Alvarillo as a lineman in Valencia !!! (Report and Pics) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Alvarillo as a lineman in Valencia !!! (Report and Pics)

Alvarillo
04-16-2006, 11:17 PM
Ok, let's go
I went to Valencia again this year to stay as a lineman, from Saturday of Qualys until Thursday coz i had to comeback to Madrid before Friday and on Thursday a lot of linemen leave the tournament cos the Schedule since Friday is smaller and they don't need such a big number of linemen.
The experience was incredible again, i arrived on Friday and i went with another lineman to pick our clothes and the tarjet that let us to enter to the Valencia Tennis Club.
This year the clothes were much better, TTK clothes, 2 t-shirts, 1 shorts, 1 cap, a pair of sport shoes, socks and a swatshirt, so now i will use the clothes to play tennis :)
Linemen have to stay in the club one hour before matches start, our boss give us a paper that tells you which is your team and the line you're going to work in, the first 2 days i was in the left baseline, it's a difficult one beacuse i'm used to stay in the laterals, but it was nice.
1st day was really tough, you work 1:30 and rest 35 minutes, and after lunch, with the sun being 1:30 on court is a nightmare :lol:

on saturday of qualies we started at 11:00 and finished at 20:00, a marathon day, 16 matches in 4 courts, i worked in Almagro vs Peric match, it was fine, noone could imagine Nico reaching the final 8 days later, i had to go to the bathroom with Tomislav after the second set, it was the first time i had to do and it was great, people looked at you as ohhh you're important! :lol:

the tougest match for me was in the second round of Qualys, Gimeno-Traver vs Sanchez De Luna, i was in a lateral line and when Gimeno served with an open serve, Sanchez with his position didn't let me to see the bounce so 2 times it was like oh i think is IN but i really didn't see it :lol:
Sanchez asked the referee to check one mark but touched (fortunately) the line so the referee told me from the chair, come on, keep it on

(post and continue)

Fisico
04-16-2006, 11:23 PM
the tougest match for me was in the second round of Qualys, Gimeno-Traver vs Sanchez De Luna, i was in a lateral line and when Gimeno served with an open serve, Sanchez with his position didn't let me to see the bounce so 2 times it was like oh i think is IN but i really didn't see it :lol:
Sanchez asked the referee to check one mark but touched (fortunately) the line so the referee told me from the chair, come on, keep it on

:haha:

keep it coming :yeah:

Alvarillo
04-16-2006, 11:24 PM
But the worst experience was in Calatrava vs Schukin match, i was sick beacuse of the food of that day :scared: but i had to enter to the court, 45 minutes later i wanted to die, i was very sick and i told to the referee, quickily they asked for another one with a walkie and in the next change of side one partner entered in my position, i run to the toilet .... and the end of the story much better if i don't write it :lol:

and then the week was great i was in matches of, Almagro, Davydenko, Simon, Volandri, Gaudio, Sluiter, Starace, Feli, Verdasco, Pavel, Sanguinetti, Gavashvili, Zib, Mayer, Ascione, Dlouhy, Meffert, Navarro-Pastor, Gimeno, Luckzak, Mertinak or Calatrava

Fisico
04-16-2006, 11:29 PM
haha, you dont have to go into details with this story :p

did you get a chance to be in the Ferrero vs Almagro match? i just wanted to know how JC played

Alvarillo
04-16-2006, 11:32 PM
about the referees, Mohamed Layhani is simply the best
in the center court, after and between matches this year they put a song, it was Love Generation and if you see Layahni on court 1, with the music since the center court, dancing with his feet the song, simply hilarious :lol: it was like, Mohamed can i dance too??? he is always supporting you and if someone makes an error he makes feel you like, don't worry i'm here to correct you, it doesn't matter! keep it on!
sometimes you know is like imposible to say if it's in or out, sometimes with the same mark a chair umpire says in and another one out so .......
also spanish chair umpire Poncho Ayala was very friendly, very nice out of court, but for example it's not the same with Lars Graf, he's very serious, it's different.
Poncho Ayala wrote a note and post it in our room on Thursday before leaving the tournament:
"You're all a disaster on court but also great people, take care, see you"

also this year we went to the official party, it wasn't as funny as last year but i took a pic with Albert Costa, he was very nice, also attended Ferrero, Corretja, David Marrero or Feliciano López with his girlfriend, a former Miss Spain, this year i didn't see a plyer drunk, a shame cos JC last year was hilarious! :lol:

Alvarillo
04-16-2006, 11:33 PM
haha, you dont have to go into details with this story :p

did you get a chance to be in the Ferrero vs Almagro match? i just wanted to know how JC played

nop, a shame i saw it in the stands!
Ferrero didn't play bad but he is not the guy who won RG :sad:

Fisico
04-16-2006, 11:40 PM
nop, a shame i saw it in the stands!
Ferrero didn't play bad but he is not the guy who won RG :sad:

i was afraid you would say that, but i think he has not been the same player for a long time now :sad:

Alvarillo
04-16-2006, 11:41 PM
and now some pics!!!

Fisico
04-16-2006, 11:43 PM
Poncho Ayala wrote a note and post it in our room on Thursday before leaving the tournament:
"You're all a disaster on court but also great people, take care, see you"

:haha: :haha:

also this year we went to the official party, it wasn't as funny as last year but i took a pic with Albert Costa, he was very nice, also attended Ferrero, Corretja, David Marrero or Feliciano López with his girlfriend, a former Miss Spain, this year i didn't see a plyer drunk, a shame cos JC last year was hilarious! :lol:

JC last year??? spill the beans :p

Alvarillo
04-16-2006, 11:48 PM
and some more

i have to say that this year a lot of foreing lineman came to the tournament, as i speak (or at least i try it) english i was friend of them, it was very nice to share the experience with this people, Donalie from the UK, Marissa, Frank, Timo, Sina ... and more (germany), Gianluca (italy) and of course a lot from differnt parts of spain!!

Alvarillo
04-16-2006, 11:52 PM
i hope some friends send me mor pics and i will post ;)
i hope all of you enjoy the thread!

Fisico, last tear in the players party, Ferrero after losing against Nadal drunk too much and was completely drunk, afther the pub closed he was in the street shouting "who drives my car" "in which car i go", but completely drunk with the tipical voice of a drunk, his girlfriend Patricia was very angry with him, like, what the hell are you doing, fucking idiot??? :lol: :lol: hilarious

Fisico
04-16-2006, 11:59 PM
:haha: :haha:

i wouldnt have expected that from JC!! he's usually so quiet and quite reserved, its good to see he can let loose and have a bit of fun sometimes, nice one JC :D

thanks for the report and pics, sounds like you had a good time :yeah:

Lee
04-17-2006, 12:03 AM
:cool:

And thanks for the pix and report.

Sjengster
04-17-2006, 12:04 AM
i hope some friends send me mor pics and i will post ;)
i hope all of you enjoy the thread!

Fisico, last tear in the players party, Ferrero after losing against Nadal drunk too much and was completely drunk, afther the pub closed he was in the street shouting "who drives my car" "in which car i go", but completely drunk with the tipical voice of a drunk, his girlfriend Patricia was very angry with him, like, what the hell are you doing, fucking idiot??? :lol: :lol: hilarious

I'll bet he really felt the pression when he woke up the next morning. ;)

cobalt60
04-17-2006, 12:12 AM
Thank you Alvarillo! Wonderful report and pics. When and where will you be a linesman again?

martenisfan
04-17-2006, 12:14 AM
OMG!!! Alvaro the pic of you and me..... I dont like it!! LoL

Great report and great job in Valencia!! I hope see you in other tournament, but I dont think that i can go to Madrid this year :sad:

I will send it more pics if i see someone special!!

Hoy es mi cumple acuerdate de felicitarme jajaja. Cuidate mucho!!

Kisses,
MARTA

Alvarillo
04-17-2006, 12:20 AM

Great report and great job in Valencia!! I hope see you in other tournament, but I dont think that i can go to Madrid this year :sad:

Kisses,
MARTA

:lol: marta petarda!
FELICITATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no sabía q posteabas aki jaja q fort!
joe q pena q no vengas al masters, caxissss!!!!!
pasatelo bien en el Godó! jaj

Allez
04-17-2006, 08:25 AM
Great report! Wish we could hear more from linesmen/ ballboys/ officials (:shrug: ) etc. Gives an interesting perspective on the tournaments.

NINA_BCN
04-17-2006, 08:51 AM

Kisses,
MARTA
¡¡¡Qué joios que sois todos!!! :lol: ¡ La envidia que me dais es immensa. :ras: Yo vou ester año al Godó y gracias. Por cierto ¿alguién más se apunta? ;)

P.d. : ¡¡¡FELICIDADES!!!! :aparty:

MariaV
04-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Thanks a lot for the report and pics Alvaro! Hope you know it's really appreciated. :worship: :worship: :worship:

Y feliz cumple Marta! :wavey: :aparty:

MajorcanBoy89
04-17-2006, 09:41 AM
Ei Alvarillo que tal, soy Safri en portaltenis! jajajaja ya me comentaste el año anterior que estuviste, que lujo hijo. Si conozco la ropa TTK porque es la que llevo para jugar mis partidos (mi entrenador es representante de la firma en Balears y me sale mas economico xD). Muy comoda y de calidad, la verdad es que esta en expansión, ya que van a más los chavales en torneos que les ves con alguna prenda de la marca.

saludos y a ver si te veo pronto por portaltenis que ya esta en marcha la FL Montecarlo ;)

kalle
04-17-2006, 09:52 AM
thanks! it was very nice!!

NINA_BCN
04-17-2006, 09:53 AM
Ei Alvarillo que tal, soy Safri en portaltenis! jajajaja ya me comentaste el año anterior que estuviste, que lujo hijo. Si conozco la ropa TTK porque es la que llevo para jugar mis partidos (mi entrenador es representante de la firma en Balears y me sale mas economico xD). Muy comoda y de calidad, la verdad es que esta en expansión, ya que van a más los chavales en torneos que les ves con alguna prenda de la marca.

saludos y a ver si te veo pronto por portaltenis que ya esta en marcha la FL Montecarlo ;)
:yeah: Bien hecho, que está todo muy caro. :lol:

:secret: ¿Alguien necesita un fisio? Ya que estamos puestos, yo también me anuncio.:p

Grenouille
04-17-2006, 09:58 AM
Nice report! If you have some pices of Simon, could yyou post them please?

LefandePatty
04-17-2006, 10:50 AM
I hope you had lots of fun :yeah:

sonia
04-17-2006, 11:19 AM
Alvarillo, gracias por el reportage y por las fotos!!!

:secret: ¿Alguien necesita un fisio? Ya que estamos puestos, yo también me anuncio.:p

:lol: Así me gusta aprovechando el momento!!! ;)

CooCooCachoo
04-17-2006, 11:24 AM
But the worst experience was in Calatrava vs Schukin match, i was sick beacuse of the food of that day :scared: but i had to enter to the court, 45 minutes later i wanted to die, i was very sick and i told to the referee, quickily they asked for another one with a walkie and in the next change of side one partner entered in my position, i run to the toilet .... and the end of the story much better if i don't write it :lol:

and then the week was great i was in matches of, Almagro, Davydenko, Simon, Volandri, Gaudio, Sluiter, Starace, Feli, Verdasco, Pavel, Sanguinetti, Gavashvili, Zib, Mayer, Ascione, Dlouhy, Meffert, Navarro-Pastor, Gimeno, Luckzak, Mertinak or Calatrava

:rolls: :hug: Poor you!

Great story with Lahyani ;) He rockz!

NINA_BCN
04-17-2006, 11:25 AM
:lol: Así me gusta aprovechando el momento!!! ;)
¡¡Faltaría más!! :lol:

CooCooCachoo
04-17-2006, 11:28 AM

Was Tomas nice? :)

almouchie
04-17-2006, 11:49 AM
great pictures
thanks Almagro
anyone with JCF?

DhammaTiger
04-17-2006, 12:12 PM
Alvarillo Thanks for the great report and pics :yeah: :hatoff:

Peta Pan
04-17-2006, 12:46 PM
Awesome report and photos :yeah: Thanks for sharing them with us :D

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-17-2006, 12:52 PM
Nice one, champ.:hatoff:

alfonsojose
04-17-2006, 02:04 PM
Alvarillo :hug: :lol: nice report

Alvarillo
04-17-2006, 08:00 PM
2 more pics!

amierin
04-17-2006, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the great report Alvarillo.

federated
04-17-2006, 08:11 PM
more info on feli! do tell what he was like on court and at the party.

Frooty_Bazooty
04-17-2006, 08:57 PM
I like your Nadal pants Alvarillo :lol:

Alvarillo
04-17-2006, 11:04 PM
some pics of Safin, Feli, Almagro, Gaudio ....

almouchie
04-17-2006, 11:21 PM
i thought JCF was married
or is he?
gr8 report Alvarillo