David at home "Valencia 2008" [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

David at home "Valencia 2008"

FerrersLinda
04-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Can't start these threads early enough. Have really gotten the feeling that our David is back and hopefully can win this one this year.

Main Draw
Andreev, Igor RUS 26
Bracciali, Daniele ITA
Davydenko, Nikolay RUS
Dlouhy, Lukas CZE
Ferrer, David ESP
# Ferrero, Juan Carlos ESP
# Gaudio, Gaston ARG
Hernych, Jan CZE
Lopez, Feliciano ESP
Malisse, Xavier BEL
Martin, Alberto ESP
Mayer, Florian GER
Pashanski, Boris SCG
Pavel, Andrei ROM
Phau, Bjorn GER
Ramirez Hidalgo, Ruben ESP
Rochus, Cristophe BEL
Sanguinetti, Davide ITA
Seppi, Andreas, ITA
Simon, Gilles FRA
Tursunov, Dmitry RUS
Verdasco, Fernando ESP
Vik, Robin CZE
Volandri, Filippo ITA
Zib, Tomas CZE

# not confirmed yet.

No Olivier Rochus, thank you tennisgods! ;)

alisia
04-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Marat Safin has got a wild card.

My mum & dad are going to go for a couple of days whilst they are on holiday, and of course they will be told to take photos. :devil:

FerrersLinda
04-01-2006, 05:41 PM

Kinda expected that. I love it when my two favorite tennismen get together. ;) Doesn't he also train there?

Sue
04-01-2006, 10:46 PM
Vamos in Valencia David!!!

Your mum and dad are well trained then alisia! lol!

bavaria100
04-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Good luck for the tourney in Valencia David!

LaTenista
04-02-2006, 06:06 AM
Can't start these threads early enough. Have really gotten the feeling that our David is back and hopefully can win this one this year.

I have a bottle of Spanish red wine that's going to be :drink: as soon as David wins a title.

Puedes hacerlo, David!

Eléa
04-03-2006, 07:44 AM
I first went here to wish good luck to David but something upset me: My GG is not confirmed :eek: why??? :scared:

Anyway, good luck David :angel:

*Ljubica*
04-03-2006, 12:45 PM
I have a bottle of Spanish red wine that's going to be :drink: as soon as David wins a title.

Puedes hacerlo, David!
I think you should bring it to RG and share it with us when he wins that title :) But in the meantime - Good Luck in Valencia David :)

LaTenista
04-03-2006, 06:42 PM
I think you should bring it to RG and share it with us when he wins that title :) But in the meantime - Good Luck in Valencia David :)

I'd love to share my wine. :angel: But I'll only be in Paris the first week of the tournament. :sad:

FerrersLinda
04-04-2006, 03:37 PM
I first went here to wish good luck to David but something upset me: My GG is not confirmed :eek: why??? :scared:

Anyway, good luck David :angel:

Looks like your GG is now confirmed. Good luck to him too, but not to much because David has got to win this one. It's only fair, the boy lives there.

*Ljubica*
04-04-2006, 05:40 PM
I'd love to share my wine. :angel: But I'll only be in Paris the first week of the tournament. :sad:
So will I - we'll just have to celebrate early!!!

RogiFan88
04-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Have fun in Valencia -- wish I were there... my "city" in Spain. ;)

RogiFan88
04-04-2006, 06:45 PM

My mum & dad are going to go for a couple of days whilst they are on holiday, and of course they will be told to take photos. :devil:

Are you sure of that? When I posted about it in the Safin forum, nobody believed me even tho I posted a link to a Spanish paper at the time...

:p

Anyway, Alisia, we look forward to seeing those pix! Valencia really is getting better and better every year! ;)

FerrersLinda
04-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Are you sure of that? When I posted about it in the Safin forum, nobody believed me even tho I posted a link to a Spanish paper at the time...

It's true. On the official site of the tourney it says he is confirmed.
www.open-comunidad-valenciana.com

RogiFan88
04-05-2006, 03:18 AM
It's true. On the official site of the tourney it says he is confirmed.

Thanks, FerrersLinda, I already know it's true... just getting some outside confirmation! ;)

RogiFan88
04-05-2006, 03:20 AM
BTW, wouldn't it be fantastic if David could win Valencia this year? fingers crossed... ;)

alisia
04-08-2006, 03:27 PM
DAVYDENKO, Nikolay vs HERNYCH Jan
GARCIA LOPEZ, Guilermo vs LOPEZ Feliciano
STARACE Potito vs DLOUHY Lukas
MARTIN Alberto vs VERDASCO Fernando

FERRER Davis vs Q
RAMIREZ-HIDALGO Ruben vs SEPPI Andreas
SIMON Giles vs VIK Robin
SANGUINETTI Davide vs TURSUNOV Dmitry

VOLANDRI Fillippo vs Q
ZIB Tomas vs PAVEL Andrey
Q vs PHAU Bjorn
Q vs FERRERO Juan Carlos

ANDREEV Igor vs SAFIN Marat
COSTA Albert vs PASHANSKI Boris
MAYER Florian vs BURNIOL Guilern
SLUITER Raemon vs GAUDIO Gaston

sonia
04-08-2006, 05:43 PM
Davis? :confused: haha ;)

VAMOS DAVID!!! :bigclap:

FerrersLinda
04-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Not a really great draw for David, not to bad either, I mean he could have been playing Safin in R1. :eek: definitely not a good draw for the tournament, they either loose the defending champ(Andreev) or a big crowd favorite(Safin) in R1. If Andreev makes it past Safin I see a replay of last years final, with David as the winner this time! :bounce:

RogiFan88
04-08-2006, 09:45 PM
Draw ceremony today:

http://www.open-comunidad-valenciana.com/photos/06_draw_hp.jpg

Fergie
04-09-2006, 03:40 AM
Vamos David! :bounce:

Eléa
04-09-2006, 11:56 AM
I don't really think it's a bad draw for David.. it's not the same for "my man", he could face Safin in quarter :sad:

Anyway, David will play in double too, with Guillermo Garcia-Lopez, their first opponents are Garcia/Prieto...

*Ljubica*
04-09-2006, 12:23 PM
Good Luck David :bounce:

RogiFan88
04-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Guess who's blogging this week?

Sunday, April 9, 2006

After Miami I went straight to my home in Xavia, 120 kilometers south of Valencia and rested for a couple of days. I just rested and spent some time out with some friends and family in my town. It was nice since it was my birthday this week also. We ate a lot of paella!

Last night, I watched Valencia (football) vs. Celta with some friends. Valencia won 1-0, which is great bacause they are second in the league. And tonight I'll be watching Barcelona vs. Santander.

It is great to be back in Valencia; I really enjoy this tournament, I feel more relaxed and motivated with so many people I know around supporting me.

Today, my coach Javi Piles had me practicing with Alberto Martin at 11am and then again at 2 pm with Igor Andreev, who is also a very close friend of mine, since we practice together a lot.

I hope you enjoy reading my blog this week.

David

http://www.atptennis.com/en/blog/ferrer.asp

Fergie
04-10-2006, 06:24 PM
Nice blog! :D

Vamos David!!! :bounce:

alisia
04-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Martes, 11 de abril, 2006

(1)N Davydenko (RUS) vs J Hernych (CZE)
(3)D Ferrer (ESP) vs (Q)T Ascione (FRA)

Not before 15:00
(Q)N Almagro (ESP) vs (4)J Ferrero (ESP)
(5)I Andreev (RUS) vs (WC)M Safin (RUS)

Pista 1 comienza 11:00 AM

R Ramirez Hidalgo (ESP) vs A Seppi (ITA)
(Q)G Fraile (ESP) vs B Phau (GER)
(6)F Volandri (ITA) vs (Q)A Portas (ESP)
Martin/Ramirez Hidalgo vs Lopez/Verdasco
Kerr/Pashanski vs (2)Pala/Suk

Pista 2 comienza 11:00 AM

G Simon (FRA) vs R Vik (CZE)
P Starace (ITA) vs L Dlouhy (CZE)
D Sanguinetti (ITA) vs (8)D Tursunov (RUS)
T Zib (CZE) vs A Pavel (ROM)

Sue
04-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Cool that David is blogging this week- looking forward to read the rest of them!

VAMOS DAVID !!!!

ja_som1
04-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Don't you know what happened? There is written in live scoreboard that Ascione won by retirement? What is with David?

Carlita
04-11-2006, 01:36 PM
:awww: oh no..what happened??????

ja_som1
04-11-2006, 01:52 PM
:awww: oh no..what happened??????
now I read that it was due to back pain. poor David he was so looking forward to this tournament. :tears:

Carlita
04-11-2006, 02:03 PM
now I read that it was due to back pain. poor David he was so looking forward to this tournament. :tears:aaaaaaaaawwww :hug:

Fergie
04-11-2006, 02:05 PM
Poor David :sad:

NINA_BCN
04-11-2006, 02:14 PM
NOOO!!! :sobbing:

FerrersLinda
04-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Poor David. :awww:

alisia
04-11-2006, 02:57 PM
What have you been doing to the poor boy Linda? :devil: You must remember next time he is fragile!!

My parents were going to go today and see him & Safin play, hopefully I find out what happened when she phones home tonight.

FerrersLinda
04-11-2006, 03:17 PM
What have you been doing to the poor boy Linda? :devil: You must remember next time he is fragile!!

My parents were going to go today and see him & Safin play, hopefully I find out what happened when she phones home tonight.

Nothing I swear, unless his wrist is hurting from all the emailaction, but I would say in that case we are all to blame. :)

Here's what it says on his website, translation below:

No pudo ser. David tuvo que retirarse del Open de la Comunidad Valencia a causa de una contractura que no le dejó desplegar su juego frente al francés Thierry Ascione. Ferru, que tuvo que ser infiltrado hasta dos veces antes de comenzar, intentó la machada pero tras perder el primer set en el tie-breakno aguantó más y tuvo que abandonar. David asegura que "si no fuera porque era Valencia ni habría jugado en las condiciones en las que estaba. Tenía muchas ganas de jugar este torneo y por eso lo he intentado hasta el final".¡Animo Daivd, recupérate pronto!.

It could not be. David had to retire from the Valencia Community Open because of cramping that did not let him demonstrate his game against Frances Thierry Ascione. Ferru, who had to be “infiltrado”(don’t really know this, but I take it he got treatment?Linda) twice before beginning, tried to make it work but after losing the first set in a tiebreak he couldn’t hold on anymore and had to retire. David assures that "if this wasn’t Valencia I wouldn’t have played to begin with, because of the way I felt. I had lots of desire to play this tournament and for that reason I have tried until the end". Be strong David, recover soon!.

Hope your parents are having a good time. :D

justClaudia
04-11-2006, 03:30 PM
:awww: David.

NINA_BCN
04-11-2006, 03:31 PM
:sad:

Eléa
04-11-2006, 03:46 PM
:awww:
Do you think he will even play in Monaco? :scared:

*Ljubica*
04-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Get well soon David :hug:

FerrersLinda
04-11-2006, 09:17 PM
From the tournament site.

RogiFan88
04-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Pobre de David... what a terrible thing to happen to him in his home tourney... hope he gets better SOON... he has a whole clay season to look forward to! ;)

Sue
04-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Noooooooooooo!

:-((((((((((((((((

RogiFan88
04-12-2006, 02:05 AM
Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Last night I felt some pain and after dinner I kept my shoulder warm, thinking about today’s match, hoping that everything would be fine, because people were expecting a lot with me playing at home and being eager to do well.

The problem started a few days ago. I did a bad movement last Sunday and had problems with my shoulder, trying to be fit for today. I went to see the trainer, but when I warmed up with Potito Starace this morning, I noticed after 20 minutes that it hurt quite a lot while serving and this made it very difficult for me. Before the match I went to see the rainier again and he put some hot packs in order to decrease the pain. They also gave me something for the inflammation, but during the match it hurt more and more.

At the beginning of the match it was difficult for me but I was winning my service games and I saw that Ascione was a bit nervous because he got aware of my injury and he didn’t play well. I played with my injury although I wasn’t playing well at all. But when he took the lead in the tie-break, I knew that I couldn’t go on anymore, even if I won it, I don’t think I could have played until the end of the match. It’s really a pity that it had to happen here because it almost never happens to me. It’s the first time that I've had to retire in eight years. I remember having an ankle sprain during a challenger against Volandri eight years ago.

I’m a bit sad because a lot of people came to see me: my family as well as my friends from Valencia and Javea and I was playing at home. In total it was more than 50 people and most of them drove more than an hour from Javea every day to come to see me. They all call me Ferru (¨iron¨ in Valencian dialect). I’ve always had that nickname since a coach called me like that and now my parents are the only ones to call me David.

Unfortunately I won’t be able to play doubles. I talked to my partner and friend Guillermo García López and he understands that very well since health is the most important thing.

Now I have to think about recovering as soon as possible in order to be in form again. I think it will take more or less three days, I’ll be recovering and think that the chances are good for me to be present in the Masters Series event in Monte Carlo.

After this incident I’ll stay at home with family. I suppose I’ll stay in Valencia and might also go to my place in Javea for a few days. I’ll be relaxing and seeing the trainer every day.

Gracias por leer mi blog!

David

alisia
04-12-2006, 10:43 AM
My folks saw him play yesterday & they took photos. My mum said he didn't look happy from the beginning & when the physio came on & started proding he definately didn't look happy. Other than that they had a good day they saw Ferrero lose & Safin win although my mother like most thinks his hair is very strange.

NINA_BCN
04-12-2006, 10:45 AM
My folks saw him play yesterday & they took photos. My mum said he didn't look happy from the beginning & when the physio came on & started proding he definately didn't look happy. Other than that they had a good day they saw Ferrero lose & Safin win although my mother like most thinks his hair is very strange.
What a surprise!! :rolls:

BTW, there's an audio clip in yahoo.es (it doesn't work for me, though). :o

LaTenista
04-13-2006, 04:51 AM
:cuckoo: I didn't make my paella. Take care David. :hug:

juanpablo18
04-13-2006, 06:52 PM
ferrer will play monte carloo??
poor daviid!

Eléa
04-14-2006, 12:03 PM
According to his blog, It seems that David's injury is not too serious, so he could be able to play in MC... :confused:
In hope so! anyway i will leave for monaco tomorrow early morning so i will say :wavey: to you now, cause i'm not sure i will have time to come back here a lot before leaving ;)

FerrersLinda
04-14-2006, 01:27 PM
Have a good time Elea!
Don't forget the chocolates.;)

*Ljubica*
04-14-2006, 04:13 PM
According to his blog, It seems that David's injury is not too serious, so he could be able to play in MC... :confused:
In hope so! anyway i will leave for monaco tomorrow early morning so i will say :wavey: to you now, cause i'm not sure i will have time to come back here a lot before leaving ;)
Have fun Eléa - MC is my favourite tournamrnt - I am sad to miss it this year :sad:

Sue
04-14-2006, 08:45 PM
Yes, Eléa- MC is such a lovely tournament- enjoy yourself and tell us all about it!

RogiFan88
04-14-2006, 10:09 PM
Hey, David posted more in his blog! ;)

Thursday, April 13, 2006

http://www.atptennis.com/shared/photos/other/ferrer_blog4.jpg

After I got injured on Tuesday, I went to the Salud hospital Wednesday with Nacho Muñoz (tournament doctor). They did an MRI, they touched my shoulder, I stretched and did a bit of rehabilitation. The results of the MRI were good. I’m relieved because nothing is broken; it’s only a sore muscle and I hope to be fit in two days.

I’m still seeing the trainer and doing the exercises they told me to do, stretching and strengthening at the same time, in order to make it stronger and relax my muscle. I want to be fit again as soon as possible.

On Friday I’ll continue the physiotherapy; I’ll go running a little bit on Saturday and I’ll also hit a few balls.

Now that I’m injured my routine is very similar to my routine during competition. I have to eat very well because it’s important; good eating helps you recover quickly. My diet doesn’t change a lot when I’m not playing a tournament, only on weekends I might eat something different. For example yesterday I ate a banana and a yogurt for breakfast, I cooked some pasta and had a lot of water. I didn’t eat a lot for dinner, only a salad and a yogurt. When I’m not playing tournaments I usually don’t eat a lot for dinner, since I don’t burn a lot. Of course when I play I eat more because I need more energy. I eat pretty much anything and drink water and minerals.

At night I like to watch some football or some movie on canal+. I like to stay calm. On Wednesday I watched the final of the Copa del Rey. Español won, but I wanted Zaragoza to win. They’d been scoring good results lately against Madrid, Barcelona and other big teams. I like that team, but it’s a big party for Spanish soccer anyway.

Today I’ll be at the club in Valencia before leaving to Javia. I’ll stay with some kids of the Club in Cullera who’ve always supported me.

I hope that you stay tuned to my blog during my last day in Valencia.

Ferru

RogiFan88
04-14-2006, 10:12 PM
Friday, April 14, 2006

http://www.atptennis.com/shared/photos/other/ferrer_blog5.jpg

On Thursday I took part in a meet and greet session with children from the tennis club Cullera, which is located about 40 kilometers away in the south of Valencia, just in between Valencia and my home in Javea. Juan Oliver (Cullera's club director) was very nice with me; I know him very well and he’s a unique friend. You can always count on him. Juan knows very well my coach Javi and he invited me to some exhibitions and organized for the kids to come to Valencia.

The children who came today have seen me play before during exhibitions that I played during the last two years in Cullera. They were very fun, asked a lot of questions and then I signed autographs and took pictures with all of them. Some of them I know already since they were part of a very nice reception for me last November and I always have a lot of fun there.

In the first exhibition I played against Fernando Verdasco. I was number 50 in the world and he’d just won the Spanish championship. We played a very nice match and I won. Last year I played against Juan Carlos Ferrero. It was a great match because it was in the middle of summer, there were a lot of people and they really enjoyed it. The money from the ticket sales – more than five million pesetas (30,000 Euros) from what they've told me – was donated to the junior tennis development in the region of Valencia.

These days I have more obligations than usual, signing autographs, taking pictures and working with sponsors. It's not really because I'm a Top 10 player, but because I’m at home and I'm happy to do it. Obviously when not playing in Spain I have to do very little things compared to my activities during this week. But being in my country and with my people it goes without saying. Being a Top 10 player has not really changed my routine a lot. Maybe in the court it helps to know that and I see it as a personal goal and great motivation for me to be there, but in the locker room with the other players, everything is the same really.

Something has surprised me a lot: I’ve received a lot of emails on my web site www.davidferrer.com during the last week. I received more than 30 emails a day and I answered all of them. Many of my fans who write to me tell me that they don’t believe that I’m answering them myself, but of course I’m doing it.

Adios,

Ferru

Sue
04-14-2006, 11:24 PM
Friday, April 14, 2006

http://www.atptennis.com/shared/photos/other/ferrer_blog5.jpg

Something has surprised me a lot: I’ve received a lot of emails on my web site www.davidferrer.com during the last week. I received more than 30 emails a day and I answered all of them. Many of my fans who write to me tell me that they don’t believe that I’m answering them myself, but of course I’m doing it.

Adios,

Ferru

LOL! Looks like we were wrong in thinking it was Senora Ferrer answering all our emails then! Sorry for doubting you David! ;-)

FerrersLinda
04-15-2006, 03:05 AM
LOL! Looks like we were wrong in thinking it was Senora Ferrer answering all our emails then! Sorry for doubting you David! ;-)

:lol: Sorry Davy! So does this mean your mom doesn't own geraniums? :confused:

FerrersLinda
04-15-2006, 03:10 AM
B.t.w. does this mean David lurks around on MTF?

alisia
04-15-2006, 10:14 AM
maybe thats why he ran away from you in Miami Linda!!

LaTenista
04-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Don't all the blogs David's written this week make you want to hug him?

:shrug: I never got a response to my birthday email I sent, but then again I got the failure notice and didn't try to write again since then.

FerrersLinda
04-15-2006, 02:55 PM
maybe thats why he ran away from you in Miami Linda!!

:o That might be it. :awww:

FerrersLinda
04-08-2007, 03:43 PM
*le bumperdibump*:D

Seems like David will play his first round match against Bracciali. VAMOS DAVID!

Thanks for the article RG:worship:
Singles Preview: Ferrer, Ferrero Set First Round Tests

Top-seeded Spaniard David Ferrer will begin his European clay-court campaign with a first round clash against Daniele Bracciali of Italy at the V Open de Tenis Comunidad Valenciana. VAMOS!

Ferrer, who is currently No. 16 in the ATP Rankings, has a 2-0-career record against Bracciali – including one meeting en route to the Auckland title in January.

The 25-year-old Ferrer is appearing at his hometown event for fifth consecutive year. His best result came in 2005 when he finished runner-up to Russian Igor Andreev in the final.

Ferrer's second-seeded compatriot Juan Carlos Ferrero (pictured), who clinched the 2003 title (d. C. Rochus), challenges 18-year-old Latvian Ernests Gulbis.

Ferrero has reached the Costa do Sauipe final (l. to Canas) and was beaten Acapulco semifinals so far this year. He has an 11-7 match record.

Gulbis, currently No. 87 in the ATP Rankings, has won two titles on the ATP Challenger Circuit at Besancon and Sarajevo this season.

Defending champion Nicolas Almagro returns to the scene of his maiden ATP title last year (d. Simon) at No. 31 in the ATP Rankings.

Having battled through the qualifying competition to the title in 2006, the 21-year-old is the third seed this time around.

Almagro will play Jan Hajek of the Czech Republic in the first round.

Fourth-seeded Fernando Verdasco will look to repeat his 2006 triumph against Italian Potito Starace first up. Verdasco beat the Italian 6-3, 7-6(4) in the second round last year.

Verdasco is currently 6-9 for the season, but always performs well in Valencia. The 23-year-old captured his only ATP title at the event in 2004 (d. Montanes) and has since lost in the 2005 quarterfinals and 2006 semifinals.

Last year’s beaten finalist Gilles Simon, the No. 5 seed from France, will look to make it two wins out of two against Russian Teimuraz Gabashvili in the first round.

Simon clinched his first career ATP title in Marseille (d. Baghdatis) two months ago and is currently No. 39 in the ATP Rankings.

Sixth-seeded German Florian Mayer has been drawn against Spanish wild card Santiago Ventura. Mayer won their only previous meeting in the 2005 Wimbledon first round.

Italian Filippo Volandri, the No. 7 seed, will look to record only his second ATP-level win of the season against 2005 champion Igor Andreev, a wild card entrant.

Andreev beat Volandri 0-6, 6-1, 6-3 in the 2005 Palermo final. The Russian, who reached a career-high No. 24 in the ATP Rankings (April 3, 2006), is now placed No. 235 after undergoing left knee surgery last year.

Meanwhile, eighth-seeded Spaniard Guillermo Garcia-Lopez challenges fast-rising Evgeny Korolev of Russia in the first round. Two places separate the pair in the ATP Rankings – Garcia-Lopez is No. 64, while 18-year-old Korolev is No. 66.

http://www.open-comunidad-valenciana...es_preview.asp

RogiFan88
04-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Main Draw: http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2007/573/mds.pdf

FerrersLinda
04-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Main Draw: http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2007/573/mds.pdf

Thanks RG!:worship:

Good draw for David.:)

alisia
04-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Thanks RG!:worship:

Good draw for David.:)

I was just thinking the same hopefully he will stay fit this year but then again my mum isn't there to jinx him :D

Sue
04-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Hey guys- I just realised, when David comes to Liverpool ( did I mention at all that he's coming to see me ? Did I? ;) )...it'll be a *mum hat-trick* 'cos my mum will be there for the first day with me...so thats Ali's, Linda's and now mine.

alisia
04-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Hey guys- I just realised, when David comes to Liverpool ( did I mention at all that he's coming to see me ? Did I? ;) )...it'll be a *mum hat-trick* 'cos my mum will be there for the first day with me...so thats Ali's, Linda's and now mine.

You're not funny I so wanted to come to Liverpool this year silly daddy :smash: First time my mum saw him at Nottingham she thought he looked about 12 :awww:

Sue
04-08-2007, 10:38 PM
You're not funny I so wanted to come to Liverpool this year silly daddy :smash: First time my mum saw him at Nottingham she thought he looked about 12 :awww:

Sorry Ali....I promise to take lots of pics for you.

FerrersLinda
04-09-2007, 04:25 AM

You may have mentioned it once or twice.:scratch:

I wonder if we should make David aware of this very special occasion? How many players you think have fan-mothers come to see them play? :)

LaTenista
04-09-2007, 03:11 PM
:haha: My mum's never seen David in person.

FerrersLinda
04-09-2007, 06:38 PM
:haha: My mum's never seen David in person.

But that can still change.:)

LaTenista
04-10-2007, 12:22 AM
I made my famous paella tonight. Hopefully it will help David do well this week.

anna10
04-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Paella - yum. Maybe I'll make some later this week too.

Schedule for tomorrow - Good luck, David!

PISTA CENTRAL start 11:00am
A Martin (ESP) vs F Lopez (ESP)

Not Before 12:30 PM
[1]D Ferrer (ESP) vs D Bracciali (ITA)
[4]F Verdasco (ESP) vs P Starace (ITA)

Not Before 5:15 PM
A di Mauro (ITA) vs [3]N Almagro (ESP)

Sue
04-10-2007, 07:30 PM
You may have mentioned it once or twice.:scratch:

I wonder if we should make David aware of this very special occasion? How many players you think have fan-mothers come to see them play? :)

LOL...* fan mothers*.....

Sue
04-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Paella - yum. Maybe I'll make some later this week too.

Schedule for tomorrow - Good luck, David!

PISTA CENTRAL start 11:00am
A Martin (ESP) vs F Lopez (ESP)

Not Before 12:30 PM
[1]D Ferrer (ESP) vs D Bracciali (ITA)
[4]F Verdasco (ESP) vs P Starace (ITA)

Not Before 5:15 PM
A di Mauro (ITA) vs [3]N Almagro (ESP)

Thanks anna....yeah- Suerte David!
Extra helping of paella for me please?

LaTenista
04-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Sue I have plenty of leftover paella for you - the recipe makes about 4 or 5 servings and I live by myself. ;)

anna10
04-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Sue I have plenty of leftover paella for you - the recipe makes about 4 or 5 servings and I live by myself. ;)
I'm lucky I like it so much because it always provides several meals. I'm also convinced I'm really Spanish because it's like the only thing I can regularly cook successfully.

Is anyone here getting coverage of Valencia?

LaTenista
04-10-2007, 10:37 PM
No. :sad: Houston coverage starts on Saturday. :rolleyes:

I'm a good cook but an excellent baker. :D I'm trying to decide if I want to have the paella for dinner or cook something else like pasta. I should definitely make a salad.

Sue
04-10-2007, 11:27 PM
I'm lucky I like it so much because it always provides several meals. I'm also convinced I'm really Spanish because it's like the only thing I can regularly cook successfully.

Is anyone here getting coverage of Valencia?

Thanks Isa....sounds yummy!
No coverage for me sadly....I don't have satellite TV, so that means 2 weeks of Wimby a year and any DC ties involving GB IF we're (un) lucky.

LaTenista
04-10-2007, 11:37 PM
I don't have satellite either Sue - just digital cable. Most of the tennis I see is on TTC (The Tennis Channel), ESPN2, NBC, & CBS. I have good coverage of the Masters events and RG should be pretty good now that TTC is covering it.

anna10
04-11-2007, 10:13 AM
I've just seen that - what sad news to wake up to, and remembering his withdrawal last year, I'm sure he's disappointed.

Take care, David - get well soon!

Invisible
04-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Waaaah!! I got up at 5 a.m. (am I crazy or what??) to livescore the Spanish Boys matches (Feli, David and Verdasco)....Feli lost and David withdrew.....how disappointing. Now I really hope Fernando wins his match today....he better because otherwise I could go back to bed right now HA HA!!!

Get well soon David....I hope he is alright for Monte Carlo!!

Eléa
04-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Please chicas, tell me David will be able to play in Monaco :bigcry:

Sue
04-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Please chicas, tell me David will be able to play in Monaco :bigcry:

Oh no......what sad news...David must be so disappointed to withdraw from his home tourny.....

Eléa- don't worry amiga,I am sure he will be in MC . I am praying to St. Rita right now!

alisia
04-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Damm we had coverage from the 1/8 onwards as well :sad: Hope he's fit for Monte Carlo

FerrersLinda
04-11-2007, 09:46 PM
:tears:

RogiFan88
04-11-2007, 10:52 PM
:sad: pobrecito David! :sad: I so wanted him to win Valencia this year! [how about 2008 then? maybe if I can get tickets somehow... I'll go!]

LaTenista
04-12-2007, 12:14 AM
Oh no......what sad news...David must be so disappointed to withdraw from his home tourny.....

Eléa- don't worry amiga,I am sure he will be in MC . I am praying to St. Rita right now!

What is Rita the patron saint of? All I know is St. Jude is for lost causes, St. Raphael for single people (according to Ali) and St. Christopher for travellers...

Fingers crossed for you Eléa :hug:

anna10
04-12-2007, 06:46 PM
I don't have satellite either Sue - just digital cable. Most of the tennis I see is on TTC (The Tennis Channel), ESPN2, NBC, & CBS. I have good coverage of the Masters events and RG should be pretty good now that TTC is covering it.
It's the same for me, but I would like to know if DirectTV is really offering the multi-court coverage of Roland Garros. I would love that, but also don't want to give up TTC for any length of time, and it doesn't sound like DirectTV plans to add TTC until later.

alisia
04-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Wonders if he'll fit enough to play this year :p

[1] FERRER, David ESP vs NAVARRO, Ivan ESP
VLIEGEN, Kristof BEL vs QUALIFIER
HORNA, Luis PER vs ZVEREV, Mischa GER
LAPENTTI, Nicolas ECU vs [7] VERDASCO, Fernando ESP

[3WC] ROBREDO, Tommy ESP vs MONTANES, Albert ESP
QUALIFIER vs VENTURA, Santiago ESP
GONZALEZ, Maximo ARG vs MONFILS, Gael FRA
BOLELLI, Simone ITA vs [8] STARACE, Potito ITA

[6] ANDREEV, Igor RUS vs KOROLEV, Evgeny RUS
[WC] GIMENO-TRAVER, Daniel ESP vs STAKHOVSKY, Sergiy UKR
SCHUKIN, Yuri RUS vs HAASE, Robin NED
[WC] SAFIN, Marat RUS vs [4] FERRERO, Juan Carlos ESP

[5] ALMAGRO, Nicolas ESP vs QUALIFIER
SCHWANK, Eduardo ARG vs QUALIFIER
GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP vs DARCIS, Steve BEL
ESCHAUER, Werner AUT vs [2] MONACO, Juan ARG

Luvyoyoma1954@co
04-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Is Ivan Navarro any threat to David?? I have not heard of him or seen him play. :):)

alisia
04-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Is Ivan Navarro any threat to David?? I have not heard of him or seen him play. :):)

He's a good player but should pose no real threat to a fully fit David, however we know his shoulder is sore so anything could happen :p

FerrersLinda
04-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Ivan is a good player but very up and down and I'd say that David as a top 10 player should have no problems with him.:)

VAMOS DAVID!

Sommarsverige
04-14-2008, 08:16 PM
I wish David good luck in his home tournament :worship: I would be happy if he could win the title :)

RogiFan88
04-14-2008, 09:26 PM
hilarious... I see my post fr 2007... and NO, I did NOT get tickets for Valencia this year, more's the pity now that this is the last year it's on clay...

but I still want DAVID to win Valencia this year!!!

he and Juanqui presented this new book "Made in Valencia" about Valencian tennis -- I want that book! they are on the cover, along w Maratski... ;)

Luvyoyoma1954@co
04-15-2008, 01:19 AM
He's a good player but should pose no real threat to a fully fit David, however we know his shoulder is sore so anything could happen :p

Thank you for the feedback. I will cross fingers for the shoulder and have faith that he is several cuts above his opponents. :wavey:

FerrersLinda
04-15-2008, 06:49 PM
And he wins 6-3, 6-4 :woohoo:

alisia
04-15-2008, 06:54 PM
:woohoo: He won :woohoo:

Sommarsverige
04-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Yay, congrats to Ferru :bounce: :bounce:

Luvyoyoma1954@co
04-15-2008, 08:43 PM
I am very happy for david. from your fan in New england--Yay!!!! and keep going. i want this to be a win for you before the big tournaments. :bigclap::bigclap::wavey::wavey::kiss::kiss:

Noelia_Madrid
04-16-2008, 01:59 AM
Good match today "Ferru", a lot of luck in the next round in Valenciaa;)

alisia
04-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Oops for Thursday

Pista Central 11.00 am

Mischa ZVEREV vs Fernando VERDASCO

not Before 1.00 pm
David FERRER vs Pablo ANDUJAR

Not Before 3.30 pm
Robin HAASE vs Marat SAFIN

followed by
Evgeny KOROLEV vs Daniel GIMENO-TRAVER

alisia
04-17-2008, 12:56 PM
First set in the bag 6-3 :worship:

but-it's-ok
04-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Yay:banana: Hi Ferru fans, I'm Di:wavey:

but-it's-ok
04-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Racing away with it now, David leads 4-1 2nd set:bounce:

alisia
04-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Yay:banana: Hi Ferru fans, I'm Di:wavey:

Hi Di :wavey:

I'm Ali :D

I agree Nottingham should be saved :D

*Ljubica*
04-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Racing away with it now, David leads 4-1 2nd set:bounce:

Hi Di :wavey: My favourite fellow Tarpinette :hug: Hope you're well today. I am off to a meeting now :rolleyes: but hope you enjoy following the match. Catch you later I'm sure!

but-it's-ok
04-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Hi Di :wavey: My favourite fellow Tarpinette :hug: Hope you're well today. I am off to a meeting now :rolleyes: but hope you enjoy following the match. Catch you later I'm sure!

Hi Rose:hug: Well fancy you being here.Yep I'm good. Hope the meeting isn't too bad for you. I gotta do more study later.

alisia
04-17-2008, 01:29 PM
What a muppet he got broke serving for the match :smash: :rolleyes:

but-it's-ok
04-17-2008, 01:31 PM
What a muppet he got broke serving for the match :smash: :rolleyes:

Hi there:wavey: He needs all his guts, fight and super returns about now to get momentum again.:bounce:

FerrersLinda
04-17-2008, 01:33 PM
It has been matchpoint on my scoreboard for the last 10 minutes.:rolleyes:

FerrersLinda
04-17-2008, 01:34 PM
:woohoo: He wins 6-3, 6-4

alisia
04-17-2008, 01:34 PM
It has been matchpoint on my scoreboard for the last 10 minutes.:rolleyes:

He's just broke again to win 6-3 6-4 :worship:

but-it's-ok
04-17-2008, 01:37 PM
yay he wins:banana: I hope to meet more of you Ferru fans tomorrow. Verdasco next:bounce:

RogiFan88
04-17-2008, 04:58 PM
yay, Ferru won again!

he plays Fer in the QF? too bad... as I like them both but Fer already has Valencia so it's David's time to win!!

VAMOS, FERRU!!!

Sommarsverige
04-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Congrats Ferru :bounce: :bounce:

Though I will be very neutral in the match tomorrow ;)

but-it's-ok
04-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Hola chicas. The q/f is gonna start very soon. David will serve 1st.

but-it's-ok
04-18-2008, 03:40 PM
David held for 1-0, fending off 2 breakpoints. He and Nando are going to have a good match, I know. So difficult for them to play and for us to follow.

but-it's-ok
04-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Comfortable holds for both players on serve, Nando to 0 and Ferru to 15. 2-1 Ferrer 1st set.

*Ljubica*
04-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Not many people post here in daytime Di :awww: They're normally at work or in the wrong time zone :sad: It rarely gets really busy like Tommy's Scoring Thread or Dima's. Hope you're enjoying the match anyway. Think it will be very long and very hard - always is when two countrymen play each other.

but-it's-ok
04-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Not many people post here in daytime Di :awww: They're normally at work or in the wrong time zone :sad: It rarely gets really busy like Tommy's Scoring Thread or Dima's. Hope you're enjoying the match anyway. Think it will be very long and very hard - always is when two countrymen play each other.

Hi Rose, thanks for joining me:wavey: I like doing commentaries:D. 4-1 to Ferru, Nando lost his serve on a doublefault, thats never nice. I'm enjoying the match, I have a feeling that this will get closer like you say.

*Ljubica*
04-18-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi Rose, thanks for joining me:wavey: I like doing commentaries:D. 4-1 to Ferru, Nando lost his serve on a doublefault, thats never nice. I'm enjoying the match, I have a feeling that this will get closer like you say.

Well feel free to commentate :) I am zapping around all over MTF this afternoon - as well as hoping to see Roger on TV should the rain in Estoril ever stop :rolleyes:

but-it's-ok
04-18-2008, 04:05 PM
Nando broke back 4-3. I fear tie-break(s):help: Must be horrible playing a good friend, I've done it, you want to kill each other,then you both cry when its over cos its so awful.

but-it's-ok
04-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Well feel free to commentate :) I am zapping around all over MTF this afternoon - as well as hoping to see Roger on TV should the rain in Estoril ever stop :rolleyes:

OK Rose, and theres Kolya too, if the :rain: stops

but-it's-ok
04-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Ferru wins the 1st set 6-3. No aces from either of them in the whole 1st set, 1 d/fault each. Its a pretty close match, a score alone never tells the full story. David is doing slightly better on return. I wish it was on TV:(

*Ljubica*
04-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Ferru wins the 1st set 6-3. No aces from either of them in the whole 1st set, 1 d/fault each. Its a pretty close match, a score alone never tells the full story. David is doing slightly better on return. I wish it was on TV:(

Well Kolya is on my TV now - and it's sunny in Estoril :) So its not all bad!!!

but-it's-ok
04-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Well Kolya is on my TV now - and it's sunny in Estoril :) So its not all bad!!!

Great. I'm not watching TV just now or seeing score from Estoril. Ferru just broke to lead 1-0, it shows how good Ferru is on return, Nando is serving still at over 75% 1st serve. Hope Kolya wins his match.

but-it's-ok
04-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Nando broke back and then holds serve to lead 2-1. I think its gonna be closer this set now. I knew as soon as I started raving about an aspect of Davids game, that he'd drop serve:lol:. He didn't return so well either in 3rd game.First sign of madness talking to ones self:lol:

*Ljubica*
04-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Nando broke back and then holds serve to lead 2-1. I think its gonna be closer this set now. I knew as soon as I started raving about an aspect of Davids game, that he'd drop serve:lol:. He didn't return so well either in 3rd game.First sign of madness talking to ones self:lol:

You are a Tarpinette - therefore you can't be mad :) Rather a lady of taste and discernment! Btw - I will have to listen to that interview with him again sometime and do a translation for you. I just wanted one of the Russian girls to do it, because they will be far more specific than me - his accent is very "heavy" and we both know he mumbles - but if no one else volunteers, I'll give it a go! :)

but-it's-ok
04-18-2008, 04:40 PM
You are a Tarpinette - therefore you can't be mad :) Rather a lady of taste and discernment! Btw - I will have to listen to that interview with him again sometime and do a translation for you. I just wanted one of the Russian girls to do it, because they will be far more specific than me - his accent is very "heavy" and we both know he mumbles - but if no one else volunteers, I'll give it a go! :)

Thanks Rose:hug::hug: The match is very interesting. Nando broke to lead 3-1 rather against the run of play if you like, and then Nando had to fend off 2 break-points in the next game. The amazing thing is that Nando isn't phased by Ferru's returns, his 1st serve percentage is still nearer 80% Hope Kolya is doing the biz for you Rose. I'm gonna be here till the end.

but-it's-ok
04-18-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm staggered by the turnaround in this match. Nando takes the 2nd set 6-1. He's still serving like a God, 85% 1st serves in. If Nando keeps that up, even on clay this will be a very stiff test to finish the job off now for Ferru. I think its a gonna be a Grandstand finish, this match is going at a rate of knots:) I'm going to sit on the fence, I'm not going to say who I think will win this match:cuckoo: Just want Ferru to take it, but I like Nando.

alisia
04-18-2008, 04:51 PM
WTF is he playing at :eek:

but-it's-ok
04-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Now Nando is flying, he broke Ferru to love!:eek: The local boy Valencian boy is in a leeetle bit of bother here:(

but-it's-ok
04-18-2008, 04:53 PM
WTF is he playing at :eek:

Hi Alisia:wavey: I don't know theres been a complete sea change. Hope the tide isn't coming in for Ferru. Come on David :bounce: I think he'll get back in it but I cant pick a winner.

*Ljubica*
04-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Now Nando is flying, he broke Ferru to love!:eek: The local boy Valencian boy is in a leeetle bit of bother here:(

I think he fels the pressure too much playing at home, where all his family and old friends live. He wants to play well in front of them so badly, that it puts too much stress and pressure on him.

but-it's-ok
04-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Ferru is hanging in, just about. No disrespect to fans of Nando, he does have a tendency to get nervous. I know he's had success here. I think it'll be mind over matter in the end. Ferru will want it more cos he wants to win his local tournament obviously. I think theres some way to go yet. If Nando keeps his 1st serve % up though, Ferru might not get through. Ferru,VAMOS.

but-it's-ok
04-18-2008, 05:02 PM
I think he fels the pressure too much playing at home, where all his family and old friends live. He wants to play well in front of them so badly, that it puts too much stress and pressure on him.

I was just going to post that very thought. I hope he can find a way to overcome those:scared: thoughts. I know what it feels like, hence at a very low level.

but-it's-ok
04-18-2008, 05:07 PM
Ferru is holding on well, and his 1st serve percentage is picking up towards 65%. I feel for him, I love Valencia, I've holidayed there, its a wonderful place and I sure as hell wish I was there right now:rocker: Ferru, you can do this:bounce:

but-it's-ok
04-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Ferru had breakpoint just as Nandos 1st serve percentage fell under 80%. But then Nando served very well thereafter and held on to his break to lead 4-3 The sharp end is coming now.

*Ljubica*
04-18-2008, 05:18 PM
Have faith :hug: I am sort of watching the scoreboard, while watching Kolya on TV, and getting ready to go out for dinner tonight! What a busy life I lead :lol:

but-it's-ok
04-18-2008, 05:24 PM
Have faith :hug: I am sort of watching the scoreboard, while watching Kolya on TV, and getting ready to go out for dinner tonight! What a busy life I lead :lol:

Ferru trails 5-3:help: He had breakpoints, Nandos 1st serve % dropped a bit. I know Kolya is winning easy now. Going out for dinner, eh. Sounds great. Do you have 3 courses when you go out? I do, I'm dead greedy, I love food:) Though I haven't eaten anything whilst I have been doing this, I'm too tense:eek:

but-it's-ok
04-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Nando is serving for the match:help:

*Ljubica*
04-18-2008, 05:27 PM
Ferru trails 5-3:help: He had breakpoints, Nandos 1st serve % dropped a bit. I know Kolya is winning easy now. Going out for dinner, eh. Sounds great. Do you have 3 courses when you go out? I do, I'm dead greedy, I love food:) Though I haven't eaten anything whilst I have been doing this, I'm too tense:eek:

:awww: Don't be too tense :hug: Have to say that Dima is the only one that gets me like that :o

As for food, - I'm afraid I am the world's greediest :o I eat constantly 24/7 :lol: Guess I'm just lucky because I'm one of these irritating people that eats like a pig but never really puts on weight :o So I have at least 3 courses - more if I can get it! We're going to a Greek restaurant tonight - so should be lots of plate-throwing too :bounce:

but-it's-ok
04-18-2008, 05:35 PM
:awww: Don't be too tense :hug: Have to say that Dima is the only one that gets me like that :o

As for food, - I'm afraid I am the world's greediest :o I eat constantly 24/7 :lol: Guess I'm just lucky because I'm one of these irritating people that eats like a pig but never really puts on weight :o So I have at least 3 courses - more if I can get it! We're going to a Greek restaurant tonight - so should be lots of plate-throwing too :bounce:

:awww: :yeah: I don't put weight on either:devil:I love throwing plates, I might be tempted to throw one right here if Ferru doesn't take this now:devil: Its 5-5 now, Nando double faulted on match-point,I feel bad about that. Then he had another mp, David saved it, and he broke:woohoo: I'm terrible when Ernests is playing when I'm watching LS, I shout at the computer:o

*Ljubica*
04-18-2008, 05:40 PM
:awww: :yeah: I don't put weight on either:devil:I love throwing plates, I might be tempted to throw one right here if Ferru doesn't take this now:devil: Its 5-5 now, Nando double faulted on match-point,I feel bad about that. Then he had another mp, David saved it, and he broke:woohoo: I'm terrible when Ernests is playing when I'm watching LS, I shout at the computer:o

I shout at Dima too - and scare my poor cats :awww:

But - you know what - he won :bounce: That was a great fight and a great result. Hope you can eat now. I must go and finish getting ready for my plate-throwing :lol: Have a nice evening. Later :wavey:

but-it's-ok
04-18-2008, 05:46 PM
I shout at Dima too - and scare my poor cats :awww:

But - you know what - he won :bounce: That was a great fight and a great result. Hope you can eat now. I must go and finish getting ready for my plate-throwing :lol: Have a nice evening. Later :wavey:

:awww::woohoo: Brilliant result. I can eat now:D Have a brilliant evening Rose, probably catch you on LS tomorrow, Ferrer vs Robredo now. I've got more stressing to do later. Then I can relax tomorrow, go for a walk, then more LS.

Ferru beat Fernando Verdasco 6-3 1-6 7-5 He'll play Tommy tomorrow. Unreal:bounce::worship:

RogiFan88
04-18-2008, 05:51 PM
wow, what a match!! wish I were there to see it... i checked the sb and i thought Fer was going to win and then i checked again... fantastic!

Ferru really wants this title and I want him to get it!!!! great match... i want that one!

AMUNT, FERRU!! I don't care who he plays in the SF... I just want him to win!

Sommarsverige
04-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Congrats Ferru :)

Though I am also a little sad for Fer :(

but-it's-ok
04-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Congrats Ferru :)

Though I am also a little sad for Fer :(

Birte:wavey: It must have been so difficult for you, its not easy being a fan of so many Spaniards, they have habit of meeting each other so often because they're so good.I'm going to be as torn as you tomorrow now its Ferru vs Tommy.

alisia
04-18-2008, 06:40 PM
He won :bounce: I can't believe he won because when I left work he was mp's down on Fer's serve :eek: but sorry I ever doubted you David :awww:

Next up is Tommy, so I'm in a win-win postion :devil:

Sommarsverige
04-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Birte:wavey: It must have been so difficult for you, its not easy being a fan of so many Spaniards, they have habit of meeting each other so often because they're so good.

Hi Di :wavey: Yes, I really don´t like when my favourites play eachother, but anyway, this is Davids home tournament, so I am happy for him he won the match! Though tomorrow it will be difficult again ;)

Sommarsverige
04-18-2008, 06:42 PM
He won :bounce: I can't believe he won because when I left work he was mp's down on Fer's serve :eek: but sorry I ever doubted you David :awww:

Next up is Tommy, so I'm in a win-win postion :devil:

Ali :lol: Yes, me too ;) But somehow I want Ferru to win, because Tommy will get faster to Monte Carlo :)

alisia
04-18-2008, 06:50 PM
Ali :lol: Yes, me too ;) But somehow I want Ferru to win, because Tommy will get faster to Monte Carlo :)

Well that's a good enough reason for David to win :p

Enjoy yourself in Monte Carlo :worship: I'm going a charity football match tomorrow & the forecast is for :rain:

alisia
04-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Oops for Saturday

Pista Central 11.30 am

Travis PARROTT / Filip POLASEK vs Maximo GONZALEZ / Juan MONACO

Not Before 1.20 pm
David FERRER vs Tommy ROBREDO

Not Before 3.50 pm
Evgeny KOROLEV vs Nicolas ALMAGRO

Sommarsverige
04-18-2008, 11:11 PM
Well that's a good enough reason for David to win :p

Enjoy yourself in Monte Carlo :worship: I'm going a charity football match tomorrow & the forecast is for :rain:

Thanks Ali :wavey: Hope the weather will be okay in Monte Carlo, I am really fed up with cold temperatures :p
Have a good time you too :hug:

alisia
04-19-2008, 02:59 PM
:woohoo: David won 2-6 6-2 6-3 & is the final tomorrow :worship: Tommy can now go & see Birte in Monte Carlo :D David had to have an injury timeout at 5*-3 in the final set & the very nice cameraman gave us a close up of his thigh :devil:

Jillian
04-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Congratulations to Ferru on a well deserved win and getting through to the final in his hometown event.

I too loved the close-ups of his thigh, very sexy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LaTenista
04-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Vamos David! Gana el torneo ahora! :bounce:

but-it's-ok
04-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Good luck in the final tomorrow David:bounce: Win it for your local fans(and for us);)

alisia
04-20-2008, 10:59 AM
Oops for Sunday

Pista Central

3.30 pm (Singles Final)

David FERRER vs Nicolas ALMAGRO

Luvyoyoma1954@co
04-20-2008, 01:42 PM
What time is Pista central in Eastern Standard time??? :wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

alisia
04-20-2008, 02:30 PM
What time is Pista central in Eastern Standard time??? :wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

It starts in 5 mins :D

alisia
04-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Ferrer, Almagro to Meet in All-Spanish Final

Top seed and local favorite David Ferrer rallied to defeat No. 3 seed Tommy Robredo 2-6, 6-2, 6-3 in the semifinals of the Open de Tenis Comunidad Valenciana on Saturday.

Ferrer will take a 3-0 lifetime mark against two-time defending champion and No. 5 seed Nicolas Almagro (pictured) in the championship. It is the first all-Spanish final in Valencia since 2004 when Fernando Verdasco defeated Albert Montanes. It also guarantees a Spanish winner for the fifth time in the last six years (except '05).

The 26-year-old Valencia resident will be appearing in his first ATP final of the season and his second hometown title match. Three years ago, he lost to Igor Andreev in three sets.

Ferrer was broken in three of his first five service games and trailed 2-6, 0-1, before rallying in the second set. Ferrer broke back for 1-1 and then added breaks in the fourth and eighth games to level the match. In the third set, the lone break came in the second game as Ferrer took control and went on for the victory.

Ferrer converted four of 11 break points in the two hour and 16 minute match while Robredo was three of 11 on break point chances, but just one of eight in the last two sets.

Ferrer will be appearing in his 10th career ATP final (5-4), having won his last title in Tokyo on Oct. 7, 2007 (d. Gasquet). The Spaniard is also trying to win his first ATP title on home soil.

"Today was another very tough match," said Ferrer. "Tommy played very good, especially the first set which he didn't miss much. It was a nice athmosphere out there today with the support of the crowd."

"Tomorrow it will be a very emotional final with my whole family and friends here watching. I already played the final here once and couldn't win. I just hope to win."

Almagro needed only one hour to beat unseeded Evgeny Korolev 6-1, 6-4, and reach his third straight final in Valencia.

The 22-year-old Spaniard jumped out to a 4-0 lead against Korolev and cruised in the first set. He broke the Russian in the opening game of the second set and that proved to be the difference. Almagro converted all three break point chances and saved the only break point on his serve.

Almagro, who has yet to drop a set en route to the final, improved his tournament record to 14-1 and he leads the ATP circuit with an 18-1 match record on clay this year. He is trying to become the first player to win three ATP titles this season (Costa do Sauipe, Acapulco).

"Tomorrow will be a huge final. David is a good friend of mine," said Almagro. "He fights all the match long, runs very well, doesn't miss much. I will need to be very solid from the back to be able to win."

"I'm happy to have reached the final for the thrid consecutive year. It's almost a dream to have won two titles this year and to reach the final here."

cobalt60
04-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Good luck :yeah:

alisia
04-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Oh dear we are already raquet bashing :rolleyes:

Luvyoyoma1954@co
04-20-2008, 03:03 PM
It starts in 5 mins :D

THANK YOU. i ONLY MISSED THE FIRST 6 POINTS. Come on David. Vamos.

Is it live stream anywhere that is not a betting place. I am in the US.

alisia
04-20-2008, 03:10 PM
THANK YOU. i ONLY MISSED THE FIRST 6 POINTS. Come on David. Vamos.

Is it live stream anywhere that is not a betting place. I am in the US.

I'm not sure because I'm watching it on Betfair :)

He just managed to save 2 sp's but Almagro is serving for it & he's hardly missed a thing :( the crowd thou are behind David :D he looks so :inlove: in the blue :devil:

Almagro holds to take 1st set 6-4 :smash:

Luvyoyoma1954@co
04-20-2008, 03:19 PM
alisia,

Thank you for the update, but you are teasing we ladies who cannot see the match, telling us how great he looks in blue. ;););)

RogiFan88
04-20-2008, 03:24 PM
:)

VAMOS, FERRU!!!!

Let's hope he can take the 2nd set, vs. all odds and an extremely confident Almagro...

alisia
04-20-2008, 03:24 PM
alisia,

Thank you for the update, but you are teasing we ladies who cannot see the match, telling us how great he looks in blue. ;););)

Sorry :o

It's probably you can't see him because he's playing like a muppet :rolleyes: He's got his thigh taped as well :awww:

LaTenista
04-20-2008, 03:26 PM
Venga David, puedes hacerlo.

alisia
04-20-2008, 03:35 PM
The shirt pulling & swearing worked because he's just broke Almagro :p

LaTenista
04-20-2008, 03:48 PM
I found a livestream and David's won the 2nd set. VAMOS!!

alisia
04-20-2008, 03:48 PM
Second set to David 6-2 :woohoo:

alisia
04-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Honestly I leave him alone for 2 mins & comeback to find him 2-0 down :mad:

LaTenista
04-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Uh oh, broken to start the third and he threw his racquet across the back of the court when he lost the 2nd game. :help:

LaTenista
04-20-2008, 04:00 PM
:wavey: Ali, nice to know I walked into the kitchen for a minute and that's how he got broken. :retard:

alisia
04-20-2008, 04:10 PM
:wavey: Ali, nice to know I walked into the kitchen for a minute and that's how he got broken. :retard:

I did exactly the samething :o looks like Almagro is going to trounce him in the third :sad:

alisia
04-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Almagro is serving for the match :help:

alisia
04-20-2008, 04:20 PM
he broke back :rolleyes:

FerrersLinda
04-20-2008, 04:22 PM
:wavey:

I see I got up just in time to watch my "friend" Almagro win.:rolleyes:
What's up with our boy?

alisia
04-20-2008, 04:26 PM
:wavey:

I see I got up just in time to watch my "friend" Almagro win.:rolleyes:
What's up with our boy?

Sush we are nearly back to 5-5 :rolleyes:

LaTenista
04-20-2008, 04:27 PM
On serve now :bounce:

FerrersLinda
04-20-2008, 04:27 PM
On serve! I'll sush.:awww:

alisia
04-20-2008, 04:28 PM
5-5 it is :D

FerrersLinda
04-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Go Davey:bounce:

FerrersLinda
04-20-2008, 04:31 PM
My head hurts. The first day of the Festival was yesterday and I got home at 3.30. But we're gonna do it all over again today.:) Ohhhhh John:aplot:

:woohoo: 6-5

LaTenista
04-20-2008, 04:32 PM
:wavey: Linda

FerrersLinda
04-20-2008, 04:33 PM
:wavey: Senorita Isa:)

alisia
04-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Our little fiesty one is back :devil:

FerrersLinda
04-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Our little fiesty one is back :devil:

Finally.:) But it doesn't seem like he'll break for the match:awww:

alisia
04-20-2008, 04:35 PM
Tiebrake :help:

FerrersLinda
04-20-2008, 04:41 PM
5 match points

alisia
04-20-2008, 04:41 PM
OMG he's won :woohoo:

FerrersLinda
04-20-2008, 04:42 PM
He won:bounce:

FerrersLinda
04-20-2008, 04:43 PM
Our champion is back:woohoo: And he won against his and my friend:rolleyes: Almagro. Couldn't be better.:woohoo:

FerrersLinda
04-20-2008, 04:43 PM
Off to get some coffee. Back in a few minutes.

LaTenista
04-20-2008, 04:44 PM
He won. :woohoo:

alisia
04-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Almagro nearly hit him with a ball has was walking back to his chair :eek:

alisia
04-20-2008, 04:57 PM
My head hurts. The first day of the Festival was yesterday and I got home at 3.30. But we're gonna do it all over again today.:) Ohhhhh John:aplot:

:woohoo: 6-5

We went to the Hollyoaks charity football match & nearly froze our backsides off :o but OMG Jake was soooooooooo worth it :devil:

FerrersLinda
04-20-2008, 04:59 PM
We went to the Hollyoaks charity football match & nearly froze our backsides off :o but OMG Jake was soooooooooo worth it :devil:

Sounds like fun except for the frozen backsides.;) I've moved my ass over to the Pimp thread.

Noelia_Madrid
04-20-2008, 05:08 PM
FERRU!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo::banana:

RogiFan88
04-20-2008, 05:21 PM
WOW!!!! I so badly wanted David to win his first VALENCIA title... and he did it, vs. a tough, confident [overconfident?], in-form guy w two clay titles already... playing at home, w pressure, w slight injury, w not a lot of form... what a champion!!!!

I'm so proud of DAVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He must be ecstatic! he truly earned his title! What a great final for the tourney for its last year on clay... sad I wanted to go too... fantastic day!!!

hope this gives David more confidence!! just so happy for him [and for Rogi altho not happy w the fact that Kolya retired on him... oh well, a title is a title... hee, hee, and his first this year is on CLAY... how funny is that?!! :lol:]

cobalt60
04-20-2008, 05:41 PM
:banana:

but-it's-ok
04-20-2008, 05:46 PM
:banana::banana: I'm so pleased for him, winning it the way he did in front of friends, family, coach and the adoring local fans. His reaction was brilliant, I cried for him,I shared his joy. Thats what makes tennis, and the way he came back in the 3rd set, David had far superior fitness,guts and the ability to raise his game to an amazing level under such pressure.:worship::worship: Well done David........:bounce:

neenah
04-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Congrats to David!! :woohoo: :dance:

Jillian
04-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Congratulations Ferru, I am so proud of him for never giving up and fighting right to the end. So happy for him also that he won in his hometown, if anybody deserves it then it's Ferru :worship::worship:

*Ljubica*
04-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Congrats David :hug:

Luvyoyoma1954@co
04-21-2008, 03:21 AM
http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20080421/Ferrer's_return_to_form_is_good_for_the_game

The first few events of the clay court season are rarely a reliable indicator for what is to come especially with the likes of Nadal, Djokovic and Nalbandian yet to enter the fray. Last year’s winners of Valencia and Houston (Almagro and Karlovic) didn’t make it past round 2 in Paris.

However it’s good for the competitiveness of the major clay court titles (monopolised over the past 3 years by the force that is Rafael Nadal) that David Ferrer is back in business. Since the Australian Open, the world no 5 has been out of sorts and looked in danger of losing his place among the elite but this week’s work will give him a healthy cushion over Andy Roddick at no 6. If you were to draw up a shortlist of the players most likely to challenge Nadal over the next month, Ferrer would be near the top, along with Federer, Djokovic and Davydenko. He knows what it takes to topple the Majorcan in a major event having twice dashed his hopes at the US Open and Nadal has made it clear in past press conferences that he doesn’t relish facing Ferrer’s style of play

The event also provided a welcome turnaround for Tommy Robredo, Evgeny Korolev and to a lesser extent Marat Safin. Robredo has been made to look rather lightweight over the last few months by some of the tour’s big hitters and among the multitude of Spanish stars at the top of men’s tennis, his name had become rather forgotten. He wasn’t even considered for the Spanish Davis Cup squad despite being ranked 19 in the world ! On this week’s evidence, the durability is returning and he should achieve good results in forthcoming events though his style of play wasn’t to the liking of some fans, who on making the unflattering comparison to the swashbuckling tennis of Nadal, gave his countryman the unflattering moniker of “Boredo.”

deanna
04-21-2008, 04:28 AM
Well done David :woohoo: :dance: !

alisia
04-21-2008, 08:54 AM
Ferrer Tops Almagro to Claim Valencia Title

Top seed and hometown favorite David Ferrer dethroned compatriot and two-time defending champion Nicolas Almagro 4-6, 6-2, 7-6(2) in the final of the Open de Tenis Comunidad Valenciana on Sunday.

In the first all-Spanish final in Valencia since 2004, Ferrer trailed 2-5 and 4-5 as Almagro served for the match twice in the third set. But Ferrer withstood 11 aces in total from Almagro to convert all four break point opportunities he was presented with in the encounter and claim victory in 2hr., 5mins. It was Ferrer’s fourth straight career victory over his younger countryman, and the second on clay.

"Just like the match against Verdasco I was able come from behind and win," reflected Ferrer afterwards. "I didn't do anything special. I just gave it all. At 5-2 down in the third set I just stayed focused, fought really hard and I'm happy for having came through."

He now joins Almagro as the only two Spanish champions on the ATP-circuit this season (with Granollers-Pujol to play in the Houston final later).

Local resident Ferrer, who finished runner-up to Igor Andreev in 2005, becomes the fifth Spanish winner in Valencia in the past six years (except 2005). He joins Juan Carlos Ferrero, Fernando Verdasco and Nicolas Almagro.

"I'm very happy for having won at my the title in Valencia, at my club, in front of my family and friends," said Ferrer. "It just feels incredible to have won at home!"

"It was the toughest tournament of my life. By one point I could have been in Monte-Carlo now. (He saved MPs against Verdasco). If it wasn't for the crowd I would not have won it here."

World No. 5 Ferrer’s previous best results this season were the quarterfinals in Doha (l. to Benneteau), the Australian Open (l. to eventual champion Djokovic) and Dubai (l. to Lopez).

The 26-year-old Ferrer was appearing in his 10th ATP singles final and now stands at a 6-4 career mark. It is his first title since Tokyo in October last year where he defeated Richard Gasquet in the final.

Having saved two match points in his quarterfinal victory over Fernando Verdasco, Ferrer becomes the fifth player this year to win an ATP title having saved match points during the tournament; he joins Nikolay Davydenko (Miami), Sam Querrey (Las Vegas), Kei Nishikori (Delray Beach) and Fernando Gonzalez (Vina del Mar).

World No. 27 Almagro was looking to win his third straight title in Valencia and become the first three-time titlist in 2008. Having won titles in Valencia in 2006 (d. Simon) and 2007 (d. Starace), Almagro’s tournament record now stands at 14-2.

"Today I lost to a big champion. David is a fantastic player," conceded Almagro. "I had the title so close. I feel like someone stole the title from me. I feel like the champion for the week I had, for the attitude I showed this week. If I leave this week as the runner up is because David was a better player than me today."

The 22-year-old captured titles on clay in Costa do Sauipe (d. Moya) and Acapulco (d. Nalbandian) earlier in the season and is among the Top 5 match wins leaders in 2008 with a 20-6 season record. He slips to 4-2 lifetime in ATP finals and 5-13 against Top Ten opponents.

"I still have a lot to learn," said Almagro. "I think I have improved a lot in these first months of the season. My results show I'm a better player than I was last year and I just hope to keep improving."

anita86
05-26-2008, 08:57 AM
I was there from Monday 14 to Thursday 17!!
One year more, good experience!