going to adelaide... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

going to adelaide...

Via
01-03-2004, 11:03 PM
if i get a chance to get on to the internet, i'll do some reporting... otherwise see you all in a few days. wish me luck :)

Marine
01-03-2004, 11:08 PM
Good luckkk !!! and thanks in advance ! :worship:

michelleg
01-04-2004, 01:36 AM
Have a safe and exciting trip, Via! Enjoy the tennis....

esther
01-04-2004, 02:50 AM
OH Have fun in Adelaide Via!!!!
Look forward to photos and reports!! How exciting have heaps of fun!!

irishface
01-05-2004, 06:56 PM
Hope you have a great time, Via!

Via
01-06-2004, 07:25 AM
thanks guys !!!!.... the rain has been horrid but at least my day today wasn't all washed out.

like liz did with her dc report, i think i'll only have time for some highlights:

saw richard practised with rusedski before the morning session started. my ballgirl friend told me that he would stay till wed (and leave on my flight? lol)
saw arnaud practise and leaving the outside practice courts - asked him to sign *all* the photos i brought with me. too nervous to ask for a pic. he did ask me about the one i took of him in sydney - 'two years ago?' 'yes, you had short hair then!'
returned to centre court to watch lapentti, and then arnaud's singles match, which he won easily as you know. had to tell off giovanni lapentti for putting his feet on my chair. he refused to admit he's the brother at first.
went to outside court to take pics of llodra v burgmuller.
met my old friend mrs l. again and heard all her stories about mrs gasquet, lleyton hewitt, zabaleta, massu's mother, etc etc.
finally got to take a pic *with* arnaud - had to disrupt his card game first. then sat on a high stool opposite him and his mates for the next hour or so, while everyone's waiting out the rain delay. mrs l. wondered why he bit his hand all the time - 'he's very serious about card games - life and death matter' - i said. also remembered to ask mika for an autograph - he insisted i should know that he's 'playing in the singles'.
almost forgot.... before the rain break, ran into richard and his parents while they're watching the practice courts. got richard's autograph too. poor boy he's very bored... and wandered around the grounds by himself. the older boys apparently didn't want him at their card games! ...
ps. why does every time i say 'salut' to arnaud, he answers 'bonjour'? doesn't he understand french? lol.........

lizabeth..*
01-06-2004, 08:41 AM
*screams*

You met Richard? *sigh* When will it be my turn?! Thats too bad the big Frenchies didn't include Richie, how mean of them......Is Mama Gasquet being nice?! LOL

esther
01-06-2004, 11:10 AM
1) Lol @ had to tell off giovanni lapentti for putting his feet on my chair 2) Arnaud is serious about card games hey?!! Dont u remember how he was all 'yeah card games are like a drug for seb...i dont even LIKE playing blah blah blah' ...which brings me onto 3) what happened to getting passing potes signed? 4) youre allowed in the players lounge?!!
5) cant believe u met arnaud so many times!!!

thanks for updating us Via, hope to hear from u again soon!!

michelleg
01-06-2004, 01:36 PM
:p <----happy for Via, such great stories, but note my GREEN colour.

Can't wait to see the pics AND super-glad you are having such fun, Via!!!

Via
01-07-2004, 09:03 PM
liz - i didnt get to talk to mrs gasquet at all, in fact i'd had very little 'contact' with richard this time... you have to understand that *arnaud* was there and he distracted everything i did !!! but my friend mrs l. did get to talk to her a lot apparently... they were renting an apartment in adelaide and ma gasquet had to cook for everyone, lol!!! she could understand english as long as mrs l. talked to her very slowly... guess it's much the same with richard.

esther - yeah there're lots of funny little stories!!! and yes, adelaide is super compared to all other tourneys i have been to, because the public can pass through (not expected to stay, but...) the members club, where the players also lounge around in their spare time, while waiting for matches, and of course where the frenchies find their favourite corner and play cards and relax. arnaud had been hassled by Via to no end the last two days.......

michelle - i am sure you'd had much more exciting times around the frenchies so just let me share them a little, ok?? lol....... the pics i have looked at a few after i came back last night. most are pretty horrid. i have no idea how to use the focus when the object is moving fast. dang......

