The "Can I have my rep points back to zero, please? Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The "Can I have my rep points back to zero, please? Thread

Denaon
03-31-2006, 06:32 PM
Let's keep our reps received, both bad and good....but please let's everyone start from zero since it seems there's nothing else to be done with the reputation system!!!

Please vote to agree or disagree to this!!!!!

Nathaliia
03-31-2006, 06:46 PM
Since I have maxed out few months ago ... I have a crisis :tape: But I always rep back. Having it from zero would be fun I guess.

03-31-2006, 07:06 PM
Let's keep our reps received, both bad and good....but please let's everyone start from zero since it seems there's nothing else to be done with the reputation system!!!

Please vote to agree or disagree to this!!!!!
Well sorry I voted no before I read your post. If we can keep our past Reps, I would say yes. I have many Reps with nice comments on them so I would hate to lose them.
But I really can't understand why nothing else can be done with the Reputation system?

Denaon
03-31-2006, 07:13 PM
Well sorry I voted no before I read your post. If we can keep our past Reps, I would say yes. I have many Reps with nice comments on them so I would hate to lose them.
But I really can't understand why nothing else can be done with the Reputation system?
Oh no..that's ok....I mean, I'm sure there will be some other posters that might not want this to be changed...

About the system...I guess there are more important stuff to solve...so if they put our rep points back to zero they'll have more time to figure what to do with it :lol:

Nathi, I do feel it could be fun too :yeah:

Denaon
03-31-2006, 07:45 PM
Geez...it seems noone is interested in the rep system either :haha:

Well, if we keep getting such amount of votes the YES will win, can you imagine (not that it could happen actually) if everyone's reputation points were changed back to zero by a three votes poll?? :haha:

Come on, let's hear your opinion!! :rocker:

nkhera1
03-31-2006, 09:56 PM
Is there anyone with a negative reputation?

Deboogle!.
03-31-2006, 10:05 PM
it's nice to leave messages for people when you just want to say hi and not go through sending a PM and stuff and it's nice to compliment someone on a particularly funny post or whatever, but I personally think the whole good and bad repping concept with the points and crap is well, just that. crap. It's very high school to me :shrug:

Lee
03-31-2006, 10:44 PM
I remember Amanda said you can request to have your own rep points reset to zero.

savesthedizzle
03-31-2006, 11:52 PM
I voted yes, but only if the old reps aren't deleted, because I love looking at my rep history and reading some of the reps and seeing what crazy posts I got repped for in the past :p It's no fun being maxed out :p

Nathaliia
04-01-2006, 12:28 AM
i don't care about my old rep history, I know my first rep was from Alison and it can be zeroed especially that I have just repped her and she's gonna rep me back when logging.

Denaon
04-01-2006, 02:23 AM
it's nice to leave messages for people when you just want to say hi and not go through sending a PM and stuff and it's nice to compliment someone on a particularly funny post or whatever, but I personally think the whole good and bad repping concept with the points and crap is well, just that. crap. It's very high school to me :shrug:
It actually does not matter if we all have it in the max...but does it make any harm having it back from the start?? I guess not and might bring some fun back to the repping thing...
I do use the rep to send short messages too...I can still do that...but then what's the use for something that does not provide the thing it was meant to..?:shrug:
I just say let's give it its purpose back :yeah:

Nathaliia
04-01-2006, 02:33 AM
Daniel lol at your signature at first. I wrote a post in "who was the last person who BAD repped you" but really I got couple of good reps for that. And I know there are people talking bad things about me, just thought they would be eager to bad rep me too.
Still... no one. I am letting myself believe I am an angel.

04-01-2006, 04:19 AM
I remember Amanda said you can request to have your own rep points reset to zero.
Yes Lee I remember that also. Amanda said you could go from "hero to zero", if you requested it. I think a lack of response to this poll could be one of two things: 1) not all that many members come to this section or 2) people don't care about the Rep. System one way or another. What if you posted your poll in the GM section?

Denaon
04-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Yes Lee I remember that also. Amanda said you could go from "hero to zero", if you requested it. I think a lack of response to this poll could be one of two things: 1) not all that many members come to this section or 2) people don't care about the Rep. System one way or another. What if you posted your poll in the GM section?
I don't want to be annoying posting this poll in the GM section....

About Amanda's proposal, I have said somewhere I really would like to have my points back to zero.....
I will make a louder statement by creating a thread about it :eek: another thread!!! :bolt:

;)

Denaon
04-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Ok, just edited the title of this one ;)

Amanda, I want my reputation points back to zero please!!

Lee
04-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Ok, just edited the title of this one ;)

Amanda, I want my reputation points back to zero please!!

It may work faster if you send her a PM.

Denaon
04-03-2006, 05:16 PM
It may work faster if you send her a PM.
Thx Lee, I already know that, but I do it this way so anyone that wants the same says: Hey, you know, I'd like my rep "points" deleted and start from 0 again.....

I know some people just think it's a stupid idea, and maybe it is...but harmless ;) and it annoys me much more to watch that exactly same figure everytime I check my reps.....

Lee
04-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Thx Lee, I already know that, but I do it this way so anyone that wants the same says: Hey, you know, I'd like my rep "points" deleted and start from 0 again.....

I know some people just think it's a stupid idea, and maybe it is...but harmless ;) and it annoys me much more to watch that exactly same figure everytime I check my reps.....

:p I never care about the points.

04-03-2006, 09:46 PM
:p I never care about the points.
Me either I just like the comments people make with the Reps ;)

Denaon
04-18-2006, 03:06 PM
Maybe the points aren't an issue by themselves.....

Now there's a fact to me...and perhaps this happen to others....since the points are stuck...I simply stopped repping as I used to do and now every time I want to rep my favourite posters I just can't coz I have to spread......

Now either way...or take the restriction to rep the same people or change the rep system or take it back to zero for everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Come on do sthg!!!!

:fiery:

Lee
04-18-2006, 06:51 PM
I would like that they don't limit how frequent you rep the same people. I don't rep frequently but a few posters always come up with something great but I can't rep them because of the restriction.

04-18-2006, 07:23 PM
I would like that they don't limit how frequent you rep the same people. I don't rep frequently but a few posters always come up with something great but I can't rep them because of the restriction.
I still don't know why something can't be done to raise the point total on Reps. Maybe a lack of money :rolleyes:
And I also would like to see the restriction taken off on how frequently you can Rep posters. But I don't want to loose all my nice Rep comments. And I don't remember ever getting an answer to if you get your point total set back to zero if you get to keep your old Rep comments or if they disappeared along with your point total :unsure:

Denaon
04-18-2006, 07:58 PM
See girls...after all it wasn't nonsense what I was asking for...

Mae I think if they took our points we would still keep our reps....
Lee, I was not a huge repper either..but I managed to keep my reps moving so i could always have a :hug: rep for my preferred ones......

BTW I have already asked Amanda my Zero points by Pm ;)

Deboogle!.
04-18-2006, 08:21 PM
I still don't know why something can't be done to raise the point total on Reps. Maybe a lack of money :rolleyes: I'm sure it has nothing to do with money. I'm sure it just has to do with the fact that there are a lot of things that need to be done here and the admins are only humans with real lives to take care of and fixing the rep stuff is probably just not on their list of priorities to do with the board.

Lee
04-18-2006, 08:42 PM
I still don't know why something can't be done to raise the point total on Reps. Maybe a lack of money :rolleyes:

I'm sure it has nothing to do with money. I'm sure it just has to do with the fact that there are a lot of things that need to be done here and the admins are only humans with real lives to take care of and fixing the rep stuff is probably just not on their list of priorities to do with the board.

This question I can answer. There's nothing the admin can do to raise the max. point on Reps. And to change it will cost lots of money.

I can expand my explanation but it will be very technical. ;)

Denaon
04-18-2006, 08:46 PM
Then.......... can we delete them all and start from zero??? :lol: :haha:
:rocker:
Uh oh!!! :bolt: Don't get mad at me!!!

Lee
04-18-2006, 08:50 PM
http://menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=61514&highlight=2147483647

This thread explains why the max. exists in rep points.

savesthedizzle
04-18-2006, 08:56 PM
I don't rep as often as I used to either. :sad: So then in return, I am also repped less. :lol:

Deboogle!.
04-18-2006, 09:29 PM
This question I can answer. There's nothing the admin can do to raise the max. point on Reps. And to change it will cost lots of money.

I can expand my explanation but it will be very technical. ;)exactly. If more people subscribe to the premium membership or whatever, it won't help them fix the problem. It has nothing to do with not having enough money :lol:

Personally, I'd rather see lots of other things done with the admins' time than dealing with this rep stuff, but that's just my opinion.

Denaon
04-18-2006, 09:41 PM
Personally, I'd rather see lots of other things done with the admins' time than dealing with this rep stuff, but that's just my opinion.

So that shall be because Amanda or whoever might be do know which things have the priority ...since, as you said, it's their time.

Let's keep this then in the bottom of all priorities...but still think about it :bounce:

04-18-2006, 11:29 PM
http://menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=61514&highlight=2147483647

This thread explains why the max. exists in rep points.
Lee I read that thread. I can't say I totally understood it, but I did read it. I know nothing about computers which is
why I'm sure I can't follow that thread. But I do know programs on computers can be changed. I don't know what amount of time or money that would take or who would do it? And Deb you are always talking about the Admins. have personal lives and there are maybe other things they want to do on the Forum. And yes I'm sure the Admins. have personal lives because all of the rest of us do also. And if there are things they would like done on the Forum they could tell us. Frankly I think with a Forum this size that part of the trouble is there are not enough Admins. for the Forum. And I don't know who decides how many and who are Admins. for this Forum? Because if I did I would be putting in a request for more people to be in charge of this Forum. IMO more help is needed for a Forum that is this big.

Lee
04-19-2006, 12:59 AM
Lee I read that thread. I can't say I totally understood it, but I did read it. I know nothing about computers which is
why I'm sure I can't follow that thread. But I do know programs on computers can be changed. I don't know what amount of time or money that would take or who would do it?

Yes, programs on computers can be changed but for this problem, the first thing that needs to change is the data field. The data field was set up a 'integer'. That's a number without decimals and can be positive or negative. And I don't know how well you know about binary system.

In order to allow the rep points to be higher, as suggested in that thread, the data field containing the rep points needs to change. It's HUGH!!!! Other than change the database, you have to find ALL programs access that data field and fix or recompile them. Changing programs in a system is not a simple task.

Remember the Y2K problem? (you may be too young about 10 years ago) It sounds simple adding 2 more digits to the year but it took my company over 3 years from planning, setting up timeline and resources, actually do the changes to programs and fully test the changes. And our system is for small to mid-size companies only. And this doesn't include the time for actually change the database of our customers and install the new programs. Of course, the change of rep point is a lot smaller compare to Y2K.

04-19-2006, 04:18 AM
Yes, programs on computers can be changed but for this problem, the first thing that needs to change is the data field. The data field was set up a 'integer'. That's a number without decimals and can be positive or negative. And I don't know how well you know about binary system.

In order to allow the rep points to be higher, as suggested in that thread, the data field containing the rep points needs to change. It's HUGH!!!! Other than change the database, you have to find ALL programs access that data field and fix or recompile them. Changing programs in a system is not a simple task.

Remember the Y2K problem? (you may be too young about 10 years ago) It sounds simple adding 2 more digits to the year but it took my company over 3 years from planning, setting up timeline and resources, actually do the changes to programs and fully test the changes. And our system is for small to mid-size companies only. And this doesn't include the time for actually change the database of our customers and install the new programs. Of course, the change of rep point is a lot smaller compare to Y2K.
Lee thank you so much. You did a very excellent job at explaining something very complicated in a way that I could understand it. So the Rep Fix is not something that can be done simply at all. Now I understand that. However, I still feel my point about this big Forum needing more Admins. is a valid one. Right now there are no matches up for vBetting at all. That is something that a lot of people including myself do like and care about. There should be more support in that area for sure. And I thought that was going to be taken care of, but apparently it wasn't. And I do seem to remember that some members did say they would be glad to help out in that area.

04-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Well I found out that the MTF wasn't as large as I thought.
While I couldn't get the MTF I took a look at the WTA. My
goodness all the Admins., etc. are there and why shouldn't they be? The WTA has more than double the MTF's membership :eek: The WTA has a large number of Moderators, then they have a few Super Moderators, and a list of people in the Admins. section. As someone who has no interest in Women's Tennis at all I have to admit I was surprised. However, I still think the MTF is large enough to at least have a few more people in charge.

NATAS81
04-19-2006, 11:48 PM
We need some mods here with the balls of WTA ones.

04-20-2006, 05:12 AM
We need some mods here with the balls of WTA ones.
You know I noticed a Sticky that they had on the WTA that said if you made a "rude comment" you would get a reprimand. Now I wish I would have read the Sticky to see what they considered a "rude comment". But even without reading the Sticky I got the definite feeling that the WTA is-- how shall I say this--how about less liberal than the MTF. :lol: I don't even think we have enough mods to be handing out reprimands to people :rolleyes:

am&a
04-20-2006, 06:11 AM
Of course, the change of rep point is a lot smaller compare to Y2K.NO IT'S NOT. |:. how dare you insinuate that rep points aren't what makes the entire world turn. they are almost as important as VBETTING.

Deboogle!.
04-20-2006, 06:12 AM
You know I noticed a Sticky that they had on the WTA that said if you made a "rude comment" you would get a reprimand. Now I wish I would have read the Sticky to see what they considered a "rude comment". But even without reading the Sticky I got the definite feeling that the WTA is-- how shall I say this--how about less liberal than the MTF. :lol: I don't even think we have enough mods to be handing out reprimands to people :rolleyes:WTAWorld makes MTF look tiny, and some of the people over there make the meanest MTF posers look nice. There is a much larger need for strict moderation there than here. It's not called WTAHell for no reason :) The supermods are very responsive to rude comments here and the most active player forums have mods. Reported posts are dealt with very quickly, at least that has been my experience

04-20-2006, 06:35 AM
WTAWorld makes MTF look tiny, and some of the people over there make the meanest MTF posers look nice. There is a much larger need for strict moderation there than here. It's not called WTAHell for no reason :) The supermods are very responsive to rude comments here and the most active player forums have mods. Reported posts are dealt with very quickly, at least that has been my experience
I was not aware that the WTA was called that. Would a poster be allowed to follow another poster around the Forum making fun of them be allowed on the WTA?

Lee
04-20-2006, 09:12 PM
NO IT'S NOT. |:. how dare you insinuate that rep points aren't what makes the entire world turn. they are almost as important as VBETTING.

My bad. But that's not what I mean. I know rep points are VERY important. It's just that changing the rep points is a less complicate work than Y2K.

Deboogle!.
04-20-2006, 10:02 PM
I was not aware that the WTA was called that. Would a poster be allowed to follow another poster around the Forum making fun of them be allowed on the WTA?I don't know, I don't post there, I've only read various things and been pretty horrified by what I saw. I just know it's a lot worse than here - it's a lot bigger to begin with - so there is a much bigger need for control there. The problems that we seem to have here are mostly isolated problems, one person has a problem with another person and it can easily be dealt with by utilizing the ignore list. There are some broad problems in GM but it's nothing to the level of WTAWorld as far as I know.

04-21-2006, 08:04 AM
My bad. But that's not what I mean. I know rep points are VERY important. It's just that changing the rep points is a less complicate work than Y2K.
Lee that post was not meant for you it was meant for me.
Don't worry about it ;)

04-21-2006, 08:16 AM
I don't know, I don't post there, I've only read various things and been pretty horrified by what I saw. I just know it's a lot worse than here - it's a lot bigger to begin with - so there is a much bigger need for control there. The problems that we seem to have here are mostly isolated problems, one person has a problem with another person and it can easily be dealt with by utilizing the ignore list. There are some broad problems in GM but it's nothing to the level of WTAWorld as far as I know.
Well I don't think I agree with you that a problem can be easily dealt with by utilizing the ignore list. But the ignore list does help.

Denaon
05-03-2007, 07:28 PM
:rocker: Come on!!!!

+alonso
05-03-2007, 07:30 PM
I want more rep points! :D PLEASE!!!!

scarecrows
05-03-2007, 07:32 PM
why you wanna fall down when you are at your peak? :awww:

Denaon
05-03-2007, 07:39 PM
why you wanna fall down when you are at your peak? :awww:

I'm not satisfied!!!! I want to be at the bottom to return to the top!!!! :rocker:

:crazy:

Denaon
05-04-2007, 04:28 PM
Alonso....it seems noone cares about this idea :sad:

Although....if you add those that voted "whatever" to the ones that voted "YES" we have a nice amount of posters willing for a change :devil: :p

:rolls: :rocker:

Denaon
05-04-2007, 04:32 PM
I've run a couple of unsuccesful sites (forums) :o, though they were not vbulletin, they had some interesting add-ons....which I think vbulletin has too....
Maybe that's where the twist should be done with the rep system....:shrug:

05-17-2007, 07:14 PM
I've run a couple of unsuccesful sites (forums) :o, though they were not vbulletin, they had some interesting add-ons....which I think vbulletin has too....
Maybe that's where the twist should be done with the rep system....:shrug:
Well I have to say I'm not as interested in the rep system as I once was since we don't get to keep our rep history :sad: I had a lot of nice reps people were kind enough to give me and now so many of them are gone :bigcry: And in a poll with "I dont care-whatever" I think "whatever" will always win :lol:

Denaon
05-17-2007, 07:22 PM
Well I have to say I'm not as interested in the rep system as I once was since we don't get to keep our rep history :sad: I had a lot of nice reps people were kind enough to give me and now so many of them are gone :bigcry: And in a poll with "I dont care-whatever" I think "whatever" will always win :lol:
Whatever :rolleyes:

:rolls: :lol:

Denaon
05-17-2007, 07:33 PM
I don't really care much about the rep history....well...I'd rather have my bad rep history available than the whole thing....I wan to remember my enemies' words towards my being :mad: :armed:

Anyhow....noone will listen to this idea...somehow people are always reluctant to changes....however this should not be a big change....

05-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Whatever :rolleyes:

:rolls: :lol:
:p With the redesign people will have to get used to some changes :)

Denaon
05-17-2007, 08:01 PM
:p With the redesign people will have to get used to some changes :)

I guess so....I haven't been much on WTAWorld...so I can't say a thing about those changes....:shrug: