Panchito and Ale mowing down the US in their own backyard !!! VAMOS CHILE !!!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Panchito and Ale mowing down the US in their own backyard !!! VAMOS CHILE !!!!!

GonzoFan
03-28-2006, 03:14 AM
CHILENOS !!!! CHILENOS !!!! CHILENOS DE CORAZON !!!!!

VAMOS !!!!!!!

CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE VIVA CHILE !!!!!!!!!

*IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING*

GonzoFan
03-28-2006, 03:55 AM
Here is something about DC (interview with Gonzo)

An interview with:

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Q. And for sure, do you plan to go to Fisher Island to practice after the tournament?

FERNANDO GONZALEZ: I mean, after the tournament, we need to practice on grass. I mean, I haven't talked with the captain yet, but that's one of the chances that we have, is to go to Fisher Island, and the other one is to go straight to California.

Q. What would be preferable for you?

FERNANDO GONZALEZ: We have to see. I mean, practice on grass, the grass is, I mean, almost the same everywhere.

But I need to talk to him first, and then we gonna see.

Q. You have no idea whether or not you have any difficulty getting a reservation to use Fisher Island?

FERNANDO GONZALEZ: I don't know. I have no idea. I mean, I haven't talked to him.

Sparko1030
03-28-2006, 04:00 AM
My brain is a little tired out tonight so no new ideas for a thread title from me! :lol: But I like your's anyway Gonzofan :)

NicoFan
03-28-2006, 12:50 PM
I like the title too! :yeah:

VAMOS CHILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting excited for the matches.

I really want our chicos to win!!!

RogiFan88
03-28-2006, 03:37 PM
:)

OK, guys, both Alex Corretja and Roger Federer are wishing you luck and Alex thinks CHL has a chance vs. USA on grass cos he said if he can beat Sampras on grass in USA in DC, why not CHL?

SO....

CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE VIVA CHILE!

Hey, will this tie be on TV in US? I guess so! Wish we got it...

GonzoFan
03-28-2006, 04:15 PM
NicoFan posted this on Nico's forum.

Courier talking about DC :rolleyes:
no comments ... :lol:

Courier says U.S. to have mental edge in Davis Cup
By John Delong
Journal Sports Columnist
Tuesday, March 28, 2006

CHARLOTTE - Jim Courier, former tennis great, is keeping busy at the ripe old age of 35. He's a business partner and player on the fledgling Outback Champions Series, a five-tournament senior-tennis circuit featuring John McEnroe, Boris Becker, Goran Ivanisevic, Michael Chang, Mats Wilander and other forehand blasts from the past.

He's a television analyst for various networks at various Grand Slam venues. He's active with his charitable foundation, Courier's Kids. He's on several advisory boards and is always on call as an all-around ambassador for the game.

Yesterday, he was also an odds-maker.

U.S. a favorite

The 2006 Davis Cup quarterfinals are less than two weeks away, and Courier - a coach on the U.S. team that beat India in a World Group Qualifier at Joel Coliseum in the fall of 2001 - has been sizing up the brackets.

He labels the United States as an overwhelming favorite to beat Chile on grass in Rancho Mirage, Calif. And he gives France a 40-percent chance of winning at Russia in the opposite quarterfinal tie.

Those are encouraging lines in regard to Winston-Salem's efforts to land the Davis Cup semifinals in September. The U.S. will serve as host if the U.S. and France win, and USTA officials have already tabbed Joel Coliseum as a possible site. If the U.S. loses, obviously, it won't be the host of anything in September. If the U.S. wins and Russia beats France, the U.S. would travel to Russia.

"I think the U.S. gets through that match," Courier said. "They'll be a heavy favorite in all five matches. The Chileans are dangerous, but in my mind, it will be the U.S. without a whole lot of problem."

A close matchup

Courier said that the France-Russia quarterfinal could hinge on the status of Russia's Marat Safin, still trying to regain his form after being sidelined with injuries.

"France and Russia, I give Russia a slight edge, maybe 3-2 for Russia. But it all depends on Safin. If he's healthy, he's favored against virtually anyone he plays with the exception of Federer. But I don't know how well he's playing. France is so tough in Davis Cup. For whatever reason, the French players tend to play their best tennis of the season during Davis Cup. They're just solid all-around, all-court players anymore. So it all depends on Safin."

Courier was at the Palisades Country Club for a news conference announcing the Championships at the Palisades, a Champions Series tournament scheduled for Sept. 20-24.

That, coincidentally, is the same week of the Davis Cup semifinals. The Davis Cup will run Friday through Sunday, while the Champions tournament will run Wednesday through Sunday.

A preference for grass

Courier said he understood completely why Andy Roddick and other U.S. players pushed so hard to play the quarterfinal against Chile on a grass surface. That's been the subject of discussion since the site was announced in late February. USTA officials confirmed that Winston-Salem made the best offer, but Rancho Mirage was chosen because the players demanded to play on grass instead of an indoor hardcourt surface.

Roddick won his only Grand Slam title on hardcourt in the U.S. Open. James Blake is far better on hardcourt than grass. The doubles team of Bob and Mike Bryan isn't significantly better on grass. And Francisco Gonzalez, Chile's top player, reached the Wimbledon quarterfinals last year before losing to Roger Federer. Those aren't compelling reasons to demand grass.

But Courier believes that the U.S. will now have an extreme emotional edge.

This week's Nasdaq 100 in Miami is being played on hardcourts. After the Davis Cup, the Chileans will head to Europe for the clay-court season, but the Americans will either go to Houston or take some time off.

"It's probably a 20-percent difference from a playability standpoint," Courier said. "But it's probably a 50-percent difference mentally for the players. Not only the positive impact it has for the U.S. players, but the negative impact it has for the Chilean players.

"Think of it this way. The Chilean players really get amped up and excited about playing on clay courts. That's a big opportunity for them to move their ranking in the right direction. This is right before the clay-court season. So for them to have to go from hardcourts to strapping on their grasscourt shoes, in California, as far away from Europe as you can get. And then they're going to have to turn around and go nine time zones away to Europe. Whereas, the Americans aren't going to go to Europe in the aftermath of the Davis Cup, they're going to regroup in the States and play Houston and relax a bit.

"They're not as concerned about making their ranking in the clay-court season, and that's a big difference. That's probably a driving force for the players."

Fan-friendly tennis

So maybe it will all work out and the U.S. will benefit from playing on grass, and Winston-Salem will wind up getting its Davis Cup in September.

Fergie
03-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Vamos chicos! :bounce:

enqvistfan
03-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Good luck to Chile, the boys can do it, vamos :bounce:

GonzoFan
03-28-2006, 05:16 PM
:)

OK, guys, both Alex Corretja and Roger Federer are wishing you luck and Alex thinks CHL has a chance vs. USA on grass cos he said if he can beat Sampras on grass in USA in DC, why not CHL?

Don't forget about Coria :eek: http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/konfus/e015.gif

In an interview with Cooperativa he said that he will go to see the matches in Rancho Mirage (he'll be there in California getting ready for the clay season with his coach) because he likes Davis Cup and he will be supporting Chile and hopes will give the surprise just like Argentina did it last year in Australia.

He also said that everything is well with Massu and it's impossible to be angry at him because he is too nice and about Gonzo said that he would like to leave everything in the past but what he said really hurt him but he doesn't have problems with any of them.

NicoFan
03-28-2006, 05:21 PM
For Davis Cup we really need to have just one forum! :lol:

I think that Guille and Fernando will work things out - I hope so at least. The South Americans have to stick together.

VAMOS FRANCISCO! ;) :lol:

GonzoFan
03-28-2006, 05:26 PM
http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?id=13687

Nominations for World Group Quarterfinal ties

Team nominations for the 2006 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas World Group quarterfinals, taking place on 7-9 April, can be found below.

Live scoring for all World Group ties will be available on the Davis Cup website throughout the weekend, along with the usual array of reports, photos, and interviews. Davis Cup Radio, the official audio service of the competition, will be bringing you a daily round-up of all the action.

As action unfolds around the world, you will be able to access a radio-style update right here, rounding up all the Davis Cup news and results. There will be reaction from players as well as expert analysis from the Tennis Radio Network, who will be providing the daily show.

CROATIA v ARGENTINA
Venue: Zagreb, Croatia (carpet – indoors)

CROATIA
Ivan Ljubicic (playing captain)
Mario Ancic
Sasa Tuksar
Marin Cilic

ARGENTINA
David Nalbandian
Juan Ignacio Chela
Jose Acasuso
Agustin Calleri
Captain: Alberto Mancini

AUSTRALIA v BELARUS
Venue: Melbourne, Australia (hard (rebound ace) - outdoors)

AUSTRALIA
Lleyton Hewitt
Chris Guccione
Wayne Arthurs
Paul Hanley
Captain: John Fitzgerald

BELARUS
Max Mirnyi
Vladimir Voltchkov
Serguei Tarasevitch
Alexandr Zotov
Captain: Dmitry Tatur

FRANCE v RUSSIA
Venue: Pau, France (carpet (Taraflex) – indoors)

FRANCE
Richard Gasquet
Sebastien Grosjean
Arnaud Clement
Michael Llodra
Captain: Guy Forget

RUSSIA
Marat Safin
Nikolay Davydenko
Mikhail Youzhny
Dmitry Tursunov
Captain: Shamil Tarpischev

USA v CHILE
Venue: Rancho Mirage, CA, USA (grass – outdoors)

USA tbc
Andy Roddick
James Blake
Mike Bryan
Bob Bryan
Captain: Patrick McEnroe

CHILE
Fernando Gonzalez
Nicolas Massu
Paul Capdeville
Adrian Garcia
Captain: Hans Gildemeister

GonzoFan
03-28-2006, 05:32 PM
No surprises at all ...

Roddick and Blake and Francisco and Alejandro ... as expected

enqvistfan
03-28-2006, 05:46 PM
No surprises at all ...

Roddick and Blake and Francisco and Alejandro ... as expected

I like their second first names, Alejandro (Alexandre) is one of my favourite first name and I prefer Francisco than Fernando :) In French, Fernando is a very old name (name of our grand-fathers) lol

GonzoFan
03-28-2006, 05:55 PM
I like their second first names, Alejandro (Alexandre) is one of my favourite first name and I prefer Francisco than Fernando :) In French, Fernando is a very old name (name of our grand-fathers) lol

I also like those names.

Now instead of calling Feña, Gonzo we should call him Pancho :haha:
(at least here in Chile we call almost all the Franciscos, Pancho :lol: )

:eek: Feña has so many different names :lol: in only one sentence I called him in three different ways :haha:

NicoFan
03-28-2006, 06:07 PM
I think both guys have sexy full names! ;) Fernando Francisco...Nicolas Alejandro...

But I don't like Pancho! :lol: At all. :eek:

What's strange about Fernando's nicknames is that when I go to tournaments, the people close to him (friends and family) only seem to call him Fer or Fernando. Never Fena, Gonzo, Nando, etc. Or Francisco or Pancho! :haha:

GonzoFan
03-28-2006, 06:16 PM
I don't like Pancho either :lol:

When I think about someone called Pancho I imagine a fat guy :shrug: I don't know why :shrug:

Yes, that's true ... no one calls Feña by the nicknames we always call him :shrug:
As you said, everyone calls him Fernando and Horacio always calls him Fer.

RogiFan88
03-28-2006, 06:19 PM
You must be thinking of Sancho Panza fr Don Quijote de la Mancha!! :lol:

NicoFan
03-28-2006, 06:25 PM
Stefano (Nico's brother) calls Fernando Fer too.

Pancho does sound like a fat guy. :eek: :lol:

GonzoFan
03-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Really ?? I didn't know Stefano calls Pancho, Fer :lol:

GonzoFan
03-28-2006, 06:28 PM
You must be thinking of Sancho Panza fr Don Quijote de la Mancha!! :lol:

maybe :haha:

RogiFan88
03-28-2006, 06:36 PM
Hey, guys, the Nico DC thread is much longer than the Fena DC thread -- waddup w that?!

Sparko1030
03-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Hey, guys, the Nico DC thread is much longer than the Fena DC thread -- waddup w that?!

I think its been up a lot longer. :p Gonzofan started Fernando's last night.

RogiFan88
03-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Chile finalizes its Davis Cup roster
U.S. roster to be set today
The Associated Press
Leighton Ginn
The Desert Sun
March 28, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RANCHO MIRAGE - Fernando Gonzalez and Nicolas Massu will be joined by Paul Capdeville and Adrian Garcia on the Chilean Davis Cup team when they take on the United States on April 7-9 at Mission Hills Country Club.
Capdeville is ranked No. 105 while Adrian Garcia is 181 in the world.

However, it's likely Gonzalez and Massu would play the four singles points and team to play the one doubles, provided they are healthy.

The U.S. will officially announce its team today, with the second singles spot up in the air. U.S. captain Patrick McEnroe has said Andy Roddick and the doubles team of Bob and Mike Bryan were locks.

James Blake is the hottest U.S. player, having won titles in Sydney and Las Vegas. Last week, Blake reached the finals of the Pacific Life Open.

Blake, ranked No. 9, was also the hero of the U.S.'s first-round victory over Romania, scoring two of the team's four victories.

However, Blake has struggled on grass, the surface that will be used at Mission Hills.

Andre Agassi, who is ranked 10th in the world, expressed interest, but pulled out of this week's Nasdaq-100 Open with a bulging disc in his back.

Helping Chile reach the World Group was Gonzalez, who went 7-0 in 2004, including 4-0 in singles, to lead Chile past Peru, Ecuador and Japan. Gonzalez has a 21-7 record in the Davis Cup, including 12-3 in singles.

Massu has not lost a Davis Cup match since 2002, a doubles loss to Mexico with Marcelo Rios.

In singles, Massu has not lost since a four-set defeat at the hands of Dominik Hrbaty in September
http://www.thedesertsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060328/SPORTS07/603280339/1002

GonzoFan
03-28-2006, 06:43 PM
I think its been up a lot longer. :p Gonzofan started Fernando's last night.

yup ...

Nico's started just after we defeated Slovakia I guess and I started this one last night as you said.

GonzoFan
03-28-2006, 06:46 PM
VOTE VOTE VOTE !!!

Should we change the thread title to Mowing down the US in their own backyard or not?

I say YES! :lol:

NicoFan
03-28-2006, 06:47 PM
Really ?? I didn't know Stefano calls Pancho, Fer :lol:

Yup.

Actually its Ferrrrrrrrr - gotta roll those r's in espanol (sometime btw that I can't do). ;) :lol:

Just like Nico always says sorrrrrrry....

NicoFan
03-28-2006, 06:48 PM
VOTE VOTE VOTE !!!

Should we change the thread title to Mowing down the US in their own backyard or not?

I say YES! :lol:

I say YES too!!! And its a great answer to the thread in Andy's forum! ;) :woohoo:

RogiFan88
03-28-2006, 06:51 PM
I can't rrrrrrrrrrrroll my RRRRRRRRRRRRRRs either and for someone who speaks Spanish, it ain't so good... I have to be in that Latino mood to pronounce it properly. Mind you, I speak Castellano. Once some Argie person told me I have a "Madrid" accent... makes me sound so posh [and Posh and Becks do live in Madrid, don't they?!].

GonzoFan
03-28-2006, 06:51 PM
Yes! they have something like Mowing down the chileans, right?

VAMOS CHILEEEEEE !!!!! :woohoo:

NicoFan
03-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Love the title change GF! :woohoo: It looks great!

RogiFan a Madrid accent is supposed to be the "true" spanish accent...so very good! :yeah:

NicoFan
03-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Wait!!!!

:lol:

It should be El Cisco Keed (or Fena Francisco) and Nico Ale Mowing Down the US in their own backyard!!! VAMOS CHILE! :haha:

GonzoFan
03-28-2006, 07:01 PM
I changed it :haha:

I love it :haha:

I'll change it again

Peoples
03-28-2006, 07:01 PM
Good luck to the guys :)

Don't forget about Coria :eek: http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/konfus/e015.gif

In an interview with Cooperativa he said that he will go to see the matches in Rancho Mirage (he'll be there in California getting ready for the clay season with his coach) because he likes Davis Cup and he will be supporting Chile and hopes will give the surprise just like Argentina did it last year in Australia.

He also said that everything is well with Massu and it's impossible to be angry at him because he is too nice and about Gonzo said that he would like to leave everything in the past but what he said really hurt him but he doesn't have problems with any of them.
I'm not sure I like that, nor do I believe that guy can be sincere.. :rolleyes: When he'll face Feña or Nico in singles at any time, the old nasty antics will be back.

NicoFan
03-28-2006, 07:03 PM
OMG!!! I'm dying here!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the best!!!!

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Sparko1030
03-28-2006, 07:04 PM
I changed it :haha:

I love it :haha:

I'll change it again

PERFECT Gonzofan!!! :rolls:

GonzoFan
03-28-2006, 07:09 PM
So I guess we should keep this thread title :lol:

I wonder what the people from Roddick's forum would think if they read the title :haha:

GonzoFan
03-28-2006, 07:21 PM
I was thinking ... and if we beat the USA using this title we should call the boys that way always :lol:

NicoFan
03-28-2006, 07:32 PM
I wonder what the people from Roddick's forum would think if they read the title :haha:

The question is - do we care what Roddick's forum thinks? :devil: :haha:

They said some mean things about my Nico a couple days ago during his Radek match. :mad: Their loss though cuz I had some great pictures of Andy I was going to post there...but not now. :p :lol:

NicoFan
03-28-2006, 07:33 PM
I was thinking ... and if we beat the USA using this title we should call the boys that way always :lol:

:yeah: Definitely!!!

:wavey: I'm leaving work in a few - talk to y'all later!

Pancho y Ale... :haha:

GonzoFan
03-28-2006, 07:35 PM
Talk and laugh with you later :wavey: :lol:

enqvistfan
03-28-2006, 07:46 PM
Great new title girls :haha:

GonzoFan
03-28-2006, 07:48 PM
Hi Val :wavey:

if you want to have a good laugh you should check Nico's forum (DC thread) :haha:

Now they boys names are Panchito and Ale :haha:

RogiFan88
03-28-2006, 07:52 PM
:) Here's my tribute in cartoon to the Chilean Davis Cup Team 2006 QF v USA.
**(I've changed Gonzo's name to Panchito!)

GonzoFan
03-28-2006, 07:57 PM
That's great, RogiFan !!! :yeah:

:haha:

Sparko1030
03-28-2006, 08:00 PM
:) Here's my tribute in cartoon to the Chilean Davis Cup Team 2006 QF v USA:

:rolls: I had a good laugh over that one Rogifan! Very fitting too -the "Impossible Dream" from Man from LaMancha....Impossible is Nothing!!!

GonzoFan
03-28-2006, 08:53 PM
http://www.usta.com/protennis/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=317379&itype=921&icategoryid=171

Chile Names Squad To Face U.S. Davis Cup Team

3/28/06 2:58 PM

U.S. Davis Cup captain Patrick McEnroe today named Andy Roddick, James Blake, Bob Bryan, and Mike Bryan to face Chile in the 2006 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas quarterfinal against the United States on grass at the Mission Hills Country Club in Rancho Mirage, Calif., April 7-9.

Roddick, Blake, and the Bryans are the same four-man squad that defeated Romania, 4-1, at the La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club in February.

Hans Gildemeister, captain of the Chilean team earlier announced that world No. 19 Fernando Gonzalez, No. 43 Nicolas Massu, No. 105 Paul Capdeville and No. 181 Adrian Garcia will comprise his line-up for the tie.

The winner of U.S. vs. Chile advances to face either France or Russia in the World Group semifinals, September 22-24.

Here is a brief overview of the Davis Cup careers of Gonzalez and Massu:

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Years played: 9 (1998-2006)
Ties played: 16 (Chile is 8-3 when Gonzalez plays singles)
Overall record: 21-7
Singles record: 12-3
Doubles record: 9-4

Gonzalez has played in all but three ties for Chile since making his debut as a 17-year-old in 1998 against Argentina (lost to Franco Squillari 6-3, 4-6, 6-2, 6-0) in an American Group I semifinal. He helped Chile qualify for the 2005 World Group by going 7-0 in 2004 including a perfect 4-0 in singles to lead Chile past Peru, Ecuador and Japan and into the World Group for the first time in 20 years.

He is 7-2 in doubles when he partners with Nicolas Massu and 1-1 when he partners with Adrian Garcia.

He has never played a Davis Cup tie on grass before but reached the quarterfinals at Wimbledon in 2005, a career best, while becoming the first Chilean since Ricardo Acuna (currently a USTA National Coach) in 1985 to reach the final eight at the All-England Club.

NICOLAS MASSU

Years played: 10 (1996-2002, 2004-2006)
Ties played: 17 (Chile is 12-3 when Massu plays singles)
Overall record: 25-9
Singles record: 17-4
Doubles record: 8-5

Massu has not lost a Davis Cup match since a doubles loss to Mexico (with partner Marcelo Rios) in July 2002 and has not lost in singles since a four-set loss to Dominik Hrbaty of the Slovak Republic in September 2001. He is 8-0 in singles since then and currently has a 10-match singles and doubles Davis Cup winning streak. In the 2006 first round this February, he defeated Hrbaty in the second match of the opening day then partnered with Fernando Gonzalez to win the doubles and stake Chile to an insurmountable 3-0 lead over last year’s runner-up.

He missed Chile’s first round World Group tie against Russia in 2005 with a stress fracture in his left foot that sidelined him for three months. Massu made his Davis Cup debut at age 16 in 1996, losing a singles match to Canada’s Sebastien Lareau in Edmonton.

GonzoFan
03-29-2006, 04:58 AM
www.cooperativa.cl

Three daily practices contemplates the work of the Chilean Davis Cup team

Captain Hans Gildemeister has contemplated a demanding plan of training for the tie of 7, 8 and 9 of April against the United States.

The complicated adaptation to the grass courts forced the captain of the Chilean team, Hans Gildemeister, to make a meticulous and demanding plan of work, that even contemplates days with three daily practices.

"We will have three daily practices until this Sunday because we will have two courts for us, 12 hours a day", commented Gildemeister.

"(Fernando) González and (Nicolas) Massú will rest two days, next Thursday we are traveling to Palm Springs, where I have courts reserved, and Monday (3 of April) we can use the official court in Mission Hills from 09:00 to 12:00 and from 16:30 to 18:00".

Gildemeister said that there is an additional point in the preparation, after the hard elimination of González and Massú of the Masters Series of Miami.

"Most important it is that the mental part is better, that was what I was worried about. It is necessary to do a work, to talk with them, today (Tuesday) I did it twice with Fernando and with Nicolas we were eating together and talking about tennis... Nico likes to talk about tennis... is necessary to change them the "switch"".

Chile and the United States will play the 7, 8 and 9 of April in the Mission Hills Country Club of Rancho Mirage (California) the quaterfinals of the Davis Cup.

*Viva Chile*
03-29-2006, 05:39 AM
"Think of it this way. The Chilean players really get amped up and excited about playing on clay courts. That's a big opportunity for them to move their ranking in the right direction. This is right before the clay-court season. So for them to have to go from hardcourts to strapping on their grasscourt shoes, in California, as far away from Europe as you can get. And then they're going to have to turn around and go nine time zones away to Europe. Whereas, the Americans aren't going to go to Europe in the aftermath of the Davis Cup, they're going to regroup in the States and play Houston and relax a bit.

"They're not as concerned about making their ranking in the clay-court season, and that's a big difference. That's probably a driving force for the players."

Jimbo don't know chilean players for sure....... FIRST, all the efforts for DAVIS CUP!!!!!!!!!!!! and then let's see what happened with the clay season ;)

*Viva Chile*
03-29-2006, 05:47 AM
I don't like Pancho either

When I think about someone called Pancho I imagine a fat guy I don't know why

All Panchos that I know are slim :shrug:

Don't forget about Coria

I didn't know that weasels like grass :p

NicoFan
03-29-2006, 12:23 PM
From latercera.cl:

More than if Fernando González and Nicolas Massú adapt well to grass, al captain of the Chilean team of Cup Davis, Hans Gildemeister, interests him that his star players be calm. That they be removed of the head their painful elimination in Miami, although that signify to lose two days of training.

Thus it determined it the responsible for the national assembly, who agreed to the petitions of both players and rejected the option to advance work in Florida, in the courts of the Club Fisher Island, that already they were at the disposal of the group that will face to United States.

"Fernando spoke with me... and he seems me well. That so much he as the Nicolas they rest two days, so that Thursday (tomorrow) early we go to Los Angeles", explains Gildemeister from Key Biscayne. The idea, as clarifies the same one coach of Chile, is that "they rest, that be removed the tension of the last days. Thus will be simpler to recover them".

In turn, Fernando González admitted from Miami that is the best decision, for alivianar the load of two hard losses in Miami, in matches that they had practically won. "These days of rest will be good for us", aimed the racquet number one of the country.

Before the statements of Pat McEnroe, who said not to be worried because his rival have more time to be prepared in the grass. Gildemeister commented that "seems me well that be chirped thus. To me also I had liked that Fernando and Nicolas had advanced one or two rounds more in Miami".

From Friday on, the team will practice in Palm Springs in triple day to be necessary. And the double will have an important space in these sessions.

NicoFan
03-29-2006, 07:27 PM
GF - you took Panchito y Ale off the title...I liked Panchito y Ale in the title... :sad:

GonzoFan
03-29-2006, 07:34 PM
GF - you took Panchito y Ale off the title...I liked Panchito y Ale in the title... :sad:

Better now, NicoFan ??? ;) :lol:

NicoFan
03-29-2006, 09:43 PM
Better now, NicoFan ??? ;) :lol:

:yeah: Better! :haha:

We love Panchito and Ale...and they are going to kick butt in California! :woohoo:

GonzoFan
03-31-2006, 05:08 AM
I was listening to Cooperativa tonight and the boys arrived to California.

In the airport Gonzo said that he hopes he will play like he did in Wimbledon.

We hope so too Gonzo !!!!

VAMOS CHILE !!!!!

NicoFan
03-31-2006, 12:10 PM
I was listening to Cooperativa tonight and the boys arrived to California.

In the airport Gonzo said that he hopes he will play like he did it in Wimbledon.

We hope so too Gonzo !!!!

VAMOS CHILE !!!!!

Me too! He was great in Wimbledon!

GonzoFan
03-31-2006, 05:50 PM
so no one here is going to Mission Hills, right ???

I was planning to go ... I even had a place to stay but couldn't go :sobbing: I don't have enough money :sobbing:

NicoFan
03-31-2006, 06:11 PM
so no one here is going to Mission Hills, right ???

I was planning to go ... I even had a place to stay but couldn't go :sobbing: I don't have enough money :sobbing:

Same for me GF!!! I don't have enough money either. :bigcry:

Poor chicos - they need us. ;)

I was joking with a friend taht I was going to go up to the casinos this weekend and see if I could win the flight fare and hotel money but he said I'd probably end up worse than I started cuz I'd lose everything. I was desperate when I thought it up but he's right. ;) :lol:

I need to win the lottery or something so that I could just travel all year and see our sweeties. :lol:

GonzoFan
03-31-2006, 06:20 PM
We need to win the lottery :lol: I would travel all around the world following them :lol:

On Sunday here in Chile a man won the lottery and won more than 2,000 millions of pesos :eek: don't know how much is that in dollars :o

NicoFan
03-31-2006, 06:26 PM
We need to win the lottery :lol: I would travel all around the world following them :lol:

On Sunday here in Chile a man won the lottery and won more than 2,000 millions of pesos :eek: don't know how much is that in dollars :o

I don't know how much it is either but it definitely sounds like enough to go follow Nico and Fernando to all their tournaments!!!! :yeah: :lol:

I'm sure the chicos would be absolutely thrilled to have us root them on tournament after tournament. ;) :haha:

NicoFan
04-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Article written by Fernando about Davis Cup. Interesting what Andre said. And reading and looking at that court, it is very elitest and definitely isn't what Davis Cup is about.

From latercera.cl:

The possibility that consider before is very large. Winning the Davis Cup is something with what any tennis player dreams and to surpass a fence as important as United States would be an immense step toward the goal. It is spoken that is an impossible mission, but would not speak thus. It would say that is a complicated series, because the Americans play under their conditions and we will have to adapt us them.

But, ¿why do I tell them that is not impossible to win?

First, because each time that play for so much Chile my level as that of Nicolas rises; second because for me to play in grass to stopped being somewhat detestable after last year I arrived at the quarterfinals of Wimbledon. Before I thought even in jumping me that tournament, but I realized that with a good preparation I can do it well on grass; third, because lately has remained clear that Andy Roddick is not invincible and that James Blake, though crosses for a good moment, does not have a great performance on grass and neither a great experience in Cup Davis; and fourth, because this championship always permits surprises because there is a lot of pressure for the localities and is played in a single weekend. By these factors I believe that to beat the United States is not an impossible mission.

From Thursday that are in Rancho Mirage coaching on the grass. It is a little rare to be in this place, located very close by of where is played Indian Wells, tournament that finished two weeks ago. The Club Mission Hills is very exclusive, with a not very large stadium (for five thousand people approximately), for which the support of the Chileans will feel enough. With Nicolas we commented that there is not environment of Davis Cup, what does not happen in other sides. The people does not know that is going to play Davis Cup, what is a little rare. What more does special this series for me? Good, that will be the first one that play in pasture, a court that implies a special adaptation and in which there are very few tournaments in the year.

The fundamental thing in the preparation will be to adjust very well the service (arms vital in this court) and for me to walk very well with the slice. Never one must leave to attack. One must adjust also the shots, because in lawn the ball different magpie and is put heavier with the humidity. For that we have several days more to arrive well al Friday, where I will have to debut with Blake.

Analyzing to the rival, one must say that Blake is a great athlete, that removes well, has a good right and closes very well them played in the network. What is important will be to take advantage of the possibility that gives the pasture to remove of position to the rival, because in this surface is easy to lose the initiative. That can play him in against. Roddick best-known. Is a great sacador, but the remainder of their shots they are of a normal player. Has a good right, but never so much as its service. And if does not it remove well, is a vulnerable player, like he has remained shown in the tournaments of this year.

The most complicated point for us will be the double one. The Bryan are the best couple of the world and besides they are going to arrive rested al Saturday, because only they play this point. Will be a hard match, because we will have to change a little bit one our play. But equal we have possibilities.

It was forgot me a thing with regard to that this is not an impossible mission. The other time I came upon Andre Agassi and told me that was not good option to elect grass to play against us. This by the little time of adaptation that there will be and because the rowboats would not be so good and will be easy to maintain the remove. And though he equal believes that United States is favorite, the fact that plants the doubt speaks of that believes that equal we can do somewhat important.

GonzoFan
04-03-2006, 05:08 PM
An article from the Davis Cup website

http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?id=13697

03 Apr 2006 - Chris Bowers

Omens good and bad surround the Americans' choice of grass

How’s this for a nice Davis Cup by BNP Paribas quiz question: what was Pete Sampras’s last-ever match in the Davis Cup?

For the answer you have to go back to 5 April 2002, and one of the most unlikely results in the 106-year history of tennis’s premier team competition. Playing on grass, the surface on which he won seven Wimbledon titles, Sampras lost in five sets to Alex Corretja, the man who felt so uncomfortable on the green stuff that he played at Wimbledon just three times, and led a dignified revolt against Wimbledon’s seeding system.

Though the US won against Spain, Andy Roddick wrapping up the tie against Alberto Martin after Corretja had injured his hand at the conclusion of his win over Sampras, the ghost of Corretja’s shock win will be hanging over the US team as it returns to grass for the first time since that uneasy weekend in Houston four years ago this week. For the US has chosen grass for its 2006 quarter-final tie against Chile.

Roddick and his current singles team-mate James Blake were the success stories of that last outing on grass. Roddick won both his singles, while Blake partnered Todd Martin to victory in the doubles. Having reached the last two Wimbledon finals, Roddick sees only advantages in taking the clay-loving Chileans onto the grass of the California desert, but there are some who believe the Sampras experience suggests the decision is not without risk.

The US Tennis Association hadn’t originally planned to go to the Mission Hills Country Club in Rancho Mirage, California. Having opted for the picturesque La Jolla at the southern end of California for the Americans’ first round tie against Romania, a hardcourt venue on the east coast was thought most probable for the always-likely quarter-final against Chile. But no sooner had Andy Roddick sealed victory over Romania’s Razvan Sabau than the talk was all about playing on grass. The US captain Patrick McEnroe, who has built up a superb team spirit for the Americans, duly investigated, and two weeks later Rancho Mirage was confirmed.

It adds a nice historical twist. In 1978 the venue played host to the Davis Cup final between the USA and Great Britain. It was the era before the World Group, and the Americans had had to win through the American inter-zonal final against, yes, Chile, whose team featured today’s Chilean captain Hans Gildemeister. The US wrapped up the away win in two days, a debutant John McEnroe partnering Brian Gottfried in the doubles to see the Americans home.

Another away win against Björn Borg’s Sweden put the US into the final at Mission Hills – played on a hard court – which saw McEnroe make his singles debut against a British side that had beaten the mighty French, Czechoslovaks and Australians. McEnroe crushed John Lloyd, who was about to marry Chris Evert, before Buster Mottram played the match of his life to beat Gottfried in five sets after saving a match point in the third. Once the experienced US doubles team Stan Smith and Bob Lutz had seen off Mark Cox and David Lloyd in straight sets, the tie was effectively decided, and McEnroe sealed victory with a demolition job against the luckless Mottram.

So when Davis Cup tennis returns to Rancho Mirage this week after a 27-year gap, the Americans will have history on their side. That win against Chile in 1978 was one of three wins the Americans have posted against their Latin American cousins, with the Chileans never having beaten the US. But there are a few omens for the visitors to latch on to.

Last year Fernando Gonzalez reached the quarter-finals at Wimbledon and played two outstanding sets against Roger Federer. Of course he lost, but in doing so he won a game more than Roddick did against Federer in the final. And Sampras’s defeat is not the only salutary lesson about choosing grass to thwart a claycourt side. For the 2001 Davis Cup final, Australia built a portable grass court to blunt the challenge of France, but lost to an inspired Nicolas Escudé; and only last year Australia took that same court to Sydney for the visit of Argentina, but again ended up losing. Indeed the Davis Cup has a history of turning the tables on teams that pick surfaces purely to unsettle the visitors.

So maybe a Chilean victory at Mission Hills wouldn’t be such a mirage after all – just somewhat unlikely given all the history.

NicoFan
04-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Interesting article.

Only time will tell - I just hope its a good matchup, and that our Chileans get the upset! :yeah:

It could be somewhat odd tie too - Fernando and Andy good on grass, Nico and James poor on grass. Looks like the doubles match could be very important.

kidnicky
04-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Interesting article, thanks GonzoFan :hug: ooh god!! I'm nervous already!! confident but nervous ... the doubles will be very important, gosh! I don't even want to think about that doubles match :sobbing: VAMOS CHILENOOOS!!!!

GonzoFan
04-04-2006, 01:22 AM
Gonzo and Massu said it already that the doubles match will be the most difficult.

Feña practiced some extra time with Gildemeister today. G. said that he needs a lot of time on court practicing.

Doctor Alejandro Orizola arrived today to Mission Hills and he will check Feña's shoulder.
I think (and I hope) we'll have some more news about Feña's condition tomorrow morning in the newspapers but now I'm watching the news in case they say something.

GonzoFan
04-04-2006, 01:33 AM
TV Schedule

http://www.daviscup.com/ties/tvschedule.asp?tie=100007706

RogiFan88
04-04-2006, 01:36 AM
Do you guys get to see these DC matches on TV??

GonzoFan
04-04-2006, 01:41 AM
I just checked Cooperativa and Doctor Orizola is worried about Feña's shoulder :sad:

I'm a little bit tired to translate the whole article :o but he said that Feña has an overload (don't know if that's the right word, sorry! :o ) in his shoulder because of the short pre-season he had and the few time he had to rest at the end of last year and this can affect him during the whole year :scared: :sobbing:
Tomorrow Doc. Orizola will start doing a special treatment in Gonzo's shoulder.

