Not enuff.... Guga lose again... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Not enuff.... Guga lose again...

Becool
08-06-2002, 04:22 PM
... :sad:

6-3 6-2 to Tim :sad: :sad:

Guga's really different. He is not chasing for some balls, and also didn't moved well :o

I hope he gets a better draw in US Open, or in his next tournament.. GOOD LUCK GUGGS! Don't give up!

Sonic
08-06-2002, 07:54 PM
I thought it was 6-3 6-4?

I have no idea whats going on in Guga's head. Miss a MS event or two, and help heal whatever is obviously hurting him, or play tournaments, lose early, get more hurt, be less fit for the upcoming GS. I obviously am missing something.

Dissident
08-07-2002, 03:01 AM
It was indeed 6-3 6-4.
As for what you´re saying, Sonic, I ask you another question:
And what if that thing hurting him is not physical? It looks a lot more like the normal mental block and fear of getting re-injured. His shots are ok, but his mind is braking him. If thats the case, he needs matches.
He said after his match today exactly that. He is at 70% of his potential and his main goal is too feel well on-court. His aim is next season. So, whenever he has no points to defend, things tend to get better. Dark days are coming.
Maybe he should play small tournaments on clay and try to get the confidence in himself again.

Sonic
08-07-2002, 09:23 AM
And what if its physical? You don't retire from Toronto in the first round because the thoughts in your head aren't 100% focused.

Chloe le Bopper
08-07-2002, 10:09 AM
The papers in Toronto said that it was his hip that was bothering him :confused:

TheBoiledEgg
08-07-2002, 11:10 AM
He will bounce back :)

and the thing is he will be unseeded for the AUS Open most likely as well

and then next years Masters Series event he will also be unseeded

Guga is gonna be one hell of a dangerous player when it comes to the Masters Series events on clay in 2003

Hope he gets the potato/henboy or Andy in rd1 and :D

Nimi
08-07-2002, 11:13 AM
Go Guga :)

warfreakbix
08-07-2002, 11:30 AM
I think Guga came back too soon from his hip injury to get ready for RG. Now he is suffering its consequences, no confidence and a recurrence of the said injury. I hope he wises up and rest.
Go GUGA! :D

Becool
08-07-2002, 03:59 PM
Yes was 6-3 6-4 *blushes*

thank you :)

Martin
08-07-2002, 04:12 PM
After the US Open, he should just have a long rest and make sure he is fine for next year. It's all about next year for him, if he carries on like this, he'll end up possibly doing some more damage to his hip, plus mentally he'll feel even worse if he keeps losing.

Lily
08-07-2002, 04:31 PM
I absolutely 100% agree with you, Martin

Go Sweet Guga :)

Sonic
08-07-2002, 08:03 PM
it seems for once the whole of atpworld does not disagree with me.

Dissident
08-08-2002, 06:10 PM
I keep on 'disagreeing', if thats what you are implying. I have my own opinions, and if everyone thinks different, great! We can have a great civilized debate on it.
My opinion is the following:
Think about two situations.
Guga was feeling that injury since last year in May or something. He won Roland Garros injured. That in mind, he didnt show anything that could make you think he was injured. Now I ask, why?
Because, when things are working fine and you are feeling well, your mind is light, and it is easier to do everything. By the end of the year, whenever he had a tough time, the injury "magically" started to bother him. Now I ask, why?
MIND.
Thats what I meant.
He is AFRAID of getting reinjured. He did feel something, but that wouldnt make him stop playing if he was feeling ok. A lot of times it happens that you are so afraid of something that you just feel it.
Im not saying thats THE REASON in itself, but its making it harder on him. If thats the case, he would need matches to feel the ball better and get confidence, in order to BELIEVE that he is indeed cured. If not, he will struggle for looooooong, like Magnus is. Norman is clinically cured. But mentally he is even more injured than before.

Thats what I meant. :)