Henman Chat Thread. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Henman Chat Thread.

angiel
03-23-2006, 07:21 PM
Hey all you Henman fans, here I am starting a chat thread for him, so you can do all your talking about him here........

Do you think he will win WIMBLEDON THIS YEAR??????????

I would love to see him do that, and retires, what do you all think? :cool: :D :wavey:

thenman
03-24-2006, 02:54 AM
I would love for TIMBLEDON 2006 to happen. I would cry with happiness.
I still have faith. Maybe all the pressure being on Murray instead of Tim, plus some home cooking (coughcough) at Wimbledon may help Tim win it? You never know.

GO TIM!

Incidentally, I was wondering if anyone has seen recent pics of Rosie and Olivia? I imagine they would be very cute :)

BlakeorHenman
03-24-2006, 05:16 AM
im just satisfied hes up a set and a break against safin right now... NEVER thought that would happen. Is '04 Tim back???

Yonge
03-24-2006, 05:36 AM
Tim def. Marat 6-3 6-3 :worship:

angiel
04-04-2006, 10:14 PM
I would love for TIMBLEDON 2006 to happen. I would cry with happiness.
I still have faith. Maybe all the pressure being on Murray instead of Tim, plus some home cooking (coughcough) at Wimbledon may help Tim win it? You never know.

GO TIM!

Incidentally, I was wondering if anyone has seen recent pics of Rosie and Olivia? I imagine they would be very cute :)

Maybe it will just happen this year, for him. :wavey: :angel: :worship:

angiel
05-06-2006, 08:01 PM
Where is all the Henman fans, come on people start posting here, for timmy. :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :confused: :( :wavey:

Primal
05-07-2006, 10:47 AM
First off all I want to say that I JUST LOVE TIM'S GAME! It's awesome. I do miss such a beautiful, clever and pure game nowadays. But likely we have TIM!

I was watching (again) his dubai match against Nadal and I think that he's got more chances to beat him, than let's say Roger has (Roger is still my fave. Sorry guys:) but anyhow i think Tim's game style (or may be less pressure) is more efficient against Nadal).

Anyhow I'm happy about the fact that Tim is still on tour, and really hope he's not going to retire any soon.

GO TIM!

Primal
05-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Henman - Di Mauro

3-4

Come OOOOON TIM!!!!

Primal
08-02-2006, 07:23 AM
Tim Is through the first round in Washington! :yeah:
Hope he goes deep!

Come on TIM!

musefanatic
09-28-2006, 07:27 PM
Just thought i'd ressurect this a bit and say well done Timmy for winning his second match in a row!!!! :woohoo:

Shame it was against a Briton but who cares, timmy won!!! Come on the rankings and good luck for the next match!!! :woohoo:

MurrayFan1
09-28-2006, 07:28 PM
Anybody think he'll beat Schricapan? I think both players have the capability to be amazing and beat anybody on their day, but it depends on what happens on the day.

musefanatic
09-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Hmmm i really don't know, i think Paradorn, his damn name :lol: might beat Tim if he's on it, he has a huge forehand. I believe in you still timmy!! :lol: Come on!!!

musefanatic
09-29-2006, 11:42 PM
Damn it Tim!!! Such a bad choke! :sad: :sad: Ah well, at least his ranking will have gone up a bit :)

musefanatic
10-09-2006, 06:26 PM
Woo Tim's up to 34 in the world now after his final against Roger!! Well done Tim :)

Yonge
10-10-2006, 03:48 AM
The ATP site says he's no.40 in the entry rankings and that's GREAT considering he was 55 last week!

musefanatic
10-10-2006, 09:02 PM
Ah no 40! Well that's still brilliant :) I don't know where i got 34 from, maybe that's in the race :confused:

LK_22
10-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Henman recieves wildcard for Madrid :yeah:

Hopefully he can be top 32 in time for Aussie Open next year :D

musefanatic
10-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Yeah i was well pleased hearing this :) Well done Tim, come on boy!! :woohoo:

coral
10-26-2006, 06:57 PM
Great to see so many Tim fans from other countries as well as GB. When on song he is one of the greats to watch. I've followed his career for ten years now.

Feeling a bit `down' having just seen him hobble off court at Basle with a dodgy knee having narrowly lost againsr Wawrinka. Really annoys me when commentators go on about his age.......

musefanatic
10-26-2006, 11:56 PM
I totally agree with you Coral, he's still an amazing player and it's great he can still be at such a high standard. Hope his knee injury isn't too serious :)

safin-rules-no.1
11-01-2006, 03:46 PM
come back strong tim. you need to be ready for aus open - hope you can make a good run :yeah:

coral
11-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Nusefanatic - glad to see Tim's injury not serious and look forward to seeing him play for another year.

RogiFan88
01-04-2007, 07:27 PM
This may not be the thread to ask this but re:

Wimbledon -- what does one have to do to get tickets? for Centre Court? for Court 1? for other courts? Is it necessary to line up overnight in a tent? If you line up early in the morning [as in before 8.00am] what kind of tickets can you hope to get? Which days can you line up for tickets, e.g., is it possible to do this and get tickets for R16 and beyond?

I realize that there are many restrictions, etc. but I would appreciate any info from experienced Wimby-goers, whether here or in a PM.

Thanks!

musefanatic
01-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Sorry i can't answer that question Rogifan but some more news about Tim, his next tournament will be the Open 13, Marseille :) Good luck for it Tim and hope you're fit by then :)

jazar
05-05-2007, 12:17 PM
easy draw for henners in rome. almagro in round 1 :devil:

btw, anyone see rusedski on tonight with jonathan ross last night?

Horatio Caine
05-05-2007, 07:11 PM
easy draw for henners in rome. almagro in round 1 :devil:

Horrible :sad: It is probably the best clay court he could want to face Almagro on...but he won't win the match from the back of the court. If he charges the net he'll probably get passed a lot. Very tough match, but I won't be shocked to see him win it...it is possible, but chances aren't high. Federer R2 is, well.... :wavey: top 50 Tim :sad:

btw, anyone see rusedski on tonight with jonathan ross last night?

No, I was out at my uni's Athletic Union Ball :banana:

But now that you mention he was on it, I shall make the effort the watch the show at 01:25. Thanks mate :yeah:

jazar
05-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Horrible :sad: It is probably the best clay court he could want to face Almagro on...but he won't win the match from the back of the court. If he charges the net he'll probably get passed a lot. Very tough match, but I won't be shocked to see him win it...it is possible, but chances aren't high. Federer R2 is, well.... :wavey: top 50 Tim :sad:

No, I was out at my uni's Athletic Union Ball :banana:

But now that you mention he was on it, I shall make the effort the watch the show at 01:25. Thanks mate :yeah:

i really hope tim will come to the net cos that is the only way he is going to win, unless he gives almagro absolutely no pace whatsoever.

its a pretty funny interview, kind of focusing on the fact he is canadian

Horatio Caine
05-06-2007, 10:57 AM
i really hope tim will come to the net cos that is the only way he is going to win, unless he gives almagro absolutely no pace whatsoever.

No pace could work...he needs to study Volandri the night before the match. :lol: He'll have to charge the net I think...off virtually every first serve. He will struggle to break the Almagro serve I think.

its a pretty funny interview, kind of focusing on the fact he is canadian

Yeah it was a good interview. Ross is a funny guy...£500 on Greg to beat him :lol:

jazar
05-06-2007, 05:55 PM
No pace could work...he needs to study Volandri the night before the match. :lol: He'll have to charge the net I think...off virtually every first serve. He will struggle to break the Almagro serve I think.

Yeah it was a good interview. Ross is a funny guy...£500 on Greg to beat him :lol:

yeah, i was thinking he needs to play a bit like volandri. he could use his slice to his advantage. and make almagro pass him, cos if he stays at the back, he'll stand no chance.

greg was sort of a last minute replacement. petre andre and jordan were supposed to be on, but petre andre was inconsiderate and went and contracted meningitis, with no thought for the tv commitment he had made

Horatio Caine
05-06-2007, 06:12 PM
greg was sort of a last minute replacement. petre andre and jordan were supposed to be on, but petre andre was inconsiderate and went and contracted meningitis, with no thought for the tv commitment he had made

Ah!! I had a feeling I read somewhere that they were supposed to be on. Still, it was probably the best time to have Greg on the show given that he has only been retired for a month. He was a worthy replacement :yeah:

jazar
05-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Ah!! I had a feeling I read somewhere that they were supposed to be on. Still, it was probably the best time to have Greg on the show given that he has only been retired for a month. He was a worthy replacement :yeah:

yeah, he has a personality. if andy murray ever went on there, his lack of personality would come right through

JustJames
05-06-2007, 08:53 PM
yeah, he has a personality. if andy murray ever went on there, his lack of personality would come right through

It already has...on the 20 second soundbites they put on the BBC website.. :lol:

Still, he seems decent enough and is a great tennis player.. [although I know that you disagree.. :lol: ]

Horatio Caine
05-07-2007, 02:56 PM

God, he would actually send me to sleep if I watched it Sunday 01:30 :zzz:

jazar
05-07-2007, 05:05 PM
God, he would actually send me to sleep if I watched it Sunday 01:30 :zzz:

he sends me to sleep everytime i even see him (unless he is losing, then i'm wide awake)

jazar
05-12-2007, 05:33 PM
no timmy in hammers

jazar
05-25-2007, 01:34 PM
timmy has gulbis in RG. pretty good draw as gulbis isnt that great on clay. he could have a potential meeting with nadal, wouldnt that be fun

Horatio Caine
05-26-2007, 11:58 AM
timmy has gulbis in RG. pretty good draw as gulbis isnt that great on clay. he could have a potential meeting with nadal, wouldnt that be fun

