The "So You're Saying It's A Party In Your Pants." Thread 01 [Archive] - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

The "So You're Saying It's A Party In Your Pants." Thread 01

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 06:23 PM
I take it neither of you are watching Real World: San Diego, since you didn't answer my question? :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 06:23 PM
ah ha Sonny catches Carly kissing Lorenzo http://www.tnfj.com/Images/Smilies/knuddel.gif

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 06:24 PM
I take it neither of you are watching Real World: San Diego, since you didn't answer my question? :p

I don't even think we get it :confused:

Angele
01-15-2004, 06:25 PM
I don't get that show :p

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 06:27 PM
You don't get the Real World? :eek:

I hope Sonny kills Jason for "letting" Carly betray him, and then kills himself.

I watched The Bachelorette last night. Ah, the drama :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 06:29 PM
I would settle for Sonny just popping himself off :p

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 06:30 PM
Just as long as he's gone :p He can take Sam down with him, or at least terrify her into pulling her damn pants high enough to cover her crack.

Angele
01-15-2004, 06:31 PM
I watched The Bachelorette last night. Ah, the drama :p

Aren't the guys great? :hearts: I was nearly drooling in front of the tv :o

Btw thanks for the article on Michelle... I can't wait to see her play! 5 hours til my coverage starts :bounce: One quote that didn't make that article is Ernie Els saying she's got the best swing he's ever seen from a woman :bowdown:

Angele
01-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Just as long as he's gone :p He can take Sam down with him, or at least terrify her into pulling her damn pants high enough to cover her crack.
:lol:

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 06:33 PM
oh how I agree..Sam :rolleyes:

She's such a complete waste of space :p

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 06:34 PM
I liked the horse breeder from Texas :p Oh, see? That's how I sound when I talk, only much more high-pitched :p

Does the golf thingy start today? I thought ESPN's commercial said tomorrow. Yay if it's today.

Sam's crack is ALWAYS showing. She's a very petite woman, and they put her in these, like, low-rise pants and her crack is...well, you get the picture :p

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 06:37 PM
Let's play the GH Characters We Would Like To See Killed (Or Written) Off game! :D

Sonny, Jason, Carly, Sage...StupidCop!Lucky....erm...wow, I guess that's it :p The writers definitely need to "be taken care of" as well :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 06:38 PM
I liked the horse breeder from Texas :p Oh, see? That's how I sound when I talk, only much more high-pitched :p

I loved them all except Keith with the long hair and the bad attitude :o They were all so great :hearts: At least 20 of them were good looking, succesful and either romantic or wanting kids!

Does the golf thingy start today? I thought ESPN's commercial said tomorrow. Yay if it's today.

I've got coverage tonight at 7:30, dunno about you :p

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 06:40 PM
I loved them all except Keith with the long hair and the bad attitude :o They were all so great :hearts: At least 20 of them were good looking, succesful and either romantic or wanting kids!

He was the one that was all "there's no doubt in my mind that I'll be given a rose; I'm the only guy for her" right? And then he got the boot :p Ass.

Hm. I shall have to check out the Golf Channel after my dad goes back to work and gives me the TV.

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 06:41 PM
Let's play the GH Characters We Would Like To See Killed (Or Written) Off game! :D

Sonny, Jason, Carly, Sage...StupidCop!Lucky....erm...wow, I guess that's it :p The writers definitely need to "be taken care of" as well :p

Sonny, Sam, Lucky, Nikolas..umm..probably many others.

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 06:42 PM
Hey Ange nice wedding plan you came up with for Kim ;)

Angele
01-15-2004, 06:43 PM
He was the one that was all "there's no doubt in my mind that I'll be given a rose; I'm the only guy for her" right? And then he got the boot :p Ass.

Yeah that was him... it was very :lol: that he got kicked off! I really like the very first guy that got out of the limo. He was the last one to get a red rose, dunno if you remember or not :p

Hm. I shall have to check out the Golf Channel after my dad goes back to work and gives me the TV.

My coverage is on TSN :p I checked and the golf channel doesn't have anything. If you've got coverage today, which you should :confused:, I'd say either ESPN or USA, probably ESPN.

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 06:43 PM
I'd vote off the annoying, self-absorbed, self-righteous, pain-in-the-ass (AKA current) versions of Nikolas and Emily. But I'd keep late-'90s Nik and Amber Tamblyn's Emily. She'd still be with Reformed!Zander, of course :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 06:44 PM
Hey Ange nice wedding plan you came up with for Kim ;)
Well you know, I've given it a thought or two :angel:

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 06:46 PM
Well you know, I've given it a thought or two :angel:

noooooo...really? :p

Murkofan
AHA! I get coverage starting at 5:30 :D I can't believe I'm so pumped about golf :p

Hell, I can't keep any of the guys' names and faces straight yet :p I was actually wondering last night how the Bachelors and Bachelorettes do it on that first night. I mean, they've just met 25 people for the first time, probably only for an hour or two, and they have to remember 15 names? Hard.

Angele
noooooo...really? :p
:p

What's the cough cough for :confused:

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 06:48 PM
:p

What's the cough cough for :confused:

You do know why wedding dresses are white right?

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 06:49 PM
I think it would be tight if Ai was a bridesmaid :p I love Ai.

Angele
AHA! I get coverage starting at 5:30 :D I can't believe I'm so pumped about golf :p

On which channel? Our TSN coverage will probably be ripped off ESPN coverage like it was last week :p

Hell, I can't keep any of the guys' names and faces straight yet :p I was actually wondering last night how the Bachelors and Bachelorettes do it on that first night. I mean, they've just met 25 people for the first time, probably only for an hour or two, and they have to remember 15 names? Hard.

Yeah I know, nevermind figuring out which ones you like, it's hard enough to be able to remember 15 names :p Wouldn't it be horrible if the bachelor/bachelorette just blanked out and he/she was like sorry, I can't remember anymore names :lol:

Murkofan

:lol: Kim should wear slut red :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 06:51 PM
:lol: at myself.... I hadn't even thought of that :o That's not what I was thinking at all when I wrote it, I was thinking more along the lines of a classic, tradionatal bride and like, Kim wouldn't be the type to come out in a knee length pink gown or something :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 06:52 PM

:haha:

Angele

Murkofan
On which channel? Our TSN coverage will probably be ripped off ESPN coverage like it was last week :p

Yeah I know, nevermind figuring out which ones you like, it's hard enough to be able to remember 15 names :p Wouldn't it be horrible if the bachelor/bachelorette just blanked out and he/she was sorry, I can't remember anymore names :lol:

*hums tune* ESPNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Meredith kept looking to the side, so I wondered if maybe there was a list of TelePrompTer hidden :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 06:53 PM
:lol: at myself.... I hadn't even thought of that :o That's not what I was thinking at all when I wrote it, I was thinking more along the lines of a classic, tradionatal bride and like, Kim wouldn't be the type to come out in a knee length pink gown or something :p

Virginally pure as the driven snow..that's our Kimmie :p :lol:

Angele
Lusty and Chesty y'all should go write up a wedding plan as well :p

Murkofan

She should totally borrow Lara Flynn Boyle's ballerina outfit from the Oscars :p

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 06:54 PM
Lusty and Chesty y'all should go write up a wedding plan as well :p

Dude, I don't, like, DO weddings, you know? :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 06:54 PM
Virginally pure as the driven snow..that's our Kimmie :p :lol:
hey you never know :angel: ;)

Angele
01-15-2004, 06:55 PM
She should totally borrow Lara Flynn Boyle's ballerina outfit from the Oscars :p
Oh god :o

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 06:56 PM

Ditto :p

However I'm sure Kim will wear white :angel:

Angele
01-15-2004, 06:56 PM
Get Mandy to help you make up a nice little plan :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 06:57 PM
It's the goobers job to make up wedding plans..it's my job to pick out the things I find amusing :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 06:57 PM
However I'm sure Kim will wear white :angel:

Of course she will and nobody will be none the wiser ;)

Angele
01-15-2004, 06:58 PM
It's the goobers job to make up wedding plans..it's my job to pick out the things I find amusing :p
I still can't believe I wrote that without even thinking about the white wedding dress-virgin link :o

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 07:00 PM
Get Mandy to help you make up a nice little plan :p

She doesn't do weddings either, which is why hers was so bare-bones :p Thank God :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 07:01 PM
She doesn't do weddings either, which is why hers was so bare-bones :p Thank God :p
I'm pretty sure I recall you bitching about having to go shopping for a dress :p And I might even remember some make-up being mentioned :p

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 07:01 PM
I still can't believe I wrote that without even thinking about the white wedding dress-virgin link :o

So few people actually abide by the rule nowadays, it hardly seems to matter. Brides want the nice, ethereal virgin look without bothering with petty things like morals and self-control :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 07:04 PM
So few people actually abide by the rule nowadays, it hardly seems to matter. Brides want the nice, ethereal virgin look without bothering with petty things like morals and self-control :p

That's very passive-agressive of you :p or was that meant to be just plain out agressive :scratch:

I'm a very visual person..I only can tell you I like something if I see it. I don't have wedding dresses and tux's in my head but if I'm showed lots I'll pick what I like fairy easily.

Angele
Well I'm assuming Kim is marrying the only man she's ever slept with so she's not so bad :p

Murkofan
I'm pretty sure I recall you bitching about having to go shopping for a dress :p And I might even remember some make-up being mentioned :p

One day, Mandy, Neva, LG and I went around to dress rental stores because the woman who does their nails, Kirsten, had rented just rented a dress for her second wedding :p As we're not upscale and don't care for fancy trappings, that sounded like a good idea, but we couldn't find anything to fit Mo in her size. We were wandering around the mall just doing some random shopping when we decided to go into a Jessica McClintock store because LG was trying to convince me to go to the Prom :p That's where my sister found her dress. We ordered the bridesmaids' dresses out of a catalogue :p

I did my own makeup :p It was powder, mascara, and lip gloss :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 07:05 PM
be back in a little bit :wavey:

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Well I'm assuming Kim is marrying the only man she's ever slept with so she's not so bad :p

I'm not qualified to speak for God, but I'm not sure he splits hairs and justifies things the way humans do :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 07:06 PM
I'm a very visual person..I only can tell you I like something if I see it. I don't have wedding dresses and tux's in my head but if I'm showed lots I'll pick what I like fairy easily.

I can sometimes be like that but with Kim's wedding dress, a vision just came to me one day :p

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 07:06 PM
That's very passive-agressive of you :p or was that meant to be just plain out agressive :scratch:

(Passive) aggressive in what way?

Angele
01-15-2004, 07:09 PM
One day, Mandy, Neva, LG and I went around to dress rental stores because the woman who does their nails, Kirsten, had rented just rented a dress for her second wedding :p As we're not upscale and don't care for fancy trappings, that sounded like a good idea, but we couldn't find anything to fit Mo in her size. We were wandering around the mall just doing some random shopping when we decided to go into a Jessica McClintock store because LG was trying to convince me to go to the Prom :p That's where my sister found her dress. We ordered the bridesmaids' dresses out of a catalogue :p

You wandered around the mall? Well done :p Speaking of all this though you never did send me a picture of you in your dress did you? :p

Props for agreeing to wear any at all :p

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 07:09 PM
I can sometimes be like that but with Kim's wedding dress, a vision just came to me one day :p

You could have a TV show like "Crossing Over with John Edwards." People in desperate need of fashion help can come to you, and you can provide them with clothing that you see in visions :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 07:10 PM
I'm not qualified to speak for God, but I'm not sure he splits hairs and justifies things the way humans do :p
Well I don't know god's opinion either but my opinion is that Kim is better than the little hussies that sleep around :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 07:11 PM
You could have a TV show like "Crossing Over with John Edwards." People in desperate need of fashion help can come to you, and you can provide them with clothing that you see in visions :p

I'm sure I'd be hugely succesful :P

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 07:13 PM
You wandered around the mall? Well done :p Speaking of all this though you never did send me a picture of you in your dress did you? :p

Well, as I said, it was very random shopping, and since no one knew what we would do or how long we'd be, I couldn't just sit out in the bloody car for an indeterminate amount of time :p

I don't mind going into The Gap or Pac Sun or Suncoast :p

Props for agreeing to wear any at all :p

LG made me :p Mo and William didn't give a rip, but when LG makes an Executive Decision, you have no choice but to obey :p

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 07:14 PM
Well I don't know god's opinion either but my opinion is that Kim is better than the little hussies that sleep around :p

I agree wholeheartedly :p But that doesn't make it right, at least not in my mind. Better, but not right :p

However, everyone knows my feelings on matters such as these, and as they tend to be somewhat controversial, I suggest we move away from them :p

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 07:16 PM

I'm sure I'd be hugely succesful :P

Dude, I'd totally watch :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Well, as I said, it was very random shopping, and since no one knew what we would do or how long we'd be, I couldn't just sit out in the bloody car for an indeterminate amount of time :p

I don't mind going into The Gap or Pac Sun or Suncoast :p

For exactly how long did you walk around the mall? I still can't believe you did :p

I like the gap :yeah: And don't think I didn't notice you ignored my question about a picture of you in a dress :p

LG made me :p Mo and William didn't give a rip, but when LG makes an Executive Decision, you have no choice but to obey :p

LG :bigclap:

Angele
01-15-2004, 07:20 PM
I agree wholeheartedly :p But that doesn't make it right, at least not in my mind. Better, but not right :p

However, everyone knows my feelings on matters such as these, and as they tend to be somewhat controversial, I suggest we move away from them :p
Good idea, let's move on but hey, we agree on something, how often does that happen :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 07:22 PM
Dude, I'd totally watch :p
If ever you become a succesful direction and/or producer and have millions of dollars to throw away invest, let me know and I'm there :cool:

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 07:23 PM
For exactly how long did you walk around the mall? I still can't believe you did :p

I like the gap :yeah: And don't think I didn't notice you ignored my question about a picture of you in a dress :p

Dude I don't remember, it was like a year ago :p (Wow, my dude-age is really high today :p) I don't LIKE walking around the mall--I find it boring, and large groups of people tend to make me squeamish--but I'm physically capable of doing it :p I've done it a lot, actually, when Mo and Neva and I go into town to see a movie, as Neva is quite keen on spending outlanding amounts of money on shoes that appear, to Mo and I, to look exactly like 3 other pairs she has at home :p (Nice run-on sentence, too :p)

I'll have you know I'm even a clothes snob--I only wear things from The Gap, Old Navy, and Pac Sun :p So there :p

LG :bigclap:

No one with a lick of sense defies LG.

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 07:25 PM
If ever you become a succesful direction and/or producer and have millions of dollars to throw away invest, let me know and I'm there :cool:

I won't ever become a director or a producer, but if I hit the big time as a comic book writer, hotel manager, or teacher, I'll give you a call :p

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 07:26 PM
Good idea, let's move on but hey, we agree on something, how often does that happen :p

We agree when you agree with me :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 07:28 PM
Dude I don't remember, it was like a year ago :p (Wow, my dude-age is really high today :p) I don't LIKE walking around the mall--I find it boring, and large groups of people tend to make me squeamish--but I'm physically capable of doing it :p I've done it a lot, actually, when Mo and Neva and I go into town to see a movie, as Neva is quite keen on spending outlanding amounts of money on shoes that appear, to Mo and I, to look exactly like 3 other pairs she has at home :p (Nice run-on sentence, too :p)

You're still ignoring me :p

Neva sounds like my kinda person :yeah: Shoe shopping is heavenly! You can never, ever have too many pairs of shoes and two pairs are never the same... they're like fingerprints :p

I'll have you know I'm even a clothes snob--I only wear things from The Gap, Old Navy, and Pac Sun :p So there :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 07:30 PM
We agree when you agree with me :p
hey you agreed with me on this one :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 07:31 PM
I won't ever become a director or a producer, but if I hit the big time as a comic book writer, hotel manager, or teacher, I'll give you a call :p
I'll be waiting anxiously by the telephone :p

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 07:34 PM
You're still ignoring me :p

Neva sounds like my kinda person :yeah: Shoe shopping is heavenly! You can never, ever have too many pairs of shoes and two pairs are never the same... they're like fingerprints :p

I love Neva to death, but she's a bit of a drama queen and can be soooooooooo touchy and whiny. She's one of those people who makes mountains out of molehills. She takes on more responsibility than she can handle, then bitches about it and the fact that she has no free time.

Dude, I have a pair of Docs and a pair of sneakers :p

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 07:36 PM
hey you agreed with me on this one :p

Excellent point, my dear Busty :p

I'll be waiting anxiously by the telephone :p

I hope you'll be able to speak by then :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 07:38 PM
I back :wavey:

Angele
01-15-2004, 07:39 PM
I love Neva to death, but she's a bit of a drama queen and can be soooooooooo touchy and whiny. She's one of those people who makes mountains out of molehills. She takes on more responsibility than she can handle, then bitches about it and the fact that she has no free time.

She sounds a lot like me, not sure if that's a good thing for either of us ;) But everybody's got their faults and Neva sounds great :yeah: I think she and I would get along fabulously unless we're too alike, then we might wanna kill each other :p

Dude, I have a pair of Docs and a pair of sneakers :p

Dude, you don't know what you're missing :p I couldn't survive without my ankle boots and my simple black heels that go with everything :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 07:41 PM
Dude, you don't know what you're missing :p I couldn't survive without my ankle boots and my simple black heels that go with everything :p

lol :p

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 07:42 PM
:wavey: On the phone

Angele
01-15-2004, 07:44 PM
I back :wavey:
Yay :rocker:

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 07:45 PM
Thank you..thank you :hatoff:

Angele
01-15-2004, 07:45 PM
lol :p
It's the truth :p A pair of heals that go with everything is extremely valuable :D

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 07:50 PM
I believe you ;)

I do have a simple pair of black heels as well.

I also have too many running shoes..4 pairs :p Probably getting another pair soon as well lol

Angele
01-15-2004, 07:52 PM
I believe you ;)

I do have a simple pair of black heels as well.

:bigclap: And I bet you love them right?

I also have too many running shoes..4 pairs :p Probably getting another pair soon as well lol

I've only got 2 pairs of sneakers... 3 if you count an old beat up pair that I rarely wear :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Yeah they're ok..basically if I need any other kind of shoe my sister had like 3 billion pairs :p So I'll just snake hers ;)

A couple of weeks ago we went to my cousin's formal engagement party..so naturally no jeans or anything. So I had on a nice top, black pants (which also is necessary..everyone needs at least one pair ;)) and my black converse shoes :p My mom kinda looked at my feet and laughed a bit..I was like I ain't wearing nice shoes..as soon as we go inside we're taking our shoes off anyway :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 08:02 PM
Yeah they're ok..basically if I need any other kind of shoe my sister had like 3 billion pairs :p So I'll just snake hers ;)

I'm a size 10/11, not too many people I can borrow from :p

A couple of weeks ago we went to my cousin's formal engagement party..so naturally no jeans or anything. So I had on a nice top, black pants (which also is necessary..everyone needs at least one pair ;)) and my black converse shoes :p My mom kinda looked at my feet and laughed a bit..I was like I ain't wearing nice shoes..as soon as we go inside we're taking our shoes off anyway :p

My english vocabulary doesn't include converse shoes so you'll have to explain that to me :p

I've got a pair of black pants that I love! They go well with both my ankle boots and my black heels ;) My black pants and my plain knee length black dress are my like two favorite pieces of clothing cuz with those you're never stuck with something to wear out to something formal!

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 08:02 PM
Hey Marly did you see that over at Days one of their upset recently fired actors gives away who the Serial Killer is :haha:

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 08:05 PM
I'm a size 10/11, not too many people I can borrow from :p

My english vocabulary doesn't include converse shoes so you'll have to explain that to me :p

I've got a pair of black pants that I love! They go well with both my ankle boots and my black heels ;) My black pants and my plain knee length black dress are my like two favorite pieces of clothing cuz with those you're never stuck with something to wear out to something formal!

I still can't believe your foot size given your height lol :p

Anyhoo these were the shoes I was wearing, they actually looked pretty good lol :p..btw Converse is a company..like Nike, Reebok..etc.

http://www.converse.com/LiveFiles/1/19/1H879_400.jpg

Angele
01-15-2004, 08:08 PM
I still can't believe your foot size given your height lol :p

I'd love to have a smaller foot :p It's horrible not being able to wear my friends's shoes :o

Anyhoo these were the shoes I was wearing, they actually looked pretty good lol :p..btw Converse is a company..like Nike, Reebok..etc.

http://www.converse.com/LiveFiles/1/19/1H879_400.jpg

Oh ok, I thought converse shoes were a type of shoe :o Those shoes are nice but a nice top and dress pans with sneakers is a very Kelly Osbourne kind of look :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 08:10 PM
Today on Dr. Phil it's the Dr. Phil family, a family that he follows and deals with maybe once a month. Anyways they were interviewing the wife and she said "i should of married my high school boyfriend" and then "if I met my husband today, I wouldn't marry him again" and Dr. Phil goes to the husband, How does that make you feel and he says well you know that hurts my feelings... duh :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 08:11 PM
I'd love to have a smaller foot :p It's horrible not being able to wear my friends's shoes :o

Oh ok, I thought converse shoes were a type of shoe :o Those shoes are nice but a nice top and dress pans with sneakers is a very Kelly Osbourne kind of look :p

It was held at a friends house so we took off our shoes as soon as we got there.. it was all good ;)

Angele
01-15-2004, 08:12 PM
It was held at a friends house so we took off our shoes as soon as we got there.. it was all good ;)
Oh ok well that's good then :yeah: Even if you hadn't taken them off though at least the shoes are dark so they wouldn't of drawn attention :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 08:14 PM
Oh ok well that's good then :yeah: Even if you hadn't taken them off though at least the shoes are dark so they wouldn't of drawn attention :p

I probably would've taken them off anyway..even though they look nice they can be horrible uncomfortable :o Generally I only wear them if I know I'm going to be taking them off..or I'll be sitting :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 08:15 PM
I probably would've taken them off anyway..even though they look nice they can be horrible uncomfortable :o Generally I only wear them if I know I'm going to be taking them off..or I'll be sitting :p
Well then why not just wear heels? :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 08:18 PM
Well then why not just wear heels? :p

Cause I don't like wearing heels unless I have to..as in no other options :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 08:20 PM
Cause I don't like wearing heels unless I have to..as in no other options :p
I'm shorts so I wear heels whenever I can :o So much so that when I go to school in sneakers, as opposed to in my boots with 3 inch heels, people are like :eek:, I never realized you were short Angele :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 08:22 PM
I'm shorts so I wear heels whenever I can :o So much so that when I go to school in sneakers, as opposed to in my boots with 3 inch heels, people are like :eek:, I never realized you were short Angele :p

lol no not me. I'm short as well..but no heels here :p I wear sneakers everywhere.

Angele
01-15-2004, 08:24 PM
lol no not me. I'm short as well..but no heels here :p I wear sneakers everywhere.
I'm 5'3" :ras: I've got short legs as well though so all my jeans are WAY too long :o That's why I've got my trust boots :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 08:25 PM
My boots are comfortable though so it's not so bad...not comfortable for three hours of dancing as I found out the hard way but comfortable for day to day life :cool:

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 08:26 PM
I'm 5'3" :ras: I've got short legs as well though so all my jeans are WAY too long :o That's why I've got my trust boots :p

yay for 5'3" :woohoo: Me too ;)

However I'm sort of the opposite..I've got fairly long legs. It's actually a little deceiving sometimes lol..people are surprised i'm only 5'3" cause apparently I seem taller :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 08:28 PM
My boots are comfortable though so it's not so bad...not comfortable for three hours of dancing as I found out the hard way but comfortable for day to day life :cool:

oh lord I've done that :o

I seriously couldn't walk to the car properly :( I had such a bad limp :o

Angele
01-15-2004, 08:30 PM
yay for 5'3" :woohoo: Me too ;)

However I'm sort of the opposite..I've got fairly long legs. It's actually a little deceiving sometimes lol..people are surprised i'm only 5'3" cause apparently I seem taller :p
Think revealing our heights will attract as many lurkers as revealing some of our other measurements? ;)

Lucky for long legs :p Cherish them!

Angele
01-15-2004, 08:32 PM
oh lord I've done that :o

I seriously couldn't walk to the car properly :( I had such a bad limp :o

I couldn't walk properly by the end of the evening either :o It was at a school dance and my volleyball coach was one of the supervisors. I was walking down the hall kind of limping a little and she runs up behind me and she was like Angele! are you ok? Cuz I had just hurt my ankle the week before. And I was like no no, it's just the boots :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 08:32 PM
Think revealing our heights will attract as many lurkers as revealing some of our other measurements? ;)

Lucky for long legs :p Cherish them!

Shall I go get the measuring tape? :p

I do enjoy my long legs ;)

Angele
01-15-2004, 08:34 PM
Shall I go get the measuring tape? :p

I do enjoy my long legs ;)
Maybe later on the measuring tape cuz I've gotta go... cya later :wavey:

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 08:35 PM
Later QG :wavey:

Angele
01-15-2004, 09:29 PM
:wavey: Anybody here?

Angele
01-15-2004, 09:34 PM
Guess what I just got tickets to? Stars on Ice :D :D I'm SO excited :bounce: :bounce:

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 09:45 PM
:wavey:

Stars on Ice, nice :cool: Who's participating?

Angele
01-15-2004, 09:47 PM
:wavey: Cilla!

Well that I know for sure, Alexei Yagudin and Sale & Pelletier :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Angele
01-15-2004, 09:50 PM
I checked the website and besides those three there is Kurt Browning ( :D ) , Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze , Brasseur & Eisler, Todd Eldredge and Jennifer Robinson. The last two I care for less but the rest are great :D

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 09:52 PM
Why does Wimbly do that queue (sp?) thing? :confused: That's gotta be really annoying..not being able to buy tickets in advance. I wouldn't want to wait my ass outside in probably rainy weather :p

:shrug: No bloody idea :p People are mad :p If it rains all night just bring a tent :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 09:55 PM
Are you camping out Cilla?

Jess
01-15-2004, 09:57 PM
Evening :wavey:

Angele
01-15-2004, 09:58 PM
Hey Jess :wavey: How are you?

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 09:58 PM
Would you line up for tickets?..I think I'd be too lazy :p

You need some serious patience, I queued for about 4 hours in total last year :p

The first day that I went with a friend, there was an old man in front of us in a full body cast :tape: He sat down on the floor and everytime the queue moved it would take him 5 minutes to sturggle up. The people in front of us were talking to me & my friend were like wtf is this :p Everything was plastered together his leg, his arm, he even had one of those rods coming out of his arm. Eventually, one of the officials moved him (probably to the front of the queue) we doubted whether he was geniune or just a plot to get to the front :scratch:

Alexei :heart: *Is jealous*

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 10:02 PM
Are you camping out Cilla?

No way :p Maybe I will one day, but no :p Just getting up at a ridiculous hout to queue ;) Kim is a dead cert to be at the autograph island ;) (Injury permitting ;))

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 10:02 PM
Morning folks,

Haven't read back yet so sorry if this is not new bad news .... but it's raining in Sydney. I'm a good 45 minutes from Olympic Park but it's definitely raining here.

Angele
01-15-2004, 10:03 PM
So when you queue is it first come first serve or what? It seems like quite an ordeal... wouldn't it be easier if you could just buy advance tickets :p

Alexei is SO gorgeous :hearts: :hearts: I can't wait :D I'll take pictures for you guys!

Jess
01-15-2004, 10:06 PM
:rolleyes: Wimby queues - awful things - I did it a couple of years ago to sit out and watch Lleyt on the big screen - takes forever

Chesty Larue
So when you queue is it first come first serve or what? It seems like quite an ordeal... wouldn't it be easier if you could just buy advance tickets :p

Alexei is SO gorgeous :hearts: :hearts: I can't wait :D I'll take pictures for you guys!

lol Ange..of course it's easier..someone needs to inform our poor English friends :p

Angele
hey Jane :wavey: How are you this morning?

Rain :( I wonder when Lley is scheduled to play today? Is it like heavy rain that you just know is going to last all day or any chance of it letting up?

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 10:07 PM
Little do the authorities know that you are a BBB, capable of bringing down the entire airport with a bobby pin and a stick of chewing gum! :p

I need a job. But I have no skills :p

Mwhahaha :devil:

I have no skills either, but I managed to get one :p

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 10:08 PM
Hello Jess & Jane :wavey:

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 10:11 PM
Head of Tennis Canada steps down

1/15/2004

TORONTO (CP) - With a world-class tennis facility finally under construction in Toronto and Canada making strides in international tennis, Bob Moffatt has decided to step down as president and CEO of Tennis Canada after 15 years at that post.

