Maybe no OG for seb and'co...! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Maybe no OG for seb and'co...!

Marine
12-16-2003, 06:17 PM
All french players who are not sponsored by adidas (the main sponsor of the french athletes in the OG) have the the same problem as Clijsters !!
Their sponsor (Lacoste for seb/arnaud, fab...) and NIke (Mauresmo) refuse they are sponsored by adisais just for the OG, so there is a big problem !!! :fiery:

Only Paulo(:kiss:) and Dip are sponsored by adidas, so maybe they will play thanks to their clothes !!

michelleg
12-16-2003, 06:21 PM
*Ponders the quandry*

I propose Nono plays barefoot and naked. Endorsement dilemma solved.

Dang, I'd pay big bucks to get a match like that on pay-per-view!

(and whats with the mean thing? I'm not mean....well, as long as you're not a Roddick fan.)

esther
12-17-2003, 11:19 AM
LOOOL @ arnaud playing naked and barefoot

what mean thign?

esther
12-17-2003, 11:23 AM
ok marine just explained what that meant lool and thats sooooooo not fair!!! :bigcry:

Lindsayfan
12-17-2003, 12:55 PM
i wonder which brand will sponsor american olympic team :confused:

lizabeth..*
12-17-2003, 12:58 PM
I hope not Reebok ;)

lizabeth..*
12-17-2003, 12:58 PM
All I can say is Nike better be sponsoring Spain or let Carlos wear something else or all hell is going to break loose.

michelleg
12-17-2003, 01:36 PM
One would think that the respective countries' Olympic committees would back off on the "official" uniform issues, or the multinational corporations like Nike et al would get off their high horses and let their players wear the national clothing, whatever brand it may be.

Sounds like slave labor to me. I still vote that everyone just plays naked.

lizabeth..*
12-17-2003, 01:38 PM
Michelle...I am with you on the naked issue...although there are some people who should be forced to wear clothes....and that rule cannot be tampered with. I remember there was this debate last year with DC and the team tracksuits and stuff.......

esther
12-18-2003, 05:53 AM
loool @ some people shoudl be FORCED to wear clothes

irishface
01-05-2004, 06:43 PM
I remember the same problem from 2000 - Guga used to have terrible probs with diadora not letting him wear anything else. I guess it depends what's in your sponsorship contract.

always read the small print :o)

Liz - fear not! Reebok let Rafter wear Nike in Sydney. See - my Pat knowledge occasionally has it's uses. :lol:

Please - no nakedness! They might hit the wrong balls. :eek: OUCH!

Marine
01-05-2004, 08:25 PM
"Only the balls should bounce"...or something like that...euuhh..:ignore:

esther
01-06-2004, 12:05 AM
"Only the balls should bounce"...or something like that...euuhh..:ignore:

;)