Nadal & Federer Argument Forum or Sticky Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal & Federer Argument Forum or Sticky Thread

Action Jackson
03-21-2006, 03:58 AM
Well if it's not possible to have a Nadal/Federer Argument Forum, then it is possible to have it as a sticky thread in GM?

Even when they are not directly involved in a GM thread, there is a good chance that that particular thread will end up in a Nadal/Federer debate.

Sure they are the best 2 players at the moment, but GM doesn't stand for Nadal/Federer.

This thread or forum will be the perfect place, to let off steam for both sets of fans and trolls.

Deboogle!.
03-21-2006, 04:08 AM
:haha:

03-21-2006, 04:17 AM
:haha: :haha: I love one, but generally bet on the other. Federer/Nadal is not a problem for me :dance:

AgassiDomination
03-21-2006, 05:02 AM
:lol:

*Ljubica*
03-21-2006, 05:34 AM
Good idea :yeah: I support it :)

its.like.that
03-21-2006, 05:51 AM
Federer is the best!!!

:rocker2:

its.like.that
03-21-2006, 05:52 AM
or maybe Nadal is... :scratch:

its.like.that
03-21-2006, 05:52 AM
I can't decide.

:sad:

Fedex
03-21-2006, 06:19 AM
Sure they are the best 2 players at the moment, but GM doesn't stand for Nadal/Federer.

This thread or forum will be the perfect place, to let off steam for both sets of fans and trolls.
At one point, way back in ancient history, the debates in GM used to be about Federer vs Roddick. Well, atleast Federer/Nadal is something worth debating, but I will concur and say that there are too many threads on this topic in GM.

Action Jackson
03-21-2006, 06:24 AM
At one point, way back in ancient history, the debates in GM used to be about Federer vs Roddick. Well, atleast Federer/Nadal is something worth debating, but I will concur and say that there are too many threads on this topic in GM.

Yes, but there wasn't any doubt about the Federer vs Roddick was there? At times Federer/Nadal can be worth it, but it's as rare as a Gaudio win on grass. So it should be a sticky thread on GM or a seperate section, just to let them go.

adee-gee
03-21-2006, 08:01 AM
:haha: :worship:

Can I be the forum leader and turf out all the Fedtards? :angel:

Action Jackson
03-21-2006, 08:03 AM
:haha: :worship:

Can I be the forum leader and turf out all the Fedtards? :angel:

You'd be more biased than there are bandwagon jumpers on MTF.

NATAS81
03-21-2006, 01:32 PM
You could also sticky this thread in their respective player forums. Either way, something has to be done about 80% of the posts in GM relating to these two.

shotgun
03-21-2006, 01:58 PM
I support the idea. Either this or preventing the involved parts from accessing GM. :D

Lee
03-21-2006, 03:43 PM
We should have a forum for fans to http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/smiley_abxe.gif

And within the forum, there are sub-forums for Nadal/Federer, Roddick/Federer, etc.

adee-gee
03-21-2006, 04:38 PM
We should have a forum for fans to http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/smiley_abxe.gif

And within the forum, there are sub-forums for Nadal/Federer, Roddick/Federer, etc.
Oh man that is my idea of heaven :drool:

revolution
03-21-2006, 04:46 PM
And don't forget Koellerer vs everyone.

;)

Sjengster
03-21-2006, 07:02 PM
Create a forum for Nadal/Federer disputes, and then lock it - preferably with every argumentative poster still inside, so they can't access any other thread. ;)

sigmagirl91
03-21-2006, 10:50 PM
Put that thread right here, bud...that way, they can complain to the mods and gripe about Fed and Nadal.

Action Jackson
03-22-2006, 04:48 AM
Create a forum for Nadal/Federer disputes, and then lock it - preferably with every argumentative poster still inside, so they can't access any other thread. ;)

That would be blissful.

But there are some good suggestions as well and this idea needs to pushed further.

adee-gee
03-22-2006, 11:52 AM
That would be blissful.

But there are some good suggestions as well and this idea needs to pushed further.
Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, are you implying that you don't want me around MTF :crying2:

Jogy
03-22-2006, 01:44 PM
It would not be needed when more Federer fans would have brain to respect that Nadal simply owns their tennis God and not look for excuses all time :lol: ;)

robinhood
03-23-2006, 03:05 AM
:haha: :haha:

By the way, it should be called Federer/Nadal, not the other way.

Action Jackson
03-23-2006, 05:57 AM
Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, are you implying that you don't want me around MTF :crying2:

Just remember the Massu videos for a month endlessly as a suitable punishment.

No, it will just makes things a lot easier, just to centralise it all in the one place.

Jogy, that will never happen.

Action Jackson
03-23-2006, 06:27 AM
These 2 are perfect examples that should be in the Nadal/Fed Argument Thread.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=72984

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=73037

adee-gee
03-23-2006, 10:13 AM
These 2 are perfect examples that should be in the Nadal/Fed Argument Thread.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=72984

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=73037
Or better still, how about we just delete those sorts of threads when they come around :)

Action Jackson
03-23-2006, 10:22 AM
Or better still, how about we just delete those sorts of threads when they come around :)

Well that wouldn't be necessary, if it was thrown in the Nadal/Fed section, then would it.

Let the sharks feed at the sight of blood. :p

tangerine_dream
03-29-2006, 03:42 PM
May as well add a separate Federer/Haas forum to go with it.

Nathaliia
03-29-2006, 05:24 PM
Federer / Nalbandian (with some Calleri and Safin background)

shotgun
03-30-2006, 12:03 AM
Hey guys, notice that the DC tie between Croatia and Argentina has already begun in GM.

Croatards vs. Argentards. :bolt:

nkhera1
03-30-2006, 06:51 AM
We should also have a Federer sub-forum in GM. I know he has his own forum but apparently that is too far away for many Federer fans.

tangerine_dream
03-30-2006, 03:49 PM
We should also have a Federer sub-forum in GM. I know he has his own forum but apparently that is too far away for many Federer fans.
Maybe it's not far enough.

Can we put the new Federer/Nadal/Haas forum on Planet Vulcan or something?

nkhera1
04-02-2006, 01:40 AM
We also need some mods to clean up the mess in gm.

bad gambler
04-02-2006, 05:27 AM

Action Jackson
04-02-2006, 05:30 AM

Very good suggestion.

bad gambler
04-02-2006, 05:41 AM

You call such quality topics that are on the first page and the "discussion" that sits within them a "mess"? :sad:

- "Can he do it"
- "Will Ljubicic ever get the respect he deserves on MTF"
- "What score will Fed beat Ljubicic" (a poll created before the second semi final, no less)
- "Is it me or almost all tournaments who were won by Federer..."
- "Nalbandian - Most overrated player on tour?"
- "Ljubicic the number 2 in the world? OH PLEASE" - see topics 1 & 2 above
on second thoughts, i agree.....

Action Jackson
04-06-2006, 04:30 AM
You call such quality topics that are on the first page and the "discussion" that sits within them a "mess"? :sad:

- "Can he do it"
- "Will Ljubicic ever get the respect he deserves on MTF"
- "What score will Fed beat Ljubicic" (a poll created before the second semi final, no less)
- "Is it me or almost all tournaments who were won by Federer..."
- "Nalbandian - Most overrated player on tour?"
- "Ljubicic the number 2 in the world? OH PLEASE" - see topics 1 & 2 above
on second thoughts, i agree.....

It just gets better and better doesn't it.

Nathaliia
04-06-2006, 07:31 AM
Federer - Sampras.

They can't meet on court, but they meet frequently on MTF.

Lee
04-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Federer - Sampras.

They can't meet on court, but they meet frequently on MTF.

We desperately need a Federer's Delusional Fanatics forum. All those stupid threads are started by some crazy Federer fans.

bluesky_rachel
04-06-2006, 06:53 PM

revolution
04-07-2006, 12:43 AM
Can we have an Everyone vs Everyone argument forum? :)

Action Jackson
04-11-2006, 05:18 AM
I mean could we merge the 90+ threads on equal prizemoney into 1 or 2 threads.

Deboogle!.
04-26-2006, 04:25 PM
I think this Federer/Nadal forum is a good idea. Make it a subset of GM or something,because this is getting ridiculous. New thread for every person's point of view or every new article, the same stuff over and over and over. If they had their own forum or dedicated thread in which to argue, the rest of us could actually get back to talking about tennis.

Action Jackson
04-26-2006, 04:27 PM
I think this Federer/Nadal forum is a good idea. Make it a subset of GM or something,because this is getting ridiculous. New thread for every person's point of view or every new article, the same stuff over and over and over. If they had their own forum or dedicated thread in which to argue, the rest of us could actually get back to talking about tennis.

You know it makes sense and it needs to happen very quickly.

I mean Nadal farted and it smelt like bacon will be the next topic.

Deboogle!.
04-26-2006, 05:10 PM
I agree.

But, we aleady have a thread about farts ;) http://menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=9625

04-26-2006, 06:50 PM
I don't understand what are the problems? Federer is Ranked #1 and Nadal is Ranked #2 now. And yes Nadal can beat Federer, but that doesn't change the Ranking. And equal prize money, if the play isn't equal why should the money be equal? I don't see what the big deal is on either of those topics.

Deboogle!.
04-26-2006, 07:00 PM
The big deal is that those two topics are taking over GM, people are creating new threads for every new article published about the topics that say the exact same thing and it's taking over the board. So let's merge the equal money topics all into one thread and give the Fedtards and Rafatards a place to argue about who's better. Because it's getting really annoying and obnoxious in GM.

You think vcash and vbetting is a big deal and post about it all the time, we think that the inability to have a sensible tennis discussion in a tennis forum is a big deal. :)

04-26-2006, 07:46 PM
The big deal is that those two topics are taking over GM, people are creating new threads for every new article published about the topics that say the exact same thing and it's taking over the board. So let's merge the equal money topics all into one thread and give the Fedtards and Rafatards a place to argue about who's better. Because it's getting really annoying and obnoxious in GM.

You think vcash and vbetting is a big deal and post about it all the time, we think that the inability to have a sensible tennis discussion in a tennis forum is a big deal. :)
What I meant by a "big deal" is I don't know why so many people are posting on those topics? The post I did showed that IMO I don't think there is anything to debate on the two topics mentioned. And even if a place is established for those topics what will keep all the posters posting in that place? GM would have to be watched constantly and every time someone tried to add a thread on those topics it would have to be closed/deleted whatever :shrug:

Deboogle!.
04-26-2006, 08:31 PM
well i have no clue why people are content to discuss the topics ad nauseum, but I don't thikn the rest of us should have to put up with it if they just don't read what threads currently exist or have the sense to combine topics. it doesn't take "constant watching" to maintain some sort of order there, and in fact there were some fed/nadal threads that were combined today so that was good to see, and obviously it can be done. there are 2 admins and 2 supermoderators, I think that's plenty to watch over MTF to combine unnecessary threads that are all about the same topic. I think it's an important thing at mtf right now b/c GM is reaching intolerable propotions. So GWH started this thread to discuss those issues and that's what we're doing.

The goal of MTF is to have tennis discussion, and that's getting difficult to do there at the moment.

04-27-2006, 12:29 AM
Well you can be sure I'm not going to be talking about either of those topics anywhere. However, I must say I don't agree that 2 Admins and 2 Super Moderators are enough for this Forum. And I'm not saying that the 2 Admins. and 2 Super Moderators aren't doing a very good job because they doing an excellent job. However, I just looked at the membership count before I started to post this and we now have 19,999 members. I know that isn't anywhere near what the WTA has and I'm not suggesting that we need anywhere near the number of people that is needed to manage the WTA, but I do feel the MTF staff could grow a little since the membership is growing. You could probably keep a moderator busy just dealing with GM. :lol: Talk about a position I wouldn't want to have GM could drive someone :crazy:

am&a
04-27-2006, 04:05 AM

You think vcash and vbetting is a big deal and post about it all the time, we think that the inability to have a sensible tennis discussion in a tennis forum is a big deal. :)i love debra ˇ|:!.

Deboogle!.
04-27-2006, 04:06 AM
i love debra ˇ|:!.i love am&a even more than I love tinfoil.

am&a
04-27-2006, 04:09 AM
i love am&a even more than I love tinfoil.:eek:

Deboogle!.
04-27-2006, 04:13 AM
:eek:*faints*

Action Jackson
04-29-2006, 10:14 AM
The goal of MTF is to have tennis discussion, and that's getting difficult to do there at the moment.

Thanks for getting it.

04-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Thanks for getting it.
But the posters that are posting on those subjects think they are discussing tennis. You may not like their discussions and you may wish that they would do them elsewhere. And I think both those topics are "no-brainers"
that don't need to be discussed anywhere. However, not
every poster on the MTF agrees with you, Deb, and I. So we will have to leave it up to the Admin. people on how this is handled ;) I'm sure they will do a good job on working this out :)

Deboogle!.
04-29-2006, 06:16 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think both topics are important and are anything but "no-brainers" - I just think it'd be nice to have them confined to one thread for each so that it doesn't pollute the rest of the board.

Action Jackson
05-01-2006, 06:12 AM
There are fan forums for a reason and at the same time it is a lot easier to read if these are confined with a small section and does every singe Nadal article require a new thread on GM? They are not the only things going and as deb said it has to the point where it is polluting the board.

athina7
05-14-2006, 06:48 PM
I agree with you guys. I think a Nadal-Federer subforum or something is a great idea. Half the threads on the first page of GM are about Fed and Nadal at the moment. :)

Neely
05-14-2006, 07:57 PM
I agree with you guys. I think a Nadal-Federer subforum or something is a great idea. Half the threads on the first page of GM are about Fed and Nadal at the moment. :)
Yes, I'm again and again amazed about the variety of threads people can invent after a Federer vs Nadal match ;)

Deboogle!.
05-14-2006, 09:14 PM
What I don't understand is why people can't start some of these threads in the players' forums. I mean, if a thread is about Roger's schedule or Nadal's whatever, shouldn't they be in the respective player forums? :scratch: I don't expect you guys to monitor GM and move threads and stuff but gosh it would be nice if people could use their heads sometimes :o

Sjengster
05-14-2006, 10:15 PM
I don't expect you guys to monitor GM and move threads and stuff but gosh it would be nice if people could use their heads sometimes :o

Now there is a cry that has echoed throughout history, Deb.

Scotso
05-14-2006, 10:28 PM
I support this, but make sure that only Nadal/Federer argument threads get directed there, and not just Nadal or Federer threads in general.

Deboogle!.
05-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Now there is a cry that has echoed throughout history, Deb.Yes I know it's too much to ask of MTF but honestly it's really getting to the point where it's ridiculous.

Action Jackson
05-15-2006, 04:25 AM
Good to see there are still some people who are still willing to fight the good fight on this particular issue.

No problem I'd love to see a subsection or some threads being merged on GM. There are only so many threads on the subject that need to be done, merge them.

Deboogle!.
05-15-2006, 04:17 PM
case in point: this thread: http://menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=76989 Should this not be in Federer's forum??? I mean, I can't even fathom the backlash a Roddick fan would get if they started a thread like that on GM...

Merton
05-17-2006, 12:15 AM
I also support this, it is getting ridiculous, i thought the noise about Federer-Nadal would subsidize this week but that does not seem to be the case, an Argument Forum would help. As for some posters using their brains more, in starting a new thread, well, :tape:

athina7
05-17-2006, 03:03 AM
It is getting to be ridiculous, I agree. And, yeah, shouldn't articles about Federer or Nadal be posted in their respective forums instead of GM? That's what the player's forums are for.

Deboogle!.
05-17-2006, 05:08 PM
It is getting to be ridiculous, I agree. And, yeah, shouldn't articles about Federer or Nadal be posted in their respective forums instead of GM? That's what the player's forums are for.Or just when fans of a particular player want to discuss that player.... like this thread http://menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=77085 shouldn't that be in ljubicic's forum?

athina7
05-18-2006, 04:04 AM
Or just when fans of a particular player want to discuss that player.... like this thread http://menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=77085 shouldn't that be in ljubicic's forum?
Exactly. Threads like this clearly should not be in GM.

Lee
05-26-2006, 06:10 PM
I am on my knees begging the almighty admins here. To keep my sanity when I venture into GM, pretty please have this forum so we can have all those "Roger and Rafa, who's have a more difficult draw", "Rafa and Roger, who's the real #1 one" blah blah blah blah there.

Deboogle!.
05-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Yeah, RG hasn't even started yet :sobbing:

bad gambler
05-26-2006, 06:14 PM
Even the thread for the live draw became a Nadal v Federer argument :retard: :retard:

Lee
05-26-2006, 06:20 PM
Yeah, RG hasn't even started yet :sobbing:

And those threads won't end at least a week after. Then in no time start all over again for Wimbledon, even Nadal won't be such a force there. :sobbing:

Deboogle!.
05-26-2006, 07:02 PM
Even the thread for the live draw became a Nadal v Federer argument :retard: :retard:OMG :o

Deboogle!.
05-27-2006, 12:01 AM
There are 7 of these threads that are on the front page of GM alone - that's more than a lot of the playe forums have active in the past few days.

Please, something :sobbing:

jazz_girl
05-27-2006, 02:24 AM
I merged some of them. Let me know if I forgot some ;)

Deboogle!.
05-27-2006, 03:19 AM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Action Jackson
05-27-2006, 04:54 AM
Thanks for that jazz.

I think for the people who find it irritating and there are enough of them. Then post the urls in this thread and make it easier.

Deboogle!.
05-28-2006, 02:34 AM
good idea GWH

Here's one that could be added :p
http://menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=77575

athina7
05-28-2006, 03:00 AM
Thanks jazz girl! :)

jazz_girl
05-28-2006, 11:31 AM
done

Nathaliia
05-29-2006, 08:23 AM
What about merging all threads about

1. homosexuality, homophobia and explaining oversensitivity or lack of it to each other on this topic (gathered from different threads from all over the forum, to one thread, preferably in the separate forum)

2. religion stuff including the answer to the question is Islam the religion of love or hate (from GM and NT)

Deboogle!.
05-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Could the "ESPN sucks for whatever reason" Threads also all be merged? So far there are 3:o

http://menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=77704
http://menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=77705
into this one
http://menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=77574

jazz_girl
06-01-2006, 02:14 PM
I merged the first with the third one, but I couldn't access the second one. Can you give me the link again?

Neely
06-02-2006, 11:33 AM
I merged the first with the third one, but I couldn't access the second one. Can you give me the link again?
Don't worry! You can't find this link anymore because it was me who merged this one topic earlier already into another one. After doing this, I was interrupted by somebody and therefore forgot to do manage the other two remaining ones and to leave a message here when I came back to the computer ;)

jazz_girl
06-02-2006, 12:10 PM
:lol: Ok, thanks :)

Action Jackson
06-04-2006, 11:24 AM
How about all these live score threads in GM.

Very irritating, that is what tournament Threads are for.

Action Jackson
06-09-2006, 09:43 PM
The upsurge in nonsense threads on GM is almost reaching plague like proportions. How many threads do we need on the same subject.

Action Jackson
06-10-2006, 12:31 AM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=78601

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=78596

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=78600

Neely
06-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Some serious cleaning up was performed today.

savesthedizzle
06-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Some serious cleaning up was performed today.

A lot of banning too. :sad:

Deboogle!.
06-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Some serious cleaning up was performed today.Danke!!!!!! :hug:

Action Jackson
06-29-2006, 01:29 PM
I thought tournament threads have a reason for exisiting?

Seems Live Scores in GM is on the rise again. Example Berdych vs Santoro match yesterday. Frederick with the Ancic Live Scores in GM.

Nadal losing at the moment.

Smasher
07-04-2006, 09:18 AM
Well if it's not possible to have a Nadal/Federer Argument Forum, then it is possible to have it as a sticky thread in GM?

Even when they are not directly involved in a GM thread, there is a good chance that that particular thread will end up in a Nadal/Federer debate.

After following General Messages for a while now, this idea gets my full support :p

Scotso
07-06-2006, 04:26 PM
There REALLY needs to be a Federer/Nadal argument forum.

Action Jackson
07-06-2006, 04:32 PM
For the sake of convenience a Fed/Nadal argument forum works, as it concentrates them all in the one place.

Deboogle!.
07-06-2006, 06:17 PM
i gave up and just left GM. no patience anymore. it'd be nice if something like a forum could be done, though.

Action Jackson
07-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Is there a reason for Tourmament Threads these days?

It seems to be an upsurge of talking about the matches that are going on in GM instead of the tournament threads.

tangerine_dream
07-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Thanks for closing the latest live score thread in GM, Prabu :wavey:

bad gambler
07-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Is there a reason for Tourmament Threads these days?

It seems to be an upsurge of talking about the matches that are going on in GM instead of the tournament threads.

Just addressed it

Thanks for closing the latest live score thread in GM, Prabu :wavey:

no probs :cool:

bad gambler
07-07-2006, 10:59 PM
For the sake of convenience a Fed/Nadal argument forum works, as it concentrates them all in the one place.

Not really sure what can be done with this situation

I mean I could create a thread in GM about rising oil prices and I can guarantee it will ultimately become a Nadal v Federer argument.

adee-gee
07-07-2006, 11:18 PM
I mean I could create a thread in GM about rising oil prices and I can guarantee it will ultimately become a Nadal v Federer argument.
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Action Jackson
07-08-2006, 02:09 PM

You could that, but seriously does every single thing like for example Nadal only had 10 breaths per minute and Federer loses serve doesn't need a new thread.

Concentrate it all within one section, make it a lot easier. Merge thread is your friend.

Oil prices or cesarean birth will go into a Fed/Nadal argument, how even as a cesarean that Nadal was doped up etc etc.

Lee
07-09-2006, 11:17 PM
Not really sure what can be done with this situation

:rolls: :rolls:

DrJules
07-12-2006, 08:11 PM
And those threads won't end at least a week after. Then in no time start all over again for Wimbledon, even Nadal won't be such a force there. :sobbing:

Grand slams are like MTF threads they always end in Federer vs. Nadal. :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a serious note the domination of MTF of Federer vs. Nadal mirrors their actual domination of tennis; we are talking extreme domination of tennis by 2 players. Therefore, you would expect a tennis forum to reflect that situation.

Deboogle!.
07-13-2006, 01:01 AM
Grand slams are like MTF threads they always end in Federer vs. Nadal. :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a serious note the domination of MTF of Federer vs. Nadal mirrors their actual domination of tennis; we are talking extreme domination of tennis by 2 players. Therefore, you would expect a tennis forum to reflect that situation.That doesn't mean that the petty immaturity of some of their fans has to take over almost every thread, even discussions that were not intended to be about them. To further your analogy of the fact that their domination of tennis has extended to GM, that's like saying either Fed or Rafa will still win tournaments they're not even entered in. :p

bad gambler
07-13-2006, 01:09 AM
We're working to a solution ;)

Deboogle!.
07-13-2006, 02:52 AM
I know :hug: You're trying hard and we appreciate it :) :hug:

Deboogle!.
08-06-2006, 07:44 PM
See like a thread like this
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=82832

it doesn't really need its own thread right? Shouldn't it just be a part of the Toronto draw thread or something? We don't need a new thread for every single little thing, right?

Jelena
08-08-2006, 07:30 PM
I don't think this thread has to be in the GMs, it's enough when it's in Fedex's forum

http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

bad gambler
08-08-2006, 11:34 PM
I don't think this thread has to be in the GMs, it's enough when it's in Fedex's forum

That takes me to the front page of GM

Jelena
08-09-2006, 05:28 PM
That takes me to the front page of GM
Sorry my fault :o http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=83102

Johnny Groove
08-10-2006, 05:55 AM
I read through this thread and the Argument forum is a good idea had it been implemented in the spring. Nowadays, people have calmed down a bit to where not everything is about Fed-Nadal. (Clowns are the flavor of the month now)

Deboogle!.
08-10-2006, 07:45 PM
it hasn't been badly lately because neither player has played. It will resurrect this week if they play each other.

Johnny Groove
08-10-2006, 11:35 PM
it hasn't been badly lately because neither player has played. It will resurrect this week if they play each other.

well they wont :sad:

Deboogle!.
08-11-2006, 01:21 AM
So they will next week or at the USO or whatever, point is, it's only a matter of time ;) :hug:

tangerine_dream
08-11-2006, 04:43 PM

That, and all the Federer-is-God articles that Mirkaland keeps posting in GM.

bad gambler
08-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Sorry my fault :o http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=83102

I did see that - didn't think there was anything wrong with celebrating the b'day of the greatest player in the modern era :p

:aparty:

Action Jackson
08-12-2006, 11:33 AM
Could these 2 threads be merged please?

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=30808&highlight=Peeves

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=82727&page=5

Neely
08-12-2006, 12:18 PM
okay, good request

Deboogle!.
08-13-2006, 08:46 PM
How many different threads do we need about Federer's point total? It's impressive, no doubt, but do we need a new one to discuss each figure? Wouldn't one be more sensical and less clutter?

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=83504
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=83186

there were more too....

bad gambler
08-14-2006, 03:36 AM
How many different threads do we need about Federer's point total? It's impressive, no doubt, but do we need a new one to discuss each figure? Wouldn't one be more sensical and less clutter?

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=83504
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=83186

there were more too....

lmao - c'mon Deb tell us how you really feel that was too diplomatic :lol:

merged :p

Deboogle!.
08-14-2006, 03:50 AM
lmao - c'mon Deb tell us how you really feel that was too diplomatic :lol:

merged :phuh? :confused: I mean, I think it's something that merits discussion, I just think one thread is enough lol

anyway thank you my dear :p

tangerine_dream
08-14-2006, 11:35 PM
If it were me I would've said "cut these nonsensical bullshit threads out" and then my request would've been ignored. :p :lol:

Lee
08-15-2006, 03:46 AM
If it were me I would've said "cut these nonsensical bullshit threads out" and then my request would've been ignored. :p :lol:

:lol: you have quite a reputation ;)

btw, a mighty admin deleted the post you rep me :sobbing: That was such a great post, I won't be able to make another better than that. :bigcry:

bad gambler
08-15-2006, 04:54 AM
:lol: you have quite a reputation ;)

btw, a mighty admin deleted the post you rep me :sobbing: That was such a great post, I won't be able to make another better than that. :bigcry:

Which post Lee?

Deboogle!.
08-18-2006, 05:24 PM
there are already multiple threads on this topic http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=83923

The Murray fans are trying to compete for the most obnoxiously annoying group on MTF aren't they :o

Action Jackson
08-28-2006, 11:43 AM
This thread will be see some more action more than likely during the US Open.

Action Jackson
09-01-2006, 06:22 AM
Good to see the usual people talking about matches in progress on GM, then again what is the tournament forum for then?

Action Jackson
09-14-2006, 04:36 PM
It's that time again.

Fedtardism and Pork Dorkery is running wild and look at GM, if you don't believe me, it needs to be sorted out, let them have a thread or an area to play in away from the other threads in GM.

We don't need 90000 topics on it.

adee-gee
09-14-2006, 05:10 PM
GM is the best it's ever been. I love all these threads, and take the credit for many of them, even if I didn't create them, I feel I have been the inspiration behind many :dance:

Action Jackson
09-14-2006, 05:14 PM
GM has never been good Adam.

I can't seed you any higher as that would mean kapranos would have to be demoted.

Hendu
09-14-2006, 05:28 PM
I support the request.

oz_boz
09-15-2006, 10:19 AM
I don't know if I support the request - some hopeless morons seem to think that their opinion about Fedtards or moonballs or whatever requires the attention that only a new thread in GM gets, so they will probably start threads outside the Argument Forum and claim it is of general relevance. And what is worse - even possibly interesting discussions are turned into garbage by the usual suspects, so at times like the present all GM threads can be moved into the Argument Forum.

Anyway, maybe an Argument Forum is the only possible way of getting a change. I can't come up with a better idea myself.

Deboogle!.
09-15-2006, 04:14 PM
So I see that our AA thread was moved off GM. Does that mean that all the single-player related threads will be moved? So when so and so mentions how great Roger is or when Nadal gets new shorts or whatever, they'll all be moved to the player forums too? I hope so :D

mangoes
09-15-2006, 09:07 PM
So I see that our AA thread was moved off GM. Does that mean that all the single-player related threads will be moved? So when so and so mentions how great Roger is or when Nadal gets new shorts or whatever, they'll all be moved to the player forums too? I hope so :D

No, no, no :sad: .............please stop dumping all the rediculous Federer threads from GM into the Federer forum. Just delete them..........pretty please :angel:

Deboogle!.
09-15-2006, 09:40 PM
I thought you guys were gonna get a mod. Then you can delete/close/combine at your will :p

mangoes
09-15-2006, 09:45 PM
I thought you guys were gonna get a mod. Then you can delete/close/combine at your will :p

That's still a debate..........a very long, long debate:lol: :lol: And, in the mean time, we're getting all the rediculous Fed threads from GM dumped on us :sad:

adee-gee
09-15-2006, 09:48 PM
This place really needs me as a mod :shrug:

Deboogle!.
09-15-2006, 09:52 PM
That's still a debate..........a very long, long debate:lol: :lol: And, in the mean time, we're getting all the rediculous Fed threads from GM dumped on us :sad:Well then you guys can in the meantime report them from there. but I am sooooooooo glad things are getting moved out of GM regularly.

mangoes
09-15-2006, 10:51 PM
Well then you guys can in the meantime report them from there. but I am sooooooooo glad things are getting moved out of GM regularly.

Oh, I'm glad too............but, I'd just rather that they were deleted instead of moved:lol:

Deboogle!.
09-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Oh, I'm glad too............but, I'd just rather that they were deleted instead of moved:lol:I think deleting them is bad precedent to set - unless a thread breaks the MTF rules, I don't think it should be deleted. But threads about one particular player that aren't of any kind of general interest should be moved to the players forum, and then if all you guys don't want it there, you can decide how to deal with it, but I think it'd be dangerous to just delete posts b/c they're not what most of us like to see.

bad gambler
09-15-2006, 11:11 PM
Just to make it clear, only admins can create separate forums such as player, games etc etc so there is no point in contacting any of the Mods directly

So at this stage this idea has to be canned unfortunately but I can assure you by the end of the weekend we'll have something in place in GM so that going forward it will be a forum used for the right reasons.

Unfortunately it may be perceived as a bit of a hard stance by many but as I have learnt quickly you can't please everyone.

Deboogle!.
09-15-2006, 11:12 PM
So at this stage this idea has to be canned unfortunately but I can assure you by the end of the weekend we'll have something in place in GM so that going forward it will be a forum used for the right reasons.

Unfortunately it may be perceived as a bit of a hard stance by many but as I have learnt quickly you can't please everyone.:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

mangoes
09-15-2006, 11:48 PM
I think deleting them is bad precedent to set - unless a thread breaks the MTF rules, I don't think it should be deleted. But threads about one particular player that aren't of any kind of general interest should be moved to the players forum, and then if all you guys don't want it there, you can decide how to deal with it, but I think it'd be dangerous to just delete posts b/c they're not what most of us like to see.

You do have a point, I didn't consider that angle............. Hopefully, we will have a Fed mod soon, and throwing them to us will not be a problem.........

Just to make it clear, only admins can create separate forums such as player, games etc etc so there is no point in contacting any of the Mods directly

Unfortunately it may be perceived as a bit of a hard stance by many but as I have learnt quickly you can't please everyone.

I felt bad seeing the Fed tard and Roasting threads closed on GM :lol::lol: Maybe they could be moved to another forum??

bad gambler
09-15-2006, 11:54 PM
I felt bad seeing the Fed tard and Roasting threads closed on GM :lol::lol: Maybe they could be moved to another forum??

I only returned home today - I wasn't even aware they were closed???

Deboogle!.
09-15-2006, 11:59 PM
I only returned home today - I wasn't even aware they were closed???but you're the one who closed the fedtard basher thread lmfao.

I see Duck Hunt is still open, though. If those kinds of threads are going to be closed, shouldn't they all be?

bad gambler
09-16-2006, 12:07 AM
but you're the one who closed the fedtard basher thread lmfao.

Yes I know that ;) But didn't know about the other ones.

I see Duck Hunt is still open, though. If those kinds of threads are going to be closed, shouldn't they all be?

Yep, will get to it all soon.

Deboogle!.
09-16-2006, 12:11 AM
ah ok hehehe.

Keep it going. Take no prisoners, Prabu :rocker2:

revolution
09-16-2006, 12:25 AM
Just keep the arse clown contest, and ignore any poor souls whining because they are in it. :)

mangoes
09-16-2006, 12:32 AM
Yes I know that ;) But didn't know about the other ones.

Yep, will get to it all soon.

Wow........you are cracking down:lol: :p

Corey Feldman
09-16-2006, 02:17 AM
Yep, will get to it all soon.good boy, good boy..
now give him a bone. :dog:
Does that mean that all the single-player related threads will be moved? So when so and so mentions how great Roger is or when Nadal gets new shorts or whatever, they'll all be moved to the player forums too? I hope so No mention of getting rid of any thread that praises Roddick? why FUCK off course not!
nah, we'll keep the roddick ones in GM, just for you tinkerbell :kiss:
I see Duck Hunt is still open, though. If those kinds of threads are going to be closed, shouldn't they all be?Jesus christ, give your dog time!
ah ok hehehe.

Keep it going. Take no prisoners, Prabu :rocker2:unbelievable... she says, he does.
what a mod we have here ladies and gentlemen.
screw the rest of MTF... what the princess wants deleted, gets deleted.

Deboogle!.
09-16-2006, 02:39 AM
good boy, good boy..
now give him a bone. :dog:
No mention of getting rid of any thread that praises Roddick? why FUCK off course not!
nah, we'll keep the roddick ones in GM, just for you tinkerbell :kiss:
Jesus christ, give your dog time!
unbelievable... she says, he does.
what a mod we have here ladies and gentlemen.
screw the rest of MTF... what the princess wants deleted, gets deleted.Wow dude, you need help.

savesthedizzle
09-16-2006, 03:37 AM
Just so I have this straight, any thread that talks about just one player you want moved? So like... in order to hear anything about anyone you need to go into every single player forum to find out? I do not care enough about let's say Safin to go into his forum, but if there is an interesting thread about him on GM I will read it. So you want EVERYTHING in player forums?

I guess I am missing the point of GM, if that's what you want. Just to discuss tennis as a general concept?

Scotso
09-16-2006, 03:38 AM
Just so I have this straight, any thread that talks about just one player you want moved? So like... in order to hear anything about anyone you need to go into every single player forum to find out? I do not care enough about let's say Safin to go into his forum, but if there is an interesting thread about him on GM I will read it. So you want EVERYTHING in player forums?

I guess I am missing the point of GM, if that's what you want. Just to discuss tennis as a general concept?

Ask Deb, she seems to be the one in control here.

World Beater
09-16-2006, 03:46 AM
yeah i def dont agree.

for example,

if a thread is posted about a single player but features a variety of posters from different player forums, then it should stay in gm.

if the thread is posted, and features predominantly fans of one player forum, it should be moved...the AA thread seems to me a good example of this.

Deboogle!.
09-16-2006, 03:52 AM
Just so I have this straight, any thread that talks about just one player you want moved? I don't tihnk that's what I said, but ok.:rolleyes: I think it's pretty clear when a thread belongs in a particular player's forum, and I know I'm not alone in thinking that, but people like to take shots at those who are bold enough to speak their mind, that's cool.

Scotso
09-16-2006, 03:54 AM
I don't tihnk that's what I said, but ok.:rolleyes: I think it's pretty clear when a thread belongs in a particular player's forum, and I know I'm not alone in thinking that, but people like to take shots at those who are bold enough to speak their mind, that's cool.

What YOU said. So you are in control here now?

savesthedizzle
09-16-2006, 03:56 AM
I don't tihnk that's what I said, but ok.:rolleyes: I think it's pretty clear when a thread belongs in a particular player's forum, and I know I'm not alone in thinking that, but people like to take shots at those who are bold enough to speak their mind, that's cool.

Was I taking a shot at you? I thought I was just attempting to clarify your position because you had said earlier that posts about one player should be moved to their respective forums. :scratch:

I think you're being a tad defensive. I just wanted to know what will and won't be allowed in the "new (and improved in the minds of some) GM"

Corey Feldman
09-16-2006, 03:58 AM
but people like to take shots at those who are bold enough to speak their mind, that's cool.rubbish, you thought you were hiding in here safe with the rest of the moaners... well think again doll!

at least the cobber saw the light, and gave us back the best thread in GM..
just dont try that stunt again cob and all will be well, comprende :hatoff:

bad gambler
09-16-2006, 04:01 AM
I've got Deb on my ignore list now in fear of being accused of being her puppet again :sad:

Deboogle!.
09-16-2006, 04:01 AM
Sorry Jess, but I've been attacked all evening, largely for stuff I haven't even done. So, please forgive me.

This is what I said: "But threads about one particular player that aren't of any kind of general interest should be moved to the players forum"

So to clarify, many threads about one player still are of a general interest. :) I think it's quite easy to tell when they're not. For example, Federer winning some award is of general interest. But I think just a thread for pictures of him attending some party aren't particularly. That's my opinion, I was just trying to help clean up GM. Not censor anyone, not close any threads, merely help the organization.

savesthedizzle
09-16-2006, 04:03 AM
Sorry, but I've been attacked all evening, largely for stuff I haven't even done. So, please forgive me.

This is what I said: "But threads about one particular player that aren't of any kind of general interest should be moved to the players forum"

So to clarify, many threads about one player still are of a general interest. :) I think it's quite easy to tell when they're not. For example, Federer winning some award is of general interest. But I think just a thread for pictures of him attending some party aren't particularly. That's my opinion, I was just trying to help clean up GM. Not censor anyone, not close any threads, merely help the organization.

It just seems like a lot of these decisions about what is a "worthy" thread and what is "unworthy" are being made purely on your opinions and by your urging which is what people are reacting to. I mean, if more moderators are going to be appointed, it's clearly only a matter of time until you're in charge of the boards to run as you see fit anyway.

Deboogle!.
09-16-2006, 04:06 AM
It just seems like a lot of these decisions about what is a "worthy" thread and what is "unworthy" are being made purely on your opinions and by your urging which is what people are reacting to. I mean, if more moderators are going to be appointed, it's clearly only a matter of time until you're in charge of the boards to run as you see fit anyway.Who said anything about being worthy? GM has been a mess lately, loads of people feel that way. I don't think moving a few threads here and there that really have no purpose except to talk about a very narrow thing where pretty much only fans of that particular player are gonna discuss it is really causing any problems. It's certainly no reflection of worth, so I'm not sure where you got that word from.

Anyone who knows what I do on the Andy forum knows I don't meddle in anything. Everyone knows there are threads in that forum that I absolutely HATE, but I just stay out of them and let people do their own thing. I've never edited a post in the Andy forum and have only ever deleted posts that were first reported to me, and I only close threads that are blatantly trolling or spam. so I'm not sure what kind of awful things I've done on this board to deserve all this vitriol, but whatever.

Anyway, I don't want to be a supermod, never have wanted to, never will want to. So, don't worry. I'm not sure what i've done to make people so upset at me merely for voicing my opinions and trying to help, but whatever :shrug:

savesthedizzle
09-16-2006, 04:09 AM
Anyway, I don't want to be a supermod, never have wanted to, never will want to. So, don't worry. I'm not sure what i've done to make people so upset at me merely for voicing my opinions and trying to help, but whatever :shrug:

I'm surprised you don't want to, since you are so vocal and opinionated about how the boards should be run :shrug:

Scotso
09-16-2006, 04:13 AM
I'm not sure what i've done to make people so upset at me merely for voicing my opinions and trying to help, but whatever :shrug:

Well maybe you should look at the way you "voice your opinions" and try "to help."

Especially when "voicing your opinions" means attacking posters behind their back and "trying to help" means trying to control moderators.

Deboogle!.
09-16-2006, 04:13 AM
I'm surprised you don't want to, since you are so vocal and opinionated about how the boards should be run :shrug:I'd be pretty damn stupid if I wanted to set myself up for these kind of attacks, wouldn't I?

Since when is speaking your opinion something so contemptible.

Corey Feldman
09-16-2006, 04:14 AM
I've got Deb on my ignore list now in fear of being accused of being her puppet again :lol::lol: that is the way forward champ!

debstah, shut up... ive seen you snap at Fed fans in the duck forum time and time again when they say something you dont approve of.. not even that bad, ok... you dont ban them or delete the post or anything like that, but you are still a nasty little brat to them when you wannabe because its your forum and you are in charge ooooooooo-oooo.

stop trying to influence bad gambler on what to delete in GM because you dont like it.
he is just to soft and you are a beast.

Corey Feldman
09-16-2006, 04:16 AM
I'd be pretty damn stupid if I wanted to set myself up for these kind of attacks, wouldn't I?

Since when is speaking your opinion something so contemptible.That is what i was doing in my non tennis thread... and you moaned at me for what i was saying there.

savesthedizzle
09-16-2006, 04:17 AM
That is what i was doing in my non tennis thread... and you moaned at me for what i was saying there.

Speaking your opinion only seems to be allowed if it's something she/he/it/they agree with ;)

Scotso
09-16-2006, 04:18 AM
Not to mention when she attacked me in a thread for calling Roddick a jerk. :shrug:

Deboogle!.
09-16-2006, 04:19 AM
Speaking your opinion only seems to be allowed if it's something she/he/it/they agree with ;)Well i have no control over that. I speak my opinion. If Prabu chooses to agree, I can't be held responsible for that. I've spoken my mind and haven't been afraid to. If people disagree with me, I have no problem with that. But I don't think I deserve to be insulted merely for giving my opinion, but that's all that's been happening to me all evening. So i'm just gonna get off and do some stuff that actually matters.

Enjoy all.

Corey Feldman
09-16-2006, 04:20 AM
Aww She has ran away to cry

hehehehehehehehe

Scotso
09-16-2006, 04:21 AM
But I don't think I deserve to be insulted merely for giving my opinion, but that's all that's been happening to me all evening.

Wow, and that's all you've been doing all year. Ironic, eh?

Bye! :wavey:

Corey Feldman
09-16-2006, 04:22 AM
Btw bad gambler.. i have a job you will enjoy, can you delete or close that thread i made in non tennis tonight.... i made my points, got a result and there is no need for it anymore :p

09-17-2006, 10:24 PM
:woohoo: How in the world did I miss this thread for so long! I wish I had a printer so I could make a copy of it, but I don't :sad: Things have been said here that have needed to be said for a long time. So thanks to all of you that have spoken out :D When I would try to speak out in the past all I got was attacked and made fun of. I'm not a forceful or articulate poster as some of the rest of you are so I'm an easy target here. While other posters can speak out and make themselves heard and understood here at MTF. So thanks again :)

Action Jackson
01-29-2007, 02:42 AM
Bump.

It seems it's Federer fawning season in overdrive.

Corey Feldman
02-04-2007, 04:18 PM
still?
well im back, so expect it to be fawned even more

how dare the rafa fans fight with Fed fans ..
its not even a contest anymore :devil:

El Legenda
02-04-2007, 11:27 PM
still?

hey since you been gone...Ljubicic crushed Murray outdoors :lol:

Corey Feldman
02-04-2007, 11:34 PM
oh, yeah and also got battered by a Fish in rnd 1 of a slam

even Bagdaddy, who replaced muzza in zagreb i believe, made Ljubo pay today :D

wont be long before muzza is ahead of Ivan the terrible in the rankings, ducky.

*Ljubica*
02-05-2007, 11:15 AM
still?

Big brother :hug: Welcome back - I missed you :kiss:

Corey Feldman
02-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Hello lil Sis :smooch:

Action Jackson
12-31-2009, 09:48 AM
This sub forum needs to happen.

Action Jackson
10-08-2010, 03:42 AM
Surprise surprise it has managed to get worse.

MalwareDie
10-08-2010, 03:55 AM
This forum must happen.

bokehlicious
10-08-2010, 06:57 AM
Stop bitching Georgie, you love it :angel: :D

Action Jackson
10-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Stop bitching Georgie, you love it :angel: :D

Not as much as you love the ACC

bokehlicious
10-08-2010, 07:02 AM
Not as much as you love the ACC

It doesn't change anything, I was never a favourite anyway... :p

Action Jackson
10-09-2010, 10:10 AM
This forum must happen.

Agreed.

Smasher
10-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Agreed. There's a reason why several people (including me) can't be bothered to post here that much anymore

scoobs
10-12-2010, 12:02 AM
We survived this long without it :shrug:

Action Jackson
10-13-2010, 02:33 AM
Sometimes things evolve scoobs and it is impacting on other threads in GM.

Castafiore
10-13-2010, 07:06 AM
We survived this long without it :shrug:
It's getting worse, though. Just about every thread is polluted with it. It didn't used to be this bad (and it's not because one type of tard is better than the other but I really do believe things went downhill fast when the roasting/haha/peeling/...threads were erased.

scoobs
10-13-2010, 08:28 AM
As far as I recall, it's always impacted other threads in GM and it's hard to tell if it's getting worse than it used to be - it's not for nothing that one of the MTF Laws in that thread is

"The probability that every thread will become about Federer or Nadal approaches 1 with respect to time"

That's at least four years old.

I think the idea that if we create one thread or one subforum for this stuff, that all the little angels on MTF will respect it or that the pollution of other threads will lessen in any way is unlikely to work at all.

We can look at cleaning up threads where it is totally irrelevant more than we do at present when it gets reported though.

Castafiore
10-13-2010, 08:35 AM
Oh, I agree. Some won't respect those rules anyway but in those roasting/peeling/haha thread days, you could at least have a reasonable looking match thread. You always had the haters, the gloaters but the biggest :nonsense: was for those threads and most did respect that.

Maybe it's too late to go back, though. That "one thread to bash" system worked back then and now that so many are used to just spreading it to just about every thread, they won't go back to the old system.

Take the Djokovic def. Ferrer thread. It got snowed under with the same tedious Fedtards vs Rafatards arguments. I reported it, nothing happened. :shrug:

scoobs
10-13-2010, 08:59 AM
I did take a look through that thread and while there is a bit of off-topic sniping, by the time I got to it that had died down and the thread was back on the subject of the match.

It's something I will try and keep a better eye on, though.

Castafiore
10-13-2010, 09:07 AM
:yeah:

Seeing the jungle out there, it can't be an easy task so good luck with it. ;)

Edit: yet another couple of threads taken over by the Fedtards vs Rafatards war. Have the moderators given up on GM or what?

Action Jackson
10-18-2010, 06:00 AM
The problem there is only so much scoobs can do for example. I mean Piggy Roast, Djoko and the Fed threads actually worked for the most part, until a bunch of Serbian Djokovic crybabies didn't get the point of them.

RonE with the pork obsession and soon as Fed lost, then it was concentrated within that thread and not spread out so much to the other threads. I can see why those threads were closed, but it created another problem like the one we have now.

Eden
10-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Somehow I don't think that the roasting threads would work now. Do you seriously expect with some of the people currently posting on GM they would only concentrate on that thread and not opening other threads to write their stuff there?

You can't compare the forum of 2 or 3 years ago with the situation it is now. The humour is completely gone and people only attack each other.
Back in the day "Fedtards" and "Rafatards" seemed to get along most of the time - with some exceptions but I think it's normal on such a huge forum as MTF.

Sometimes I wonder why people feel the need to respond to obviously trolling or rude posts instead of ignoring or reporting them. Make sure that someone who is known for only starting problematic threads won't have the opportunity to do so. I remember back a few years ago that users (Just Cause?) weren't allowed at a certain point to start threads because it was expected where they would go to.

Ivanatis
10-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Closing the roasting threads was the stupidest thing that could be done. Whoever was in charge of this should immediately resign as a mod if still there. Had they been open, members could have been instructed to keep it moderate everywhere else. And the best thing: By not clicking them, your soft-hearted soul could easily avoid the whole bashing. Now it all turned into a huge mess. And as Doris said, there's no way you can re-open them now and, all of a sudden, tell the army of trolls to go there. Not gonna work.

Action Jackson
10-19-2010, 02:06 AM
Doris is right, they wouldn't work now at all.

oranges
11-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Yes, please. Anything that would keep tard wars somewhat contained.

Action Jackson
11-29-2010, 08:37 PM
This is getting worse.

Cloudygirl
11-29-2010, 09:04 PM
I think we should ban all threads in GM other than match threads that have Nadal, Federer or GOAT in the title and also 2003 shouldn't be able to create more than 5 threads a month :)

Paylu2007
11-30-2010, 12:09 AM
I think we all should worship Roger :)

Pirata.
11-30-2010, 12:34 AM
Please yes

Arkulari
11-30-2010, 02:22 AM
Yep, there should be a separate subforum for this :yeah:

Action Jackson
12-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Yep, there should be a separate subforum for this :yeah:

Needs to happen.

Getta
12-14-2010, 08:45 PM
who will be telling us what needs to happen for the ash to clear?

Pirata.
12-15-2010, 04:37 AM
Admins should just close GM or at least set up some kind of moderated posting there. Off-season :o

Start da Game
12-15-2010, 03:29 PM
why do we need another nadal-fed argument forum when we already have countless such threads operating?

Chiseller
12-15-2010, 03:59 PM
To challenge your intellect

Singularity
12-15-2010, 04:03 PM
why do we need another nadal-fed argument forum when we already have countless such threads operating?
Those threads would be moved to the new forum.

Action Jackson
12-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Those threads would be moved to the new forum.

Too thoughtful for some to fathom.

Castafiore
04-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Bump.

Yet another match thread (Miami, Djokovic def. Nadal) is now totally hijacked by a Nadal/Federer argument.

It would really be nice if something was done about it, like opening a subforum to dump this nonsense in.

Start da Game
04-04-2011, 07:13 PM
any naderina tard war thread is 1000 times better than that retarded chat thread in the nadal fan forum......

at least naderina tardwar participants are open and fight like men openly where everyone from all over the world usually visit the site and take notice of what's going in the forum......no poster there is worried about internet pride.......

this idea of a sub forum is a foolish one because it will only make matters worse and spread the hate even more.......you can never stop enthusiasts from running their mouth......

a sub forum will only generate more interest to fight and the hate vented out in the sub forum is easily carried over to other parts of the forum.......

general messages is the place to discuss the stuff no matter who log in or what they post over there.......weeping and whining over other posters will not make the place better.......

who's stopping anyone from discussing the game?

Pirata.
04-05-2011, 12:31 AM
Is Nadarina your new nickname for Rafa? You shouldn't be so hard on him, make two finals in a row on his worst surface after an injury. Why so cruel, SdG? :awww:

Action Jackson
04-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Good project this is.

Start da Game
04-05-2011, 06:43 AM
Is Nadarina your new nickname for Rafa? You shouldn't be so hard on him, make two finals in a row on his worst surface after an injury. Why so cruel, SdG? :awww:

nadal + federina = naderina.......fedal is a retarded word, needed to be replaced.......

Castafiore
04-05-2011, 07:07 AM
^ and nadarina doesn't sound stupid to you?

on topic, the non-answer from moderators says it all really.

Start da Game
04-05-2011, 07:30 AM
^ and nadarina doesn't sound stupid to you?

on topic, the non-answer from moderators says it all really.

no, people know who erina is.......

Sapeod
04-05-2011, 05:30 PM
no, people know who erina is.......
Right.
How does Nadarina work exactly?

The "Nada" part is obviously Nadal, but who does "rina" belong to?
You say Federer?
His name doesn't contain "rina" though :confused:
This is confusing me, Nadal and Federer = Nadarina?
Shouldn't it be Nadarer, then

Perhaps you don't like Fedal because most of the word consists of Federer's name? :haha:

Pirata.
04-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Perhaps you don't like Fedal because most of the word consists of Federer's name? :haha:

It can be even too

FeD[erer][Na]Dal = FeDal

SdG sounds so pressed :haha:

GlennMirnyi
04-07-2011, 12:38 AM
The word Fedal is retarded, indeed.

Any portmanteau with the names of players is stupid.

Li Ching Yuen
04-07-2011, 06:56 PM
If someone somehow shot this forum right from it's foundations leaving only a couple of Voo stats threads and maybe Gooch's and El Rey's own homage threads I would assure you absolutely nothing would be lost.

More fun would be to have an insta-ban for everyone that mentions either of the two big names in his posts more than once per day. Just imagine the cleansing, the fresh smell of roses that would come out everytime you visit this forum.

Something to think about.

Action Jackson
06-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Yes, it needs to happen. Hell I'd even moderate it.

Carlita
06-09-2011, 10:50 AM
It's not going to happen (anytime soon) because it will be a never ending thing. What's next? Nadal vs Djokovic, Djokovic vs Murray, Murray vs Federer, Federer vs Djokovic...etc etc....
Free range to bash and have continueous arguements? Joy...

It is pointlesst to bump this thread every few weeks or so...and that's why this is where the thread ends...for now....