot understand French.
What did they say briefly ?

the answer
04-17-2006, 09:43 AM
basically Nadal said that he is not afraid to face Federer but he knows that it's never easy to win against Federer and he also considers the whole top 10 as his rivals and not only Federer. They asked him if he really was close to retire when he got injured in the end of 2005 ( Madrid Masters) Rafa said that those rumours where false.
According to his uncle the most important
In the second clip they interviewed Federer and asked him why he has so much problem when he plays Nadal and he answered by saying that It's really difficult to play against Nadal because he plays a game that put's him out of his comfort zone, he hopes that Nadal won't get injured so that they can face each other more often.

fyi
04-17-2006, 10:00 AM
:) Thanks again.
I really like attitudes of both. :worship:

sonia
04-17-2006, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the link!!! ;)

almouchie
04-17-2006, 10:18 AM
shows tha tnadal is a good prof & level headed lad
he is only 19 & yet is expected to rival Federer & oust him.
He is still taking things one step at a time & not getting ahead of himself
maybe some of the younger players can learna thing or two

DhammaTiger
04-17-2006, 11:25 AM
If there are people interested I found a interview of Nadal, if you scroll down you will also find a Interview where Nadal and Federer talk about their rivalry.

http://sport.france2.fr/stade2/index-fr.php

PS: it's a French interview
Thank you very much for posting the interview :yeah:

Viken01
04-17-2006, 11:59 AM
thx for this interview :)

RogiFan88
04-17-2006, 03:36 PM
shows tha tnadal is a good prof & level headed lad
he is only 19 & yet is expected to rival Federer & oust him.
He is still taking things one step at a time & not getting ahead of himself
maybe some of the younger players can learna thing or two

maybe some of the older players can learn a thing or two also :p

avocadoe
04-17-2006, 04:43 PM
thanks for the interview, translation and link :)

Luke
04-17-2006, 04:58 PM
yes, thanks a lot for translations.
I just can't forget that nadal didn;t come to Sopot last yeat to defend his first won ATP title there. I couldn't be there when he won it.. but wanted so much to see him next year.. and he skipped this tourny :(

ChloeLove
04-17-2006, 06:06 PM
Nice interviews from both, those were great clips. I always love the way Nadal comes across when he does interviews, he's not cocky or ahead of himself like a lot young tennis players seem to be.

cobalt60
04-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Thanks. Nice.

Saumon
04-17-2006, 06:50 PM
thanks for telling me... i had missed stade2 yesterday :o

mangoes
04-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Nice interviews from both, those were great clips. I always love the way Nadal comes across when he does interviews, he's not cocky or ahead of himself like a lot young tennis players seem to be.

So true........

Saumon
04-17-2006, 06:55 PM
:lol: I love how Roger says "he is... the number 2" (he was going to say "he is the best" :p ) and "i'm glad he is seeded number two, i wont meet him before the final :angel: "

victory1
04-17-2006, 07:04 PM
:lol: I love how Roger says "he is... the number 2" (he was going to say "he is the best" :p ) and "i'm glad he is seeded number two, i wont meet him before the final :angel: "
I don't think he is the best and I'm sure Federer don't think he's the best. There's a lot of top players that have bad records agaisnt another player but it's overall performance that counts. It's like saying Blake is better then Nadal because Blake match up better with him but if you look at overall performance Blake is not #2. Federer played 5 tournaments so far this year and made it to 5 finals because he is the BEST! ;)

Saumon
04-17-2006, 07:18 PM
I don't think he is the best and I'm sure Federer don't think he's the best. There's a lot of top players that have bad records agaisnt another player but it's overall performance that counts. It's like saying Blake is better then Nadal because Blake match up better with him but if you look at overall performance Blake is not #2. Federer played 5 tournaments so far this year and made it to 5 finals because he is the BEST! ;)
dont be so defensive ;) I've never said Nadal is the best... :shrug: Roger said "I dont want him to be injured, I want to win against the best and he is... the number two" :)

mangoes
04-17-2006, 07:23 PM
dont be so defensive ;) I've never said Nadal is the best... :shrug: Roger said "I dont want him to be injured, I want to win against the best and he is... the number two" :)

Aren't these interviews in reference to clay, RG and the clay season in general??

Saumon
04-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Aren't these interviews in reference to clay, RG and the clay season in general??
yep they are talking about their aims on clay:
-roger wants to win RG/the 4 Slams
-rafa wants to defend his titles
-the other guys (they asked coria and ljubo) will try to win matches :lol:

mangoes
04-17-2006, 07:31 PM
yep they are talking about their aims on clay:
-roger wants to win RG/the 4 Slams
-rafa wants to defend his titles
-the other guys (they asked coria and ljubo) will try to win matches :lol:

That's what I thought, so when Roger was about to say Rafa is the best, it was in reference to clay, not tennis in general....... I suppose Roger quickly realized how his words could be misconstrued and chose a more general statement.

Saumon
04-17-2006, 07:42 PM
That's what I thought, so when Roger was about to say Rafa is the best, it was in reference to clay, not tennis in general....... I suppose Roger quickly realized how his words could be misconstrued and chose a more general statement.
exactly :)