Moffatt, 57, made the announcement Thursday during a conference call. A replacement has yet to be named.

``I jokingly said to someone on staff earlier today `After 25 years of being involved in tennis, I haven't had a summer vacation. I wouldn't mind having a summer off,''' Moffatt said. ``Joking aside, I think that I've done pretty much everything I wanted to do here at Tennis Canada. I think I finished all the projects that I started. So it's just personally time to look at doing some other things.''

The main stadium court at the new $45-million Rexall Centre at York University is expected to be completed by the end of March, when Moffatt will officially leave his post. The men's ATP tournament, the Tennis Masters Series Canada, will be played at the Rexall Centre July 24 to Aug. 1.

The Jarry Park Tennis Centre in Montreal is undergoing $12.8 million in renovations and will host the women's WTA tournament, the Rogers AT&T Cup, July 31 to Aug. 8.

That's my park baby! :yippee:

The Canadian men's team is making its return to the World Group of the Davis Cup for the first time since 1992. Canada faces the Netherlands in Maastricht Feb. 6-8 in the first round.

``One of the key things you do when you're a president and CEO is make sure you're leaving something better behind than you started with and I feel confident that is happening,'' Moffatt said.

Moffatt, from Victoria, was the first full-time president and CEO of Tennis Canada. He said he doesn't have specific plans on what he wants to do next.

Tennis Canada has struck a search committee, led by board chairman Harold Milavsky, to find Moffatt's replacement before he leaves at the end of March.

*Jumps up and down* Oh! Pick me! Pick me! :bounce:

``We have hopefully some internal candidates as well as seeing what's out there in the community at large,'' Milavsky said from Calgary.

The new facility at York University will be the main element of Moffatt's legacy. The men's pro tour had been threatening not to return to Toronto in 2004 because it felt the National Tennis Centre was substandard.

``The Toronto facility is something I've been working on from the first year I arrived here,'' said Moffatt.

Lining up financing for a new site proved arduous as Toronto fell short in its 1996 and 2000 Olympic Games bids, which would have spurred funding for a new facility.

``The biggest thing was working through the finances,'' Moffatt said. ``We're a non-profit organization. We didn't want to jeopardize the money we spend on tennis development.''

The federal and provincial governments came through with grants, Tennis Canada dug into its reserves and borrowed money, and corporate donors, including Rexall, got involved.

The main stadium at the Rexall Centre will hold 12,500 seats as opposed to the 8,500 at the old facility.

Moffatt says his successor will face the challenge of maximizing the Rexall Centre to get the most revenue out of it, further developing Canada's top players to perform better internationally, as well as growing the sport at the grassroots level and encouraging more people to play tennis.

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 10:12 PM

:eek: :p

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Oh, by the way, I definitiely agree with Angele that Kim is better than "some little hussy" even though I didn't read the wntire conversation, LOL.

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 10:16 PM
The rain is not especially heavy but at the moment it looks like it's settled in. Weather can be a bit odd at this time of year so hopefully it will change later in the day.

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 10:18 PM

Yep first come first serve :p There are boxes around though for people who have finished with their tickets for the day & then they re-sell them for a cheaper price. Even the re-sale queue is about a mile long :p

You'd better take pics :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 10:19 PM
Oh, by the way, I definitiely agree with Angele that Kim is better than "some little hussy" even though I didn't read the wntire conversation, LOL.
Thank you Jane :yeah:

We were talking about the wedding and wedding dresses. Over at CCL in the wedding thread I put Kim will wear white ( of course :angel: ) meaning like she'll be a tradional, classic bride but Ileana read it and thought about what wearing a white wedding dress usually means ;) We started talking about that and I said well I'm assuming Kim is marrying the one man she's ever slept me so she's not so bad :angel:

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 10:19 PM
:rolleyes: Wimby queues - awful things - I did it a couple of years ago to sit out and watch Lleyt on the big screen - takes forever

Ah, so you've experienced 'the hill' then ;) :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 10:21 PM
Thank you Jane :yeah:

We were talking about the wedding and wedding dresses. Over at CCL in the wedding thread I put Kim will wear white ( of course :angel: ) meaning like she'll be a tradional, classic bride but Ileana read it and thought about what wearing a white wedding dress usually means ;) We started talking about that and I said well I'm assuming Kim is marrying the one man she's ever slept me so she's not so bad :angel:

You can always count on me to ruin a good thing :D :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 10:23 PM
Yep first come first serve :p There are boxes around though for people who have finished with their tickets for the day & then they re-sell them for a cheaper price. Even the re-sale queue is about a mile long :p

Geez what an ordeal :p It would be worth it though if you could get tickets :D

You'd better take pics :p

I definetly will :D I'll bring my digital camera and my regular camera :bounce:

Angele
01-15-2004, 10:24 PM
Guess what I can do now? Drink from a glass :D

Jess
01-15-2004, 10:25 PM
Ah, so you've experienced 'the hill' then ;) :p

Indeed I have - the year he won as well although didn't go for the final. Went the day he played Schalken which was a very nerve wracking experience :rolleyes:

Angele
01-15-2004, 10:25 PM
You can always count on me to ruin a good thing :D :p
I'm just surprised nobody picked up on it before you did :p It's fairly obvious now that you mention it and plus coming from me :o :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 10:26 PM

:bigclap: :D

Angele
01-15-2004, 10:27 PM
Thanks Ileana! Beats having to drink out of those little medicine cups :o

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 10:27 PM
Woohoo for drinking from a glass! That must make life easier.

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 10:28 PM
I'm just surprised nobody picked up on it before you did :p It's fairly obvious now that you mention it and plus coming from me :o :p

You've got to get up pretty early in the morning to get one past me ;)

Angele
01-15-2004, 10:29 PM
Woohoo for drinking from a glass! That must make life easier.
Definetly! It was annoying having to pour everything into those small cups. I'll be able to drink quicker now too :D

Angele
01-15-2004, 10:30 PM
You've got to get up pretty early in the morning to get one past me ;)
Well usually I'm really on the ball when it comes to things about Lleyton and Kim and this er, part of their life, but I just did not see that at all :o

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 10:30 PM
Geez what an ordeal :p It would be worth it though if you could get tickets :D

I definetly will :D I'll bring my digital camera and my regular camera :bounce:

Indeed :p So pray for me that the good organisers of Wimbly will select me fort tickets next month :p

:woohoo:

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 10:33 PM
Indeed I have - the year he won as well although didn't go for the final. Went the day he played Schalken which was a very nerve wracking experience :rolleyes:

I watched that on televison, what a collapse but subsequent heroic recovery from Lleyts :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 10:34 PM
I watched that on televison, what a collapse but subsequent heroic recovery from Lleyts :p
I was in school during that match *thanks god* :o

Angele
01-15-2004, 10:35 PM
Indeed :p So pray for me that the good organisers of Wimbly will select me fort tickets next month :p

Ok :)

So explain to me how the whole thing works. Can you enter a ballot for tickets and they pick a certain amount and then the rest of the tickets you have to queue for?

