The "So You're Saying It's A Party In Your Pants." Thread 01 [Archive] - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

The "So You're Saying It's A Party In Your Pants." Thread 01

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Jess
01-16-2004, 01:07 AM
Right - all finished :rolleyes: just got to go and print the stupid thing now - then go to bed!
See you tomorrow.

Angele
01-16-2004, 01:09 AM
Goodnight Jess :wavey:

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 01:30 AM
Well I'm back earlier than expected.

Angele are you still here?

Angele
01-16-2004, 01:34 AM
yup, still here :)

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 01:44 AM
Good, I'll hang around then. Caught a glimpse of a TV a while ago. They were showing Melbourne - Roddick was beating Nalbandian but looking pretty hot and bothered. Terrible hairdo (sorry, I know you like him but his new hairs is just really, really awful!). I suspect Sydney is rain delayed.

Angele
01-16-2004, 01:47 AM
who's hair is awful? Andy's? And don't worry about it, I've had to deal with worst things said about Andy!

Angele
01-16-2004, 01:48 AM
Lleyton's only the fourth match I think, doesn't look good for him getting his match in today :(

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 01:53 AM
Not sure what's happening with the

Yes, Andy, He looks like a cross between a scarecrow and a scruffy adolsecent who just got out of bed. Never mind, I'm sure Brad will turn up soon and tell him how to dress/comb his hair (a la the visor incident, LOL!).

Apparently he's playing OK though, which is really a lot more important than his hairdo!!

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 01:54 AM
Sorry, I meant "not sure what's happening with the weather".

Angele
01-16-2004, 01:55 AM
Not sure what's happening with the

Yes, Andy, He looks like a cross between a scarecrow and a scruffy adolsecent who just got out of bed. Never mind, I'm sure Brad will turn up soon and tell him how to dress/comb his hair (a la the visor incident, LOL!).

Apparently he's playing OK though, which is really a lot more important than his hairdo!!
Andy's hair is always a little weird :o you're right though, Brad will fix it :lol:

Glad to know he's at least playing well enough to win. I was a little :unsure: after his first round loss last week.

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 01:59 AM
I think it was something like 6-3 2-2 when I saw it so he had his nose in front.

All the players are a bit rusty I think, which is one thing giving me a glimmer of hope for Lleyton.

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 02:02 AM
Hmm spoke too soon I'm afraid. Ch 7 now saying Nalbandian won the second 7-6 and leads the 3rd 2-0. Sounds like a good workout for both of them though.

I completely do not understand how that "tournament" works. I don't blame Lleyton for preferring Sydney,

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 02:04 AM
btw, did you see someone on WTA World claiming the draw was rigged because Venus drew Ashley?! I wish Kim had drawn Ashley!

Angele
01-16-2004, 02:05 AM
Lleyton seems to be doing well so far, let's hope he's gonna keep it up :) Lleyton is a much, much better player than his ranking indicates and now that his passion is back, things are looking good for him!!

Angele
01-16-2004, 02:05 AM
btw, did you see someone on WTA World claiming the draw was rigged because Venus drew Ashley?! I wish Kim had drawn Ashley!
Yeah I saw that... can I ask why? Ashley's turning into quite a good player.

Angele
01-16-2004, 02:06 AM
Hmm spoke too soon I'm afraid. Ch 7 now saying Nalbandian won the second 7-6 and leads the 3rd 2-0. Sounds like a good workout for both of them though.

I completely do not understand how that "tournament" works. I don't blame Lleyton for preferring Sydney,
Damn :(

The tournament is some kind of round robin is it not? I've never followed it too much.

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 02:09 AM
Maybe you've seen more matches than I have but to me she looks like no better than an OK player who gets a lot of publicity because she's better than the average American on clay and beat a sick, dejected Hantuchova in an early round of RG. has she had any other big wins? They don't show her a lot here - Overtly Christian Round-faced Girly Cheerleader is not a really popular style in Oz.

But actually, the reason is that I think Kim can easily overpower Harkleroad on any almost any day, whereas there's a one in 10 chance that a wild but powerful player like Weingartner could hit her groove and win.

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 02:11 AM
5-2 Nalbandian in the third. Roddick's coming back! (It was 5-1!).

BTW, the draws are up on the AO website if you want to really examine them (I intend to shortly!).

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 02:13 AM
Yeah, some sort of round robin but what sort I can't tell. The site says everyone plays 3 matches in 4 days but unless everyone plays on the final day (ie they have losers' finals as well!) I can only count 2 matches each! I don't really follow it either except that it's always on when I'm trying to check out REAL tennis!

Murkofan
01-16-2004, 02:14 AM
I'm no expert, but I think I'd call Ashley better than average. I'm not sure she's a Top Tenner or anything, but I think she's good. She made a final somewhere last week, and I think she's steadily improved over the last couple of seasons.

Angele
01-16-2004, 02:15 AM
Actually I haven't seen Ashley play too much. I do know that she made the semis or final last week or the week before that. I also don't know much about Weingartner though besides that she beat Jennifer in the first round last year but I kind of rolled that off as a fluke because I had never heard of the girl :o Their rankings are pretty similar, Ashley 5 spots or so higher. From what I know, I wouldn't be able to pick which one would be a better opponent for Kim lol. anyways that's why I asked why you thought Ashley would be better than Marlene (Maureen?) :confused:

Angele
01-16-2004, 02:17 AM
Yeah, some sort of round robin but what sort I can't tell. The site says everyone plays 3 matches in 4 days but unless everyone plays on the final day (ie they have losers' finals as well!) I can only count 2 matches each! I don't really follow it either except that it's always on when I'm trying to check out REAL tennis!
That sounds off :scratch: Maybe everybody does play on the final day.

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 02:19 AM
OK well I'll take your word about Ashley. I still think Venus has a 99% chance of beating her, even badly underdone!

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 02:20 AM
Wow, Nalbandian now only leads 5-4, looks like some grit from Roddick there.

