The "So You're Saying It's A Party In Your Pants." Thread 01 [Archive] - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

The "So You're Saying It's A Party In Your Pants." Thread 01

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Chesty Larue
01-06-2004, 06:14 PM
Yeah you're probably right..nuts! :p

It's just that lately it feels like all the teams/athletes I've really been cheering for have just had these heart breaking results..coming within inches of victory and then falling apart :(

Kim - No explanation needed ;)

World Junior hockey team - Go into the third with a 3-1 lead and blow it :fiery:

Canada's World Cup Womens soccer team - Have a 1-0 lead with 11 minutes to go in the game for a berth in the Final and blow it :(

Our soccer team is a bit of an exception in that they had already far surpassed what was expected of them..but still that's not much consolation.

dagmar7
01-06-2004, 06:15 PM
:wavey:

I should depart too, and focus.

Oh and Ileana, I don't really believe in the fates controlling sporting events...at least, not rationally I don't.:eek:

:D

Chesty Larue
01-06-2004, 06:16 PM
lol..I've angered the sporting gods in some way :eek: :o :p

Later Dagmar, Elke :wavey:

Zoecrick
01-06-2004, 07:59 PM
A quick hi and bye!! Hope everytnig goes alright Angele and I know I can't say anything much to make it go away but sending you lots of hugs and kisses. The most thing I am looking forward to from the Lleykimatch is the on court interview after the doubles (they do do one right I haven't got my hopes up for nothing?) I bet either Kim or Lleyt may embarass about something!!! Good luck to both teams and I have sky digital which I think are showing it later on on Wed so I will try and record it as i've only just got sky I'm not sure how but I'm sure I can figure it out at least!!! Bye for now see ya all Thursday!!

Lisbeth
01-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Hello to anyone who's around.

It's the big Lleyki match day!

chandra
01-06-2004, 10:16 PM
Hi!

yeah it is indeed ....
I just hoped they would have coverage here

Lisbeth
01-06-2004, 10:22 PM
where's "here"? I'm in Sydney and have coverage ... but have to be at work! So I'm hoping the singles matches are quite long so that it will be 4pm or so for the doubles when I'm more likely to be able to sneak off!!

chandra
01-06-2004, 10:26 PM
Here is in belgium...

I am having exams and i should go to bed but as a student you can manage your time pretty well.

So if there would be coverage, I probably would watch it

chandra
01-06-2004, 10:28 PM
What time is it in adelaide right now?

Lisbeth
01-06-2004, 10:28 PM
I would have thought it would be on in Belgium! I agree, from memory being a student is great when it comes to time but pretty bad when it comes to stress!

Lisbeth
01-06-2004, 10:30 PM
Hmm, Adelaide? I think it's half an hour behind Sydney and it's currently 10:30 in Sydney, so I guess it's 10am?

Why?

Ashie_87
01-06-2004, 10:30 PM
anyone here?

Lisbeth
01-06-2004, 10:32 PM
Yep, me and Chandra!

chandra
01-06-2004, 10:34 PM
I am taking off to bed...
When is it starting? 10 am in adelaide but how late is it now ?

nice talking to you

Ashie_87
01-06-2004, 10:35 PM
Yep, me and Chandra!
YAY!!! someone to talk to!!! :D how are you Jane? and a belated merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :)

Lisbeth
Oooooh, it's in Perth, not Adelaide! It's currently 7:35am in Perth. I think it starts at 10am Perth time, so the doubles won't be till several hours after that!

Good night Chandra!

Jess
Hello :wavey: :bounce:
Two and a half hours till first match starts... :bounce:
And I've just been offered the uni place I want!!! :bounce:

Ashie_87
01-06-2004, 10:37 PM
Hello :wavey: :bounce:
Two and a half hours till first match starts... :bounce:
And I've just been offered the uni place I want!!! :bounce:
:woohoo: :aparty: Congrats!!!!
that means the wait to gete from L.A to NZ wasnt a waste ;)

Lisbeth
01-06-2004, 10:38 PM
Thanks! Did you have a nice Chrissy etc?
I did! But this week I'm back at work - it really does not feel right working in January, LOL. It's not that busy though, plenty of time to work AND talk to you guys!

Do I recall correctly that you live in Perth? Or are you another Sydney girl?

Jess
01-06-2004, 10:39 PM
Thank you! Hopefully will be a good day! I'm getting taken out later to celebrate! :bounce:
Hopefully the match will be good as well!

Lisbeth
01-06-2004, 10:39 PM
That's GREAT Jessica!! And just one day after the interview? Wow, you sure made an impression.

Will you be living in college while you're at uni? When will you start?

