The "So You're Saying It's A Party In Your Pants." Thread 01 [Archive] - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

The "So You're Saying It's A Party In Your Pants." Thread 01

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Murkofan
01-14-2004, 05:10 PM
From today's L.M. Boyd column: "Most Southerners speak at least two dialects, one for family and friends, another for formal occasions. They make the switch subconsciously, says a language expert."

Angele
01-14-2004, 05:12 PM
From today's L.M. Boyd column: "Most Southerners speak at least two dialects, one for family and friends, another for formal occasions. They make the switch subconsciously, says a language expert."
:bowdown:

Chesty Larue
01-14-2004, 05:15 PM
lol those tricky southerns :p

Ah old Jason/Carly clips..I'm getting all sentimental :sobbing:

Murkofan
01-14-2004, 05:16 PM
Yes, thank you, thank you *waves to adoring crowd*

Hey, did you see Georgie fake that orgasm yesterday Chesty? Hilarious :p

Chesty Larue
01-14-2004, 05:17 PM
I just looked Busty..no clue if it's lace or not..it's not a good enough look :confused:

Angele
01-14-2004, 05:18 PM
I just looked Busty..no clue if it's lace or not..it's not a good enough look :confused:
Maybe I'm just imagining things :p

Chesty Larue
01-14-2004, 05:20 PM
Yes, thank you, thank you *waves to adoring crowd*

Hey, did you see Georgie fake that orgasm yesterday Chesty? Hilarious :p

Maxie was great..I was dying laughing.

Maxie: You just got a 1600 on your SAT's.

Georgie: Yes! Yes! Oh Yes!

:haha:

Angele
01-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Maxie was great..I was dying laughing.

Maxie: You just got a 1600 on your SAT's.

Georgie: Yes! Yes! Oh Yes!

:unsure: :bolt:

Chesty Larue
01-14-2004, 05:23 PM
Jason from awhile ago.."I'm not really good at imagining things..but I can't imagine my life without Carly" :angel:

Jason from yesterday.."I love you. I love you enough to save your kids. To sacrifice for you. I would do anything for you."

Carly what the hell are you doing with Sonny :p

Chesty Larue
01-14-2004, 05:26 PM
:unsure: :bolt:

lol..Georgie was trying to fake having sex with her imaginary boyfriend :p so her ex-boy would be jealous.

So her sister Maxie was like you have to make it sound real..Georgie was like I've never had sex!? I don't know what I'm suppose to sound like..so Maxie was sort of helping her along a bit and that's one of the things she said..when she said that I almost fell off the couch I was laughing so hard :lol:

Angele
01-14-2004, 05:27 PM
lol..Georgie was trying to fake having sex with her imaginary boyfriend :p so her ex-boy would be jealous.

So her sister Maxie was like you have to make it sound real..Georgie was like I've never had sex!? I don't know what I'm suppose to sound like..so Maxie was sort of helping her along a bit and that's one of the things she said..when she said that I almost fell off the couch I was laughing so hard :lol:

Those two would fit in perfectly around here :p

Chesty Larue
01-14-2004, 05:33 PM

Those two would fit in perfectly around here :p

yeah no kidding..that whole scene was classic :p Maxie was like..you know the diner scene from when Harry met Sally :lol: Georgie was like I am not doing that! :o

Angele
01-14-2004, 05:35 PM
yeah no kidding..that whole scene was classic :p Maxie was like..you know the diner scene from when Harry met Sally :lol: Georgie was like I am not doing that! :o
I love when Harry met Sally :D That scene is great :lol:

Angele
01-14-2004, 05:36 PM
I need to be off... Later Chesty :p :wavey:

Chesty Larue
01-14-2004, 05:38 PM
See ya Busty :wavey:

Jess
01-14-2004, 08:59 PM
Anyone around :wavey:

Angele
01-14-2004, 09:10 PM
Still here Jess?

Jess
01-14-2004, 09:11 PM
Yep :wavey: Hiya

Angele
01-14-2004, 09:13 PM
How are ya Boobette :p

Jess
01-14-2004, 09:15 PM
I'm okay thanks Busty :p
Too much work :rolleyes: but other than that can't complain!
How are you today?

Angele
01-14-2004, 09:17 PM
I'm good but so bored :ras: I've been playing online family feud for the last hour :o

Jess
01-14-2004, 09:20 PM
Well I am VERY bored :rolleyes: why can they never make school assignments interesting?! I've got a huge backlog at the moment because I missed last week :o and am trying to catch up. Urgh - :rolleyes:

Angele
01-14-2004, 09:20 PM
What are you working on atm?

Jess
01-14-2004, 09:22 PM
It is much more interesting to search for pics and info about Lleyton :p
I am very easily distracted!

Angele
01-14-2004, 09:24 PM
I can never do any kind of online research because I always get pulled back to the board :p

Jess
01-14-2004, 09:25 PM
Atm - I am attempting to do a Maths think without much success - :rolleyes:
I would give up but given that the alternatives are Chemistry, Physics, Geography and an awful poetry essay I'm not sure which is worse :lol:

So I'll just do nothing ;)

Angele
01-14-2004, 09:28 PM
Nothing sounds like a good choice ;) I'd do chemistry first but that's only because in that list, it's the only thing I can stand :o

Jess
01-14-2004, 09:31 PM
lol - I don't know what I was thinking when I chose my subjects :rolleyes:

Just seen Lleyton on tv (for about half a second) ;) he did a big c'mon at the end of his match and looked fantastic! :p

Angele
01-14-2004, 09:31 PM
Lleyton is looking particularily ravishing this year. I don't know if it's the tan or the muscles or what but he's just looking great :drool:

Jess
01-14-2004, 09:33 PM
Being all loved up clearly agrees with him :kiss:

Angele
01-14-2004, 09:37 PM
Being all loved up clearly agrees with him :kiss:
Kim as well! She's looking more, I dunno, mature this year :confused:

Jess
01-14-2004, 09:39 PM
Yeah - they both look so happy - she looked good in the crowd yesterday watching his match.

I think his hair is particularly good this year - not too short and not too long just :kiss: lol

Angele
01-14-2004, 09:42 PM
Yeah - they both look so happy - she looked good in the crowd yesterday watching his match.

You're right, they do both look so happy. It's great to see :hearts: :hearts:

Kim did look great watching him, boobs and all ;) :p

I think his hair is particularly good this year - not too short and not too long just :kiss: lol

Definetly! Hopefully he's growing out of the one haircut per year thing :o The last few years he's shaved his head for Wimbledon and that was it.

Jess
01-14-2004, 09:45 PM
I know :lol: Looks like a hooligan at wimbledon with a scary skinhead and then like a yeti at the French Open when it's nearly in a ponytail :rolleyes:

It's just right how it is at the moment imo.

And I'm glad to see the backwards cap thing is back - I didn't like it when he went through a phase of wearing it the right way round.