Gulbis is beatable...but not a cert. Soderling would probably nab him in R2 though. Nadal wouldn't be fun, no :sad:

jazar
05-26-2007, 02:31 PM
Gulbis is beatable...but not a cert. Soderling would probably nab him in R2 though. Nadal wouldn't be fun, no :sad:

but nadal is vulnerable now his streak is over. timmy could take him

Horatio Caine
05-27-2007, 04:43 PM
but nadal is vulnerable now his streak is over. timmy could take him

James Ward would stand a better chance :tape:

jazar
05-27-2007, 05:01 PM
James Ward would stand a better chance :tape:

my arse

sarciness
05-27-2007, 06:51 PM
One step at a time! Go win R1!

jazar
05-29-2007, 05:33 PM
timbo lost 4,3 and 2 to a very impressive gulbis. it was really refreshing to see henman playing his attacking, SV tennis of old, its just a shame that his volleying wasnt great today and that he set gulbis up for too many passes.

well, on to queens and hopefully some better form on home turf

jazar
06-04-2007, 08:39 PM
timbo really should have played surbiton

Horatio Caine
06-04-2007, 11:11 PM
my arse

...has just been ripped a new hole :lol:

Ward managed to win 1 set on ATP clay this year :tape: Henman unfortunately didn't :sobbing:

jazar
06-05-2007, 01:36 PM
...has just been ripped a new hole :lol:

Ward managed to win 1 set on ATP clay this year :tape: Henman unfortunately didn't :sobbing:

if tim had played someone as shit as the guy ward played he would have won more than a set.

lets look at tim's clay opponents:

1. jc ferrero-former RG champ
2. n almagro-bit of a headcase, but one of the best clay courters around
3. e gulbis-up and coming junior who will be top 20 at least

james ward's opponent:

1. a gensse-some shitty french dude with no career in tennis

Horatio Caine
06-06-2007, 06:57 PM
You really don't like Ward do you? :lol:

jazar
06-06-2007, 07:47 PM
i just see no point in supporting someone who obviously has no future in the game

jazar
06-12-2007, 03:42 PM
tim suffers another disappointing loss to cilic. tim's serve and volleys suck so much atm. he is no longer a threat on grass

Champion number 1
06-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Henman should retire after the davis cup match with Croatia unless he honestly believes he can be a threat in winning tournaments next year. He has won just 1 match this year and many of the youngsters are beating him already. He should give it one last push at Wimbly and the Davis Cup and then maybe retire gracefully!

jazar
06-12-2007, 07:05 PM
what good will henman be in DC, if he can't even beat cilic on grass

jazar
06-12-2007, 07:22 PM
he is going to play nottingham

http://http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12062007/58/henman-age-factor.html

Champion number 1
06-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Yes but Henman is the only option you have unless Boggo shows good form and not only at Queens but also at Wimbly. Croatia have a strong grass court team so unless miracles happen GB should lose anyway.

jazar
06-13-2007, 06:57 AM
we are going to lose with or without henman, so it doesnt matter

jazar
06-16-2007, 07:39 PM
mike russell in nottingham round 1. he won't get much of a better draw than that

jazar
06-19-2007, 03:57 PM
at last tim has won a match. its a miracle

Allegretto
06-20-2007, 07:35 AM
Tursunov later though.

:rain:

jazar
06-20-2007, 08:12 PM
dima took down tim, but at least he got a set

Countman
06-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Tim played quite well yesterday, but he missed a couple of setpoints in the first set and that was crucial. Tursunov is a very good player on grass - last week he defeated Gonzalez at Queens and he nearly took his match against Roddick into a decider, so I'm happy with Henman's game. He is finding his form and if he has a good draw at Wimbledon he might have a good run.

Allegretto
06-21-2007, 08:55 PM
He'll probably draw Federer in the first round. :sobbing:

leoneo
07-15-2007, 04:31 AM
Go Tim~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

abceded
08-05-2007, 06:16 PM
tims playing in new haven

trisco
09-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Thought Tim's thread would be abit more alive than this?
Just to let you all know if you wanna see him in action we have a comp going for tickets to the Betfair Turbo Tennis tourney.

Should be a good tournament in one of Tims final outings.

jazar
09-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Thought Tim's thread would be abit more alive than this?
Just to let you all know if you wanna see him in action we have a comp going for tickets to the Betfair Turbo Tennis tourney.

Should be a good tournament in one of Tims final outings.

its not exactly a proper tournament though

musefanatic
09-20-2007, 06:49 PM
So it's Tim's last hurrah, the davis cup this weekend and up against Ljubo first :eek: Good luck to him, even if we don't win, it doesn't matter, i'll know i'll cry and i'm sure many others will :) What a great player and gentleman of the sport he has been, a true great :)

ae wowww
09-22-2007, 07:49 PM
An honour to be at Tim's last match today, which truly reminded me of what an awesome player with a perfect game he is. Very wise to end it here, with 2 wins in 2 days, at Wimbledon.

allyson_cro
09-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Loved his last match yesterday. I'm glad he had 2 wins in 2 days, it's a perfect goodbye. I'll miss you, Tim :worship: :sad: