Can Agassi Make it to 867? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Can Agassi Make it to 867?

rogeragassi
04-17-2006, 03:29 AM
As many of you die-hard Agassi fans know, Andre currently has 864 wins, good for 6th all-time. John McEnroe is #5 with 867. Can Andre get 3 more wins for the tie? I think this is the last challenge for Andre, and should keep him going for a little while longer.

NATAS81
04-17-2006, 04:15 AM
I think the bigger question is can he make it to 900? The guy made it to the USO finals last year, and left RG with back problems last year. Of course he can rebound and get at least 20 more wins this year during the summer HC season leading into USO and the Open itself. I really believe he can work the ball around and not have to run as often as opponents to hang onto wins.

MisterQ
04-17-2006, 04:24 AM
I expected him to make 867 last year, or at least early in 2006. I hope he will be healthy enough to string together some wins this year.

shotgun
04-17-2006, 04:27 AM
I think the bigger question is can he make it to 900? The guy made it to the USO finals last year, and left RG with back problems last year. Of course he can rebound and get at least 20 more wins this year during the summer HC season leading into USO and the Open itself. I really believe he can work the ball around and not have to run as often as opponents to hang onto wins.

Unlikely. I don't see him playing 4 tournaments and reaching the latest rounds in all of them during the U.S. summer HC season.

NATAS81
04-17-2006, 04:41 AM
I'm sure there were many who thought that exact same thing last year after he pulled out of RG in the first round, so what did he do in his next tournament? He won L.A. Enough said.

Deboogle!.
04-17-2006, 04:45 AM
Um, I think he'll win 3 or 4 more matches in his career, unless his injury starts getting to the point of not being able to control and he has no choice but to stop.

Rafa = Fed Killa
04-17-2006, 04:46 AM
3 is doable and will probably happen.
900 wins seems too tough. His body just can't handle it anymore.

I he does retire, I will miss Agassi.

shotgun
04-17-2006, 04:49 AM
I'm sure there were many who thought that exact same thing last year after he pulled out of RG in the first round, so what did he do in his next tournament? He won L.A. Enough said.

Okay, so how many matches he won at the US summer hardcourt season last year?

- 5 at L.A.
- 5 at Montreal.
- 6 at the U.S. Open.

That makes it 16, so he'd have to improve his performance from last year (playing at least one more tournament with a good performance) to get at least 20. Again, unlikely.

NATAS81
04-17-2006, 04:54 AM
Posting wins, a very conveinient stance to take, but it doesn't remove the fact that Andre's game puts the pressure on his opponent to make the shot thus leaving him with less work to do on the court. It doesn't remove his burning desire to compete on the highest level in tennis.

900 seems a bit of a stretch, but I think it's foolish to remove every doubt of him achieving it when people thought he would be done at age 30.

Do you have the time to look up his results over the last five years to prove that for me, or is it painfully obvious enough what happened since then?

shotgun
04-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Posting wins, a very conveinient stance to take, but it doesn't remove the fact that Andre's game puts the pressure on his opponent to make the shot thus leaving him with less work to do on the court. It doesn't remove his burning desire to compete on the highest level in tennis.

900 seems a bit of a stretch, but I think it's foolish to remove every doubt of him achieving it when people thought he would be done at age 30.

Do you have the time to look up his results over the last five years to prove that for me, or is it painfully obvious enough what happened since then?

What, you want to compare Agassi of 2001-2005 to Agassi of 2006? You're just trying to prove your point when it's completely ridiculous. Stop talking out of your ass.

almouchie
04-17-2006, 01:21 PM
lets see hmi fit again
& entering a tournie first
he has been plagued with injury
not sure why he wants to go on with all that pain

Fisico
04-17-2006, 01:58 PM
isnt andre coming back in time for the grass season too?
if he is then he can pick up a few wins at Queens (if hes there) and at Wimbledon too and break McEnroe's record before the US hardcourt season begins

mangoes
04-17-2006, 03:08 PM
I don't think his body can take him to 900, however wonderful that would have been. But, I think he'll win a few more matches this year before retirement.

CooCooCachoo
04-17-2006, 03:46 PM
I thought you meant ranking position #867 :tape:

I mean I remember the Haehnel & Zimonjic [:hearts:] losses, but I don't think, when he places, he will go that low ;)

And yes. He can get that win.

NATAS81
04-17-2006, 04:34 PM
What, you want to compare Agassi of 2001-2005 to Agassi of 2006? You're just trying to prove your point when it's completely ridiculous. Stop talking out of your ass.
I'm sure every player goes through their career squeaky clean without any injuries. Maybe you're playing too much Squirrel Soccer and forgetting that REAL injuries do occur from start to finish in a player's career, especially in soccer.

Andre had his back problems here and there and has still managed great wins, that's why he's the legend - the CANON REBEL.

You're blinded by American hatred to not see that.

shotgun
04-17-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm sure every player goes through their career squeaky clean without any injuries. Maybe you're playing too much Squirrel Soccer and forgetting that REAL injuries do occur from start to finish in a player's career, especially in soccer.

Andre had his back problems here and there and has still managed great wins, that's why he's the legend - the CANON REBEL.

You're blinded by American hatred to not see that.

Then tell me what great wins he managed to get in the last six months. Ramon Delgado? Ricardo Mello? Maybe you're the one who's blinded by extreme patriotism. Even Debra and mangoes who are confessed patriots themselves can see the truth. :)

AgassiDomination
04-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Of course he'll reach 867, its just 3 wins...

rogeragassi
04-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Well, he only has four wins all year, and he's skipping the clay court season. Every win is a cause for celebration right now.

Though I will say that the first set against Hass was cause for encouragement.

Hank777
04-17-2006, 06:21 PM
Well of course he will, but I don't think "that's" on his mind, one last slam or title would be far more likely.

BTW, he'll make it eeeaaaasily :cool:

NATAS81
04-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Then tell me what great wins he managed to get in the last six months. Ramon Delgado? Ricardo Mello? Maybe you're the one who's blinded by extreme patriotism. Even Debra and mangoes who are confessed patriots themselves can see the truth. :)
Six months does not a career make. Mello is good.

Agassi has earned those draws, thank you. How? From playing through pain last year. He's in the same boat this year.

Bizzaw!

shotgun
04-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Six months does not a career make. Mello is good.

Agassi has earned those draws, thank you. How? From playing through pain last year. He's in the same boat this year.

Bizzaw!

His current conditions are worse than last year. Semis at Rome and Miami, quarters at Melbourne and Indian Wells, a fairly good first semester, do you think that compares to what he's been displaying this year? If you think so, then good luck expecting him to get the 20+ wins at the hardcourt season.

NYCtennisfan
04-17-2006, 09:01 PM
He'll pass JMac. There have been so many times that I have thought, "This is it for him," and he continues to keep on going. It's hard to imagine the cocky teenager who went deep into the USO in the late 80's is still a top 10 player today when healthy. Simply amazing.