MLB Tuesday - 4/4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

MLB Tuesday - 4/4

TwistyServe
04-04-2006, 07:26 AM
I'm liking Yankees over Athletics @2.080 but... im not sure i should get involved on MLB.. its sooooooo boring :lol:

Taken:

Yankees ML @2.080, 1 unit

Freeze17171
04-04-2006, 08:37 AM
MLB Seasonal Record: 3-1 (+1.89 units)
ML: 2-1 (+0.89 units)
O/U: 1-0 (+1 unit)

Minnesota Twins @ Toronto Blue Jays (-121) - 1.5 units
It is hard betting against Johan Santana, but looking at the guy who he is facing makes it a lot easier. Halladay is right there behind him as far as the best starter in the AL. Halladay is 4-0 career against the Twins, with a 2.17 ERA, 0.91 WHIP, and .204 BAA. Last year he pitched a 2 hit shutout against them. Santana is most vulnerable in the beginning of the season, as April and May are his worst months while he is relatively lights out past the All-Star Break. Toronto is the most hyped team in the AL, and with good reason. Ryan is an elite closer, Glaus adds major power to the lineup, Overbay is a consistently solid hitter, and Molina is a good hitting catcher as well as a good backstop and handles pitchers well. Vernon Wells is poised to have a great season as well with a good supporting cast. The Twins aren't nearly the offensive threat the Jays are. Hunter, Mauer, and an inconsistent Morneau lead a decent but non-overpowering lineup. This is the most excited Toronto has been about baseball in years, with Doc on the hill, look for the Jays to give the fans something to cheer about.

coreyschucky
04-04-2006, 05:46 PM
MLB YTD: 7-0 (+7 units)
ML: 5-0 (+5 unit)
RL: 0-0 (Even)
O/U: 2-0 (+2 units)

1* Minnesota Twins/Toronto Blue Jays Over 6 (-155) - 7:15 PM

5Dimes offers the extensive O/U numbers and I'm happy to take this line at 6. Maybe later in the season these two will be dominant starters but this early the hitters should be a little ahead of both starters. Toronto has a formidable lineup and Johann's first start won't be easy. Just think these two can combine for more then 6 runs. I'm figuring at least 9 runs in this one.

1* Milwaukee Brewers ML (-160) Over Pittsburgh Pirates - 8:05 PM

I'm very high on the Brew Crew this season as is most. Tonight the Brewers face there former team member in Victor Santos who had just a horrid spring training. Capuano wasn't much better for the Brewers but did show improvement in his last warmup. Overall the Brewers are the better team and they should edge the Pirates here tonight.

1* Boston Red Sox/Texas Rangers Over 9.5 (-155) - 8:05 PM

Two offensive teams here. Both pitchers were pretty good during Spring Training but face difficult lineups here. This is a good number for these two team as both will get around the 5 or 6 run range. Once again with 5Dimes offering lower O/U options I don't mind taking it when I feel that both teams will produce. Batters are still ahead of the pitchers and that should help in Arlington this evening.

1* Atlanta Braves/Los Angeles Dodgers Over 6.5 (-155) - 10:10 PM

With Smoltz and Penny on the mound anything can happen. These two can be lights out and play this game to a 2-1 or 3-2 type of ending but after watching these two offenses yesterday I think that both are full capable to get over the low number offered by 5Dimes. Atlanta's offense is deadly with the likes Andruw, Chipper, Jeff and Marcus. LA showed some pop as well especially getting to Atlanta's bullpen. Just think this has a good shot at going over and I'll go with it.

Good Luck to All!!!!

Freeze17171
04-04-2006, 07:17 PM
Nice picks, I got Boston/Texas Over 10 also. Two powerhouse lineups hitting in a launching pad and these teams covered 10 runs yesterday against superior pitching.. Wakefield hasn't fared well at Arlington losing 8 of his last 10 there. Padilla has been far from impressive his last two years at Philly, and moving to the AL and a hitter friendly ballpark isn't going to help him. I don't see either of these pitchers containing the lineups they are facing.

bad gambler
04-04-2006, 10:11 PM
I like the Jays as well today, actually playing them on the RL, pays +184

gl

Freeze17171
04-05-2006, 03:17 AM
Thank you Rod Barajas!

Jays came through for us today, good job guys! :)

bad gambler
04-05-2006, 01:12 PM
MLB YTD: 7-0 (+7 units)
ML: 5-0 (+5 unit)
RL: 0-0 (Even)
O/U: 2-0 (+2 units)

1* Minnesota Twins/Toronto Blue Jays Over 6 (-155) - 7:15 PM

5Dimes offers the extensive O/U numbers and I'm happy to take this line at 6. Maybe later in the season these two will be dominant starters but this early the hitters should be a little ahead of both starters. Toronto has a formidable lineup and Johann's first start won't be easy. Just think these two can combine for more then 6 runs. I'm figuring at least 9 runs in this one.

1* Milwaukee Brewers ML (-160) Over Pittsburgh Pirates - 8:05 PM

I'm very high on the Brew Crew this season as is most. Tonight the Brewers face there former team member in Victor Santos who had just a horrid spring training. Capuano wasn't much better for the Brewers but did show improvement in his last warmup. Overall the Brewers are the better team and they should edge the Pirates here tonight.

1* Boston Red Sox/Texas Rangers Over 9.5 (-155) - 8:05 PM

Two offensive teams here. Both pitchers were pretty good during Spring Training but face difficult lineups here. This is a good number for these two team as both will get around the 5 or 6 run range. Once again with 5Dimes offering lower O/U options I don't mind taking it when I feel that both teams will produce. Batters are still ahead of the pitchers and that should help in Arlington this evening.

1* Atlanta Braves/Los Angeles Dodgers Over 6.5 (-155) - 10:10 PM

With Smoltz and Penny on the mound anything can happen. These two can be lights out and play this game to a 2-1 or 3-2 type of ending but after watching these two offenses yesterday I think that both are full capable to get over the low number offered by 5Dimes. Atlanta's offense is deadly with the likes Andruw, Chipper, Jeff and Marcus. LA showed some pop as well especially getting to Atlanta's bullpen. Just think this has a good shot at going over and I'll go with it.

Good Luck to All!!!!

The man is on fire, keep it rolling corey

SadrieL
04-05-2006, 01:14 PM
KING COREY MIDAS

hawker
04-05-2006, 02:25 PM
geez corey this is exceptional stuff mate.

Whats your records been like other years on MLB?

11-0 start well done.

coreyschucky
04-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Thanks Guys...Good Luck!!!!

Hawker - I really don't remember what it was last season or other years. There are good ones and bad ones. Thanks and Good Luck!!!!