Did Lleyton take his anger out on Poor Robby? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Did Lleyton take his anger out on Poor Robby?

aura of moya
08-07-2002, 01:41 AM
Hey guys,
I woke up this morning to my radio saying the scores from Cinnci.
I first heard that Lleyton got into an argument about an interview, then that was followed by news that he beat Robby Ginepri 6-0 6-0.
I automatically thought, Ouch, double bagels very rarely occur on the mens tour, just because the majority on the players have a stronger enough serve to hold at least once, so I was shocked that Robby got clean swept.
He isn't a chump on the court, and made the semis a couple weeks ago.

So this kinda drew me to the conclusion that you can only absolutely destroy your opponent the way Lleyton did today if your truly angry. Doesn't have to be at your opponent but in general, and Lleyton is a player that would be at his peak in that frame of mind.

Maybe more of the girls kind of hate each other more than the guys do. Thats would explains the 6-0 6-2 early round scorelines, not the depth of the tour. ;)

Simon V

Murkofan
08-07-2002, 02:47 AM
The fact that he was pissed may've had something to do with it, but I doubt it. Lleyton's not the kind of player to give a single point away if he can help it. ;)

Jackie
08-07-2002, 03:07 AM
Yeah, but all the crap related to the interview may have helped a bit...unfortunately it looks like he's only getting half his prize money for the win. Good luck to him with the appeal

Dissident
08-07-2002, 04:17 AM
He played good, but Ginepri bombed himself too.
The poor guy couldnt keep the ball in at all. Lleyton played his game. Not phenomenal imo.