Thomas Enqvist [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Thomas Enqvist

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

fanenqvist
01-03-2004, 10:30 AM
Does someone know where Thomas Enqvist is supposed to play ? I can't find him in the qualifs draws of Doha, Adelaide and Chennai.
He won't play in Adelaide cause I saw the main draw
According to Swedish newspapers, he is supposed to play in Doha, but the main draw is not available.

If you have any news, it would be great !! It is very hard to follow him.

I hope he'll be back on top, he doesn't deserve to be at that ranking.

Good luck to the other Swedes !!

Valérie
http://www.thomasenqvist.com

Kristen
01-03-2004, 12:19 PM
Val, I'm going to give the people at the Sydney tennis centre a phone call to find out who's playing because i dont know where to look online for it! lol, so if I have any news about where he's playing, I'll post it here... unless you already know where he'll be for 12-18? Anyhow...have a good day everyone!
Kristen / kse_5

Kristen
01-03-2004, 12:20 PM
sorry... i mean im going to call them to find out who's qualifying there...

fanenqvist
01-03-2004, 04:54 PM
sorry... i mean im going to call them to find out who's qualifying there...

Thanks Kristen, I found where Thomas is playing : Doha. I found an article and interview on a website from Qatar. Thomas seems to be very confident about his comeback. It is great.

Kristen
01-09-2004, 07:43 AM
Saw thomas today... got a pic with him *faints*
He's qualifying in Sydney tomorrow :)

misyou25
01-22-2004, 10:39 AM
Good luck to Encvist against Agassi!

star
01-22-2004, 12:25 PM
Go Tompa!!!

Ma. Estefania
01-22-2004, 04:12 PM
Hope he can keep going, though it will be hard....

star
02-17-2004, 02:03 AM
Tompa :bounce: :bounce:

Beat the evil Vince. :)

star
02-21-2004, 11:54 AM
Tompa! I am very pleased with his victory even though it came at Andy's expense. This is good for his comeback and I hope he is enspired and encouraged and starts putting together the victories.

It would be kind of wonderful to have an all Swedish final. :)

Leo
02-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Wow, what a great win for Thomas! :banana: Now for Kiefer...

star
02-21-2004, 07:54 PM
Yes. Please destroy Kiefer Tompa.

Ma. Estefania
02-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Well, he didn't unfortunately; but he had a great run....you know, to beat Roddick was great.

star
02-23-2004, 02:13 AM
No he didn't, but Pim Pim did. :)

Devotee
02-24-2004, 07:45 PM
The ATP site says Enqvist received a special exemption into the
Marseille tournament. What does "special exemption" mean?

Sharon
02-25-2004, 01:39 AM
im not sure but i think that special exemption means something like getting a special invite into the tourney without qualifying or something like that...

Good luck Thomas against soderling!!! :bounce:

star
02-25-2004, 12:11 PM
The ATP site says Enqvist received a special exemption into the
Marseille tournament. What does "special exemption" mean?

I believe that means that Enqvist got a protected ranking that allowed him direct entry into the tournament. I think this is something that a player coming back from an injury can use in a predetermined number of tournaments. I'll look it up.

star
02-25-2004, 12:21 PM
Ummmmmm....... They the term "special exempt" language here.

4. Entry Protection.
a. A player may petition the CEO for an Entry Protection when he is physically injured and does not compete in any tennis event for a minimum
period of six (6) months.The written petition must be received within six
(6) months after his last tournament.

b. The Entry Protection shall be a position in the ATP Entry Ranking, as
determined by the player's average ATP Entry Ranking position during
the first three (3) months of his injury. The Entry Protection shall be for
entry into the main draw or qualifying competition or for special exempt
consideration.The Entry Protection shall not be used for seeding purposes,
Lucky Loser consideration or for entry into the Tennis Masters Cup.

c. The Entry Protection shall be in effect for either the first eight (8)
Tournaments that the player competes in using the Entry Protection
(excluding wild cards and entries as a Direct Acceptance with his current
position in the ATP Entry Ranking) or for the period up to nine (9) months
beginning with the first tennis event that the player competes in,
whichever occurs first.

Kristen
02-25-2004, 01:04 PM
Poor thomas! 6-7, 6-7 to robin!
At least he'll feel better knowing he pushed the young swede... and you know... it's robin. So its all good ;)

star
02-25-2004, 01:30 PM
Too bad for Tompa, but yea for Robin!!!

Ma. Estefania
02-25-2004, 04:04 PM
Hmm...yeah, a pity to see Thomas out.

Kristen
03-13-2004, 12:25 AM
Out again, to Haas in three.

Happy birthday anyway!

Ma. Estefania
03-13-2004, 01:56 AM
It seemed a tight match.....

Happy B-Day Thomas :kiss:

Kristen
04-07-2004, 04:50 AM
http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?id=12837

You can download an interview with Thomas here. Sounds like he's ready to play davis cup ;) and the foot isn't a problem...
Interview is from April 6 :D

Toppu
04-07-2004, 07:46 AM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/FSM103040514_1024x768.jpg Thomas during press interview

Aleksa's Laydee
04-07-2004, 05:31 PM
http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?id=12837

You can download an interview with Thomas here. Sounds like he's ready to play davis cup ;) and the foot isn't a problem...
Interview is from April 6 :D

yay!!! :D :D :D :D

Aleksa's Laydee
04-07-2004, 05:32 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/FSM103040514_1024x768.jpg Thomas during press interview

PWOAR!!!!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Aleksa's Laydee
04-19-2004, 03:36 PM
hes losing to coria :mad: :fiery:
coria 6-0
*0-1 >> at least he finally got a game tho :)
:crying2: :crying2: :sobbing: :sobbing: :bigcry: :bigcry:

enqvistfan
04-19-2004, 07:44 PM
hes losing to coria :mad: :fiery:
coria 6-0
*0-1 >> at least he finally got a game tho :)
:crying2: :crying2: :sobbing: :sobbing: :bigcry: :bigcry:
He lost 6/0 6/1. I was in Monte-Carlo this week-end to attend to the practrices and qualifyings, I had the chance to see Thomas winning his two matches in the qualifying draw. I came back early this morning unfortunately. In the qualifyings, he didn't play very well the first match with unforced errors and doubles faults, he won because he played well the most important points, the second match against LLodra was better.
I saw Thomas twice at the practrice (on saturday and sunday) and his two matches. It was great to see him. I also saw the other Swedes : Jonas, Thomas Johansson, Robin. Thomas J lost in the first round of the qualifyings.
Well, reports and pics will be available on my website soon. People who know me knows how it works :))

Valérie

Aleksa's Laydee
04-20-2004, 09:18 PM
omgosh your so lucky!!
hope you took loads of pics!
you saw all the swedes!!! *i'm so jealous* ;)
cant wait to see the pics and reports :D:D

enqvistfan
04-29-2004, 09:17 PM
I've just uploaded some of my pics from Monte-Carlo. I'll finish tomorrow. There are at the moment mainly pics of Thomas Enqvist, but there is also pics of Gonzalez, Björkman, Thomas Johansson, Guga Kuerten, Coria...

Click on PHOTOS

Hope you'll like them :)

WaynesWorld
05-07-2004, 10:34 AM
Hej, I´m also a huge fan of Thomas Enqvist and all the other Swedish players. Does anyone know if Thomas is going to play in Hamburg next week? I´m travelling to that tournament and I really hope to see him there since I haven´t seen him since 2 years ago :sad:

misyou25
05-07-2004, 05:27 PM
i guess he will, but i really dont know

Aleksa's Laydee
05-09-2004, 01:48 PM
i'v seen the draw and thomas is not but jonas is if that helps?

Aleksa's Laydee
05-09-2004, 01:52 PM
great pics enqvist fan :D:D

Aleksa's Laydee
05-09-2004, 01:55 PM
ooops enqvist fan i had forgotten that i had joined your site a while back and joined again.. sorry! (siobhan btw) :)

Aleksa's Laydee
05-25-2004, 11:28 AM
Jonas Bjorkman SWE (24)
vs.
Taylor Dent USA

Kenneth Carlsen DEN 2 3 4
vs. Match Statistics winner : Thomas Enqvist :D:D:D
Thomas Enqvist SWE 6 6 6

enqvistfan
05-28-2004, 12:05 PM
CONGRATULATIONS TO THOMAS ENQVIST for his match yesterday evening. I was there and he played well, better than Jonas who didn't serve very well. It was a very tense match. The match finished around 9.30 pm.

Next round against Gaudio. Don't know if I'll be able to go there. I have to queue to have a ticket. I only had tickets for the first and second rounds.

Valérie
(very proud to be an Enqvist fan)

Aleksa's Laydee
05-28-2004, 04:55 PM
well done thomas !!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TOMORROWWIN WIN WIN :D:D:D
ps valerie, did you take any pictures ;)

enqvistfan
05-28-2004, 05:50 PM
well done thomas !!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TOMORROWWIN WIN WIN :D:D:D
ps valerie, did you take any pictures ;)

Hello,
Yes, I took pics (about 10 rolls, not only Thomas but mostly Thomas since last saturday), there will be on line next week, I'll have them on tuesday evening. Tomorrow, we'll try to have tickets for Thomas' match tomorrow morning.

Good luck to Thomas !!!

Valérie

Aleksa's Laydee
05-29-2004, 07:48 PM
thomas lost :( in 4 sets but he did get bagelled :(
oh i cant wait to see you pics :D

enqvistfan
05-30-2004, 09:32 AM
I was in Roland-Garros yesterday to watch the match and Gaudio was too good. We missed the first set cause we were waiting outside the court 2 to have a seat but it was terrible. Gaudio didn't miss a ball, then, hopefully, Thomas came back and won the 3rd set (a little hope at that moment) but unfortunately lost the last set. I watched Thomas' three matches and I can really say that he can come back. He fought during his match, it is just a question of confidence. Good luck Thomas for the grass season !!!

enqvistfan
06-05-2004, 07:21 AM
Pictures of Roland-Garros 2004 : I started to upload my pics of Thomas, please go to my photo album http://public.fotki.com/simplyenqvist/thomas_enqvist/
and click on Personal photos Roland-Garros 2004, these ones are great. More will come soon...

Aleksa's Laydee
06-05-2004, 08:16 PM
are these are really great pics thanks :D esp of jonas and juju ;) aaah and lindsay :D

Aleksa's Laydee
06-09-2004, 10:26 PM
i have a bone to pick with thomas!! just because he lost doesn't mean he can ignore me on my birthday when i ask him for a pic after all i was the only one cheering for him LOL
how rude of him :(!!

Kristen
06-10-2004, 03:27 AM
i have a bone to pick with thomas!! just because he lost doesn't mean he can ignore me on my birthday when i ask him for a pic after all i was the only one cheering for him LOL
how rude of him :(!!

haha, go and stalk him at the airport... He was nice when I found him there after the DC win!
But yeah, he can be a bit stand-offish... we Pisceans are like that... I dunno about him but I get moody and need time to myself! lol, but kudos to you for cheering for him! :wavey: you'll have to find him at the next tournament... if he'll be there?

Aleksa's Laydee
06-10-2004, 10:08 AM
hes at nottingham, and i shall see him and give him a piece of my mind lol

i have pics like 9 of him and they'r great if anyone wants to see :D

enqvistfan
06-10-2004, 10:22 AM
First, happy birthday, Mardy Fish fan :)
Second, sorry that you got that problem with Thomas. He's not rude, it is just that when you lost, you are not in a good mood. Thomas is a very nice guy, when we cheered him up in Roland-Garros (for several days), when he won against Jonas, he saw us outside the court and came directly to thank us. So, try another time, especially after a victory :), it will be easier.

Third, if you want to share your pics with other Enqvist Fans, I can add them in my photo album with your references. Just email me at webmaster@thomasenqvist.com.

Bye
Valérie

WaynesWorld
06-10-2004, 04:00 PM
Happy Birthday MardyFish-Fan!!!!! :aparty:
And yes I also think that it was just the wrong timing after he lost...
I´m sure you will have more luck next time!!! ;)

Kristen
06-10-2004, 05:11 PM
Thomas is a very nice guy, when we cheered him up in Roland-Garros (for several days), when he won against Jonas, he saw us outside the court and came directly to thank us.

Bye, Valérie

So you're the ones to blame ;) hehe just kidding...

:D Mardy leads 6-4, 0-0 against Sargis! I need him to avenge Jonas's disgraceful defeat in January :eek:

Aleksa's Laydee
06-11-2004, 02:29 PM
and he did!! and now hes in the semis after todays win :D

enqvistfan
06-13-2004, 08:15 AM
Finally Enqvist won't play in Nottingham. He was in the entry list but not in the draw. Well, let's wait Wimbledon. Good luck Tompa !!!

enqvistfan
06-13-2004, 02:48 PM
Hej, I started to write my report and to upload my pictures of Thomas (and other Swedes) from Roland-Garros. It's not finished, but you'll have an idea.

Go there : http://www.thomasenqvist.com/rolandgarrosreport04.htm

Then, go to the photos album

Valérie

The ultimate ressource about the swedish star

http://thomasenqvist.free.fr
The Thomas Enqvist Fan listing

http://enqvist.proboards33.com/index.cgi
The Enqvist forum

enqvistfan
06-26-2004, 08:25 PM
I notice that there was no post about Wimbledon.

Well, Thomas won his first round against Blanco and his second round against Chela. In the third round, he'll face Sjeng Schalken. The match will be tomorrow. Well, good luck Thomas !!! U're still the best !!!

For the Enqvist's fans, I updated my report with pics.

Valérie

SuperFurryAnimal
08-11-2004, 11:16 AM
Hi there :wavey:

I am a massive Enqvist fan, I have been so since 1994 or 1995 or so. He was the person to make me interested in tennis (and in men! :hearts: hihi). Too bad he's been out of the picture for some time... :sad: That made me fall for other (tennis)men, like Rainer. But Enqvist will always be one of my favourits! :yeah:
I wish him lots of luck for his upcoming matches!!

Bye :bigwave:

Kristen
08-13-2004, 01:51 AM
From TennisWeek:::

Third-seeded Carlos Moya arrived in Athens as one of three seeded Spaniards in the singles draw — former French Open champion Juan Carlos Ferrero, seeded fifth, and Cincinnati semifinalist Tommy Robredo, the 15th seed, are the others — but the man from Mallorca may be hard pressed to survive an opening-round showdown with former Australian Open finalist Thomas Enqvist. The hard-hitting, but slow-footed Swede has won six of eight meetings with Moya with his two losses coming on clay, the surface best suited to the former Roland Garros champion's game. The 27-year-old Moya can take solace in the fact this marks his first meeting with Enqvist in two years and that he has been effective on hard courts this year in reaching the Sydney final and Masters Series quarterfinals in both Miami and Cincinnati. However, Moya's habit of giving up two thirds of the court to run around his backhand and hit his favored forehand could haunt him against Enqvist, who can effectively hit down the line off both sides. The streaky Swede has not won a hard-court match in the North American summer swing, suffering open-round setbacks in Indianapolis, Toronto and Cincinnati.

Aleksa's Laydee
08-13-2004, 10:34 AM
LETS GO TOMPA LETS GO

oh that gave me heart....6 of the last 8 :yeah: :woohoo: make it 7 of the last 9 ;)

Mikael84
08-15-2004, 07:14 PM
Hello, I'm new here!

Enqvist's been my favourite player since 1995 and there are a couple things I have noticed and would like to share...

Anybody else notice that Thomas' ranking started going down in 2001, after the shoulder surgery. I have also noticed that his technique, both on the serve but especially on the forehand, changed dramatically at that time. I don't think it's too much of a coincidence. Thomas used to lead his forehand with the racquet. It was a simple stroke with a very small loop. I was surprised in 2001 to see him lead the forehand **with the elbow**, intead of the racquet. The movement seemed slightly longer and definitely more complicated. Also less versatile.

Seeing Thomas lose successively to Soderling and Rusedski in recent weeks, a few more things have struck me. First is how far Thomas was standing playing against those guys, especially Robin. I immediately decided to dig out some of my old tapes and looked at Thomas' position in comparison. These days, he stands like 2-3 meters behind the baseline during rallies. Before 2001, he was right behind the baseline most of the time. It is way more difficult for him to seize the initiative and open the court by playing so far back.

Why the change? Is it because of his new forehand stroke which requires a longer takeback and is more difficult to time? Or is it just age that is making him slower?

His serve has also undergone major changes. His ace count has gone way down in recent years. I remember he was in the top 10 for number of aces in the late nineties...

It would be nice to hear other fans' opinions about this. I for one have been very disappointed with Thomas since 2001. I think he shouldn't have changed his forehand technique in the first place... Mikael Stripple may be the one responsible for all this.

star
08-16-2004, 01:40 PM
Hi!!

I think Enqvist is not the same player he used to be.

I'm guessing he has changed his serve because of his shoulder surgery.

I don't get to see him on TV very much anymore so, I can't really comment on the rest of his game. Sorry.

Kristen
08-17-2004, 01:47 AM
Great effort by Thomas, even though he lost to Moya 67 76 79 :eek:

Mikael84
08-17-2004, 05:27 AM
It's all speculation of course but I believe Enqvist would've won the match in straight sets 4+ years ago... These super fast courts are supposed to be the best possible setup for him.

SuperFurryAnimal
08-17-2004, 08:45 AM
Amazing performance from Tompa against Moya. Too bad he lost, but he can be very satisfied with the way he played!

star
08-18-2004, 02:21 PM
Tompa's serve is not what it once was. :sad:

I wish I could have seen the match. I don't have many opportunities to see Tompa now. I'm glad he fought hard. I think the Swedes show remarkable spirit when they play for their country. :)

Aleksa's Laydee
08-18-2004, 02:25 PM
Tompa :sobbing: so close!!

Kristen
08-25-2004, 08:26 AM
Thomas Enqvist (SWE) d. Julien Benneteau (FRA) 6-3 7-6(4)
He plays Chela in the next round at Long Island :yeah:

Aleksa's Laydee
08-25-2004, 09:27 AM
:woohoo: well done tompa...keep it up :D

jmgsdoubsprtnr
08-31-2004, 05:36 PM
im watching his match against Safin right now. he's SOOO HOT! :eek: I'm taping it too and making it into a DVD, so i can watch it anytime i want!

Aleksa's Laydee
08-31-2004, 05:45 PM
bloody hell he is hot ;)

i'm gonna record any more matches he plays...i have pics of him from this match to keep me happy :)

Aleksa's Laydee
08-31-2004, 05:46 PM
:drool: :drool:

melissa7
08-31-2004, 05:49 PM
I agree, he is pretty fine...I wish they would stop bouncing from match to match and just let us watch Safin/Enqvist

Aleksa's Laydee
08-31-2004, 06:00 PM
:inlove:

PWOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bowdown: :drool: :hearts:

Aleksa's Laydee
08-31-2004, 06:01 PM
I agree, he is pretty fine...I wish they would stop bouncing from match to match and just let us watch Safin/Enqvist

i hope these pics heal some of your pain :wavey: :)

melissa7
08-31-2004, 06:16 PM
Yes... yes they do... :hug: You always post the best pics... thank you!!

Aleksa's Laydee
08-31-2004, 06:17 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship:

Aleksa's Laydee
08-31-2004, 06:18 PM
Yes... yes they do... :hug: You always post the best pics... thank you!!

no problem :)
our mans doing us proud today :worship:

Aleksa's Laydee
08-31-2004, 06:29 PM
look at him go 7-6 6-4 *3-2 :worship:

melissa7
08-31-2004, 07:03 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to björkfish again.

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s26/smilies-6548.png for the pics... you're awesome

Aleksa's Laydee
08-31-2004, 07:34 PM
aaw hehe :) thanks :kiss:

not as awesome as thomas as he defeated SAFIN!!! 7-6 6-4 3-6 6-3 :woohoo:

Aleksa's Laydee
08-31-2004, 08:55 PM
some more....but scarier than the ones from the web cam ;)

Yoav
08-31-2004, 09:58 PM
well done Thomas :D :bounce: :worship:
you "made my day" (well, you and Tzipi Obziler, to be honest ;))

Mikael84
09-01-2004, 12:01 AM
Awesome, awesome result!!!

Some comments on the match (haven't seen the fourth set yet, but will later tonight)

- Enqvist as usual took a whole set to really feel confident and get into the groove. He always seems shaky at the beginning of matches, and then if all goes well he picks up a lot of confidence by winning the first set and goes into "indestructible" mode. Last time I saw him play like he did in that second set was maybe somewhere in 2002...

- The key to the whole match (well, the first three sets at least) for Enqvist was his return of serve. It wasn't really working in the first set but in the second he was jumping all over Safin's serve, even the first serve. Again, I haven't seen Thomas return first serves like this in ages. The return used to be one of his great strengths on fast courts, yet lately he's been playing far too many tiebreaks for my liking.

- Thomas really scared me with that mini-choke in the third set. He could've gone up 4-1 with two breaks and instead loses 5 games in a row... I haven't seen the fourth set but it looks like he did very well there to keep his cool and not let Safin gain momentum. It reminds me a lot of some of Thomas' most classic chokes where he actually comes back to win the match after choking... That must take a lot of mental strength.

- Thomas' serve was the only disappointing part of his game, I feel. Those doublefaults in the third set were ridiculous, I think he served up to 3 or 4 in one game and that eventually cost him the set. The first serve was OK.

Second round looks easier... I hope Thomas will feel comfortable and confident from this win.

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-01-2004, 02:04 AM
i'll try to take some still shots of enqvist from his match and post them!!

SuperFurryAnimal
09-01-2004, 07:53 AM
What a great match Tompa!! :yeah: I am very proud of you!! Your win consoles Rainer's loss a little... Thanx!

WaynesWorld
09-01-2004, 08:26 AM
Great pics, thanks!!! :worship:
And great match!!! I was so happy to finally see him in a television-match again :) And then he even won! :bigclap: :bounce:
And he REALLY looked handsome :hearts: :lol:

Aleksa's Laydee
09-01-2004, 11:49 AM
i'll try to take some still shots of enqvist from his match and post them!!

are you going to the US Open then?

Sommarsverige
09-01-2004, 01:04 PM
Great match, Tompa!
Maybe time for his first GS-title????

Okay, very optimistic I know, but it´s nice to have dreams:-)))

Sommarsverige
09-01-2004, 01:06 PM
Great match, Tompa!!!

Maybe time for his first GS-title???

Okay, very unrealistic I know, but it´s nice to have dreams;-)))

WaynesWorld
09-01-2004, 02:08 PM
Great match, Tompa!!!

Maybe time for his first GS-title???

Okay, very unrealistic I know, but it´s nice to have dreams;-)))

Okay, maybe unrealistic but I definetely would have nothing against it :devil:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-01-2004, 02:29 PM
are you going to the US Open then?

i wish, but no. i taped the match off my computer, and i can take still shots of TV and stuff.

Aleksa's Laydee
09-01-2004, 02:30 PM
really :eek: cool, can i see them when you take them??
(post something in my yahoo group please :angel: )

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-01-2004, 09:27 PM
is there any way for me to put pictures in here directly from my computer? or is it only pictures from the internet?

Kristen
09-02-2004, 03:23 AM
Yeah, you just click on'manage attachments' when you're replying to a post. But you've got to "Go Advanced" to do it. Then you get to select up to 8 different files from your computer :)

Your pimpim group looks to be going well! You've gotten quite a few new members lately :eek: congrats :)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-02-2004, 03:42 AM
thank you. and now i shall be posting these pictures i promised!

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-02-2004, 03:52 AM
i tried... but it said invalid post or something. am i just a retard?

Kristen
09-02-2004, 03:55 AM
lol maybe!? Nah, im kidding... Maybe it depends on the type of file... Are they jpeg's? It sounds a bit strange :confused:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-02-2004, 03:56 AM
ok, i think i figured it out.

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-02-2004, 03:58 AM
and more. if you like them, i can do more. if not, i won't bother.

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-02-2004, 03:59 AM
sorry about the quality, they just came out that way. if you make them smaller, they don't look as bad.

Kristen
09-02-2004, 04:05 AM
phwoar! :drool:

Thanks for posting them ;)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-02-2004, 04:51 AM
no problem!! just say the word and there'll be more!

Aleksa's Laydee
09-02-2004, 09:34 AM
YUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY :drool::drool:

Aleksa's Laydee
09-03-2004, 08:28 PM
Lets go tompa lets go!! 2-0 :banana:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-03-2004, 10:10 PM
COMEON ENQVIST!!! he's down 2 sets to 1 right now!! i'm getting so mad at him right now! i know he can beat this peya fellow, he just needs to get back into this!!!!!!!!!! yes! he brought it from 15-40 to deuce! now just finish it off! i wish i was at school to watch this!

Aleksa's Laydee
09-03-2004, 10:11 PM
shit hes going down :fiery:

Aleksa's Laydee
09-03-2004, 10:37 PM
OMFG!!!! what the hell happened?? i am so pissed at him right now losing to a NOBODY :fiery:

Mikael84
09-03-2004, 11:26 PM
Over the years.... I still can't get used to Thomas pulling this sort of sh*t...

Now, the USopen.org stats look a bit strange. 8 unforced errors the whole match from Enqvist, and 4 from Peya? hahaha I think those figures should probably be multiplied by 10 or so.

Kristen
09-04-2004, 04:58 AM
Fantastic day for the Austrians. Peya does have a decent game, but I wouldnt have expected this score. 16 63 63 62 Better luck next time Thomas!

SuperFurryAnimal
09-04-2004, 03:25 PM
I am very sad... :sad: Rainer out, now Tompa out also! :hysteric:
Who am I going to cheer for now???? :confused: :scratch:

Aleksa's Laydee
09-04-2004, 06:13 PM
I am very sad... :sad: Rainer out, now Tompa out also! :hysteric:
Who am I going to cheer for now???? :confused: :scratch:
Cheer for pim pim johansson :wavey:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-12-2004, 09:13 PM
Where is Enqvist going next? he's on the list of players for Delray Beach, but not in the single's draw. i'm confused. i wonder what's going on.

Aleksa's Laydee
09-12-2004, 09:54 PM
aah he must have pulled out...was he on the list :confused:

Yoav
09-13-2004, 12:22 AM
aah he must have pulled out...was he on the list :confused:
:sad:

Kristen
09-19-2004, 07:40 AM
Under the photo it reads "Marat Safin and Thomas Enqvist pose with friends near a Mercedes that was raffled off that evening."

Pose with friends!?
Firstly, I hope that these girls aren't their friends (and I'd assume they're there to model the car? Just judging by their skirts, and the look on Marats face.
2-check out the body language of the girl on the right :eek: crossing her legs towards Thomas, bared midriff. Most of all, the shoes!

Poor marat looks lost. Thomas looks like he wants the photo to be taken quickly so he can :tape: continue his conversation with his friend. I don't mean to make any assumptions, but this photo amused me :D

Aleksa's Laydee
09-19-2004, 12:09 PM
yummy thomas...but im sure he has a blonde gf...not the girl in the pic :confused:

Kristen
09-19-2004, 12:53 PM
Yeah I saw him with a pretty blonde in February :yeah:
She looked nice. Pretty, in a respectable, non-skank way ;)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-21-2004, 02:31 AM
i have a quick question... why is thomas's nickname "tompa"? is it something Swedish, or am i missing something really obvious?? like i know thomas johansson's nickname is tojo... for obvious reasons. but why "tompa"?

just curious!

Sommarsverige
09-21-2004, 05:57 AM
I think Tompa is a very normal nickname in Sweden for Thomas.
It´s no story behind it like with Pim Pim.
In fact, I don´t think Tojo is Thomas Johanssons real nickname, cause I think
it came from some English speaking people.
I have heard very often that also Thomas Johansson is called Tompa, especially by the Swedish coaches and his friends among the players.

Kristen
09-21-2004, 02:53 PM
Sommarsverige's right... lol I dont know where ToJo developed, but in the yahoo group in my sig (the Jonas Bjorkman one) we just got lazy and started calling him by that name. ToJo is also known as Toker (meaning 'crazy' apparently) by some of the Swedes. But I'll save more of that for the ToJo thread

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-22-2004, 12:11 AM
thanks guys!! you all are so informative. I love you guys! hehe

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-22-2004, 05:23 AM
aww, i just found these pics on ltmn.com

the 1st one looks older, but i think the 2nd one is ADORABLE!!! the third thing is just something i found that analyzes the writing style of enqvist, Lapentti, and Norman... i found it interesting. lol it's hard to read. if anyone has trouble reading, just tell me and i can type out what each says.

Aleksa's Laydee
09-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Loving the 2nd and 3rd pics :hearts: :inlove:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-22-2004, 05:59 PM
did you read the 3rd? above-average libido? LOL sorry, don't mean to turn into one of *those* kinds of people, but i didn't write it, just posted it, so...

Canuck_Chick
09-23-2004, 12:09 AM
that handwriting analysis is cool :yeah: nice find!!!

Sommarsverige
09-23-2004, 04:36 PM
Where is the site with Magnus, Lapentti and Tompa from???
Did you find it on the web or is it your own???

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-23-2004, 05:31 PM
umm, i'll have to look around for it. I'll get back to you on that one!

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-23-2004, 05:34 PM
k, that didn't take long at all... the website is http://magnus-norman.hk.st/ it's a pretty good website made by a fan of Magnus. there are some great pictures there that i'd never seen.

Sommarsverige
09-24-2004, 11:06 AM
Thanks, I will check it out directly...

enqvistfan
09-30-2004, 09:46 AM
Hey, thanks a lot for posting the news and photos.

I have been to the US OPEN and I saw his 1st and 2nd round. The first round, I was at the top of the Ashe court, so thanks to the Giant Screen !! But, in the second round, I was on a smaller court so great to take pictures, but Thomas unfortunately lost.

All the pics are available, there are other players such as Johansson and some Latinos. You are welcome to visit the albums.

http://public.fotki.com/simplyenqvist/thomas_enqvist/my_personal_picture/

http://public.fotki.com/simplyenqvist/us_open_2004_-_pers/

Valerie

jmgsdoubsprtnr
10-01-2004, 05:11 AM
i just read that he's engaged to a french woman :sad: is this true? i hope it isn't true, although i know it is the right age to get married (past it, actually)

Aleksa's Laydee
10-01-2004, 08:34 AM
i just read that he's engaged to a french woman :sad: is this true? i hope it isn't true, although i know it is the right age to get married (past it, actually)

Oh no!!! where did u read this?? :crying2:

enqvistfan
10-01-2004, 08:42 AM

Yes, her name is Karine. But, it's a long time ago that they are together...

Valérie

Björki
10-01-2004, 08:55 AM
@Valerie
does Thomas know about your website?
if so what did he say about? :)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
10-01-2004, 02:34 PM
this is where i read it: http://enqvist.proboards33.com/index.cgi?board=NEWS&action=display&num=1087211474

you can see for yourselves!

Aleksa's Laydee
10-01-2004, 03:12 PM
aaww bless them....:) *trys to stop being jealous* :lol:

enqvistfan
10-01-2004, 11:08 PM
@Valerie
does Thomas know about your website?
if so what did he say about? :)

Hi Björki,

I think he knows about the website cause through the site, we send him many messages of support. The last one was in Paris, last may, we were there with our swedish flag. At the end of the match, outside the court, before leaving to the locker room, he came to us and shook our hands and said "thank you". I have never spoken to him and said that I created a website so I don't really know what he thinks. I hope he's just happy. The website has 5 years.

Please visit or partipate whenever you want, it's the only website about him updated regularly.

Valérie

PS : Thomas is playing the qualifyings in Lyon. He'll face in the first round, the Frenchman Thierry Ascione. It will be their first meeting. Good luck Thomas :) You're the best !!!

Canuck_Chick
10-02-2004, 04:47 PM
The website is very good Valerie!!! :yeah:
Keep up the good work....
And of course good luck to Thomas in Lyon :)....

enqvistfan
10-02-2004, 07:12 PM
The website is very good Valerie!!! :yeah:
Keep up the good work....
And of course good luck to Thomas in Lyon :)....

Thanks a lot :) Thomas is in the second round in the qualies. Hope he'll qualify. You're right, Rafter is the man. Sad that he retired.

Valérie

Aleksa's Laydee
10-02-2004, 07:37 PM
I want him to qualifiy now as he wont have to face my alex in the final round of quallies....
GOOOOOOOOOOOOO TOMPA!!! :yeah:

Canuck_Chick
10-02-2004, 09:42 PM
Thomas won 6/3 6/2 over Ascione and now he's gonna play Wessels.

Canuck_Chick
10-03-2004, 04:51 PM
Thomas beat Wessels 4/6 7/6 7/5. :)
So now he's in the main draw, but i don't know who he's gonna play...

enqvistfan
10-03-2004, 08:43 PM
Thomas beat Wessels 4/6 7/6 7/5. :)
So now he's in the main draw, but i don't know who he's gonna play...

Thomas is not in the main draw yet. Tomorrow, he'll face Sluiter in the last round of the qualies. Good luck :)

Canuck_Chick
10-03-2004, 09:23 PM
Thomas is not in the main draw yet. Tomorrow, he'll face Sluiter in the last round of the qualies. Good luck :)

ohhh.....oops...thanks for the correction :)
good luck!!!

Aleksa's Laydee
10-03-2004, 09:40 PM
GOOD LUK TOMPA beat the alex beater ;)

Canuck_Chick
10-13-2004, 08:28 PM
Thomas lost to Ulihrach 3/6 6/4 6/4 in the first round in Vienna
:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:
Good luck for the next tourney!!!

jmgsdoubsprtnr
10-13-2004, 08:57 PM
POOP FACE!!! sorry, im angry, and those are the exact words that came out of my mouth when i read that he lost.

Chris-swede
10-14-2004, 07:14 PM
Thomas has a very poor form at the moment. At that is horrible. It is carpet season. Indoor season. He usually played his best Tennis in Oktober and November. If he goes on with this, then it is very fast over with his career!!!

But thank you a lot Tompa!!! You were my favourite player a long time and i was always very motivated myself on the court, when i thought of you!!!

:worship: :worship: :worship:

I have so many newspaper articles on you!!!

jmgsdoubsprtnr
10-14-2004, 09:48 PM
dont talk like that. he will never retire!!!

Canuck_Chick
10-15-2004, 09:51 PM
awww...lol...that was my reaction with rafter :)
i hope Thomas plays a bit longer, so we can give him a proper goodbye...

Kristen
10-16-2004, 03:26 AM
Madrid Quallies round 1:
(5)Thomas Enqvist (SWE) vs Potito Starace (ITA)
:eek:

Chris-swede
10-16-2004, 08:19 AM
Madrid Quallies round 1:
(5)Thomas Enqvist (SWE) vs Potito Starace (ITA)
:eek:

He should beat him but with Tompa everything can happen!

enqvistfan
10-16-2004, 12:32 PM
He should beat him but with Tompa everything can happen!

Good luck Tompa !! Physically, he seems to be good but the problem is mental. If he makes a good result somewhere (maybe in Stockholm), he can come back.

To Chris Swede : If you want to get rid off Thomas' newspapers articles, you can contact me :)

Canuck_Chick
10-16-2004, 03:26 PM
YAY THOMAS!!! :woohoo:
he beat Starace 6/3 2/6 6/4

good luck in the next match vs Mirnyi :eek:
ahhh what a bad draw for both of them :mad:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
10-17-2004, 01:07 AM
GO ENQVIST!! YOU CAN DO IT!

enqvistfan
10-17-2004, 02:04 PM
He unfortunately lost 5/7 6/7, I watched the match on the net and he fought. Mirnyi was too good for Thomas.

Next Stockholm if he's not a lucky loser

Valérie

Chris-swede
10-17-2004, 03:25 PM
Will be hard with a LL, cause Tojo is also there available, so minimum two has to pull out. Thomas is not in great shape at the moment. Hoping for a fair draw in Stockholm, then he can make the semifinals!

Aleksa's Laydee
10-17-2004, 07:53 PM
poor tompa :crying2:

Sommarsverige
10-17-2004, 09:01 PM
Also hoping for Thomas or Thomas as LL.
It doesn¡t matter who of them could come in the tournament, but one more swede would be great.
Tompa had so many chances against Mirnyi in the 2nd set (I think he was leading 5:3, but not sure..)!

Yoav
10-17-2004, 09:56 PM
He unfortunately lost 5/7 6/7, I watched the match on the net and he fought. Mirnyi was too good for Thomas.

Next Stockholm if he's not a lucky loser

Valérie
Thomas :help:
this is awful :(

jmgsdoubsprtnr
10-20-2004, 06:53 PM
i found an old DC picture of tompa... look at his hair!! so adorable!! copyright Elina Mäntylä

enqvistfan
10-22-2004, 09:39 PM
In the Swedish website, tennis.se, it says that Thomas had problems during this practrice in Madrid. The day of his second qualif. round, he wasnt able to practrice on the center court, just because, JCF was practising there. The most important is that JCF has been practricing for 1h30. He doesn"t let Thomas practrice.

Well, I have never liked JCF so I'm not surprised. The funniest thing is that he lost in Madrid very early, 1h30 for nothing, Mosquito.
Hopefully, his season is over...

Aleksa's Laydee
10-23-2004, 03:26 PM
1 Agassi, Andre USA vs Vliegen, Kristof BEL
Arthurs, Wayne AUS vs Björkman, Jonas SWE
Sluiter, Raemon NED vs Schalken, Sjeng NED
Ginepri, Robby USA vs 8 Verdasco, Fernando ESP
4 Haas, Tommy GER vs Q
wc Carlsen, Kenneth DEN vs wc Eleskovic, Ervin SWE
Q vs Rochus, Olivier BEL
Q vs 7 Berdych Tomas CZE
6 Söderling, Robin SWE vs Enqvist, Thomas SWE [B]
Johansson, Thomas SWE vs Malisse, Xavier BEL
Q vs Kohlschreiber, Philipp GER
Calleri, Agustin ARG vs 3 Pavel, Andrei ROM
5 Lopez, Feliciano ESP vs Morrison, Jeff USA
wc Ryderstedt, Michael SWE vs Hernandez, Oscar ESP
Nieminen, Jarkko FIN vs Gambill, Jan-Michael USA
Garcia, Adrian CHI vs 2 Johansson, Joachim SWE

Baaaad 1st round draw

enqvistfan
10-23-2004, 04:15 PM
As you said baaaaaaad draw. Thomas is maybe the unluckiest player regarding his draws. Well, good luck Thomas, you are better than him !!!

Canuck_Chick
10-23-2004, 06:38 PM
i hate this draw :mad:

enqvistsangel
10-24-2004, 10:56 AM
LYCKA TILL TOMPA! KOM IGEN! You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmgsdoubsprtnr
10-25-2004, 03:05 AM
this isn't fair!!! 2 swedes, head to head. i hate it! it's like when Enqvist played JMG in the first round of some tournament (i dont remember which). well, this time it's a bit better cause my liking for Söderling is not fully developed, and Enqvist is by far my favorite player, so GO ENQVIST!!!!!

Chris-swede
10-25-2004, 09:44 AM
I hate it also, i cannot really enjoy it. It is always fine to see a swede winning, but in those cases it is always that a swede also has to lose. That is not nice!

enqvistsangel
10-25-2004, 09:29 PM
LYCKA TILL TOMPA! DU ÄR JU BÄST! KOM IGEN! :)))

enqvistfan
10-25-2004, 09:32 PM
this isn't fair!!! 2 swedes, head to head. i hate it! it's like when Enqvist played JMG in the first round of some tournament (i dont remember which). well, this time it's a bit better cause my liking for Söderling is not fully developed, and Enqvist is by far my favorite player, so GO ENQVIST!!!!!

As JMGdoubsprtnr (complicated your pseudo lol), my liking for Soderling is far to be developped so I hope Thomas will succeed. With the support of his fans, he can do it. Soderling will have the pressure (I hope) as he won a tournament lastly. Nobody will care about Thomas and he can make a great match and beat him. It would be great for him, as he has many points to defend this week.

Well, lets hope a victory tomorrow evening.

GO TOMPA !!!!

jmgsdoubsprtnr
10-26-2004, 07:50 PM
OH NO!! Enqvist is losing right now!! :bigcry: The score is 6-7 1-3... it looks grim for Enqvist!! KEEP FIGHTING!! at least he's losing to a fellow Swede and not some unknown person, or Andy. that makes it not so bad. but i want Tompa to win SO BADLY!! :sobbing:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
10-26-2004, 08:20 PM
:sad: enqvist :sad: i hate it when people say he should retire!! he should never EVER retire!! i think i will truly cry the day he does. i will have nothing to look forward to anymore. :sad:

enqvistfan
10-26-2004, 08:34 PM
:sad: enqvist :sad: i hate it when people say he should retire!! he should never EVER retire!! i think i will truly cry the day he does. i will have nothing to look forward to anymore. :sad:

Oh, terrible !!! I was confident about Thomas' victory. According to the stats, Thomas didn't play bad, he broke in the first game of the match. But Thomas lost the most important points. He doesn't to be ashamed, it's going to pay someday. I'm strongly convinced that he can come back, he will retire someday, but not now, he has some good couple of years to offer to his fans.

For those who said that he should retire, don't forget that Thomas won 19 titles, he has been number 4 in the world and deserves to be respected.

Valérie

Canuck_Chick
10-26-2004, 08:43 PM
poor Thomas :sad:
at least he played well...

enqvistsangel
10-27-2004, 12:35 AM
Click on the link below so you can watch few points of the match:

http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?ramfile=enqvist-soderling.ram&filepath=/content/1/c6/27/46/91/&inCorporationWith=&d=13697&playertitle=26/10+Söderling+besegrade+Enqvist&smallplayer=true

Anyway Thomas did his best but robin played a little better. Anyway we can be proud of Thomas!!!! Come on Thomas!!!!!

jmgsdoubsprtnr
10-27-2004, 12:50 AM
thank you for that!! they both played well, and they probably both know each other's games pretty well because of Davis Cup, so that may or may not have been a factor in the result.

Sommarsverige
10-27-2004, 06:28 AM
Sad that Tompa lost:-(
I think that he had it deserved more than Robin!

jmgsdoubsprtnr
10-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Enqvist: ”I am not able to keep my game together. I thought that I got the match to where I wanted, but then I end up in a downturn when my game doesn't work.”

“This is the way it has been this season. Overall, my game feels good but I'm not winning the important points.”

“I haven't thought about next year. I will evaluate this season when it is over.”

WHAT?!?! he better be thinking/preparing for next year!!!!

Kristen
10-27-2004, 03:19 PM
LOL... I wish he would remember what I said to him at the airport in Adelaide this year :rolleyes: , that he was playing beautiful tennis (ok not my exact words, but I told him he was playing awesome tennis). I don't know. I mean, he should think about the future, but he should give it a little while longer. I don't know if he still has a chance at winning titles, but as long as he's not having to qualify for his events, he's doing ok. I guess that 'line' is getting a little blurred now :(

I like the guy. I want my "fellow Piscean" Swede to stay on tour ^_^

jmgsdoubsprtnr
10-27-2004, 05:56 PM
gah!! i know! and it's not like he's had a totally unsuccessful year. he did beat safin at the USO, so he still has the ability to beat big, highly-ranked players. he just needs to remember that. maybe he just can't beat Söderling for some reason.

enqvistfan
10-27-2004, 08:36 PM
I notice that this year, Thomas had good results against high-ranked players and he lost mostly against players he has never met. I think he still have the tennis, he only needs a "little something" to win the important points. As you said, his year is not dramatic, he's only 74 in the atp ranking this week (lower next week). It's better than last year, he was n° 130 at a moment.

Well, I hope he'll play the qualies in Paris. If he'll play, I'll go to see his matches. Let you know.

Valérie

enqvistfan
10-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Thomas Enqvist will play the qualifyings of Paris/Bercy and will face in the first round, the Frenchman Lisnard. Go Tompa !! His "French fanclub" will be there to support him. I hope to come back tomorrow evening to give good news.

Valérie

Canuck_Chick
10-29-2004, 08:25 PM
Good Luck Tompa!!!
:woohoo:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
10-29-2004, 08:56 PM
COME ON ENQVIST!! make it to the main draw!!!!!

enqvistfan
10-30-2004, 08:24 PM
Thomas won his first round of the qualies in Paris. He defeated the Frenchman Jean-René Lisnard in straigthts sets 6/2 6/3.
Next round against the Frenchman Haenhel.

Thomas played very well, powerful tennis, great serve. He was impressived.
I had the chance to be there with other fans. We had the chance at the end of the match to take some pics with him. In Stockholm, a friend, gave him support messages, he liked a lot. He mentionned my website and said that it was very nice.

At the end of the match, we took pics with him, mainly thanks to his girlfiriend we met before the match. It was a great moment. I finally have my picture with Thomas after....14 years of support.

Valérie
who is going to make sweet dreams :)

Canuck_Chick
10-30-2004, 09:31 PM
GOOD JOB TOMPA!!! :woohoo:
Val, sounds like you had a lot of fun! It must have been cool to meet Tompa and his girlfriend. :yeah: and you finally got a pic taken with him!!!

jmgsdoubsprtnr
10-31-2004, 03:04 AM
sounds like fun! hope you took a lot of pics of him in action too! did he recognize you, or did you tell him that you have a website for him? do you know anything about him and his girlfriend being engaged? hehe, sorry for all the questions! hope you're having fun!

GO ENQVIST!!!

enqvistfan
10-31-2004, 05:06 AM
sounds like fun! hope you took a lot of pics of him in action too! did he recognize you, or did you tell him that you have a website for him? do you know anything about him and his girlfriend being engaged? hehe, sorry for all the questions! hope you're having fun!

GO ENQVIST!!!

Yes, it was fun. The problem in the Paris Indoor is that we can't take very good photos. I took some during the warm up, but during the match, the flashes are forbidden. I'll take other pics today, hope they'll be good.

Yes, he recognised us yesterday (we were the only ones to support him) and as we talked with his girlfriend. Now, he knows us officially. I hope that this support will boost him. I think (and I'm objective) that he can qualify for the main draw. His tennis was very good yesterday. And, we're going to do our best to help him (mentally). He needs the support of his fans. *

Yes, I think they are engaged.

I'll try to write a message this evening if I don't come back late. It's the last match of the day today.

Valérie

Sommarsverige
10-31-2004, 07:18 PM
Great Val.
I also hope Tompa will make it to the main draw!

A friend of mine is also in Paris, but she is Gaston Gaudio fan, so I think you maybe did not meet her...
An e-mail to you will follow, so much to tell you!

Chris-swede
10-31-2004, 08:00 PM
Tompa qualified after a very hard match vs Haehnel. Now vs Monfils in 1st round, then a very tough 2nd round. But at least he qualified, will help him a little bit!

Chris-swede
11-01-2004, 05:15 PM
What a bad loss for Enqvist today, leading 6-1, 2-2 and a break point for him and then he nearly could get any service game together. That was the tragic end of an tragic season. He was not so bad at all this year but so many things went really wrong for him. Take a time off now Tompa and get your head back on track. Your nerves are not the best anymore!

Canuck_Chick
11-01-2004, 10:54 PM
:sad: Tompa..
I hope things go better for him next season. He is still playing good tennis...

enqvistfan
11-02-2004, 02:07 PM
Hi Birte,

I don't know if I saw your friend. I haven't seen a lot of fans of Gaudio. I saw him very fast yesterday morning and no time to take any pics for you.
I was at Thomas' first round, in the VIP. We got tickets thanks to Tompa and Carine (his girlfriend). It was very nice from them and we won't forget that week-end even if Thomas lost unfortunately but we spent many great moments. Hopefully, because Bercy was sold out. Yesterday was a bank holiday in France and they were a lot of people. I have also a lot to tell you. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Valérie

jmgsdoubsprtnr
11-02-2004, 02:29 PM
thats awesome! what a nice guy, to give you tickets!

Chris-swede
11-02-2004, 04:16 PM
Tompa is a very fine guy! And also Carine! Thanks Val for the news!!!

Canuck_Chick
11-02-2004, 08:52 PM
that's very nice of Tompa and Carine! Glad u had a nice time Val and thanks for the update!!!

enqvistfan
11-25-2004, 06:42 PM
At the moment, Thomas Enqvist is playing with his tennis club and yesterday, his club defeated the club of Uppsala 5 victories to 1. Thomas won his match easily 6/3 6/0. Magnus Norman, Rydestedt and Soderling were there to watch the different matches.

Tomorrow, the club of Stockholm will face the club of Helsingborg. Good luck !!!

Thomas will play in Adelaide starting on Jan. 3rd.

Valérie

Sommarsverige
11-26-2004, 06:30 AM
Val, how do you know Magnus was there? :confused:
Please tell me...

enqvistfan
11-26-2004, 06:12 PM
Val, how do you know Magnus was there? :confused:
Please tell me...

Just read the article at this website :

http://www2.unt.se/avd/1,1786,MC=4-AV_ID=363138,00.html

Thomas won't play the match today due to family reasons.

http://hd.se/senastenytt/sporten/detalj.shtml?id=25269

Sommarsverige
11-27-2004, 12:43 PM
Thanks so much!

enqvistfan
12-05-2004, 07:31 PM
Thomas Enqvist and his club KLTK won the Swedish Championships today. Simon Aspelin was part of the team.

Congratulations !!!

Next for Thomas : the Scandic Challenge in Malmö next week

Valérie

Sommarsverige
12-06-2004, 07:14 PM
Great news, Val!
But I cannot understand that you can´t find a photo with the winning team in any of the Swedish papers. The Swedish media should show some more interest in Elitserien!

enqvistfan
12-07-2004, 06:21 PM
Yes, it's very difficult to find a picture of the winning team holding the trophee and I'm searching you know as you can imagine !!

Well, this week is the Scandic Challenge. I'd have liked to be there. Thomas played two matches today vs Ryderstedt and vs Bjorkman, but can't find the scores. And tomorrow, he'll play a mixed double with Sofia Arvidsson.

The other players are Mats Wilander (another reason why I'd have liked to be there), Magnus Gustafsson and Magnus Larsson. So, great players to watch !!!

If you have any news Sommar Sverige, please tell me !!

Valérie

Sommarsverige
12-07-2004, 10:14 PM
Hi Val,

the results of the Scandic Challenge are on tennis.se, but I will post the article:

Enqvist och Larsson till final i Scandic Challenge

Tisdagens inledande matcher i Scandic Challenge bjöd på mycket trevlig tennis och stor underhållning av både nuvarande och forna världsspelare.

Först ut var de spelare i den icke aktiva gruppen bestående av Mats Wilander, Magnus Larsson och Magnus Gustafsson. Wilander fick det svårt i sina matcher, förlust mot Larsson i första matchen med 4-6. Magnus Larsson som verkade spelsugen vann även sin följande match mot ”Gusten”. Resultatet blev 6-3 och Larsson stod därmed som gruppsegrare. Den avslutande gruppspelsmatchen mellan Gustafsson och Wilander slutade 6-4 i ”Gustens” favör.

Efter en kort paus och uppträdande av Freestyle Phanatix var det dags för den aktiva gruppen. I första matchen ställdes Thomas Enqvist, nybliven elitserievinnare med KLTK, mot 20-åriga Michael Ryderstedt. Det blev en spännande uppgörelse där Enqvist var den starkare av dom och vann i tiebreak.

Sen var det dags för Sveriges stora tennisentertainer Jonas Björkman att entra scenen. I matchen mot Enqvist plockade han fram några av sina kända imitationer av konkurrenterna. Enqvist svarade med att göra Björkmans sk Brysselsteg. Matchen då? Den slutade med seger för Enqvist 6-4. Ungtuppen i gruppen Ryderstedt stod bra upp mot Björkman i sista matchen men orkade inte hela vägen. Björkman vann med 7-6.

Onsdagens matcher blir en spännande uppgörelse då icke aktiva ställs mot aktiva. Det blir bl a intressant att se hur Wilander håller mot de yngre, då han för första gången på mycket länge ställs mot en aktiv ATP-spelare. Dagen inleds med uppvisning i rullstolstennis innan det blir en mixed mellan Sofia Arvidsson/ Thomas Enqvist och Michaela Johansson/ Jonas Björkman.

So Tompa has won both matches, the first against Ryderstedt and the other against Jonas. He will play Magnus Larsson tomorrow in the final and later on he will play the mixed.
But I think you can translate it from the text above, or?

Val, unfortunately I don´t have the time to search the web for pics, please tell me if you find any. I wont have much time the next days to post here, because I will be in Berlin... ;)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
12-07-2004, 10:33 PM
thank you sommar! it's great to hear that thomas is winning in the off-season, hopefully getting prepared for next year. he beat an up-and-comer and a fellow "old" guy! yay! go tompa!

enqvistfan
12-08-2004, 11:22 AM
Thanks Sommar. I found the article from tennis.se before going to this forum. Thomas def. Rydestedt with a tie-break and Jonas with a 6/4.
So, even if I like Magnus Larsson, I admit that I wish all the best to Thomas. Even, if the matches he plays at the moment are not official, the matches will give him confidence to start the year 2005.

Good luck Thomas for this afternoon !!!

Valérie

jmgsdoubsprtnr
12-08-2004, 02:18 PM
happy 100th post val!

Aphex
12-08-2004, 03:34 PM
Sw. teletext says Magnus "Mr Fit" Larsson will be Thomas' new coach.
http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=21318&a=299259

enqvistfan
12-08-2004, 07:37 PM
happy 100th post val!

Thanks JMG !!

Thomas lost the final of the Scandic Challenge today 7/6 against Magnus Larsson. The other news is that Magnus Larsson will be the new coach of Thomas. They'll start their cooperation in Adelaide, then, Sydney and Melbourne. [source : Sportal.nu and Smaalandsporten]

Good luck to Thomas and Magnus. I hope Thomas will be back on top, he deserves it.

Valérie

enqvistfan
12-08-2004, 07:39 PM
Sw. teletext says Magnus "Mr Fit" Larsson will be Thomas' new coach.
http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=21318&a=299259

thanks Aphex, there's also the same quotes with longer article on www.smp.se and sportal.nu

Valérie

Sommarsverige
12-08-2004, 08:41 PM
Cool, this is really great news that Magnus will be Tompas new coach:-)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
12-08-2004, 09:16 PM
yay! success to tompa! it's kinda funny that his new coach beat him.

Kristen
12-09-2004, 04:27 AM
:lol: Thomas is going to the same tournaments as me!
I'll be *stalking* him and a few others, so as soon as the pics are on my computer, I'll post them :yeah:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
12-09-2004, 05:05 AM
take lots of pics for me!!!

oh, and yell at him for not signing an autograph for me (his biggest fan) in Indy!!! (I was the girl in the front row with the swedish flag and the shirt that said "I heart enqvist") :lol:

Kristen
12-09-2004, 05:23 AM
I'll be going nuts in Adelaide! lol I'll probably fill up the memory stick in the digital camera, and go through a couple of rolls of film :eek:
At least, if I do this, I'll have 2 days at home before the Sydney tournament. Plenty of time to upload and edit the pics onto the computer :yeah:

I'll be at:
January 1-5 : Adelaide tournament (qualifying + first 3 days)
January 8-12 : Sydney tournament (qualifying + first 4 days)
January 13-22(at least!): Aus Open (qualifying + first 5 days at least)

I probably wont post a "LOT" here during these tournaments, I'm more likely to post Swedish related material in the yahoo group:
www.groups.yahoo.com/group/swedishtennis

enqvistfan
12-10-2004, 06:43 PM
Have fun !!! Hope you'll have a good time.

This year, I'm supposed to go to the first round of the DC France-Sweden, the qualifs and practrices of Monte-Carlo, Roland-Garros (practrice+2 first two rounds), then, I don't know, maybe Stockholm.

Good luck to Thomas for the Australian season !!

Valérie

I'll be going nuts in Adelaide! lol I'll probably fill up the memory stick in the digital camera, and go through a couple of rolls of film :eek:
At least, if I do this, I'll have 2 days at home before the Sydney tournament. Plenty of time to upload and edit the pics onto the computer :yeah:

I'll be at:
January 1-5 : Adelaide tournament (qualifying + first 3 days)
January 8-12 : Sydney tournament (qualifying + first 4 days)
January 13-22(at least!): Aus Open (qualifying + first 5 days at least)

I probably wont post a "LOT" here during these tournaments, I'm more likely to post Swedish related material in the yahoo group:
www.groups.yahoo.com/group/swedishtennis

Björki
12-11-2004, 08:27 AM
val do you already know on which surface the DC tie will be?

enqvistfan
12-18-2004, 05:36 PM
val do you already know on which surface the DC tie will be?

It will be on clay. We heard the news this week.
Thomas is maybe the best Swede on clay so we maybe have a hope to see him play on this surface.

Valérie

jmgsdoubsprtnr
12-19-2004, 06:25 AM
yay! go tompa and clay!

Sommarsverige
12-19-2004, 11:00 PM
I also hope Tompa will play ;)
I mean, he can only get better and better with his new coach in 2005, or?

jmgsdoubsprtnr
12-20-2004, 10:28 PM
I also hope Tompa will play ;)
I mean, he can only get better and better with his new coach in 2005, or?
of course sommar!! Tompa rules!!! :woohoo:

Kristen
12-24-2004, 01:01 AM
Could someone possibly translate the important points of this interview for me? Or direct me to a decent free translator online? I think the last three questions look interesting? lol thanks! :wavey:

Enqvist hoppas bli mer jämn
23. december 2004 14:14 (http://sportal.nu/nyheder.asp?nyheder_id=36080)

Efter ett resultatmässigt mediokert tennisår tar Thomas Enqvist nya tag inför 2005. Hans mål inför det nya året är att bli jämnare i sitt spel och inte falla ned i de många svackorna.

Australian Open-finalisten från 1999, Thomas Enqvist, har hunnit fylla 30 år men har ännu inga tankar på att lägga tennisracketet på hyllan. Sportal fick en intervju med tennisstjärnan inför det nya året och Australian Open 17-30 januari.

Hur ser du på året som varit med lite distans?
- De har inte varit de resultaten jag hoppats på, men samtidigt har jag visat att mitt spel matchar upp mot de bästa, som Safin och Roddick. Problemet är att jag har varit för ojämn och inte lyckats hålla uppe mitt spel en hel match.

Vad är du mest nöjd med 2004?
- Att jag trots att det gått trögt jobbat på och fått mig själv i fysisk form. Ibland kommer resultaten lite senare och det hoppas jag att de gör 2005.

Vilka mål har du satt upp inför 2005?
- Som jag sa tidigare, mitt stora mål är att bli mycket jämnare och inte ha de här svackorna.

Dina chanser i årets upplaga av Australian Open?
- Det är ett nytt år och alla startar på noll. För min egen del har jag haft en bra uppbyggnadsträning och eftersom jag ska spela turneringen i Adeleide innan är förhoppningsvis formen peakad till Australian Open. Jag hoppas förstås gå riktigt, riktigt långt.

Australian Open passar dig!
- Ja, jag har varit i final och i kvarten två gånger. Det är ett underlag som passar mig bra och mitt spel verkar alltid bita bra där.

Vem vinner årets första Grand Slam?
- Det är svårt att inte säga Federer med tanke på att han dominerat i år. Han får bära det stora favoritskapet naturligtvis. Han är en fantastisk, en komplett talang.

Magnus Larsson följer med till Australien som din nye tränare jämte Mikael Tillström. Vad kan han tillföra?
- Magnus var en väldigt smart spelare på touren som hade en förmåga att hitta öppningar. Där hoppas jag få lite tips. Dessutom spelar han ju bra fortfarande och är bra sparring.

Du är 30 år. Hur länge tänker du fortsätta?
- Så länge det är roligt. Det är huvudskälet. Jag tar ett år i taget och ska jag vara riktigt ärlig var det nära att jag slutade efter 2003, men nu ser jag nästa år som en utmaning.

Vad säger du om uppstickarna inom svensk tennis, Robin Söderling och Pim-Pim Johansson?
- Det ser bra ut för svensk tennis. Vi har en förmåga att alltid ha någon eller ett par spelare som gör resultat däruppe. Jag tycker aldrig att det varit någon panik för svensk tennis framtid.

jmgsdoubsprtnr
12-24-2004, 02:53 AM
there are no free online Swedish to English translators... i looked long and hard for one, cause there are so many things that i'd like to read from the swedish websites. i guess the only good translators are the kind people that translate for us! :hug: hugs for our Swedish translators!!! :hug:

enqvistfan
12-24-2004, 04:37 PM
I posted a translation of the article on my website this afternoon. You can check the main points there.

Valérie

PS : As I said, I'm far to be fluent in Swedish, so hope it will be understandable.

jmgsdoubsprtnr
12-24-2004, 11:23 PM
thank you SOOO much Val!! i love reading news about my favorite player(s)!!!

enqvistfan
12-25-2004, 08:03 AM
thank you SOOO much Val!! i love reading news about my favorite player(s)!!!

You know where to go now :-)

Merry Christmas for everyone !!! Hope Santa Claus has been nice !!

Kristen
12-25-2004, 08:09 AM
Thanks Val :worship:
Santa (me. I'm wearing a red aus open jumper) bought me tickets to three of the aussie mens tournaments! 4 hours til boxing day! :D

Merry Christmas Europe, and the Americas!

enqvistfan
01-02-2005, 01:53 PM
First round for Thomas in Adelaide : Vs Sluiter.
The match will be tomorrow.

Valérie
Go Enqvist !!!!

Kristen
01-03-2005, 08:40 AM
Val, he was BRILLIANT! I don't know what Magnus has done, but the Thomas I saw today, was a different one to 2003/2004 (except dc 2004 ;) that was awesome too!)

Aleksa's Laydee
01-03-2005, 09:56 AM
:eek: really? that sounds exciting

:woohoo: tompa :D

enqvistfan
01-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Val, he was BRILLIANT! I don't know what Magnus has done, but the Thomas I saw today, was a different one to 2003/2004 (except dc 2004 ;) that was awesome too!)

Thanks a lot Kristen. It's great if he's back. I hope we'll have a new Thomas !!! Have fun there !!!

Congrats Thomas !!!

Valérie

Canuck_Chick
01-03-2005, 07:35 PM
great news for Thomas!! :yeah:
keep it up :woohoo:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
01-04-2005, 12:43 AM
YES!!! he's off to a GREAT start then!! :woohoo: i just hope he can keep it up and keep winning! who does he play next? kristen, i hope you took lots of pics? he's looking good as usual i presume?

GO TOMPA!

Kristen
01-04-2005, 10:11 AM
plenty of pics. He looks divine ;)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
01-04-2005, 05:48 PM
yay! can't wait to see them! they have a few at getty if anyone wants to check it out.

Aleksa's Laydee
01-04-2005, 06:11 PM
*checks them out*

Sommarsverige
01-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Great Tompa ;)
I am sure this will be a fantastic year for him!

Canuck_Chick
01-04-2005, 08:11 PM
0o0o....looking forward to the pics Kristen ;)

enqvistfan
01-05-2005, 06:19 AM
Thomas in the quarters. He defeated Mayer 6/3 6/3. Great, congrats Thomas !!! Next : Johansson or Malisse
Go Thomas !! You are the best Swede !!!!

Valérie

enqvistfan
01-05-2005, 11:26 AM
So, Enqvist will face Joachim Johansson in the quarters. Good luck Thomas !!!
It would be great for him to be back in a tournament where he has good memories.

You're the best !!!

Valérie

Aleksa's Laydee
01-05-2005, 02:11 PM
well done thomas...good win...shame he now has to play pim pim :fiery:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
01-06-2005, 04:03 AM
i wish i could witness this awesome matchup. sorry pim pim, but i'm loyal to tompa! GO ENQVIST!

Kristen
01-07-2005, 05:04 AM
Joachim Johansson def. Thomas Enqvist 6-3, 4-6, 6-1

enqvistfan
01-07-2005, 06:17 AM
Joachim Johansson def. Thomas Enqvist 6-3, 4-6, 6-1

Sad he lost, hope that he played well. The most important is that he's back. Where will he play next week ? I think he doesn't enter directly in the main draw in Sydney and it's maybe too late to make the qualies there. Any news ?

Valérie

Kristen
01-07-2005, 06:44 AM
Sad he lost, hope that he played well. The most important is that he's back. Where will he play next week ? I think he doesn't enter directly in the main draw in Sydney and it's maybe too late to make the qualies there. Any news ?

Valérie

Maybe he can get SE? Who knows...
Mens qualifying starts at 9 or 10am(I think) tomorrow.

Aleksa's Laydee
01-07-2005, 08:10 AM
well played thomas though

Björki
01-07-2005, 08:18 AM
no SE for Thomas I believe. Probably for Albert Costa.
Kiefer and Haas are out, maybe Max too. Thomas is 7th
on the alternate list. So it looks not bad for him.

jmgsdoubsprtnr
01-31-2005, 05:59 AM
Tompa's next tournament is Milan, where his 1st rd. opponent is #2 seeded Ivan Ljubicic of Croatia. GO TOMPA!!!

Sommarsverige
01-31-2005, 08:04 PM
Kom igen Tompa!

jmgsdoubsprtnr
01-31-2005, 10:54 PM
did you know...

that tompa's real first name is Karl? his full name is Karl Johan Thomas Enqvist.

just a little fact (unless the article i read was wrong)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-01-2005, 04:56 AM
tompa lost 5-7 3-6 :sad: better luck next time! maybe i should start rooting against him!

enqvistsangel
02-01-2005, 03:16 PM
It's so sad :''( Anyway I ain't afraid cuz I'm sure he plays better soon! But hope he'll do that before DC tie: I want to see him playing in Strasbourg! Come on Thomas!