GonzoFan
04-04-2006, 01:41 AM

yup. Live on TVN.

NicoFan
04-04-2006, 01:45 AM

In the US, we'll get it on OLN (Outdoor Life Network) and it also says it will be on TTC (The Tennis Channel). But I don't remember TTC having it live in the US's last tie - I thought they did the replay at night, but only one of the matches. We'll see.

I'm worried about Friday's matches because I have to work so that means that I have to set the tape. What if there are two 5 set matches - then my tape will run out. This is when I wish that I have Tivo. :sad:

I'm going to have to bribe Sparko so that she'll send me a copy if I miss it. :lol:

NicoFan
04-04-2006, 01:50 AM
I just checked Cooperativa and Doctor Orizola is worried about Feña's shoulder :sad:

I'm a little bit tired to translate the whole article :o but he said that Feña has an overload (don't know if that's the right word, sorry! :o ) in his shoulder because of the short pre-season he had and the few time he had to rest at the end of last year and this can affect him during the whole year :scared: :sobbing:
Tomorrow Doc. Orizola will start doing a special treatment in Gonzo's shoulder.

I'm worried about his shoulder too. What if he's playing when he shouldn't just because its DC? It is scary. And I would rather he didn't play and Chile lose than have him screw up his shoulder long term. DC is important but not important enough for that.

I know he had to go to Shanghai and it was a honor, but it messed everything up.

:sad:

Fernando - por favor do what's best for you not for DC! :hug:

Sparko1030
04-04-2006, 01:53 AM
In the US, we'll get it on OLN (Outdoor Life Network) and it also says it will be on TTC (The Tennis Channel). But I don't remember TTC having it live in the US's last tie - I thought they did the replay at night, but only one of the matches. We'll see.

I'm worried about Friday's matches because I have to work so that means that I have to set the tape. What if there are two 5 set matches - then my tape will run out. This is when I wish that I have Tivo. :sad:

I'm going to have to bribe Sparko so that she'll send me a copy if I miss it. :lol:

If I get the channel there would be no need to bribe me Nicofan!! :hug: :lol: I owe you BIG time (speaking of which I WILL get that Bo Bice cd to you yet!)I'm not sure we get the Outdoor Life Network-we did just start getting some outdoor channel but all I ever notice is fishing and hunting on it so I will have to check it out.

NicoFan
04-04-2006, 01:56 AM
If I get the channel there would be no need to bribe me Nicofan!! :hug: :lol: I owe you BIG time (speaking of which I WILL get that Bo Bice cd to you yet!)I'm not sure we get the Outdoor Life Network-we did just start getting some outdoor channel but all I ever notice is fishing and hunting on it so I will have to check it out.

I think we just got OLN too cuz I swear that for the last tie I didn't have it and I had to watch the replay at night on TTC. And it is all fishing and hunting so that's probably it.

And THANK YOU! :hug:

Sparko1030
04-04-2006, 01:59 AM
:awww: Fernando's shoulder....I do so hope Dr. Orizola can help it. Olimpo mentioned somewhere about the 5 set matches-that will not do his shoulder any good. :sad: Just have to hope for the best as Fena always gives his all in these events. Fingers crossed. (for his shoulder and a win!)

Fergie
04-04-2006, 02:00 AM
The shoulder again :sad:

GonzoFan
04-04-2006, 02:00 AM
I watched the news on TVN (Gonzo looked so cute! :lol: ) and Gonzo said that his shoulder is okay.

I'm so confused :confused: :lol:

Gonzo and Doc Orizola please tell us what's going on!!! :haha:

GonzoFan
04-04-2006, 02:01 AM
Feña - TAKE CARE OF THAT SHOULDER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sobbing:

Sparko1030
04-04-2006, 02:02 AM
I think we just got OLN too cuz I swear that for the last tie I didn't have it and I had to watch the replay at night on TTC. And it is all fishing and hunting so that's probably it.

I hope you're right-I would be so very happy to get to see them play the tie. I had resigned myself to watching a scoreboard yet again :p

NicoFan
04-04-2006, 02:04 AM
I watched the news on TVN (Gonzo looked so cute! :lol: ) and Gonzo said that his shoulder is okay.

Fernando always says that his shoulder is okay. :shrug: Its not that I don't trust him but... ;)

And oh I'm sure that he looked cute - he always looks cute!!! :lol:

Sparko1030
04-04-2006, 02:04 AM

Well, I hope he is telling the truth, Gonzofan, but I worry he just says that so all the fans don't worry. Just have to hope and pray for Fena!

GonzoFan
04-04-2006, 02:12 AM
I'm also so worried ... while he was talking to the press someone was putting like a big plastic thing in his shoulder :shrug: I don't know what was that :shrug:
If the news show it again later I'll try to take a cap and post it here.

NicoFan
04-04-2006, 02:17 AM
I'm also so worried ... while he was talking to the press someone was putting like a big plastic thing in his shoulder :shrug: I don't know what was that :shrug:
If the news show it again later I'll try to take a cap and post it here.

A big plastic thing? Poor Fernando. :hug: This is killing me.

On a lighter note, isn't it like really really late in Chile right now? Y'all stay up late in Chile. :lol:

I need to go sleep so I'm chat with y'all tomorrow. :wavey:

*Viva Chile*
04-04-2006, 02:53 AM

Maybe TV Chile will show too :shrug:

*Viva Chile*
04-04-2006, 02:54 AM

A big plastic thing? Poor Fernando. :hug: This is killing me.

On a lighter note, isn't it like really really late in Chile right now? Y'all stay up late in Chile. :lol:

I need to go sleep so I'm chat with y'all tomorrow. :wavey:
it's 10:55 PM at this moment :wavey:

Sparko1030
04-04-2006, 03:05 AM

:bigcry: Its a different outdoor channel, Nicofan. The one I get is called the Outdoor Channel. Seems to be big on Ted Nuget :lol: No tennis, no Davis Cup. :mad: Back to the scoreboard for me :p I just hope Fernando and Nico finish their wins in 3 sets so it all fits on your tape.

GonzoFan
04-04-2006, 01:22 PM
http://www.tennisreporters.net/scoop_mcenroe_040306.html

THE SCOOP: MONDAY, APRIL 3
P-Mac will skip Davis Cup tie
Wife pregnant with first child

By Matthew Cronin, TennisReporters.net

US Davis Cup captain Patrick McEnroe has chosen to do what every committed first time dad should do if he can: stay at home with his pregnant wife and await the birth of his first child.

Consequently, McEnroe probably will miss the April 7-9 quarterfinal tie against Chile and will be replaced by his assistant, Dean Goldfine. McEnroe told the USTA's Tim Curry that if his wife, actress Melissa Errico, had not delivered the child by April 1, that he would stay home and await the delivery.

Goldfine will be assisted by former tour player and USTA coach Jay Berger. Goldfine privately coached Roddick last year. Andy let him go in early February and hired his brother, John. Andy and Goldfine still get along and the team told McEnroe that if he couldn't make the tie, Dean was the man they wanted.

"The guys know the situation," McEnroe said. "The guys will be comfortable. That's who my team wanted, that's who they felt most comfortable with. Dean's a guy they've been around a lot. He's been my assistant before. Do I think it will affect the outcome? No. I'd like to think that I'm that important, but I can't think that highly of myself. These guys know what to do on the court."

RogiFan88
04-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Poor Fena w his shoulder probs... no time to properly rest and heal it. I hope he's OK...

Re: matches on TV, I may have to bribe any of you for copies! :lol:

VAMOS, CHILE!!!

NicoFan
04-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Re: matches on TV, I may have to bribe any of you for copies! :lol:

RogiFan - If I get them, I'll make you copies - I'll be home on Saturday and Sunday so will definitely get those - its Friday that I'm not sure of. Plus I owe you the DVDs of The Tennis Channel shows. Now that I'm back from Miami, I can get those to you. I'll email you about it tonight.

GF - I've been trying to get the Lleyton shows off TTC but it hasn't been on much lately - they repeat about a thousand times so eventually I will get it!

RogiFan88
04-04-2006, 03:06 PM
NicoFan... I really appreciate you doing this for me! You're a sweetie-pie! I'm still thinking of how to repay you! ... ;)

GonzoFan
04-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Hola a todos :wavey:

Davis Cup Chat !!!

COME AND CHAT WITH ALL THE CHILEAN CHICOS FANS!!!

All the people from Feña's and Nico's forum are invited to a chat on Wednesday or Thursday.
It could be at 7, 8 or 9 o'clock.

Please tell who wants to participate and also what day and time it's best for each one of you.

NicoFan
04-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Sorry GF - I didn't see your pm until just now but I see you posted it.

S/b fun - hope everyone can do it!

VAMOS CHILENOS! :bounce:

GonzoFan
04-04-2006, 10:12 PM
I can't read the whole article in La Segunda online but I only could read that Gonzo was so frustrated today and broke two racquets.

Feña :hug: :hug: :hug:

NicoFan
04-04-2006, 10:35 PM
I can't read the whole article in La Segunda online but I only could read that Gonzo was so frustrated today and broke two racquets.

Oh poor guy. :sad: :hug:

He'll be fine when the matches actually start. Practices and matches are two different things. And maybe its good to get his frustration out now. :lol:

Fergie
04-05-2006, 01:07 AM
Hola. Hay una live stream en Canal 13 y TVN.cl? :D
Maybe in tvn.cl ;)

Poor Feña :hug:

FelipeMIA89
04-05-2006, 02:07 AM
I just saw tvn news and Gonzo said that he was playing better on grass. Seems like the north americans are frustrated of how there playing... There was a piece taken off of one of the borders of the court.. maybe roddick hit it with a racket... o well, pray for Gonzos shoulder! he needs our blessings..

GonzoFan
04-05-2006, 02:17 AM
Thanks for the info, Felipe!

I didn't watch the news today :mad:

I was reading Cooperativa and it said that, that Roddick hit it with his racquet and broke it. :eek:

GonzoFan
04-05-2006, 02:46 AM
In both teams the #1s aren't feeling well and the #2s are feeling great.

Sparko1030
04-05-2006, 05:06 AM

:hug: more hugs here for Fena. I suppose he wants so much to do well and maybe his shoulder is hindering him. Just do your best Fernando-you can't can't control everything. :hug:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
04-05-2006, 06:04 AM
Poor racquets! :awww:

I just think USA is the favourite,so Feña doesn't need to feel any pressure. :) Even...he has other aims too! :angel:

NicoFan
04-05-2006, 01:37 PM
FYI.

From Radio Cooperativa:

This Wednesday the Chileans will continue with their plan of training and this Thursday to the 15:00 hours of our country (19:00 GMT) will be carried out the classic draw that will decide if the tie is opened with the match between Massú and Roddick or the match between Fernando González and James Blake. (Cooperative.cl)

NicoFan
04-05-2006, 02:41 PM
I just saw tvn news and Gonzo said that he was playing better on grass. Seems like the north americans are frustrated of how there playing... There was a piece taken off of one of the borders of the court.. maybe roddick hit it with a racket... o well, pray for Gonzos shoulder! he needs our blessings..

Felipe - what do you mean by the "borders" of the court. Part of the grass?

So much pressure on the guys on both sides. :eek:

Let's hope there are racquets left and a court left before Friday though. :lol:

GonzoFan
04-05-2006, 06:15 PM
Felipe - what do you mean by the "borders" of the court. Part of the grass?

So much pressure on the guys on both sides. :eek:

In the pic, where it says BNP Paribas, Adecco ... that's what Roddick broke.
No exactly the part that the picture shows, I guess, but Felipe is talking about those "borders"

http://www.cooperativa.cl/p4_noticias/site/artic/20060401/imag/FOTO60020060401152435.jpg

NicoFan
04-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Thanks GF! I s/h figured that out. :lol:

NicoFan
04-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Hey GF - there are good pictures of Fernando in the lun.com gallery of photos.

I figure that I would let you post them because you know how to do it w/o having the thumbnails and just having the pictures in the actual post. I don't know how to do that. :sad: :shrug:

GonzoFan
04-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Thanks for letting me know about the pics :D I actually knew they exist because I was reading Nico's forum a few minutes ago and you mentioned it :lol:

They are great!!!

GonzoFan
04-05-2006, 07:41 PM
From www.gonzaleztenis.com :)

Fernando González analyzes from the United States the previous week of practices to the quarterfinals of Davis Cup.

Hi friends,
I want to tell you that we are working with a lot of spirit and desire to do history in this Davis Cup. The court of the Mission Hills Country Club is very different to those of training that we used the weekend. It is a little slower, the bounces of the ball are lower, there are parts inside the court where the ball bounces much less, but that is the advantage that the local has, to put the conditions that are better for them and aren't comfortable for the visitors.

On Tuesday I practiced two hours in the morning and we ended the practice with one set. We stayed in the club and in the afternoon we played one set of double. To end I practiced for half an hour the approach and volley, that allows to close the points at the net.

I haven't practice much serve to not overload my arm and I am keeping it for the weekend. On Wednesday we are planning to practice in the morning with Adrián Garcia and in the afternoon what Hans finds more convenient.

At night we have the official dinner and, well, we now are in right land in this Davis Cup that we so much expected. We have our options and we are going to take them.

Greetings to everybody,

Fernando

Sparko1030
04-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Thanks for posting that here in translation Gonzofan. Sounds like they're going to be as ready for the meet as they can be. I hope for an historic weekend for them!

(Radicalgirl-I LOVE your Pink quotes! what a great song. I may get the cd to counter all the the Hilary Duff and Lindsey L. my girls are listening too :lol: )

FelipeMIA89
04-05-2006, 08:05 PM
yeah i meant the borders as where "BNP Paribas" is...

GonzoFan
04-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Chile Davis Cup Team Pre-Event Press Conference

http://dps.usta.com/usta_master/usta/doc/content/doc_13_12318.pdf

GonzoFan
04-05-2006, 09:31 PM
From www.latercera.cl

-internet translation-

:D

González leaves behing his pain in the shoulder

The captain of the Chilean team of Davis Cup, Hans Gildemeister, emphasized the recovery that actually showed the "Bomber of the Queen" this morning in Rancho Mirage.

Hans Gildemeister, captain of the national equipment of Glass Davis, did not hide its satisfaction by the remarkable recovery that actually showed matinal the main racket of the country, Fernando González.

In the eve, the "Bomber of the Queen" had been complicated specially when it served, due to annoyances in the shoulder that has been dragging for some weeks. Nevertheless, that panorama had one slight improvement in the today training. "Fernando is feeling better. It already began to loosen the hand and the shoulder did not hurt so much to him. I believe that lack no longer nothing and will arrive well ", explained the Chilean captain after the practical victim this morning in the Mirage Farm.

The matinal work was divided in two parts. In first, González paleteó with Adrián Garcia, whereas in the second Nicholas Massú it was moderate with Paul Capdeville, although these last ones only could "play" 30 minutes because of rain.

After being consulted in case the water could interfere in the confrontation before the United States, by the quarterfinals of Glass Davis, Gildemeister it indicated that "it does not worry to me, because for both equipment he is equal".

The fallen precipitations this morning produced, in addition, that the North American equipment could not make the practice that they had predicted. In the evening, both equipment will continue with the works that they had planned.

NicoFan
04-06-2006, 12:18 AM
:wavey:

Not many can make the chat but we're still going to do it. It will be Thursday at 7:00 p.m. (NY time and Chile time).

If you need my MSN messenger address, let me know.

PoderShileno
04-06-2006, 12:58 AM
VAMOS CHILE ¡¡¡
VAMOS FEÑO Y NICO ¡¡¡¡

RogiFan88
04-06-2006, 02:07 AM
Good to hear that Fena has left behind his shoulder probs from the last few weeks! Seems like there has been a slight improvement in today's practice [una leve mejoria].

I see Fena is feeling better and his shoulder didn't hurt as much.

Hope it doesn't rain over the w/end altho Hans isn't worried as it w be the same for both teams.

VAMOS, FENA!!!

RogiFan88
04-06-2006, 02:10 AM
I love reading Fena's news from his site, which I've been neglecting as of late! ;)

Hola, Poder, que tal?

GonzoFan
04-06-2006, 07:17 AM
Check this and see what happens at the USA practice. (and also please let me know if the video works.)
Andy :worship:

http://rapidshare.de/files/17316024/VTS_01_1.VOB.html

First time I upload a video so I hope it will work.

It's from the news (TVN)

NicoFan
04-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Check this and see what happens at the USA practice. (and also please let me know if the video works.)
Andy :worship:

http://rapidshare.de/files/17316024/VTS_01_1.VOB.html

First time I upload a video so I hope it will work.

It's from the news (TVN)

Shoot at work so can't see it.

GF - is it something we should let the Andy fans see? Deb is gone already I think to Mission Hills so if it is good, I'll post it there, but want to make sure that its a positive Andy piece first.

GonzoFan
04-06-2006, 04:14 PM
What happens there is that finally after all these days the chilean press was allow by Dean to film the USA practice but a guard didn't want to let them be there and he started pushing and wanted to hit the chilean reporter and they guy that was filming :eek: and Andy noticed this and he came to the TVN guys and apologized to them and after that they were able to stay at the practices.

That's why I put a :worship: next to Andy in my post above.
I like what he did and I guess it was the right thing to do after what happened.

NicoFan
04-06-2006, 04:30 PM
What happens there is that finally after all these days the chilean press was allow by Dean to film the USA practice but a guard didn't want to let them be there and he started pushing and wanted to hit the chilean reporter and they guy that was filming :eek: and Andy noticed this and he came to the TVN guys and apologized to them and after that they were able to stay at the practices.

That's why I put a :worship: next to Andy in my post above.
I like what he did and I guess it was the right thing to do after what happened.

Thanks for the explanation, GF. :hug:

I didn't realize that was what it was about because I haven't been able to see it yet. :sad:

Bloodletting already posted on Andy's forum about the incident so I think they've already heard enough . ;)

Andy's a good guy. Just speculating but from what Nico and Fernando have said about him, they like him. I'm not surprised he'd do the right thing. So yes, Andy... :worship:

GonzoFan
04-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Now that I know how to upload videos :unsure: (please, someone tell me if the video works :sobbing: ) well, but if it works then today I'll try to upload two tv commercials of Gonzo - one of Powerade (is great!) and another of Dolorub (is a product for muscular pain).

olimpo
04-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Now that I know how to upload videos :unsure: (please, someone tell me if the video works :sobbing: ) well, but if it works then today I'll try to upload two tv commercials of Gonzo - one of Powerade (is great!) and another of Dolorub (is a product for muscular pain).

It's working great GonzoFan; great quality by the way :worship: Thanks so much you are spoiling us :hug:

I'm looking forward to see the commercials ;)

GonzoFan
04-06-2006, 05:47 PM
It's working great GonzoFan; great quality by the way :worship: Thanks so much you are spoiling us :hug:

I'm looking forward to see the commercials ;)

:hug:

Yeay !!!! it works !!!!

:bigclap: :dance: :woohoo:

Now I'll try to upload all the interesting things that I see about Gonzo on tv (news, commercials, interviews, etc) :banana:

olimpo
04-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Now I'll try to upload all the interesting things that I see about Gonzo on tv (news, commercials, interviews, etc) :banana:

OMG how great.....GonzoFan you are the best :worship: :hug: :hug:

NicoFan
04-06-2006, 07:19 PM
Is any one in Chile listening to Radio Cooperativa to see how the selection went?

NicoFan
04-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Latercera.cl has it - its Fernando and James to open the series.

GonzoFan
04-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Confirmed - Gonzo and Blake will open the series

GonzoFan
04-06-2006, 07:28 PM
Poor Gonzo :hug: he didn't want to play first to sleep more :zzz:

PoderShileno
04-06-2006, 07:41 PM
I love reading Fena's news from his site, which I've been neglecting as of late! ;)

Hola, Poder, que tal?

:wavey: Hola , bien y tu?

GonzoFan
04-06-2006, 07:52 PM
I'm so nervous now and scared and worried ...

I hope Feña feels well tomorrow !!!

VAMOS FERNANDO !!!! VAMOS CHILE !!!! A GANAR !!!

Poder :wavey: ven mas seguido para aca ;)

GonzoFan
04-06-2006, 08:27 PM
The full draw is as follows:

Friday
James Blake (USA) v Fernando Gonzalez (CHI)
Andy Roddick (USA) v Nicolas Massu (CHI)

Saturday
Bob Bryan/Mike Bryan (USA) v Fernando Gonzalez/Nicolas Massu(CHI)

Sunday
James Blake (USA) v Nicolas Massu (CHI)
Andy Roddick (USA) v Fernando Gonzalez (CHI)

enqvistfan
04-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Good that Fernando/blake play the first, I won't stay up all the night !!
Even if I like James, Vamos Fernando !!!

I go to check the videos before going to sleep :) Thanks in advance :hug:

NicoFan
04-06-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm so nervous now and scared and worried ...

I hope Feña feels well tomorrow !!!

Me too GonzoFan!

I'm a nervous wreck!!!

Poor Fernando having to get up early! :lol:

Sparko1030
04-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Good that Fernando/blake play the first, I won't stay up all the night !!
Even if I like James, Vamos Fernando !!!

:lol: I like James too but its all Panchito and Ale for me this weekend :banana:

VAMOS CHILEANS!!!! :fiery:

GonzoFan
04-07-2006, 01:01 AM
From www.cooperativa.cl

-internet translation-

De La Peña will advise "as friend" to González for his match with Blake

In spite of being distanced professionally, the Argentine technician commented, after arriving at California, his intention to talk with number one of Chile before the party against the second American racket.

Confirming which its spacing with Fernando González is only professional, Argentine trainer Horacio De La Peña commented his intention to advise "like friend" to the number one national before his duel of this Friday with James Blake, in the first party of match by Davis Cup that will dispute the United States and Chile.

De La Peña arrived on Thursday at California to comment the encounter by television and in Mission Hills it engaged in a dialog with the special envoy of Cooperative, Jose Arnaldo Perez, who consulted to him if receso of a decided month includes to avoid any type of recommendation.

"No, we are going to take a coffee. I did not know that already he was in the hotel, for that reason came for here, but I imagine that I am going away to join now and we will chat awhile ", affirmed.

With respect to completely prolonging this distance with the tennis player of the Queen, the trasandino maintained the condition.

"I do not know, the certain thing to it is that I lived it very happy, I was with my family, I took a short time from rest that came to me very well, I am renewed, with many desire. That we are going it to see later ", expressed.

In fact, it made a call not remove to González from its concentration touching this subject, because it considered the shock with Blake like key within the confrontation.

"I believe that the main today is to deal with to remove to him to the center from this Glass Davis to the subjects Fernando and mine and to put all the head to him to the morning party (Friday)", it maintained. "I believe that ' Fer' has a very hard party, above it must make debut, to him does not like to play early. It has almost all the responsibility, because of the three points, Friday and the Saturday, most feasible than one gains is that. Then I believe that there is to leave it super calm. He would enchant to me that all news that read in the newspaper are that we are all behind him ", added.

Fergie
04-07-2006, 01:05 AM
Vamos Feña!!! :bounce:

GonzoFan
04-07-2006, 03:04 AM
http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?id=13717

check that.
There are interviews of the players and captains (except of Gonzo :awww: )

NicoFan
04-07-2006, 03:07 AM
I noticed that everyone was interviewed except Fernando. :sad:

What's up with that? :shrug:

GonzoFan
04-07-2006, 03:11 AM
I don't know :shrug:

Later I'll upload a video from the news (TVN) and they showed part of the draw ceremony and some interviews and also Horacio!

NicoFan
04-07-2006, 03:14 AM
Cool! :yeah:

And Horacio... :hug:

I hope Fernando is missing him! :lol:

GonzoFan
04-07-2006, 03:21 AM
Don't know if you read the article I posted :shrug: (bad translation 'cause all the free internet translators are bad :lol: ) but he said that he will talk to Fernando and they will drink a cup of coffe together.

NicoFan
04-07-2006, 01:31 PM
I hope that Fernando said over coffee - Horacio! I miss you! Por favor - come back! :lol:

RogiFan88
04-07-2006, 03:50 PM
VAMOS, FENA!!! You can do it!!

RogiFan88
04-07-2006, 03:53 PM
:lol: I like James too but its all Panchito and Ale for me this weekend :banana:

VAMOS CHILEANS!!!! :fiery:

I'm w you, Sparko!

VIVA CHILE!!!

Fergie
04-08-2006, 12:14 AM
Feña! :banana: :woohoo:

RogiFan88
04-08-2006, 01:25 AM
VAMOS!!

http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/DC_5832_gallery.JPG

07 Apr 2006 - Mission Hills Country Club, Rancho Mirage, USA - Sandra Harwitt - USA v CHI

Gonzalez back from brink for famous victory

After a monumental 4 hour, 20 minute match, Fernando Gonzalez aced his way to a 67(5) 06 76(2) 64 108 victory over American James Blake to give Chile a 1-0 lead in the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas quarterfinal tie at the Mission Hills Country Club in Rancho Mirage, Calif.

The match was played in front of a capacity crowd of a little more than 4,700 fans, including many Chilean fans that rallied boisterously with chants of “Olé, Olé, Olé.”

“The key of the match was to keep fighting,” Gonzalez said. “This is Davis Cup and you give anything you have to to fight. You have to try to give your best until the end of the match.”

“You have to be very satisfied when you play Davis Cup.”

Gonzalez shows his grass court credentials

The Americans hoped that a grass court would be to their advantage, but in the first match, Gonzalez showed why he has reached the quarterfinals at Wimbledon in the past – he is a big server. He concluded the match with 14 aces – four in the final game. He often followed his serve to the net, and also managed to utilize a backhand slice to his advantage as well.

“I think it’s been blown out of proportion that the grass was meant to make them uncomfortable,” Blake said. “It was all about our being comfortable. It’s the surface Andy [Roddick] is most comfortable on and I think he’s the second best grass court player in the world. This was a decision made for the good of our team.”

Blake admitted he wasn’t in the least bit surprised as to Gonzalez’s abilities on grass.

“He hits the ball so big and serves so well,” Blake said of the victor.

Previously, Gonzalez had once before come back from a two sets deficit to win a match – when defeating Jose Acasuso in the first round of the 2005 Australian Open. The victory over Blake gives Gonzalez a 9-6 winning record in five-set matches played during his career.

Blake still winless in five-setters

As for Blake, who joined the elite top ten for the first time in his career last month, he is now 0-7 in five-set matches played in his career. And in four of those matches, including the last three five-set matches he has played, Blake has squandered a two-sets-to-love lead.

Blake actually served for the match at 5-4 in the third set. But at 30-15, umpire Pascal Maria of France overruled a backhand that the linesperson called wide and told Blake to replay the point. Instead of being 40-15 with two match points, Gonzalez broke serve and inserted himself into the battle

Gonzalez, who received treatment for his upper right back after losing the second set, and then leg massages on a couple of occasions in the final sets, came up strong for his country when needed.

Slow start for Blake

Blake started the match slowly, falling behind 5-3 and then was threatened with losing the first set when Gonzalez was serving at 5-4. But that is when he stepped up to the challenge.

Breaking Gonzalez’s serve in the 10th game, he went on to force a tiebreaker, in which he broke out to a 4-1 lead on his way to capturing the first set.

In the second set, Gonzalez was barely a factor, never getting on the scoreboard. And after the completion of the set, Gonzalez was seen getting treatment on the upper right side of his back.

By the third set, Gonzalez was ready to dog Blake and did so for the remaining three sets until he found four aces in the final game, including on the final two points of the match, to put Chile up by one point.

History was on Gonzalez’s side – he has an 8-0 undefeated record when playing the opening rubber of a Davis Cup tie.

This was the second time that Blake had led off a Davis Cup tie –he lost in straight sets to Olivier Rochus in the 2005 World Group Play-off against Belgium.

When the United States, who has won the Davis Cup a record 31 times, loses the opening rubber of a tie, it holds a 29-45 losing record.

Andy Roddick, the star of the American team, had a serious but worried look on his face when he walked on court to play the second match of the day against reigning Olympic gold medalist Nicolas Massu.

http://www.daviscup.com/news/matchreport.asp?id=13739

RogiFan88
04-08-2006, 01:32 AM
Fernando González: "No fue un partido apto para cardíacos"

Con esa frase tan típica, el tenista número uno de Chile resumió el triunfo que consiguió ante James Blake en el primer duelo de la confrontación por Copa Davis ante los estadounidenses.

Después de cuatro horas y 20 minutos de lucha, era poco lo que podía hablar Fernando González y el tenista nacional en escuetas frases sintetizó el partido. "No fue apto para cardíacos", dijo.

El chileno venció por 6-7 (5), 0-6, 7-6 (2), 6-4 y 10-8 a Blake y tras el duelo confesó que "fue un partido súper complicado".

"Siempre fue cuesta arriba, estuve perdido en el tercer set, después en el quinto de nuevo, tuve para cerrarlo y no lo cerré, y nada, fue un partido no apto para cardíacos", resumió el chileno.

"Estoy contento y eso es lo más importante", añadió antes de irse a las duchas.

Uno que evidenció su felicidad fue el capitán del equipo, Hans Gildemeister.

"Estamos escribiendo la historia", sentenció el ex jugador, quien a la salida de la cancha, minutos después del triunfo, afirmó que nunca perdió la fe en González.

"Nunca di por perdido el partido", dijo en medio de la alegría del equipo chileno que se dirigía a camarines. (Cooperativa.cl)

;) Go to the web page and click the sound icon to hear 17 seconds of Fena talking: http://www.cooperativa.cl/p4_noticias/antialone.html?page=http://www.cooperativa.cl/p4_noticias/site/artic/20060407/pags/20060407194703.html

RogiFan88
04-08-2006, 02:30 AM
Fernando González: Quizás Blake pensó que yo estaba entregado

El número uno de Chile explicó que la clave del triunfo fue la lucha que brindó después de darse cuenta de que sus golpes no eran del todo efectivos ante el tenis del estadounidense.

En medio de la felicidad, Fernando González, el tenista que le otorgó el primer punto a Chile en la confrontación ante Estados Unidos por Copa Davis, manifestó que su rival, James Blake, probablemente pensó que estaba entregado sobre el final del tercer set.

"Le debe haber costado muchísimo haber estado sacando con 5-4 arriba, con 30-0. Quizás pensó que yo estaba más o menos entregado, pero como dije: en la Copa Davis uno no juega solo, juega por el país, y la gente está expectante y vibra mucho, y eso me encanta", explicó el número uno de Chile.

Para González, la lucha que brindó a lo largo del partido también fue importante en el desarrollo del duelo, puesto que en ningún momento se encontró con sus mejores golpes.

"Blake no comenzó jugando muy bien, al principio tuve un break bien temprano y después serví por el set, y tuve una pelota que era para quedar 30-0 y se me puso cuesta arriba todo el partido", explicó.

"Mi servicio no me estaba funcionando, y mi derecho tampoco me funcionó como estoy acostumbrado. Estaba cansado y no podía, sólo me quedaba seguir luchando", añadió González, quien también criticó la cancha instalada en Mission Hills.

"No lo quería decir, pero la cancha es mala. En Wimbledon es pasto, pero es una cancha más o menos pareja y la pelota pica más o menos parecido en toda la cancha. Acá hay lugares donde simplemente la pelota no pica", argumentó.

"Lo digo porque gané, porque si lo digo después de haber perdido, hubiese quedado como el picado, como el que da las excusas. La cancha es tan irregular, que por eso le pegabas con el marco", sentenció.

El chileno adelantó que físicamente se encuentra bien y que si el capitán Hans Gildemeister lo decide, jugará en el doble de este domingo. (Cooperativa.cl)
http://www.cooperativa.cl/p4_noticias/antialone.html?page=http://www.cooperativa.cl/p4_noticias/site/artic/20060407/pags/20060407214344.html

RogiFan88
04-08-2006, 02:41 AM
Martes 4 de abril de 2006

Fernando González: Agassi dijo que el pasto no es la mejor decisión para EE.UU.

El tenista número uno de Chile contó que en Miami conversó con el veterano jugador de Las Vegas, quien le aseguró que el césped no le aseguraba el éxito al equipo norteamericano.

Uno de los referentes del tenis estadounidense, Andre Agassi, mostró sus dudas con relación al césped como superficie para recibir a Chile en el enfrentamiento de Copa Davis, tal como relató este martes Fernando González, quien habló del tema con el ex número uno del mundo en el Masters Series de Miami.

"Estuvimos hablando la semana pasada en Miami, y me dijo que para él no era una buena decisión poner pasto, habiendo tan poco tiempo de preparación y me dijo que la cancha no iba a estar buena", narró González en conversación con el enviado especial de Al Aire Libre en Cooperativa, Rodrigo Hernández.

La primera raqueta nacional aclaró que Agassi "decía que ganar con el saque era mucho más fácil y llegando a un tie break podía pasar cualquier cosa".

González coincidió con Agassi y explicó que "ellos tratan de sacar la máxima ventaja, pero muchas veces al tratar de sacar tantas ventajas, se les pasa la mano y eso les puede jugar en contra".

Respecto al duelo ante Estados Unidos, González manifestó que la experiencia es clave para afrontar la ansiedad en este tipo de confrontes.

"Quizás si esta serie hubiese sido hace cuatro o cinco años atrás, me habría dado ansiedad, pero con el tiempo, uno va sabiendo manejar las situaciones. Se ha vivido más, entonces sabes como manejarte un poco mejor", dijo.

"Tengo claro que es un partido súper importante para nosotros, tenemos mucha ilusión y optimismo, sabemos que es muy difícil, pero vamos a entregarlo todo y así, tenemos una posibilidad aceptable", añadió.

En otro plano, el estadounidense Andy Roddick aclaró que el ex técnico de Fernando González, el argentino Horacio de la Peña, no está en sus planes para ser su adiestrador.

"¿Yo? Jamás lo pensé. Me gusta Horacio como persona, pero nunca lo tuve en consideración, sobre todo porque está con un jugador", respondió el número uno de Estados Unidos. (Cooperativa.cl)
http://www.cooperativa.cl/p4_noticias/antialone.html?page=http://www.cooperativa.cl/p4_noticias/site/artic/20060404/pags/20060404200857.html

RogiFan88
04-08-2006, 02:43 AM
4/4/2006
"Agassi me dijo que el pasto no es la mejor decisión para ellos" ;)

El legendario Andre Agassi, que quedó fuera del duelo ante Chile por una lesión a la espalda y tobillo, mostró sus dudas en cuanto a la decisión de Estados Unidos de jugar en superficie de césped. Así lo contó el propio Fernando González, quien conversó con el ex número uno del mundo en el Masters Series de Miami.

La raqueta número uno de nuestro país, luego de la segunda jornada de entrenamientos en la cancha central de Mission Hills de California, reveló la conversación que tuvo con Andre Agassi en el pasado Masters Series. "Estuvimos hablando la semana pasada en Miami, y me dijo que para él no era una buena decisión poner pasto, habiendo tan poco tiempo de preparación y me dijo que la cancha no iba a estar buena", contó González a Radio Cooperativa. El Bombardero agregó que Agassi decía que ganar con el servicio era mucho más fácil y llegando a un tie break podía pasar cualquier cosa, por lo que Estados Unidos no podía estar tan seguro de su localía. "Ellos tratan de sacar la máxima ventaja, pero muchas veces al tratar de sacar tantas ventajas, se les pasa la mano y eso les puede jugar en contra", explicó González.

http://teletrece.canal13.cl/t13/html/Secciones/Deportes/IidqSSeccionesSDeportesSDeportes_PortadaSDeportesS Copa_DavisS259507.html

GonzoFan
04-08-2006, 08:16 AM
There is an interview in the Davis Cup official website with Gonzo

http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?id=13739

I can't hear it :banghead:

enqvistfan
04-08-2006, 08:23 AM
Congratulations Fernando for the great match :banana:
Sad that Nico lost to Roddick :(
Anyway, good luck against the Bryans

Regarding the other opponents, Russia is leading against France, so I wanted to see Chile and France face together (even if I prefer Russia), so we'll see !!

DhammaTiger
04-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Fernando :bowdown: :woohoo: what a fighter!! :hatoff: What a heart :worship: :dance: :banana: :bounce: poor Nico :sad: i am sure he tried very hard but the surface didn't suit him. Oh well miracles can happen and they can win the doubles.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
04-08-2006, 04:00 PM
When Feña was bagelled,I thought he's over. :o But after a sleep,he won in 5 sets like Ivan did too! :bigclap::hearts::banana:
The twins have higher chance,but this Chile doubles team is good too,so put more fire to beat them! :fiery::rocker2::boxing:

Sparko1030
04-08-2006, 05:38 PM
When Feña was bagelled,I thought he's over. :o But after a sleep,he won in 5 sets like Ivan did too! :bigclap::hearts::banana:
The twins have higher chance,but this Chile doubles team is good too,so put more fire to beat them! :fiery::rocker2::boxing:

I thought Fena was done for in that match too after the 2nd. I should have known not to give up on him! :smash:

GonzoFan
04-08-2006, 05:58 PM
I thought Fena was done for in that match too after the 2nd. I should have known not to give up on him! :smash:

Same here, Sparko :o :sobbing:

But he showed everyone once again what a fighter he is !!!! and what a BIG heart and spirit he has !!! :worship: :sobbing:

This was an amazing win !!!! :banana: he made me cry yesterday! :sobbing:

I'm so proud of him !!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Fernando !!! Fernando !!! Fernando !!!! :worship: :hug: :bigclap:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
04-08-2006, 05:59 PM
I think it's normal to be frustrated after the 2nd set. :o You know,he has a big serve,he was in QF in Wimby last year,James isn't that good on grass,it's impossible to be bagelled man! :shout:
If they lag today,I will fall asleep again! :lol:

GonzoFan
04-08-2006, 06:16 PM
It has been confirmed - Paul Capdeville and Adrián Garcia will play the double today :sobbing:
I don't think this is a good decision. Feña will have all the pressure on him tomorrow against Roddick.
He must be soooooo tired :hug: Poor Feña :hug:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
04-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Oh I am totally shocked. :eek: They drop the doubles! :speakles: Feña and Massu both have to win tomorrow.But maybe it's better than being so tired.It's fresh and risky strategy indeed! :rolls:

NicoFan
04-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Oh no...that's not good news at all.

And why not have Nico play with one of them rather than having two who no chance of beating the Bryans?

I don't understand. :eek: :shrug:

GonzoFan
04-08-2006, 06:29 PM
I don't understand either.
If Feña can't play Massu/Capdeville should play. Nico needs more practice on grass and with him I'm sure there would have been still chances for a surprise today.
Oh well ... I don't like this decision at all but Feña needs to rest and be prepare for Andy.

NicoFan
04-08-2006, 06:35 PM
I put this on Nico's board too so sorry for the repeat if someone is reading both forums.

I agree that Fer needs to rest for the Andy match.

But Nico does need the practice, and at least with him with Adrian or Paul, they have a fighting chance of beating the Bryans. But Adrian and Paul together have absolute no chance at all.

The only thing I am worried about is that its Nico's knee. If you see the replay, he did a number on it - looked like it went backward or something. I am freaking out and still am because there has been nada on it. If he is injured because of the decision to play on this stupid ass grass surface.... :mad: :mad:

GonzoFan
04-08-2006, 06:39 PM
NicoFan, don't worry, Nico is okay ;)
Gildemeister said that if Feña can't play today Nico should rest too but it's not because he has an injury or something like that so don't worry ;)

NicoFan
04-08-2006, 06:39 PM
And I have to add that after watching Fernando yesterday and his physical problems with his shoulder, he probably shouldn't be playing at all. :bigcry:

GonzoFan
04-08-2006, 06:41 PM
But I still don't understand why Massu-Capdeville aren't playing instead of Capdeville-Garcia. :shrug:
It would have been good for Nico to have some more match play on grass today.

off topic - I saw the Houston draw and in the first round Capdeville plays Roddick ... Poor Paul :hug:

NicoFan
04-08-2006, 06:41 PM
NicoFan, don't worry, Nico is okay ;)
Gildemeister said that if Feña can't play today Nico should rest too but it's not because he has an injury or something like that so don't worry ;)

Gracias :hug: I hope so. He was moving well at the end of the match so he s/b alright.

All these injuries with the chicos...it makes me crazy. :sad:

NicoFan
04-08-2006, 06:42 PM
But I still don't understand why Massu-Capdeville aren't playing instead of Capdeville-Garcia. :shrug:
It would have been good for Nico to have some more match play on grass today.

off topic - I saw the Houston draw and in the first round Capdeville plays Roddick ... Poor Paul :hug:

I know...I don't understand either. :shrug: Nico does need more time on grass.

I didn't see the draw...oh poor Paul...that sucks big time. :sad:

Sparko1030
04-08-2006, 06:42 PM
I question the decisoin too...it is a tough call but it does worry me.... (:secret: frankly I would feel better about it if it was Horacio coaching and making the decisions.I hate to say it but that's the way I feel. :p ) And I hope and pray that Nico's knee is ok....please God!!!!!

GonzoFan
04-08-2006, 06:44 PM
I wonder when will be the day when we'll see both of them alright and without injuries and having some great results at the same time.

Always one of them has to have an injury or something like that :sobbing:

NicoFan
04-08-2006, 06:46 PM
I question the decisoin too...it is a tough call but it does worry me.... (:secret: frankly I would feel better about it if it was Horacio coaching and making the decisions.I hate to say it but that's the way I feel. :p ) And I hope and pray that Nico's knee is ok....please God!!!!!

:lol: Me too! I would trust Horacio so much more than Hans. :eek:

We have to root doubly hard for Paul and Adrian - poor sweeties. :hug: Up against those chest bumping Bryan twins. :eek: :lol:

GonzoFan
04-08-2006, 06:50 PM

With this decision we don't have any chance at all of beating the Bryans ...

Off topic again :lol: - Horacio said that yesterday he had to resist so hard to not yell some advices at Feña when he was playing Blake.
Horacio :hug:
He was the commentator of the match with Fernando Solabarrieta and Horacio was all the time yelling "VAMOS FER!" VAMOS FER!!!!"
He even broke something after Gonzo won those three games in a row in the fifth.

GonzoFan
04-08-2006, 06:52 PM
:lol: Me too! I would trust Horacio so much more than Hans. :eek:

We have to root doubly hard for Paul and Adrian - poor sweeties. :hug: Up against those chest bumping Bryan twins. :eek: :lol:

Yes! Poor guys :hug: I hope they'll give a good fight there today.

At first I thought it was really funny when the Bryans did that chest bumping but after I saw them doing it from the first point in their match against Gonzo/Nico in the USO last year I don't like them at all :ras: :lol:

NicoFan
04-08-2006, 06:55 PM
I wonder when will be the day when we'll see both of them alright and without injuries and having some great results at the same time.

Always one of them has to have an injury or something like that :sobbing:

I don't think that day will ever come. :sad: I've been waiting for a long time and it never happens. If Fernando is doing great, Nico isn't. If Nico is doing great, Fernando isn't.

Its the injuries that scare me the most though.

The game is so physical now, and it seems if they push push push to move up, that's when injuries happen. Nico in 2004 to get to the top ten - then foot and ankle injuries. Fer in 2005 to get to the top ten - then shoulder problems. :sad:

Yesterday was awful.

First I was ready to cry over Fernando seeing him in obvious physical pain with his shoulder and then his legs cramping where he could barely serve at times at the end.

Then I was frightened when Andy went down - that was totally scary. And at that point, the chair ump s/h called the match until the next day becasue the sun was going down and the grass was slippery. But no, they do nada :( ...then Nico goes down hard and his is even more serious. That caused the chair umpire to finally say that after the set if the match wasn't decided, they would continue the next day. Too late then....two of the top ATP players could have been seriously injured and out. :mad:

NicoFan
04-08-2006, 06:58 PM
Off topic again :lol: - Horacio said that yesterday he had to resist so hard to not yell some advices at Feña when he was playing Blake.
Horacio :hug:
He was the commentator of the match with Fernando Solabarrieta and Horacio was all the time yelling "VAMOS FER!" VAMOS FER!!!!"
He even broke something after Gonzo won those three games in a row in the fifth.

Thanks for telling us that. :lol:

Horacio...he's so sweet. :hug: And he loves Fernando so much. Its killing me that they're not together. :sad:

And I don't like that chest bumping thing either. Its freaky. :eek: :lol:

GonzoFan
04-08-2006, 07:50 PM
NicoFan and Sparko - maybe now you won't trust in Horacio's decision that much because I was reading the newspaper and he said that he hopes Gonzo doesn't play today. :lol:
But I'm pretty sure Horacio would have decide to play against the Bryans with Massu/Capdeville

NicoFan
04-08-2006, 07:56 PM
NicoFan and Sparko - maybe now you won't trust in Horacio's decision that much because I was reading the newspaper and he said that he hopes Gonzo doesn't play today. :lol:
But I'm pretty sure Horacio would have decide to play against the Bryans with Massu/Capdeville

:lol: Well actually I agree that Fernando shouldn't play because they need him feeling 100% for Andy.

And yeah, Horacio definitely would have had Nico and Paul playing together.

This Adrian with Paul is a bit insane. :confused:

Its going to be very hard for both Fer and Nico to win tomorrow.

Of course, IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING! :yeah:

RogiFan88
04-08-2006, 08:13 PM
I just got back to find out Fena and Nico are not playing the dbles today! I guess it's best they rest up but what a blow... all I can say is:

VAMOS, PAUL Y ADRIAN!!!!

RogiFan88
04-08-2006, 08:13 PM
I forgot to ask if anyone knows if Guille is watching and cheering for CHL! ;)

Sparko1030
04-08-2006, 08:22 PM

Thanks for all the info GF. That is sweet about Horacio! I agree that Fernando shouldn't play today but if Nico's is OK physically then why not have him play and have a better chance of winning. But no, Fena definatley needs to rest.

And it looks like the doubles match is just starting. Good Luck to Paul and Adrian!!! VAMOS CHILE!!!!

GonzoFan
04-08-2006, 09:20 PM
I forgot to ask if anyone knows if Guille is watching and cheering for CHL! ;)

Coria didn't watch the matches yesterday but he was near there practicing.
I watched an interview with him yesterday.

GonzoFan
04-08-2006, 09:38 PM
We are down 1-2

Tomorrow it will be a very stressfull day for all of us. :sobbing:

VAMOS CHILE !!!!!

Bloodletting
04-08-2006, 09:46 PM
To rest Massú and Gonzalez was the best thing Chile could do.

Massú can practice all day if he wants, instead of having an unnecesary risk playing the doubles, and Gonzalez is not fit.

But there's something beyond the fitness and resting issues. This is a direct message for Roddick and Blake. With this, Gildemeister is directly saying to them "Hey, we are so sure we can beat the crap out of you that we'll not take risk on the doubles and kill you on the singles".

Do you believe Roddick and/or Blake are feeling as confident as yesterday? I don't think so. I believe Roddick can have a stun tomorrow, and if Massú forces Blake to a 5th, he'll choke and we will be on Davis semifinals.

NicoFan
04-08-2006, 09:49 PM
To rest Massú and Gonzalez was the best thing Chile could do.

Massú can practice all day if he wants, instead of having an unnecesary risk playing the doubles, and Gonzalez is not fit.

But there's something beyond the fitness and resting issues. This is a direct message for Roddick and Blake. With this, Gildemeister is directly saying to them "Hey, we are so sure we can beat the crap out of you that we'll not take risk on the doubles and kill you on the singles".

Do you believe Roddick and/or Blake are feeling as confident as yesterday? I don't think so. I believe Roddick can have a stun tomorrow, and if Massú forces Blake to a 5th, he'll choke and we will be on Davis semifinals.

:yeah:

I hope you're right Bloodletting!

I wish I were as confident as you...I'm scared. :scared:

I mean, I have confidence in our boys as warriors and fighters.

But ... I always worry. :lol: This whole thing is just way too stressful. :eek:

Bloodletting
04-08-2006, 09:52 PM
Its a very similar scenario than Russia - Chile... Gonzo all dried out against the best form ever Safin (coming from winning Paris and AO, win over Fedex, playing on favorite surface), Gonzo had the match and could have won it, but lost it, unluckily. The difference is that Roddick doesn't carry the same form of Safin, so I believe Gonzo has a great chance of winning. Then Massú - Blake is just flipping a coin

GonzoFan
04-08-2006, 09:57 PM
I hope you are right, Bloodletting but just like NicoFan, I always get so nervous and worried. Always!.

GonzoFan
04-08-2006, 10:58 PM
From www.cooperativa.cl

-internet translation-

Fernando González: "I am recovering to be ready on Sunday"

Number one of Chile clarified that his physical annoyances are normal due to the fatigue, and has assured his presence in the decisive duel Glass Davis Andy Roddick.

After reducing itself of the shock of doubles before the brothers Bob and Mike Bryan, the Chilean tennis player Fernando González was in charge to clear the doubts when clarifying that its absence only responds to a precaution, and that all the efforts are destined to the duel of this Sunday against Andy Roddick.

In dialogue with Cooperative, the number one national clarified that "it was a decision altogether to have rested today (Saturday) to be to the one hundred percent tomorrow (Sunday)".

The player of La Reina indicated that only "he is tired", and clarified that the physical annoyances do not respond to an injury, but to the concerted effort that made to defeat James Blake Friday.

"After four hours and average is something completely normal, but I am recovering me to be ready morning (Sunday)", assured.

The party of Fernando González (18º) and Andy Roddick (4º) will gamble this Sunday from the 14:00 hours (18:00 GMT) on the turf of Mission Hills, and only a triumph of the number one national will allow Chile to follow with life in the series that favors by 2-1 the Americans.

NicoFan
04-09-2006, 12:12 AM
Interesting comments by Blake as reported in tennisreporters.net: ;)

Blake on Chile's gamesmanship: 'bush league'

But, in the end, it was greater intensity of Gonzalez and captain Hans Gildemeister that rule the day, as they argued numerous calls in the deciding set and managed to take two medical timeouts for the same injury during the set even when only one is allowed.

Even though he saluted Gonzalez for the victory, Blake accused them of gamesmanship.

"I thought in the past maybe I've had girlfriends that complained a lot, but he took that to a whole new level complaining when they get called," Blake said of Gildemeister. "When you take one injury timeout and get your leg rubbed, then five or six games later get the same leg rubbed and say now it's cramping, and before it wasn't, I mean, you tell me what that is," Blake said.. You think that belongs in the Major Leagues or in the bush leagues? That's Davis Cup. That's what they have to live with. That's not me. I do my best to play fairly and go about my business out there, worry about my side of the court. I couldn't worry about that during the match. If they can explain that any better, be my guest. It doesn't seem like the way Dwight Davis wrote it up."

Nonetheless, Blake still could have won the match, but the Chilean was much more secure in his service games and closed the contest out by kissing the corners with his heater four straight times.

"This is my favorite tournament," Gonzalez said. "I'm in the middle of my career. I get very satisfied when I play Davis Cup, It's really amazing for me. The key of the match was fighting. This is Davis Cup, you represent your country, you can give anything. You have to fight until the end because I know that the people in my country, they expecting that it doesn't matter what happens, the thing is try to give your best until the end of the match."

Sparko1030
04-09-2006, 01:56 AM
Interesting comments by Blake as reported in tennisreporters.net: ;)

Blake on Chile's gamesmanship: 'bush league'

But, in the end, it was greater intensity of Gonzalez and captain Hans Gildemeister that rule the day, as they argued numerous calls in the deciding set and managed to take two medical timeouts for the same injury during the set even when only one is allowed.

Even though he saluted Gonzalez for the victory, Blake accused them of gamesmanship.

"I thought in the past maybe I've had girlfriends that complained a lot, but he took that to a whole new level complaining when they get called," Blake said of Gildemeister. "When you take one injury timeout and get your leg rubbed, then five or six games later get the same leg rubbed and say now it's cramping, and before it wasn't, I mean, you tell me what that is," Blake said.. You think that belongs in the Major Leagues or in the bush leagues? That's Davis Cup. That's what they have to live with. That's not me. I do my best to play fairly and go about my business out there, worry about my side of the court. I couldn't worry about that during the match. If they can explain that any better, be my guest. It doesn't seem like the way Dwight Davis wrote it up."

Nonetheless, Blake still could have won the match, but the Chilean was much more secure in his service games and closed the contest out by kissing the corners with his heater four straight times.

"This is my favorite tournament," Gonzalez said. "I'm in the middle of my career. I get very satisfied when I play Davis Cup, It's really amazing for me. The key of the match was fighting. This is Davis Cup, you represent your country, you can give anything. You have to fight until the end because I know that the people in my country, they expecting that it doesn't matter what happens, the thing is try to give your best until the end of the match."

:eek: James????? What is all complaining about???? I didn't read any comments on Fena's cramps on the GM. Me thinks he needs to have something to complain about since he blew a 2 set lead.....James, James, James....not sure I can continue to be a fan when you talk about my dear Fena like that. :sad:

:hug: to Fernando. Just continue being who you are-that's why we love you!

Fergie
04-09-2006, 02:33 AM
Vamos Feña vs Roddick, I know that you can do it!!! :bounce:

RogiFan88
04-09-2006, 03:28 AM
VAMOS, FENA!!

Trash talking fr James... and he talks about gamesmanship...

GonzoFan
04-09-2006, 04:20 AM
I'm so nervous !!!

VAMOS CHILE !!!!!!

enqvistfan
04-09-2006, 06:56 AM
We are down 1-2

Tomorrow it will be a very stressfull day for all of us. :sobbing:

VAMOS CHILE !!!!!

At least Gonzalez and Massu recovered (I hope). Yes, today, will be a stressy day. And, Gonzalez will have the pressure against Roddick. In their head to head, Roddick is leading 3-2, last meeting was last year in IW and Roddick won. It will be their first meeting on grass. Vamos Fernando :bounce: It's still possible !!

olimpo
04-09-2006, 10:13 AM
There is an interview in the Davis Cup official website with Gonzo

http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?id=13739

I can't hear it :banghead:

GonzoFan I have uploaded it here for you - hope it works for you after the download:

http://rapidshare.de/files/17557018/DC_5836_mp3.MP3.html

And you were right it is very easy to share files like videos and audios by this :D

I♥PsY@Mus!c
04-09-2006, 10:30 AM
Whatever the overall results are,win your own match first! :rocker2:

enqvistfan
04-09-2006, 06:29 PM
Interesting articles after Fernando's first match, there's one about his mum :)

GonzoFan
04-09-2006, 09:23 PM
Well ... we all know what happened ...

Fernando :hug:

I know there are many americans here but sorry, I can't stay quite and don't say that they stole our match.

Fernando played amazing the first two sets and kept fighting in the next two but he can't play against Roddick, line people, umpire, etc... at the same time.

I'm so proud of you Fernando :hug:
On Friday you gave a great lesson to everyone fighting when everything was lost and today you played amazing!!!

Best of luck for what's coming now :yeah:

Sparko1030
04-09-2006, 09:37 PM
Well ... we all know what happened ...

Fernando :hug:

I know there are many americans here but sorry, I can't stay quite and don't say that they stole our match.

Fernando played amazing the first two sets and kept fighting in the next two but he can't play against Roddick, line people, umpire, etc... at the same time.

I'm so proud of you Fernando :hug:
On Friday you gave a great lesson to everyone fighting when everything was lost and today you played amazing!!!

Best of luck for what's coming now :yeah:

:hug: :hug: :hug: Well, you know I don't take any offense at all GF! When it comes to tennis I feel like I'm Chilean-even though I've never been to your great country and don't speak Spanish! :lol: I love Fena and Nico and love how they play for their country. I'm with you on Fena's loss today. And James is off my siggy till I can forgive or forget what he said about Fena the other day. Sounds like the US will play Russia on clay-good luck on that :rolls:

And I think I know enough about Ferando to feel certain he is really hurting right now because he feels he let his country and team down but it is obvious he tried his best and had too much to overcome in today's match. He is a winner in all ways as far as I'm concerned. :worship:

Oh, and check this out!!!! Paul is up 5-2 in the 5th match!!!! I know is a meaningless match as far as the tie goes but it would be great for James to lose to Chile's 2nd string! :p

kidnicky
04-09-2006, 09:46 PM
yes Paul won the first set and just broke in the second set :banana: but I'm pretty sure that Blake will say that he was just standing there 'cause he had too but he wouldn't risk his health for a meaningless match like this so that's why he played like that :ras:

stupid team :ras:

RogiFan88
04-10-2006, 03:08 AM
I'm sorry that CHL lost to USA but I'm very proud of all the team, who tried their best under adverse conditions, playing for their country! Fena, you're the best! What a cute article about the Mamas too! So cute! ;)

No matter what, we always love our Chileno boys! Now time to rest up and recuperate before the great clay season! ;)

Fergie
04-10-2006, 03:55 AM
Feña, we are so proud of you! :hug:

GonzoFan
04-10-2006, 09:03 AM
GonzoFan I have uploaded it here for you - hope it works for you after the download:

http://rapidshare.de/files/17557018/DC_5836_mp3.MP3.html

And you were right it is very easy to share files like videos and audios by this :D

Thank you so much :hug:

Here is another one from today but I also can't hear it :lol:
I don't know what's wrong with my computer :shrug:

http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/audio/mp3/DC_5945_mp3.MP3

star
04-10-2006, 01:44 PM
I hope you all have seen the nice articles at www.desertsun.com

Gonzalez was extremely gracious after the match as was Gildermeister. :hatoff:

Sparko1030
04-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the link Star :wavey:

olimpo
04-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Thank you so much :hug:

Here is another one from today but I also can't hear it :lol:
I don't know what's wrong with my computer :shrug:

http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/audio/mp3/DC_5945_mp3.MP3

Did it work that way? Were you able to play it on your computer after the download? Let me know and I'll upload the new one too :)

olimpo
04-10-2006, 06:03 PM

Thanks a lot for the link :)

Fernando :worship: :hatoff: :worship:

GonzoFan
04-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Did it work that way? Were you able to play it on your computer after the download? Let me know and I'll upload the new one too :)

Yes, it worked ;)
I could hear like a thousand times that he didn't give up because he was playing for his country :hug:
I wish that instead of ATP Tour the tour would be called Davis Cup for Chile :lol: Fernando would be with no doubt #1 in the world. :lol:
(Horacio said that yesterday)

Thanks so much again!!! :hug:

Thanks to star for the link :yeah:

GonzoFan
04-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Remember that Fernando for Davis Cup is a commentator in the news of a tv chanel?

Yesterday he was there talking about the match and everything but I can't upload the video :sobbing: I'll try to do it again later.

olimpo
04-10-2006, 06:49 PM
I wish that instead of ATP Tour the tour would be called Davis Cup for Chile :lol: Fernando would be with no doubt #1 in the world. :lol:
(Horacio said that yesterday)

:lol:

Yes, it worked :) Thanks so much again!!! :hug:

:) I’m glad it worked and that I was able to help you out with something after everything you do here for us :hug:

I’ll upload it now and will post the link then :)

EDIT: here it is - that was a highspeed upload ;)

http://rapidshare.de/files/17675649/DC_5945_mp3_090406.MP3.html

GonzoFan
04-10-2006, 07:27 PM
:) I’m glad it worked and that I was able to help you out with something after everything you do here for us :hug:

I’ll upload it now and will post the link then :)

EDIT: here it is - that was a highspeed upload ;)

http://rapidshare.de/files/17675649/DC_5945_mp3_090406.MP3.html

Thank you so much :hug: :hug: :hug:

Fernando :hug: :worship:

RogiFan88
04-10-2006, 09:31 PM

I'll just post the article here:

Gonzalez lays it all on line in loss
When country is involved, Chilean star is at his best

Photo Gallery
2006 Davis Cup Quarterfinal
Ramon Mena Owens, The Desert Sun

Fernando Gonzalez of Chile returns the ball to Andy Roddick on Sunday during Davis Cup play at Mission Hills Country Club in Rancho Mirage.

Chilean faithful show support in defeat