Jess

That's the other stupid thing - you can't choose which day you go or anything so you may well not get to see the players you want to see. :rolleyes:

Goonergal

:bounce:

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 10:36 PM
I remember that match cause I had to listen to the commenting genius that is Jim Courier :p

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 10:37 PM
I was in school during that match *thanks god* :o

Lucky you :p

I remember the BBC only switched to the match when Lleyton got ripped 6-1 in the 4th to see the potential shock on the cards :rolleyes:

Angele
01-15-2004, 10:39 PM

I remember the BBC only switched to the match when Lleyton got ripped 6-1 in the 4th to see the potential shock on the cards :rolleyes:
:nerner: for them cuz Lley won :D I bet every single person at the BBC was thinking omg, if Lley loses maybe, just maybe, Tim can make the final... look how that turned out though :p

Jess
01-15-2004, 10:39 PM

It was awful - the way he just fell to bits in the third and fourth sets... was having heart failure :rolleyes:
Turned out alright in the end though ;)

Angele
01-15-2004, 10:40 PM
I remember I got home and the headline at yahoo tennis was something like Hewitt struggles but wins and I was like well at least he won and then I saw the score and read about the match and I was very :eek:

Jess
01-15-2004, 10:41 PM
Desperately trying ot finish this awful English Lit essay :rolleyes: Who cares about the poetry of Seamus Heany anyway :rolleyes: it's a crime they inflict this on us!

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 10:42 PM
Ok :)

So explain to me how the whole thing works. Can you enter a ballot for tickets and they pick a certain amount and then the rest of the tickets you have to queue for?

Basically you write to them for a form to fill in, fill it out and then they do a draw in January, and you are draw for a certain day's play on the show courts e.g Women's semi finals day, Men' QF day or even the final. If you don't hear from them by the end of Feb then assume you haven't got any tickets. But, as people reject them they could still offer you tickets. You can choose either one pair of tickets, one single ticket or 2 single tickets (not next to each other)

The rest of tickets you have to queue for.

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 10:43 PM
The best was the box ..It went from laughing, joking sort of Kim, Chezza and company..to very serious and then extremely relieved :p

Another image from that match is Kim and Chezza like jumping up and hugging each other when he finally won :p

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 10:43 PM
That's the other stupid thing - you can't choose which day you go or anything so you may well not get to see the players you want to see. :rolleyes:

exactly, that's the one drawback. I mean if you get tickets for the final it might be Agassi Vs Roddick (and who in their right mind would want to see that :p)

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 10:46 PM
I remember that match cause I had to listen to the commenting genius that is Jim Courier :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 10:47 PM
Are the Wimbly people aware what a hassle they are creating for their fans in regards to tickets? :p

Although the tent thing sounds rather interesting..walk into someone else's tent..Hey! How you doing? ;) :p

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 10:48 PM
:nerner: for them cuz Lley won :D I bet every single person at the BBC was thinking omg, if Lley loses maybe, just maybe, Tim can make the final... look how that turned out though :p

Yep, the commentator even said that :p He said lets' hope it's 23-21 in the 5th so they're tired to face Henboy :rolleyes: Too bad for them that Lley whopped Henboy :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 10:48 PM
I wonder why the Wimbledon people bother with this whole queue thing? It would work out to the same thing if you could just buy tickets in advance :scratch:

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 10:50 PM
Desperately trying ot finish this awful English Lit essay :rolleyes: Who cares about the poetry of Seamus Heany anyway :rolleyes: it's a crime they inflict this on us!

Speaking of English essays, I have another to hand in on Monday :mad:

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 10:51 PM
AO draw in 40 minutes folks. I am madly trying to think of someone who would be at home today who can watch it on TV and relay it to me!

Angele
01-15-2004, 10:52 PM
AO draw in 40 minutes folks. I am madly trying to think of someone who would be at home today who can watch it on TV and relay it to me!
Already? :unsure: I thought it was only in another 5 hours + :o

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 10:52 PM
The same way all stupid concepts develop I suppose - some genius (or more likely some committee) dreams it up as a solution to some obscure, long-forgotten problem, and then once it's been done twice you can't change it because it's become a "tradition".

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 10:54 PM
Are the Wimbly people aware what a hassle they are creating for their fans in regards to tickets? :p

Although the tent thing sounds rather interesting..walk into someone else's tent..Hey! How you doing? ;) :p

Obviously not :p

The Brits are much too reserved for those type of shenanigans :p

Lisbeth
Well the TV guide said 10:30am and it's currently 9:53am - Melbourne and Sydney are on the same time. So I THINK I'm right but sorry if I'm misleading you.

Chesty Larue

Looks like Kim's planning to screw them all over :lol:

Go Kimmie! :p

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 10:55 PM
I wonder why the Wimbledon people bother with this whole queue thing? It would work out to the same thing if you could just buy tickets in advance :scratch:

The only people that are allocated tickets in advance are the extrodinarily rich English folk :rolleyes:

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 10:57 PM
Obviously not :p

The Brits are much too reserved for those type of shenanigans :p

Indeed..cause I could think of a million fun things to do with a tent :D (and I ain't talking about what you're all probably thinking :p)

You could like set up shop and sell alcohol to get a better place in line ;)

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 10:58 PM
The same way all stupid concepts develop I suppose - some genius (or more likely some committee) dreams it up as a solution to some obscure, long-forgotten problem, and then once it's been done twice you can't change it because it's become a "tradition".

You've hit the nail right on the head Jane. The All England Club are so set in their outdated ways it's untrue. I mean they've only just agreed to a roof on centre court now after years and years of the idea being suggested.

Jess
Speaking of English essays, I have another to hand in on Monday :mad:

Mines tomorrow - and it's now eleven pm and I've written about ten lines. :rolleyes: Had four hours of Maths and Physics homework first. Nightmare. You'd have though they would give me an extension because I missed a week - but Oh No apparantly not!

Angele
Well the TV guide said 10:30am and it's currently 9:53am - Melbourne and Sydney are on the same time. So I THINK I'm right but sorry if I'm misleading you.
No it's at 10:30 a.m melbourne time, that's what I read on wtaworld as well. I just did the time difference wrong :o

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 10:59 PM
Indeed, go Kim. If it's good enough for certain other people, it's good enough for our Kimmie.

You don't think she's planning to .... play, do you?

Angele
01-15-2004, 10:59 PM
Indeed..cause I could think of a million fun things to do with a tent :D (and I ain't talking about what you're all probably thinking :p)

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 11:00 PM
On the other hand, any tournament which serves Pimms and Strawberries and bans orange frocks can't be all bad.

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 11:01 PM

You can order Pizza too :p Well, maybe not at 4am but still :p I got some nice free starbucks' frapapchino's while I was queing :p

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 11:03 PM
Indeed, go Kim. If it's good enough for certain other people, it's good enough for our Kimmie.

Good god no lol :p

She will however possible cause one side to be completely stacked :p and that will highly amuse me :angel:

Jess
01-15-2004, 11:03 PM

What's the latest on Kim's situation - haven't had time to read anything today.

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 11:04 PM

Personally no. Or another likely scenario imo is that she will play and will have to retire.

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 11:07 PM
On the other hand, any tournament which serves Pimms and Strawberries and bans orange frocks can't be all bad.

The strawberries & cream are overrated :ras: They are overpriced and I didn't enjoy it :p But, hey that's just my opinion ;)

Angele
Good god no lol :p

She will however possible cause one side to be completely stacked :p and that will highly amuse me :angel:
If that happens I'm boycotting GM for at least the next 3 weeks :o

Chesty Larue
What's the latest on Kim's situation - haven't had time to read anything today.

There hasn't been any news for days..so either she's attempting to call on the same evil powers to heal herself that Ezel did...or she's just taking treatment and doing nothing else.

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 11:09 PM
Mines tomorrow - and it's now eleven pm and I've written about ten lines. :rolleyes: Had four hours of Maths and Physics homework first. Nightmare. You'd have though they would give me an extension because I missed a week - but Oh No apparantly not!

lol, sounds like me with my last essay. I just couldn't motivate myself to write at all :o

Jess
01-15-2004, 11:10 PM
There hasn't been any news for days..so either she's attempting to call on the same evil powers to heal herself that Ezel did...or she's just taking treatment and doing nothing else.

How come Ezel does her ankle and gets up and carries on playing :p - just confirms my suspicion that she is actually not human :rolleyes:

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 11:13 PM
I haven't seen any news. I do think if she was 100% sure she couldn't play, she would have pulled out by now because she's not a selfish person. On the other hand she's the second seed and crowd fave, so IMHO she's perfectly entitled to hang on to that last thread of hope.

Or maybe she's been so busy supporting Lleyton she just forgot!

Angele
01-15-2004, 11:17 PM
I haven't seen any news. I do think if she was 100% sure she couldn't play, she would have pulled out by now because she's not a selfish person. On the other hand she's the second seed and crowd fave, so IMHO she's perfectly entitled to hang on to that last thread of hope.

Or maybe she's been so busy supporting Lleyton she just forgot!
:lol: at maybe she forgot!

I agree with the above though, I think there has to be some chance that she'll be able to play before she would of pulled out otherwise.

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 11:17 PM
How come Ezel does her ankle and gets up and carries on playing :p - just confirms my suspicion that she is actually not human :rolleyes:

She apparently sprained her ankle and has blisters on her right foot. Yes once again charges to victory :rolleyes:

Jess
01-15-2004, 11:20 PM
She apparently sprained her ankle and has blisters on her right foot. Yes once again charges to victory :rolleyes:

Drama Queen :o - that's about as believable as her being on a drip before the US Open final :rolleyes:

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 11:23 PM
Orchestra @ my uni has been nominated for a Grammy :eek:

Maggini Quartet Receives Grammy Nomination

The Maggini Quartet, Artists in Association with Brunel University Arts Centre, have been nominated for the 46th Annual Grammy Awards, which will be presented in Los Angeles at the Staples Center on Sunday, February 8, 2004. The show will be broadcast on the CBS Television Network from 8-11:30pm.

Formed in 1988, the Maggini Quartet is established as one of the finest British string quartets, both in performance and through their international award winning recordings. They regularly give performances at Brunel University.

The Maggini have been nominated for:
Category 99 - Best Chamber Music Performance (award to artists)
Arthur Bliss: String Quartet No. 1; Conversations For Flute, Oboe, Violin, Viola And Cello, etc. Maggini Quartet with Michael Cox, flute & alto flute, Nicholas Daniel, oboe & cor anglais 8.557108

"Once again Naxos's award-winning Maggini Quartet serves up a first-class disc of English music." The Strad

Angele
01-15-2004, 11:25 PM
That's very cool Cilla!

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 11:28 PM
I can see it all right now..Justine is prancing off to practice after just breaking her leg in 5 places the day before :confused: Kim sees her drop a piece of paper and yells to Justine (who can't hear cause she's got headphones on) Kim walks up and picks up the paper and sees a phone number on it..curiousity getting the better of Kim..she pulls out her cell and dials the number, it rings and she gets voicemail...'Hi you've reached the Devil..I'm not in right now but if you'd like to leave your name and number I'd be happy to get back to you'.. :p

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 11:28 PM
Is it just me or does JHH need a new line of cotton-wool lined shoes. She gets a hell of a lot of blisters - or does she just complain about them a lot? I mean, I know players get them - I remember some pretty gruesome pics of Serena's feet - but if you constantly have to call the trainer maybe you're wearing the wrong size shoes or something?

Angele
01-15-2004, 11:30 PM
Is it just me or does JHH need a new line of cotton-wool lined shoes. She gets a hell of a lot of blisters - or does she just complain about them a lot? I mean, I know players get them - I remember some pretty gruesome pics of Serena's feet - but if you constantly have to call the trainer maybe you're wearing the wrong size shoes or something?
Well she can't seem to get her skirt size right :tape:

Angele
01-15-2004, 11:30 PM
I can see it all right now..Justine is prancing off to practice after just breaking her leg in 5 places the day before :confused: Kim sees her drop a piece of paper and yells to Justine (who can't hear cause she's got headphones on) Kim walks up and picks up the paper and sees a phone number on it..curiousity getting the better of Kim..she pulls out her cell and dials the number, it rings and she gets voicemail...'Hi you've reached the Devil..I'm not in right now but if you'd like to leave your name and number I'd be happy to get back to you'.. :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 11:31 PM
Ileana have you seen TSN's AO commercial? It almost made me dizzy :o

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 11:31 PM
That's very cool Cilla!

lol, yes. But, I never pay any attention to uni news though :p Well now we've had a world cup winner, and olympic winner & a grammy nominated orchestra :p

Jess
01-15-2004, 11:32 PM

I reckon she just makes more fuss than others :rolleyes: Most players save complaining for when they have proper injuries.

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 11:33 PM

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 11:35 PM
Yes, that image of Serena's blister @ the AO last year is one I'd like to forget :tape: That thing was enormous!

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 11:35 PM
Ileana have you seen TSN's AO commercial? It almost made me dizzy :o

Nope I haven't seen it. Why do they even have an AO commercial? :confused:

Angele
01-15-2004, 11:36 PM
lol, yes. But, I never pay any attention to uni news though :p Well now we've had a world cup winner, and olympic winner & a grammy nominated orchestra :p
What are you aiming for? A nobel prize perhaps? :p

Angele
01-15-2004, 11:37 PM
Nope I haven't seen it. Why do they even have an AO commercial? :confused:
I don't know but it's quite interesting. It's a sequence of like flashing images of different players ( including Lley and Kim). I'm not sure what they say in the bg because I only noticed towards the end that it was a tennis commercial :o

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 11:38 PM
Michelle Wie is not making her putts :p

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 11:39 PM
What are you aiming for? A nobel prize perhaps? :p

Lisbeth
news trickling in that it's a Henin-Davenport quarter

Angele
Michelle Wie is not making her putts :p
Yeah I know :p She finished at +2 though, that's a very good! Tomorrow we should be able to see most her round live :D

Angele
01-15-2004, 11:40 PM
:haha: :devil:

Angele
01-15-2004, 11:41 PM
Amelie is in the second quarter, nobody else in there with her it seems so Venus will be in Kim's half :unsure:

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 11:42 PM

Good :devil: Perfect chance for Linds to gain revenge :devil:

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 11:43 PM
Yep, I'll be sending Lindsay some nice soothing shoulder balm I think.

If worst comes to worst and Kim does not play I wanted an Amelie v Lindsay final but I think that may have to be a semi instead - only getting vague reports though (someone's mum is at home listening). I think I'll just wait till they post it now to avoid misleading anyone.

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 11:43 PM
Just realised Molik hasn't withdrawn yet either, strange,

Angele
01-15-2004, 11:44 PM
Venus-Ai in the third quarter

Murkofan
Yeah I know :p She finished at +2 though, that's a very good! Tomorrow we should be able to see most her round live :D

Pff @ not getting to see her today :p I don't know if I want to bother with the rest of today's show then :p

But yay for getting to see her live tomorrow :D

Angele
Just realised Molik hasn't withdrawn yet either, strange,
Latest new is that she's a go for the tournament!

Angele
01-15-2004, 11:45 PM
Pff @ not getting to see her today :p I don't know if I want to bother with the rest of today's show then :p

But yay for getting to see her live tomorrow :D
Yeah I'm not even sure if I'm gonna watch the rest of the round :o

Angele
01-15-2004, 11:46 PM
Kim's got Myskina in her quarter

Lisbeth
Venus will be an interesting factor this year. She has pulled out incredibly bad AO performances before even without 6 months off. Too busy at fashion college or something to practise, apparently. So I'm not sure she's as bad a draw here as at, say, Wimby or USO.

Chesty Larue

:eek:

Did she find Justine's paper :unsure: :p

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 11:47 PM
Myskina then Venus is probably better than, say Lindsay then Amelie, to be honest.

Angele
01-15-2004, 11:48 PM
:eek:

Did she find Justine's paper :unsure: :p
In this same article that Paul says Kim has til her match is called to pull out it also says that Alicia is playing :p

Chesty Larue
Round 1

Clijsters vs Weingartner

:o The Giant Killer :lol:

Lisbeth

OMG! :D Is this from a reliable source (such as Kim?)?

Angele
01-15-2004, 11:49 PM
Sharapova also in Kim's quarter

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 11:49 PM
Oh no, not Weingartner.

Angele
01-15-2004, 11:50 PM
OMG! :D Is this from a reliable source (such as Kim?)?
I was talking about Alicia :o Sorry!

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 11:51 PM
Hmm, a fit Kim would beat Weingartner as easy as she did at the FO last year's. But now who know :shrug:

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 11:51 PM
Aw, Michelle Wie is charming :D

Jess
01-15-2004, 11:52 PM
I guess with it being a home g.s you're going to attempt it if it is at all possible.

Lisbeth
01-15-2004, 11:53 PM
Oh, OK, well that's still good news.

Sharapova is a toughie I guess but then 3rd rounds aren't supposed to be a walk in the park, and I remember all the hype last time they met yet Kim won realtively easily.

Chesty Larue
01-15-2004, 11:53 PM
Molik is kind of surprising..I heard she partially tore something :o

Murkofan
01-15-2004, 11:54 PM
Yeah I'm not even sure if I'm gonna watch the rest of the round :o

I might watch because it's pretty and there's nothing else on :p

Goonergal
01-15-2004, 11:56 PM
Molik is kind of surprising..I heard she partially tore something :o

Yeah, a ligament in her foot :confused:

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 12:11 AM
I just got unceremonously ejected from this forum and couldn't get back in for about 20 minutes. I wonder what happened?

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 12:13 AM
I heard Lleyton gets a quali first, then Kucera or Malisse. He beat both those at Hopman but wow that really shows the depth of the men's draw.

Angele
01-16-2004, 12:13 AM
I just got unceremonously ejected from this forum and couldn't get back in for about 20 minutes. I wonder what happened?
Same thing happened to me :(

Angele
01-16-2004, 12:14 AM
I think Lley might have Mantilla in the third round... Federer is his quarter :unsure:

Jess
01-16-2004, 12:17 AM
Same thing happened to me :(
And me

Sounds like Lleyton's got a v tough draw - but if you're going to win you have to beat good players.. Also what happens when you're only number 15 seed.

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 12:17 AM
Yeah, Federer and Nalbandian. Tough 0 but he has beaten them all before.

I am the only one who thinks that Roddick, Dent and Fish in the same quarter for the "prize" of playing Agassi in the semi is absolutely frigging hilarious? Pat McEnroe must be readying the hemlock.

Goonergal
01-16-2004, 12:20 AM
Everyone is back? :wavey:

Very tough matches on the men's side. The mens' comp will be more exciting than the womens'.

Jess
01-16-2004, 12:24 AM
Everyone is back? :wavey:

Very tough matches on the men's side. The mens' comp will be more exciting than the womens'.

Yep, with Serena out, Kim doubtful and Venus in questionable form I am very worried this will turn into G.S number three for Ezel :rolleyes: what a horrible thought!

Murkofan
I am the only one who thinks that Roddick, Dent and Fish in the same quarter for the "prize" of playing Agassi in the semi is absolutely frigging hilarious? Pat McEnroe must be readying the hemlock.

Is that the case? Omg, that's hysterical :haha: I love the Aussie Open!

Lisbeth
The men are always more exciting until the quarters anyway, then the women get interesting.

I've decided to think of it this way - imagine the quality points Ll will get if he make it through! And if he loses in teh 4th round, well he defends his points and shouldn't lose confidence from being beaten by Federer who is generally considered the most talented guy on tour.

Flip has Thomas J first round. That's rough on both of them.

Goonergal
01-16-2004, 12:27 AM
Thomas J [My Girl :D]

I'm off to bed. Night peeps :wavey:

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 12:27 AM
I believe that's the case from what someone posted in GM here. Also, Ginepri (who is Pat Mac's "dark horse" pick - wtf?!) is in Agassi's quarter. I'm waiting for the calls of "rigged"!

Angele
01-16-2004, 12:29 AM
'night Hootie :wavey:

Murkofan
01-16-2004, 12:30 AM
I believe that's the case from what someone posted in GM here. Also, Ginepri (who is Pat Mac's "dark horse" pick - wtf?!) is in Agassi's quarter. I'm waiting for the calls of "rigged"!

Oh, cry me a river. Tit for tat, considering the debacle that was last year's US Open :rolleyes:

I'm not sure I would call Ginepri a dark horse, especially considering he's in DH's quarter, but he's a LOT better than he was when Ll bagelled him in Cincy :p I'd rank Ginepri, Dent, and Fish above Blake.

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 12:38 AM
Agree. I didn't notice where Blake is - maybe he's not seeded.

Jess
01-16-2004, 12:38 AM
DH? Am I being really stupid here?! Very tired ;)

Lisbeth
01-16-2004, 12:39 AM
Well anyway, I'm off for a bit but will come back this afternoon.

dagmar7
01-16-2004, 12:40 AM
Agree. I didn't notice where Blake is - maybe he's not seeded.

:wavey:

I'm pretty sure that Blake is playing Moya in the first round...interesting.

Angele
01-16-2004, 12:41 AM
Cya later Jane :wavey:

Angele
01-16-2004, 12:43 AM
DH? Am I being really stupid here?! Very tired ;)
DH = Double Head = Agassi ;)

Jess
01-16-2004, 12:47 AM
Oh right - hadn't heard that one before- about to fall asleep on keyboard :rolleyes: if I get a half decent mark on this essay it will be a miracle!

Angele
01-16-2004, 12:53 AM
Oh right - hadn't heard that one before- about to fall asleep on keyboard :rolleyes: if I get a half decent mark on this essay it will be a miracle!
I'm sure you'll do fine :yeah:

Jess
01-16-2004, 12:56 AM
Hmm, it's never a good sign when you're working at 1am in the morning!

You know when you just get a horrible title that you just put off in the hope it'll go away - that's what this is like! Nearly done now though... thank goodness.