Angele
01-14-2004, 09:50 PM
Why do you figure Lleyton decided to get it cut now? Whatever the reason I hope Lleyton keeps cutting it so it stays this length because it looks great :hearts:

The french open style is so wrong :tape: I hope it never gets that long again lol... even the bald look is better than that :p

Jess
01-14-2004, 09:50 PM
I hope he wins Sydney this time - about time he won another tournament and it would give a lot of confidence going to Melbourne.

Angele
01-14-2004, 09:51 PM
And ditto about the hat, it's much better backwards :yeah:

Angele
01-14-2004, 09:55 PM
I hope he wins Sydney this time - about time he won another tournament and it would give a lot of confidence going to Melbourne.
That would be great if he won Sydney :D From all accounts he's playing well so knock on wood :)

Jess
01-14-2004, 09:55 PM
Why do you figure Lleyton decided to get it cut now? Whatever the reason I hope Lleyton keeps cutting it so it stays this length because it looks great :hearts:

The french open style is so wrong :tape: I hope it never gets that long again lol... even the bald look is better than that :p

Hmm, it's a close run thing between the bald look and the yeti look :unsure: I think the bald look though - but they're both not great. Didn't mind really short but at Queens last year it looked like he was signing up for the army.

But yes, at the moment he is definitely the best he has looked in a long time :hearts: Hopefully he realises that too and remembers to visit the hairdresser regularly.

Angele
01-14-2004, 10:00 PM
Hmm, it's a close run thing between the bald look and the yeti look :unsure: I think the bald look though - but they're both not great. Didn't mind really short but at Queens last year it looked like he was signing up for the army.

But yes, at the moment he is definitely the best he has looked in a long time :hearts: Hopefully he realises that too and remembers to visit the hairdresser regularly.

Yeah at Queen's he has really no hair on his head at all :o I still prefer that to the yeti look though :p And I'm totally against the ponytail :tape:

Regular haircuts are a good thing :yeah: Maybe they'll get married this summer so he'll be forced to get another haircut for that and slowly but surely he'll fall into the habit lol

Jess
01-14-2004, 10:05 PM
Oh what if he gets married with long hair! :o What if Kim prefers that :tape: so he grows it especially for the wedding! There's a scary thought!
And I hated the ponytail. I didn't realise how good looking he was until he chopped that thing off the back of his head.

Angele
01-14-2004, 10:09 PM
Oh what if he gets married with long hair! :o What if Kim prefers that :tape: so he grows it especially for the wedding! There's a scary thought!
And I hated the ponytail. I didn't realise how good looking he was until he chopped that thing off the back of his head.
The ponytail definetly didn't do him justice. Overall though I'm not a fan of a guy with long hair. Speaking of ponytails though, I'm pretty sure Kim was the one who originally chopped off the ponytail so let's cross our fingers and pray that he prefers his hair short :o Don't get me wrong, I'll be all :hearts: over wedding pictures anyway but Lley would look much, much better with the style that he has now :drool:

Jess
01-14-2004, 10:13 PM
Oh of course the wedding pictures will be fantastic :hearts: whatever his hair looks like but it would be nicer if he got married without a dead rat on the back of his head :lol:

But you're right the ponytail did go pretty soon after he started dating Kim seriously so I don't think she'll be encouraging him to bring it back.

Angele
01-14-2004, 10:15 PM
The first time he shaved his head I *think* it was Kim and some of his friends that did it but I'm not sure :confused: I'm sure Kim will recommend a nice clean cut for the wedding :angel:

Angele
01-14-2004, 10:15 PM
I've gotta go... later Boobette :p

:wavey:

Jess
01-14-2004, 10:17 PM
I should probably go too! Bye Busty :wavey:

Lisbeth
01-14-2004, 11:00 PM
hello, if anyone is here.

It's stupid tennis reporting season here in Aus - the lastest claim is that Andy Roddick "proved he is in great form by smashing Robby Ginepri 6-1 6-3". Oh yes, well I mean if you can beat the might ROBBY GINEPRI you're set for life. Personally I think the Agassis-Federer-Roddick match ups will be a tad more interesting in terms of what Lleyton will be up against at AO!

dagmar7
01-14-2004, 11:06 PM
:wavey: Jane...I like this post.:)

Maybe he is in great form or maybe Ginepri just crumbled--it's hard to tell without seeing the match.

Well, like it or not--and for me, not--Roddick is the #1 player in the world and it's understandable that he gets some press.:D

I guess they're trying to be fair amidst all the excitement of three Australian quarter-finalists at the Adidas. :D :D :D

Lisbeth
01-14-2004, 11:25 PM
Oh sure, I have no objection to them giving Roddick press - it was just the comment by a supposed "expert" that he must be playing well because he'd beaten some virtual nobody that amused me. I don't like the fact that I could do a better job than the people that are trained and paid to do it!

I like your optimism that they are trying to be fair - not really in character for Aussie sports journalism but we can live in hope! Meanwhile some twit in an article in the other thread is claiming Kucera is "journeyman". Hello, I think he's acheived a tad more than Ginepri!

dagmar7
01-14-2004, 11:35 PM
Well, Ginepri had some good results at the American masters series--bagelling a food-poisoned (?) Safin at Indian Wells, as I recall.:o I think he was injured and missed the claycourt season. He finished in the top fifty--as Kucera did.:p I suppose because he is younger than Kucera (and American perhaps), he is regarded as up-and-coming and not as a 'journeyman.':o

Lisbeth
01-14-2004, 11:44 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head, "American" in particular. Oh well, biased reporting isnt going to make any of them better or worse players, in fact I think Lleyton thrives on negative reporting!

Lisbeth
01-14-2004, 11:45 PM
I do think AO is going to be very interesting on the men's side!

dagmar7
01-14-2004, 11:47 PM
Yeah, I think so too.:) I certainly hope so.:D

Not like all the injuries on the women's side...:sad: :(

I think it is good for Lleyton that other Aus. men are doing well. He seemed more into/happier on the tour when Pat Rafter was still an active player and doing well. I really think he enjoys more of a team atmosphere. He certainly has been encouraging to his compatriots.:)

dagmar7
01-14-2004, 11:51 PM
Okay, I'm off to have dinner. It's about -25 today and my hand almost froze to the front door knob.

Take care, Jane.

Lisbeth
It's great for Lleyton - and Ii think we were mentioning a few days ago that it doesn't hurt his image that every single one of them practically has thanked him for helping to lift their game. He definitely needs a gang and it seems by recruiting Flip last year and helping out the young guns, he's managed to establish one.

Lisbeth
Yikes, don't freeze there Dagmar! Bye!

Angele
01-15-2004, 12:39 AM
:wavey: Anybody here?

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 12:41 AM
yep, me!

how are you feeling today? craving solids yet?

Angele
01-15-2004, 12:43 AM
Hey Jane :wavey: How are you?

I'm feeling better and craving food like you would not believe :o

Danni
01-15-2004, 12:44 AM
:wavey: Hey pplz

Angele
01-15-2004, 12:47 AM
:wavey: Hey Danni!

Danni
01-15-2004, 12:50 AM
Whatchya been up to?

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 12:53 AM
Hi Danni.

I sympathise Angele, I remember once when I couldn't have anything except clear liquids for a month (not even milk!) I started dreaming about the most bizarre foods, including things I don't even particularly like, LOL. At least you're feeling better though, that's something.

Angele
01-15-2004, 12:53 AM
Not too much, just trying to keep myself occupied lol

you?

Danni
01-15-2004, 12:55 AM
Working up thre courage to clean the bathrooms :unsure: That has to be the most feral chore.
Hey Jane :)

Angele
01-15-2004, 12:57 AM
Hi Danni.

I sympathise Angele, I remember once when I couldn't have anything except clear liquids for a month (not even milk!) I started dreaming about the most bizarre foods, including things I don't even particularly like, LOL. At least you're feeling better though, that's something.
Ack that sounds horrible, even worse than my situation :( Can I ask why you couldn't have anything but clear liquid? And would clear liquid include anything but water? :unsure: I can at least have some things with flavor like juice, milk, melted ice cream, etc... and also my meal replacement shakes are tasty although I am getting a bit tired of them now :o

So far I haven't been dreaming about food :p I imagine that'll come within the next three weeks though. Right now I just crave food, any kind of food. Anything would be so good right now :o

Angele
01-15-2004, 12:59 AM
Working up thre courage to clean the bathrooms :unsure: That has to be the most feral chore.
Hey Jane :)
I hate cleaning bathrooms... once in a while my mom will make me clean ours :bolt:

Danni
01-15-2004, 01:01 AM
How long till you can eat again Angele?

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 01:03 AM
I had a digestive tract problem and the alternatives were steroids or a liquid diet. It actually worked really well and I never had to have the steroids or more surgery. One previous time I was on a liquid diet for 10 days after surgery and that was the worst of both worlds!!

I could have broth, powerade type drinks, juice and tea/coffee. My big treat I was allowed was jello! I had jello for breakfast by the end! You had be able to see through the liquid but it didn't have to be absolutely clear (thank goodness or I would have gone nuts!). After the month I had another two weeks where I was allowed the above things, plus rice and pasta but no fats, fibre or meat. You wouldn't believe that plain pasta can be tasty, but it was to me!

Angele
01-15-2004, 01:05 AM
How long till you can eat again Angele?
I think there are 20 more days til I can start on soft foods :unsure: It's at least that long, perhaps more. I'm not exactly sure because I didn't even see my doctor at the hospital so I have next to no info. I have an appointment with him in 20 days and I can only assume that he'll be taking the elastics out of my mouth but I'm not 100% sure.

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 01:07 AM
Oh yeah, the weirdest thing was that (unsurprisingly) I lost about 7kg - and I was skinny to begin with and looked really crap, but several people actually asked me how I'd managed to lose weight like it was a good thing. They kind of backed off when I said "ate nothing for a month" or "had a near death experience"!

Angele
01-15-2004, 01:10 AM
I had a digestive tract problem and the alternatives were steroids or a liquid diet. It actually worked really well and I never had to have the steroids or more surgery. One previous time I was on a liquid diet for 10 days after surgery and that was the worst of both worlds!!

I could have broth, powerade type drinks, juice and tea/coffee. My big treat I was allowed was jello! I had jello for breakfast by the end! You had be able to see through the liquid but it didn't have to be absolutely clear (thank goodness or I would have gone nuts!). After the month I had another two weeks where I was allowed the above things, plus rice and pasta but no fats, fibre or meat. You wouldn't believe that plain pasta can be tasty, but it was to me!

That must have taken a lot of will power. I can't have anything now but it's not that I'm not permitted it's that physically I can't have anything but liquids. If I could open my mouth right now you could bet I'd be having something nice and tasty :o

I actually love plain pasta. I eat just plain white spaghetti a lot. Whenever my family has spaghetti with a nice tomato sauce I rather just have it plain :lick:

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 01:12 AM
BTW Angele, I think I mentioned this before, but the 2 things I found helpful were 1. broth! partly because it's important to have non-sweet things and partly because it's good for you, and 2. drink regularly (like every 2 hours minimum) to keep your blood sugar levels up even though you will never, ever feel thirsty.

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 01:13 AM
BTW, apparently Chanda is fighting back v Justine at Adidas, something like 6-3 0-2

Angele
01-15-2004, 01:14 AM
Oh yeah, the weirdest thing was that (unsurprisingly) I lost about 7kg - and I was skinny to begin with and looked really crap, but several people actually asked me how I'd managed to lose weight like it was a good thing. They kind of backed off when I said "ate nothing for a month" or "had a near death experience"!
Losing 7kg is a lot when you're thin to begin with. I could afford to lose 7 kg and I probably will but the people who think that they're making me feel better my telling me brightly hey, good way to lose weight, need to know that that thought it not encouraging in the least :o I'd rather gain 7kg than be in the position that I'm in now :o

Danni
01-15-2004, 01:15 AM
I dunno how you girls survive- I'd go crazy.
Anyways, the bathrooms are calling :rolleyes: See-ya later :wavey:

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 01:15 AM
I was pretty sick for the first week or so but after I felt better it was very, very hard! Luckily the French Open - and the first Aussie Big Brother series - was on at the time so I had something to do at home all day!

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 01:16 AM
Yeah people are sooooo stupid. Tell them to go get their jaw wired and see how they like it.

Angele
01-15-2004, 01:18 AM
BTW Angele, I think I mentioned this before, but the 2 things I found helpful were 1. broth! partly because it's important to have non-sweet things and partly because it's good for you, and 2. drink regularly (like every 2 hours minimum) to keep your blood sugar levels up even though you will never, ever feel thirsty.
That's something that one of the residents told me as well, to drink regularly, so I'm doing that although you're right, I'm never thirsty.

Broth I'm a little :confused: about. In the hospital I had chicken broth and I could have it fine but then my mom made some for me the other day and not only could I not get it into my mouth, it actually blocked something in my teeth :( After I tried the broth even water wasn't going into my mouth like it was before. I brushed my teeth a couple of times and slowly, very slowly, had some water and eventually I could drink normally again. I think I'm going to hold off on the broth for now but it will be something good that I can have whenever I move to the soft food stage!

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 01:22 AM
Oh dear, that doesn't sound good at all. Maybe give the broth a miss for a few days till the swelling goes down? It was totally clear, I assume? It shouldn't be such a problem for you anyway because you can have milk and those meal replacements which have protein in them. For me, broth and gelatine were my only protein sources and really made me feel better. We also have a drink here called bonox which is basically beef tea and I loved that!

Angele
01-15-2004, 01:25 AM
My brother is baking cookies *sigh*

Angele
01-15-2004, 01:27 AM
Yeah people are sooooo stupid. Tell them to go get their jaw wired and see how they like it.
It's a good thing I can't talk or else I'd be snapping at those people :o One person who is going to get it though is my dad :tape: I know he's only trying to help but it's not working. He's always poking at me and laughing when I turn around looking not so impressed. Then he says stuff like ah well, at least it's done now and ah perk up, it's not that bad and I just feel like smacking him :o

Angele
01-15-2004, 01:29 AM
Oh dear, that doesn't sound good at all. Maybe give the broth a miss for a few days till the swelling goes down? It was totally clear, I assume? It shouldn't be such a problem for you anyway because you can have milk and those meal replacements which have protein in them. For me, broth and gelatine were my only protein sources and really made me feel better. We also have a drink here called bonox which is basically beef tea and I loved that!
Well it wasn't completely clear but it wasn't as thick as the one I had at the hospital :scratch: I really don't know what happened.

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 01:34 AM
Hmm, well I'm sure he means well.

Actually by the end of my food-free time I was cooking myself so I'd have lots of tasty treats as soon as I got the go-ahead!

Angele
01-15-2004, 01:38 AM
Hmm, well I'm sure he means well.

Actually by the end of my food-free time I was cooking myself so I'd have lots of tasty treats as soon as I got the go-ahead!
My family is already promising to cook my favorites as soon as I can eat again :) I think by the time I can eat though, I'll take anything lol.... Right now I'd just like anything ranging from a cheeseburger to a bagel to a chocolate chip muffin :o

Angele
01-15-2004, 01:39 AM
Any updates on the Chanda-Justine match?

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 01:42 AM
Chanda won the second set 6-4, I think.

Angele
01-15-2004, 01:43 AM
Chanda won the second set 6-4, I think.
great :yeah:

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 01:45 AM
I quite like Chanda. used to like Justine too but went right off her last year! (wonder why?!)

Angele
01-15-2004, 01:47 AM
I quite like Chanda. used to like Justine too but went right off her last year! (wonder why?!)
I like Chanda too! She's so hard to figure out though. She scores some big time wins and then the next week could go out to a qualifer :confused:

Justine :ras:

Ashie_87
01-15-2004, 01:48 AM
:wavey: all

Danni
01-15-2004, 01:48 AM
Back again! :wavey: Bathrooms are done! :bigclap:
I used to like Justine too :o However, those sad days are behind me now :p

Scotso
01-15-2004, 01:49 AM
Hi.... Angele? and Jane ;)

Danni
01-15-2004, 01:49 AM
Hi Ash! :kiss:

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 01:50 AM
Someone has called for the trainer - might be Henin

Angele
:wavey: Danni and Ash!

Scott :p

Ashie_87
Danni!!!!!! yay! havent talked to you for ages!!! sorry i havent replied to your pm on wtaworld :o

Ashie_87
01-15-2004, 01:51 AM
so how is everyone today?

Angele
Someone has called for the trainer - might be Henin
Quelle surprise :rolleyes: I'm betting she'll go on to win this set erm, 6-2... 6-1 if her injury is to a leg ;)

Lisbeth
Hi everyone who just arrived.

Danni
01-15-2004, 01:52 AM
Danni!!!!!! yay! havent talked to you for ages!!! sorry i havent replied to your pm on wtaworld :o
Dats okie! :hug: Whenever you have time. I hope everything at home is better now.

Ashie_87
01-15-2004, 01:54 AM
Dats okie! :hug: Whenever you have time. I hope everything at home is better now.

err....yeah.. :unsure: things are...hmm...hard to say...i really don't know coz i haven't slept at home for the past 2 nights (YAY! for sleepovers and girly midnight chats!!!!!! :D )
how are you going?

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 01:55 AM
BTW Angele, in respect of your question on the other board about the benefits of dual citizenship, I don't think there really are many except that you can vote, which I think you'd want to do if you lived somewhere for 20 years! - and you can get in the same queue at the airport!

Scotso
01-15-2004, 01:57 AM
I'm sooooo tired

I'm drained lately :o

Angele
01-15-2004, 01:58 AM
BTW Angele, in respect of your question on the other board about the benefits of dual citizenship, I don't think there really are many except that you can vote, which I think you'd want to do if you lived somewhere for 20 years! - and you can get in the same queue at the airport!
Hmm, interesting. Is there any kind of restriction that would say that Kim couldn't live in Aus if she wasn't a citizen? Right now I don't imagine it's a problem because she's only there a couple of months a year but when they retire will Kim have to be a citizen to be able to live in Aus full time? If that's what they decide of course.

Angele
01-15-2004, 01:59 AM
Ash I hope everything is ok with you :hug:

Danni
01-15-2004, 01:59 AM
err....yeah.. :unsure: things are...hmm...hard to say...i really don't know coz i haven't slept at home for the past 2 nights (YAY! for sleepovers and girly midnight chats!!!!!! :D )
how are you going?
Well I'm on holidays so i'd say I'm pretty damn good! :yeah: Speakign of sleepover I'm havign one tonight with all the girls, then tomorrow the guys are comign and we're having a partay! :aparty: Thankfully it's not at my house!

Danni
01-15-2004, 02:00 AM
LOL at all my typos :o

Ashie_87
01-15-2004, 02:01 AM
Ash I hope everything is ok with you :hug:

yeah im fine :kiss: except im in a lot of pain atm..stupid shoulder...i had my first physio session on it last night and i have all this bruising where my physio was trying to get all the knots out of my shoulder muscles...aparently its 'over worked' and im not allowed to do any sport for at least 4 weeks :fiery: :(

Angele
What's the latest on the Chanda-Justine match?

Angele
yeah im fine :kiss: except im in a lot of pain atm..stupid shoulder...i had my first physio session on it last night and i have all this bruising where my physio was trying to get all the knots out of my shoulder muscles...aparently its 'over worked' and im not allowed to do any sport for at least 4 weeks :fiery: :(
Ah that sucks Ash :( What happened?

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 02:02 AM
No, she could get some sort of residency visa. There might even be a special spouse visa of some sort. I know many Aussie married to non-Aussies who live here for years without becoming Australian. In fact, I know quite a few people who have permanent residency here and have lived here for up to 20 years without becoming Australian OR marrying an Australian. I think they even get medicare benefits, etc. I think the only real problem is they can deport aliens if they commit any crimes - which happened to an English guy recently who'd lived here for 25 years or so! But somehow I doubt that's going to be an issue for Kim, LOL!

Danni
01-15-2004, 02:04 AM
3-2 in the third, Henin serving

Angele
01-15-2004, 02:05 AM
No, she could get some sort of residency visa. There might even be a special spouse visa of some sort. I know many Aussie married to non-Aussies who live here for years without becoming Australian. In fact, I know quite a few people who have permanent residency here and have lived here for up to 20 years without becoming Australian OR marrying an Australian. I think they even get medicare benefits, etc. I think the only real problem is they can deport aliens if they commit any crimes - which happened to an English guy recently who'd lived here for 25 years or so! But somehow I doubt that's going to be an issue for Kim, LOL!
No I don't think that would be a problem for Kim... at least I hope not :p

My guess though would be that Kim will just get dual citizenship, I'm sure it'll be no problem once they're married. Lleyton will probably do the same thing!

Ashie_87
01-15-2004, 02:06 AM
Ah that sucks Ash :( What happened?
i actually wouldn't have a clue :confused: :o after i went back to sport after i fractured my wrist last year my shoulder started grinding and dislocating at the most inconvienient times (i totally freaked my cousins out over christmas with it! :D ) it could have something to do with a growth spurt i had and the bones grew but the muscles, ligaments and tendons didn't :shrug:

Danni
01-15-2004, 02:06 AM
Sounds like you've had a bad run Ash :hug:
Anyways, I'm going shopping :woohoo:
Bye all

Angele
01-15-2004, 02:08 AM
i actually wouldn't have a clue :confused: :o after i went back to sport after i fractured my wrist last year my shoulder started grinding and dislocating at the most inconvienient times (i totally freaked my cousins out over christmas with it! :D ) it could have something to do with a growth spurt i had and the bones grew but the muscles, ligaments and tendons didn't :shrug:
That could be possible, especially if you don't remember a hit or something that could of dislocated it. The same ting, or so they think, happened with my brother's knee. It just started popping out of place and hurting for no reason.

Angele
01-15-2004, 02:08 AM
Cya later Danni, have fun!

Ashie_87
01-15-2004, 02:09 AM
:woohoo: for shopping!!!:D hehe have fun! :kiss:

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 02:11 AM
I think Justine is up a break but the scoreboard I was watching is stuck at 1 set all.

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 02:13 AM
I'm afraid I have to go too now. Take care all you injured people!

Angele
01-15-2004, 02:14 AM
Cya later Jane :wavey:

Angele
01-15-2004, 02:15 AM
I'm watching the premiere of the Bachelorette... geez these guys are all so perfect! They're all good looking, succesful and most of them talk about wanting kids and being jealous of their friends who have a wife and kids :angel: :hearts:

Angele
01-15-2004, 02:18 AM
I wish this show was on earlier :( I wanna stay up to watch but I'm tired and yawning hurts so much :o

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 02:18 AM

Angele
01-15-2004, 02:19 AM
hey Chesty baby :p How are you?

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 02:21 AM
lol..I'm good thanks ;) You?

Angele
01-15-2004, 02:22 AM
omg seriously, these guys are all absolutely perfect :hearts:

Angele
01-15-2004, 02:22 AM
Minus the painful yawning I'm great!

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 02:23 AM
haha Justine took an injury time out in her match :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 02:24 AM
haha Justine took an injury time out in her match :p
Bet you fell off your chair when you read that :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 02:24 AM
Bet you fell off your chair when you read that :p

oh yeah the shock nearly gave me a heart attack :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 02:28 AM
Wow Chanda gave a great push there..2 hour and 12 minute match ;)

Angele
01-15-2004, 02:28 AM
Out of 25 guys at least 20 are seemingly perfect :eek:

Angele
01-15-2004, 02:29 AM
Wow Chanda gave a great push there..2 hour and 12 minute match ;)
Is it over then? Don't tell me Justine managed to overcome and injury? :eek: :eek:

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 02:30 AM
Is it over then? Don't tell me Justine managed to overcome and injury? :eek: :eek:

Yeah Justine won..6-4 in the third.

Get this..the injury time out was for blisters :tape:

Angele
01-15-2004, 02:32 AM
Yeah Justine won..6-4 in the third.

Get this..the injury time out was for blisters :tape:
Ah yes, of course... the blisters must be the reason she lost the second set because after all, the great Justine Henin Hardenne can just never be, *gasp*, outplayed :rolleyes:

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 02:33 AM
God if there was one AO I didn't want Kim to miss it's this one :sad: She could so take these girls :(

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 02:35 AM
omg have you seen the front pic on www.tsn.ca :tape:

That's freaking scary :eek:

Angele
01-15-2004, 02:35 AM
God if there was one AO I didn't want Kim to miss it's this one :sad: She could so take these girls :(
Yeah I know :( At the rate things are going though they might as well hand Justine the trophy :mad:

Angele
01-15-2004, 02:36 AM
omg have you seen the front pic on www.tsn.ca :tape:

That's freaking scary :eek:
holy shit :eek: :o

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 02:36 AM
I think Venus might very well take it..frankly I'll take her over Justine any day. I hope Lindsay can win it though..

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 02:38 AM
holy shit :eek: :o

Jen Hedger made a comment about how he's now sporting such a nice mug :lol: :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 02:39 AM
I think Venus might very well take it..frankly I'll take her over Justine any day. I hope Lindsay can win it though..
If Kim pulls out, I hope Lindsay wins and after her Venus and then after that, I couldn't care less :o There's nobody else in the draw who has any chance to win that I could say yeah, I'd be happy for her if she won :o

Angele
01-15-2004, 02:39 AM
Jen Hedger made a comment about how he's now sporting such a nice mug :lol: :p
That's what it looks like, the mug shot of somebody picked up for a bar fight or something :unsure:

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 02:40 AM
If Kim pulls out, I hope Lindsay wins and after her Venus and then after that, I couldn't care less :o There's nobody else in the draw who has any chance to win that I could say yeah, I'd be happy for her if she won :o

Me too..except I don't want Momo to win it :o Not that I never want her to win a slam but I almost couldn't bear if she won one before Kim :(

Cursed Bone Bruise! :mad:

Angele
01-15-2004, 02:43 AM
Me too..except I don't want Momo to win it :o Not that I never want her to win a slam but I almost couldn't bear if she won one before Kim :(

Cursed Bone Bruise! :mad:
omg I was thinking the exact same thing :o I was thinking ok, top ten, who do I not dislike and I thought ok Lindsay is alright and so is Amelie but then I back tracked and was like no! Amelie can't win a slam before Kim :(

proteus
01-15-2004, 02:46 AM
lol at this thread title and the impressive mammary glands in it! Well I guess Busty is :angel:e and Chesty is :devil: ;)

Anyway, a quick "Hi" to you. :wavey:

Angele
01-15-2004, 02:48 AM
:lol: at mammary glands... that's one synonym for breast we hadn't thought of!

Hi pro and yes, it's me :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 02:48 AM
oh I'm the devil :p

It's Ileana btw ;)

Angele
01-15-2004, 02:54 AM
The last few series of the bachelor/bachelorette there have been people with the same name on the show... it's so confusing :o You'd think with all the people that apply they could avoid that :p

proteus
01-15-2004, 02:55 AM
oh I'm the devil :p

... you should know :p

Angele: I thought it might be you drooling over 20 perfect men, interested in marriage and babies, no less ;). Well, if you displayed some of your ample cleavage ... lol

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 02:55 AM
lol..Like you have to change you name :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 02:58 AM

Angele: I thought it might be you drooling over 20 perfect men, interested in marriage and babies, no less ;). Well, if you displayed some of your ample cleavage ... lol

I'm the perfect :angel: :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 02:59 AM

Am I that obvious? :p And I will be keeping my cleavage to myself thank you very much :p I'm no Kim ;)

Angele
01-15-2004, 03:01 AM
They just showed previews for the upcoming season... boy I love this show :D I can already sense that this season is going to be my favorite!

proteus
01-15-2004, 03:04 AM
Am I that obvious? :p And I will be keeping my cleavage to myself thank you very much :p I'm no Kim ;)
If you've got it, flaunt it Busty. :devil:

lol, angel Ileana ;)

Hope Kim recovers in time for the AO, do you have the latest news on that front, if you'll pardon the pun?

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 03:07 AM

lol, angel Ileana ;)

Hope Kim recovers in time for the AO, do you have the latest news on that front, if you'll pardon the pun?

lol :p Nothing new in a couple of days..she's still getting treatment but I don't think she's even practiced since that one try :(

Angele
01-15-2004, 03:09 AM

Only for the perfect man ;)

lol, angel Ileana ;)

:lol: at your pun, very good indeed :yeah:

Re Kim, nothing new in the last couple of days. She hasn't said anything since she withdrew from Sydney.

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 03:10 AM
Only for the perfect man ;)

You're gonna be waiting awhile :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 03:11 AM
That's perfectly fine with me on the cleavage side of things... I'm in no hurry to flaunt my cleavage :p

proteus
01-15-2004, 03:12 AM
lol :p Nothing new in a couple of days..she's still getting treatment but I don't think she's even practiced since that one try :(
Thanks Chesty. She's being sensible, hopefully she can play her way into the tournament.

Bye Angele and Ileana :wavey:

proteus
01-15-2004, 03:14 AM
Break it to her gently ... lol

Angele
01-15-2004, 03:15 AM
Cya later pro :wavey:

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 03:17 AM
Break it to her gently ... lol

Well seeing how the perfect man is either married or gay :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 03:17 AM
Well seeing how the perfect man is either married or gay :p
You obviously didn't watch The Bachelorette tonight :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 03:19 AM
lol..nope I have never watched any of those shows.

Yay Habs win 3rd in a row :yippee:

Angele
01-15-2004, 03:21 AM
Well now is a great time to start :yeah: This show is going to be great, I can feel it!

Habs :yeah:

Angele
01-15-2004, 03:22 AM
Where's Yucatan? :scratch:

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 03:26 AM
Where's Yucatan? :scratch:

In Mexico I think..

Angele
01-15-2004, 03:27 AM
In Mexico I think..
sounds like that could be possible... I'm watching Celebrity Mole: Yucatan :cool:

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 03:27 AM
I'm off..later Busty :wavey:

Angele
01-15-2004, 03:30 AM
Cya later Chesty :wavey:

Danni
01-15-2004, 04:40 AM
Is the Bachelorette Meredith? We're still on the Bachelor series that she was in.
LL's winning 3-0 :bounce:

Danni
01-15-2004, 04:57 AM
Lleyton wins first set 6-1 :)

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 05:01 AM
Woohoo Lleyton. And Clement is usually OK on rebound ace - indeed didn't he make a final a few years ago?

Danni
01-15-2004, 05:32 AM
Stupid Clement won the second set! :( 6-4

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 05:54 AM
Lleeeeeyton, the idea is to begin well and then STAY IN FRONT.

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 06:14 AM
Hooray! Congratulations Lleyton! And people, get this - apparently he was cranky and screaming and throwing his racquet. I never thought I'd say that was a good thing but actually I think it's great - he really, really wants to win again! HOORAY! Good luck in the semis tomorrow Lleyton!

Danni
01-15-2004, 06:50 AM
Well Done Lleyts :worship: And he was pretty cranky at times, he kept yelling at himself :o

tournesol
01-15-2004, 10:06 AM
congrats LL :clap2: :bigclap: :clap2:

Angele
01-15-2004, 11:52 AM
Anybody here?

Angele
01-15-2004, 11:53 AM
Hooray! Congratulations Lleyton! And people, get this - apparently he was cranky and screaming and throwing his racquet. I never thought I'd say that was a good thing but actually I think it's great - he really, really wants to win again! HOORAY! Good luck in the semis tomorrow Lleyton!
:hearts: :hearts:

Well done Lley :yeah: :worship:

Angele
01-15-2004, 11:54 AM
For whoever had coverage, was Kim there?? No pictures of her and no mention that she was there :confused:

Angele
01-15-2004, 12:06 PM
I've just been to CCL and they didn't show Kim throughout the entire match but somebody claims she was there :confused: Dunno how they know, they didn't saw. One person said they watched the match and they showed Els and Marc but no Kim with them :scratch:

tournesol
01-15-2004, 12:29 PM
:wavey: still around miss busty?

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 01:42 PM
I LOVE IT when Lleyton throws a temper tantrum :hearts:

tournesol
01-15-2004, 02:04 PM
:wavey: anyone?

Angele
01-15-2004, 02:52 PM
Anybody here?

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 03:09 PM

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 03:11 PM

Great sign! Thanks for reporting :kiss: I hope the hunger & fire is back as we had so many false dawns last season.

Angele
01-15-2004, 03:11 PM
Hey Hootie :wavey: How are ya? :p

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 03:17 PM
I'm fine, how 'bout you Busty :p I had a good deal of retail therapy yesterday and this morning spending money that I don't have :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 03:19 PM
I'm good but bored :p After a week these morning shows have become quit boring :ras:

Shopping is fun, money or no money :cool:

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 03:25 PM
lmao :p I don't know if you have seen it, but we've just got the Sharon Osbourne show over here :o :p What about work, did you get another job after you quit your previous slave labour job :p

Yes, indeed :p But, looking @ my account balance afterwards sucks :p

Got coverage of Sydney/the women's side. I flicked it over and you know who was playing, so I just changed the channel :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 03:31 PM
Sharon Osbourne is so good :haha: We get it over here. She is hilarious, I love it :D

Haven't gotten another job yet :o I'd like to get something just for the summer but I have no idea what :o

Ah but a cute new shirt is worth a bad bank account ;)

I'm tennis coverage starved but I too would of turned the channel lol

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 03:41 PM
I've only seen one ep so far. She had that Monique woman from 'The Parkers' she was hillarious :haha: She's written a book about how skinny women are evil :lol: 'They skinny because they hungry' :haha:

Summer job will come in handy :cool: I've started a new job @ Heathrow airport, but it took about 7 weeks to get a criminal conviction clearance because of the threat of terrorism now etc :rolleyes:

True ;) I need to save some money though, just incase by some miracle I get tickets for Wimbledon through the ballot :o

Exactly ;) Heard about her injury scare :yawn:

Angele
01-15-2004, 03:48 PM
Monique is great, she's one of the best guests that's been on the show. They shouldn't of started you guys off with the best :p The shows are always great though. Yesterday Sharon was talking about how some prince from god knows where wanted to date Kelly and she was like you ain't getting anywhere near my daughter you old perverted thing :p

7 weeks? :eek: That's a long time for a job to start :( I'm sure working in an airport will be cool though :cool: What do you do there?

Are Wimbledon tickets expensive? :unsure: I'm sure somebody will loan you money if you don't have any for tickets!

Justine needs to get a grip :rolleyes: Seriously, how many times does she take injury time-outs? It's like every tournament she does it at least once :(

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I heard about that Prince that wanted to date Kelly :lol: Justin Trousersnake was the first guest, so that put me off 'coz he gets on my bloody nerves :p

Yeah, just working on the cabin crew cleaning the planes and stuff, getting things in order before the passengers go on. The induction was so :yawn: Video after video :yawn: There was one video where they showed a guy getting sucked into one of the plane's engines :tape: :eek:

The ground passes are not expensive, but tickets for Centre No.1 & 2 etc are quite expensive. But, I applied for the ballot where the pick names at random from a draw and they allocate tickets to the main 3 courts whether it be quarter finals, semis or finals! I know a few people on the board that have got tickets from there, so I thought I'd try ;) They'll let people know whether they have been chosen in Feb. But, I'm going again for sure :D

Yeah, it is tiresome but what can you do. :shrug:

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 03:56 PM
I have to be off to pick up my sis from school. Speak to you later :kiss: :wavey:

Angele
01-15-2004, 03:57 PM
Cya later Cilla :wavey:

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 04:29 PM
Why does Wimbly do that queue (sp?) thing? :confused: That's gotta be really annoying..not being able to buy tickets in advance. I wouldn't want to wait my ass outside in probably rainy weather :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 04:30 PM
:wavey: Ileana! How are ya?

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 04:31 PM
:wavey: Ileana! How are ya?

Dude..do I look like Hootie :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 04:32 PM
curses you changed it :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 04:32 PM
curses you changed it :p
:nerner:

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 04:35 PM
Would you line up for tickets?..I think I'd be too lazy :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Erm, I dunno if I'd line up for tickets? :shrug: If I could I probably would!

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Is Wimbledon that only slam that does that? I know for sure the US Open doesn't.

Angele
01-15-2004, 04:41 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=99663

Angele
01-15-2004, 04:42 PM
Is Wimbledon that only slam that does that? I know for sure the US Open doesn't.
Yeah I think Wimbledon is the one tournament that does that... I have no idea why, it's a bit :confused:

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 04:46 PM
yeah they complain as much as they want..Kim still gets to withdraw when ever she pleases :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 04:48 PM
My favorite is the Willies fans complaining that Kim gets a Tuesday start when Serena asked for one in the past and they said no.

TheBoiledEgg clearly explained why that happened for Serena..and some were still complaining :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 04:49 PM
yeah they complain as much as they want..Kim still gets to withdraw when ever she pleases :p
Two things kind of piss me off about the whole thing... one is that people are all pissed at Kim when hasn't done anything. For all we know she said thanks but no thanks to Paul's offer and plans to decide before play starts. Another thing is that people don't seem to understand why they're willing to do this for Kim. I mean I don't like Serena but if the same thing was happening at the USO I'd at least understand why it's happening.

Angele
01-15-2004, 04:50 PM
My favorite is the Willies fans complaining that Kim gets a Tuesday start when Serena asked for one in the past and they said no.

TheBoiledEgg clearly explained why that happened for Serena..and some were still complaining :p
I just feeling like going :nerner: people like Kim more :p

edit: Even though that's not totally the case, there are real reasons but being childish about it would be so much more fun lol

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 04:56 PM
haha :p

Certain things get me..and certains things don't. This situation fortunatly is one of those that doesn't really bother me.

Angele
01-15-2004, 05:00 PM
This bothers me a little but not enough to get all upset about it :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 05:02 PM
When does the draw come out?

I'd say if she doesn't pull out before the draw is made I would say she's probably going to give it a shot.

If she does go for it though..I wouldn't be surprised to see her go down in round 1 or 2 :o :lol:

As far as we know she's only had a 20 minute hit in about a week and a half :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 05:08 PM
According to http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/draws/ws/index.html January 18th so Sunday... that would mean Kim still has a couple of days to make her decision. And I think she will decide before the draw is out. If her ankle isn't better after a week and a half, I don't think another 2 days is gonna make a difference. If she's in the draw, I think she'll play. You might not be far off about her losing early though :o But who knows, Kim could come out and surprise us all... wouldn't that be great :D

Angele
01-15-2004, 05:10 PM
The worse thing for us is that we have no idea who Kim's ankle is, she hasn't said anything since she withdrew from Sydney. If she and Lleyton's roles were reversed half of Kim's Sidney press conferece questions would be about Lleyton and how he's doing but of course Lley doesn't get those questions :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 05:18 PM
Yeah I know..it's frustrating not knowing what's going on anymore :(

I'm pretty sure she hasn't practiced though..cause if she had the media would've been all over it.

To me that's not a very positive sign..

Angele
01-15-2004, 05:21 PM
I wonder if she's been doing anything at all? Like light jogging or running on a treadmill :confused: You're right though, if she was practising somebody would of gotten ahold of that information. I don't think it's looking too good for Kim to be able play :sad:

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 05:24 PM
I would imagine she's doing treadmill stuff..I just don't know. It's really hard to speculate when you've got no real info.

Angele
01-15-2004, 05:28 PM
I hope we get some info soon, it's so frustrating to have no idea what's going on. Some reports make it sound like Kim's thisclose to being out for months but then others say it's almost a day to day thing :shrug:

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 05:33 PM
The only reason I'd be inclined to think it's day to day is that if she thought it wasn't..she probably would've pulled out by now.

I mean this tournament is starting in 3 days!

Angele
01-15-2004, 05:37 PM
The only reason I'd be inclined to think it's day to day is that if she thought it wasn't..she probably would've pulled out by now.

I mean this tournament is starting in 3 days!
Yeah I think that's right. I mean if there was no chance that she could possibly play, she would of pulled out already. And I'm sure a ton of doctors and specialists are working with Kim and having a look at her x-rays and scan. If they think there's a chance she can play then there must be a chance she can play.

Angele
01-15-2004, 05:44 PM
I think the draw is actually coming out tomorrow :o Oops :tape: I went to the AO forum at wtaworld and people are discussing the draw as if it's coming out tomorrow :confused:

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 05:45 PM
I think the draw is actually coming out tomorrow :o Oops :tape: I went to the AO forum at wtaworld and people are discussing the draw as if it's coming out tomorrow :confused:

That means we might get our answer tonight..

Angele
01-15-2004, 05:46 PM
That means we might get our answer tonight..
What do you think is gonna happen?

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 05:50 PM
What do you think is gonna happen?

My head will pop :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 05:52 PM
My head will pop :p
Are you staying up for the draw? I think it'll be at about 11:30 your time according to somebody at wtaworld.

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 05:54 PM
Yeah I could do that ;)

To answer your question..I honestly don't see her playing..but stranger things have happened :shrug:

Angele
01-15-2004, 05:57 PM
It'll be an hour later for me but I think I'll stay up to least see if her name is in the draw!

I don't see her playing either. I'm not a doctor and I don't know all the details but if she can't even practice now, I can't imagine that she'd be able to play on tuesday.

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 06:00 PM
Well if she does withdraw before then there will be a ton of articles about it. I'm sure we won't be kept in the dark :p

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 06:01 PM
Any of y'all watching the new season of The Real World? :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 06:02 PM
Well if she does withdraw before then there will be a ton of articles about it. I'm sure we won't be kept in the dark :p
If she does withdraw I think there will be a press conference and they'll probably show it on aussie tv!

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 06:03 PM
Summer job will come in handy :cool: I've started a new job @ Heathrow airport, but it took about 7 weeks to get a criminal conviction clearance because of the threat of terrorism now etc :rolleyes:

Little do the authorities know that you are a BBB, capable of bringing down the entire airport with a bobby pin and a stick of chewing gum! :p

I need a job. But I have no skills :p

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Justine needs to get a grip :rolleyes: Seriously, how many times does she take injury time-outs? It's like every tournament she does it at least once :(

Ezel's got issues.

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 06:07 PM
Also referring to that decision, world number five Lindsay Davenport said, "Yeah, he must have been pretty hammered."

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 06:08 PM
Little do the authorities know that you are a BBB, capable of bringing down the entire airport with a bobby pin and a stick of chewing gum! :p

I need a job. But I have no skills :p

Sarcasm not going over too well on the resume :p

ok you can hit me for that one :o

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 06:09 PM
Wie's Undeniable Potential Will Be Tested

By Doug Ferguson, AP

HONOLULU (Jan. 14) -- PGA Tour players at the World Series of Golf used to gather around the TV after their rounds and watch a teenager named Tiger Woods compete in the U.S. Amateur.

The talent was awesome. His power was breathtaking.

The potential was unlimited.

No one knew how good he was going to be, or how long it would take him to win. But they saw him coming.

Just like Michelle Wie.

"Everything that you guys have been writing about her is pretty much true," Ernie Els said after playing a practice round at Waialae Country Club with the 14-year-old prodigy.

Tim Herron saw it two years ago when Wie played in the Sony Open pro-am and hit it just as long.

Vijay Singh saw it last year during the Pro-Junior Challenge at Waialae. He could not believe such a pure swing belonged to a such a young girl. "She's going to be a star," Singh said that day.

Few would have expected her to be playing on the tour so soon.

Wie, a ninth-grader at nearby Ponahou School, is playing Thursday in the Sony Open on a sponsor's exemption. She is believed to be the youngest ever to play on the tour.

"She's playing on the PGA Tour and she still needs adult supervision to drive a golf cart," Paul Azinger said, shaking his head after playing with Wie in the six-hole Pro-Junior.

Azinger said Wie reminds him of Woods, for no other reason than the hype.

Word started spreading in Hawaii when Wie shot 64 at Olomana Golf Links at age 10 and qualified for the match-play portion of the U.S. Women's Amateur Public Links.

A year later, she beat U.S. Women's Open champion Hilary Lunke to advance to the third round of the Public Links, and in June won the Public Links at age 13, the youngest player to ever win a USGA event for adults.

She qualified for an LPGA Tour event when she was 12 (missed the cut), but last year made six cuts in seven LPGA events, including two majors.

The victories aren't piling up -- the Public Links is her only big trophy -- but the legend continues to grow.

"I never saw Tiger when he was little," Azinger said. "But I knew about him. Her potential is undeniable."

Players figure to learn a little more about Wie over the next two days at Waialae Country Club.

Els is the defending champion, winning on the second hole of a playoff last year when he holed a 55-foot putt from just on the fringe to beat Aaron Baddeley.

The field is strong, with seven of the top 10 players from the money list last year.

Wie has high hopes.

"I really want to make the cut, not matter what," she said. "There was this poll that 70 percent think I'm going to miss the cut. So if I miss the cut, no one is going to be sad."

Annika Sorenstam missed the cut by five shots at the Colonial last year, where she was the first woman in 58 years to compete on the tour. Connecticut club pro Suzy Whaley missed the cut by 13 shots at the Greater Hartford Open.

No one is sure what to expect from Wie -- especially after Els played with her.

"I think Michelle, a lot of what she did today reminds me a lot of what Tiger used to do," Els said. "As a woman golfer, she's going to take it to the next level."

Els and Wie -- the Big Easy and the Big Wiesy -- didn't play a match during their practice round, but Els said she shot 3 under on the front nine. "It would have been a good match," Els said with a smile.

Imagine what happens when Wie plays against girls her own age.

Well, that's where the record gets interesting.

Wie played in the final group of the Kraft Nabisco Championship last year, but couldn't get out of the first round at the U.S. Women's Amateur. She has won only one significant trophy (Public Links last year), leading some to question whether she's taking on too much too soon.

"Certainly, she's an incredibly talented player," Davis Love III said. "I just hope she doesn't run herself around too much before she learns where she's going with her game.

"I just look at Ty Tryon. He had a couple of good tournaments and he got billed as the next Tiger Woods. It was very hard for him. Sometimes, it's easier if you work your way up little by little."

Tryon was the youngest player to earn his tour card through Q-school, at age 17. He never came close to keeping his card, and last year didn't make it back to the finals of qualifying.

Wie also wants to play on the tour, a scenario Els never would have imagined until he played with her.

"Ten years ago, you would never have thought that a girl or a woman would ever have the opportunity -- or even the talent -- to play with us," Els said. "Give her another couple of years to get stronger. She can play on this tour."

01/14/04 18:13 EST

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 06:11 PM
Sarcasm not going over too well on the resume :p

ok you can hit me for that one :o

Why would I hit you when you're correct? :p Seriously, like, I'm good at coming up with witty remarks and stuff, but as for actually DOING things? Not so much :p

My Unrealistic Dream Job is to write a comic book :p My Realistic Dream Job is to work in some really fancy hotel in Las Vegas :p You can actually major in motel/hotel management.

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 06:13 PM
Why would I hit you when you're correct? :p Seriously, like, I'm good at coming up with witty remarks and stuff, but as for actually DOING things? Not so much :p

My Unrealistic Dream Job is to write a comic book :p My Realistic Dream Job is to work in some really fancy hotel in Las Vegas :p You can actually major in motel/hotel management.

Yeah I know one of my cousins took hotel management :) then she changed her mind and decided to be part of the Coast Guard :scratch:

Angele
01-15-2004, 06:14 PM
Hello Lusty darlin' :p

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 06:14 PM
Well, I don't like beaches, water, or sun, so I don't think that's the career for me :p

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 06:15 PM
Hello Lusty darlin' :p

My dear Busty! It's been so long *air kisses* :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 06:17 PM
aww feel the love :angel:

Angele
01-15-2004, 06:18 PM
aww feel the love :angel:
I hope your not jealous Chesty :p

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 06:19 PM
Caaaaaaaaaaaaan you feeeeeeeeeeel the loooooooooove toniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 06:20 PM
I hope your not jealous Chesty :p

nah Chesty flies solo :p