The "So You're Saying It's A Party In Your Pants." Thread 01 [Archive] - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

The "So You're Saying It's A Party In Your Pants." Thread 01

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

dagmar7
01-09-2004, 03:53 PM
So cold...why? :shrug:

Okay, I'll stop the Canadian bitching about the weather thing...:D

Earlier, I posted that Jen Cap was out of the open, but I was thoughtlessly repeating wtaworld gossip and this might not be true at all--oops, sorry. It was from a bizarre article in le soir that said she wouldn't compete b/c she was afraid the Aus. media would make fun of her weight.

There are a lot of upsetting rumours floating around, including one about Mary Pierce's retirement.:mad:

I just don't know what to believe.:confused:

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 03:57 PM
You don't have to have surgery if you chip a bone. I've never had surgery on my ankle, and I first chipped it when I was 6 :p

dagmar7
01-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Sound medical insight from Dr. Marly...:D

If it is a bone chip--and I'm not sure that this info. is accurate as the same article says that they will have to wait for the swelling to subside to determine the problem--then Kim may have played with it for a long time and just 'felt it' during her match with Molik.

By all accounts, she didn't turn her ankle or fall during the match though, so the scenario does make sense.

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 04:05 PM
I already thought of that ;) but as Dagmar mentioned that sort of thing never works :p with my luck I'll start cheering for her and she'll win :rolleyes: :o

...She already wins. I can't see how you could possibly make the situation worse :p

dagmar7
01-09-2004, 04:09 PM
...She already wins. I can't see how you could possibly make the situation worse :p

I'm not sure I'm prepared for Ileana with the 'Allez Ju-Ju' banner at the next Rogers tournament, but stranger things have happened.:p

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 04:10 PM

Good point :p

Apparently Kim said it started to hurt in the second set and got worst till it was very bad in the third..that actually makes me feel a bit better cause it explains her performance a little more.

I don't know what to believe is wrong with Kim anymore :scratch: :confused:

:dance: I'm digging for fire :dance:

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 04:10 PM
Sound medical insight from Dr. Marly...:D

Not for nothing did I graduate high school :p

If it is a bone chip--and I'm not sure that this info. is accurate as the same article says that they will have to wait for the swelling to subside to determine the problem--then Kim may have played with it for a long time and just 'felt it' during her match with Molik.

By all accounts, she didn't turn her ankle or fall during the match though, so the scenario does make sense.

If it is a bone chip, you can't tell 'til you've had x-rays, which I'm not sure she's had, given the swelling and all. At least, you had to have x-rays to see back in 1993; I suppose things may've changed since then :p

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 04:11 PM
I'm not sure I'm prepared for Ileana with the 'Allez Ju-Ju' banner at the next Rogers tournament, but stranger things have happened.:p

:o Trust me..I'm not ready for that either :p

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 04:13 PM
No one knows what's wrong with Kim :p

I'm panning for wind :p

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 04:14 PM

That's right, she'd have to quit referring to Ezel as Ezel. That's no fun :p

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 04:16 PM
No one knows what's wrong with Kim :p

I'm panning for wind :p

Seriously..she's had at least 4 things wrong with her already :o

sorry I'm just listening to a song ..lol creative response though :p

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 04:18 PM
4 things already? I've been out of touch :p

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 04:20 PM
4 things already? I've been out of touch :p

Originally it was an achilles thing, then we had bone bruise..followed by ankle joint sprain and now it's bone chip :confused:

As far as I know..the bone bruise and ankle joint sprain are the problems.

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 04:21 PM
Pete Rose annoys me.

Rose Surprised at Initial Reaction to Book
Says People Aren't Being Fair; Wants to Be Reinstated, Work in Baseball
By RONALD BLUM, AP SPORTS

NEW YORK (Jan. 8) -- Pete Rose is an angry man.

He feels he's done his part, confessed that he bet on baseball. But instead of absolution, he keeps hearing more condemnation: His apology came too late, was insincere, upstaged the Hall of Fame and brought him more money.

"Now you're coming clean, and it's not good enough," he said Thursday during a 30-minute interview with the Associated Press. "It's not right. So how can I win? How can I win if people aren't going to be fair with me?"

Now 62, his hair thinner and his tummy chubbier, Charlie Hustle craves a full, free and unconditional pardon from baseball commissioner Bud Selig. He wants to get into the Hall of Fame -- but what he really wants is the chance to manage a major league team again.

Rose says a reinstatement with restrictions would be unfair.

"I don't know if they would ever say, 'We'll reinstate you but you can't work in baseball.' I don't think that's the American way, I really don't," Rose said.

He alternated between pleas for forgiveness and the cockiness he made famous during a record-setting playing career that stretched from 1963 to 1986. Wearing a bright red pullover in a suite at a Manhattan hotel, he sat back and reflected, leaned forward and vented.

In his second autobiography, 'Pete Rose: My Prison Without Bars,' he finally confessed that he bet on the Cincinnati Reds while he managed the team in the late 1980s, baseball's capital crime, one that led to the lifetime ban he agreed to in 1989.

Rose had hoped the release of the book Thursday would be end of the end of the public debate over whether he deserved a second chance. He would be the first person on the permanent ineligible list to ever gain reinstatement.

Instead, initial reaction to excerpts published by Sports Illustrated earlier this week was largely negative. Hall of Fame vice chairman Joe Morgan, his former Reds teammate, condemned the commercial aspect of the confession and saw no contrition.

"I'm kind of surprised that people are jumping the gun before they read the book," Rose said. "I thought I was remorseful when I needed to be remorseful in here. And I must tell you that it's hard to be remorseful on paper. You know, talking to you or talking into a camera, it's a lot easier to be remorseful because you can look at me and hear my tone and things like that."

He professes to understand Selig's plight. Rose admitted to Selig in November 2002 that he bet on baseball. And while the commissioner, according to his aides, appreciates Rose's popularity with fans, he also wonders whether to fear another foulup by the career hits leader, whose dark side was exposed to the public during that sordid summer of 1989.

"I understand that Bud has to be 150 percent sure, because he can't take a chance of being embarrassed," Rose said. "His reputation's at stake... I don't think anything in that book is going to make him feel less about me than when he woke up this morning."

But just a few minutes later, he balks when asked how he would respond if baseball asked him to stop his legal betting at racetracks as a prerequisite for a return.

"I would do anything they say," he repeats several times, "but they also have to understand one of my means of entertainment is periodically going to the races."

Dr. J. Randolph Hillard, chairman of the psychiatry department at the University of Cincinnati, saw Rose shortly after the ban began and concluded that he had a "clinically significant gambling disorder" and should never gamble on anything.

Rose initially supported Hillard, then changed his mind. He says his gambling now is completely legal and only periodic.

He tries to avoid discussion of details of the gambling that led to his outlaw status. He won't address claims by his former associates that he placed bets from the clubhouse -- a charge he denied in the book -- and denied accusations that he refused to bet on the Reds when pitchers Mario Soto or Bill Gullickson started.

"I'm here to tell you that I bet on baseball, and who cares if I bet on so and so," he said.

Morgan and others said Rose should have made his admission at a news conference, not in a for-profit venture.

"I didn't do this book for money, I did the book to explain myself," is Rose's response. "The people who don't like it will say, 'You're selling your confession.' I confessed 14 months ago."

And he brushes aside the anger from people who were upset the book came out this week, taking attention away from the election of Paul Molitor and Dennis Eckersley to the Hall of Fame. Rose said the publication date was set by the publisher and that if details of the book hadn't leaked out in advance, everything would have been OK.

"It seems like no matter what I do, it's wrong," he said. "I mean, if I waited 'til March, I'd have been interfering with spring training. If I waited 'til the All-Star Game, I'm trying to take away from the All-Star Game?"

He hopes all the controversy won't hurt his chances for the Hall of Fame, if he ever becomes eligible on the ballot. He doesn't think the voters will hold it against him.

"The writers are fair," he said. "They are some writers that won't vote for anybody."

At times, it seems like the his primary comfort is the fans, the ones who cheered as he got a record 4,256 hits, the ones who cheered him during on-field appearances at the World Series in 1999 and 2002.

He can recite accomplishments and recollections of old feats as if they occurred yesterday. The confidence is still there, the hunger to achieve, the willpower he thinks that can carry through any trouble.

But the ban and the five-month prison term he served on tax charges did pierce that tough Ohio armor in one unexpected way.

"I'm not the same guy today as I was 15 years ago," he said. "You know, I hug my kids and my boys now. And I kiss my boys, I tell them I love them.

"You know," he said, "I was a tough guy."

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally it was an achilles thing, then we had bone bruise..followed by ankle joint sprain and now it's bone chip :confused:

As far as I know..the bone bruise and ankle joint sprain are the problems.

Ah, comprende. I thought perhaps she'd had four, real separate injuries since November that I'd missed :p

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 04:25 PM
So what happens when you chip a bone? :confused:

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Well, you see, this small sliver of bone somehow becomes separated from the main bone itself...and that's all I know :p If it's not like a really big chip, it like disentegrates back into your body or something.

I guess a really big chip would just be a shattered bone, which obviously requires some sort of setting or surgery :p

dagmar7
01-09-2004, 04:28 PM
I don't even know what a 'bone bruise' is.:o

I believe that Pete Rose has a gambling disorder and I believe he should be in the hall of fame, but waiting fifteen or so years to tell the truth, meanwhile slandering everyone who accused him of gambling by calling them liars??...he shouldn't work in the sport again, certainly not at the major league level. I also think it's fair if the gambling is mentioned on his plaque in the HoF, should he be lucky enough to receive one.

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Well, you see, this small sliver of bone somehow becomes separated from the main bone itself...and that's all I know :p If it's not like a really big chip, it like disentegrates back into your body or something.

I guess a really big chip would just be a shattered bone, which obviously requires some sort of setting or surgery :p

oh option A would be good ;)

Thanks for your professional opinion doctor :p

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 04:36 PM
A bone bruise is just a normal bruise that's gone much deeper than usual. My sister used to get them on her hips all the time when she would hit the hardwood trying to dig up a volleyball :p

Pete Rose just bothers me. I don't have a problem with him getting into the Hall of Fame--betting notwithstanding, he did get all those hits--but he shouldn't be allowed to manage again. Actions have repercussions, and he has no one to blame but himself for not getting what he wants.