Ashie_87
01-06-2004, 10:40 PM
Thanks! Did you have a nice Chrissy etc?
I did! But this week I'm back at work - it really does not feel right working in January, LOL. It's not that busy though, plenty of time to work AND talk to you guys!

Do I recall correctly that you live in Perth? Or are you another Sydney girl?
my christmas was...questionable...and confusing... :scratch: awww working in hot weather does NOT feel right!!! and yeah im a Sydney girl ;)

Lisbeth
01-06-2004, 10:42 PM
That doesn't sound good. Do you want to say why confusing? Sorry about the Perth thing, I think I'm thinking of Keta now I think about it ... not that there's anything wrong with Perth, LOL!

Ashie_87
01-06-2004, 10:44 PM
That doesn't sound good. Do you want to say why confusing? Sorry about the Perth thing, I think I'm thinking of Keta now I think about it ... not that there's anything wrong with Perth, LOL!
mmm...well...it was confusing coz i found out that my mum is moving out...she told (sorry, no-yelled :rolleyes: ) my dad on christmas day and i was in the next room so i could hear everything....and i think it was weird coz i finally figured out how bad things actually were with them... :sad: :confused:
and no theres isnt anything wrong with Perth ;) especially if Hopman Cup is there :p

Jess
01-06-2004, 10:45 PM
That's GREAT Jessica!! And just one day after the interview? Wow, you sure made an impression.

Will you be living in college while you're at uni? When will you start?

The place I've been offered is at Uni of Otago in Dunedin which is where I want to go. Had an hours interview this morning and they told me there and then which was great. I haven't heard from the one in Auckland that I went to yesterday but they said they'd contact me at home back in England.

Yeah I'm living at uni in the first year anyway and hopefully (still have to pass my exams :rolleyes: ) will start next January!

Ashie_87
01-06-2004, 10:47 PM
The place I've been offered is at Uni of Otago in Dunedin which is where I want to go. Had an hours interview this morning and they told me there and then which was great. I haven't heard from the one in Auckland that I went to yesterday but they said they'd contact me at home back in England.

Yeah I'm living at uni in the first year anyway and hopefully (still have to pass my exams :rolleyes: ) will start next January!
thats really good you found out right there :) what are you going to study?

Chesty Larue
01-06-2004, 10:49 PM
:wavey: Southern Hemisphere girls ;)

Congrats Jessica! :D

Lisbeth
mmm...well...it was confusing coz i found out that my mum is moving out...she told (sorry, no-yelled :rolleyes: ) my dad on christmas day and i was in the next room so i could hear everything....and i think it was weird coz i finally figured out how bad things actually were with them... :sad: :confused:
and no theres isnt anything wrong with Perth ;) especially if Hopman Cup is there :p

:hug: :hug: that sounds awful for you - no wonder it was confusing! In the long run life will be better for everyone if your parents lead separate but happy lives. But it's very tough on you at this time. "Interesting" timing on your mum's part, but I guess we all have a breaking point!

Ashie_87
:bigwave:

Jess
01-06-2004, 10:51 PM
thats really good you found out right there :) what are you going to study?

Medicine :rolleyes:

:hugs: I hope things calm down a bit for you at home - that's tough happening right at Chrismtas like that. :hugs:

Ashie_87
01-06-2004, 10:51 PM
:hug: :hug: that sounds awful for you - no wonder it was confusing! In the long run life will be better for everyone if your parents lead separate but happy lives. But it's very tough on you at this time. "Interesting" timing on your mum's part, but I guess we all have a breaking point!

i think her breaking point was around june/july when she told us that she wanted out...those were he exact words...i remember that so clearly coz i was watching the French Open final as she said it...she has bad timing :rolleyes: :p

Lisbeth
01-06-2004, 10:52 PM
I'm sure you will pass, Jessica, and I's sure the uni thinks that too or they wouldn't have made an offer! You'll be able to enjoy your last year of school knowing that you have the place you want too!

Ashie_87
01-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Medicine :rolleyes:

:hugs: I hope things calm down a bit for you at home - that's tough happening right at Chrismtas like that. :hugs:

Medicine is good :) and thanks :kiss: i hope they calm down to-its been going on for several years now... :confused:

Lisbeth
01-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Isn't Dunedin quite famous for medicine? I think my sister (who is a doctor) did a short course there during her physician training. 6 weeks or something.

Lisbeth
01-06-2004, 10:56 PM
It's hard to realise that parents are actually normal people with good sides and not-so-good sides and breaking points. Maybe her timing is just so bad at the moment because she feels overwhelmed. There's never an easy answer to things like this. Do you have any siblings at home?

Ashie_87
01-06-2004, 10:58 PM
It's hard to realise that parents are actually normal people with good sides and not-so-good sides and breaking points. Maybe her timing is just so bad at the moment because she feels overwhelmed. There's never an easy answer to things like this. So you have any siblings at home?
you're right...i know it...bit its still very confusing...and yeah i have a 20 year old brother (he's moving out in May) and an almost 25 year old sister (shes moving out this year to) so im kinda glad that they've decided to split... :o coz then i wont be the only one left at home to deal with them...i feel SO bad for that :o

Jess
01-06-2004, 10:59 PM
Isn't Dunedin quite famous for medicine? I think my sister (who is a doctor) did a short course there during her physician training. 6 weeks or something.

It's got a better reputation than the course in Auckland, and there aren't that many places you can study medicine in New Zealand. It's a nice uni though and all my friends are here. My boyfriend's been offered a place at the same uni (which may have assisted my decision :lol: )

Ashie_87
01-06-2004, 11:00 PM
i must be off. thanks for the chat ladies. :kiss:

Lisbeth
01-06-2004, 11:03 PM
No, don't feel bad. You're almost an adult and have as much right to have a view on family dynamics as anyone. Of course, you can't send someone away that doesn't want to go (LOL!) but you have every right to be happy or sad about the timing of things.

In a way, it's not bad that the others are moving out too because the whole dynamic of your family will change over the next year, not just your parents. that way you can all come up with new, more adult ways to relate. I have to say, that's always a slightly painful and confusing time anyway, but the results are worth it if a family can all relate as adults instead of mummy-daddy-little kids dynamic.

Well, good luck anyway.

Lisbeth
01-06-2004, 11:04 PM
It's got a better reputation than the course in Auckland, and there aren't that many places you can study medicine in New Zealand. It's a nice uni though and all my friends are here. My boyfriend's been offered a place at the same uni (which may have assisted my decision :lol: )

Ha! Sounds like as good a reason as any to me ;)

Chesty Larue
01-06-2004, 11:05 PM
oh gotta go for dinner..:wavey:

I'll be back for sure though for Kim's match ;) and the rest of that tie :D

Jess
01-06-2004, 11:06 PM
Ha! Sounds like as good a reason as any to me ;)

Well we've lived in different countries for most of the time we've been going out so I think it's about time we at least lived in the same city :lol: ;)

Lisbeth
01-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Bye! I will be here on and off but an working at the same time, so apologies if I disappear.

Danni
01-06-2004, 11:20 PM
:wavey:
Congrats on your uni spot Jessica :bigclap: :kiss:
And sorry about your pasrents Ashleigh :hug:

Jess
01-06-2004, 11:23 PM
Hi Danni :wavey:

Danni
01-06-2004, 11:27 PM
Hey! How are you today? Looking foward to the Lleyki match today? :)

Jess
01-06-2004, 11:28 PM
Yes :bounce: trying to waste time before it starts :lol:
Only an hour and a half to go :bounce:

Danni
01-06-2004, 11:30 PM
LOL, me too. Actually I'm packing/ironing cos I'm going away (hopefully) after the mixed doubles. I'm leaving at about 5 or 6, so I hope I get to watch it.

Jess
01-06-2004, 11:31 PM
Just ordered the '03 Davis Cup year book..... :rolleyes: ways to waste money online....

Danni
01-06-2004, 11:35 PM
Hee, good for you.
Btw, Where are you, atm?

Jess
01-06-2004, 11:37 PM
I'm at home in Dunedin. Got four days here before have to go back to England :rolleyes:

Danni
01-06-2004, 11:41 PM
Did you get jet lagged?
Lucky me- I have a cold in the middle of summer!:rolleyes:

Jess
01-06-2004, 11:48 PM
:hug - colds in the summer that's bad luck. I did get a bit jet lagged - crossing the date line is very confusing :rolleyes:
Hope you're feeling better :hug - maybe the Lleyki match will cheer you up :lol:

Danni
01-06-2004, 11:52 PM
Yeah, I hope so. :) Who are you going for? I'm undecided, but probably leaning towards Australia cos
1- I'm an aussie
2- I think there's less of a chance of a kiss at the net if Lleyton loses cos he might be a bit cranky if he loses to his fiance :p

Jess
01-06-2004, 11:56 PM
I think I'm cheering for Aussie -.... although I hope it's a close match and the mixed is played live. It should be - Kim should beat Alicia and Xavier is not very reliable.
I don't think he'll be too upset about losing the mixed as long as he beats Xavier. It doesn't seem to be a competition they're taking very seriously.

kim4eva
01-06-2004, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I hope so. :) Who are you going for? I'm undecided, but probably leaning towards Australia cos
1- I'm an aussie
2- I think there's less of a chance of a kiss at the net if Lleyton loses cos he might be a bit cranky if he loses to his fiance :p

g'day danni! :wavey:
yeah these points prolly will be what i'd think too :D but i dunno...it would be real cool if Kim/Xavier beats Lleyton/Alicia...i mean, Kim has been wanting to do this for ages :devil:

Danni
01-06-2004, 11:59 PM
I hope it's live too, Xavier better not have one of his good days, otherwise Lleyton could be in trouble. But I think he'll be okay in the end.

