TV Schedule for US................ (UPDATED -- OPEN SEAT 2006, BARCELONA) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

TV Schedule for US................ (UPDATED -- OPEN SEAT 2006, BARCELONA)

mangoes
04-15-2006, 10:36 AM
TV Schedule for US

OPEN SEAT 2006 - BARCELONA
The Tennis Channel will televise the Barcelona live on Sunday morning at 9:30 a.m. Eastern time.

The Tennis Channel will replay the final at 8 p.m. on Sunday with encore airings scheduled to start at midnight on Sunday, 1 p.m. on Monday and 10 p.m. on Monday.

TTC.........Sunday, April 23 - 9:30 a.m. Eastern - Live

Campionati Internazionali d'Italia (Masters Series Roma)

The Tennis Channel - Live Coverage from May 8-14

Masters Series Hamburg

The Tennis Channel - Live Coverage from May 15-21

Leo
04-15-2006, 01:51 PM
OMG. I hate you people.

nobama
04-15-2006, 01:53 PM
God finally some live tennis on TTC. I don't know how many more repeats of USA v Chile I can take.

Deboogle!.
04-28-2006, 02:51 AM
:)

TTC To Televise Barcelona Final Live Sunday

By Tennis Week
04/27/2006

Rafael Nadal could register his 47th consecutive clay-court victory to surpass Bjorn Borg for the second-longest men's clay-court winning streak in the Open Era if he wins the Barcelona title on Sunday and The Tennis Channel has your ticket to the final. The Tennis Channel will televise the Barcelona live on Sunday morning at 9:30 a.m. Eastern time.

The Tennis Channel will replay the final at 8 p.m. on Sunday with encore airings scheduled to start at midnight on Sunday, 1 p.m. on Monday and 10 p.m. on Monday.

For more information, please visit The Tennis Channel.com

mangoes
04-28-2006, 04:59 AM
Thanks Deb :D

Flibbertigibbet
04-28-2006, 05:04 AM
I hope someday they can get full Barcelona coverage, but this is awesome, anyway, getting the final and then Rome and Hamburg. So excited, so much tennis (though most of it will happen while I'll be at school, but still, I'm assuming they show repeats)!

Deboogle!.
04-28-2006, 05:32 AM
my pleasure!

Yep they always show repeats Flibbertigibbet. And it's nice that they're adding more last-minute coverage like they did earlier in the year on both the men and women's sides. Hope it's a trend they continue, when possible to just grab someone else's feed and have some of their guys commentate from their offices in Santa Monica :lol:

Deboogle!.
04-28-2006, 05:42 AM
Yes, it's very difficult to live when they have one of the masters on. The coverage is incredible. It's nice because between the live and replay coverage, I can manage to see almost everything.

I am annoyed that this week and next, there is almost nothing on TTC, and then when Rome starts, that's when my exams start. DAMN THE ATP FOR NOT SCHEDULING THE CALENDAR AROUND MY EXAMS :p

avocadoe
04-28-2006, 01:20 PM
I wish I had TTC but I still don't have the option :(
I did buy the mastersseries.com package and that is very enjoyable as a stopgap...no whole matches, of course, but a good selection of five-15 minute highlight features, and excellent archived stuff...

nobama
04-28-2006, 01:50 PM
TTC is great except that they repeat things a million times. Having a replay of matches is great for those who don't get to see it when it was first broadcast. But they don't need to replay a match 4 or 5 times. They obviously must not have the programming to fill the time slot. I wish they could find a way to show more classic matches like they've done with DC.

Clara Bow
04-28-2006, 02:49 PM
Yes, it's very difficult to live when they have one of the masters on. The coverage is incredible. It's nice because between the live and replay coverage, I can manage to see almost everything.

It is pretty awesome. During the Master's I usually Tivo the whole day's matches. It's good to sometimes be able to fast forward throught the not so interesting matches and then be able to rewatch the good parts of the day if I want to. Of course my husband does get annoyed at all of the tennis clogging the queue.

I wish they could find a way to show more classic matches like they've done with DC.

That would be great. I would also love it if they showed more of the seniors tour.

Still, love the network.

khyber
04-28-2006, 04:07 PM
I remembered them showing the final last year and I kept searching TTC site for any mention of it. Thanks for finding it.

federated
04-28-2006, 04:12 PM
:)

TTC To Televise Barcelona Final Live Sunday

By Tennis Week
04/27/2006

Rafael Nadal could register his 47th consecutive clay-court victory to surpass Bjorn Borg for the second-longest men's clay-court winning streak in the Open Era if he wins the Barcelona title on Sunday and The Tennis Channel has your ticket to the final. The Tennis Channel will televise the Barcelona live on Sunday morning at 9:30 a.m. Eastern time.

For more information, please visit The Tennis Channel.com

OH GREAT!!!! Though they seem to keep doing these last minute deals. There was no coverage announced on their website before--I have been checking daily.

Thank god for the tennis channel, thank god they have it where I am, and thank god I have no workplace or school obligations for the next few months so that I can focus on the important things in life--i.e., ATP tennis. :angel:

Fumus
04-28-2006, 04:30 PM
yay TTC!!

chicky841
04-28-2006, 04:38 PM
:sad: No TTC for me....but of course I have the Golf Channel :rolleyes:

Racket88
04-28-2006, 05:59 PM
DAMN YOU CHARTER!!!!! :fiery: Why won't you add the Tennis Channel??? :sad:

Flibbertigibbet
04-28-2006, 06:06 PM
my pleasure!

Yep they always show repeats Flibbertigibbet. And it's nice that they're adding more last-minute coverage like they did earlier in the year on both the men and women's sides. Hope it's a trend they continue, when possible to just grab someone else's feed and have some of their guys commentate from their offices in Santa Monica :lol:

Awesome, I'll be looking forward to finally seeing a full clay season (as full as possible, anyway) this year.

They are - relatively speaking - a fledgling channel, though, and I'm sure their coverage will improve (hopefully with more tournaments, but getting the broadcasting rights does cost money) as time goes on. I think my dad saw one of those Davis Cup matches today morning, a 1950's one, I need to catch some of that. It would be nice for me if they could show more classic matches (maybe have a focus for each month - say, '90s matches in May, '80s matches in June, etc.?) because compared to most people here I'm pretty new to watching tennis, and I do want to see people like Rios, McEnroe, and Mecir.

But I'm more than satisfied with being able to see all this other tennis - do they also cover the fall indoor season (again, I've followed but never actually seen these matches)? And are there any plans for TTC to move beyond America? I'm sure there are tennis fans all over the world who would love to have it, but I'm guessing sponsorship, costs, etc. might be too much right now.

Clara Bow
04-28-2006, 06:28 PM
do they also cover the fall indoor season (again, I've followed but never actually seen these matches)?

They showed Paris and Madrid last year - can't recall if they showed any others.

Deboogle!.
04-28-2006, 07:08 PM
I'm pretty sure they only covered Paris and Madrid in the fall indoor season... I don't remember seeing anything else. It's definitely fledgling, which is why they repeat a lot, and stuff like that. But I think it's quite obvious their heart is in the right place, they want to bring tennis to people and stuff, so I think it's great and I don't like complaining about them too much :lol: I think if and when they become more stable financially and stuff that they'll improve a lot, get a lot more classic matches, etc.

I think they'd love to go global but I think for right now - and it's probably the smart choice - they're focusing on getting on more carriers in the US, then they might look to expand internationally.

cincy
04-28-2006, 09:04 PM
It is pretty awesome. During the Master's I usually Tivo the whole day's matches. It's good to sometimes be able to fast forward throught the not so interesting matches and then be able to rewatch the good parts of the day if I want to. Of course my husband does get annoyed at all of the tennis clogging the queue.

Ditto for me. They usually start at 6:00AM so I watch while eating breakfast then tivo the rest (usually it ends around noon, EST). I can't wait to get home and watch the matches I want to watch. Also, the announcers are kind of funny. I suppose the feed is from a Brit network. I don't really know, or care. I just want to see the tennis.

I think they'd love to go global

I seriously doubt they have any intention of going "global" and why would they? They are doing just fine in the States.

Clara Bow
04-28-2006, 09:08 PM
Ditto for me

Tivo + TTC = :hearts:

I suppose the feed is from a Brit network.

I think it is from Sky Sports or something of that ilk. One thing I love about the announcers is that they don't talk during the point, like a lot of the announcers do on our US coverage.

Deboogle!.
04-28-2006, 10:21 PM
I seriously doubt they have any intention of going "global" and why would they? They are doing just fine in the States.They've said they'd like to one day. Why wouldn't they want to?

nobama
04-28-2006, 11:01 PM
Tivo + TTC = :hearts:

I think it is from Sky Sports or something of that ilk. One thing I love about the announcers is that they don't talk during the point, like a lot of the announcers do on our US coverage.Yeah and they seem to know what they're talking about. But that Jason whatever-his-name-is has his head so far up Roger's ass it isn't even funny. :lol:

mangoes
04-30-2006, 02:04 AM
Bump for time alert

claudine140
04-30-2006, 09:54 AM
don't complain who are living in us
here in europe it is nothing, no coverage from any tournement on cable, only pay television, and only for those who have satelite!!!! paytelevision without satelite shuttle is only eurosport, and guess how many atp tournements they are showing????? indeed maybe 30% (slams included). Wta tennis: you struggles over them!!!!