Angele
01-16-2004, 02:21 AM
OK well I'll take your word about Ashley. I still think Venus has a 99% chance of beating her, even badly underdone!
So do I, I can't see Venus losing to Ashley.

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 02:27 AM
Just checked Kim's draw in detail though I don't know why I'm torturing myself given her condition. Coetzer 3rd round, Conchita Martinez 4th, then Myskina or Rubin. Could be a whole lot worse. I would say Rubin has a chance if Kim withdraws.

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 02:29 AM
Scoreboard crashed but I think they're playing a tie break. Impressive comeback from Roddick.

Angele
01-16-2004, 02:30 AM
Scoreboard crashed but I think they're playing a tie break. Impressive comeback from Roddick.
:bigclap:

Murkofan
01-16-2004, 02:31 AM
I'd think Rubin would have a chance too, but she's had a tendency to choke the last few months.

Angele
01-16-2004, 02:32 AM
Just checked Kim's draw in detail though I don't know why I'm torturing myself given her condition. Coetzer 3rd round, Conchita Martinez 4th, then Myskina or Rubin. Could be a whole lot worse. I would say Rubin has a chance if Kim withdraws.
Kim's draw is definetly a draw that she could cruise through if she were at full strength :(

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 02:35 AM
Although I'm not sure cruising has served her so well in the past.

Let's face it, the top 5 or so women all have it pretty cruisy till the 4th round at least.

Agassi has a cruisy draw too.

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 02:36 AM
I hate working on Fridays. Thank goodness I have tennis to amuse me!

Angele
01-16-2004, 02:37 AM
Yeah you're right Jane, blowing through the field hasn't helped her in the past :(

The woman's field is always so weak except right at the very top :(

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 02:37 AM
Hey Lusty, are you the gun-totin' one from Texas?

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 02:41 AM
A friend of mine wants to run a tennis breeding programme. It involves inseminating retired female players by men with comlimentary skills. Rafter and some gritty, fast girl, - Coetzer for example.

I think he got the idea from a comedy show here which proposed breeding the men and women's cricket teams, but backwards so No 11 in the women's order got #1 in the men, and so on. For the non-cricketers, #8-11 or so are usually your best bowlers while #1-5 are your best batspeople and in between you have allrounders. Thus, this programme would produce teams which can do everything.

It's all a bit 1984 - DON'T TELL JOHN HOWARD!

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 02:42 AM
Oh, by the way, the reason I mentioned that was that the first 100 babies from my friends' breeding programme were going to be girls so that by 2020 we actually had a proper women's tour!

Angele
01-16-2004, 02:45 AM
:lol: at your friend... he should wait and see what the graf-agassi babies achieve and see if it's worth the time and effort!

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 02:47 AM
Good point, but these babies weren't going to be abandoned to the risky setting of celebrity children. Oh no, he was going to hand them over to a Gavin Hopper style year round training school "only wackier, like with all the science but a tinge of Richard Williams", I think were the exact words. Probably a bit of HGH in the cereal too, LOL.

Murkofan
01-16-2004, 02:49 AM
Hey Lusty, are you the gun-totin' one from Texas?

Yes :D

Angele
01-16-2004, 02:51 AM
Good point, but these babies weren't going to be abandoned to the risky setting of celebrity children. Oh no, he was going to hand them over to a Gavin Hopper style year round training school "only wackier, like with all the science but a tinge of Richard Williams", I think were the exact words. Probably a bit of HGH in the cereal too, LOL.
Your friend sounds great lol

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 02:51 AM
Thanks, just trying to get everyone right in my head.

Murkofan
01-16-2004, 02:54 AM
You mean you don't need me to take someone out? :p

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 02:57 AM
He's quite funny. The theory was hatched one slightly alcohol-affected Friday evening but I believe it had something to do with him planning to retire in about 20 years and follow the slams around the world, but wanting to make sure he had decent matches to watch. A bit extreme but it was funny!

Angele
01-16-2004, 02:58 AM
Earlier I almost said I bet he'd be fun at a party but then I thought no, that might come off the wrong way but turns out I wasn't far off lol

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 02:58 AM
Well, there are a few people in tennis gear wandering around Sydney and Melbourne at the moment who might need a quick non-fatal leg injury.

Angele
01-16-2004, 03:00 AM
Well, there are a few people in tennis gear wandering around Sydney and Melbourne at the moment who might need a quick non-fatal leg injury.
:lol:

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 03:01 AM
sorry Angele, Nalbandian won. But sounded like a good match!

Still no news from Sydney. Hmm, I hope they get some play in today but it's certainly still raining here.

Angele
01-16-2004, 03:05 AM
That's ok Jane, at least Andy put up a good fight :)

Damn that rain :( I doubt Lleyton will get his match in today. Now if they can't play today what's gonna happen? Because I don't imagine they'll push the tournament to Sunday with some finalists possibly playing on monday at AO.

Murkofan
01-16-2004, 03:05 AM
Where were Roddick and Nalbandian playing?

Angele
01-16-2004, 03:06 AM
Where were Roddick and Nalbandian playing?
Kooyong (sp?)

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 03:08 AM
Some dumb thing called the Commonwealth Bank Classic which they hold at Kooyong (the old AO site) in Melbourne. 8 "top men" play it which guarantees them some good matches I suppose.

Murkofan
01-16-2004, 03:13 AM
I pff @ Kooyong :p

Angele
01-16-2004, 03:13 AM
Off to bed :yawn:

:wavey:

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 03:16 AM
Night Angele, sleep well!

I guess I'd better go do some work.

Chesty Larue
01-16-2004, 05:19 AM
omg Lindsay pulled out of the Adidas with a shoulder muscle strain :(

She could be doubtful for the AO..

When will the madness stop!! :eek:

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 05:23 AM
Speaking of mad, Moya was supposed to play before Lleyton but apparently was Lleyton randonly started because he leads Verkerk 4-2 but now there's another rain delay. Looking out my window I don't know when they even found time for 6 games!