Thanks for your professional opinion doctor :p

Yes, well, that is my duty as a caregiver and possessor of medical knowledge, blather blather blather blah...:p

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 04:40 PM
I don't even know what a 'bone bruise' is.:o

I believe that Pete Rose has a gambling disorder and I believe he should be in the hall of fame, but waiting fifteen or so years to tell the truth, meanwhile slandering everyone who accused him of gambling by calling them liars??...he shouldn't work in the sport again, certainly not at the major league level. I also think it's fair if the gambling is mentioned on his plaque in the HoF, should he be lucky enough to receive one.

Basically when you hit your bone against something hard you can cause small fractures on the outside layer of the bone..that's what a bone bruise.

You body treats it like a fracture..it removes the damaged area and then rebuilds. It's a little body contruction crew :angel: :p

However this is where the problem comes in..if you don't allow it to heal completely and damage the area again..your body starts the process all over again. So you're never really getting better till it's completely healed..i'm worried Kim will push it cause she wants to play the AO.

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Dunno 'bout y'all, but I hadn't seen this yet.

Rusedski Fails Drug Test

Greg Rusedski confirmed he has tested positive for the banned drug nandrolone, but insists he has never knowingly taken a performance-enhancing drug.

"In response to media inquiries, I can confirm that I have been advised by the ATP anti-doping administrator that a sample I provided tested positive for a low concentration of nandrolone metabolites," Rusedski said in a statement issued Thursday evening. "I wish to make it clear that I do not and never have taken performance-enhancing drugs."

The 30-year-old Montreal-born British citizen will state his case before a tribunal hearing in Montreal on February 9th. Rusedski, who faces a suspension from the sport, is eligible to compete on the ATP Tour pending the outcome of his hearing.

The lethal-serving lefty, who shares the record with Andy Roddick for fastest recorded serve (149 mph), is expected to play next week's adidas International in Sydney in preparation for the Australian Open, which starts on January 19th.

"This is a very complex situation which once understood will clearly demonstrate my total innocence," the 1997 U.S. Open runner-up said. "I fully expect to be found innocent."

Last July, the ATP admitted that seven players who tested positive for nandrolone may have ingested the banned substance through contaminated tablets inadvertently supplied by ATP Tour trainers.

As a result of the finding, the ATP announced it immediately reinstated Bohdan Ulihrach, who was suspended from professional tennis for two years in May, fined $43,770 and forced to forfeit 100 ranking after testing positive for nandrolone — the same banned steroid that appeared in Rusedski's sample.

The positive result occurred on October 3rd when Ulihrach was playing in the Kremlin Cup in Moscow. In appealing his suspension, Ulihrach attributed the positive test to one of two factors: either his body produced a high level of the substance or he unknowingly ingested it in a sports supplement drink.

An ATP tribunal convened at Ulihrach's request, found he committed a doping violation and upheld the two-year suspension. A subsequent study showed Ulihrach had taken the electrolyte tablets during and just preceding the Moscow tournament and that the tablets, which contained traces of nandrolone, were administered by a tour trainer.

www.tennisweek.com

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 04:46 PM
Yeah we saw it ;) Cilla is distressed about it :sad:

Apparently the British all are like 'Go back to Canada!' :o :p

dagmar7
01-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Thanks for answering my question, both of you...so a 'bone bruise' is sort of a surface fracture, and therefore would involve some small bone chips etc. That doesn't sound too bad, but I really don't know.

Yeah, we were talking about Greg's test a couple of pages back.

I'm a bit :confused: as to how they know Greg wasn't one of the 'tainted drink' positive tests that forced the atp to repeal Ulihrach's suspension. Why are there seven positive tests that are an accident and then Greg's, which is made public?

Also, one article I read said that both Chela and Coria had positive test results for banned substances in the past two years, but nobody seems to mention this or care.

:confused:

The tennis season is off to a freaky start.:unsure:

Knockers LaBroad
01-09-2004, 04:51 PM
:wavey:

Well... it can only get better!:angel:

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 04:54 PM
Poor BBB.

Chela and Coria, I believe, both paid fines and served out their suspensions. Maybe their cases are too boring and straightforward to mention :p

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 04:55 PM
Thanks for answering my question, both of you...so a 'bone bruise' is sort of a surface fracture, and therefore would involve some small bone chips etc. That doesn't sound too bad, but I really don't know.

Yeah, we were talking about Greg's test a couple of pages back.

I'm a bit :confused: as to how they know Greg wasn't one of the 'tainted drink' positive tests that forced the atp to repeal Ulihrach's suspension. Why are there seven positive tests that are an accident and then Greg's, which is made public?

Also, one article I read said that both Chela and Coria had positive test results for banned substances in the past two years, but nobody seems to mention this or care.

:confused:

The tennis season is off to a freaky start.:unsure:

Yeah a surface frature basically..I don't think it would involve a bone chip..as far as I know those would be separate injuries :confused: As for the bone bruise it just depends the extend of it as to how long to heal. Fila's got some explaning to do about their shoes lol :p

As far as I know Coria did his time so to speak..they were talking about that at the Aus last year. I don't know about Chela.

freaky is right :unsure:

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 04:57 PM

Well... it can only get better!:angel:

Hey Elke :wavey:

lol seriously it can't get much worse..or can it? :scared: :unsure:

To complete the freaky start I'll be cheering for Justine :o :p I'll have you know it goes against ever fiber in my body though :angel:

dagmar7
01-09-2004, 05:03 PM
:wavey: Elke, bringing some cheer, I see.

Well, it's not that bad.

I really don't think the injury to Kim is that serious--no facts, just a guess. I wouldn't be shocked if she decides to play the Adidas tournament, in fact.

Okay, I do remember something about that--it seems the public is very forgiving though, because Coria is always presented as a darling innocent, maybe b/c he looks like he's fourteen and can't speak any english.

Knockers LaBroad
01-09-2004, 05:06 PM
IT can get worse, don't get me started.;):p

Hope Kim will make the right decision, if sh's playing injured, she can jeopardise her whole season. But OTOH, AO is THE goal this year....
And if she can't participate, at least she knows she did everything to get better, and there are still 3 other slams....:o

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Wasn't Coria giving the banned substance by an ATP trainer or something? :scratch:

Knockers LaBroad
01-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Coria must be the least favored player in the lockerrooms, acc to Belgian DC-captain Steven Martens.
Together with Ollie, he's one of the 'bad boys'

I really don't think she'll play Adidas, not taking ANY risk.

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 05:13 PM
Weeeeell, have we seen this one? :p

Rusedski Claims ATP May Be Cause Of Positive Drug Test

By Richard Pagliaro
01/11/2004

Greg Rusedski insists he is innocent, but believes the ATP may be guilty. Rusedski, who admitted testing positive for the banned drug nandrolone, said today 47 players have exhibited "elevated levels" of the steroid and suggests the ATP Tour may be responsible for
the results.

Characterizing the plethora of positive tests as "one of the biggest scandals to surface in world sport... and is unique to tennis," the 1997 U.S. Open runner-up said the odds of 47 of the world's top 120 players showing elevated levels of nandrolone are astronomical.

"Drug-taking is not rife in tennis and something here is very wrong," Rusedski said in a statement released from Sydney where he plans to play in next week's adidas International as a tune-up tournament for the Australian Open. "We now have over 47 samples (out of 120 top players tested) demonstrating elevated levels of nandrolone. The odds of this happening at random are billions to one against. Potentially nearly half of the (ATP) Tour could have demonstrated elevated levels of nandrolone. The only explanation the ATP has been able to find for this is that they themselves caused it. I am sure in my own mind that all the players concerned are innocent."

ATP officials told Tennis Week the Tour will issue a statement shortly.

The 30-year-old Montreal-born British citizen, who insists he has never knowingly taken a performance-enhancing drug, will state his case before a tribunal hearing in Montreal on February 9th. Rusedski, who faces a suspension from the sport, is eligible to compete on the ATP Tour pending the outcome of his hearing.

"I have diligently kept a record of every vitamin and supplement that I have ever consumed throughout my career," Rusedski said. "At great personal cost, I arranged for all of the mineral supplements and electrolytes that I used to be analyzed to see if they could be the cause. They were all clean."

Rusedski's remarks are intriguing in light of recent cases in which other players have proclaimed their innocence after testing positive for nandrolone.

Last July, the ATP admitted that seven players who tested positive for nandrolone during a period from late August 2002 to mid-May 2003 may have ingested the banned substance through contaminated tablets inadvertently supplied by ATP Tour trainers. As a result of the finding, the ATP announced it immediately reinstated Bohdan Ulihrach, who was suspended from professional tennis for two years on May 2nd, fined $43,770 and forced to forfeit 100 ranking after testing positive for nandrolone metabolites above the IOC-cutoff of 2.0 ng.ml for males that determines whether a sample is positive.

It was also determined that at least 36 additional samples registered nandrolone metabolites so low they were below the IOC cutoff limit.

The positive result occurred on October 3rd when Ulihrach was playing in the Kremlin Cup in Moscow. In appealing his suspension, Ulihrach attributed the positive test to one of two factors: either his body produced a high level of the substance or he unknowingly ingested it in a sports supplement drink. An ATP tribunal convened at Ulihrach's request, found he committed a doping violation and upheld the two-year suspension. A subsequent study showed Ulihrach had taken the electrolyte tablets during and just preceding the Moscow tournament and that the tablets, which contained traces of nandrolone, were administered by a tour trainer.

During a routine test at the ATP event in Barcelona in April of 2001, Guillermo Coria tested positive for metabolites of nandrolone. As a result of the finding, Coria served a six-month suspension and forfeited ranking points and a total of $98,565 in prize money.

The then 19-year-old Coria consumed the banned substance in a contaminated nutritional supplement. The Argentine proved to the deciding tribunal that (1) the source of Nandrolone was a commercially available nutritional supplement contaminated at the point of manufacture, one not labeled to contain a banned substance among its ingredients nor marketed as such; (2) he was completely unaware that the supplement was contaminated with a banned substance; and (3) he acted reasonably to fully abide by the Tennis Anti-Doping Program rules. As a result the ruling against him is labeled a doping offense but with Exceptional Circumstances.

Upon learning of the tribunal's decision, Coria commented, "I am devastated by this penalty, which I consider too harsh in light of the fact that I proved to the tribunal that I did everything possible to abide by our anti-doping rules. I have not and would never take banned substances to enhance performance. Prior to taking this multivitamin, I reviewed the label's ingredients and discussed the use of the product with my physician, a highly reputable tennis and Olympic expert who knows the anti-doping rules. That's why I was so shocked when I tested positive."

dagmar7
01-09-2004, 05:21 PM
No I haven't Marly--that's a good one.

I feel that Greg is being made into the fall guy a bit...
You know, big, rude, no longer a top player, said those things about Pete Sampras ;)...it's okay to drag his name through the mud.

At the same time, we have all these other players with elevated levels that we never hear about. And if Coria was exonerated then why the fine and the suspension? Why doesn't he sue their sorry atp asses?

There's something really peculiar happening on that tour...but why would they dope their own players? To make them more aggressive? To provide blackmail material in case they want to use it?...the last seems the most logical...

:bolt:

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 05:23 PM
What I wonder about is why Greg's name is out. I mean, we never heard the names of the Mysterious Seven whom the ATP accidentally doped :rolleyes: And now there are 40 some-odd other players who have apparently tested positive, but the only name tossed out to the wolves is Rusedski's? How does that work?

ETA: Any news on Ferreira's player union thingy?

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 05:24 PM
It's all an ATP conspiracy :o :aplot:

lol there is ice on the inside of my window :p I tell you -20 just isn't fair :(

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Y'all should, like, move :p Come down here to faux!Australia and enjoy our 80 degree winter days :p You can be summer Canadians :p

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 05:30 PM
FYI, my dad agrees that something suspicious is going on with the ATP :p

star
01-09-2004, 05:30 PM
The ATP has made a mess of things.

In the Olympics there is a no fault rule. Even if you didn't know you were taking a banned drug, you suffer a penalty. The reasoning being that even if you didn't know it, your performance may have been enhanced by the drug.

That could be the reason Coria got the suspension. Also I hear that he has sued the manufacturer.

The giving of the tablets is just bizarre since they were on the banned list.

So, with all of this going on, I don't know what the deal is with Greg. Even though I don't like the guy one bit, I'm withholding judgment.

dagmar7
01-09-2004, 05:33 PM
FYI, my dad agrees that something suspicious is going on with the ATP :p

That's because your dad is a smart man.

My family and all my associates are convinced.:p

Serioiusly, there are just too many bizarre situations and controversies.
Alas, the IMTA or whatever it is seems to have expired. I haven't heard much since Miami of last year.:o

dagmar7
01-09-2004, 05:34 PM
It's all an ATP conspiracy :o :aplot:

lol there is ice on the inside of my window :p I tell you -20 just isn't fair :(

It's up to -20...balmy.:)

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 05:35 PM
In the Olympics there is a no fault rule. Even if you didn't know you were taking a banned drug, you suffer a penalty. The reasoning being that even if you didn't know it, your performance may have been enhanced by the drug.

That could be the reason Coria got the suspension. .

Indeed. I can understand why it wouldn't be popular with the accidentally-wronged player, but I agree with it nonetheless.

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 05:36 PM
lol nice new title Marly :p

Heading down south sounds nice right about now..especially considering we've got like 2 months or so of this left :o

dagmar7
01-09-2004, 05:38 PM

That could be the reason Coria got the suspension. Also I hear that he has sued the manufacturer.

Yes, but if that is the tour policy, which is a sensible enough one, then the seven protected players should also get suspended.

You see what I mean? There appears to be no equity in their punishments.:o

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 05:39 PM
I'm off :wavey:

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 05:40 PM
Thanks Ileana; I consider it to be Divine Inspiration :p Apparently God is also suspicious of the ATP :p

The protected players are all Americans!

dagmar7
01-09-2004, 05:49 PM
lol at the thread title :)

Maybe they are American...we don't know. That's one possible explanation, of course.:o

:wavey: Ileana, good luck with your new career as JHH cheerleader, although I have yet to hear some convincing cheers.;)

I must work now for a bit.:o

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 05:53 PM
I'll help you out, Ileana.

Ezel, Ezel, rah rah rah! Ezel, Ezel, sis boom bah! :woohoo:

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 06:04 PM
This is a little scary: http://www.alexusjones.com/index.html

Angele
01-09-2004, 07:34 PM
:wavey: Anybody here?

Jess
01-09-2004, 07:40 PM
:wavey: Hiya Angele
How did it go at the hospital :hug:
I am once again stuck in an airport lounge :rolleyes: Hopefully not for too long though!

Angele
01-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Well where should I start... first of all I'm so :sad: :sad: :sad: at the Lleyki match not happening. Level of surprise though, not much :mad: Yet I still want to burst into tears, but I can't :sad: Which gets me to the second part of my news. As you all know I was supposed to have my operation done on the 7th but then it was pushed back to the 21st. Anyways I go up to Halifax for my pre-operation stuff anyway where a resident doctor tells me the oh so great news that my doctor forgot to tell me the last time I was there, that my jaw would be wired for 4-6 weeks :fiery: :fiery: I was SO mad. My doctor had told me otherwise, that there was no wiring of my jaw involved and that in 2 weeks I would be back to normal, so much for that :rolleyes: Anyways after being upset/crying about that for a while we leave Halifax and about 40 minutes into the trip back home, we get a phone call telling us that my operation is back on. Talk about emotional trauma. I burst into tears right there and we relunctantly turned back towards Halifax.

I got my operation done on the 7th as was originally planned and right now, I have no words to describe how horrible it is. My mouth hurts so much and they had to cut into my sinuses so my nose is all stuffed up and I'm not allowed to blow it :( I can't breathe through my mouth because it's wired shut so I'm having a really hard time breathing. At least I'm not spitting up blood anymore though. So now I can't talk or eat for the next 4 weeks. I'm so frigging upset. I can't wait til I'm back to normal and can talk to my doctor, is he ever going to get a mouth full from me :fiery: :fiery: Doctors just can't lie to you like that and think it's ok. There is a HUGE difference in between being fine in 2 weeks and no wires involved to having your mouth wired shut for 4 weeks :fiery: :fiery: And this thing with my nose means that I can't cry so I can't cry about Lleyton and Kim *sigh* I feel like strangling somebody, namely my doctor :fiery:

Jess
01-09-2004, 07:48 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Angele that's AWFUL! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
You poor thing that sounds really miserable.

Jess
01-09-2004, 07:50 PM
Lying about what was actually involved and then messing you around about when it was happening :hug: :hug:
I suppose on the bright side at least it's over with now and you can concentrate on getting better rather than having to worry about some awful thing still to happen.
I would have strong words :o with you doctor though!

Angele
01-09-2004, 07:53 PM
Well I've got an appointement with him in 4 weeks to take off these damn things holding my mouth closed so hopefully after that I'll be able to talk and believe me, he's going to get it from me :fiery: I'll probably calm down by then but right now I just want to sue his ass and right a letter of complaint to health nova scotia or the hospital or something.

Angele
01-09-2004, 07:55 PM
I don't have enough energy to read back right now... beyond the injury, is there anything else that I should know?

Jess
01-09-2004, 07:56 PM
I'm not surprised! So are you back home now - or still laid up near the hospital? I can't beleive he didn't tell you any of that before you went to the hospital!
I'd write some very stroppy letters - nothing to stop you doing that ;)

Angele
01-09-2004, 07:58 PM
No I'm back home, got back about an hour ago.

Well my parents are all against me being mean to my doctor but he so deserves it. I know that it's hard to them to see me go through this but they can't even begin to imagine what I'm going through. All this would of been bad enough had I been prepared for it but finding out a day before my operation just should not of happened. Doctors are there to give you the truth, not to lie to you in order to get you to agree to an operation.

Jess
01-09-2004, 08:00 PM
I don't have enough energy to read back right now... beyond the injury, is there anything else that I should know?

Not really: just to recap

Kim obviously injured her ankle though seems quite optimistic - on her website she's talking vaguely about playing Sydney so hopefully it'll be better in time for the A.O
Alicia also hurt her foot so Australia have withdrawn from the HC along with Belgium.

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 08:03 PM
:wavey: Ileana, good luck with your new career as JHH cheerleader, although I have yet to hear some convincing cheers.;)

http://www.naturesong.com/blog/cheerleader.gif Go Justine Go! http://www.naturesong.com/blog/cheerleader.gif

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 08:04 PM
http://stud.et.hs-wismar.de/forum/images/smiles/cheerleader.gif Go JuJu..Go JuJu http://stud.et.hs-wismar.de/forum/images/smiles/cheerleader.gif

Jess
01-09-2004, 08:07 PM
http://stud.et.hs-wismar.de/forum/images/smiles/cheerleader.gif Go JuJu..Go JuJu http://stud.et.hs-wismar.de/forum/images/smiles/cheerleader.gif

Careful what you wish for :lol: You never know when your string of bad luck might change.... ;)

Angele
01-09-2004, 08:07 PM
Do we know how bad Kim's injury is?

Angele
01-09-2004, 08:08 PM
I leave for 4 days and people start cheering for Justine? :eek: :eek:

Jess
01-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Do we know how bad Kim's injury is?

Not definitely because it's being assessed when they go to Sydney.
This is her diary entry though if you haven't already seen it.

Feeling better already 09-01-2004

My ankle is definitely better than two days ago. I can use it again and lean on it. I still feel a twist whenever I move my foot forward or backward. However, the swelling has gone more or less and that was what hurted so much the first day.

Really a pity all this happened right now, in full preparation of the new season and at a time one tries to get the right match rhythm again, for that is what you really need right before a big tournament. Right now, I am receiving treatment of my ankle every day. We will leave for Sydnet tomorrow and I will be seeing my physio, Eveline, and there will be other physiotherapists from the WTA as well. We'll see what they will say.

When the inflammation has gone, I suspect everything will be a lot easier already. That tiny piece of bone that is hindering me won't go away like that, but I'll wait and see how much it will hinder me in the future. Having to undergo a surgery is about the last thing on my mind. On the other hand, people have been suggesting me the same when I got injured at my shoulder.

Right now, I really take it day by day. The WTA is very helpful and would try to have me play my first match in Sydney on Wednesday only. However, I think I can only decide the day before.

Meanwhile I had to stay calm and sat in my hotel room, answered some emails, which needed to be done for ever since we announced the engagement... And Sabine Appelmans passed by for a TV report.

I'll keep you informed.
Greetings,
Kim

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Let's go Justine let's go! :bigclap: Let's go Justine let's go! :bigclap:

Angele
01-09-2004, 08:12 PM
What's this about a little piece of bone? :eek: :eek: Doesn't sound good :(

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 08:13 PM
Careful what you wish for :lol: You never know when your string of bad luck might change.... ;)

Well as Marly pointed out..she's winning right now..so the worst case is nothing changes :p

oh Ange that sounds so bad :o I hope you feel better soon :hug:

Yes while you were gone I turned traitor :o :p

Angele
01-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Thanks for posting Jessica, I hadn't gotten around to Kim's website yet.

Angele
01-09-2004, 08:15 PM
Hey Marly, Ileana...

Thanks Ileana. It's pretty bad right now. I can hardly breathe through my nose and my throat is really sore as a result of a tube being stuck down there so at the moment breathing and swallowing are a little hard/uncomfortable. In ten days though that should be gone, although right now that seems like an enternity :sad:

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 08:16 PM
Well it's a serious injury..although we are getting a lot of different info on it atm :confused:

Yeah she might have a bone chip..

There is no way she should even attempt Sydney..but that never stopped her before :p

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 08:17 PM
Kim may or may not have chipped a bone. More on the may side, if she's correct in what she says in her diary.

Angele
01-09-2004, 08:17 PM
I didn't think my bad karma was going to be this jinxing towards Kim :tape:

Angele
01-09-2004, 08:18 PM
I think if somebody should jump on the Justine bandwagon, it should be me :o

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 08:19 PM
Well I've never had my jaw wired..but when I had my wisdom teeth taken out (they hadn't come up yet so I had a little surgery to pull them) I couldn't eat anything solid for 2 weeks :o You get used to it after a day or two ;) It's hard not chewing :p

I also could suck anything which made it a little more difficult :p

Jess
01-09-2004, 08:20 PM
How serious is chipping a bone though? It sounds quite bad...

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 08:20 PM
I didn't think my bad karma was going to be this jinxing towards Kim :tape:

Ha! That's what you think ;) I've pretty much cornered the market atm :p

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 08:21 PM
How serious is chipping a bone though? It sounds quite bad...

Depends how much she chipped off :p

Marly's had a bone chip..she turned out ok :p *Pokes Marly's foot*

Murkofan
Neither of you has jinxed Kim, because karma is a figment of the imagination :p

Question--if your jaw is wired shut, how do you eat?

Angele
I've had my wisdom teeth out as well Ileana. That was the reason for me spitting out blood for the first 24 hours, or so I was told anyway. That was difficult because it kept getting stuck in my already sore throat :mad: I'm glad that's gone, now if only I could breathe properly :mad:

Angele
01-09-2004, 08:22 PM
I had a bone chip in my wrist, it was ok after a few weeks. It was painful though and that was just on my wrist so I can't imagine what it must be like on your foot.

Angele
01-09-2004, 08:23 PM
Neither of you has jinxed Kim, because karma is a figment of the imagination :p

Question--if your jaw is wired shut, how do you eat?
I can only drink liquids for about the next 4 weeks. I can have whatever juices and stuff I want and then stuff like Instant Breakfast, Ensure, etc...

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 08:24 PM
I've had my wisdom teeth out as well Ileana. That was the reason for me spitting out blood for the first 24 hours, or so I was told anyway. That was difficult because it kept getting stuck in my already sore throat :mad: I'm glad that's gone, now if only I could breathe properly :mad:

You mean at the same time you had the wisdom teeth out? Yeah the blood is a little nasty :o I had 2 stitches for each tooth..so 8 stitches in my mouth :D

I also sounded like a retard for almost a week :o :lol:

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Depends how much she chipped off :p

Marly's had a bone chip..she turned out ok :p *Pokes Marly's foot*

Yeah, it depends. When I was 6, I sprained my ankle (and chipped off part of the bone) so bad I knocked it out of place and had to have it popped back in :p That ankle is screwy due to various other injuries over the years, but as long as the swelling goes down, it's fine. In high school, my sister sprained her ankle the afternoon before The Biggest Game of the Season. She ICED AND ELEVATED it enough to get the swelling down so it could be taped, then she played on like normal.

So I guess part of it depends on Kim's level of pain tolerance :p

Angele
01-09-2004, 08:25 PM
When they did the work on my jaw, they also took out my wisdom teeth so they could avoid a second operation. They couldn't stitch me up or put anything in there at all to stop the blood so that was pretty gross :o

Angele
01-09-2004, 08:26 PM
Ileana I'd take sounding like a retard for a week over not being able to talk for 4 weeks :p

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 08:27 PM
I can only drink liquids for about the next 4 weeks. I can have whatever juices and stuff I want and then stuff like Instant Breakfast, Ensure, etc...

Bummer. But look on the bright side--drink Slim Fast and lose 25 lbs in only 4 weeks!!!! :eek: :D

:p

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 08:28 PM
Ileana I'd take sounding like a retard for a week over not being able to talk for 4 weeks :p

Indeed ;)

How are you communicating now?

Murkofan
Question--why not have your wisdom teeth taken out in a previous proceedure?

Angele
Bummer. But look on the bright side--drink Slim Fast and lose 25 lbs in only 4 weeks!!!! :eek: :D

They said that if I lost more than 15 pounds, I should contact the hospital :unsure:

Angele
01-09-2004, 08:29 PM
Indeed ;)

How are you communicating now?
By writing... or pointing to something that I want :p

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 08:30 PM
I lived on Mashed Potatoes :D but I wouldn't recommend it :unsure:

Angele
01-09-2004, 08:31 PM
Question--why not have your wisdom teeth taken out in a previous proceedure?
To avoid two operations according to my doctor... that's another thing I could add to my list of things to slam him with though :o

Angele
01-09-2004, 08:31 PM
I lived on Mashed Potatoes :D but I wouldn't recommend it :unsure:
I can't have any anyway, everything needs to be 100% liquid.

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 08:33 PM
By writing... or pointing to something that I want :p

Pointing eh ;) I'm so lucky no one in my family has something like that..I would torment them mercilessly :o :p

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 08:34 PM
Mmm, mashed potatoes.

I dunno, I think I'd rather have two operations than have open wounds in my mouth and be hacking up blood.

Your doctors sound silly. You should have had me do the proceedure :D

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 08:35 PM
To avoid two operations according to my doctor... that's another thing I could add to my list of things to slam him with though :o

Seriously..there is no way you need to be dealing with both at the same time :(

Murkofan

They said that if I lost more than 15 pounds, I should contact the hospital :unsure:

So you can undergo another surgery to have fat injected? :p

Jess
100% liquid for four weeks - :hug: that is a pretty boring diet.

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 08:37 PM
Your doctors sound silly. You should have had me do the proceedure :D

:haha:

We still want her around you know :p

Angele
01-09-2004, 08:38 PM
I never want to have another operation ever :mad: I wouldn't wish this to my worst enemy right now, there are really no words to describe how horrible this is :sad:

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 08:38 PM
:haha:

We still want her around you know :p

Surely you don't doubt my surgical prowess? :p

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 08:39 PM
Surely you don't doubt my surgical prowess? :p

Surely not :p

aww Ange..just take those pain killers they are your best friends ;) :D

Angele
01-09-2004, 08:40 PM
Well guys I'm gonna go lay down for a while... if any news pops up, could somebody do me a huge favor and pm me so I wouldn't have to read back to find the news? thanks :kiss: I don't know when I'll be back cuz being up is pretty draining for me but hopefully within the next week I'll be feeling a little better!

Murkofan
01-09-2004, 08:41 PM
Vicodin :D

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 08:42 PM
Later Ange :wavey:

I don't imagine they'll be any revelations..but we'll fill you in if there are ;)

Hope you feel better soon :hug: :kiss:

Jess
01-09-2004, 08:42 PM
:hug: hope you're feeling better soon ange -

I'm going now as well as we've been called to go to the gate which means the plane is leaving soon (I hope!) :wavey: Assuming we don't get stuck in LA for hours again - I should be back in England sometime on Sunday :wavey:

Chesty Larue
01-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Later Jessica :wavey:

My house is cold so I'm going to go shower :D

dagmar7
01-09-2004, 09:12 PM
:hug: for Angele...

I didn't realize, and I guess you didn't either, that this was going to be such an ordeal.

I hope and trust all your family and friends try to make the next four weeks pass as quickly as possible.

Take care of yourself.

dagmar7
01-09-2004, 09:33 PM
Crap! Serena Williams pulls out of Open.:( Will the tennis infirmary please stop growing.

http://www.cbc.ca/pcgi-bin/templates/sportsView.cgi?/news/2004/01/09/Sports/williams-serena040109

Chesty Larue
01-10-2004, 12:02 AM
Crap! Serena Williams pulls out of Open.:( Will the tennis infirmary please stop growing.

http://www.cbc.ca/pcgi-bin/templates/sportsView.cgi?/news/2004/01/09/Sports/williams-serena040109

What tennis infirmary :confused: :p She's not even hurt?! She's not going cause she's not in physical condition :eek: Work your way into the tournie!!

Kate05
01-10-2004, 12:38 AM
Jesus what is up with this season?! We got all the men getting caught for drugs and the women getting hurt or faking stupid stories just to get out of tournaments. The tournies are going to suck donkeyballs. Yet if Kim's ankle hadn't of decided to spaz out on her this would've been her open since half the important people are gone. *mantra*I'm an optimistic person, Kim will overcome this. I'm optimistic person, Kim will overcome this*mantra* :p She seems to do better when she knows the Preds aren't there to rip her open as she apparently thinks. One down, c'mon Venus something's got to be wrong with you. Justine will surely sprain her right pinkie finger or some other mildly retarded inhibitor and have to quit. :p

dagmar7
01-10-2004, 01:02 AM
What tennis infirmary :confused: :p She's not even hurt?! She's not going cause she's not in physical condition :eek: Work your way into the tournie!!

Torn knee tendons aren't an injury now? What did she have surgery on then? Hypochondria?

Go back through hockey history and ask Bobby Orr...:unsure:

Just watched Canadian figure skating nationals. Really good competition.:cool:

Chesty Larue
01-10-2004, 01:06 AM
Torn knee tendons aren't an injury now? What did she have surgery on then? Hypochondria?

Go back through hockey history and ask Bobby Orr...:unsure:

Just watched Canadian figure skating nationals. Really good competition.:cool:

In that article you posted she said her knee feels great..

dagmar7
01-10-2004, 01:12 AM
Well her knee may indeed feel great, but may not be sufficiently rehabilitated to play tennis.

What's your theory? Laziness? Fear of Justine? Inability to find accessories she likes?;)

As much as I love a conspiracy theory, the above don't make a whole lot of sense.

Maybe she wants Venus to win this one--that would be sweet of her.

Chesty Larue
01-10-2004, 01:18 AM
Well her knee may indeed feel great, but may not be sufficiently rehabilitated to play tennis.

What's your theory? Laziness? Fear of Justine? Inability to find accessories she likes?;)

As much as I love a conspiracy theory, the above don't make a whole lot of sense.

Maybe she wants Venus to win this one--that would be sweet of her.

She had the knee surgery in August I believe..that's almost 5 months ago. The surgery was suppose to keep her out for 6 weeks..so a month and a half. Now I understand that you can run into problems..but for an extra 3 months or so? Plus she says she has rehabilitated her knee.

It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me :confused: Physically I think she's fine..she says she's hasn't trained properly. That's why she isn't coming..but I mean at least give it a shot if you physically can..she can beat most tour players at like 40 or 50%.

I'm waiting to see Kim give it a whirl on 1 leg :p

dagmar7
01-10-2004, 01:29 AM
She says her rehabilitation took longer than expected.

My knee feels great, but my rehabilitation took a little longer than I expected. I'm on the courts daily, and look forward to coming back in championship form.

This kind of joint injury is treacherous, and if she comes back too early, she could wreck her knee even worse than it was before, possibly ending her career--maybe that's the reason for not giving it a whirl.

Presumably, she has trainers and physiotherapists supervising her recovery, so why would they all lie? Why would she pass up the opportunity to defend her title? I just don't see a reason not to believe her.

I kind of like the help-out Venus conspiracy theory, but I'm not sure Serena would do that either.:)

Chesty Larue
01-10-2004, 01:36 AM
I suppose..still seems a little strange to me :p

I guess it's just cause they never release much info..she's very general a lot of the time about what's wrong I find. Be more specific girl! :p

I think everyone should give it a whirl :D Perhaps that's why no one listens to me :o ;)

dagmar7
01-10-2004, 01:43 AM
I'm listening to you!:D

...although maybe you wish otherwise...:p

I feel very trapped by the cold.

Well, as much as I appreciate the spirit of giving it a whirl--there are some times when it's really better not to.

Athletes are often cagey about their injuries, so their opponents don't try to exploit them. Not the prettiest part of the game but...that's why we have such ignominious strategies as the old 'pretend I'm at death's door and then surprise the world with my footspeed' etc.

Chesty Larue
01-10-2004, 01:48 AM
Yes the cold is very daunting :unsure: I don't wanna go outside.

Any idea when it's suppose to warm up? and by warm up I mean reach like -10 :p

Well no big secret for Serena..I'm sure all her compatriots are well aware she's having knee issues ;)

With Serena gone my attention is now turned to Cappy. Last I heard she was 50/50 for the Open.

dagmar7
01-10-2004, 01:55 AM
Yeah, but because of the mysterious nature of her rehabilitation, her opponents won't be sure if they should try to run her around the court--ordinarily an idiotic strategy against Serena, but if her mobility is impaired...

I don't know about Capriati.

The last time I checked scores, Petrova was demolishing Ai...:sad:...and Davenport was--what a shocker--up a set on Hantuchova.

Sunday, it's supposed to be around -12 or -13, so schedule the luau.

dagmar7
01-10-2004, 02:01 AM
Oh and this is for dani :kiss:....first round qualis for the men at Sydney.
There are three Belgians--the two Rochus and Kristof, and you know it's a tough qualification round when last year's champion is there.:eek:

First Round
(1)Olivier Rochus (BEL) vs Richard Gasquet (FRA)
Fernando Verdasco (ESP) vs (WC)Adam Kennedy (AUS)
David Ferrer (ESP) vs Jan Vacek (CZE)
(8)Lars Burgsmuller (GER) vs (WC)Raphael Durek (AUS)
(2)Hyung-Taik Lee (KOR) vs Paul Goldstein (USA)
Joachim Johansson (SWE) vs Albert Montanes (ESP)
Alexander Popp (GER) vs Martin Vassallo-Arguello (ITA)
(7)Brian Vahaly (USA) vs Nicolas Mahut (FRA)
(3)Davide Sanguinetti (ITA) vs Giovanni Lapentti (ECU)
Olivier Mutis (FRA) vs Galo Blanco (ESP)
Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo (ESP) vs Tomas Behrend (GER)
(5)Irakli Labadze (GEO) vs Thomas Enqvist (SWE)
(4)Victor Hanescu (ROM) vs Kristof Vliegen (BEL)
Alex Bogomolov (USA) vs Jurgen Melzer (AUT)
Christophe Rochus (BEL) vs (WC)Peter Luczak (AUS)
(6)Ivo Karlovic (CRO) vs (WC)Todd Larkham (AUS)

Chesty Larue
01-10-2004, 02:01 AM
Yeah, but because of the mysterious nature of her rehabilitation, her opponents won't be sure if they should try to run her around the court--ordinarily an idiotic strategy against Serena, but if her mobility is impaired...

The last time I checked scores, Petrova was demolishing Ai...:sad:...and Davenport was--what a shocker--up a set on Hantuchova.

Yeah that's true..but honestly there isn't much strategy against Serena except mix it up and throw junk at her. I do wonder if her mobility will be impaired when she returns :scratch:

Even though Davy is winning I've been following the scores..surprisingly it's been a point here and there that have decided it so far. Dani was really hanging well..she must have picked up her game a bit.

-12 :woohoo: I'm breaking out the deck chairs ;)

I'm so happy Eleni Daniilidou won today :D Good score too..6-3,6-2 I think against Harkleroad.(Didn't lose a set all tournie either) She's got so much talent it's a shame she hasn't been able to keep her head in the game :( After last year though, opening the season with a Title must help her confidence. :)

dagmar7
01-10-2004, 02:18 AM
Yes, it was against Harkleroad--first wta final for her I think and a good tournament for both players.:D

I'm glad to hear Hantuchova's playing better, although 6-3, 6-1 doesn't sound particularly close, but maybe it was close at the beginning.

Okay, off to do some reading.

Goodnight my comrade of the polar regions.

Chesty Larue
01-10-2004, 02:19 AM
Night Dagmar :wavey:

Uh oh..Aussie press is saying that Kim is out of the AO :(

Ashie_87
01-10-2004, 03:45 AM
never rely on aussie press...seriously...

Chesty Larue
01-10-2004, 03:46 AM
You haven't heard anything Ash? I'm all wondering now..I've been looking for articles online for like an hour and nothing at all..nothing on her site either

Chesty Larue
01-10-2004, 04:10 AM
pfff there is an article that popped up 5 minutes ago about Sydney and Kim is still listed as a participant. :p

From Fox Sports Australia.

I would think that means she hasn't pulled out of the AO quite yet ;)

star
01-10-2004, 12:16 PM

But Ai won!!!! :bounce:

I love Ai. She's so adorable and I like to watch her play. She runs and runs and has so much heart.

3 and 1 doesn't sound to me as if Daniela is doing much better, but there was a great shot of her arm muscles on WTAWorld. :)

:wavey: to anyone who is still around. :)

star
01-10-2004, 12:20 PM

:hug: Glad to see you back, Angele!

I haven't read all your posts yet, so haven't caught up on just how it all was. The not talking part is a real drag, but in here you talk just as you always have. :)

star
01-10-2004, 12:28 PM
This is a little scary: http://www.alexusjones.com/index.html

So he's selling shares in his daughter. That's sweet. :)

dagmar7
01-10-2004, 12:45 PM
But Ai won!!!! :bounce:

I love Ai. She's so adorable and I like to watch her play. She runs and runs and has so much heart.

3 and 1 doesn't sound to me as if Daniela is doing much better, but there was a great shot of her arm muscles on WTAWorld. :)

:wavey: to anyone who is still around. :)

Omg what a great comeback for Ai!:D She's such a fighter, I agree--I like her a lot and it's great to see her building on her excellent 2003.:)

star
01-10-2004, 12:48 PM
Coria must be the least favored player in the lockerrooms, acc to Belgian DC-captain Steven Martens.
Together with Ollie, he's one of the 'bad boys'

I really don't think she'll play Adidas, not taking ANY risk.

Do you mind saying what Martens said? I love both Oli and Coria. :)

star
01-10-2004, 12:49 PM

Omg what a great comeback for Ai!:D She's such a fighter, I agree--I like her a lot and it's great to see her building on her excellent 2003.:)

:wavey: Sorry, I was reading the thread backwards. I missed a lot! :)

dagmar7
01-10-2004, 12:53 PM
That's okay. There's a lot to read, and I would like to know more about the comments as well. Ollie looks so sweet, but, of course, this can be deceiving...when will I ever learn?;)

star
01-10-2004, 12:55 PM
Oli is darling. And he never acts up on the tennis court at all. Coria is a little bit more fiery, but I don't see it with him either.

That's why it would be interesting to hear. :)

dagmar7
01-10-2004, 01:17 PM
Maybe he saves his acting up for off the court!:devil:

Anyway, he can be bitchy--I'll still like him.:)

I see the U.S. won Hopman Cup. In a quiet way, it seems to me that Lindsay Davenport may be playing very well.

Kucera beat James Blake, but that's much of a surprise.

edit: I mean not much of a surprise...sheesh

star
01-10-2004, 01:30 PM
It seemed that James was playing very well when he beat Marat............... but I guess he would have to be playing well to beat the most talented and physically gifted man in tennis. ;)

dagmar7
01-10-2004, 01:35 PM
I'm not surprised because James has always seemed to wear out pretty quickly and he has a really tough time stringing a number of victories together.

I think he (Blake) has a lot of ability, competitiveness etc.--it's just that his playing style is very arduous and he's not really the best conditioned athlete. To be fair, I think his scoliosis (?) may well have made it difficult for him to train--he just seems more an athlete by will power than by nature, I guess.

I thought the most talented tennis player was Roger Federer.:bolt:

star
01-10-2004, 01:44 PM
:lol:

It just depends on who's posting. :)

I hope James has spent more time on his conditioning. One thing I've noticed in watching players is that calf muscles are predictors for staying power. James has rather undeveloped calf muscles. Everyone says how thin Guga is, but his calf muscles are huge. I never knew this until I saw him in person. I don't think there is a top player that doesn't have impressive calf muscles. (ok, that was a double negative... sorry)

dagmar7
01-10-2004, 01:58 PM
Excellent point about the calf muscles.:D Despite his thinness, I always thought Guga looked really strong, and his movement is--or maybe was :sad: :(--extremely fluid and graceful.

With James, I'm always amazed that he can move that well. He seems to reach balls with sheer will power--it just doesn't seem natural to him.

Angele
01-10-2004, 02:31 PM
Anybody here?

dagmar7
01-10-2004, 02:34 PM
:wavey: Angele

Glad to 'see' you around.:)

I hope people are waiting on you.

Angele
01-10-2004, 02:39 PM
hey dagmar... everybody is being very nice :) Had some relatives come over last night to see how I was doing, if there was anything they could do, etc... one aunt is especially worried I think, she's come over once and called at least twice since I've been home :o

Chesty Larue
01-10-2004, 02:45 PM
I'm so not amused with the Hopman Cup interviewing Lindsay and saying that Serena and Kim had both pulled out of AO, when Kim hasn't pulled out!! :p

If Kim does end up playing Lindsay might be getting a surprise :o :p

Angele
01-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Well I would love it if Kim could play but I hope she doesn't push herself too much :(

dagmar7
01-10-2004, 02:50 PM
hey dagmar... everybody is being very nice :) Had some relatives come over last night to see how I was doing, if there was anything they could do, etc... one aunt is especially worried I think, she's come over once and called at least twice since I've been home :o

Glad to hear the family's in full support mode.:) I don't blame your aunt for being worried--it sounds like such ann ordeal for you.

Do you have enough energy to watch tv? Have you seen any of the figure skating or golf? Of course, we don't get any tennis.:(

dagmar7
01-10-2004, 02:52 PM
I'm so not amused with the Hopman Cup interviewing Lindsay and saying that Serena and Kim had both pulled out of AO, when Kim hasn't pulled out!! :p

If Kim does end up playing Lindsay might be getting a surprise :o :p

Just to repeat myself. At this point, I'll be very surprised if Kim doesn't play Sydney and downright shocked if she doesn't play the AO. These people aren't being malicious--they are just confused, and I can't say I blame them.;)

Chesty Larue
01-10-2004, 02:54 PM
Just to repeat myself. At this point, I'll be very surprised if Kim doesn't play Sydney and downright shocked if she doesn't play the AO. These people aren't being malicious--they are just confused, and I can't say I blame them.;)

why so confident? :confused:

Angele
01-10-2004, 02:54 PM
Um, my energy is so so. I can watch a bit of tv ( just like I can be on the computer) but not for long amounts of time. I watched a little bit of golf last night, dozed off a couples of times though. Haven't seen any figure skating, unless you count the sportscentre highlights this morning!

I've got some more relatives coming over today I think. Some didn't want to come over last night because they didn't want to drain all my energy. My cousin dropped by with some movies last night so that'll be something to do whenever I have enough energy to be awake and sit up for two hours :)

dagmar7
01-10-2004, 03:04 PM
why so confident? :confused:

I thought you'd be happy...but no, so difficult to satisfy.;) Here's part of it...

There doesn't appear to be any tendon/ligament damage; apparently, nothing is sprained. Kim is a fast healer.

Also, Kim sounds keen to get some match play before the Open...talking about the importance of getting her rhythm etc.

Eh, call it a hunch.:)

Angele
01-10-2004, 03:07 PM
Well I'm off... everybody who sent over PM's, thanks a lot :kiss: I don't quite have the energy to reply now but I want you all to know that I appreciate the care and concern :hug: Hopefully I'll be feeling better soon and be feeling up to answering some messages :) :kiss:

:wavey: ladies

dagmar7
01-10-2004, 03:09 PM
Take care, Angele...rest is good. I hope you feel better soon.:kiss:

Chesty Larue
01-10-2004, 03:09 PM
I thought you'd be happy...but no, so difficult to satisfy.;) Here's part of it...

There doesn't appear to be any tendon/ligament damage; apparently, nothing is sprained. Kim is a fast healer.

Also, Kim sounds keen to get some match play before the Open...talking about the importance of getting her rhythm etc.

Eh, call it a hunch.:)

Difficult to satisfy indeed ;)

Well I like and agree with everything you're saying :D

Later Ange :wavey: Get some rest :hug:

dagmar7
01-10-2004, 03:13 PM
Well, I really should clean house.:o

Bye for a bit anyway...:wavey:

Chesty Larue
01-10-2004, 03:15 PM
Yeah I should be off as well..later Dagmar :wavey:

Chesty Larue
01-10-2004, 08:12 PM
Ouch! Did the Habs ever put a pounding on the Pens :o

8-0 :o :eek:

Ryder had 2 goals and 2 assists

Riberio had 1 goal and 3 assists

Souray had 1 goal and 5 assists :eek:

4 Power Play goals :worship:

Souray has the most goals of defenseman in the league..and is tied for second in defenseman scoring..only trailing Gonchar :D

Ryder I think also is leading rookie scoring :bounce:

It was a pretty embarassing display from the Pens..Montreal was just toying with them :p

Even Kilger had a goal and an assist :p (Juneau too)

Angele
01-10-2004, 09:42 PM
Anybody?

Danni
01-10-2004, 09:48 PM
Hi Angele is your still here :) :hug: I hope your feeling better :hug:

Angele
01-10-2004, 09:50 PM
Hey Danni, yeah i'm still around!

I'm feeling a little better... starting to get some feeling in my top lip :)

Danni
01-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Feeling is always good :yeah:
Your whole ordeal sounded awful (especially since there was no Lleyki match :(- sorry I'm still not over that :sad: ) but at least it's over and done with.

Angele
01-10-2004, 10:01 PM
I'm waiting til a few weeks to think about the lleyki match that didn't happen because all I want to do when I think about it is burst into tears but that'll just stuff up my nose even more and make it even harder to breathe.

Danni
01-10-2004, 10:05 PM
Oh hun :hug: I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you!
If it makes you feel better just imagine Lleyton taking care of Kim with her injury. I'm sure he's making a great nurse. :)

Angele
01-10-2004, 10:09 PM
Oh don't worry about it Danni, it's totally fine. And it didn't upset me :kiss: I'm just holding off thinking about what could of been but just reading about it is ok.

I'm sure Lleyton is being a sweetie :angel: He and Kim look so cute in that picture you posted!

Danni
01-10-2004, 10:13 PM
Yeah- I hope that pic brightened your day. They both looked :hearts: although I though LL could of been paying more attention to Kim IMO. :p

Angele
01-10-2004, 10:15 PM
yeah he could of been... looks like something from the other side caught his attention though :p

Danni
01-10-2004, 10:20 PM
I wonder where they were at the time :confused:
Anyways, I think it's about time we have some real Lleyki pics, like a kiss or at least holding hands. It's like a LLeyki drought :p

Angele
01-10-2004, 10:23 PM
Yeah we are in major, major need of some Lleyki pictures... or at least some good goober information, or just anything really :o Really good news about anything would be good atm... I'd need something to cheer me up :o

Danni
01-10-2004, 10:28 PM
Hmm...well I dunno if you read back but Lleyton said in an interview about how gettting engaged was a really special time for him and Kim. :angel:He used special a few times, I can't really remember :o
And also after his match vs Xavier LL said that he went to see Kim before and that she was "distressed" and the first thing that came to my mind was Kim crying or smth and LL comforting her and being really sweet :angel: :hearts: And maybe he was so busy worrying about her that's why he lost the first set to Xavier. ;)

Angele
01-10-2004, 10:32 PM
I didn't read about him saying it was a special time for them... That's probably the most info we've gotten from him though :o Hopefully there will be something in the upcoming tournaments *praying*

Danni
01-10-2004, 10:35 PM
Yeah, no one has really asked Kim for details, and I can't really imagine her saying "it happened on Sydney harbour, and that's all your gonna find out" :p I think she'll give out a little bit about it if she's pressed for details. But i don't wanna get my hopes up.

Angele
01-10-2004, 10:37 PM
I'm definetly not getting my hopes up for anything atm, the last thing I can take is some crushing/dissapointing news :o

Goonergal
01-10-2004, 10:38 PM
Hola :wavey:

Goonergal
01-10-2004, 10:39 PM
feel better soon Angie, read about what happened a few pages back :( :( take care of yorself ya hear :hug:

Angele
01-10-2004, 10:39 PM
Hey Cilla :wavey:

Danni
01-10-2004, 10:40 PM
It seems that Lleyki news come when your not expecting it- like we were all expecting it at the Davis Cup and the Hopman Cup. I'm sure some will pop up soon, when we're all complaining about how there's nothing :p

Angele
01-10-2004, 10:41 PM
thanks Cilla, I will :)

Danni
01-10-2004, 10:44 PM
Hey Cilla :wavey:

Goonergal
01-10-2004, 10:45 PM
thanks Cilla, I will :)

Good girl :D

I just popped in to say hello and now I'm going to bed (well I'll listen to my Outkast album first :o :cool: )

Night QG & Dani :wavey:

Thanks again for the pics btw Dani :)

Angele
01-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Goodnight Cilla...

I'm actually gonna head off as well, my head is starting to feel a little heavy :(

Danni
01-10-2004, 10:48 PM
Bye guys- I'm going too actually :wavey: :kiss:

Murkofan
01-11-2004, 12:01 AM
Come on without, come on within, you'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn!

I see I have missed some discussion betwixt Ileana and Dagmar :p As the sister of a girl who completely tore her ACL, had it reconstructed, and went through rehabiliation, I have to agree with Ileana in that Deux's reasoning for pulling out of the AO is crap :p But it's her body and her reasoning, so whatever makes her feel safe is the best decision. And I can't say that I'll miss her :p

star
01-11-2004, 02:24 AM
I agree. It was arthroscopic surgery and the girl was wearing high heels not 6 weeks later.

Murkofan
01-11-2004, 02:29 AM
During basketball season her junior year, my sister partially tore her ACL. She had arthroscopic surgery on it and rehabbed in time for the tennis season.

If 1) the injury was what we were led to believe 2) the surgery was successfull and 3) Serena has rehabbed properly, there should be no physical reason why she cannot play.

star
01-11-2004, 02:31 AM
But as you pointed out before Venus and Serena keep their cards close to their chests and you can't always believe what they say. Venus said in an interview in Hong Kong that Serena was definitely going to Melbourne.

Murkofan
01-11-2004, 02:40 AM
I'm not complaining about Serena not playing, other than that it makes things easier for Ezel :p If her injury was more severe than was reported and she just didn't want to have to mess with the press about it, bully for her. I can't blame her, and really, it's not the world's business whether or not she's got a partial tear of this ligament or another one. Anyway, I guess my point is....lol, do I have a point? :p Whatever Deux feels like is good for Deux, I suppose.

Michelle Kwan is in first place! :D 7/9 of her Artistic Marks were perfect scores :eek: :D

dagmar7
01-11-2004, 02:42 AM
Michelle Kwan :worship:

She kicked major ass...in a really gracious, elegant way, of course.

Murkofan
01-11-2004, 02:44 AM
I love Michelle Kwan. As you said, she's just so elegant and graceful on the ice. I could watch her skate all day. She's really, and rightful, beloved by American fans.

dagmar7
01-11-2004, 02:48 AM
I agree. It was arthroscopic surgery and the girl was wearing high heels not 6 weeks later.

lol...you have a good memory. Maybe that's what did it.

Alternative conspiracy theories re. Serena and the AO...

1) My fav. from wtaworld is that Nike has no original outfits and therefore Serena won't compete.:lol:

2) She needs to obtain a bigger diamond than Kim's in order not to be out-iced, and that takes time.

3) She's pregnant with Rafael Nadal's love child.

4) She's afraid of her stalker, Alexandra Stevenson.

Murkofan
01-11-2004, 02:52 AM
Oh man, those are all hysterical.

Michelle Kwan skated in a Vera Wang dress :yeah:

ETA: Number two should probably read "out iced" or "out bling-blinged" in keeping with the times :p

dagmar7
01-11-2004, 02:59 AM
Oh man, those are all hysterical.

Michelle Kwan skated in a Vera Wang dress :yeah:

ETA: Number two should probably read "out iced" or "out bling-blinged" in keeping with the times :p

Changed.:p

Both her dresses were lovely. I loved the vibrant colours on her too.
Well now I've watched both Canadian and American championships...I feel like going skating, except it's still about -25 out and maybe kind of late...

Murkofan
01-11-2004, 03:03 AM
Aren't you glad there are young things like myself around to keep you hip? :p

I have never been skating. Or bowling, not that that's a winter sport or anything. Speaking of disgustingly cold temperatures, I feel bad for the Patriots and Titans :p

dagmar7
01-11-2004, 03:10 AM
Aren't you glad there are young things like myself around to keep you hip? :p

I have never been skating. Or bowling, not that that's a winter sport or anything. Speaking of disgustingly cold temperatures, I feel bad for the Patriots and Titans :p

I am infinitely grateful, yes.;)

Well, I don't know about bowling, but winter sports are great--most of them involve going really fast on treacherous frigid surfaces.

:bounce:

Oh yeah, those poor players...is that the coldest game ever? Did you have a Baltimore/St. Louis preference?

Murkofan
01-11-2004, 03:14 AM
I'm not sure how much I would care to participate in winter sports, given my general dislike of both frigid weather and treacherous surfaces :p

I was rooting for Carolina, am currently rooting for Tennessee, and will be rooting for Green Bay and Indianapolis tomorrow :yeah:

dagmar7
01-11-2004, 03:18 AM
I don't think I've really captured the experience. It feels quite liberating--all the gliding and so forth.

Then if you played hockey, you could combine this with body-slamming opponents and trash-talking.

Like a little slice of heaven really.

Thanks for the cheering updates. I'll get back to you when I place bets on the superbowl at the requisite dodgy gathering.

Murkofan
01-11-2004, 03:20 AM
But no, this isn't the coldest game ever. The coldest game ever is known as The Ice Bowl.

Murkofan
01-11-2004, 03:23 AM
Hockey sounds fun, but I think playing basketball or football is much more sensible. I can body-slam and trash-talk in temperate weather :p

Hey hey, my sister and I take part in a yearly college football betting pool. You interested for next year if there's an open spot?

dagmar7
01-11-2004, 03:29 AM
Sure...that sounds like a fun way to lose money.:)

Well, congratulations for Carolina.:) That's one...too bad for Tennessee. Close games.

dagmar7
01-11-2004, 03:31 AM
I should go. I've had a very forum-addicted day.:D

Murkofan
01-11-2004, 03:39 AM
Tight. My cousin runs it, so you know it's legit ;) There's a flat fee of $30 at the beginning of the season. I suck at it, but my sister has gotten big returns on her money the past two years :p

star
01-11-2004, 03:48 AM
lol...you have a good memory. Maybe that's what did it.

Alternative conspiracy theories re. Serena and the AO...

1) My fav. from wtaworld is that Nike has no original outfits and therefore Serena won't compete.:lol:

2) She needs to obtain a bigger diamond than Kim's in order not to be out-iced, and that takes time.

3) She's pregnant with Rafael Nadal's love child.

4) She's afraid of her stalker, Alexandra Stevenson.

Personally, I think she didn't want to miss the superbowl. :)

Murkofan
01-11-2004, 01:50 PM
Seven perfect marks in free skate
Associated Press

ATLANTA -- With her hands to the heavens and a huge grin on her face, Michelle Kwan sprinted down the ice, turning her footwork into a victory lap and energizing the entire arena with a jolt of electricity.

After all these years, there's still no one who does it better.

The "old lady" of figure skating gave her rivals yet another lesson in how it's done Saturday night, winning her seventh straight national title and eighth overall with a style, grace and determination that no one can match.

"I just let it fly. I was like, 'AHHHHH!'" Kwan said, laughing. "I felt the audience skate with me at the end. It was a crazy experience because you can feel the energy and the vibe."

The fans weren't the only ones mesmerized. Kwan got seven perfect 6.0s for artistry as she swept the nine-judge panel. She has 35 perfect marks in the U.S. Figure Skating Championships, but they still leave her speechless. When she saw the string of 6.0s, her mouth dropped open and she buried her face in coach Rafael Arutunian's shoulder.

"It's been a magical night," she said. "Skating a performance like that, it was amazing. The marks were like the cherry on top of a perfect sundae. I can't ask for more."

Well, maybe another night like this next year. Only one of the sport's greats, Maribel Vinson, has more U.S. championships, with nine. Kwan's seven-year winning streak ties Dick Button for the longest in the national championships. And she has medaled 11 straight years, breaking the record she shared with Theresa Weld Blanchard.

Kwan also owns five world championship crowns, tying Carol Heiss Jenkins for the most by an American woman.

"I don't think it's about stacking medals," Kwan said. "For me, it's about performance. I fell like I've gained experience, not titles."

Kwan won her first national title in 1996 at the tender age of 15. Eight years later, she remains the gold standard in a sport where champions come and go as quickly as the fashions of those quirky costumes.

Though short program winner Sasha Cohen left Kwan an opening after botching two jumps, Kwan didn't need it. She was more than good enough to win on her own.

Cohen was second. Jennifer Kirk was third.

At 23, Kwan put on a performance that stands up athletically to any of the mighty mites. Though she doesn't have the triple-triple combination, what she does is so superior it doesn't matter.

Her jumps were as sure and strong at the end of her four-minute program as they were in the beginning. The quickness of her jumps, their flow, their landings -- everything was so perfect it could be sold as an instructional video.

But it's her presence on the ice that's simply magical. She brought the fans to their feet with 30 seconds still left in the program, and the cheers were so loud they drowned out the finale of the music.

When Kwan finished, she threw her head and arms back, and punched her fists. Stuffed animals rained down on the ice, and her eyes filled with tears.

"Everything came together," Kwan said. "I had a blast."

For Cohen, it was another lost opportunity. She has all the makings of a superstar, with superior athletic ability and the grace and elegance of a ballerina. But her mind has never been as strong as her body, and she has a nasty habit of faltering when it matters most.

The Salt Lake City Olympics. Last year's national championships. The 2003 world championships in Washington. Each time Cohen went into the free skate with a chance to medal, if not win. And each time, she tumbled off the podium.

After winning the three Grand Prix events she entered earlier this season, she lost her last two competitions, falling six times. A coaching switch -- she left Tatiana Tarasova for Robin Wagner, Sarah Hughes' former coach -- seemed to rejuvenate Cohen, and she appeared to have a new confidence after winning the short program Thursday night.

When her "Swan Lake" music started, though, it was the same old Sasha. She didn't have anything resembling her usual fire and she appeared so cautious it was as if she was skating not to lose rather than to win.

And when you don't attack a program, it usually winds up coming after you. On her triple toe loop, a jump that's normally automatic for her, she looked as if she spun off the ice instead of jumping.

Just like a top, Cohen fell over.

"My timing was a little bit off," she said. "I felt like I went for it, but my arms went faster than my legs. It's definitely an easy jump for me, but I was pretty tired at that point. That makes it a lot tougher."

Cohen also two-footed her second triple lutz.

"It was kind of good, but not what I wanted," she said. "Every program I practiced went better than that."

Despite the glaring errors, one judge gave Cohen a 6.0 for artistry -- a gift she didn't deserve. Her other marks were more accurate, with 5.6 to 5.8 for technical merit, and mostly 5.8s for artistry.

That left the door open for Kwan, and she proceeded to kick it down.

"I only knew that Sasha had skated well," Kwan said. "When I heard she had a 6, I knew I had to give it my all."

She definitely did. Just as she always does.

:worship: Michelle Kwan :worship:

dagmar7
01-11-2004, 02:05 PM
I like the superbowl theory, Christina.:D

Very nice article about Michelle--thanks for posting it. There aren't many skating fans who wouldn't love to see her finally get that gold medal.

That 6.0 for Cohen was really bizarre.:o

Pim-Pim qualified for the Adidas International.:D

Angele
01-11-2004, 02:06 PM
:wavey: Anybody?

dagmar7
01-11-2004, 03:37 PM
:wavey: Hey, I hope you're feeling a bit better.

I am preparing to go outside.:eek: Sooo cold.

Angele
01-11-2004, 03:42 PM
You staying Dagmar? :wavey:

dagmar7
01-11-2004, 03:46 PM
For a bit.:kiss: I'm finishing my coffee etc.:o

So lazy and frightened of the cold.

I was looking at those pictures :) and Christina is right--Ll and Kim look like the biggest mobile phone/text message addicts. In the one pic of Kim she's got one in either hand.

Angele
01-11-2004, 03:50 PM
Lley and Kim are always, always on their mobiles :confused: I wonder who they're always talking to? :p

Chesty Larue
01-11-2004, 03:55 PM

Angele
01-11-2004, 03:58 PM
:wavey: Ileana

Chesty Larue
How ya feeling today Ange? Any better?

dagmar7
For a bit.:kiss: I'm finishing my coffee etc.:o

So lazy and frightened of the cold.

I was looking at those pictures :) and Christina is right--Ll and Kim look like the biggest mobile phone/text message addicts. In the one pic of Kim she's got one in either hand.

Gambling?:p

More likely friends and, of course, family...

Edit: whoops, didn't mean to reply to my own post. I guess I didn't have enough coffee.

Chesty Larue
01-11-2004, 04:02 PM
Gambling?:p

More likely friends and, of course, family...

Edit: whoops, didn't mean to reply to my own post. I guess I didn't have enough coffee.

Hey Dagmar :wavey:

Indeed I believe quoting yourself is a sign of lack of caffine ;)

Angele
01-11-2004, 04:03 PM
How ya feeling today Ange? Any better?
Less swelling but more pain so it evens out I guess.

Chesty Larue
01-11-2004, 04:05 PM
Less swelling but more pain so it evens out I guess.

More pain :sad: Keep popping those pain killers ;)

but :bigclap: for the decreased swelling :D

Angele
01-11-2004, 04:07 PM
I've got like moderate pain killers and then extreme pain killers :o I haven't gone to the extreme yet, I hope I won't have to :unsure: 7 times stronger than morphine that stuff is, ruins your stomach according to my nurses :( The other stuff is for swelling and pain and I can only assume it's working since I haven't been in too much pain yet. I'm only just starting to get feeling back in my face though so now I can actually feel pain where as before I couldn't :o

Chesty Larue
01-11-2004, 04:11 PM
Hey is tomorrow the day Kim says if she's playing Sydney or not? :scratch:

Angele
01-11-2004, 04:15 PM
Well it would be Tuesday but that's monday night for us I think :confused:

Chesty Larue
01-11-2004, 04:17 PM
Heal fast Kim! :p

I'm a little nervous about what she's going to do :scared:

Angele
01-11-2004, 04:19 PM
I'm nervous as well. I hope she skips Sydney, she's only going to risk more injury by playing :( No way you can injure your ankle bad enough to be on crushes for a couple of days and then be ready to play competitive tennis a week later.

Chesty Larue
01-11-2004, 04:29 PM
I'm nervous as well. I hope she skips Sydney, she's only going to risk more injury by playing :( No way you can injure your ankle bad enough to be on crushes for a couple of days and then be ready to play competitive tennis a week later.

I completely agree..but I'm almost 100% positive if she skips Sydney she's going to bail on the AO as well :sad:

She keeps saying how she needs to play competitive matches..I think she can work her way into the tournie..I mean she did play 2 matches at least this year :p

Angele
01-11-2004, 04:31 PM
And practice with Lley is as good as any match play she's going to get.

I'm not so sure that she'll skip AO if she skips Sydney. AO is a grand slam, probably her favorite of them all, and I think it'll take a lot for her to withdraw. Now that's not to say that she won't go in there with an injured ankle and play horribly but I can't see her withdrawing.

Chesty Larue
01-11-2004, 04:36 PM
I guess we'll get a much better idea of what's going to happen tomorrow..when she says yes or no to Syndey..

Angele
01-11-2004, 04:38 PM
From reading the article with some quick quotes from Lley, I'd say Kim's leaning towards no for Sydney. It's hard to say though.

Chesty Larue
01-11-2004, 04:39 PM
She should play like 1 match and then pull out lol :p

Angele
01-11-2004, 04:40 PM
She should play like 1 match and then pull out lol :p
lol :p

Who's her first match?

dagmar7
01-11-2004, 04:42 PM
From reading the article with some quick quotes from Lley, I'd say Kim's leaning towards no for Sydney. It's hard to say though.

Which quotes do you mean?

I've already expressed myself on this topic a couple of times in any case.:o

Chesty Larue
01-11-2004, 04:42 PM
Either Smashnova-Pistolesi or Casanova.

I would lean towards Casanova as being a better match for Kim though.

dagmar7
01-11-2004, 04:44 PM
Mary Pierce has withdrawn from the Open too.:sad:

She said she doesn't feel prepared.:(

Maybe these players are just afraid of flying...sheesh.:o

Chesty Larue
01-11-2004, 04:45 PM
Mary Pierce has withdrawn from the Open too.:sad:

She said she doesn't feel prepared.:(

Maybe these players are just afraid of flying...sheesh.:o

No kidding :o

Angele
01-11-2004, 04:46 PM
Which quotes do you mean?

I've already expressed myself on this topic a couple of times in any case.:o
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,8369659-23216,00.html

Angele
01-11-2004, 04:50 PM
This is the letter that I have written with every intention of delivering it if I still can't talk when I next visit my doctor in 4 weeks... thoughts? I'm open to advice, suggestions etc...

Dear Dr. _______,

Youíre reading this because I can not talk. Thatís right, 4 weeks after my supposed ďyouíll be back to normal in two weeksĒ operation and I still canít talk. If you havenít guessed, Iím fairly angry at the moment. Technically you didnít lie but thatís not much comfort. When you said that my mouth would not be wired shut, we, as most people would, assumed that my mouth would not be held shut with anything, including elastics. You let us believe that when you should of in fact told us the whole truth. Your job as a surgeon is not to lie or to make an operation seem minor in an effort to get the patient to agree to it. You are there to give us the details, ALL the details, about a surgery and then leave it up to the patient to decide. The decision to have or not to have surgery performed on you should only be made after you are 100% informed about the procedure, which definitely was not the case with us. Imagine our great surprise, and anger, when a resident informed us that my mouth would be held shut with elastics for 4-6 weeks. That is quite the different than what you had originally told us. I suppose though that we were lucky in all this, or at least luckier than others and luckier than we could have been. Had my surgery been scheduled for another time of the year, as it originally was, being unable to talk for 4 weeks might of been quite different than not being able to talk for 2 weeks, especially where my job would have been concerned. We were also lucky to get to talk to a resident who told us the bad news. As horrible as this is for me, it must have been 10 times worse for another of your patients whom I had the pleasure to meet. She woke up from surgery having no idea about elastics in her mouth, imagine that shock. At least I had a full 24 hours to get used to the idea, not that that excuses you by any means. I suppose by now youíre probably wondering why Iím writing this letter because whatís done is done, thatís true. Iíve gone through this operation now, itís done but had I known all the details, my decision might have been different. But thatís irrelevant right now, nothing can be changed. One thing can be changed though. You can tell all your future patients what you forgot to tell me. They have the right, just as I should of had the right, to know what is going to be done to them before they make a decision on an operation. I hope that this letter makes a difference in the future but if not, at least I will have tried.

Chesty Larue
01-11-2004, 04:51 PM
Well it's good that Lleyton sounds so positive for Kim to play the AO. I guess maybe if she doesn't play Sydney she will still try to play the AO ;)

dagmar7
01-11-2004, 04:53 PM
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,8369659-23216,00.html

What's really weird in that article is the fact that it seems Lleyton and Kim decided to arrive in Sydney separately.

Angele
01-11-2004, 04:53 PM
Well it's good that Lleyton sounds so positive for Kim to play the AO. I guess maybe if she doesn't play Sydney she will still try to play the AO ;)
I think she will. I can't see her withdrawing from the AO. She very rarely pulls out of tournaments, even normal tournaments so I think we'll be seeing her at AO. Hopefully though if she pulls out of Sydney Lley will keep us updated as to how she's doing!

Chesty Larue
01-11-2004, 04:54 PM
Very true Ange ;)

well I must be off..later guys :wavey:

dagmar7
01-11-2004, 04:57 PM
Excellent letter.

It must have felt good to get your feelings down on paper.
Your doctor should have been more honest with you.

Okay, I have to go too. Take care.:wavey:

Angele
01-11-2004, 04:59 PM
It'll feel even better once I give it to him. Hopefully though I'll be able to talk by then so a letter won't be necessary. But at least now it's written and ready to be handed out if need be!

Angele
01-11-2004, 04:59 PM
:wavey: Ladies... I'm gonna be off as well.

Lisbeth
01-11-2004, 09:18 PM
Hello, if anyone's here!

The weather report last night predicted 4 days of rain - more like Wimbledon than Sydney!! But it's not raining now.

dagmar7
01-11-2004, 09:47 PM
Four days of rain doesn't sound too good...:unsure:

Hopes for the best. I guess matches will start in about an hour or so. :eek: I'm nervous and I want the tennis channel.:o :D

star
01-11-2004, 09:53 PM
ME TOO!

And I'm gettin' a little irritated that I don't.

Lisbeth
01-11-2004, 10:02 PM
Yes, one hour. And I think Ll is second match today.

The revised forecast is apparently "possible showers" which is not so bad since it generally means only a little while of lightish rain which will pass and the courts will dry. Still, we're in a mega drought and it chooses THIS week to rain?!

Lisbeth
01-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Hey, someone on WTA World is claiming Kim announces live on Belgian TV that she would play the AO!

dagmar7
01-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I heard that about Kim. Good news.:D

Ll is third match up according to the schedule.

Lisbeth
01-11-2004, 10:20 PM
Sorry, you're right. I must have misread the schedule this morning.

Interesting first round match up, considering the recent news about Greg.

dagmar7
01-11-2004, 10:27 PM
Yes, and it shoudl be a close one too.

There's so much publicity around the drug scandal. It made the front page of one of the french-language Mtl. papers--not the most respectable one to be sure.:o

star
01-11-2004, 10:30 PM
I was almost feeling sorry for Greg when I saw that his every footstep was being dogged by cameras and microphones.

Not fun.

dagmar7
01-11-2004, 10:37 PM
I felt really bad for him actually when I read some of those "go back to Canada" headlines from the british media. It didn't take them too long to make up their minds.:(

Lisbeth
01-11-2004, 10:38 PM
I feel sorry for him too. I actually think it's a bit strange that they can reveal this before the hearing, especially when, supposedly, 6 or so other players will never have their names released due to being found innocent! Though I admit I'd LOVE to know who the 6 are and - most interestingly - where they're from, LOL.