HARRY POTTER FANS [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

HARRY POTTER FANS

Iza
12-23-2003, 08:04 PM
I'm a huge fan of HP and I'd like 2 start a thread 4 all the ppl fascinated by JK Rowling's magical novels and those who love to escape from this Muggles world into a new exciting one by reading the books or watching the movies. I personally love reading the books. I've read them in Romanian already and now I'm reading them in English. For all of ya Harry fans, feel free to post anything u want! :wavey:

Nymeria
12-24-2003, 09:13 AM
:wavey: Iza

I like the HP books too! I like a lot of fantasy books, I've a lord of the Rings obsession too :o (you could expect that when you see my nick).

Lynne
12-24-2003, 03:31 PM
HI!! I love HP too! :) I've read the books and watched the movies. They're really nice. Can't wait till the next movie comes out sometime around June 2004 if I'm not mistaken. :D
Legolas is pretty cute in LOTR!! :wavey:

trixy
12-25-2003, 11:43 AM
I love harry potter!!!!!!!!!! I'm absolutely obsessed and its funny because at the start of this yr i was the most anti harry potter person in the whole world but im glad i've seen the light :)

I was soo sad when i read the 5th book tho...I CANT BELIEVE SIRIUS IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Lynne
12-25-2003, 02:47 PM
at the start of this yr i was the most anti harry potter person in the whole world but im glad i've seen the light :)

Lol.... Good for you! :D
Yeah, I can't believe that Sirius had to die either.... And Harry getting banned from Quidditch.. :eek: And about him and Cho chang.... Well, a lot has happened in the 5th book.. :)

Nymeria
12-25-2003, 05:09 PM
yeah, I really have to read the fifth book again, there did happen a lot. And offcourse I'm looking forward to the 3rd movie. I'm wondering how Buckbeak will be in the movie :)

Iza
12-25-2003, 08:18 PM
BTW, do u know who will play Dumbledore?

trixy
12-26-2003, 07:10 AM
BTW, do u know who will play Dumbledore?

Micheal Gambon is going 2 play dumbledore.

Lynne
12-26-2003, 02:39 PM
Which character do u guys like the best in HP?

Iza
12-26-2003, 09:27 PM
My fave is Ron. And I also like Hagrid!

Iza
12-26-2003, 09:28 PM
Micheal Gambon is going 2 play dumbledore.

i thought it was ian mckellen. i have no clue who mike gambon is.

trixy
12-27-2003, 12:07 AM
I have no idea who Micheal Gambon is either :confused: but thats what i read on the official cast list. I dunno maybe i was mistaken tho :confused:

Lynne
12-28-2003, 05:36 AM
I like Ron too! He's so funny and cute! :angel:
As for the cast of Dumbledore, I think it is confirmed that Michael Gambon will take up the role. It was rumoured that Ian McKellen was also considered for the role. Here's a pic of Mike Gambon. Found it at mugglenet.

http://www.mugglenet.com/images/cast-gambon.jpg

Jazzy
12-28-2003, 06:04 AM
so ppl r still not sure who will act as dumbledore, am i rite?!

trixy
12-28-2003, 07:16 AM
My favourite characters would have to be hermione and fred&george (they're just soo hilarious..i loved them in the 5th book).

tall_one
12-28-2003, 08:53 AM
have you guys seen the trailer?
You can tell it's a differant Dumbledore, I wish they had tried to make Michael Gambon look a little more like Richard Harris.
The dementors look just as freaky as I imagined!

If anyone hasn't seen the trailer, or would like to watch it again here is the link. (http://harrypotter.warnerbros.co.uk/sightings/trailer.html?id=azk_tlr1&settings=true) This takes you to the page where you can choose how you want to view it -Windows Media Player, Real Player or with QuickTime Player. :)

Lynne
12-28-2003, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the link, tall_one!! :wavey: The movie looks exciting and interesting! :D

Iza
12-30-2003, 11:44 AM
hey nikki, u a HP fan 2??

tall_one
12-30-2003, 12:53 PM
hey nicki, u a HP fan 2??
LOL, that would be an understatement.
I'm a huge HP fan!
I even have a harry smiley :)
http://www.smileydictionary.com/images/smileys/harry_potter.gif

trein
12-30-2003, 01:08 PM
I saw a few moments of the movie yesterday

btw. this post is posted by Legolas

Iza
01-01-2004, 08:13 PM
LOL, that would be an understatement.
I'm a huge HP fan!
I even have a harry smiley :)
http://www.smileydictionary.com/images/smileys/harry_potter.gif

:bigclap: Bravos amiga!

Iza
01-02-2004, 08:43 PM
i know mcgonagall is the teacher of gryfindor and snape is of slytherin but i completely 4got who are the ones of Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff and i am too lazy to open the books again! :D

Leo
01-03-2004, 04:41 AM
I met J.K. Rowling once, 4 or so years ago. She came to our school for a chat and a book signing. She's got a great sense of humour and has a talent with words. I really treasure my copy of Prisoner of Azkaban which she signed; it's definitely my favorite of the 5 books thus far.

Leo
01-03-2004, 04:43 AM
i know mcgonagall is the teacher of gryfindor and snape is of slytherin but i completely 4got who are the ones of Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff and i am too lazy to open the books again! :D

I think the Professor Sprout might be the head faculty member of the Hufflepuff house? Or maybe its that male teacher who does Charms?

Leo
01-03-2004, 04:46 AM
http://www.mugglenet.com/images/cast-gambon.jpg

I like this actor. He was also in Sleepy Hollow with Johnny Depp and Christina Ricci.

Iza, are there any differences between the Romanian version and the English version?

Leo
01-03-2004, 04:53 AM
have you guys seen the trailer?
You can tell it's a differant Dumbledore, I wish they had tried to make Michael Gambon look a little more like Richard Harris.
The dementors look just as freaky as I imagined!

Yep, it looks great. The only thing that worries me is that Harry, Hermione, Ron, and especially Draco look too old. They look significantly older in this flick than they did in the 2nd one. I'm wondering if the director will have to change actors for the 4th one and replace this gang with a younger crop?

My favorite characters would have to be Lupin, Sirius (unfortunate that he died, although predictable), McGonagall (Maggie Smith is wonderful as the professor in the movies :D), Cho (damn Harry for being so insensitive in the 5th book), Hermione, the Weaslesy twins, Hagrid... goes on and on.

I have a question on the 5th book. Does anyone understand why Harry was so angry at Snape at the end of the book? He kept saying how he will never forgive Snape for what he did, blah, blah, blah, but I don't get it. It was Harry who fucked it all up and got Sirius killed, not Snape. Is he just in denial?

Mimi
01-05-2004, 06:44 AM
by the way, where is our lovely poster harryporter, i miss her a lot :sad:

Lee
01-05-2004, 06:49 AM
I was in MacDonald a few days ago and saw a boy looked exactly like Harry Porter, the actor!!!!! But he's younger

Mimi
01-05-2004, 06:57 AM
hello Lee, long time no see, wishing you a very happy 2004 :D

Iza
01-06-2004, 02:20 PM
I have a question on the 5th book. Does anyone understand why Harry was so angry at Snape at the end of the book? He kept saying how he will never forgive Snape for what he did, blah, blah, blah, but I don't get it. It was Harry who fucked it all up and got Sirius killed, not Snape. Is he just in denial?

I agree w/u. Harry was the one who fucked it up, he wanted 2 make it the 'hero' just like hermione said. I really pity Snape cos he's always been the excluded and lonely one and I believe this was the reason y he turned to the black magic stuff. But after I read was James potter used to do, I pity him even more!

Iza
01-06-2004, 02:23 PM
I like this actor. He was also in Sleepy Hollow with Johnny Depp and Christina Ricci.

Iza, are there any differences between the Romanian version and the English version?

well, yeah, one is in english and the other one is in romanian ;) Actually there are: the names for example: Neville Longbottom is in th romanian version Neville Poponeata( this means bum in a very nice way, like u call it 4 kids :) )

Leo
01-07-2004, 02:05 AM
well, yeah, one is in english and the other one is in romanian ;) Actually there are: the names for example: Neville Longbottom is in th romanian version Neville Poponeata( this means bum in a very nice way, like u call it 4 kids :) )

LOL ... hmmm, interesting.

trixy
01-07-2004, 04:41 AM
Speaking of Neville. Don't you just love him??? I feel so sorry 4 him with his parents in St Mungo :sad:

Nymeria
01-07-2004, 08:13 AM
I think a lot of languages translated the name, I don't know all names in Dutch, because I did read the books only in English. But some are:
Ron Weasley = Ron Wezel
Hermione Granger = Hermelijn Griffel
Snape = Sneep
Dumbledore = Perkamentus

I do'nt like the Dutch names :( That's the reason I didn't read the books in Dutch

Jag
01-07-2004, 12:06 PM
Any Chinese girls around the age of 13-16, and who are located in Britain - you can submit stuff to the casting agency to be considered for the part of Cho Chang, if you'd like to. PM me for the address - somehow, I don't think they'll appreciate me plastering it all over these boards.

amethyst
01-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Hallo, I´m pretty new here and a huge Harry-Potter-Fan, too. One of my favourite characters is Mrs. Weasley. She has a BIG heart and is always fighting bravly against chaos :)
Speaking of Neville : What do you think will be his role in the next 2 books? He seems to be connected with this mysterious prophecy (boy born in July etc.) Maybe Voldemort took on the wrong boy and Neville is really the one who can threaten him ???

Billabong
01-07-2004, 05:39 PM
I'm so sad that Harry wasn't able to kill Bellatrix Lestrange.. she's the one who killed Sirius and who made Neville's parents crazy, and now she's free with Voldemort... I hope she dies in the next book, she deserves it so much!!!

amethyst
01-07-2004, 07:01 PM
I dont´t think that Beatrix Lestrange will die - at least not before the very end. Maybe there´ll be a conflict between her and other followers of Voldemort, who have been "untrue" and hiding while Voldemort was down. She has expressed pretty much hatred for these people. Let´s hope for Harry that such a conflict could weaken Voldemort.

Leo
01-08-2004, 12:16 AM
I don't think Beatrix will die until the 7th book. Maybe Harry will kill her - or possibly Lupin?

Jag
01-08-2004, 11:54 AM
I hope Beatrix doesn't die soon - she's an interesting character and has lots of potential.

bonkers186
01-08-2004, 12:04 PM
I am the hugest Harry Potter fan :hearts: :bounce:. My favourite book was Escape From Azkaban, followed closely by the Goblet of Fire, followed by Order of the Phoenix, and I like the other two equally :hearts:. I loveeeeeeee Harry :hearts:. I'd sleep with him :rolleyes:. I also fell in love with Cedric in the Goblet Of Fire...I was crushed when he died :sad: :sad:

Iza
01-09-2004, 07:57 PM
i read the order.... again and I found somthg weird. Y'know they said somthg about a guy called Mark Evans....rember Harry's mum was called Evans b4 she married James. It's somthg interesting really, i think they are related.

trixy
01-10-2004, 02:22 AM
Rowan Atkinson is going to play Voldemort in the 4th movie. I can't really see it but i suppose he's going to wear alot of make-up and stuff.

You know i was wondering do any of the teachers Mac Gonagall, Dumbledore and Snape ect have love lives?? because you never hear anything about them.

I loved Cedric too!!! I can't believe he was going out with Cho though. I hate Cho! I'm so glad Harry doesn't like her anymore. I reckon Harry will end up going with Ginny and Ron and Hermione are just meant to be together. There's so much tension between them!

Lynne
01-11-2004, 09:44 AM
Who's Mark Evans?? Hm... I think I have to read Order of the Phoenix again... I don't really remember all the parts.. :)

Rowan Atkinson playing Voldemort.. Can't really imagine him doing that since he's made a lot of comedies!!

Yeah, I hate Bellatrix Lestrange too!! Evil woman!!

What do u guys think about Ginny? She's replaced Harry as Gryffindor's seeker and she seems really intelligent and stuff..

Iza
01-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Rowan Atkinson :eek: ????? I can't blive it! He looks so hilariuous in evil roles! I saw him in Scooby Doo playing the bad guy and he was so ridiculos! He just makes u laugh even if he's saying th freakieast thing ever! :lol:
And about the teachers' love life: good point! Just imagine, McGonagall w/Dumbledore or Snape with Madame Pomfrey or professor Sprout! :haha:

Lynne
01-17-2004, 02:25 PM
Lol, Snape and Prof. Sprout!!?! Sound and look weird together!! What about Madam Hooch?? :D

Iza
01-17-2004, 08:10 PM
yeah, snape and madam hooch :lol: that's a good one!

landoud
08-08-2004, 07:09 PM
ralph fiennes will play voldemort in 4th movie

Ballbuster
08-08-2004, 07:51 PM
ahhh there's one of these on WTAworld. Harry Potter kicks ass!!!

andyroxmysox12191
08-09-2004, 03:22 AM
oh i never saw this thread before....i LOVE harry potter!! :banana:

PennyThePenguin
08-09-2004, 04:01 AM
ME TOOOOOO!!!! fave character's sirius.... (and no...that's not the reason behind my nick being sirius. that was just a happy coincidence)

i want sirius to come baaaaccccckkkkk... i'm still in denial after so long.

andyroxmysox12191
08-09-2004, 04:12 AM
oh sirius cant be dead :sad: i started crying so hard from that point on til the end and i finished the book at like 1 or 2 in the morning the week that we got it (my brother and i switched days to read the book). it was just so sad :sad:

ytben
08-09-2004, 04:16 AM
Hi I am also a big HP fans :D :D Dunno how I can miss this thread. Yeah Sirius also my fave character :bigcry: Like sirius(the poster not the HP character), I am also still in denial about Sirius death. Sill believing he will make some sort of comeback. He can't be dead!!!

Ballbuster
08-09-2004, 04:19 AM
can we discuss possible endings here or will that spoil it for you?

PennyThePenguin
08-09-2004, 04:26 AM
discuss to ur hearts content my dear.

oh...here's a nice page u guys oughta read.

http://www.knight2king.net/Knight2King/Personal51.html

not sure if u guys have read it before, but it's got lots of theories abt how te book might end

Ballbuster
08-09-2004, 04:44 AM
oh that chess game corrollary has been circulated so much JKR certainly won't use it.

I'll give u a short synopsis of how I think the book will end, i'm going to base it on traditional literary archetypes, though i'm sure i'll be proved wrong:

Dumbledore will sacrifice himself in some sort of way that will allow Harry to kill Voldemort.
Harry will be so powerful himself that for safety reasons he too must be killed, probably by someone like Lupin.
Neville will live out Harry's dream of becoming a great Auror.

I also think Arthur Weasley will become Minister of Magic, he was the only one of the ministry who correctly believed Harry.

PennyThePenguin
08-09-2004, 04:46 AM
welll...rowling has already said on her site that unfortunately, arthur weasley won't be the next minister of magic

andyroxmysox12191
08-09-2004, 03:18 PM
i never read that before so that was very interesting. thank you! :hug:

PennyThePenguin
08-09-2004, 03:20 PM
talking to me mani? u're welcome if you were...and u're still welcome if u weren't :D

tall_one
08-09-2004, 07:20 PM
oh that chess game corrollary has been circulated so much JKR certainly won't use it. I beginning to think that too, but I wonder if she is too far into the story to make a complete u-turn on it. The chess game theory does have a few varitions on it depending on which site you read it on, I wonder if her version of it will just be a little differant than all the rest
I'll give u a short synopsis of how I think the book will end, i'm going to base it on traditional literary archetypes, though i'm sure i'll be proved wrong:

Dumbledore will sacrifice himself in some sort of way that will allow Harry to kill Voldemort.
Harry will be so powerful himself that for safety reasons he too must be killed, probably by someone like Lupin.
Neville will live out Harry's dream of becoming a great Auror.

I also think Arthur Weasley will become Minister of Magic, he was the only one of the ministry who correctly believed Harry.
hmmm I agree about Dumbledore dying, but I think the part about Lupin killing Harry is a little far fetched. Rowling already said Arthur Weasley won't be Minster of Magic, but I do think he will get a higher ranking job. Maybe he will fill Couch Sr.'s job (bah! I can't remember what his title was!) whatever that was.

hmmm, I do think that Peter Pettigrew will redeem himself somehow, probably be saving Harry's life and will either be killed killed in the process of saving Harry or will be killed because he saved him.

Any thoughts on who the new defense against the dark art teacher will be?

I've got 2 theories...

One it will be Snape since Harry needs to be able to take advanced potions to become a auror and I don't think he will have gotten a high enough grade on his OWLS for Snape to let him in so they will just have a differant teacher that will let Harry in. Plus I think Rowling has pasted by Snape enough times that everyone thinks he is never going to get the job so now is the ideal time to let him have it. Plus I would think it would be fun watching Snape trying to jinx Harry and Harry knowing all the counter jinxes ;)

Two, it will be one of Harrys mom's friends since we no know nothing about here I expect that we will find out more about Lily in book 6

Micca
08-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Im a HP fan too :p In my 2 week vacation I had nothing to do, so I read the 5th part in less than too weeks! hahahaha thats a record, cause I normally dont read that much :p Hahaha :haha: :lol:

papasmurf11
08-09-2004, 09:14 PM
hahah I got the harry potter 5th book the first day it came out and finished it that night Im sadly obsessed!

landoud
08-09-2004, 09:31 PM
i didn't read the 5th book too because it isn't transelated yet into arabic here in egypt and never published in english but anyway we are still waiting . i'm now reading the 4th for the 4th time:shrug:

PennyThePenguin
08-10-2004, 10:23 AM
hmmm, I do think that Peter Pettigrew will redeem himself somehow, probably be saving Harry's life and will either be killed killed in the process of saving Harry or will be killed because he saved him.

nice theories u've got running there. agree on the pettigrew part cos there have been hints thrown out abt how bonds are formed b/w two wizards when one saves the life of the other and blah blah blah....

now we know that the mark evans thing was just a coincidence... who's next? we haven't really heard much abt lily or james' family so i'm hoping for more of those. (hasn't harry got any really distant cousins and what nots? hmmm)

ytben
08-10-2004, 12:21 PM
BTW anybody have a theory why Peeves is afraid of the Bloody Baron so much?

Ferrero Forever
08-10-2004, 12:28 PM
1- the bloody baron killed him
2- the bloody baron is his father
i know, hopeless theories

PennyThePenguin
08-10-2004, 01:37 PM
he killed the bloody baron and must thus atone for his erm..."sins"?

Ballbuster
08-10-2004, 03:55 PM
Can anyone tell me who the head of the house of Ravenclaw is?

My guess is it's Professor Sinistra, the astronomy guy.

PennyThePenguin
08-11-2004, 01:41 AM
Can anyone tell me who the head of the house of Ravenclaw is?

My guess is it's Professor Sinistra, the astronomy guy.

it's been mentioned on jkrowling.com.... flitwick.

Ballbuster
08-11-2004, 02:19 AM
it's been mentioned on jkrowling.com.... flitwick.

hmmm, do you remember it ever being mentioned in the books?

I know the others, Snape, McGonagall, and then Sprout for Hufflepuff.
I had narrowed it down to either Flitwick, Sinistra, or some unknown teacher, but I thought Sinistra since Flitwick was really old plus they described him as really short.

Sirius21, can you also tell me who the Ghost for Ravenclaw is?
I know the others, Nick for Gryffindor, Bloody Baron for Slytherin, Fat Friar for Hufflepuff.

Corey Feldman
08-11-2004, 02:29 AM
Im not a harry potter fan....
But didnt they bring one out called Harry potter and the philosopher get stoned? http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/1/character11.gif thought these were children books :tape:

PennyThePenguin
08-11-2004, 02:35 AM
hmmm, do you remember it ever being mentioned in the books?

I know the others, Snape, McGonagall, and then Sprout for Hufflepuff.
I had narrowed it down to either Flitwick, Sinistra, or some unknown teacher, but I thought Sinistra since Flitwick was really old plus they described him as really short.

I know the others, Nick for Gryffindor, Bloody Baron for Slytherin, Fat Friar for Hufflepuff.

ummmmmm... don't think it was ever mentioned in the book abt the house master.

as for the ghost....ummmmmmmm no idea really. i have no idea why but i always associate ravenclaw with a female ghost...not myrtle though.... i think it's my subconscious acting weird. i've been wondering too actually.

andyroxmysox12191
08-11-2004, 03:36 AM
all this talk about harry has made me want to read the 5th book cause i need to go over everything that happened in it(the 5th one is the one where i keep on forgetting what happened) so i'm a ctually reading it right now :banana:

Fedex
08-11-2004, 04:42 AM
Hmmm, isnt it the grey lady?? :confused:

tall_one
08-11-2004, 12:25 PM
Hmmm, isnt it the grey lady?? :confused:
yes it is!!! I just found out where i'd seen it, it was on some quiz on mugglenet
HA Jiat!! I told you it was something like that! :p

PennyThePenguin
08-11-2004, 03:37 PM
yes it is!!! I just found out where i'd seen it, it was on some quiz on mugglenet
HA Jiat!! I told you it was something like that! :p

okkaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy.... gloat........ fine.... hmph!!!

LOL!!!

YAY!!! now we have a complete set of ghosts! but the grey lady seldom appears.