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 05:25 AM
I am very unhappy for Lindsay.

Chesty Larue
01-16-2004, 06:41 AM
I apologize in advance to my Belgian friends..

Frank just took the first set 6-3 :D

He was down 1-3 and then reeled off 5 straight games against Vliegen to take the set :D

kim4eva
01-16-2004, 07:35 AM
heyo guys! :wavey:
I'm in aus! :woohoo: hope to cya guys around here later...good luck to Lleyton anyways :bounce:

tournesol
01-16-2004, 10:10 AM
I apologize in advance to my Belgian friends..

Frank just took the first set 6-3 :D

He was down 1-3 and then reeled off 5 straight games against Vliegen to take the set :D

fortunately my postive vibes arrived on time :cool: for the next 2 sets :p

Angele
01-16-2004, 12:24 PM
:wavey: Anybody here?

tournesol
01-16-2004, 02:31 PM

:wavey: me if you're still around, dagmar and christina

thanks all of you for the articles in the tourneys thread

dagmar7
01-16-2004, 02:44 PM
You are most welcome, dani.:D

Congrats again to your man, Kristof Vliegen. Has he qualified for a major before?

tournesol
01-16-2004, 03:10 PM
You are most welcome, dani.:D

Congrats again to your man, Kristof Vliegen. Has he qualified for a major before?

:wavey: his best result was a final at adelaide last year; he was defeated by davidenko; but since then not much except 1 or 2 victories in challenger in 2003 - he's un-consistent

i really hopes he makes it to the 1st round

Chesty Larue
01-16-2004, 03:44 PM
fortunately my postive vibes arrived on time :cool: for the next 2 sets :p

lol :p

We've still got one qualifing hope on the Women's side at least ;) Pelletier took out Kirilenko and Husarova :eek:

Angele
01-16-2004, 05:26 PM
Anybody here? :p

Chesty Larue
01-16-2004, 06:50 PM
Hey there is something written on Kim's site about her first round match...Belgians..Help!

Angele
01-16-2004, 06:51 PM
Hey Ileana :wavey: Something like if she's playing or not? :unsure:

Chesty Larue
01-16-2004, 06:53 PM
Hey Ileana :wavey: Something like if she's playing or not? :unsure:

No I don't think so..It looks like it's just saying who is in Kim's part of the draw. The last sentence is what I'm wondering about..

Angele
01-16-2004, 06:56 PM
Yeah I just checked it out... I know no dutch at all so I've got no idea. I'd say if it was valuable information though somebody would of picked up on it!

Chesty Larue
01-16-2004, 06:58 PM
Yeah I just checked it out... I know no dutch at all so I've got no idea. I'd say if it was valuable information though somebody would of picked up on it!

It couldn't have been there very long..I checked her site a few hours ago and it wasn't there then.

Where are the Belgians when you need them? :p

Angele
01-16-2004, 07:01 PM
Hey Ileana I've got a question for you, and for anybody else who reads this. Did you read the article about the AO tournament director saying Kim had until the last minute to withdraw? Marly and I were talking about that last night and it got me to thinking... what did he mean by that? Any player has the persmission to withdraw at the last minute, they can't force anybody to withdraw earlier. I'm pretty sure there's some kind of rule that says if a player withdraws too late they get a fine and I can't imagine that Kim would be above that. If she is, I can't imagine that the AO director has the authority to decide that, it must be somebody from the ITF right? So what exactly were his comments about? :confused:

Angele
01-16-2004, 07:01 PM
It couldn't have been there very long..I checked her site a few hours ago and it wasn't there then.

I checked her site this morning and I'm pretty sure I saw it there :p

Chesty Larue
01-16-2004, 07:05 PM
Hey Ileana I've got a question for you, and for anybody else who reads this. Did you read the article about the AO tournament director saying Kim had until the last minute to withdraw? Marly and I were talking about that last night and it got me to thinking... what did he mean by that? Any player has the persmission to withdraw at the last minute, they can't force anybody to withdraw earlier. I'm pretty sure there's some kind of rule that says if a player withdraws too late they get a fine and I can't imagine that Kim would be above that. If she is, I can't imagine that the AO director has the authority to decide that, it must be somebody from the ITF right? So what exactly were his comments about? :confused:

I'm not sure you get fined in every situation. Did Venus get fined for withdrawing from the USO after the draw had been made? :confused:

I haven't heard of fines for any of the Slams..only for WTA and ATP events. Maybe the ITF doesn't fine the players..

Chesty Larue
01-16-2004, 07:06 PM
I checked her site this morning and I'm pretty sure I saw it there :p

No way..I checked and there was nothing new :p

Angele
01-16-2004, 07:07 PM
I'm not sure what's the situation with the slams :confused: If a player were to withdraw like an hour before their match or something they might get fined... with the slams it's different from other tournaments though because the draw is made like 4-5 days before the tournament so something can happen in between the draw and the actual start of the tournament.

What do you think the AO director's comments were about though?

Chesty Larue
01-16-2004, 07:10 PM
I think y'all are reading too much into what he said :p

He was just trying to say that Kim had time to make her decision.

Angele
01-16-2004, 07:14 PM
Well I totally was reading too much into it until Marly was like wait, wtf did he mean? :p

Everybody is all up in arms about her being given special treatment but I don't think she's getting any is she? :scratch:

Chesty Larue
01-16-2004, 07:17 PM
Well I totally was reading too much into it until Marly was like wait, wtf did he mean? :p

Everybody is all up in arms about her being given special treatment but I don't think she's getting any is she? :scratch:

Yeah she probably is..they want her to play they're doing everything in their power to make it easier for her. That's preferential treatment.

It's no different than any other slam doing everything they can for their own players.

Angele
01-16-2004, 07:19 PM
Well yeah but what exactly are they doing for Kim :confused: The only thing that I can see, and he didn't even mention it, is if they give her a later start.

Chesty Larue
01-16-2004, 07:23 PM
Well yeah but what exactly are they doing for Kim :confused: The only thing that I can see, and he didn't even mention it, is if they give her a later start.

Yeah and he's sacrificing the rest of another player by doing that. Justine is in the Adidas final..she should have the Tuesday start. However he's going to give it to Kim..and Justine will have to play back to back days :p

He also realizes that his slam will be even more screwed if Kim pulls out now that the draw is made. She's gonna leave a huge hole..because they will not shift the seeds.

Angele
01-16-2004, 07:28 PM
I'm not convinced that Kim's going to get the Tuesday start. He hasn't said it has he? And now Justine is in the final, good chance that Amelie will be as well and Lindsay is injured and asking for a Tuesday start. That means he'd be saying no to Lindsay and making those two players play with no rest so that Kim can start on Tuesday.

Chesty Larue
01-16-2004, 07:32 PM
I'm not convinced that Kim's going to get the Tuesday start. He hasn't said it has he? And now Justine is in the final, good chance that Amelie will be as well and Lindsay is injured and asking for a Tuesday start. That means he'd be saying no to Lindsay and making those two players play with no rest so that Kim can start on Tuesday.

He said it somewhere I'm pretty sure.

Even if she doesn't get it..all their intentions have been to cater to Kim as best they can. There is nothing more they can do..they've already given her as much time as they possibly can.

I hope you're not arguing with someone that she isn't getting special consideration :p

Angele
01-16-2004, 07:40 PM
no I'm not arguing with anybody, I was just wondering for myself because Marly pointed out that she wasn't really getting special treatment and I was like hey, you're right :p

I'm not sure she's actually getting special treatment though. I mean what has the special treatment been? Anybody can withdraw at the last minute if they want to :shrug:

Chesty Larue
01-16-2004, 07:44 PM
no I'm not arguing with anybody, I was just wondering for myself because Marly pointed out that she wasn't really getting special treatment and I was like hey, you're right :p

I'm not sure she's actually getting special treatment though. I mean what has the special treatment been? Anybody can withdraw at the last minute if they want to :shrug:

She's got his freaking blessing to do that though..like I said..he's basically giving her permission to destroy his draw. The seeds won't be moved they never are.

Angele
01-16-2004, 07:46 PM
What if she didn't have his permission though? She could still do it :p

Knockers LaBroad
01-16-2004, 07:50 PM

If I qualify, give me a min please!:angel:

Chesty Larue
01-16-2004, 07:50 PM
What if she didn't have his permission though? She could still do it :p

Then he could pull what he did on Dokic..decide now..yes or no :p

At this point it doesn't matter anymore..cause he's already given everyone the idea he'll do what he can for Kim. Lord knows all hell will break loose if he half does actually start Tuesday.

Let's just say the intention is there ;)

Chesty Larue
01-16-2004, 07:51 PM
If I qualify, give me a min please!:angel:

ah my Belgian buddy :angel:

Knockers LaBroad
01-16-2004, 07:56 PM

It says she needs to pass Qi, Myskina and Venus to get in the finals and that it's still uncertain she will play.....

BTW, last thing I heard, she was doing alright, she only doesn't dare to go for everything on court....
But off-court....:angel::tape::p

Angele
01-16-2004, 07:56 PM
Well Kim could say yes and then just pull out whenever she wanted to :p Jelena could of done the same thing though come to think of it.

I don't think she's going to get a Tuesday start... in the other half there are Justine, Amelie and Meghann S. that are playing on the final day of Sydney and there's also Lindsay who's injured and asked for a Tuesday start. In Kim's half there's Kim, who may or may not have asked for a tuesday start, and then Dinara Safina and Schiavone who are playing on the final day of Sidney... in numbers it's 4 vs 3 but in reality it's 3 vs 1 cuz nobody is gonna care about Meghann, Safina and Schiavone :o

Angele
01-16-2004, 07:57 PM
Hey Elke :wavey:

Angele
01-16-2004, 07:59 PM
It seems like nobody knows anything definite about Kim :( She could be close to 100% or she could be having a hard time jogging for 10 minutes :shrug:

Chesty Larue
01-16-2004, 07:59 PM

It says she needs to pass Qi, Myskina and Venus to get in the finals and that it's still uncertain she will play.....

BTW, last thing I heard, she was doing alright, she only doesn't dare to go for everything on court....
But off-court....:angel::tape::p

lol..I need to go past all these people..but not sure I'm going yet :p

She actually practiced on court?

I don't need to know no off court activities :o :p

Angele
01-16-2004, 08:02 PM
I don't need to know no off court activities :o :p

Oh yeah act like an :angel: now :p

Knockers LaBroad
01-16-2004, 08:04 PM
I only know that if she isn't 100%, she won't start. As simple as that.

BTW, saw Lleyton a bit vs Verkerk!:yeah: and he looked really :drool:worthy! :D
And it looks like Kim really has become a 'grown up girl' with The Rock!

Angele
01-16-2004, 08:07 PM
:unsure: :unsure:

Q. A lot of the women actually have ankle problems. Is that anything to do with the courts or just coincidence?

LLEYTON HEWITT: The ones I've seen -- I don't know if it's the court. It gets a bit sticky now and then. What happened in Perth, you know, I twisted mine and I don't think it had much to do with the court. I was sort of just recovering for a ball. Kim's is a little bit different with the Achilles' at the back of the foot. d say that probably could have happened on any court. Alicia, she's had hers happen on all different kinds of courts. It's still the same problem. I know there's been a history of Rebound Ace, there's been some bad ankle problems over the years, but I feel like mine probably could have happened on any surface.

I thought it wasn' her Achilles?

Chesty Larue
01-16-2004, 08:08 PM

Those are great odds! :p

No way she'll be %100..

Angele
01-16-2004, 08:13 PM

I can't imagine that she'll be 100% by monday or tuesday :( Has she even been practising at all?

Lleyton is looking really :hearts: :hearts: this year. I think it's the tan ;)

Murkofan
01-16-2004, 08:14 PM
Here's the question to ponder: if McNamee hadn't come out and said that Kim could pull out at the last moment, and she ended up doing that anyway, would anyone think she'd gotten special treatment? :p

Knockers LaBroad
01-16-2004, 08:26 PM
:wavey: smartass!

I'll try to explain what I think it is with Kim's foot::p She sprained her ankle, a bone was glying around and caused an inlammation at her Achilles'
(Anyways, that's how Tim told it is, of course this is difficult to translate) The matter of fact is, she can play, but if she isn't fit enough, it will cause further damage. She is capable of playing but if it gets worse, she needs an operation and then it is :wavey: season 2004!

Angele
01-16-2004, 08:34 PM
So she could make it worse by playing? All signs seem to be pointing for her to pull out, I can't imagine that an injury that may or may not require surgery could heal completely in such a short amount of time :(

Knockers LaBroad
01-16-2004, 08:53 PM
I'm off!
Have a splendid weekend!:wavey::kiss:

Angele
01-16-2004, 08:54 PM
I'm off as well :wavey:

Chesty Larue
01-16-2004, 11:25 PM
:wavey: smartass!

I'll try to explain what I think it is with Kim's foot::p She sprained her ankle, a bone was glying around and caused an inlammation at her Achilles'
(Anyways, that's how Tim told it is, of course this is difficult to translate) The matter of fact is, she can play, but if she isn't fit enough, it will cause further damage. She is capable of playing but if it gets worse, she needs an operation and then it is :wavey: season 2004!

What happened to Kim saying she couldn't do any further damage if it was taped? :confused:

Jess
01-16-2004, 11:32 PM
:wavey: Hiya - any idea when the final starts?

Chesty Larue
01-16-2004, 11:50 PM
:wavey: Hiya - any idea when the final starts?

The mens doubles is first at 11:30..then the men's singles final follows that.

Jess
01-16-2004, 11:58 PM
Thanks ;) just wondering whether or not to stay up half the night :p

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 12:00 AM
oh yeah what time is it for you now..midnight?

Jess
01-17-2004, 12:05 AM
Yep - I've been out with friends and just got back in so I'm not really tired yet, but could well be when he comes out in about three hours time :p
He hasn't been in a final I've been able to watch for sooooo long though so I am quite tempted to watch it.

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 12:08 AM
Well play starts in about 30 minutes..so hope for a quick doubles match ;)

Jess
01-17-2004, 12:13 AM
Yep - hopefully that won't got on long ;) - who cares about doubles anyway :rolleyes:

Lisbeth
01-17-2004, 12:33 AM
Hi! Good news, the sub has come out in Sydney after a wet night and early morning.

I like doubles but I hope it ends quickly too! However the Bryans v Woodbridge-Bjorkman could be very, very long. Let's hope not!

Jess
01-17-2004, 12:35 AM
:lol: That's good - I like doubles but not when it's coming before Lleyton ;) when I want to go to bed :p

Murkofan
01-17-2004, 12:36 AM
It's been raining here for the last 3 days. My yard flooded :D

Lisbeth
01-17-2004, 12:37 AM
Naturally I mean the sun, not the sub! Boobette, I can't remember who you are!!

Jess
01-17-2004, 12:38 AM
I'm Jess ;)

Lisbeth
01-17-2004, 12:39 AM
Mauresmo leads 5-1 if anyone's interested. Allez Amelie!

Players arriving on court now. Todd playing to break the all time doubles titles recors. Wow!

Lisbeth
01-17-2004, 12:40 AM
Oh, of course! Sorry Jess!

Jess
01-17-2004, 12:41 AM
That's quite impressive - all times doubles record. He is very good though - it's well deserved.

Murkofan
01-17-2004, 12:43 AM
Go Amelie :D And go Tood :D

Lisbeth
01-17-2004, 12:44 AM
Yeah he's very clever. If he'd been bigger he might have been a really top singles player too.

He's now helping to coach Flip, I read somewhere!

Anyway I have to go and get ready to go out. I'm probably going to miss the match, so anyone who's awake pls give Ll an extra yell for me!

Jess
01-17-2004, 12:47 AM
Bye Jane :wavey:

Jess
01-17-2004, 12:52 AM
Oh I'm giving up :rolleyes: am falling asleep and won't be able to do anything tomorrow if i stay up half the night watching Lleyton play tennis.

Hope he wins :bounce: :bounce: and takes lots of confidence with him to Melbourne.

Angele
01-17-2004, 01:21 AM

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 01:22 AM
Woo Hoo! :bounce:

Marie-Eve Pelletier just beat Sybille Bammer and has officially qualified for her first ever Grand Slam :worship:

Angele
01-17-2004, 01:25 AM
Marie-Eve :bigclap: :woohoo:

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 01:30 AM
She's more than likely bomb out first round..but still! A wonderful accomplishment for her :D

Angele
01-17-2004, 01:31 AM
When are the qualifiers placed in the draw?

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 01:33 AM
When are the qualifiers placed in the draw?

I imagine pretty soon as the women have finished qualifying..all 12 are ready to be placed :p

Angele
01-17-2004, 01:34 AM
Did any of the top women draw qualifiers?

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 01:36 AM
It's funny cause the seedings don't seem to mean much :p

of the 12 qualifiers only 4 are seeded players..seed #9,10,18,21

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 01:37 AM
Did any of the top women draw qualifiers?

No not really..they seemed to have thankfully escaped that horrible fate :p

The highest seed to get a qualifier is Paolo Suarez..#12.

Not a nice spot..but certainly not impossible either ;)

Angele
01-17-2004, 01:38 AM
I think there are times when rankings are really irrelevant... like there's not much difference between #120 and #135 :P

Angele
01-17-2004, 01:39 AM
I hope the male qualifiers are placed soon... I can't help but me a little nervous about who Lley is going to play :unsure:

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 01:41 AM
I think there are times when rankings are really irrelevant... like there's not much difference between #120 and #135 :P

Aiming a little high ;) It's more like a #150 to #200 sort of range for the qualifiers.

Bear in mind players like Mo Drake who is #118 in the world at the moment have direct entry.

Angele
01-17-2004, 01:44 AM
Aiming a little high ;) It's more like a #150 to #200 sort of range for the qualifiers.

Bear in mind players like Mo Drake who is #118 in the world at the moment have direct entry.
Really? Well I was close :p I figured that about the top 100 ranked players would be granted direct entry so I wasn't too far off :angel:

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 01:44 AM
I hope the male qualifiers are placed soon... I can't help but me a little nervous about who Lley is going to play :unsure:

The women had the court first..and they're all done now, so the men should be finished in a couple of hours.

Men have 16 qualifiers..2 spots are taken right now.

Angele
01-17-2004, 01:45 AM
Commercial for AO with one picture only: one of Lley :cool:

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 01:46 AM
Really? Well I was close :p I figured that about the top 100 ranked players would be granted direct entry so I wasn't too far off :angel:

Well it's a 128 draw..with 12 qualifier spots so..116 direct entry spots. Of course of the top 116 women..many are bound to be hurt and not play.

Angele
01-17-2004, 01:46 AM
Michelle Wie is so cute :angel:

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 01:47 AM
I have yet to see any AO commercial :p

Angele
01-17-2004, 01:47 AM
Well it's a 128 draw..with 12 qualifier spots so..116 direct entry spots. Of course of the top 116 women..many are bound to be hurt and not play.
How many WC's are there? That's the number that I wasn't sure of.

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 01:48 AM
Michelle Wie is so cute :angel:

How's she doing..she started off not so hot :unsure:

Angele
01-17-2004, 01:48 AM
I have yet to see any AO commercial :p
You don't watch TSN often enough :p I see one once in a while advertising AO and then there was that freaking one that I saw yesterday with all the flashing pictures :o

Angele
01-17-2004, 01:49 AM
How's she doing..she started off not so hot :unsure:
She's currently at +2 I believe... I'd say that's pretty good though :D

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 01:51 AM
How many WC's are there? That's the number that I wasn't sure of.

oh I forgot WC :o

There are 6 WC's..so 110 direct entry spots ;)

Angele
01-17-2004, 01:52 AM
oh I forgot WC :o

There are 6 WC's..so 110 direct entry spots ;)
See, I wasn't too far off when I said qualifiers would start in the 120 range :p

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 01:54 AM
She's currently at +2 I believe... I'd say that's pretty good though :D

What's the cut set at currently?

Angele
01-17-2004, 01:59 AM
What's the cut set at currently?
It's hovering around even par...currently it's -1 but it's very close... currently exactly 70 players are -1 or better... Michelle is tied for 105!

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 02:00 AM
See, I wasn't too far off when I said qualifiers would start in the 120 range :p

Yeah but the average qualifier is ranked around #165-170..which is what I was talking about before ;)

Surprisingly..only a couple of girls around the #120 mark..and 4 over #200 :o

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:01 AM
ah well at least there are some around 120 so I was partly right :nerner:

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 02:01 AM
It's hovering around even par...currently it's -1 but it's very close... currently exactly 70 players are -1 or better... Michelle is tied for 105!

That's not too bad.

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:03 AM
I'm looking at Michelle's stats are it's simply hard to believe that she's a 14 year old girl playing amongst men... she's Tied for 1st in putts per round, tied for 7th in driving accuracy. 108th in driving distance which is amazing considering she's player with 142 men so she's outdriving 34 of them :o

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 02:03 AM
ah well at least there are some around 120 so I was partly right :nerner:

You're in a fighting mood today aren't you :p

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:04 AM
That's not too bad.
She's +1 now, just made a 45 foot birdie putt :bowdown:

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 02:05 AM
ohh Harkleroad's fiance qualified :p

Angele
You're in a fighting mood today aren't you :p
Yes I am :p I get like this when I'm sleep deprived :o

Chesty Larue
She's +1 now, just made a 45 foot birdie putt :bowdown:

:eek: Good Lord!

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:06 AM
ohh Harkleroad's fiance qualified :p
I just pictured Kim and Ashley sitting one behind the other in the player's box glaring at each other after every point :lol:

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:08 AM
:eek: Good Lord!
She really is amazing... and the cut just changed to even par... wouldn't it be something if she made the cut?

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 02:10 AM
She really is amazing... and the cut just changed to even par... wouldn't it be something if she made the cut?

It would be pretty incredible..I hope she can manage to do it.

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:11 AM
What's scary is that Michelle is a little nervy today, she's not driving as well as she can. She's very quickly going to become on of the best players on the LPGA.

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 02:11 AM
Yes I am :p I get like this when I'm sleep deprived :o

Yes I have a feeling you might challenge me if I said the sky was blue :p

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:12 AM
It would be pretty incredible..I hope she can manage to do it.
I hope so too, it would be so great :D I don't think she'll make it but even being close to making it is a great feat! I don't remember exactly where Annika finished when she played but I don't think she was ever close to making the cut.

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:13 AM
Yes I have a feeling you might challenge me if I said the sky was blue :p
Pfff I'm not that bad :p I'm just edgy because it's been about 10 days since I got a good night's sleep :p

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:15 AM
Commentators reading my mind ;) Annika missed the cut by 5 shots.

Angele
Cut back to -1

Chesty Larue
I hope so too, it would be so great :D I don't think she'll make it but even being close to making it is a great feat! I don't remember exactly where Annika finished when she played but I don't think she was ever close to making the cut.

I can't remember where Annika finished..I don't think it was close either.

Michelle doesn't seem as steady though..Annika is like par, par, par, birdie type of thing..Michelle seems like birdie, bogey, birdie, bogey :p

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:18 AM
Michelle has 6 bogeys and 5 birdies... it's not too too bad though.

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 02:19 AM
Michelle has 6 bogeys and 5 birdies... it's not too too bad though.

If she can become more steady though she'll really inflict some damage. Sort of the way Annika so rarely misses the fairway off her drives.

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:23 AM
I don't think it'll be too long until Michelle Wie is challenging Annika on a regular basis. It'll be hard until she can play on the tour full time but I think as soon as she can do that, she'll be getting up there with the best of them. Michelle's accuracy off the tee is good ( she's in the top 10 in this tournament among the men) but it seems, here at least, that her iron play is off. However I haven't seen her play enough to know if her iron play is always off or if it's simply off because she's facing longer shots than she would on the LPGA tour. Regardless of which is it is though she's only going to get better here on in.

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 02:24 AM
She still at +1?

How many holes does she have left?

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:27 AM
I might have jinxed up... seems she can't buy a fairway the last couple of holes :o

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:28 AM
She still at +1?

How many holes does she have left?
Yup, still at plus one. She's got 6 holes to play.

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:30 AM
I hope TSN sticks with golf until Michelle's round is over!

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:35 AM
She's playing like she's nervous now :(

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:37 AM
She's so great around the greens :worship:

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 02:38 AM
Another bogey?

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:40 AM
Another bogey?
Yeah :( I don't think she's gonna make it... back to +2 and the cut is looking more and more like -1 :( She still has a lot to be proud of this week though :yeah:

Danni
01-17-2004, 02:41 AM

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:43 AM
Hiya Danni :wavey: How are you?

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 02:43 AM
Hey Danni :wavey:

Danni
01-17-2004, 02:48 AM
I'm okay a bit :yawn: after two nights without much sleep. How are you chickies?
Lleyton's playing soon :bounce:

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:49 AM
Same, pretty tired :yawn: I was planning on staying up to follow Lleyton's match but I'm pretty sure I won't make it til the end of it :o

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 02:49 AM
I'm good :D I'm watching the Aus Open qualie scores online and Ange is wrapped up in the golf ;)

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:50 AM
Do you have coverage Danni?

Danni
01-17-2004, 02:53 AM
Yep, what time is it over there?
Jaslyn didn't qualify did she :( oh well, another cheerleader for LL ;)
Who's playign golf?

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:53 AM
Poor guys, all they're being asked about in their post round interviews is Michelle :o

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 02:54 AM
Who's playign golf?

It's just about 10:00pm for me.

Yeah Jaslyn lost first round of Qualies :o

Teen phenom Michelle Wie is playing golf :worship:

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:55 AM

Almost 11 p.m for me :yawn:

No I don't think she did :( I think somebody posted her result a couple of days ago.

Who's playign golf?

Michelle Wie :D She's only 14 and playing on the men's tour (PGA) :worship: Only for this one event though, she got a sponsor's exemption.

Danni
01-17-2004, 02:56 AM
Is Michelle canadian? I think girl golfers are cool :cool: What about Elke, does she play aus open?

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:57 AM
Ernie Els had such nice things to say about her :D Jerry Kelly as well, same for Jim Furyk. I'm pretty sure Vijay won't get any questions about her though :unsure:

Angele
01-17-2004, 02:58 AM
Is Michelle canadian? I think girl golfers are cool :cool: What about Elke, does she play aus open?
Nope, she's American... from Hawaii :cool:

I haven't heard anything about Elke playing AO :confused: I'm not really sure what Elke is doing atm.

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 03:01 AM
Elke isn't ranked nearly high enough to make AO qualies.

Danni
01-17-2004, 03:02 AM
I haven't heard anything about Elke playing AO :confused: I'm not really sure what Elke is doing atm.
o well-
Moya just won the first game to love :( my finger is bruised and I'm gettign no sympathy :mad: :p

Angele
01-17-2004, 03:04 AM
Is Kim there?

Danni
01-17-2004, 03:05 AM
haven't seen her :confused: she's probably there though

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 03:05 AM
I think it was Irene in CCL that said there was a pic of Kim practicing in the paper today..or maybe yesterday :scratch:

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 03:06 AM
o well-
Moya just won the first game to love :( my finger is bruised and I'm gettign no sympathy :mad: :p

:kiss: :hug:

Angele
01-17-2004, 03:07 AM
I think it was Irene in CCL that said there was a pic of Kim practicing in the paper today..or maybe yesterday :scratch:
Yeah I saw that... I'm surprised it wasn't all over the news if she was practising :confused:

Danni
01-17-2004, 03:09 AM
I have to go- once again, I can't be on the tv and the computer at the same time :rolleyes: :p
games going with serve btw

Angele
01-17-2004, 03:11 AM
Thanks Danni.... :wavey: Cya later!

Murkofan
01-17-2004, 03:11 AM
Has Ll started yet? :p

Angele
01-17-2004, 03:12 AM
Well I'm heading off to bed... good luck Lleyton :kiss: Ileana btw there's live scoring in the tournament thread here if you're interested :)

Good night all :wavey:

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 03:12 AM
Later Danni :wavey:

Men's qualies almost done..just 4 matches left to be completed.

Angele
01-17-2004, 03:13 AM
quick hi and bye Lusty :p

Here's a link for y'all!

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=7855&page=2&pp=40

Murkofan
01-17-2004, 03:16 AM
Go to the scoring thread and check out MaxHardcore's avatar.

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 03:19 AM
Go to the scoring thread and check out MaxHardcore's avatar.

That looks very nasty and I have no idea what the hell it is..

Murkofan
01-17-2004, 03:21 AM
Michelle Wie needs two birdies on the last two holes to make the cut :unsure:

Danni
Back! (older sister adavntage wins out :devil: )
Still haven't seen Kim but we've had the first "C'MON"

Chesty Larue
Marie-Eve Pelletier has drawn Akiko Morigami as her first round match..not too bad ;)

Murkofan
01-17-2004, 03:22 AM
That looks very nasty and I have no idea what the hell it is..

I'm glad I'm not the only one perplexed :p

Danni
01-17-2004, 03:23 AM
LL has a break and Moya 's injured

Murkofan
01-17-2004, 03:24 AM
Marie-Eve Pelletier has drawn Akiko Morigami as her first round match..not too bad ;)

What's the word on Mo? :p

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 03:24 AM
LL has a break and Moya 's injured

What's wrong with Moya?

Danni
01-17-2004, 03:26 AM
sprained his ankle

Murkofan
01-17-2004, 03:26 AM
What else on Rebound Ace? A twisted ankle.

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 03:27 AM
Shocking! :eek: :rolleyes: :p

Danni
01-17-2004, 03:28 AM
he can walk ;) and now he's probably having it taped or whatever

Murkofan
01-17-2004, 03:31 AM
I accidentally posted this: "ESPN is cutting off coverage of golf to show the Lakers game :rolleyes: " in the scoring thread :o :p

Danni
01-17-2004, 03:31 AM
They're playing again :bounce:

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 03:32 AM
What's the word on Mo? :p

Mo drew Anca Barna first round.

Danni
01-17-2004, 03:32 AM
I accidentally posted this: "ESPN is cutting off coverage of golf to show the Lakers game :rolleyes: " in the scoring thread :o :p
LOL!
Poo- Moya retired :(

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 03:34 AM
Alrighty then looks like this Aussie season it'll be last one standing who wins :rolleyes: :p

Murkofan
01-17-2004, 03:35 AM
Bummer Ll didn't have the chance to beat him fair and square. I wonder if MM will be the 87th player to show up injured or not at all in Melbourne.

I bet the Sydney fans are pissed again :p

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 03:36 AM
Just call off the freaking Aus Open I say :p

Danni
01-17-2004, 03:36 AM
Alrighty then looks like this Aussie season it'll be last one standing who wins :rolleyes: :p
Yeah, that's what I was thinking :rolleyes: oh well- LL will win with all his ankle braces and stuff :D

Murkofan
01-17-2004, 03:37 AM
Mo drew Anca Barna first round.

Mo could win that. I wish she was playing an American so I could see her flip out on TV :p

Murkofan
01-17-2004, 03:39 AM
The Australian Open always seems to be injury-riddled. And I swear, if Ll or anyone else hedges about Rebound Ace being a surface prone to stickiness and ankle twists, I will have an aneurysm :p

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 03:44 AM
Everything just sucks as far as I'm concerned :p

Danni
01-17-2004, 03:45 AM
They didn't show Kiiiiiiiiiiim!! :mad: :fiery: And the closest he came to thanking her was "I'd like to thank my support group- and all the inlaws and that" :rolleyes:

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 03:47 AM
They didn't show Kiiiiiiiiiiim!! :mad: :fiery: And the closest he came to thanking her was "I'd like to thank my support group- and all the inlaws and that" :rolleyes:

If I were Kim I'd kick him in the ass with my good foot :p

Danni
01-17-2004, 03:50 AM
Good plan :yeah: :lol:

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 04:01 AM
I find this shroud of secrecy regarding Kim's status rather disconcerting :unsure:

The Aus Open starts in 2 days! There is no way she doesn't know by now what she's going to do!..chose one way or another..yes I'm going..no I'm not.

This business of being left hanging is getting tiresome :p

Danni
01-17-2004, 04:05 AM
Tis indeed! Go Amelie :bounce:

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 04:15 AM
Well I'm off :wavey:

Chesty Larue
01-17-2004, 04:16 AM
right before I leave though..let's see if my Kiss of Death touch is still working..Go Justine!!

Danni
01-17-2004, 05:33 AM
I'd say it's not working cos Justine's winning 6-4 5-3 or sumthing :p

Jess
01-17-2004, 11:40 AM
Well at least he won :bounce: even though it's a shame Moya retired it has to be good for Ll to be going into the AO knowing he is unbeaten.

donna
01-17-2004, 12:02 PM
:wavey: anyone here? :)

Angele
01-17-2004, 12:05 PM
Still here Donna?

Angele
01-17-2004, 12:06 PM

Pfff for not thanking Kim :( But Lley said he wanted to thank his inlaws? For some reason I find that funny lol

edit : funny, but cute :angel:

donna
01-17-2004, 12:08 PM
Yeah I'm still here Angele. How are you? How is your mouth?
And :rolleyes: at Lleyton.....he never seems to thank Kim :mad: Although I don't think she was even there

Angele
01-17-2004, 12:10 PM
Hey Donna.... my mouth is a little better, most of the swelling is gone although there's still enough to make my head hurt :mad:

Lley seems to only thank Kim after big victories, like the slams and the masters cup.

donna
01-17-2004, 12:10 PM
Oh btw, any aussies who don't know...Tomorrow on channel 7 at 1pm (i think) they are showing talking tennis and Lleyton will be on. :D

Angele
01-17-2004, 12:11 PM
Oh btw, any aussies who don't know...Tomorrow on channel 7 at 1pm (i think) they are showing talking tennis and Lleyton will be on. :D
Is that a live show?

donna
01-17-2004, 12:12 PM
Hey Donna.... my mouth is a little better, most of the swelling is gone although there's still enough to make my head hurt :mad:

Lley seems to only thank Kim after big victories, like the slams and the masters cup.

That's good that it's even a little better. I had my wisdom teeth out a few months ago and that was bad enough. I can't imagine what you must be going through :hug:

yes i know....it's just annoying that's all. He should thank her all the time lol :p

donna
01-17-2004, 12:14 PM
Is that a live show?

Yeah, i'm pretty sure it is. They usually do a interview with them so hopefully it's the same this year.
:D

Angele
01-17-2004, 12:15 PM
Well right now there are two things that are still bothering me: one is the swelling that's left. It makes my head hurt/feel heavy and I can't sleep on my side because no pressure on my face. I'm not used to sleeping on my back so I'm having a hard time with that :o And then of course there's the fact that my mouth is wired shut and I can't eat or talk :(

He should definetly thank her all the time, even if she's not there :cool: