Marcos is this week's blogger [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Marcos is this week's blogger

-sOfia-
03-25-2006, 07:56 AM
http://www.atptennis.com/en/blog/baghdatis.asp

I've been enjoying my time here in Miami and got the chance to be part of two fun events before the tournament started. First, I swam with dolphins at the Miami Seaquariam. I was a bit shocked at how much power they have - you notice that when they pull you along - and how much they understand. On Tuesday night I went to the Stars for Stars awards party at the Four Seasons hotel, which was a lot of fun. Roger won three awards and deserves them all. He's a great person and player and he gives a lot to the sport.

I was third match on today so I slept till about 8.45. I just had a very light breakfast - two slices of bread in my room. We bought the bread and some Philadelphia cream cheese from a supermarket. I had a sandwich on site around 11. I hit at 12 with Florent Serra for 30 minutes - just long enough to feel the ball.

Then I went into the locker room to prepare. I did some stretching and then strapped my ankles. I started doing that in Australia when I had problems with my feet. Just talked a little bit to the trainer and physio while I waited for my match. I didn't have a great feeling going out to play because of the conditions. The wind made it tough so I just wanted to win as quickly as possible and get back into the locker room I fought hard for every point and was pleased to get a 6-2, 6-4 win over Alex Bogomolov. There were no fans from Cypress in the crowd today so that atmosphere was very different to what I experienced in Australia.

Tonight we'll probably eat at the hotel and then my coach, girlfriend and a cameraman traveling with me will probably play some monopoly. We bought a small version of the game in France and brought it with us. I'm pleased that my girlfriend can be with me this week. After I won against Berdych in Indian Wells I called her and told her I missed her and that I wanted her to come to the States. It's tough being so far apart. As a model she has a flexible schedule so she was able to get away at short notice.

It's a day off tomorrow. My next match will be against Nikolay Davydenko, so that will be a tough one for sure.

Marcos

Iza
03-25-2006, 08:08 AM
:woohoo: it's great that they picked him :D

Choupi
03-26-2006, 01:16 PM
I agree Iza. And I just can't wait for the next entry. :)