Via
01-07-2004, 09:11 PM
alright, next set of highlights..... 7 jan:

saw a bit of ginepri v saulnier. what ugly legs robby has! (they turn inwards)
went out to the side courts to capture some of canas v sluiter
nono was practising and i realised that i could take some pics 'underneath' his court. he saw me and made me pick up a stray ball for him. i remember i promised marine to look after him so i duly ran after the ball. of course, arnaud and remi were nice enough to thank me afterwards.
my ballgirl friend then told me that *all* the ballgirls were saying that 'clement is gay'. his boyfriend was a very tall player called 'lloyd'. they had their legs crossed over each other, they lied on each other, and arnaud kissed him on his cheeks. nothing that i haven't seen arnaud do with his usual best mate. i denied the rumour.
i found arnaud in the club room before his match. i went over and asked him for 'one last request'. he looked at me like i was speaking chinese. so i simply took out 'passing potes' to show him. his face immediately brightened up, he grabbed the book and showed it to his mates. one of his mates' girlfriend giggled non-stop over arnaud's childhood photos. i waited patiently while arnaud amused his friends.
arnaud then turned around and said to me 'sign?' so i asked him to pick his favourite photo. 'i prefer?....uhh...... the cover' i didn't really wanted him to sign on the cover because the ink might run, so i nagged him to look again, but after he flipped through the book quickly he repeated like a broken record 'the cover'. *sigh...* so i let him sign on the book cover.
then as a last parting gesture i said 'good luck, i hope you will win' to which he looked at me steadily and replied slowly 'thank you'. either he is a very good actor, or he must be one of the most genuinely sincere person i've met. of course i choose to believe the latter. and what beautiful eyes. *melt*
just before i left his group, arnaud's mate saulnier (who just happily won a match) asked me where i got the book. apparently it's a question that intrigued him but not to worry arnaud. i told him it wasn't available in aus, i bought it on the internet. then for a reason unknown to myself, i went on to advise him how to get french books in sydney.
went out to the centre court to sit through ferreira v reid - luckily it didn't take long. then arnaud and johannson came out to play. urrgghhh... what a jinx i was. remi and his other mates (including 'lloyd') gave arnaud a lot of verbal encouragements from the stand (a few seats away from me). the match was a lot closer than the scores suggested, the games were all very long and both arnaud and thomas were frustrated with themselves at times. you wouldn't know who would win until... well, johansson won the second set.
that's the end of my day really... said goodbye to everyone before i left... wouldn't dare to farewell arnaud though, not sure what mood he was in after that match!

lizabeth..*
01-07-2004, 11:17 PM
Sounds like you had a wonderfull time Via.....did you actually get photos of Richard tho?! LOL

I COULD be at quallies in Sydney on Saturday I am not too sure at the moment....quallies are on Saturday right?! I hope you have fun there too!

Via
01-07-2004, 11:31 PM
hi liz!!! yes if you read carefully i actually saw him practise with rusedski first thing on tuesday... i took some pics. but, knowing your disappointment, i have brought home a newspaper report of his qualie match on sunday, with a photo much better than anything i can do, with the purpose of scanning it for you ;)

both sat and sun are qualie days...... who will be there, do you know? i want to start thinking of excuses to watch the more interesting players.

Via
01-07-2004, 11:54 PM
one of the ballgirls really likes richard, because she can talk to him in french, and he remembers her name. she emphasised to me though, that he has changed this year. how? he's become 'angrier'. ?? angry young man ?? i guessed a few things, including 'swearing at ballgirls', but she didn't elaborate. i wonder.....

lizabeth..*
01-08-2004, 12:39 AM
Loooool - I read it.....I just forgot, Im sorry *hangs head in shame* Ohhh can't wait for the scan! :D thanks so much

Richard is playing quallies, but I don't know who else is, thats what I wanted to catch atleast one day!!

He is an angry young boy now hey?! Now that is interesting!! Was this throughout the whole tourney or just the match he lost because I could understand if it was in the match he lost but other wise I danno.....he better not be angry when I get my hands on him *shakes fist*

esther
01-08-2004, 01:57 AM
Richie swearing at ballkids?? Sounds like someone familiar...!! ;) :P

omg via i am SOO incredibly jealous!!!!!!!! thanks again for the report!! omg ok i'm SOOO getting arnaud to sign my book...i HAVE to!!! Hmm I guess i'll have to lug it to Kooyong and see if i'm lucky enough to get seb to sign it. ohh thats so funny about the ballgirls thinking he is gay with *lloyd*...only natural i guess lol how amuing. Cant beleive how much you saw arnaud in two days but shame he had to lose on us. Better luck in sydney!

still cant beleive how close you got to them all via!! Hope u have as much fun in sydney!

michelleg
01-08-2004, 03:43 AM
still infinitely jealous, Via ;) But what an amazing time you are having. Just make sure you put this all in a journal...too fabulous!

Via
01-08-2004, 07:33 AM
c'mon don't be jealous. you all have your turn..... the frenchies are for all to share, hehe..... here are some pics for now, don't have time for more, and besides, many are hopelessly out of focus. esther you'd better let me know how you can do it better with that camera.....

http://viatennis.smakdesign.com.au/vtp/temp1.htm

esther
01-08-2004, 07:36 AM
via when does adidas actualy start?!
sunday or monday? coz tv guides say they start coverage on the sunday so i'm so confused

esther
01-08-2004, 07:37 AM
great pics via!!!!!!
fantastic camera it is...are u actually getting ur photos printed off? how much do they cost in Sydney? They are usually $1 here or more, but i found a shop the other day that does them for 50c if u have more than 100 so i was happy :D

lizabeth..*
01-08-2004, 07:48 AM
Wow...wonderful photos Via!!! Even if I am not so fond of Arnaud they are still great!! lol

Thanks again for the scan of Richard from the news paper....probably not THEE best shot of him but ohh well...nice to see something new! :lol:

Via
01-08-2004, 08:08 AM
esther....... :awww: these are like some of the better ones, and they aren't too brilliant. i am not too happy :(

i think kmart can do digital prints for that price, even just for 1 pic. but they are... at least with my local one.... incredibly frustrating as they make mistakes all the time. which means sometimes i can get them redone free....

saturday is day1 qualifying and not for the public, no tickets etc. but the door is open and people can still get in.

liz.... i think richard looks more mature than last year... and he now has a great tan!

lizabeth..*
01-08-2004, 08:39 AM
So you can actually go?! Cos I don't want to haul my ass half way across NSW to find out that I can't see any tennis! LOL

Glad to see he looks more mature....does he looks to be playing any better...?

esther
01-08-2004, 11:59 AM
Via- well i used that camera before and the photos turned out pretty good but they were printed in england so maybe they print them better there coz i know shops can be pretty dodgy here but yeah
its a different story when u are far away as u can be at the tennis so i'll see how i go. Well the photos u have uploaded were good tho!

Marine
01-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Via, thank you so much for ur pics, and congrats, they are nice !!! :clap2:

michelleg
01-08-2004, 04:31 PM
Via, you know I am not jealous in that way, just envy you for having the tennis and FUN!!!!!!! :p Closest thing to tennis on my telly is the four hundredth replay of the Gullickson charity event featuring Mal Washington, Todd Martin, Mardy Fish and some other loser, all highlighted by Justin Gimelglob officiating! Makes me want to blow up the tv!!!! Hence my wistful "jealousies!"

Your pics are wonderful, as always! What camera are you using??? I bought a digital Rebel and returned it because the AF was slow and blurred most of the shots when I tried using the 300mm zoom.

Marine
01-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Closest thing to tennis on my telly is the four hundredth replay of the Gullickson charity event featuring Mal Washington, Todd Martin, Mardy Fish and some other loser, all highlighted by Justin Gimelglob officiating!

Ohh !! Do you know if Pete Sampras expects to play too ?? He is very concerned and active in the fundation of his frmer coach... ( maybe you don't know it, but I am an huge fan of Pete, it's my absolute idol for a long time!!!! :hearts:)

Via
01-08-2004, 09:24 PM
aaahh michelle...... mine is an olympus c750 with a 10x zoom (thats how we measure optical zoom here for digital cameras) and among the 'cheaper', below $1000 (AUD) category, it should be the best long zoom camera around, and it was promoted for 'sports'. however..... well someone bought it for me in hong kong so returning it is not an option, first of all. i reckon the af is rather slow too, by the time i half press the button and the camera finds the focus, the guy has usually moved elsewhere. trouble is, i can't tell very well from the display monitor if the focus has been ok otherwise i can simply delete what hasn't worked, and try again. you can see that with the one when arnaud was behind the fence, the camera got the focus on the fence and i didn't realise. with my manual camera i can see the focus exactly from the ttl window and this wouldn't happen.

:( :rolleyes: *wonder what i should do in a few days*

so do you know a better digital that doesn't cost a fortune??

lol.... see what's boring for michelle is infinitely interesting for marine ;)

liz..... i don't guarantee but that's what happened last year, on the first saturday. there's no one guarding the gates, people could go in for free, watch the qualies, and have lots of chances running into players whether playing or in the main draw. it's great for the enthusiasts!!!! :D

michelleg
01-09-2004, 12:35 AM
Panasonic has one with a Leica AF lens, supposed to be ab fab...as is the MPEG function, which allows unlimited (ok limited only by your memory) MPEG time... But the darn thing is still US (read useless money) 980, but still cheaper than the digital rebel. Not sure what I will do yet.... Note: the Rebel is a digital SLR, so it uses all Canon SLR lenses, hence the mm designation. What they dont tell you is that it really doesnt work with the auto focus and since I dont know enough about photog to get the shots off quickly enough in manual mode...well, you get it.

For Marine's interesting news: As in Pistol Pete? He wasn't at the Swingtime function (which was in BOCA RATON by the way, you know, near SEB's home :)

Whats really sad is that I went to look at piccies of Pat today and realized that he is looking more and more like his brother Peter (Pillsbury Dough Boy) every day. YIKES. Just like my husband-have a kid, gain some weight...except we have three kids and my husband has a belly to show for it!!!! So now Pat bores me too!

Loooooove the Nono in a cage pic. (That is my caption for it) He reminds me so much of a cat anyway, but that story is for another day.

esther
01-09-2004, 12:58 AM
Loooooove the Nono in a cage pic. (That is my caption for it) He reminds me so much of a cat anyway, but that story is for another day.

LOL!!!

via where are u now? arnaud is still in doubles are u still in adelaide?!

esther
01-09-2004, 12:59 AM
i'll test out that stupid camera on wednesday when i go see Seb. It will be interesting but i know what u mean via about how it takes ages to focus and actually take the damn photo *sigh* see how it goes...hopefully it wont be too bad

Via
01-09-2004, 02:57 AM
thanks michelle for the explanation... aaah i know about those digital cameras with full slr functions, my more well-off relatives already have some of those big heavy things lol...... so there is still some corner-cutting, i suppose.

cat in a cage? ;D

yup i can see arnaud's still in the doubles, but he won't have the services of the 'maid in adelaide', ha! i've come home on wed night.

michelleg
01-09-2004, 03:24 AM
Well the Canon digital rebel bites, darn thing has me so sharked on buying another digi camera.

Welcome home just the same. Thanks for all the updates and the pretty piccies. Shame that DiP wasnt there this year... ;) I could only imagine the pic of you in the middle of l'academie :p

Well I am back over to ebay shopping tonight. I'm hooked :devil:

Via
01-09-2004, 03:36 AM
you're welcome, michelle! i'll put up a few more pics when i can.

while you're there at ebay, maybe you can check out how much i can sell that ?!@# olympus to americans. lolll....

esther
01-09-2004, 04:11 AM
via- ohh can u go to the tournament now? lol liz just told me that her friend was in a cafe and Richard was there!!

Via
01-09-2004, 04:48 AM
........ :eek: what do u want me to do ??? detective on call ??......

of course richard is in sydney, but i'm not gonna follow him around. i'll run into him tomorrow. *bit tired of tennis stars...* (will be getting up 5am tomorrow to get to the tennis centre in time for duty :yawn: )

so where's liz ???

esther
01-09-2004, 04:56 AM
hahah how far away do you live from the tournament?
Liz is at her friends place in sydney...(not the friend who saw richard) i think it's like 1 hour from where the tennis is

Via
01-09-2004, 05:02 AM
half an hour in weekend morning traffic... but i'll need to get there by 7.30, so what with the morning shower etc etc it will take me that long ;D

will be fun if i see liz tomorrow... not unlikely if i get to do some frenchies matches esp richard's.

esther
01-09-2004, 05:04 AM
when do you get told which matches u have to do? How many days are you there for? I dont know if liz is definately going tomorrow will have to ask her

if arnaud gets to the doubles final in adelaide he's not going to have a day off. hmm

are u watching hopman via?? There is a ballboy who looks like a mini Arnaud!

esther
01-09-2004, 05:13 AM
ok just spoke to liz and she has a few messages for you via!
1) do you know tomorrow's schedule?
2) she's definately going so she says if you see her go say hi!

Via
01-09-2004, 05:14 AM
lol....... i've totally forgotten there's tennis on tv. ;p

i'll get my allocations on the day at start. i'll get the order of play at the same time so i can then ask to swap to another court. well, not after being teased by the supervisor again, i guess. this year they're making us do at least 5 shifts :(

arnaud can start playing on tuesday can't he? hmmm doubles isn't that tiring. even fat rafter can do it....

Via
01-09-2004, 05:18 AM
schedule?? liz has better not ask for too much, ha... !!! it'll be free...... and honestly i have no idea. i'll try to remember what she looks like :)

esther
01-09-2004, 05:54 AM
loool its 5pm and shes already drunk *sigh* I hope she's sober tomorrow!! if she's not u'll be sure to notice her... LOL

neway she said shes not getting her hopes up about tomorrow but see how it goes. Hope you get some good matches via!

esther
01-09-2004, 05:55 AM
about arnaud playign on tuesday, arent first rounds going to be on sunday and monday tho...coz since the finals on the satuday everything goes back a day doesnt it

michelleg
01-09-2004, 07:14 PM
:worship: Liz is a woman after my own heart, drinking before 5pm!

Via, you think Pat looked chubby, too? I was starting to think I was being excessively critical (one of the old babblers told me I was nuts...) but damn, he looks almost as soft as Peter!

Have fun at the tennis, ladies, and please help me live vicariously through all you young and fun folks...I fully expect some lively reports.

A few notes to remember:

Do not touch Nono's hair without asking permission in French first.

If you are wearing a tutu at a tennis match, keep legs crossed at all times. People on the other side of the court can and will see up your tutu and might just take pictures.

Liquor before beer, in the clear. Beer before liquor, never sicker....

Have fun, girlies!!!!!

Marine
01-09-2004, 07:53 PM
:If you are wearing a tutu at a tennis match, keep legs crossed at all times. People on the other side of the court can and will see up your tutu and might just take pictures.

Liquor before beer, in the clear. Beer before liquor, never sicker....

LOL !!!
Esther/Liz, the future stars of the A.O 2004 !!

esther
01-10-2004, 02:16 AM
loool just got a msg from liz...she started drinking at 2pm yesterday and didnt stop until 5am THIS MORNING...LOL god but she jsut ran into Richard and asked for a photo but he's like...oh no i have to play loool :(

esther
01-10-2004, 02:17 AM
lol @ michelle - u should be here with us! you're crazier than we are!!! why would i want to touch arnauds hair?! LOL!! Guille's hair is better neway ;)

michelleg
01-10-2004, 02:47 AM
:drink: Poor Liz. Ouch. Sounds like me when I am in Miami.

:worship: if you see Feli, could you snap a quickie of him for me??? Puh-leeeeeeze???? It would make my weekend. (I'm sans spouse for the next six days, need something to stare at!).

And I would touch Nono's hair again if I could (and didn't think that he'd have me arrested on assault charges) Its very soft. :p

esther
01-10-2004, 03:20 AM
Have you cn photos of feli from when we saw the team at kooyong? i'm not a fan but liz is so i'm sure she would if she saw him...

haha oh yes i remember that whole touching arnauds hair thing. Told you u are crazier that us!

Via
01-10-2004, 05:18 AM
there was no sign of liz.... she wasn't even at richard's 2nd round qualifying match as far as i could tell from the spectators.

i did the stats for richard v olivier at 9am this morning..... worth that early morning (only had 4 hours of sleep last night :o ) they both hit very hard... it's good that richard came through in straight sets cos we thought it might last longer. of course, no sign of liz to be found back then.

i also had lee v goldstein in case anyone is interested... the poor defending champ went out the first round of qualifying.

then the court started to bubble during the pisnik v dragonmir-ilie match, and all matches after that one were shifted to other courts. so i got an early day. saw the first set of richard v verdasco which richard won. i won't know the result until tomorrow...... hope liz is in the form to update you guys :p

btw richard was very polite to the helpers after he finished the first match... emptied his bottles himself, and said thank you to people. sooo nice.....

esther
01-10-2004, 05:23 AM
Richie won both matches!
liz was at richies second round qualies match...but i'll let her talk for herself so i wont say nemore lol

Via
01-10-2004, 05:23 AM
yeah i was staring at the back of arnaud's head once when i was in adelaide.... from close range... i saw how the hair curls up at the ends coz he's been wearing the head scarf so much , i think... it did look very soft and shiny and i would love to touch it !!!!! how do you ask in french? he'd be amused.

Via
01-10-2004, 05:24 AM
thx esther !!!! well he's beaten the #1 (olivier) in the qualies so there's no reason why he won't go all the way into the main draw :)

Via
01-10-2004, 05:26 AM
is liz sms-ing you? that's a lot of messages to send, lol !!!

esther
01-10-2004, 06:58 AM
escusez moi arnaud...mais pourrais-je toucher tes cheveux?! LOOOL ==> arnaud could i please touch your hair.

haha bout richie emptying the bottles. He's in a better mood is he? Did you have fun doing the matches Via? what did you actually do, just stats?
U should tell the tournament ppl how slack live itnernet scoring has been with the tournaments so far...absolutely shocking!!

neway yeah i've been smsing and calling Liz but i feel bad coz i feel ive been talking on her behalf so i'll let her tell her story when she gets back!!

esther
01-10-2004, 07:00 AM
dunno where to put this, but Llodra played a fantastic match against Dent today!!! Hes won 7 matches in a row and i think he'd have a very good chance at beating hrbaty tomorrow!!!

register at the other site pls via! ;)

esther
01-10-2004, 08:37 AM
arnaud and llodra are in the FINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Clement/Llodra d Koenig/Pala 62 63.
how i wish they would show this on tv tomorrow...:(

michelleg
01-10-2004, 11:53 AM
Woohoo for Mika and Nono. :bounce:

I have to go launch rockets (y'know the kind that kids build...) this morning, will post later, but wanted to tell you all to BEHAVE!

Thanks for the all the reports!

lizabeth..*
01-10-2004, 01:52 PM
Liz is back and Liz had a very exciting day. Liz also wants you to know that even though she drank non stop for 15hrs she didn't wake up with a hangover.

So anyway, have to make this short now cos Liz is totaly ditching her friend, I have just come back from a couple of bars in the city, I took it easy tonight.

ANYWAY - Yes I saw Richard and yes he said no to me hmph, but that is understandable and I am over it but now I won't go near him again. I ended up hiding.

Via I was at Richard's 2nd match....I was sitting like 3 seats down from his dad at one stage but then my friend and I moved into the shade just after the 2nd started and we were next to his mum and Tarik.

So yes, Richie played really well I thought, so at the end of the match I refused to go and ask for a photo so I made my friend go and take up my key ring, which is a wee tennis ball and got him to sign it. He looked at it funny but did it any way, autograph is tiny and it is freaking hillarious!

Hmmm so yes btw Via - I was wearing like all black, black singlet top and a short black skirt, and was carying around a freaking shopping bag cos I had clothes for tonight....

Moving on....so me friend and I were waitig to get the bus when all of a sudden I saw Paulo and at first I thought it was cos I hadn't eaten all day and was ready to pass out but surely enough it was him, so he came outside and went to train so we went and watched.

Than man is more beautiful i person I swear and OMG THE CURLS>>>>> *dies* ANywhoo watched him train for the whole freaking session, yes I am dedicated.....and at one stage this guy came over and started talking to him in english and I was sitting litteraly half a meter behind him, so the convo went something like this EXCLUSIVE NEWS PEOPLE>>>>> RIGHT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH!!!

Guy: Paul Henri Mathieu *snickers*
Guy: How are you?
Paulo: Happy New year
Guy: Happy new year to you too
YADA YADA YADA
Guy: How is your wrist?
Paulo: It's really sore
Paulo: I cannot hit a backhand, it hurts too much
Guy: You know what is wrong?
Paulo: I have torn the ligament (I ALMOST DIED when i heard that cos that is what was wrong with Marat last year :sad:)
Guy: Do you tink you will be ok for Melbourne?
Paulo: No, No I don't know, I hope I will be, I dont know

So they talked about oher random stuff an I wanted to cry cos Paulo was kina sad......

THEN later on FUNNIEST thing happened....Paulo pulled his stretchy ting out of his bag and his undies fell out with it and I dont think he realised so he is standing infront of my friend and I looking at us while he did these stretches and we are like killing ourselves laughng (the sun got to us) and he is looking at us strangely and he had no idea...wheeeeeee. lol

Yeah so anyway, that was pretty much it, nothing overly strenuous (sp???).

Hopefully Paulo plays AO cos it would really suck if he didnt, but I have to say he was traning really well....other stuff happened ut I have to go and spend time with me friend so will enlighten you all when I get back to Melbourne tomorrow!!!!

This has turned out to be and essay....my bad.

michelleg
01-10-2004, 03:30 PM
Ahhh the joys of youth, to not have a hangover.

Just wait til your my age, Liz. One sip and you'll have a headache for two days!

Sounds like it was fun, but bittersweet. Pauvre Paulo. :sad:

Via
01-10-2004, 06:45 PM
huuhhh???? i don't know where richard's dad was yesterday at the 2nd match, but i stood next to his mum and coach during the last part of the 1st set !!!!! i left after the 1st set.... so liz you took up the spot where i vacated. how funny.........lol...........

happy you got so close to paulo..... i was wondering where he was too yesterday.

Marine
01-10-2004, 06:47 PM
Via, why don't you get msn messenger ???

Via
01-10-2004, 07:53 PM
i have msn..... but i can't go online while i'm at the tourney !!! :(

when we were stuck yesterday afternoon without a court, a bunch of us were idle for something like an hour without absolutely nothing to do, and couldn't go anywhere..... there wasn't any internet to amuse us, unfortunately. we couldn't even talk because the damn atp was doing interviews in a room behind us.

esther
01-11-2004, 06:50 AM
via- lool thats so funny that she took the seat that u just left! how weird. And since when do you have msn?!!!

lizabeth..*
01-11-2004, 10:17 AM
Via I actually think I could have seen you on more than one occasion yesterday. If I am thinking about the right person. LOL

Were you wearing glasses? If yes then I know who you are, if no then I am completely wrong and ignore me! LOL

Richard's dad was sitting like diagonally from Richards mum on the opposite side of the court. He had his legs up on another chair and was trying to get a tan. Hahaha.

lizabeth..*
01-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Ohhh and Michelle I did see Feli but it was litteraly as I was leaving and I couldnt stay because my friend was waiting for me on the other side of olympic park. I stayed for like 2 seconds to watch him.....heard him yell "JORDI JORDI" because Jordi ran past and laughed because it was really cute and I ran off again!!!

Im sorry, had I seen your message before I went that day I would have gotten a photo :sad:

Via
01-11-2004, 10:55 AM
lol........ yup i was wearing glasses coz my poor tired eyes couldn't stand the contacts in the morning. i was dragging my feet the whole day.

so where else did you see me, love? :D

today another volunteer told me that she had (accidentally) a snap of me asking roddick for an autograph last year. it's silly really as i wasn't a fan ... just doing that for somebody.

michelleg
01-11-2004, 01:38 PM
*sniff, sniff*

*wiping the tears of eternal sadness from her face*

Its ok if you didn't get Feli pics. :crying2:

I'll survive until Indian Wells. Because I am staying at the player hotel.

How's that for trouble?????

Sounds like you all had a blast. Save some of that energy for the AO, as I fully expect to catch a glimpse of you ladies all dolled up in those Les Bleus Tutus!

Via
01-11-2004, 07:35 PM
michelle..... sorry to hear you will have to suffer the inconvenience and discomfort of a player hotel in march... ;) i will try to find your new fav feli for you today, but there's no guarantee.... i think i had been away for so long that i don't recognise the newer tennis boys anymore.... sometimes someone looks familiar but i just can't place him. i might as well stop by at every court and snap a few. then i'll run a naming competition for my pics........hoho :D

Marine
01-11-2004, 09:09 PM
A pic of double:

http://delivery.****************/comp/2856685.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DE9CE2452C0F898AE06B885823A4CF E21E
[img]

Marine
01-11-2004, 09:10 PM
sorry

http://delivery.****************/comp/2856685.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DE9CE2452C0F898AE06B885823A4CF E21E

Marine
01-11-2004, 09:11 PM
OK. stop :mad:

michelleg
01-11-2004, 09:23 PM
Via, a thousand thanks just for trying!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hatoff:

<-----look for him. :lick: His coach is cute, too! :devil:

Via
01-12-2004, 08:04 AM
michelle........ i'm soooo sorry........ :shrug: feli's doubles match happened at exactly the same time as arnaud came out to practise...... i spent hour and a half watching arnaud and by the time i went over to the centre court, the guys were leaving the court 1!!!! i tried..... :sad:

michelleg
01-12-2004, 11:56 AM
Ahhh, but the pic of Arnaud in the butterfly pose is worth its weight in gold, no worries!

(Do you have more like that??? My husband is still gone...)

irishface
01-12-2004, 08:59 PM
Millions of thanks to Via and Liz for the stories! I'm super jealous and loving them. And the pics! :lick: love the pics, Via. Thanks.

Via
01-13-2004, 09:24 AM
have i seen any of your pics, irish?.... i wasn't around during the northern summer tennis season... i had missed a lot. please let me know if you have your pics somewhere..... i remember you'd had some very good pics before :)

irishface
01-15-2004, 01:02 PM
Bit of a disaster this year with the piccies, Via. :( I'm nhot sure why, because I was practically sitting on the court *lol*.

Here are the few good ones.....

http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/i_r_i_s_h_f_a_c_e/my_photos

Via
01-15-2004, 01:44 PM
thanks!!!! the pics seem to have a lot of contrast... could be that you were not used to sunny weather at wimbly, lol.......

and what excellent seats you'd got. you could even smell the boys ?!?.....

michelleg
01-15-2004, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the link to the piccies, Irish. I don't believe I had ever seen the pretty DiP pic before.

*faints from cough syrup and DiP overdose*

irishface
01-16-2004, 03:39 PM
thanks!!!! the pics seem to have a lot of contrast... could be that you were not used to sunny weather at wimbly, lol.......

LOL! That's exactly it. I'd blame my scanner, but the pics look weird too. I could correct it, but by the time I get round to doing it, it'll be Wimby 2004. :rolleyes: I definitely need a better camera. Or film. Or a better camera operator!

and what excellent seats you'd got. you could even smell the boys ?!?.....

I could smell the ballboy's fear when Nono so much as looked at him. :lol: Poor lad cacked himself.

Michelle - The Dippy one was taken by cReepy, I think. Or maybe Kirsten, probably at the USO. You don't think they let TT walk around with their shirts off at the All England Club? :eek: If you want it, you can have it.

Via
01-16-2004, 08:34 PM
the ballboys at sydney this year had done relatively better (with arnaud), i think. even at hewitt's match... i suppose it's easier to control oneself in a bigger match, paradoxically...

kek
01-17-2004, 05:08 PM
I made it over here. I hope this post works, Michelle that picture of Dippy was taken by Kirsten, I was there when she took it over 3 years ago. I have that picture as well. Kirsten also took a picture of me and Arnaud too that day as well. Seems such a long time ago. Arnaud had very short hair!

Via-thank you for sharing your pictures :worship: They are beautiful! I love the B&W ones as well.

Karen

irishface
01-18-2004, 05:04 PM
Ah, Karen! You can post when you want to ;) Nice to see you.

I have a couple of Nono with short hair and sunnies. :cool: So those must be from Kirsten too? I lose track. Us wimbybabblers haven't heard from her in ages. Is she ok?

kek
01-18-2004, 05:41 PM
I haven't heard from Kristen from ages (a couple years at least). Michelle will tell you that cReppy, Laura and I had a fallen out, Michelle was there in Miami when it happened. Kirsten was in the middle and I guess she choose them. So high schoolish behavior.....

My posting will be limited here, I can't keep up with anymore message boards. I can barely keep up with mine :eek: