WORLD IDOL [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WORLD IDOL

trixy
12-15-2003, 01:39 AM
OK i know its like 2 weeks away but im soo excited and am like the biggest idol fan ever (i know i know i'm so sad!!) so i just had 2 start our very own idol thread.

I think that either Guy will win (ok im hoping guy will win :) ) or the British Idol Will Young.

Wojtek
12-15-2003, 06:29 AM
Alicja Janosz (Polish Idol) :o

esther
12-15-2003, 09:03 AM
We get it televised on Boxing day right...but how long does it go for?! or is it just that day?

GO GUY!!!!!!!!!!!

trixy
12-15-2003, 09:58 AM
From what i've heard i think it just airs on boxing day as one show and then the voting lines are open till the new year when the results are annouced and apparently u cant vote 4 ppl from your own country :eek:

esther
12-15-2003, 10:11 AM
yeah i know u cant vote for ppl in ur own country but then what if like NO ONE votes loool

sam
12-15-2003, 12:37 PM
Good luck to:
Will and Heinz

Lindsayfan
12-15-2003, 12:41 PM
well i voted for Will cos he's the only one to be famous outside his own country.and also cos his cd is great! ;)

Marine
12-15-2003, 05:21 PM
You forgot Star Academy, the french version of pop idol !

Michal and Elodie in final...go Michal !!

trixy
12-15-2003, 10:37 PM
Are the french going to compete at world idol??? I didnt see them on the entry list but it would be such a me thing not 2 see them, opps, sorry :)

trixy
12-15-2003, 10:43 PM
http://users.tpg.com.au/libertyx/idol/images/willworld.jpg

Will Young Winner of Pop Idol
Birthplace: Hungerford, Berks, England, UK
Previous Occupation: Student
Idol Single: Anything Is Possible
Debut Album: From Now On
Idol Winner Since: February 2002

"Success for me was becoming a professional singer. And as that develops, it is singing my own material. In the studio they think I'm absolutely mad, I'm always saying 'this is wonderful, I can't believe this is my day job!'" - Will Young

http://users.tpg.com.au/libertyx/idol/images/heinzworld.jpg

Heinz Winckler Winner of Idols
Birthplace: Stellenbosch, South Africa
Previous Occupation: Law Student
Idol Single: Once In A Lifetime
Debut Album: One Step Closer
Idol Winner Since: June 2002

"The whole experience has been great and I am taking it one step at a time with clear planning whilst supported by an excellent team of people. It was a huge step to take when I decided to put my law studies aside but I believe that I have made the right decision to follow this passion for music." - Heinz Winckler

trixy
12-15-2003, 10:46 PM
http://users.tpg.com.au/libertyx/idol/images/alicjaworld.jpg

Alicja "Alex" Janosz Winner of Idol
Birthplace: Pszczyna, Poland
Idol Single: Moze sie wydawac
Debut Album: Ala Janosz
Idol Winner Since: June 2002

"And now - the World Idol! I'm happy I'll meet people who won the show in other countries. It will be a totally new experience for me and for sure a great chance to present myself to the so-called 'wide world'." - Alex

http://users.tpg.com.au/libertyx/idol/images/kellyworld.jpg

Kelly Clarkson Winner of American Idol
Birthplace: Burleson, Texas
Previous Occupation: Cocktail waitress
Idol Single: A Moment Like This
Debut Album: Thankful
Idol Winner Since: September 2002

"I'm not materialistic, but I am ambitious. I'd love to break globally and can't wait to go to England. There is so much ahead of me and so much I want to accomplish. It all seems to be happening so quickly that I have to force myself to stop and realize how truly 'Thankful' I am. " - Kelly Clarkson

http://users.tpg.com.au/libertyx/idol/images/jamaiworld.jpg

Jamai Loman Winner of Idols
Birthplace: Schoonhoven, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Idol Single: Step Right Up
Debut Album: Jamai
Idol Winner Since: March 2003

"I have fond memories of 'She's The One' because Jim and I wrote it in the Idols' dressing room. We were both in our shorts, sitting behind the piano." - Jamai Loman

trixy
12-15-2003, 10:50 PM
http://users.tpg.com.au/libertyx/idol/images/alexanderworld.jpg

Alexander Klaws Winner of Deutschland Sucht den Superstar
Birthplace:
Previous Ocupation:
Idol Single: Take Me Tonight
Debut Album: Take Your Chance
Idol Winner Since: March 2003

"I don't really feel like a superstar. I am realistic and always try to keep my feet on the ground. One can only become a superstar one day through hard work and I still have a long, long road ahead of me." - Alexander Klaws

http://users.tpg.com.au/libertyx/idol/images/kurtworld.jpg

Kurt Nielsen Winner of Idol
Birthplace: Bergen, Norway
Previous Occupation: Plumber
Idol Single: She's So High
Debut Album: I
Idol Winner Since: May 2003

Kurt's debut album, I, was released in September, and – as the single before it – went straight in at # 1. The album consists of nine original songs and three cover versions, among them, She’s So High, and Duran Duran’s beautiful Ordinary World. The album went platinum on the day of release.

http://users.tpg.com.au/libertyx/idol/images/dianaworld.jpg

Diana Karazon Winner of Super Star
Birthplace: Kuwait; currently resides in Jordan
Previous Occupation: Aviation Student
Idol Single: Ala Babee Wa'if Amaren ("Two Moons Standing At My Door")
Debut Album: Diana Karazon
Idol Winner Since: August 2003

"I feel success in every moment especially when I stare at my mother's face." - Diana Karazon

trixy
12-15-2003, 10:54 PM
http://users.tpg.com.au/libertyx/idol/images/peterworld.jpg

Peter Evrard Winner of Idool
Birthplace: Vosselaar, Belgium
Previous Occupation: Builder
Idol Single: For You
Debut Album: Rhubarb
Idol Winner Since: May 2003

"During Idool, it all turned into one big joke. At the beginning, I was told I wasn't suitable, but as the show went on I found a place for myself, and that was fun, too." - Peter Evrard

http://users.tpg.com.au/libertyx/idol/images/ryanworld.jpg

Ryan Malcolm Winner of Canadian Idol
Birthplace: Kingston, Canada
Previous Occupation: Restaurant Worker
Idol Single: Something More
Debut Album: Home
Idol Winner Since: September 2003

“I remember in high school I missed every school dance because I was singing at my parent’s restaurant.” - Ryan Malcolm

http://users.tpg.com.au/libertyx/idol/images/guyworld.jpg

Guy Sebastian Winner of Australian Idol
Birthplace: Malaysia, currently resides in Adelaide
Previous Occupation: Recording Engineer/Vocal Coach
Idol Single: Angels Brought Me Here
Debut Album: Just As I Am
Idol Winner Since: November 2003

"I make up tunes in the shower, sitting in the car and always carry around a Dictaphone (it's built into his mobile phone) so if a tune comes into my head I can record it into the voicemail on my phone - that way I don't forget it." - Guy Sebastian

esther
12-16-2003, 01:49 AM
that polish chick is scary lool
guy was born in malaysia?! i did not know that...most of them had won ages before guy hmmm

do they have to sing in english or any language they want?

Kristen
12-16-2003, 02:00 AM
I'm still at the stage where Guy is p!$$!ng me off beyond belief. I'm over hearing his song on the radio every hour! And yes...I'm one of the ones that wanted to see Shannon win. However, if Daniel hadn't maintained his contract I would've been voting like mad! PS. Daniel (Wakefield) has a new CD out guys!

esther
12-16-2003, 02:03 AM
omg shannon sucked beyong belief (no offense ;) )
but yes they really should stop playing guys song every 2 seconds

thalle
12-16-2003, 07:12 PM
Kelly Clarkson:)

HybridTheory
12-16-2003, 07:25 PM
i hope jamai but i think will young is the best out of these

ILR
12-16-2003, 09:57 PM
Go Will! :banana:

trixy
12-17-2003, 01:03 AM
OMG i hate Shannon with a passion!!!!! All my friends loved Shannon which only made it sweeter when Guy beat him and i could constantly remind them about shannon losing :p

esther
12-17-2003, 11:11 AM
SAME HERE TRIXY!!!
was very sweet when he won ...my friends were like LETS HAVE A SHANNON VOTING PARTY!!! i was like...hahah u have GOOOTT to be joking

Snoopy_Girl
12-17-2003, 03:37 PM
Hehehe *agrees on the Shannon part*
As for the best one, I would have to go with either Kelly Clarkson or Will Young....

trixy
12-17-2003, 08:52 PM
JUDGES:

Simon Cowell - American Judge
Simon's honesty on American Idol made him a household name in America.

Zack Werner - Canadian Judge
This Winnipeg native has enjoyed a varied and extensive career in the music industry.

Elias Rahbani - Pan-Arabic Judge
Elias Rahbani's contribution to Arab music is renowned throughout the Middle East.

Henkjan Smits - Dutch Judge
He claimed instant fame by pulling a stunt with Andre Rieu on the center spot of a soccer field.

Jan Fredrik Karlsen - Norwegian Judge
Jan Fredrik joined Sonet/Polygram in 1994 promoting artists such as U2, Sting, Elton John, and Kiss.

Randall Abrahams - South African Judge
General Manager of the Public Commercial Broadcasting Services of the SABC.

Ian Dickson - Australian Judge
Ian, or "Dicko" as Idol fans will know him, is the GM of Marketing with BMG Australia.

Pete Waterman - British Judge
Pete heads his own company, PWL, which has produced hits for Steps and Westlife.

Nina De Man - Belgian Judge
Nina hosts a weekly show on JIMtv, "Going Out," about parties and leading electronic labels.

Kuba Wojewodzki - Polish Judge
In 2000, Kuba appeared on the TVP2 channel hosting the quiz show "Pol zaetem, pol serio" and in 2002, started hosting his own talk show, "Kuba Wodjewodzki."

trixy
12-17-2003, 08:54 PM
I cant believe Dicko is the Australian judge. They should have picked Mark!!! I know you couldnt understand anything Mark said but i just loved him!!!

trixy
12-17-2003, 08:56 PM
Each country gets to vote using their own voting systems. The home contestant from each participating country (e.g. Will Young in the United Kingdom) will automatically start with the highest points (12) awarded from their own country. Viewers from each country will then vote on the remaining ten contestants and once the votes are tallied and the position of each contestant is determined (1st place, 2nd place etc.) points will be awarded in accordance with the Points System below.

Points System:

Home country contestant - 12 points.

1st place - 10 points.

2nd place - 9 points.

3rd place - 8 points.

4th place - 7 points.

5th place - 6 points.

6th place - 5 points.

7th place - 4 points.

8th place - 3 points.

9th place - 2 points.

10th place - 1 point.

The points each Idol gets from all of the countries will be tallied and added together by an independent vote management company to determine their overall position in the contest.

Havok
12-17-2003, 10:14 PM
all i know is that the canadian idol, ryan malcom is going down:o suckage beyond belief, very minty as well

-caelestia-
12-18-2003, 12:09 AM
all i know is that the canadian idol, ryan malcom is going down:o suckage beyond belief, very minty as well

Amen :o

Go Kelly :banana:

JeLuliA88
12-18-2003, 07:45 AM
GO GUY! I want Guy to win but i think Clarkson will thou.

JeLuliA88
12-18-2003, 07:50 AM
I'm glad that 'Dicko' is the aussie judge instead of Mark cos Mark is just an idiot. What's with "touchdown" & "hubba hubba"??? But 'Dicko' is a wannabee 'simon cowell', and that's just not right...

esther
12-19-2003, 07:40 AM
OMG i HATE MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i hate him soooo muuuchhh i'm so glad i dont have to see his pedophile face every week *hides*

esther
12-19-2003, 07:43 AM
GUY IS SECOND FAVOURITE TO WIN...My cousin's friend went to World Idol and apparently her and her friends had this sign saying GO GUY or something so they will be on TV!! She said that Guy was AMAZING too...i'm really looking forward to seeing it!

joske
12-19-2003, 12:18 PM
DEFINITELY NOT THE BELGIAN... He's SO bad ugh I hate him :( HATE HATE HATE !!!! hehe.. Now the whole world's gonna think we suck at music... *sigh*

esther
12-20-2003, 12:33 AM
lol
i was listening to Guys cd last night...its so good :worship:

trixy
12-20-2003, 02:05 AM
OMG WHATS ALL THIS ANTI-MARK SENTIMENT I HEAR!!!?????

Ok i used to hate Mark 2 before....but know hes like one of those ugly annoying kids that grows on you, I mean he doesnt mean any real harm....hes better then Dicko HE'S EVIL (NOTE IM A BIG PAULINI FAN)

trixy
12-20-2003, 02:14 AM
Guy no Idol favourite
December 17, 2003
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/12/16/1071336950451.html

America's Kelly Clarkson has been named favourite to win the World Idol contest in London over Christmas with England's Will Young the most likely runner-up.

Online gambling company Interlop has laid down the odds for all of the international contestants.

"The U.S. and the UK dominate the world's music scene, and here at Intertops.com we feel it will be reflected in the competition" says Intertops Michael Maerz.

"Kelly's the darling of the North American audience. She's come on leaps and bounds since her win last season, and it's a great time for her, though the UK's Will Young is every young girls dream - but as always, it will be up to the viewers on the day."

Australia's Guy Sebastian is rated in fourth place behind Germany's Alexander Klaws and aside from Klaws the surprise bets are the lack of odds for the Europeans.

Dutch Idol Jamai Loman is at 10/1, Belgium's Pete Evrard at 12/1, and the Nordic Idol Kurt Nilsen come sin last with 15/1.

The current odds are:

USA's Kelly Clarkson 7/4
U.K.'s Will Young 2/1
Germany's Alexander Klaws 3/1
Australia's Guy Sebastian 5/1
South Africa's Heinz Winckler 6/1
Canada's Ryan Malcolm 8/1
Holland's Jamai Loman 10/1
Belguim's Peter Evrard 12/1
Poland's Alicia Janosz 15/1
Lebanon's Diana Karazon 15/1
Norway's Kurt Nilsen 15/1

trixy
12-20-2003, 02:18 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1071337011363_2003/12/17/guysebastiankellyclarkson.jpg

trixy
12-21-2003, 02:33 AM
http://users.tpg.com.au/libertyx/idol/images/worldgroup.jpg

trixy
12-21-2003, 02:35 AM
This is what Guy said after the show.....he sounds really dissapointed. POOR GUY!!

"I thought this was going to be a beautiful thing, a celebration of music from around the world, of different cultures coming together. Instead we got a slagging match that upstaged all the idols."

esther
12-21-2003, 08:47 AM
ohh poor guy

joske
12-21-2003, 09:30 AM
Well as long as Evrard doen't win I'm happy LOL (but I have found an excuse for why Belgium's winner *who BTW was a lot worse than the runner-up :(* isn't that good: Belgium is SO small, so the number of candidates is like 5 or 1 % of the number in the US or something, right? So I feel a LITTLE bit better now hehe It would be more fair if they organized a European Idol first to decide who should compete against countries like the States and Australia, no? *UK probably still would have won it I guess hehe* :dance:

Jazzy
12-23-2003, 04:50 AM
OBVIOUSLY VOTED 4 guy!!!!!! he rox!!!
ok ok i gotta admit, i did want Shannon 2 win!!!! but i gotta support the aussie u no!!!!!!!!! :D
GO GUY, GO GUY!!!

trixy
12-24-2003, 01:05 AM
Only 2 days to go :bounce: :bounce:

From what i've heard the judges were really mean and the only singers that got off OK were Kelly and Guy.

GO GUY!!!! SHOW THE WORLD WHAT UR MADE OF!!!!

joske
12-24-2003, 07:47 PM
Look I can't stress this enough: when the Belgian guy has to sing, cover your ears or just unplug the TV if you wanna play it safe... He is so.... NOT an idol I'd say... But here in Belgium the series was played on a channel that is in itself kinda.. how to say it... extremely unsophisticated (not that there's anything wrong with unsophisticated but this is yuckkie) and whatnot.... Don't say I didn't warn you all !! ;) :p

PS don't make fun of my itty bitty country after the show :sad: :sad: :sad:

;)

esther
12-25-2003, 05:51 AM
LOOOL joske!!!
oh u crack me up...ok thanks for the warning!!!! i'll remember that when i watch it tomorrow night

maratski
12-25-2003, 09:36 AM
I watched yesterday :)

Go Jamai!!!!

That south african guy is cute!!!!!!!!!!!

Deboogle!.
12-26-2003, 02:20 AM
omg Joske I wish I'd heard your warning BEFORE I watched the show!! That was horrible!!! No offense but how did he win! LOL! Surely there must be a better singer in a country as beautiful as Belgium lol :) but the worst award from me goes to the German... his dancing was purely AWFUL and his singing not much better. He hit a few notes that just plain hurt my ears lol

I actually didn't like most of them... if I were going to vote I'd vote for the South African guy, I just really liked his vocal tone, it was nice and rich and full and he sang with good technique.... and I also liked the guy from Norway, and the Lebanese girl had a pretty voice. Kelly is still my fave of all-time. Her voice just makes me :eek: every time she opens her mouth and it's been that way since the first time I saw her sing. I did NOT like Guy at all... his voice just did not do it for me, not at all. The Dutch guy was cool, though, I liked his style... but his voice is a little weak compared to people like Kelly and Ryan (Canada, though I don't really like him he has a decent, strong voice)

but what kind of crack was the Polish judge on? And I thought Simon was dumb!

Wojtek
12-26-2003, 07:24 AM
but what kind of crack was the Polish judge on? And I thought Simon was dumb!

Polish jugde is idiot. It's really hard to understand why they pick him as jugde for World Idol. He was idiot during Polish Idol and he isn't jury in Idol 3 in Poland.

esther
12-26-2003, 09:49 AM
Kelly, Kurt, Heinz and GUY :inlove: were the best by far!!
everyone else were awful!!!!!

what the hell is with those current odds...the german dude was the worst!!!!

omg that polish judge was HILIARIOUS!!!!!!!!! I want to take him home!!

esther
12-26-2003, 09:55 AM
And joske- i didnt think Evrard was bad!!!!!!!! i thought he sang that song actually really well...he was definately better than half of the other people

lizabeth..*
12-26-2003, 09:56 AM
LMFAO...the Polish judge rocks my freaking socks!!! Biggest pissa if I ever saw one

I thought Guy sang good, but had he done that song from Sound of Music he would have killed it even more than he did tonight....the Norweigian guy was good too...and Heinz...

Kristen
12-26-2003, 10:41 AM
I'd like to thank Ryan for doing a "Guy Sebastien" on me and ruining a favourite song for me. Kudos mate! I wish I hadnt voted prior to watching the show, I didn't think I'd watch. But, as with Aus Idol i was sucked in! Most impressive to me were Kurt and Heinz (possibly relating to my dating history, but we wont go there ;)). Also Alexander, who I did vote for...but for doing something fun, and challenging himself (though a bit too much I dare say!)

Simon Cowell. Interesting fellow. Calling people odd and ugly. I'd like to use the saying "It takes one to know one" What an ass! I voted:
Heinz-2
Kurt-2 (though might vote some more!)
Alexander -1 (in the hope everyone will do it to annoy the judges!)

Also very proud of Dicko on the show... he was a pussy cat compared to Cowell. Polish guy reminded me of Mark Holden with his wanker-ish comments about nothing in particular.

Didn't really like that Alex chick. She bothered me a bit. Her voice was different, in a catatonia way!

Antwerpen
12-26-2003, 09:50 PM
Here's my opinion:
-The judges were cruel and rude ( the polish judge was crazy :crazy:- but he cracked me up anyway)
-The guy from Norway has a kickass voice ( he's not what I call attractive but his voice makes up for that)
-I'm from Belgium and I was ashamed :o Peter sucked big time (why, oh why didn't we vote for Nathalie(runner-up))
-The winner will be America, UK or Australië (not based on singing ability ofcourse, stop pretending it's a singing contest :devil: )

But that's just my modest opinion :D
Good night everyone! :zzz: too much x-mas partying for me

trixy
12-26-2003, 11:02 PM
I reckon by far the best were Guy, Kelly, Heinz, Kurt and Will (actually i just developed a bit of obsession on him :p ).

OMG I hate SIMON!!!!!!! everything he says is just so stupid. It's almost as if he just sets out 2 say something negative. Every1 says dicko was supposed to be the simn copycat of Australian Idol but dicko was at least constructive and witty. Simon was just stupid.

I couldn't understand half the stuff the polish judge was saying but god he was hilarious!! :lol: and i loved Alex, she looked like she had ADD or something tho ;)

trixy
12-26-2003, 11:19 PM
I didn't think it was possible for me 2 hate some1 more than i hate Andrew G but those british hosts :o god they were annoying!!

JeLuliA88
12-27-2003, 09:41 AM
Guy, Heinz, Will and Kelly were the only good ones, what the hell is alexanda doing on world idol, he's gotta be the worst by far... the polish judge was hilarious.

Go Guy and Will!

Kiara
12-27-2003, 01:13 PM
*Ahem* Will all the way!! ;)

maratski
12-27-2003, 07:02 PM
being patriotic there Kiara? ;)

It's ok, so am I :p

Go Jamai!!!

Shadow
12-27-2003, 07:05 PM
Go Alexander ;)

Kiara
12-28-2003, 12:25 AM
being patriotic there Kiara? ;)

ALways :p

heya
12-28-2003, 03:55 AM
My wild guess is 1 of these guys: Heinz Winckler Kurt Nilsen Peter Evrard
Then again, Will and Kelly
are more in the public eye, so the final decision may not be shocking.

Jazzy
12-28-2003, 04:50 AM
Go tHe fRo, GuY AlL ThE wAy
- agree wit u trixy, icouldn't understand half of da stuff that polish judge said, but he waz funny :lol:
- hated alexander & alex, y r they there?
- that kurt guy can sing, but he does look weird - sowwy 2 offend any1
OnCe aGaIn gOoD LuCk 2 gUy sEbAsTiEn!!!!!!!!

trixy
12-28-2003, 06:05 AM
This is how i would rate every1.

12 points- Guy (I'm Australian and plus i felt he was the best male preformer of the night he involved the audience and even tho his song choice didnt let him showoff all his abilities, I still thought he did a good job considering he just finished with aussie idol, recorded his album in 8 days and has all this promotion to do.)

10 points- Kelly (By far the best female preformace of the night)

9 points- Will (He had a really stage presence but it seemed like he didnt really want 2 be there but im glad he was cause he's delcious :) )

8 points- Heinz (good voice, good looks he seems to have the package)

7 points- Kurt (well i probably should have put him were Heinz is but other then his gr8 preformance i didnt really feel like he had any charisma or anything else but i suppose i only saw him for 2 mins so i cant really judge.)

6 points- Alex (I just loved her personality, I dont think we got 2 see her best in her preformance and i think we actually might see more of her after the competition).

5 points- Diana (I really liked her voice and i wish i could have understood what she was saying but it was beautiful i thought.)

4 points- Ryan (I liked his preformance but i didnt really feel drawn to him, i think he's the type of person u have to watch on a show like a idol 4 a while from him 2 grow on you.)

3 points- Peter ( I liked his preformance but i think he might not reach the audience he wants through idol)

2 points- Alex (i was going 2 put him last but i dunno i think he tried to do something different and the judges were just soo mean 2 him.)

1 point- Jamai (i liked him and his glasses but i suppose some1 has to be last)

maratski
12-28-2003, 10:54 AM
They showed a little interview with that Simon guy here and he thinks either Kelly, Will, the aussi or the norwegian will win.

esther
12-28-2003, 12:22 PM
My order:
1 & 2 - Guy/Kelly
3- Kurt
4- Heinz
5- Peter
6- Jamai
7- Ryan
8- Diana
9- Alex
10- Will
11- Alexander

joske
12-29-2003, 11:41 AM
And joske- i didnt think Evrard was bad!!!!!!!! i thought he sang that song actually really well...he was definately better than half of the other people

Awww thanks esther ;) But yeah, Antwerpen is right, the runner-up of the Belgian Idol should have won it.. she has a real good singing voice.. she's from near my home town BTW :cool: too bad her singles -which I think are dreadful- don't allow her to use her voice to the fullest... Oh well *sigh* Merry X-miz 2 every1 and a happy New Year if i don't see u all sooner xxxx

rottweily
12-29-2003, 06:10 PM
After reading some comments here I couldn't resist to repost:

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=2849954#post2849954

He had his own method of explaining it, but the Polish judge was correct:
Only three original and marvelous performances that were not fake:
-Kurt
-Peter
-Ryan
BTW not by accident the three older contestants

I personally like his style of presenting it, but most people don't see through his amusing comments.

The guy that 'played' US judge, Simon, was the real moron, it was obvious he, by all means, tried to promote the US contestant, Kelly. I hope people see through his low attempts to bash everyone but Kelly and, of course, the UK contestant, Will.
He thought hmmm easy win for Kelly, but then came Peter, and he couldn't give some grounded critic so he gave the moronic comment: you're fake. I'm glad Peter put him on his place!
He was still recovering of Peters grounded critics on him, and then came Kurt. Then he really had to do it the dirty way, because Kurt was really brilliant. So he just sad he was ugly. Can you get any lower than that!

BTW Simon has proven to everyone in the US and UK to be a moron by bashing the ultimate winners during the competition. He had to take his words back then and he will also have to do it now.

BTW The canadian judge correctly noted that kellys voice isn't all that compared with the best. And her voice is the only thing she has to play out, her performance (not including her voice) was nothing. She apparently knew that and tried to focus the performance on her voice, she wanted to score with her voice, and that resulted in shouting, making the song terrible to listen to.

BTW Simon was saying that Kelly has already 'world' wide succes, I'm certain most people outside the US never heard of her, including me. Many US citizens apparently don't know the world is much bigger than the US, or are they just plain ignorant?

esther
12-30-2003, 07:37 AM
very interesting

sam
12-30-2003, 01:17 PM
I voted for kurt; I thought he was great.

Tipsarevic
12-30-2003, 03:11 PM
Heinz :hearts:

Ma. Estefania
12-30-2003, 03:45 PM
The Spaniard guys/gals of Operación Triunfo (the same format of these programs) are much better than all these "idols".

I love Vicente....I hope he can win Eurovisión next year. :)

Jazzy
12-31-2003, 02:07 AM
i think nearly every1 had that geman guy alex near the bottom of their list!

trixy
12-31-2003, 02:13 AM
i think nearly every1 had that geman guy alex near the bottom of their list!

dont diss Alex!! I've developed quite a fondess for him :p Yesterday i went to the beach and the whole way there i was singing manic!! Every1 was ready to kill me by the end of the day!!

Jazzy
12-31-2003, 02:36 AM
awwww, sowwy trixy, i didn't mean 2 offend any1 :sad:

trixy
01-01-2004, 07:35 PM
OMG KURT IS THE WORLD IDOL!!!!! :)

Slightly dissapointed Guy or Will didn't win but not 2 dissapointed.

WE LOVE YOU KURT!!!!!!! :worship: :worship:

Oh and dont worry Jazzy i was just kidding!!! :)

Tingu
01-02-2004, 06:46 AM
Yeh i know Jazzy woke me up @ 6am this morning asking me if i wanted to watch it then she woke me up again at 7:30 asking me if i wanted to know who won she asked me for like an hour or something like that.

Sorry if that was boring and you didn't read it i'm just so annoyed with Jazzy :( (i was having a good dream) :mad:

Jazzy
01-02-2004, 07:35 AM
okay then tingu,....... wat waz rong wit waken up 4 world idol!!!
neway, kurt deserved 2 win it, good 4 him!!!!!
i am kinda upset guy didn't win, but @ least he tried!

trixy
01-02-2004, 07:35 AM
Yeh i know Jazzy woke me up @ 6am this morning asking me if i wanted to watch it then she woke me up again at 7:30 asking me if i wanted to know who won she asked me for like an hour or something like that.

Sorry if that was boring and you didn't read it i'm just so annoyed with Jazzy :( (i was having a good dream) :mad:

Oh you gotta love Jazzy!!! dont worry i didnt find what ur wrote boring, i actually found it quite funny ;) I cant belive u found a dream more important that IDOL :mad: :) , actually i wish didn't wake up 2 watch it either because i thought it was boring :o

and i truly do believe (no offence to Kurt because i thought he was a worthy winner) if the audience had seen more of Guy not just 2mins of him performing waay below his best, they would have fallen in love with him just as we did.
DON'T WORRY AUSTRALIA STILL LOVES U GUY!!!

Jazzy
01-02-2004, 07:38 AM
hee hee, yes GUY the aussies still love ya!!!!

heya
01-02-2004, 10:13 AM
I wanted Kurt to win!! YAHHHHH .

Action Jackson
01-02-2004, 11:54 AM
Heia Kurt.

I voted for him, yes he was definitely real and could actually sing, so I am surprised that he won.

joske
01-03-2004, 09:21 AM
Peter came in third !? Wowwww mama! I think his little "rebellion" thing of the last show played at least a small role in that, no? But it's cool though, we even kept up with Kelly *natural woman* Clarkson... That's pretty amazing IMO :) And Kurt *the Hobbit* N. definitely deserved to win. He also chose a great great song to sing, so he couldn't lose.. Fantastic! Although I haven't seen the entire show of last week, when I saw the short fragments they showed this week, I was amazed by Guy Sebastian's voice... It's brilliant! But ye I haven't seen his whole act so maybe I missed something that made it less good? :confused: Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the results.. Is all I can say ;) Thathaaaaa

trixy
01-03-2004, 10:04 AM
No joske there's nothing that made Guys perfromance less good!!!! I seriously dont see how he came 7th...i mean i didnt expect him 2 win but 7th!!??? ok i have to get over this :rolleyes:

Is any1 here going 2 the aus idol concert??? I am, my lovely idol hating bf brought me tickets 4 christmas :) . Cant wait!! 2 bad im going 2 have 2 see Rob, Lauren, Shannon and Pig boy but 4 Guy and Paulini...i'll even see them :p

sam
01-03-2004, 12:26 PM
I'm so happy Kurt won; I think will should have been higher, though. Wasn't he beaten by Heinz?

esther
01-04-2004, 01:10 AM
I was amazed by Guy Sebastian's voice... It's brilliant! But ye I haven't seen his whole act so maybe I missed something that made it less good?

thanks joske ;)
Guy came 7th?! thats an absolute JOKE but i think its stupid how everyones like...he'll pull thru...its O-K...coz i dont think he cared that much about it...it would have been great if he did better but like one of the other idols said, it's not the end of the world, its just a competition?

Jazzy
01-04-2004, 09:54 AM
yeh, true esther! does any1 think the competition waz fair? if u really look @ it, we could only judge 1 of each of the idols songs, which is hard 2 c how good a singer can sing, not saying, they were( they wee obviously good!)

Tingu
01-07-2004, 01:42 AM
I think they should of sang at least 2 songs
then they would of seen how good Guy is

CooCooCachoo
01-14-2004, 07:16 AM
OK very late now.. but I think Ryan Malcolm had a very special performance so he should've won!