Jess
01-07-2004, 12:01 AM
I reckon Lleyton seems in pretty good shape for the start of a season.
In a way it would be nice for Kim to win the mixed as she's always moaning that she never beats Lleyton at anything

Danni
01-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Yeah, i could imagine KIm being totally thrilled if she beat Lleyton and I think the media would love it. Hopefully, it's just a really entertaning match, and the interviews afterwards should be interesting ;)

Jess
01-07-2004, 12:06 AM
Yeah hopefully the interviews should be good. I think the media have been a bit unfair on Lleyton this week saying he's been a bit sulky when asked about Kim etc... I saw a clip of him and he seemed really cheerful.
I really don't think he'd mind much. Might just pretend to in the interview :)

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 12:06 AM
you're so lucky to have tv coverage on it...i think i get to watch the replay of the singles after a couple of hours but i'm no so sure i'd get to watch the mixed doubles :o

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 12:07 AM
may i ask you what time (aus) are the matches gonna start?

Danni
01-07-2004, 12:08 AM
Keira! :hug: I'm sure there will be lots of photos and everyone here with coverage will tell you all about it. Plus a think a couple of people are at the Hopman Cup so you'll gte to hear lots of details.

Jess
01-07-2004, 12:09 AM
Hiya - sorry I don't think I know your name Kim4eva - the matches start 10am Perth time. (just less than an hour)

I don't have coverage either :rolleyes: just got to rely on scroeboards.

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 12:10 AM
yo! thanks Danni :kiss: I can't wait for the matches to start! :bounce:

Lisbeth
01-07-2004, 12:11 AM
I think Kim will get a kiss either way! Lleyton is remarkably good natured when it comes to Kim, LOL!

Wish it would hurry up and begin though.

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 12:12 AM
Hiya - sorry I don't think I know your name Kim4eva - the matches start 10am Perth time. (just less than an hour)

I don't have coverage either :rolleyes: just got to rely on scroeboards.

g'day Jess! :wavey: I'm Keira :D
dun worry :hug:...i rely on scoreboards through out the whole year! (except for the grandslams :))

Jess
01-07-2004, 12:12 AM
I know I wish it would hurry up to... if i stay online and bored much longer - I will waste far too much money online shopping :rolleyes:

I think she'll get a kiss either way :lol: he does seem to be particularly loved up at the moment.

Jess
01-07-2004, 12:13 AM
:wavey: Hiya Keira

Danni
01-07-2004, 12:16 AM
But if they shake hands with eachother second, they'll have to reach over Xavier and Alicia, so then there might not be a kiss. I'll be pissed if there isn't :( But if there's a cute interview afterwards that might make up for it. ;)

Jess
01-07-2004, 12:17 AM
But if they shake hands with eachother second, they'll have to reach over Xavier and Alicia, so then there might not be a kiss. I'll be pissed if there isn't :( But if there's a cute interview afterwards that might make up for it. ;)

Well they'll just have to make sure they're standing on the right side of each other ;)

Danni
01-07-2004, 12:19 AM
40 minutes to go.....:bounce:

Jess
01-07-2004, 12:21 AM
Yep..... :bounce: wish it would hurry up - they'd better start on time.

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 12:22 AM
This taking too long! I want the match to start already :p

Danni
01-07-2004, 12:23 AM
Me too! :( Especially since I'm leaving at 5 or 6 so I might not be able to watch all of the mixed doubles. :(

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 12:25 AM
Might as well add that I want Belgium to win the mixed ;) As mentioned, just cause Kim never beats Lleyton..this is her chance to get at least one win over him :p

Jess
Me too :bounce: I'm getting very impatient.

kim4eva
I just can't wait for it to start! :bounce:

Danni
01-07-2004, 12:27 AM
I reckon Belgium probably will win the doubles, Kim's the best doubles player of all of them and she was pretty good form the other day.

Jess
01-07-2004, 12:28 AM
Me too! :( Especially since I'm leaving at 5 or 6 so I might not be able to watch all of the mixed doubles. :(

I'm going out at 7 ... so I'm a bit worried I might miss the end.... :rolleyes: Don't *really* think my boyfriend will be too pleased if I turn down going out for dinner in favour of following tennis on the internet ;)

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 12:29 AM
Is anyone here going to be watching it on tv?

