The Fred Hemmes Jr Cheering Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Fred Hemmes Jr Cheering Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Kezzi
01-03-2004, 05:16 PM
:wavey::wavey::wavey:Hello!!:wavey::wavey::wavey:

Fred didn't have one, so here's one for him!!

Edit: We got a little carried away at the last pages of this thread, don't take anything of that seriously, it's all just for fun :) .
Another thing is that there are more posts in Dutch along the way, so if you want them translated, feel free to ask ;) .

stephB
01-04-2004, 03:18 PM
good idea kezzi :)

Kezzi
01-04-2004, 05:55 PM
I'm glad that at least one person is happy with it :D

Snoopy_Girl
01-04-2004, 06:04 PM
:cool: Make that 2 :p ....

Although I'm normally not that much into the Dutch... I do like to yell "go Fred!" :worship:

Gosjke
01-04-2004, 08:14 PM
So, I'll join you guys on this cheering thread. Go Fred! :yippee: I hope he will do well this year... Maybe he can make it into the top 150, if that isn't too much to ask for? ;)

Hi Kezzi :wavey: Sorry it took me so long to get things working again!

Claire007
01-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Hi everyone, I have seen a demostration game he played against Martin Verkerk in The Hague.. I hadn't heard of him before that..but now I do so I hope he will get into the top 150 too!!! :)
Does anyone if he'll play soon?

bye bye xxx Claire :wavey:

Kezzi
01-06-2004, 04:31 PM
I think he is going to play the qualifications for the Aussie Open. He played them in the US Open last year with a lower ranking. It's just a guess, but everyting I (or Gosjke) know appears on our site as soon as possible.

carshie
01-06-2004, 06:54 PM
Maybe he'll play in Rotterdam again (doubles?), we saw him there last year! Good luck to him if he does play the quallies at the Australian Open :yeah:

stephB
01-07-2004, 02:03 PM
oh. he really played in rotterdam last year? i totally forgot about that. just remember that he was in rosmalen. didnt he play against clement?

Gosjke
01-07-2004, 04:13 PM
Yeah he lost first round to Arnaud in Rosmalen, pretty bad if I remember it correctly. And he also played doubles with Mario Ancic last year in Rotterdam, I thought he also tried to qualify for the singles, but no luck there. Don't know if he's playing this week... Good luck to Fred anyway! :wavey:

Kezzi
01-07-2004, 08:39 PM
I hope he's coming to Rotterdam again this year ! Get some nice pics for the site... :)

stephB
01-08-2004, 12:06 PM
@ gosjke yeah. than he lost in the first round to arnaud. but i have to say that i wasnt that mad :) i like arnaud more. sorry :)

Gosjke
01-08-2004, 08:30 PM
Haha, that's ok, Arnaud is one of my faves too and it was one of the first big ATP events for Fred and he happened to come up against Arnaud in the first round, which was just bad luck, since Arnaud was in the final of Rosmalen before and Arnaud is, well euhm.. the better player, hehe. So I didn't really expect Fred to win anyway. But who knows.. if he ever plays Arnaud in the future ;)

stephB
01-09-2004, 11:38 AM
yeah. thatīs it. who knows. things happen that you never expect. weird.
but also when arnaud is one of my absolutely faves, i like fred :)
have you been in rosmalen?

Corredian's_Mind
01-09-2004, 11:47 AM
i've seen him play against thomas berend in the 2nd round of a challenger in reunion island...he's got a pretty good game!

stephB
01-09-2004, 07:42 PM
tomas behrend is a nice guy too :)

Gosjke
01-09-2004, 09:14 PM
@ StephB: Yes I was at the Rosmalen tournament last year :)

stephB
01-09-2004, 10:18 PM
funny how many people are here in the forum whoīve been at that tournament :)

Kezzi
01-11-2004, 03:56 PM
I have been there too...Together with Gosjke :)

Snoopy_Girl
01-11-2004, 07:04 PM
I have been to the Rosmalen tournament too. It's one of the best places to go if you wanna see the players practicing and stuff. And I like that it is a smaller tournament with a good atmosphere and they still have some pretty big names in the main draw every year :cool:
Anybody has any idea if Fred (back on topic ;) ) is playing this week? Or is he preparing for Oz Open qualies?

Gosjke
01-11-2004, 11:03 PM
I think that Fred will play the qualies for the Aussie Open. At least, I hope so... Who knows, he might be able to qualify! :worship: There isn't much else he can do if he wants to play matches, since there aren't any challengers the next two weeks according to the official ATP site.

Kezzi
01-12-2004, 08:13 PM
:) Fred has qualified himself for the Heineken Open!! :)
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Gosjke
01-12-2004, 08:22 PM
I just saw that he qualified yeah, he even defeated Pavel in the process! Quite impressive. He's playing Soderling tomorrow in the late afternoon!
Goooo Fred !!!

:worship: :rocker2: :woohoo: :rocker2: :worship:

Snoopy_Girl
01-13-2004, 12:06 PM
Wow! Did you all see it? Hemmes beat Soderling in the first round. Tomorrow he has to play Vince Spadea. I'm very curious how that will end! Don't you think he's doing himself a huge favour by doing so well at the start of the year, with the rankings starting from zero?

Hope he wins another match, a quarterfinal in an ATP event is a good way to start the year and build up your confidence.

Go fred! :worship: :bounce:

CooCooCachoo
01-14-2004, 08:51 AM
Wow Fred is doing really well. Even though I don't really like him (I saw him against Siemerink in Scheveningen a few years ago. Siemerink was about to retire, but Fred played horribly!), he is still improving and that is a good thing. Great job on beating both Pavel and Söderling! Tom Nijssen, his coach, said that it was his best match ever against Söderling!

BTW I agree Snoopy, Rosmalen is a great tournament to see some practising. This possibility is way too limited in Rotterdam and Amersfoort.

CooCooCachoo
01-14-2004, 12:07 PM
By the way.. The qualifying draw for the Australian Open is out! I think Fred has got a good shot at qualifying. First round against Juan Pablo Guzman (Argentina), then Robert Smeets (Oz) or 22nd seed Daniel Elsner from Germany. That seems easy, I'd say. Giovanni Lapentti will be his biggest threat! What do you think?

Gosjke
01-14-2004, 08:03 PM
I guess Freds second round match was not his best ever, hehe, losing 6-2 6-1 to Spadea... that probably wasn't a pretty (hehe) match by Fred. But it has a good side too, like CooCooCachoo said, Fred is now able to play the Aussie Open qualies, and has a good chance to beat some people there. That is of course, if yesterdays match isn't in his head anymore and Giovanni Lapentti is not on the roll yet.
:tennis:
I wish him good luck anyway. Who knows: 2004 might be Fred's year! :rolleyes:

Kezzi
01-15-2004, 02:44 PM
Who knows: 2004 might be Fred's year
I really hope it is! :)
Anyway, he got to the second round of the aussie open quali's...
:woohoo:

CooCooCachoo
01-15-2004, 05:08 PM
Well.. if this isn't his year, it is going to be harder and harder to break through. So I hope he'll do well, as well :) :D

Gosjke
01-15-2004, 10:16 PM
He beat Guzman in the first round of the qualies... 8-6 in the third, so a tough one...
Next up is Elsner, the German number 22 seed. Fortunately, Lapentti is out already.. pfew!
And I agree with you CooCooCachoo, it's gonna get harder and harder for him to reach his top ranking!
I wish him good luck anyway! Go Fred! :worship:

CooCooCachoo
01-16-2004, 06:37 AM
Yepppppp Giovanni is out! That means that he SHOULD be able to qualify now. That would be a major accomplishment for him! Elsner should not be a problem. I have seen him play and it really is nothing special. He can play soccer, though ;) In fact, Daniel Elsner really hasn't been moving up the rankings at all, in contrast with Fred, who is doing very well lately.

CooCooCachoo
01-16-2004, 10:48 AM
OK Fred won his match against Daniel Elsner (#22 seed). Elsner had to retire at the score of 6-3 3-0 down. That means that Fred didn't have to use a lot of energy.

His opponent in the third and final round of the qualification tournament is Michal Tabara from The Czech Republic. Lately he has basically only played Challengers. He has down reasonably, but so has Fred. Tabara won the Chennai tournament in India though, in 2001, after having beaten Pless, Pioline, Stoliarov, Gonzalez and Kempes (not in that order). Other players he has defeated, include Andrea Gaudenzi, Radek Stepanek, Yevgeny Kafelnikov, David Sanchez and Guillermo Caņas.

In the first round of the qualifying tournament, Tabara defeated Cristian Kordasz from Argentina, 6-3 6-4. Guillermo Garcia Lopez from Spain in the second round, with a score of 7-5 6-1. Garcia Lopez had beaten Giovanni Lapentti one round earlier. No big names though, so I am quite optimistic!

BTW: Fred and Michal haven't played against each other yet.

Kezzi
01-16-2004, 02:20 PM
I think Fred has a good chance to get into the main draw, I only hope he doesn't have to play against Sjeng then...
I wish him all the luck in the world and I really believe this could be his year!!! :worship:

CooCooCachoo
01-16-2004, 05:55 PM
What he needs Kezzi, in my opinion, is actually a showdown against a seeded player, so that he'll be broadcast on tv and show what he is worth. Hopefully he'll win a few rounds first, but either way, he'll have a shot at playing against someone like Schalken. If he defeats Tabara, a nice player too, that is...

Gosjke
01-16-2004, 10:42 PM
Wow, CooCooCachoo, you are very into this aren't you? ;) You know a lot about Freds next opponent. Did you know that on top of your head or was there any research involved? :p
I agree with you that it would be good for Fred to play a seed, cuz of the fact that he can show the world what he can.. Then again: he choked in his first challenger final, imagine what could happen at a televised event of a grand slam on a show court playing against a seed! Sure he has to get used to that someday, if he ever wants to be REALLY good (or as good as his talent will allow him)... Well, I don't know...
But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Still one more match to go and reading CooCooCachoo's info this is not an opponent to take lightly, so we'll see.

I wish Fred good luck once again! Go Fred! :rocker: You can do it! :worship: :)

carshie
01-17-2004, 10:28 AM
Bad news for us...Fred didn't make it. That Tabara guy must have been pretty good 'cause Fred lost to him pretty badly 6-3 6-0. :sad: That's too bad, I was hoping he could play a first round at a grand slam...it would improve his ranking too! I wonder what he'll do the next two weeks? Wel...just better luck next time i guess... :wavey:

CooCooCachoo
01-17-2004, 06:12 PM
Wow, CooCooCachoo, you are very into this aren't you? You know a lot about Freds next opponent. Did you know that on top of your head or was there any research involved?

Haha, research of course!! Well I knew he had won the tourney of Chennai and I could vaguely remember him beating Stoliarov in that match, but that was about it :)

Well I am not really sad that Fred lost, since I actually like Tabara :) Maybe he'll play in the quali's of Rotterdam! That would be nice :)

Tabara has been seriously out of shape, but hopefully this is his way back!

For Fred.. well it will become harder and harder, but it is still worth fighting for, I guess..

BTW Gojske, Fred does seem to be a huge choker. I can't remember him winning an important match, other than his first win in a first round of an ATP tourney.. He always chokes!

Gosjke
01-18-2004, 05:54 PM
It's actually sad that I could be right about that :sad: . Of course I don't really know Fred and I didn't actually see him play those matches (where he choked) but if it's true then he really really needs to work on it.
In some article it said that Martin Verkerk might not play the AO, which means (technically spoken) that Fred could still enter as a lucky loser (that's very wishful thinking I know... :angel: ) and then maybe prove that he can play big matches without choking?? :rolleyes:

Kezzi
01-23-2004, 07:23 PM
Maybe he can start with proving that in his own country, I hope he plays good in Rotterdam :)

Snoopy_Girl
01-24-2004, 11:48 PM
Me too, me too, since I'll probably be going ;), But he will have to qualify I think, cuz the wildcards that were meant for the 'local heroes" are already taken... :(

Kezzi
01-25-2004, 05:42 PM
There's is one wildcard left... :rolleyes:
I already have a ticket for tuesday :banana: and if Fred plays quali's I want to go look there too :) .

Snoopy_Girl
01-25-2004, 08:13 PM
Haha, yeah, one wild card left, but I think that they are gonna give it to someone who's ranking is not good enough to enter the main draw but who has had a good Aussie summer, they have a habit of doing that... :( ..
So I think Fred will have to play the quallies, if he plays at all! :rolleyes:

Kezzi
01-26-2004, 05:14 PM
Fred had a pretty good Aussie summer :rolleyes: :lol: , but unfortunately I think you're right...they won't give them all to the Dutch :tears: .
I hope he plays, I really want to see him again and have a new pic of us, one where he looks happy :p !

Kezzi
04-13-2004, 09:29 PM
New pic with a happy Fred failed, but I think he's happy now. He just defeated the third seed in an Italian Challenger! Yeah!

Flokkr
04-14-2004, 07:53 AM
I see you like Jarkko Nieminen, Kezzi!! Nice choice :crazy:
I saw him in Rotterdam this year, he's soooo cute!! He defeated Martin Verkerk (not that much fun) but Jarkko showed some great tennis!
:woohoo:

Kezzi
07-05-2004, 08:36 PM
Yeah, Jarkko was the first player I ever saw in real life...by just walking out of the girl's toilet in Rotterdam. He was really nice to us, it was a very nice moment.

Snoopy_Girl
07-26-2004, 11:19 AM
*BUMP*

Seemed like a good idea to bump this a bit, after Fred's doubles win in Hilversum!Maybe he should consider a doubles career :lol: Or was it just Melle that did all the work? ;)

Anybody know what he's up to the next few weeks? Is he gonna play US Open qualies? I vaguely remember him doing so last year, right? :rolleyes:

Kezzi
07-26-2004, 02:40 PM
Or was it just Melle that did all the work?
No, I saw two of their matches and Fred was really good. In singles it's a different story. Maybe he feels a bit insecure when he's all alone on that big court :p .
Anybody know what he's up to the next few weeks? Is he gonna play US Open qualies? I vaguely remember him doing so last year, right
Just watch the website ;) . In Hilversum we heard the coach say a bit of his schedule to Jesse Huta Galung. He's in germany for two weeks to play competition, after that it's hardcourt in the US and then US Open qualies.

Snoopy_Girl
07-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the info! Hope he makes it into the US Open main draw for once :o. Love your website btw.. Looked at it before (you probably know who made me check it out ;)), but I'm gonna have a better look now. Looooooove those new pictures :hearts:... Damn, is this guy getting hotter by the day? :p I like him even more in real life, although I've never seen him smile as much as on your pictures. Who took the Amersfoort and Hilversum ones? Did you take them yourself?

CooCooCachoo
07-27-2004, 09:04 AM
Yeah, it's a really nice website, Kezzi :yeah: So Eliane and Margo do a great job :D

Gosjke
07-27-2004, 01:18 PM
Thanks CooCooCachoo and Snoopy_Girl :D

Kezzi
07-27-2004, 09:51 PM
Thank you!!
And no, the pics from Hilversum and Amersfoort belong to Dutchie :P . But our own pics of Hilversum are on the way.
I like him even more in real life, although I've never seen him smile
I saw him smile at us for the first time in Hilversum, the other two times(Rosmalen 03 & Rotterdam qualies) he just gave us a really creapy look. Understandable, because he lost, but still not very nice :p .
In Hilversum I had a little chat with him, while we were both waiting to get on the centre court :D :bounce: :banana:. It was very nice, but i had the idea we both didn't know what to say :p . Gosjke said the smile couldn't be kicked of my face when we came in and he said 'Hi' when we walked by :) .
It was a really great day(=Tuesday, I went another time on Thursday :P) and tennis is good for socializing too, we've met Dutchie :) .

CooCooCachoo
07-28-2004, 07:47 AM
Hehe I reckon we should all have a large MTF Holland meeting at Rotterdam or something next year :p

Snoopy_Girl
07-28-2004, 09:31 AM
Hahaha.. that would be pretty hilarious! ;) I don't think it would work out though, with everyone going on different days, cuz of the players that are playing or cuz of school and work :(. Still, the idea seems funny. You don't even wanna know the pictures that pop into my head now :haha:

CooCooCachoo
07-28-2004, 11:08 AM
The image of me hitting wokkeltje on the head with a Michaëlla Krajicek picture, I bet :p

BTW Kezzi and Gojske.. Did you go to Rosmalen this year? There were two twins there who seemed to go like everyday..

Kezzi
07-28-2004, 04:21 PM
BTW Kezzi and Gojske.. Did you go to Rosmalen this year? There were two twins there who seemed to go like everyday..

Kezzi is right, but Gosjke isn't my twinsis :P . Catchie is my twinsis(she started the Nenad thread) and yes we were there everyday :D . We stayed at a hotel, unfortunately not the player's hotel :P . This year was the only year we could go all week, because of school.
Gosjke is a friend and she helps me with the website. My sis helps sometimes too, by stealing a mag from school which had an article about Fred :haha: . Between classes she came running to me saying: I've found a Fred article! I've found a Fred article!. Really funny, everyone looked like: :confused: .
How many times did you go too Rosmalen, CooCoo? And where did you see us, maybe I can remember you :) .

Catchie
07-29-2004, 11:37 AM
I liked rosmalen :)

Dutchie
07-29-2004, 08:39 PM
I saw him smile at us for the first time in Hilversum
:D Ah, i must admit, he's a cutey!

Gosjke said the smile couldn't be kicked of my face when we came in and he said 'Hi' when we walked by :) .
So true ;)

It was a really great day(=Tuesday, I went another time on Thursday :P) and tennis is good for socializing too, we've met Dutchie :) .
So nice to meet you! I am sure i'll see you around at another tournement someday. :)
Yeah, tuesday was the best day for me aswell, apart from the rain though... :rolleyes: (but in the end it was a good thing for us. haha)

Dutchie
07-29-2004, 08:40 PM
Looooooove those new pictures :hearts:...

Thanks ;)

Dutchie
07-29-2004, 08:42 PM
Hehe I reckon we should all have a large MTF Holland meeting at Rotterdam or something next year :p

That would be so funny! :D

Snoopy_Girl
07-29-2004, 09:29 PM
Thanks ;)
You're welcome.. you need to teach me how to make such great close-up pictures of a moving person! :drool: Like he posed for you or something.. damn, those Hilversum pics are great :D :o

hemagirl
07-30-2004, 12:05 PM
so i was back. I wasn't here for a long time ago. busy busy. We were in Amersfoort en Fred was insite the cafe with to people of the sportweek. We talked to him and he said that he was very poor :). He has read a sms of me. I asked my friend of she knows of Fred hemmes had win. And at that time he stand next to here, hahahaha. He is very kind. In Hilversum i saw him again and we spoke to each other. Another guy who is very friendly is Jesse Hutagalung. He is now playing a tournament in Spain. Next week to and the week after he is playing in Holland.

hemagirl
07-30-2004, 05:22 PM
Fred hemmes won his game today in 3 sets!

Snoopy_Girl
07-30-2004, 07:58 PM
Yeah... nice to know he's winning when there are no atp points at stake :p

Dutchie
07-30-2004, 08:14 PM
Grin :p
Don't get all nasty now, ;)

It'll be good for his selfesteem :)
It'd be nice if he'd play good at the US open quali's!

By the way - i have no clue where he is playing at the moment. :o
Is it in Germany?

Dutchie
07-30-2004, 08:21 PM
damn, those Hilversum pics are great :D :o

But i wish i had made more though!

Snoopy_Girl
07-30-2004, 08:38 PM
It'd be nice if he'd play good at the US open quali's!

By the way - i have no clue where he is playing at the moment. :o
Is it in Germany?
Yeah he is in Germany, playing in the tennis league. Like Hilverheide, only in Germany. He's playing for Blau-Weiss Neuss... but the team is losing big time :o Fred lost his doubles btw.. hmz.. there goes the whole conficence theory :p

And I bet he's gonna try and give it his all at the US Open qualies, but I bet he isn't gonna make it and that's not cuz I don't want him to make it,but because Fred always seems to freeze up when a match really has any importance.. This years Aussie Open.. 2 good quali-rounds.. third and final qualie round, he lost, and if I recall it correctly even one set with a bagel. It's frustrating really! Maybe he's just trying too hard? If there is such a thing :rolleyes:

Kezzi
07-31-2004, 12:40 PM
This years Aussie Open.. 2 good quali-rounds.. third and final qualie round, he lost, and if I recall it correctly even one set with a bagel. It's frustrating really! Maybe he's just trying too hard? If there is such a thing
I think he wants to get into that first round soo bad, that he gets all nervous and makes a big deal out of it. Even when he's up against a player he could easily defeat.
And we all know he can do it, he proved that in Auckland. In my opinion that's the most frustrating. You know he can get there, but it seems like he's too insecure to do it.

Dutchie
07-31-2004, 07:17 PM
Well, you know what they always say - first matches in tournements are the hardest mentally.

I can't wait to find out how it'll work out for him, would be fab if he could get to the maindraw! :)

Snoopy_Girl
07-31-2004, 08:33 PM
That would be awesome. I would sit in front of my tv with big "Go Fred" banners in my livingroom, even if they weren't airing his match.. :) :p But honestly, mentally he needs to push the right button in his mind, to stay focused and still calm, to know that something's important without making it bigger than it is... I don't know if all this is really the problem or if there is something else that's keeping him down. I would love to hear that from Fred himself one day, but hey, with the evil look he possesses, I'm not gonna ask him why he sucks sometimes! ;)

Dutchie
07-31-2004, 08:41 PM
Yeah, it'll be like, Fred, hi, do you have a minute?
Why do you suck? :haha:
I'm sure he'll be sweeter then ever before towards you :p

I'm sure he'll love you for it.

Snoopy_Girl
07-31-2004, 09:58 PM
Yeah.. and it'll be such a confidence booster :lol: I should do it right before his match, like: "Hey Fred.. I have a question: You know you suck, right? But why?" :haha: No I wouldn't do that, ... that would be harsh, cuz he doesn't suck AT ALL. But I would love to know what goes on in his head when he's on the court or preparing for a "big" match... Maybe I should go for a career as a sports psychiatrist ;)

Dutchie
08-01-2004, 10:24 AM
Or even better - personal psychiatrist :lol:

I couldn't do what the players do though, i can imgaine it being really really hard, everybody watching you, making comments, expecting you to win, it must be really difficult!

Kezzi
08-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Lots of players say it's harder to watch than to play. On one side, I think that's true, because watching someone lose and knowing there's nothing you can do about it, must be really hard for coach/friends/family/spectators. But that brings the other side of the story.... the player himself is under a lot of pressure, because everyone wants their favourite to win.
Well, I think we can all talk about what we think it is, but we'll never know exactly, untill they tell us what they feel when they get on the court.
Like the other people here, I would love to know what's going on in his head before a big match :rolleyes: .

Dutchie
08-01-2004, 07:17 PM
Maybe we shouldn't be "scared" and just ask him :p

Snoopy_Girl
08-01-2004, 08:05 PM
Still I don't think he would appreciate..

Dutchie
08-01-2004, 08:26 PM
Well, if you would have a really deep conversation you can just say "what are you thinking during the match"
But then again...try to get a deep conversation, right? :angel:

(kezzi has to learn us how we can be in the right place at the right time! ;) )

Haha, okay, swiftly moving on to mature posts... :p

Snoopy_Girl
08-01-2004, 10:01 PM
Yeah, Kezzi just bumped into him or what? Like he just happened to be where she was? Damn.. I need to go to challengers more often. Wouldn't mind bumping into him.. hmzz.. but I couldn't tell you for sure if I would let go too :devil: . One of us should try to talk to him.. lead him into a deep discussion and then we share the secret of what goes on inside a tennisplayers head :o That would be faster than waiting for me to get my shrink license :p.

BTW.. to stay on topic just a bit. Read somewhere that Fred won another singles match in German tennis league, but he lost his doubles match (seems like the other way round to what he does in Holland huh? ;) and the team lost the whole meeting too, I thought...:( )

Kezzi
08-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Yeah, Kezzi just bumped into him or what? Like he just happened to be where she was?
Yeah, I walked around the trainingcourts to see if he was training and when I was waiting to get on the centre court again, he just came walking around the corner and started to talk. I was really surprised, because I didn't expect him to know who I am, but there's a pic of me on the website :P .
It was a really cool bump :P .

Snoopy_Girl
08-02-2004, 09:39 PM
Next time, bump into him for the both of us :p and don't let go too fast :devil:

Dutchie
08-04-2004, 07:12 PM
You are starting to sound like a atalker....:p

Snoopy_Girl
08-04-2004, 09:10 PM
I might be sounding like one, but I'm not a real stalker. :p I'm too shy to walk up to him and really say anything usefull... let alone grab onto him and refusing to let go ;). I'm always like: hey.. they don't look like they really want someone asking them for autographs or pics right now :o
But admit it, if you would happen to bump into a guy like that, you wouldn't mind holding on for a few seconds ;) :angel:

Dutchie
08-05-2004, 07:33 PM
:)

Snoopy_Girl
08-05-2004, 08:26 PM
That ":)" means you soooo would do that ;) :p

Dutchie
08-05-2004, 08:37 PM
:angel:

Snoopy_Girl
08-05-2004, 09:48 PM
:angel: means pretty much the same.. you would jump his bones, you just refuse to admit it :p How else did you manage to take those pics? You probably made him a "deal" :devil:

Kezzi
08-07-2004, 07:31 PM
I could hold on to him untill the time we could enter the centre court, that was like 2 minutes maximum :p (I'm sorry, didn't have a stopwatch with me ;) ) . Next time I hope the players on court start a rally that goes on for days :angel: .

Snoopy_Girl
08-07-2004, 11:34 PM
For days? LOL :lol: then you'd better pay them for that ;). And I may hope you didn't physically "hold" him there :p

Dutchie
08-08-2004, 09:47 AM
You go Kezzi! :worship:

Dutchie
08-08-2004, 10:57 AM
By the way Kezzi, when will Fred play in holland again? I don't think before the challenger in Groningen, i can't think of anything before that where he could play...
But Groningen and LSI masters are on it's way (okay, a few months...) so that's something to look forward to! :)

Dutchie
08-08-2004, 11:10 AM
http://www.cyberimage.nl/th1.php?a=0371484001059492048_138.jpg

Kezzi
08-08-2004, 06:54 PM
And I may hope you didn't physically "hold" him there
Don't worry Snoopy_Girl, we were talking with 2 metres between us , maybe Fred was scared to actually talk to a hyperactive fan :p .

And for Dutchie, I don't know when he's back in Holland again, but it will be after the US Open qualies. He's in the US to prepare for the qualies and what he's doing after that is a big mystery to me. If I didn't scare him too much in Hilversum he might be thinking of coming back to Holland :p .
Really funny pic you've found, look at his face, haha :) .

SuperFurryAnimal
08-10-2004, 02:23 PM
Wow... I have to admit. Fred is very cute! :hearts:

Snoopy_Girl
08-10-2004, 03:56 PM
You have good taste in men then :lick:

SuperFurryAnimal
08-11-2004, 11:17 AM
Dank je wel! :rolleyes:

Dutchie
08-11-2004, 07:43 PM
Als je zegt dat je Fred leuk vind heb je hier gelijk en heleboel nieuwe vriendjes :p

Snoopy_Girl
08-11-2004, 09:29 PM
Gaan we hier nou ook al nederland praten :p?

Wat moeten al Fred's buitenlandse fans dan? :lol: Dalijk snappen ze het nie meer :cool:

Kezzi
08-11-2004, 11:17 PM
Fred does have foreign fans. The visitors on my site are from many different countries :D . People from Italy, France, Japan and a lot more, so I think they would appreciate it, if we continue speaking English here :) .

SuperFurryAnimal
08-12-2004, 09:17 AM
you right, we should keep it in English. but anyway, I really like Fred and hope he can reach the top 100 one day. the only way is up, Fred!

Snoopy_Girl
08-12-2004, 06:06 PM
His game is way up there, just that his mind has to know that he can be up there :)

Kezzi
08-12-2004, 06:08 PM
Well, his mind is starting to realize that :lol: . He's reached the second round in Austria by defeating the number 4 seed and hopefully he's going to defeat the 3rd seed too and we'll see him in the quarterfinals :) .

Dutchie
08-12-2004, 06:12 PM
Gaan we hier nou ook al nederland praten :p?

Wat moeten al Fred's buitenlandse fans dan? :lol: Dalijk snappen ze het nie meer :cool:

Sorry...i just forgot where i was - it's so confusing -then english, then dutch... :scratch:

:p

-wokkel-
08-12-2004, 06:12 PM
Fred in the SF!! Well done Freddi!

Dutchie
08-12-2004, 06:23 PM
:bigclap:

Kezzi
08-12-2004, 06:29 PM
No, don't cheer so early! I said he's hopefully going to defeat the number 3 seed and then he's in the quarterfinals, I didn't see any results yet. Sorry if I made things unclear, my english isn't perfect :o .

Edit: Sorry, he's in the semifinal. I saw the results after I posted :rolleyes: .

Dutchie
08-12-2004, 06:56 PM
I read on the other site that he is the the semi's!
So i think he won...:)

Kezzi
08-12-2004, 07:25 PM
Yeah, I know. I didn't look on the right website for the results. Atptennis.com was faster than the others, normally that's not the case :p .
:woohoo: Good luck Fred! :woohoo:

Snoopy_Girl
08-12-2004, 08:18 PM
Woohoo, no mind troubles this week! Keep it going Fred!
:worship: :bounce: :woohoo: :bowdown: :dance:

Take it all the waaaaaaay now! :)

And look at this thread, it's more active than Sjeng's and Martin's :cool:

Dutchie
08-12-2004, 08:38 PM
How cool is that! :tennis:
Good luck in the next rounds!
:)

hemagirl
08-13-2004, 08:19 AM
you can look for the results on the teletekst. They are very very quick. But today you can look to him on the site van Graz. They have livestreams/video. He is the second play after 10.uur

hemagirl
08-13-2004, 08:25 AM
trouwens... praten met Fred is helemaal niet zo moeilijk . Je moet je gewoon laten steken door een wesp :P. Bij de dutch open was tie ook nog sportweeks aant verkopen. Toen zat tie gewoon binnen in het restaurant. Errug leuk.

hemagirl
08-13-2004, 08:25 AM
oh im sorry for talking in dutch.

hemagirl
08-13-2004, 08:34 AM
here are some foto''s

Snoopy_Girl
08-13-2004, 10:21 AM
Nobody said it was hard to talk to Fred under normal circumstances.. It's just that when he loses and he knows you were cheering for him (or he knows you are there especially for him, so I've heard) that he has a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery evil look, that makes you mostly wanna run away and hide, instead of say something like: "Hi" :lol:. When he doesn't lose, or hasn't just been on court, he could just as well be your neighbour, he seems to be a very easygoing, talkative guy, away from tennis :).

hemagirl
08-13-2004, 11:47 AM
Oh. I never heard that. But it can be. But i don't go especcialy for him, because people are going to think that they are very popular. haha

hemagirl
08-13-2004, 01:08 PM
Now im looking to Fred hemmes. The first set he lost 6-0 second set 5-4. Fred was broken, but he rebreak.

Snoopy_Girl
08-13-2004, 01:14 PM
He lost :bigcry:. Too bad... I really thought he could turn it around when he broke Minar in the last set! What is up with that first serve btw? It's like.. non-existent :(

Kezzi
08-13-2004, 04:20 PM
Oh. I never heard that. But it can be. But i don't go especcialy for him, because people are going to think that they are very popular. haha
Uhhh, how many times did you see him??? :rolleyes: His evil look is very famous :p .
trouwens... praten met Fred is helemaal niet zo moeilijk . Je moet je gewoon laten steken door een wesp :P. Bij de dutch open was tie ook nog sportweeks aant verkopen. Toen zat tie gewoon binnen in het restaurant. Errug leuk.
It looks like that he knows that guy who sells sportweek. That guy was also in Rotterdam and Hilversum and in Hilversum I saw Fred talking to him.
Why would he talk to you if you got stung by an insect, he doesn't help the first aid as far as I know :p .

hemagirl
08-13-2004, 06:07 PM
hahaha I was going to the informationpoint and they send me to the fysio. He lies on the bank and i think he was waiting for a massage.the fysio has taken a stick and Fred said that i got a (huh? wat is spuit ook alweer int engels) oh ben zo slecht in engels he. Yes, vincent is the name of the guy of the sportweek. I know him. I met him also in R'dam. I had taken a photo of him and his friend with goran. I have seen Fred many times.

Kezzi
08-14-2004, 01:55 PM
I've luckily never been stung by a wasp and I really want to keep it that way, but in your case there was a bright side to it :p .

P.s. Can I use your pictures on my website? I think you've seen it, otherwise you can click on the link in my sig. Ofcourse I will give you full credit.

hemagirl
08-14-2004, 05:31 PM
You can use the pictures! I think i know who you are ;) because, i've send you an email (dianne). I know Brenda too. i was with her in Hilversum. I have more pictures of him and i can send these pictures to your meel. Okey?

Kezzi
08-14-2004, 05:34 PM
Yeah, that would be really nice! :)

Dutchie
08-15-2004, 04:52 PM
Hey, je had toch helemaal geen toestel mee in amersfoort?

(sorry it's in dutch)

Snoopy_Girl
08-15-2004, 09:01 PM
LOL... :lol: Now that would be funny! Making pics without a camera.. I want that gift too! ;)

hemagirl
08-16-2004, 07:27 AM
Ik niet, maar Mees wel :D en die foto's heb ik al!! haha

Dutchie
08-16-2004, 02:56 PM
Is she okay with you putting her photo's on?

I think Mees made a lot in Amersfoort, didn't she! She was lucky she could empty her memory card in the house!

Dutchie
08-16-2004, 03:42 PM
LOL... :lol: Now that would be funny! Making pics without a camera.. I want that gift too! ;)

That you could capture whatever you see and wantto re-live again! Would be nice :)

Snoopy_Girl
08-16-2004, 04:05 PM
Oh yeah! :devil: ;)

Kezzi
08-16-2004, 05:08 PM
I think Mees made a lot in Amersfoort, didn't she!
So, could you ask her if I can put these pictures on my website? I don't want a fight with anyone for using pics I didn't ask for :) .

Dutchie
08-16-2004, 05:54 PM
Oh yeah! :devil: ;)

and we don't even want to know what you mean with those.....

Snoopy_Girl
08-16-2004, 05:55 PM
Why not? :angel:.. Sjeez, dirty-minded people around here :p

hemagirl
08-17-2004, 09:38 AM
Oh i think that it is good. I will ask her. I will call her today.

hemagirl
08-17-2004, 06:39 PM
I have called Mees and she said that you can use the foto's. Can you use these foto's? or shall i send you the photo's by email?

Dutchie
08-17-2004, 06:44 PM
Good thing you asked her, i know i wouldn't be happy with someone placing my photo's on as if they were her's.

Snoopy_Girl
08-17-2004, 06:49 PM
Haha.. yeah.. but now everything is good and we can all be happy :p

Dutchie
08-17-2004, 06:52 PM
Oh, shut up :haha:

What mood are you in today! :lol:

Snoopy_Girl
08-17-2004, 06:58 PM
I'm in a happy mood.. but the lame kind.. and no I won't shut up :tape: :nerner: ... Let me annoy the crap out of everyone :bounce: (btw, I don't think I'm that annoying :o)

Dutchie
08-17-2004, 07:01 PM
:angel:
You forgot to add this one....:p

Okay, but we are way off topic!

Snoopy_Girl
08-17-2004, 07:32 PM
:topic: back to fred :p (<-- there it is! :bounce: )

Kezzi
08-18-2004, 09:56 PM
I have called Mees and she said that you can use the foto's. Can you use these foto's? or shall i send you the photo's by email?
Thanks for asking! Is it too much trouble too send them by email?

Kezzi
08-18-2004, 09:59 PM
Well, back to Fred isn't going to work this week. We couldn't find him in any draw, so listening to what his coach says about his schedule to other players isn't the solution either to know where Fred is going to play the next week :p . We'll just cheer for him in the US Open qualies :D .

Dutchie
08-19-2004, 05:32 PM
I'm really looking forward seeing tonz of tennis on telly again :)

hemagirl
08-19-2004, 05:51 PM
Okey, i will send you photo's. It is good that i do it tomorrow?

Dutchie
08-19-2004, 06:07 PM
No :nerner:

:lol: ;) :p

Dutchie
08-19-2004, 06:27 PM
(you know i'm just joking, right!)

Kezzi, plz check your mail - finally managed what i promised - but i had a slight problem :p (see email)

Ah, me and computers, it'll never work! ;)

Kezzi
08-19-2004, 08:08 PM
Never mind, I have troubles with the computer too... I didn't manage what I promised yet, but hardly anyone knows, so I have time :p .
Please don't ask, it's a surprise for all you Fred fans out there :D . (Well...if I can get it to work properly :p )

Catchie
08-22-2004, 02:34 PM
Hey sis! don't you think you should announce your surprise by now? :P

hemagirl
08-22-2004, 04:52 PM
what suprise????? ;)

hemagirl
08-23-2004, 02:09 PM
The site is very nice!!!! Congratulations!!

stephB
08-23-2004, 11:14 PM
iīve been at the german bundesliga. and i saw fred. he won his single match but unfortunately he lost in doubles :( but his club won :) i made a picture of him and some other players of his club.

Snoopy_Girl
08-24-2004, 11:39 AM
Lovely pic Steph! Thanks so much :)... he's looking good as always... I have the feeling Kezzi might wanna use this on her site... ;)

Catchie
08-24-2004, 02:53 PM
i think she defenitely wil use it on her site, if it's ok with you steph... she always ask permittion before using pics from other people but she's not home at the moment...she has an introduction at her school this week and she comes back on saturday...

Catchie
08-24-2004, 02:55 PM
btw did she tell you all the surprise? if not visit her website... the url is in her sig...

stephB
08-24-2004, 04:06 PM
nice that you like it :) iīm angry with myself that i didnt take more pictures....
well hope kezzi will ask me :)

Catchie
08-24-2004, 05:24 PM
i'm kezzi twin sis :) but i will let her ask you herself :p

(this is my 50th post yeah! :D )

Snoopy_Girl
08-24-2004, 05:49 PM
Fred has to play Murray from Great Brittain today.. At 11 AM New York time :) *Good Luck to Fred* :bounce:

hemagirl
08-24-2004, 06:27 PM
yeah Fred won his match 64 62

Snoopy_Girl
08-24-2004, 09:02 PM
I know.. but now he's up against third seed Potito Starace from Italy.. I'm not gonna say/typ it out loud.. but I fear... :tape: :(

Well, what the hell, who cares, it's about time for Fred's breakthrough.. C'mon Fred!!! :bounce: :dance:

stephB
08-24-2004, 10:29 PM
oh, potito is his rear gunner. and possible a good friend so far. itīs always hard to play against a friend. i hate it!!!

Snoopy_Girl
08-25-2004, 12:01 AM
Exactly, they play together at BW Neuss and seem to get along great... I still remember what happened last time Fred played a good friend.. Challenger final against Wessels, devastating straight set loss... :rolleyes:.. won't say anything more, might jinx Fred's game :tape:

I hate these time differences, now I have no idea when he has to play next because the new order of play isn't out yet :(...

Still I'm gonna stick to my previous point: Fred, don't be a headcase, get the idea that Potito is your friend out of your head for a few hours and just crush him! :devil: :bounce: ;)

Dutchie
08-25-2004, 12:04 PM
Never mind, I have troubles with the computer too... I didn't manage what I promised yet, but hardly anyone knows, so I have time :p .

It turned out really great - love it!
:bigclap:
---see email---

stephB
08-25-2004, 01:38 PM
Exactly, they play together at BW Neuss and seem to get along great... I still remember what happened last time Fred played a good friend.. Challenger final against Wessels, devastating straight set loss... :rolleyes:.. won't say anything more, might jinx Fred's game :tape:

I hate these time differences, now I have no idea when he has to play next because the new order of play isn't out yet :(...

Still I'm gonna stick to my previous point: Fred, don't be a headcase, get the idea that Potito is your friend out of your head for a few hours and just crush him! :devil: :bounce: ;)

so they didnt play??

Snoopy_Girl
08-25-2004, 07:49 PM
Nope.. they don't have to play today.. so tomorrow will be the day I guess :rolleyes:

stephB
08-25-2004, 10:15 PM
oh, ok. would have no idea who i want to win. think i like both. itīs a match i wouldnt like i think.......

Snoopy_Girl
08-25-2004, 10:31 PM
It's just unfair :sad:

stephB
08-25-2004, 10:46 PM
that they have to play eachother?

Snoopy_Girl
08-26-2004, 11:00 AM
It's unfair that Fred always draws a high seeded or a totally in-form lower ranked player... Now he has both in one and the same match. Also he seems to know Potito well, and that probably doesn't make it easier for him either. I really want him to qualify for a ATP tournament again :)

Anyway, they play the second match on court 4 (the biggest qualifying court) after a womens qualifying match that starts at 11 AM local time...
So in Dutch time Fred should be on at about euhm 7 or 8 PM, right? I'll be watching the livescoring ;)

Dutchie
08-26-2004, 06:08 PM
He's not playing yet.

The live scoring is a bit annoying - isn't it! It won't refreh the page by itself.

Kristof is playing and he's winning :bigclap:

Snoopy_Girl
08-26-2004, 06:17 PM
He's not playing yet.

The live scoring is a bit annoying - isn't it! It won't refreh the page by itself.

Kristof is playing and he's winning :bigclap:And the other pop-up IBM scoreboard? Also not working, cuz that should be a point by point one, but better working ;)

Catchie
08-26-2004, 06:21 PM
weird, my live scoring does refresh the page by itself... and the point by point one also...

Dutchie
08-26-2004, 06:23 PM
Oh, i hadn't noticed that one yet :cuckoo:

Java is required - we don't have that in our computer...so it's not working :shout:

Dutchie
08-26-2004, 06:23 PM
weird, my live scoring does refresh the page by itself...

Well, mine doesn't and it sucks!
Is it the pop up you get or the full page?

Snoopy_Girl
08-26-2004, 06:26 PM
pop up keeps making my computer crash now :mad:

Dutchie
08-26-2004, 06:28 PM
Oh, mine too!!!!
I've had to re-start it just now and it does really weird.

Snoopy_Girl
08-26-2004, 06:31 PM
Fred's leading! Good.. now hope he can keep this up.. Advantage for him could be that he knows how Potito plays :)

Gooooooooooooo Fredje! :bounce:

How many rounds is this qualifying tournament? 3 or 4?

Dutchie
08-26-2004, 06:34 PM
I have no idea - it's six days, so probably 3 rounds?

Catchie
08-26-2004, 06:36 PM
pop up works perfectly here... :S

Dutchie
08-26-2004, 06:38 PM
So unfair :p

Dutchie
08-26-2004, 06:41 PM
Ik ben nu Java aan het installeren, hopelijk werkt het dan ook want ik snap daar nooit wat van :)

Snoopy_Girl
08-26-2004, 06:42 PM
Don't worry Dutchie, you aren't missing too much so far.. just both of them holding serve with a little trouble... ;)

Dutchie
08-26-2004, 06:56 PM
It worked! Yeah!!!

Maar ik zie niet wat ik hoopte....4-3 achter....

Dutchie
08-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Nope, it doesn't look good for Fred right now...

Snoopy_Girl
08-26-2004, 07:16 PM
He's even struggling to keep his serve now in the second set.. he seems to be fighting.. a lot of 40-A A-40 and deuce... but c'mon Fred.. if you can beat him, you can beat so many players! Stay focused!!!! :bounce:

Dutchie
08-26-2004, 07:30 PM
We'll send some positive thoughts over in our minds.

Snoopy_Girl
08-26-2004, 07:43 PM
That's nice.. I've been doing that for over a year now.. it's no use! As much as I want him not to be, we have to face it.. he's a headcase :p If he's sane, then his game sux and if his game is good his head sux.. always something keeping him down.. I think I'm starting to find this more frustrating than Fred himself does :p

Catchie
08-26-2004, 09:09 PM
People, I have updated my sisters site! (the this week, last week and older news sections...:) )

Snoopy_Girl
08-26-2004, 09:41 PM
Thank you Catchie! :) Even though it was just bad news as Fred lost once again :mad:

Catchie
08-27-2004, 07:00 PM
yeah.. hate to be the bearer of bad news :(

Kezzi
08-28-2004, 01:37 PM
Well... Kezzi's back :D .
StephB, thanks for the picture, it's really nice! And the expected question... Can I use it on my website?
The galleries aren't working yet, but we're working on it :p .

And if it isn't Fred who's going to win the US Open, it has to be Potito :D .

Catchie
08-29-2004, 03:39 PM
no the man who beats Lleyton is gonna win... kez, you should really read the newspaper once in a while... ;) :P

stephB
08-30-2004, 07:10 AM
Well... Kezzi's back :D .
StephB, thanks for the picture, it's really nice! And the expected question... Can I use it on my website?
The galleries aren't working yet, but we're working on it :p .

well, think it is ok when you use the picture for your page! but donīt say itīs yours *lol*
i like your page :)
and his coach (is it also his father???i have no idea) is very good in speaking german :) i mean i think it was his coach being with him in bamberg!

Snoopy_Girl
08-30-2004, 01:06 PM
His official coach now isn't his dad. It's Tom Nijssen, but Fred used to be coached by his father I thought... Don't know which one is the fluent German speaking one though ;)

stephB
08-30-2004, 04:50 PM
do you have pictures of both (his dad and tom)? so i can tell you which guy is speaking german *lol*

Dutchie
08-30-2004, 05:06 PM
You know what - most dutch people know how to speak German - i wish i could aswell :P

Kezzi
08-30-2004, 09:52 PM
I'm sorry, don't have any pictures of Tom at all. And those from Fred's father aren't recent...
But I think it's Tom, never heard that his father still travels with him... Didn't see him at Dutch tournaments either...
And I won't say the pic is mine, the credit is all yours :D .

stephB
09-01-2004, 11:09 AM
I'm sorry, don't have any pictures of Tom at all. And those from Fred's father aren't recent...
But I think it's Tom, never heard that his father still travels with him... Didn't see him at Dutch tournaments either...
And I won't say the pic is mine, the credit is all yours :D .
ok :)
so maybe i see tom at any other dutch tournament and than i can tell you

stephB
09-01-2004, 11:14 AM
You know what - most dutch people know how to speak German - i wish i could aswell :P
yeah. i know. but i also know a lot of dutch people who cannot speak german. so dont worry. oh BTW, john is also not very good in german :)

Catchie
09-01-2004, 08:19 PM
i'm quite good in german, took classes in it for the last four years :p I graduated with an 8 (the dutch figure, believe it's a 2 in germany) But what my experiences are is that in Rosmalen a lot of people could speak german pretty good (but there were a lot who actually came all the way from germany) but in Rotterdam there were very few people who spoke it... And that's also a conclusion from the way people looked at me when i started to talk german to roger, mirka and rainer. They looked like they thought i was from germany :) Rainer did also look a bit confused whether my sister and i were from germany *lol*

Catchie
09-01-2004, 08:21 PM
ow yeah PS i'm thinking of taking it again :p Have to choose between french and german, english is an obligatory subject...

Kezzi
09-21-2004, 02:23 PM
Fred plays in Covington this week. In the first round he has good chance against Ram, but if he reaches the second round he could be up against Giovanni Lapentti.

Good luck for Fred this week!! I hope he wins his first challenger title!! :D

Snoopy_Girl
09-22-2004, 02:23 PM
Good chance huh? Kezzi.. I think you should give up on Fred ;) He lost 6-4 6-2 to Ram, according to teletext.. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Fred's breakthrough will come.. ever! :(

Kezzi
09-22-2004, 08:51 PM
Yeah, I saw it too :sad: . But I'm not giving up on him, whatever he does, he always has at least one supporter :D .
Next time I'm just going to say that he hasn't a chance at all, because everytime I think he has a chance he gets defeated in the first round.
From now on I won't give any comment before a match he has to play ;) .

Kezzi
09-23-2004, 04:00 PM
Well... while I won't give any comment on upcoming matches for Fred.... :p .

What do you think of the new website?

Dutchie
09-23-2004, 07:47 PM
I think it's beautiful, but bla bla bla, i've told you all before :p
You know i like it!

Kezzi
09-26-2004, 04:42 PM
And again: thanks :hug:!

stephB
09-27-2004, 02:38 PM
i'm quite good in german, took classes in it for the last four years :p I graduated with an 8 (the dutch figure, believe it's a 2 in germany) But what my experiences are is that in Rosmalen a lot of people could speak german pretty good (but there were a lot who actually came all the way from germany) but in Rotterdam there were very few people who spoke it... And that's also a conclusion from the way people looked at me when i started to talk german to roger, mirka and rainer. They looked like they thought i was from germany :) Rainer did also look a bit confused whether my sister and i were from germany *lol*
hehe. i know what you mean. itīs also funny when we talk dutch to dutch players *g*
by the way i also have been in rotterdam :)

Purple Rainbow
09-29-2004, 06:09 PM
Fred Hemmes is playing a challenger in College Station, USA. Won the first round after his opponent gave up. Next up is a Slovakian with an unpronouncable name, who was kind enough to beat 6th seed American Robert Kendrick. :)

Oh, and by the way. I'm a newbie! Study psychology in Utrecht and am obviously a bit of a tennis fan (lately).

Snoopy_Girl
09-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Hey, welcome here!

I'm still hoping against hope that Fred will actually win two consecutive rounds, but I don't think so :(

Purple Rainbow
09-30-2004, 10:40 AM
Well, it seems like you were right. Teletext says both he and Peter Wessels lost. Following Hemmes' resluts is a bit frustrating, he's not that far from ATP level, but never has a good period to improve his ranking substantially.

But keep cheering! :yippee:

Catchie
09-30-2004, 01:14 PM
But keep cheering! :yippee:

That's the spirit! :D

Dutchie
09-30-2004, 06:52 PM
I heard he had won the first round, i was like YEAH!!! Then i read on and saw it was bacause an injury...
Iīm sure heīll blow us all away one day!
(wishfull thinking?)

Snoopy_Girl
09-30-2004, 08:39 PM
The blowing away will have to wait.. he lost again, in 3 sets.. also once again.. SO FRUSTRATING!

hemagirl
10-05-2004, 07:52 AM
Today i'm gonna take pictures from the tennisfotograph Rien Hokken from Hilversum and Amersfoort. Pictures from Fred hemmes, John van Lottum, Jesse Hutagalung. I will take different pictures. Maybe i can scan the pictures en put it down here.

Snoopy_Girl
10-05-2004, 11:28 AM
Nice! Thanks!

hemagirl
10-05-2004, 05:49 PM
oh it is mad, i can put the pictures here. They are with copyright. I ask the fotographer but he said that i only use the pictures for myself. Sorry

stephB
10-05-2004, 08:03 PM
Today i'm gonna take pictures from the tennisfotograph Rien Hokken from Hilversum and Amersfoort. Pictures from Fred hemmes, John van Lottum, Jesse Hutagalung. I will take different pictures. Maybe i can scan the pictures en put it down here.
oh yes please try it and put the pictures down here :) would be really really great

hemagirl
10-05-2004, 08:59 PM
yeah, i want to do it, but when i do it, i have to pay too much. Sorry...... sorry

hemagirl
10-05-2004, 09:01 PM
I've also seen photo's of the paralympics and RG and wimbledon, and from the juniors and last but not least, photo's from johns wedding!! He looks so nice!!

stephB
10-06-2004, 01:19 PM
do you really think he looks so nice? i also have some pics and i cannot agree with you...

hemagirl
10-06-2004, 03:01 PM
not?? from his wedding???? mmmm JOhn looks so happy. Last week he was on TV, mjammie... haha

Fred Hemmes lost his match :S

Dutchie
10-06-2004, 06:45 PM
do you really think he looks so nice? i also have some pics and i cannot agree with you...

:lol:
He looks so daft in that suit! Some guys look really good in suits, but he is not one of them, i guess!

Kezzi
10-06-2004, 07:41 PM
No, I agree. I have a lot of guys at my school who look better in a suit :) .
I wonder how Fred looks in a suit, don't think we're going to see that very soon. It took a long time before I've seen a picture of him in normal clothes (napoli player's party :p ) so I guess it will take years for a picture in a suit ;) .

How come you can get pictures from this fotographer? Do you know him? (or is it her?)

Purple Rainbow
10-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Hemmes update:

Lost 1st round of the 50,000 challenger in Austin against American qualifier Ryan Newport. 7-5 6-4. :awww:

hemagirl
10-07-2004, 08:40 AM
Yeah i've met him in hilversum. He sits behind us. and begins talking :D. He was also at RG and the paralympics. He made pictures for tennismagazine, smash, wta.com, itf.com and so on.....

I've seen Fred in HIlversum in Normal clothes and it was nice to look at. haha. Ik kan zijn kleren niet in het engels omschrijven, haha veel te lastig, maar hij had een lichtkleurig gekreukeld blousje aan en een hele mooie bruine broek en onwijs mooie schoenen, hij was samen met zn moes :D

stephB
10-07-2004, 03:55 PM
:lol:
He looks so daft in that suit! Some guys look really good in suits, but he is not one of them, i guess!
yeah. so are so right

stephB
10-07-2004, 03:57 PM
not?? from his wedding???? mmmm JOhn looks so happy. Last week he was on TV, mjammie... haha

yeah. from his wedding. sure he looks happy. and he was sooooooo nervous that day. what a suprise *lol*
and what did he on TV???

hemagirl
10-07-2004, 04:39 PM
he was by studio sport talking about his career

Snoopy_Girl
10-07-2004, 04:56 PM
This is about John right? :confused:

Snoopy_Girl
10-07-2004, 04:59 PM
Yeah i've met him in hilversum. He sits behind us. and begins talking :D. He was also at RG and the paralympics. He made pictures for tennismagazine, smash, wta.com, itf.com and so on.....

I've seen Fred in HIlversum in Normal clothes and it was nice to look at. haha. Ik kan zijn kleren niet in het engels omschrijven, haha veel te lastig, maar hij had een lichtkleurig gekreukeld blousje aan en een hele mooie bruine broek en onwijs mooie schoenen, hij was samen met zn moes :D
Fred has a great taste in clothes btw, the few events I've seen him in his casual clothes he looked great. His taste in sports clothes is also good (or well, the taste of the designers at H2O :p). I usually don't like sport sweaters that much, but he has really nice ones, not as oversized as most others... ;)

Kezzi
10-07-2004, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I really like his tennis outfit :D . Everything just fits perfectly. I liked his clothes at the players party in Napoli too, nice yellow shirt, jeans and really great shoes. And in my opinion shoes make or break the outfit, I really hate it when a guy looks really nice and wears the most ugly shoes.

Dutchie
10-07-2004, 05:38 PM
Can't believe you can remember what he was wearing...i have no clue anymore, i just know it were clothes :lol:

Snoopy_Girl
10-07-2004, 08:38 PM
Cuz you would've remembered if he was naked, right? :tape: :drool: ;)

Catchie
10-08-2004, 12:28 PM
Blazers do look really nice on john for that matter, never seen him in a complete suit but when kezzi and i saw the dc-team in the theater in roermond john wore a black blazer and that looked really nice!

Catchie
10-08-2004, 12:36 PM
Yeah, I really like his tennis outfit . Everything just fits perfectly. I liked his clothes at the players party in Napoli too, nice yellow shirt, jeans and really great shoes. And in my opinion shoes make or break the outfit, I really hate it when a guy looks really nice and wears the most ugly shoes.

I so agree with that shoe-thing..! There are also other things that make or break the outfit, but nice shoes are a must...
And yeah, Fred dresses nice

stephB
10-08-2004, 01:32 PM
he was by studio sport talking about his career
and what did he say???????????????

Kezzi
10-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Can't believe you can remember what he was wearing...i have no clue anymore, i just know it were clothes
The pictures from the Napoli player's party are some of my fav's. And I can say that Fred's bright yellow shirt leaves a big impression :lol: .

Cuz you would've remembered if he was naked, right?
Who wouldn't ?? :haha: :o :tape: .

Purple Rainbow
10-13-2004, 09:47 PM
Fred update:
Hemmes was lucky with the withdrawal of no1 seed Paul Goldstein. He thus faced lucky loser Andres Pedroso (USA). Hemmes won 7-6 (10) 7-5. Must have been quite a match!
Next up is Todd Widom (ATP-265). So that should be possible. Come on Fred! :bounce:

Snoopy_Girl
10-13-2004, 10:56 PM
I'm still waiting for the day that Fred will stop being a headcase and beat guys like this. I think if he was to meet Goldstein today he would've lost in a aweful up-down 3 set match once again. And even though he only played a lucky loser, at least he advanced to the second round for once.. Way to break the cycle Fred, now do it once more! ;) :bounce:
:crazy:

hemagirl
10-14-2004, 08:29 AM
He has won his second match!!! And of course his double. Go Fred Go

Purple Rainbow
10-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Het toernooischema ziet er goed uit voor Hemmes. Geen geplaatste spelers meer in zijn helft van het schema. Helaas zal Fred niet stijgen op de ATPranking omdat het toernooi van Reunion deze week verwerkt wordt, en daar haalde Fred vorig jaar de finale (die hij van Peter Wessels verloor).
Peter Wessels zal ook wel een kleine duikeling maken dus.

Maar eerst nog even dit: Succes tegen Chadaj! :banana:

Snoopy_Girl
10-14-2004, 02:09 PM
Hope he pulls it off! I still wanna see what confidence can do to his game (just to check if my statement of "Fred's game is good enough, his head isn't" is still true :p)

Kezzi
10-15-2004, 01:44 PM
Helaas zal Fred niet stijgen op de ATPranking omdat het toernooi van Reunion deze week verwerkt wordt

Het toernooi van Reunion is toch niet deze week? Staat niet op de atp in ieder geval...

En voor de rest geen commentaar, want zodra ik mijn mond open doe over Fred's wedstrijden/tegenstanders gaat het helemaal mis.

Purple Rainbow
10-16-2004, 02:06 AM
De ATP kalender is soms een beetje vreemd, idd.
heej, goed nieuwtje: Fred heeft Chadaj verslagen met 6-1 3-6 6-0. :bounce:
Dat zijn duidelijke cijfers! Volgens mij speelt hij nu tegen de ongeplaatse KJ Hippensteel (VS). Zou toch ook moeten kunnen dan!
PS. Ik weet dat een belachelijk tijdstip is om te posten! :) Kom net van mijn werk en wou toch even kijken, deze site is verslavend...:lol:

hemagirl
10-16-2004, 06:50 AM
WOW!!!!! Fred zit gewoon in de halve. haha dat vind ik dus altijd zo maf aan tennis he. je kunt de eerste set heel makkelijk winnen met 61 de 2e verlies je dan door miss een dom foutje en dan de 3e set win je weer zo makkelijk. Zo vreemd. Hippensteel, hopelijk lukt het~!! Gaat tie weer stijgen denk ik. Mag ook op zich wel, haha

Snoopy_Girl
10-16-2004, 11:09 AM
Neej. als Reunion Island idd deze week verwerkt wordt dan moet ie de challenger winnen om nog iets te stijgen. Maar hij houdt de schade in ieder geval beperkt!

Go Fred! :bounce:

Purple Rainbow
10-16-2004, 11:55 AM
Zelfs de organisatie van het toernooi in Teburon gelooft in Hemmes in de finale!
Goede website hebben ze (voor een challenger)!

http://www.tiburonpc.org/tpc-cgi-bin/crpt?code=26&report=2004&templ=challenger_page_2004.html&detail=signup.041015.2027.95720

Go Fred! Iemand wiens ouders geen betere voornaam konden verzinnen dan KJ moet je kunnen verslaan! :bounce:

Catchie
10-16-2004, 02:50 PM
deze site is verslavend...
MEE EENS :p

Kezzi
10-16-2004, 07:49 PM
Iemand wiens ouders geen betere voornaam konden verzinnen dan KJ moet je kunnen verslaan!
Precies, als je dan zo nodig een j en k moet hebben, vernoem hem dan naar JK a.k.a Jamiroquai, hoewel JK zijn voor en achternaam is :p .

Snoopy_Girl
10-16-2004, 08:20 PM
Jamiroquai :worship: Jay Kay is echt cool! :)

En zijn er al resultaten van Fred bekend? Ikke weten willen! *hoopt dat Fred weer eens in een finale staat*

En hey, deze thread is Nederland geworden :confused:

Catchie
10-16-2004, 09:03 PM
zullen we vanaf nu dan maar weer english speaken? :p