Danni
01-07-2004, 12:30 AM
LOL- usually it's the guys obsessed with watching sports. :lol:

Lisbeth
On the other hand he'd better get used to it!

I think it will be over by 7pm. I think that's when the coverage in Oz is scheduled to stop so presumable that's as long as the organisers expect any of the ties to go.

Danni
Yeah, I'm watching it on tv ;)

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 12:31 AM
I reckon Belgium probably will win the doubles, Kim's the best doubles player of all of them and she was pretty good form the other day.

yup :) Kim is a wonderful doubles player...I saw her at Wimbly last year playing with Ai and they were just incredible :angel: i'll miss em so much :sad:

Lisbeth
01-07-2004, 12:31 AM
I will hopefully watch some of it on TV - depends on the timing and how busy work is by then.

Danni
01-07-2004, 12:32 AM
yup :) Kim is a wonderful doubles player...I saw her at Wimbly last year playing with Ai and they were just incredible :angel: i'll miss em so much :sad:
Yeah, I wish she'd start playing mixed doubles with Lleyton again. :)

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 12:32 AM
oh good..as long as there is someone to fill in the details ;) :D

Jess
01-07-2004, 12:33 AM
Will be an interesting match....
Half an hour to go :bounce:

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 12:34 AM
Yeah, I wish she'd start playing mixed doubles with Lleyton again. :)

that'll be :hearts: too bad it wouldn't happen too soon... :sad:

Danni
01-07-2004, 12:34 AM
I wish they played mixed doubles first...:p

Lisbeth
01-07-2004, 12:35 AM
I think the problem with mixed doubles is that (apart from Hopman, of course) it's only really played at slams, and Kim and Lleyton are (hopefully) kind of busy then. I think Kim is even cutting back on women's doubles this year to conserve her energy for singles. A pity but given situations like the USO last year she really has no choice at this time in her career.

Jess
01-07-2004, 12:35 AM
Would be good if they started playing together. But I don't think it'll happen while they both have serious chances of winning majors.
I kind of think it's good Kim's stopped the doubles. It can't be easy playing that many matches.

Lisbeth
01-07-2004, 12:36 AM

LOL, I was just thinking that. Don't these people realise it's the most important part of the day?!

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 12:38 AM

me too...but it wouldn't matter to me coz i don't think i'll have tv coverage :o i only get to watch the singles matches later...

Lisbeth
01-07-2004, 12:38 AM
I can see it happening in, say, 5 years or so if one of the retires but comes back for the doubles - eg if Kimmy has kids or something. Not that I want them to retire but I could see that happening.

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 12:39 AM
LOL, I was just thinking that. Don't these people realise it's the most important part of the day?!

nope coz everyone would prolly watch the doubles and then leave when they play the singles... :p

Jess
01-07-2004, 12:39 AM
Would be good to have mixed first... then we can find pics while the singles are playing... :lol:
On the other hand though it'll be good seeing them play each other when it's actually decicsive.

Danni
01-07-2004, 12:42 AM
15 minutes to go :bounce:

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 12:43 AM
Mixed first would be rather anti-climatic don't you think :p We already have a pretty good idea who will win the singles.

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 12:44 AM
can't wait! :bounce:

Lisbeth
01-07-2004, 12:45 AM
Weird for them though. It will be interesting to see if they are both really competitive, or if it takes on a Williams-style lacklustre tone. I think the former because Lleyton will be pumped up and Kim will rise to the occasion! I don't think we'll see many "c'mon"s though.

Jess
01-07-2004, 12:46 AM
Yeah that's kind of what I meant... it would take a lot for Alicia to beat Kim.... and it's unlikely that Xavier would beat Lleyton. Mixed at the end is exciting...

Fourteen minutes to go :bounce:

Danni
01-07-2004, 12:46 AM
Mixed first would be rather anti-climatic don't you think :p We already have a pretty good idea who will win the singles.
So they should just skip the singles matches, and go straight to the doubles :p

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 12:47 AM
Fourteen minutes to go :bounce:

Are we counting off every minute or what? :p
nah, I wish it starts earlier too! :D

Jess
01-07-2004, 12:48 AM
Weird for them though. It will be interesting to see if they are both really competitive, or if it takes on a Williams-style lacklustre tone. I think the former because Lleyton will be pumped up and Kim will rise to the occasion! I don't think we'll see many "c'mon"s though.

Hmm, I'm not sure how competitive they'll be.... :lol: it's difficult to imagine Lleyton doing anything by halves but i wonder if he'd really serve as hard as possible against Kim...
Will be interesting....

12 minutes to go :bounce:

Lisbeth
01-07-2004, 12:48 AM
Don't be so practical Ileana! Danni's idea's good though. Keep Alicia and Xavier fresh for the doubles!

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 12:49 AM
About 10 minutes to go ;)

and then warm ups :p

Danni
01-07-2004, 12:50 AM
Hmm, I'm not sure how competitive they'll be.... :lol: it's difficult to imagine Lleyton doing anything by halves but i wonder if he'd really serve as hard as possible against Kim...
Will be interesting....

12 minutes to go :bounce:
i reckon Kim will be pissing herself laughing the whole time and they'll both do their best but not really care what happens.

Jess
01-07-2004, 12:50 AM
Ah warm ups - they're a pain... couldn't they warm up on a practice court? :p

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 12:51 AM
Don't be so practical Ileana! Danni's idea's good though. Keep Alicia and Xavier fresh for the doubles!

lol..*Practical self out the window*

Mixed doubles for everyone! :D :bounce:

Jess
01-07-2004, 12:52 AM
i reckon Kim will be pissing herself laughing the whole time and they'll both do their best but not really care what happens.

lol - that would be quite funny..... if it's a dead rubber that'll happen for sure beause they won't care it'll just become a joke game...

Danni
01-07-2004, 12:53 AM
Ah warm ups - they're a pain... couldn't they warm up on a practice court? :p
We are just SO patient :p :lol:

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 12:54 AM
We are just SO patient :p :lol:

i cant wait! i cant wait! yup we're very patient :lol: :p

Danni
01-07-2004, 12:55 AM
3 minutes to go :bounce:

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 12:56 AM
They say Patience is a virtue :angel:

I say I've already got plenty of virtue's I don't need another one :p

Lisbeth
It can't be a dead rubber because that would mean one of them lost the singles and that's simply impossible.

Jess
Well I've been online for two and a half hours now. I've had enough waiting.

Four minutes to go :bounce:

Jess
01-07-2004, 12:58 AM
It can't be a dead rubber because that would mean one of them lost the singles and that's simply impossible.

Sorry :lol: Will not even *think* such a thing.

TWO MINUTES TO GO :BOUNCE:

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 12:58 AM
2 more minutes to go! :bounce:

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 12:59 AM
1 minute to go! :bounce: :bounce:

Jess
01-07-2004, 12:59 AM
OK - Are they on court now....

They are not allowed to be late. :bounce:

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 01:00 AM
and cue the warmups ;) :p

Danni
01-07-2004, 01:01 AM
My sister just informed me I can't be on the computer and the tv at the same time, so I'm off.
Bye all :wavey:

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Later Danni :wavey:

Jess
01-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Bye Danni :wavey:

Does anyone else have coverage :p

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 01:03 AM
My sister just informed me I can't be on the computer and the tv at the same time, so I'm off.
Bye all :wavey:

cya Danni! :wavey:

Jess
01-07-2004, 01:04 AM
Ok - now how long does it take to warm up :rolleyes:

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 01:04 AM
Don't look at me i'm on the wrong side of the world :p

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 01:05 AM
5 minutes late :(

Jess
01-07-2004, 01:06 AM
You'd think coverage would be easy to come by here being just across the sea... alas they are not that sensible... :rolleyes:

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 01:06 AM
You'd think coverage would be easy to come by here being just across the sea... alas they are not that sensible... :rolleyes:

In fact..if you were still in London, I think you would've had coverage :o

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 01:07 AM
oh come on...start now! :o

Jess
Wish I got to be a tv scheduler.... I'd have Lleyki matches on every time they were played.

Jess
Woohoo :bounce: :bounce:
THE SCOREBOARD IS UP....

C'MON KIM! :lol:

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 01:08 AM
We're underway! :D

Kim serving ;)

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 01:08 AM
I would say i wish I'm still in aus :rolleyes:

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 01:09 AM
GOoo Kimmie! :bounce:

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 01:09 AM
Kim up 1-0 ;)

Jess
01-07-2004, 01:10 AM
Held serve :bounce:

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 01:10 AM
C'mon Kim! :bounce:

Jess
01-07-2004, 01:11 AM
Now, Kim I know it's a lot to ask but if you could get on with it it would be much appreciated ;) Thanks.... :lol:
Going out in four hours....

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 01:12 AM
Now, Kim I know it's a lot to ask but if you could get on with it it would be much appreciated ;) Thanks.... :lol:
Going out in four hours....

I don't think it's Kim ya gotta worry about ;) It's Lleyton and Xavier that might take all day :o :p

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 01:12 AM
1-1 :(

Jess
01-07-2004, 01:13 AM
Yeah Alicia held serve :rolleyes:
Oh well I guess she's gotta win at least one game

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 01:14 AM
don't get me wrong...i support Alicia whenever she's not playing against Kim :p

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 01:15 AM
C'mon Kimmie! :bounce:
2-1 :D

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 01:15 AM
I'm in the favorable position of not have any ties to Belgium or Australia..My faves are almost 100% assured of never playing someone from my country :o

Jess
01-07-2004, 01:16 AM
2-1
I don't really follow Alicia much... and as I'm not Australian I'm very much a Kim supporter here :lol:

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 01:17 AM
Alright that's enough messing around...I want a break :p

Jess
I'm in the favorable position of not have any ties to Belgium or Australia..My faves are almost 100% assured of never playing someone from my country :o

lol - same here.

kim4eva

I support Australia, men or wta whenever I could...but just not against Kim :p

Jess
01-07-2004, 01:18 AM
Alright that's enough messing around...I want a break :p

lol - give the poor girl a chance :rolleyes:

Jess
01-07-2004, 01:19 AM
break point

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 01:20 AM
bp missed :(

Let's get another one :D

Jess
01-07-2004, 01:21 AM
another bp missed.... c'mon kim don't lose it ....

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 01:22 AM
3-1 :D

Jess
3rd time lucky :bounce:
3-1 Kimmie

Chesty Larue
and she gets the break :D

Now hold ;)

Jess
01-07-2004, 01:24 AM
Held

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 01:24 AM
4-1 :D :woohoo: :yeah:
keep going Kimmie! :worship:

Jess
01-07-2004, 01:30 AM
Well that was a bit careless ;) 4-2

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 01:32 AM
C'mon Kim :bounce:

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 01:33 AM
:scratch: wtaworld seems to be dying on me a bit :(

star
01-07-2004, 01:34 AM
:eek: Break point against Kim

Jess
Molik broke back :o

kim4eva
Kim 4-3 :(
COME ON KIM! :bounce:

star
01-07-2004, 01:35 AM
:fiery:

Alicia broke!

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 01:36 AM
Kim :) 5-3

Jess
01-07-2004, 01:36 AM
Well that was fairly emphatic :lol:

5-3

Lisbeth
01-07-2004, 01:38 AM
Rats, have to go to a meeting now. Will be back in an hour and half. Bye folks.

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 01:38 AM
cya! :wavey:

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 01:39 AM
Kimmie 6-3 took the first set! :yeah:

Jess
01-07-2004, 01:39 AM
and then hold to love
First set Kimmie :lol:

Obviously just got distracted for a game in the middle - maybe Lleyton started jumping around in the crowd trying to put her off ;)

Jess
01-07-2004, 01:40 AM
Bye Jane :wavey:

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 01:40 AM
maybe Lleyton started jumping around in the crowd trying to put her off ;)

:lol: maybe that's true :p...

star
01-07-2004, 01:41 AM
Well, that was a clever way for Kim to finish off the set. :)

Jess
01-07-2004, 01:42 AM
Now just get on with the second nice and quickly!

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 01:43 AM
goo kim :bounce:

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 01:43 AM
I hate those little concentration lapses she has :p

Jess
01-07-2004, 01:47 AM
I hate those little concentration lapses she has :p
I know - it's no so important here - but in finals of grand slams :o it is VERY frustrating!

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 01:50 AM
Let's go Kim..Time to kick it up a notch!

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 01:50 AM
Kim 1-2 :(

Jess
01-07-2004, 01:51 AM
Please just get a move on and finish her off Kim :p

Alicia's actually putting up a better defense than I thought she might. Maybe Hantchucova is just really struggling these days..

star
01-07-2004, 01:51 AM
I know - it's no so important here - but in finals of grand slams :o it is VERY frustrating!''

It's the most frustrating thing about her. She probably was just hitting errors there for no particular reason.

star
01-07-2004, 01:52 AM

Alicia's actually putting up a better defense than I thought she might. Maybe Hantchucova is just really struggling these days..

From the way she played in her next match, I think we can say that Dani is really struggling. It looks like last year all over again.

Jess
01-07-2004, 01:52 AM
for goodness sake don't let her break you Kim!

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 01:53 AM
C'MON Kim! :bounce:

Jess
01-07-2004, 01:54 AM
:rolleyes: What was that all about.....

Chesty Larue

yeah Alicia is hanging very well.

Hantuchova did herself in against Kim..I think she finished with something like 30+ UE's..You can't do that against a quality opponent.

Dani came pretty close to getting royally spanked by Mandula yesterday :o

kim4eva
Kim 1-3 :fiery:

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 01:55 AM
k what the hell is Kim doing?! :mad:

Jess
01-07-2004, 01:56 AM
maybe she doesn't want to play lleyton live?

kim4eva

Jess
Or maybe she's been taking too many tips from Xavier about concentrating in matches :rolleyes:

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 01:57 AM
what the ? Kim 1-4 :fiery:

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 01:57 AM
maybe she doesn't want to play lleyton live?

I think Lleyton is probably the last thing on her mind :p

1-4 :rolleyes:

Seriously Kim! Pick it up!

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 01:58 AM
C'MON KIM!

Jess
01-07-2004, 01:58 AM
I think Lleyton is probably the last thing on her mind :p

1-4 :rolleyes:

Seriously Kim! Pick it up!

Probably is now :p She's come back from much worse than this before. Wish I could see what's happening :rolleyes:

star
01-07-2004, 01:59 AM
:eek:

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 02:00 AM
Kim 2-4

Jess
4-2 now for goodness sake break her back.

kim4eva
C'mon Kim! :bounce: Where's your fighting spirit?

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 02:02 AM
Alicia held to love :rolleyes:

Jess
5-2 - - - what is going on :rolleyes:

kim4eva

Jess
01-07-2004, 02:03 AM
Could well be a third set here....

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 02:04 AM
Kim's gotta win the third set...

Jess
is there soemthing wrong with her?!

Chesty Larue
Seems the third set is inevitable :(

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 02:05 AM
is there soemthing wrong with her?!

I don't know..but this is totally not Kim like..

Jess
01-07-2004, 02:06 AM
That was a bit of a fightback

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 02:07 AM
C'mon Kim! :bounce:

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 02:08 AM
Kim 3-5

Jess
01-07-2004, 02:10 AM
Maybe a third sets not so inevitable after all....

kim4eva
:D 4-5...hehe, looks like Kim's fighting back!

star
WOW!!! 4-5

Jess
01-07-2004, 02:13 AM
c'mon just hold here - please....

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 02:14 AM
c'mon Kim

star
01-07-2004, 02:15 AM
That was very close.... whew!!

star
01-07-2004, 02:16 AM
I was like......... noooooooooooooooooooooo when Alicia had that set point.

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 02:17 AM
Kim :D 5-5

star
01-07-2004, 02:17 AM
:yippee: :yippee:

5 all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jess
01-07-2004, 02:18 AM
phew!!!!
She really likes to work for it doesn't she! :rolleyes:

Now for goodness sake - break then hold! That was soooo nerve wracking

kim4eva
:woohoo: FIGHT Kimmie! :bounce:

Chesty Larue
Second match of the season and already she's giving me a heart attack :p

Jess
01-07-2004, 02:19 AM
lol - get used to heart failure - the aussie opens in 2 weeks! I can't imagine that'll be uneventful!

star
01-07-2004, 02:20 AM
Finally, they got the rackets switched. I was thinking I was imagining things.

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 02:21 AM
:fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Jess
01-07-2004, 02:21 AM
Okay - just hold serve then and deal with the tie break :rolleyes:

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 02:22 AM
this is depressing...

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 02:24 AM
ah well not really again! 6-6...

Jess
01-07-2004, 02:24 AM
Oh for goodness sake :rolleyes: :o
She can hold to love perfectly easily - why on earth couldn't she have done that half an hour ago and saved us all a lot of stressing!

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 02:25 AM
on wtaworld one poster said Kim is having trouble handling Molik's power :confused: I don't understand that at all..

Knockers LaBroad
01-07-2004, 02:26 AM
:wavey: mornig!:yawn:

Can someone give a nice little recap on the match so far, please?

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 02:27 AM
on wtaworld one poster said Kim is having trouble handling Molik's power :confused: I don't understand that at all..

no idea why that person's saying that...prolly coz she/he's a molik fan?

Jess
01-07-2004, 02:27 AM
Molik is supposed to have a strong serve isn't she.... that could explain it. Up a mini-break

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 02:28 AM
Kim 6-2 :D

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 02:29 AM
no idea why that person's saying that...prolly coz she/he's a molik fan?

So far it's the only explanation offered..I'm listening if anyone else wants to say what's going on..

kim4eva
Kim 6-4 :fiery:

Jess
Throwing away match points :rolleyes:

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 02:30 AM
:fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 02:31 AM
:fiery::fiery::fiery::fiery::fiery::fiery::fiery:

Chesty Larue
01-07-2004, 02:31 AM
I'm taking off..I don't wanna watch this

Jess
01-07-2004, 02:32 AM
Unbeleivable!!!
Come back from 5-2 down to go to a tiebreak - then THROW AWAY FIVE MATCH POINTS :o :o :o :o
Why!

kim4eva
I'm really really pissed atm

Jess
I'm gonna give up in a minute! She'd better come back fighting in the third.... not that there should have been a third...

Jess
01-07-2004, 02:33 AM
I'm really really pissed atm

I think we all are :rolleyes:

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 02:34 AM
I think we all are :rolleyes:

i feel like crying

kim4eva
01-07-2004, 02:35 AM
Kim 1-0