Favourite Sports other than Tennis [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Favourite Sports other than Tennis

Action Jackson
12-13-2003, 06:28 AM
When I say football I mean with the feet, not the other stuff with helmets and tight trousers. I will refer to that as American football for this thread.

Action Jackson
12-13-2003, 06:34 AM
Football and World Rally, though there are others on that list that I like as well.

lizabeth..*
12-13-2003, 07:56 AM
Union, Basketball and Football (Soccer) - Preferably Spanish La Liga...

trixy
12-13-2003, 09:17 AM
rugby league, cricket and netball.

esther
12-13-2003, 09:26 AM
Football = Australian football...i guess that would be classified under other then

Cris
12-13-2003, 10:00 AM
Soccer and Basketball.

sam
12-13-2003, 12:47 PM
Athletics, swimming, ice-skating are cool.

wimanna
12-13-2003, 12:58 PM
F1, Rally and Motocross :yeah:

Lindsayfan
12-13-2003, 01:13 PM
Cycling :worship:
Football= european soccer
Swiss Ice Hockey
Basketball GO LAKERS GO! :cool:

J. Corwin
12-13-2003, 07:27 PM
Basketball.

I like a lot of the other sports though.

Leo
12-13-2003, 10:25 PM
American football is so horrible.

Is curling actually a popular sport in some areas of the world?

I voted for other. Besides tennis, I also like badmitton, paddle/pickle ball, table tennis (basically anything with a paddle/racquet), squash, golf, volleyball, and basketball.

Lee
12-14-2003, 12:01 AM
I vote for ice-hockey but like curling too. :dance:

Curling is quite popular in Canada especially in Western Canada, IMO. I played before but it's too much on my knees but I really enjoy watching. Unfortunately, can't watch anymore in US :sad:

andylover_16
12-14-2003, 04:32 AM
American football is so horrible.

agreed:clap2:

other than tennis
football, golf, and like to watch rugby now and then so i voted that as well:)

cheliste
12-14-2003, 06:19 AM
Football. La Liga, Serie A, EPL, Bundesliga...heck I watch every match on TV!
Basketball. NBA, Though I haven't been a regular watcher for the past year. Used to cheer for Pacers.

cheliste
12-14-2003, 06:23 AM
Basketball.

I like a lot of the other sports though.

jackson, what's your team? You're not a Lakers fan, are you? ;)

Action Jackson
12-14-2003, 08:38 AM
Yes, esther AFL is classified as other in this poll. It looks like other is taking a huge lead at the moment.

trixy
12-14-2003, 08:39 AM
I agree american football is stupid, i mean real football is played without helmets and all that stuff. LIKE REAL MEN ;)

Jessi
12-14-2003, 08:58 AM
hockey, soccer, baseball, and figure skating

JeLuliA88
12-14-2003, 09:06 AM
When i say football, i mean aussie footy. AFL... anyone here go for the lions???

Marine
12-14-2003, 05:38 PM
Football (soccer)
Athletics
Ski
Gymnastic

And I follow all sports during the olympic games.

andylover_16
12-14-2003, 06:17 PM
I agree american football is stupid, i mean real football is played without helmets and all that stuff. LIKE REAL MEN ;)

:worship:...i agree 100%

Nymeria
12-14-2003, 06:22 PM
soccer and speedskating

HybridTheory
12-14-2003, 08:42 PM
cycling:)

Leo
12-14-2003, 08:51 PM
jackson, what's your team? You're not a Lakers fan, are you? ;)

Boooo! :fiery:

Go Nets! ... but unfortunately they suck this year and won't make the finals again. :o

Andre'sNo1Fan
12-15-2003, 12:50 PM
Football and Cricket

Kristen
12-16-2003, 02:01 AM
cricket and rugby union :)
I'm gonna see steve waugh's final Test match in January!! Just imagine the adrenalin rushes I'm gonna have in January! lol...

esther
12-16-2003, 02:05 AM
lol!

heya
12-16-2003, 02:44 AM
Dallas Mavericks nba

cheliste
12-16-2003, 05:26 AM
Boooo! :fiery:

Go Nets! ... but unfortunately they suck this year and won't make the finals again. :o

Nope, I don't go for Lakers, not for Kobe or Shaquille or Payton or Malone. ;)
4 out of 6 people around me are crazy about them :mad: ....always a World War! Thank you Dirk Nowitzki!
I cheered for Nets in the finals agains Spurs...as I watched stoic faced Duncan led SA to another title. :eek:

heya
12-16-2003, 06:56 AM
Shaq & Malone bully smaller opponents around with
their elbows. Shaq missed so many easy free throws LOL
Lakers are boring...Jack Nicholson thinks he's KING
in their stadium.*vomits*

Dallas Mavs shoot 3 pointers with style. :)
Dirk rules

cheliste
12-16-2003, 07:04 AM
Shaq missed so many easy free throws LOL
Lakers are boring...
Dallas Mavs shoot 3 pointers with style. :)
Dirk rules

And that's the reason other teams employ hack-a-shaq strategy. ;) Dirk fired 25 in their away game against Lakers! :yeah:

ILR
12-16-2003, 02:35 PM
Football all the way :D Its actually my fave sport over tennis too.

thalle
12-16-2003, 07:04 PM
HANDBALL AND BADMINTON:hearts:

And soccer and golf:)

Andre'sNo1Fan
12-16-2003, 07:11 PM
Football all the way :D Its actually my fave sport over tennis too.
Me too....

Aurora
12-17-2003, 02:53 PM
Football, cycling, swimming, snooker and F1. I guess figure iceskating too.
Heck, I watch pretty much everything sportrelated on TV in these areas. But tennis is the favourite, with football and cycling close second.

Iza
12-19-2003, 05:33 AM
I am a football MANIAC! I just love Real madrid, it's my all-time fave team! Then i also like Lazio and Arsenal, and a bit of Juventus.
Zizou won FIFA Player Of The Year Award! :rocker2: :rocker: Yeah!

B3ach 6irl
12-19-2003, 12:32 PM
raah badminton! :p

Jazzy
12-24-2003, 12:33 AM
soccer & AFL !!!!!!!!

yanchr
12-24-2003, 12:48 PM
Football NO Qestion!

maratski
12-24-2003, 01:11 PM
F1
McLaren rocks!

I also like soccer, my fave teams are Feyenoord, Real Madrid, Juve and AC Milan.
Some are there cause they have good players, some are there cause of the cute players ;)

HybridTheory
12-24-2003, 02:07 PM
feyenoord:bounce::woohoo:

Lynne
12-24-2003, 02:10 PM
I like football, badminton, F1 and figure ice skating! :)

maratski
12-24-2003, 04:07 PM
hand in hand kameraden :cool:

Ma. Estefania
12-24-2003, 08:18 PM
i mean real football is played without helmets and all that stuff. LIKE REAL MEN ;)

Totally agree :worship: , apart it's played only with the "feet". ;)

My fave sport apart from tennis is definitely football....all kind of it, european (especially La Liga Espa˝ola, and the Champions League), southamerican (specially argentine, and Libertadores' Cup which is like a southamerican Champions League), but I also love the World Cup and the whole previous matches, you know, the qualifications ones between southamerican countries, it's so tight. :worship:

And then it comes F1: I used to like Ferrari, but Schumacher's hegemony bored me, and now I'm a McLaren fan all the way.....specially due Kimi Raikk÷nen ;) .....I can't wait for the 2005 to see Kimi and Montoya together!!!! :bounce:

maratski
12-24-2003, 09:00 PM
Kimi is :lick:
And he's a good driver too ;)

Marine
12-24-2003, 10:19 PM
I prefer Juan Pablo Montoya ;)

Shadow
12-25-2003, 08:17 PM
FOOTBALL, Badminton, Volleyball, Skijumping, Formula 1, ice hockey, Basketball

Ma. Estefania
12-26-2003, 02:19 AM
Kimi is :lick:
And he's a good driver too ;)

Yeah....Kimi is :drool: and definitely a good driver....I'd have loved to see him this year as the champion, but too bad it couldn't be...I keep cursing the Grand Prix of Spain (Barcelona) :mad:

Aurora
12-26-2003, 08:27 AM
Montoya all the way!!!!

if just someone can overtake Michael Schumacher .... anyone ...... ANYONE????!!!!!!!

Action Jackson
12-26-2003, 09:46 AM
Formula 1 isn't as fun as it used to be, jumped up rich jockeys racing very fast cars.

Give me the World Rally any day, I wonder if Nalbandian goes home to make sure he watches the Argentine race just outside Cordoba?

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo Real Madrid.

maratski
12-26-2003, 03:25 PM
IMO F1 hasn't been as fun as since 2000 this season. Hakkinen was so good for the sport :sad:

I actually missed most European races this season since I was usually sightseeing in Paris on a sunday afternoon :o
Tonight we get a show on the 2003 season in F1 and I'll be watching :cool:

What's wrong with Real? ;)

Ma. Estefania
12-27-2003, 01:01 AM
Boooooooooooooooo Real Madrid? I'm with you. ;)

I'm for Barša all the way. ;)

Action Jackson
12-27-2003, 07:59 AM
Real Madrid well for one they were the team of Caudillo General Franco, so that's one good reason.

Two, they have these galaticos who in many ways are overrated and they think just because they are Real Madrid they can run the game in Spain.

Three well Real did some interesting accounting work, and also had state interference when it came getting them out of debt, which is against the law in Spain.

There are more, but that will do for now.

maratski
12-27-2003, 06:20 PM
I enjoy watching the soccer those overpaid players can play ;)
I remember Real having MAJOR debt a few years ago, I believe they still have debts, but nobody had the balls to call them bankrupt ;)

Whether the organization there sucks or not, I still love to see Beckham, Zidane, Raul and the others.

maratski
12-27-2003, 06:21 PM
I actually used to like Barša till Van Gaal took over and even though he's gone now, I still don't like the club too much anymore.

heya
12-28-2003, 03:59 AM
And that's the reason other teams employ hack-a-shaq strategy. ;) Dirk fired 25 in their away game against Lakers! :yeah:
The Mavs and Golden State Warriors finally beat the Lakers. Very sweet. :devil: The Houston Rockets decided to do the same after how long?!! YAO! :dance:

Action Jackson
12-28-2003, 06:03 AM
Beckham is overrated and so is Raul when are we going to see him dominate in a major championship.

Yes, well selling the land around the training ground back to the state who set it aside for Madrid Olympic bid. How does someone have the balls to call them bankrupt when they bought the land for just the amount that their debts were .

I don't like Barca much more though when Stoichkov and Romario were together, that was interesting. Actually as long as any team that isn't Real or Barca win then I am happy.

Ma. Estefania
12-29-2003, 01:10 AM
I don't like that much Real (and sometimes Barša too) due the reasons that they just think that with having more than the half of the players at the field being foreigners, they'll win it everything :rolleyes: sometimes it works, it has worked this year for Real at the Liga at least, and so far at the Champions......Barša is the whole opposite :rolleyes:

But I think they should pay more attention too to the young Spanish players who are GREAT! If I'm not wrong they won the past under-20 world championship, and they were runner-ups at this year's one at E.U.A.

Then why not to give a chance to those guys? It could work....

zoeziepoezie
01-04-2004, 07:13 PM
badminton!!!! :D

Andre'sNo1Fan
01-04-2004, 11:14 PM
Boooooooooooooooo Real Madrid? I'm with you. ;)

I'm for Barša all the way. ;)
Me too! Shame they are rubbish, lost 3-0 today, pathetic.

Ma. Estefania
01-05-2004, 01:31 AM
Yeah.....it's pathetic, but what can I do? I like the team, no matter the results....

I loved that era when Rivaldo, Figo, Kluivert, Guardiola, Cocu, etc. were together....it was so great. *sighs*

rogicomel
01-05-2004, 05:35 AM
Italian football - I am a Milanisti and Formula 1 (BMW Willams fan)

Andre'sNo1Fan
01-05-2004, 10:37 PM
Yeah.....it's pathetic, but what can I do? I like the team, no matter the results....

I loved that era when Rivaldo, Figo, Kluivert, Guardiola, Cocu, etc. were together....it was so great. *sighs*
Yep, 98 and 99 were great yrs. I still follow them as well, but here in England they have Real Madrid on every damn week so i cant watch them as much anymore :(

Anyone here like cricket, i love it! India-Australia what a series, all climaxing tonight.

Ma. Estefania
01-05-2004, 11:00 PM
I still follow them as well, but here in England they have Real Madrid on every damn week so i cant watch them as much anymore :(

Luckily here in Latin America, ESPN transmits matches of Real and Barša almost all the weekends and in the same amount, then it's good to not be so "bombed" of Real's stuff....and their "supergalactics". :rolleyes:

Andre'sNo1Fan
01-05-2004, 11:06 PM
Luckily here in Latin America, ESPN transmits matches of Real and Barša almost all the weekends and in the same amount, then it's good to not be so "bombed" of Real's stuff....and their "supergalactics". :rolleyes:
I hate Real Madrid with a passion! Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Figo(what a traitor!). I just love it when they get thrashed. Remember 5-1 at home to Mallorca last yr, pure class!

Action Jackson
01-06-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Andre'sNo1Fan
I hate Real Madrid with a passion! Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Figo(what a traitor!). I just love it when they get thrashed. Remember 5-1 at home to Mallorca last yr, pure class!

You don't hate Real Madrid as much as I do, there is only thing worse than Real Madrid when it comes to football. It's called Manchester United the international propaganda marketing machine, as much as I hate Real at least they have delievered when it comes to success in European football.

It's funny how Valencia and Deportivo have been very consistent and challenging for La Liga and had the cheek to win it, but they don't the respect they deserve. Then again when you have Real Madrid propaganda pieces like Marca and AS, it's not surprising.

rogicomel
01-06-2004, 02:22 AM
Oh! Talking about the teams I hate the most, no other teams can beat Real 'Who Needs The Defender' Merdas which is full of superstars but playing 0-0-10 formation. Yeah! The 1-5 thrashing by Mallorca last season was the best thing I've heard about Merdas. And sharing the honour of the teams hated most is Manure. They are equally disgusting, annoying and overhyped as the best teams in the world! (Puke!)

Anyway, for Manure fans, I have this joke:

* What's the difference between a Man United supporter and a bucket of cow manure?
The bucket.

rogicomel
01-06-2004, 02:28 AM
Some more;

* Q) Why does George Michael want to play Goalkeeper for Man United?
A) Coz he'd have 10 gays in front of him.

* Q: What do you call a good-looking woman at Old Trafford?
A: An away supporter

* Q: How do you make United fans run?
A: Build a job centre.

* Q: What do you call a United fan with two brain cells?
A: Pregnant

* Q: How do you confuse a United fan?
A: Show him a map of Manchester

* Q: Why do NASA send their astronauts to train at Old Trafford?
A: It's the only place in the world with no atmosphere!

* Q: Roy Keane, Rio Ferdinand and Alex Ferguson are all thrown out of a plane at the same time, which one hits the ground first?
A: Who cares?

Action Jackson
01-06-2004, 03:50 AM
Ah, Rogi good to see you hate the Scum with such passion. I have some very anti Man U pics around on disc, I will have to find them.

Aurora
01-06-2004, 08:50 AM
Oh great to see some ManU-haters!
I'm a Deportivo fan, though I don't get to see any Sapnish league matches.

ILR
01-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Man U hater here. Passionate one at that :p :wavey:

As you can probably tell (!) I am a Liverpool fan. I have another joke:

q) Whats the difference between a hedgehog and Old Trafford?

a) The pricks are on the outside of a hedgehog :D

Hope we can pick up a win at Chelsea! In fact we'd better, my pride is at stake I had a bet with a Utd fan today in college :o Nice guy that he is lol let me have the draw too lol.

Action Jackson
01-07-2004, 01:28 AM
Liverpool are a joke at the moment, they need to sack Heart Attack Houllier he has been there too long and the results are not improving, they are regressing.

Some of the players he has bought haven't worked out, and if he drops a player then they will never see action for their time at Liverpool.

Long Live ABU Anybody But United.

Ma. Estefania
01-07-2004, 02:14 AM
Figo(what a traitor!). I just love it when they get thrashed. Remember 5-1 at home to Mallorca last yr, pure class!

Yeah....Figo really broke my heart :o and I'll never ever forgive him! :mad:

I was so damn happy when at the 1st derby against Barša that Figo played, he was symbolized as a George Washington at the center of a dollar, you know, like if he just sold himself for money....what low! :o

Man U haters?......Well, here you have a "contra" :p , coz I really like Man U., though all its "marketing" decisions.

Action Jackson
01-07-2004, 02:47 AM
Actually Estefania I prefered the pigs head that the Barca fans threw on the pitch, and the chairmans reaction that is not a local Catalan dish.

Jag
01-07-2004, 11:05 AM
*comes into this thread REAL late*

MUN haters, come on! Arsenal rock. Period.

Did you guys hear that dig some guy made about Chelsea? Well, basically, they're playing Watford in the FA Cup replay, third round and a Chelsea fan was like, 'if we don't beat you, we'll buy you'. I thought that was pretty classic.

But yeah, back on topic: Gymnastics and field hockey.

maratski
01-07-2004, 11:30 AM
haters :p

ILR
01-07-2004, 12:18 PM
and dont you know it Ilhame :p

And I dont deny we're a joke either, Anfield is now a place where teams can play truly believing that they can win. That wasnt the case in the glory days. The sign that Bill Shankly put up in the tunnel is an example of that. To bring fear into the heart of the opposition before they even got out onto the pitch. Its probably very much the opposite now.

Im thinking Diouf, Diao and Cheyrou are the ones you are talking about ;)

maratski
01-07-2004, 01:11 PM
Emma I heard Owen might be going to Barcelona or something.

ILR
01-07-2004, 01:30 PM
Yeh theres been talk of him wanting to leave if we dont make the champions league at the end of the season. I havent heard Barcelona singled out, I have Real Madrid though. Its all rumours for now anyway. Barca aren't guaranteed CL football next year though, despite them only being 4 points off(which is exactly our position too so it doesn't make all that much sense) They're having a season quite similar to ours so why he'd want to swap one for the other I dont know. Unless he feels Barca will improve a lot next year and we wont :shrug: I dont know.

maratski
01-07-2004, 01:40 PM
If he also leaves the UK, the premier league will be boring ;)

ILR
01-07-2004, 01:46 PM
If he leaves the UK then Liverpool would suffer tremdously ;) mmmm its interesting, but I dont think he'll leave. But then again I didn't think Beckham would leave Utd! :o until the boot incident with Fergie of course lol

maratski
01-07-2004, 01:48 PM
:haha:

I also didn't expect David to leave, but I'm glad he did.

ILR
01-07-2004, 01:50 PM
I wasn't too bothered actually. Sure he was a big player at Utd but they've proved that there is life after Beckham. Now I just hope he can keep improving and playing well for England! :)

Andre'sNo1Fan
01-07-2004, 03:54 PM
The only way Liverpool will improve is if they get rid of Houllier. His buys have been awful. The football we now play is terrible as well. He needs to go.

Ma. Estefania
01-07-2004, 05:36 PM
I heard Owen might be going to Barcelona or something.

Interesting :cool: but I don't know if this would be good or bad to the team, sometimes they get full of "superstars" or at least recognized players, and anyway they keep on failing their objectives.... :o

ILR
01-07-2004, 10:01 PM
Cheyrou :eek: :yeah: wow, nice match to pick up your 1st prem goal for us!

Ra! :banana: Im just so happy! I dont think this result was exactly expected but Im proud of how we fought!

maratski
01-08-2004, 02:29 PM
Liverpool :woohoo:

Action Jackson
01-09-2004, 04:31 AM
Four surgeons are taking a coffee break. One asks which type of person is the best to operate on, instantly one surgeon states that it is Manchester United fan because they are heartless, spineless, gutless and also their heads and arses are interchangeable....

maratski
01-09-2004, 07:57 AM

rogicomel
01-10-2004, 01:40 AM
This is a bit old but still a good laugh for us!

Funny comments:

Interviewer: ‘Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?’
David Beckham: ‘Well, I can play in the centre, on the right and occasionally on the left side.’

‘My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about 7.’ – David Beckham

‘I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.’ – Mark Viduka

‘He’s put on weight and I’ve lost it, and vice versa.’ – Ronnie Whelan

‘Alex Ferguson is the best manager I’ve ever had at this level. Well, he’s the only manager I’ve ever had at this level. But he’s the best manager I’ve ever had.’ – David Beckham

‘If you don’t believe you can win, there is no point in getting out of bed at the end of the day.’ – Neville Southall

‘We lost because we didn’t win.’ – Ronaldo

‘I’ve had 14 bookings this season – 8 of which were my fault, but 7 of which were disputable.’ – Paul Gascoigne

‘I’ve never wanted to leave. I’m here for the rest of my life, and hopefully after that as well.’ – Alan Shearer

‘I’d like to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona.’ – Ian Draper

‘You’ve got to believe that you’re going to win, and I believe we’ll win the World Cup until the final whistle blows and we’re knocked out.’ – Peter Shilton

‘I faxed a transfer request to the club at the beginning of the week, but let me state that I don’t want to leave Leicester.’ – Stan Collymore

‘I was watching the Blackburn game on TV on Sunday when it flashed on the screen that George (Ndah) had scored in the first minute at Birmingham. My first reaction was to ring him up. Then I remembered he was out there playing.’ – Ade Akinbiyi

‘Without being too harsh on David Beckham, he cost us the match.’ – Ian Wright

‘It was a big relief off my shoulder.’ – Paul Gascoigne

‘I’m as happy as I can be – but I have been happier.’- Ugo Ehiogu

‘It took a lot of bottles for Tony (Adams) to own up.’ – Ian Wright

‘Leeds is a great club and it’s been my home for years, even though I live in Middlesborough.’ – Jonathan Woodgate

‘I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel.’ – Stuart Pearce

‘I took a whack on my left ankle, but something told me it was my right.’ – Lee Hendrie

‘I couldn’t settle in Italy – it was like living in a foreign country.’ – Ian Rush

‘If you’re 0-0 down, there no-one better to get you back on terms than Ian Wright.’ – Robbie Earle

‘Germany are a very difficult team to play… they had 11 internationals out there today.’ – Steve Lomas

‘I always used to put boot on first, and then obviously my right sock.’ – Barry Venison

‘I definitely want Brooklyn to be christened, but I don’t know into what religion yet.’ – David Beckham

‘The Brazilians were South America, and the Ukrainians will be more European.’ – Phil Neville

‘All that remains is for a few dots and commas to be crossed.’ – Mitchell Thomas

‘The opening ceremony was good, although I missed it’. – Graeme Le Saux

‘One accusation you can’t throw at me is that I’ve always done my best.’ – Alan Shearer

‘I’d rather play in front of a full house than an empty crowd.’ – Johnny Giles

‘Sometimes in football you have to score goals.’ – Thierry Henry

‘I was surprised, but I always say nothing surprises me in football.’ – Les Ferdinand

‘It was like the ref had a brand new yellow card and wanted to see if it worked.’ – Richard Rufus

‘There’s no in between – you’re either good or bad. We were in between.’ – Gary Lineker

‘Winning doesn’t really matter as long as you win’. – Vinny Jones

And who said players are clever? :rolleyes:

cheliste
01-10-2004, 02:00 AM
Hilarious comments! :eek:

Action Jackson
01-10-2004, 02:03 AM
They were good but not still as good as the classic line from the Montreal Olympics.

Alberto Juantorena the last man to win the 400m/800m at an Olympics. He comes into the back straight on the second lap of the 800m.

Commentator "Juantorena, he opens his legs and shows his class".

rogicomel
01-10-2004, 02:11 AM
This is another old joke (notice that Cuper was Inter's former coach)

* Hector Cuper calls Carlo Ancelotti to ask him how to make Inter play good too, Ancelotti tells him to come to Milan's next training. Next day Cuper comes to Millanello. Ancelotti says: "Your players have to be intelligent to play good, watch this" and he calls Andriy Shevchenko over. He asks Sheva; it is your father's son but it isn't your brother, who is it? Sheva says; It's me.
Ancelotti: Very good
Cuper: I'll try it tomorrow with my players.

Next day
Cuper calls Bobo (Christian Vieri) over
Cuper:It is your father's son but it isn't your brother, who is it?
Bobo: Hmmmmm… This is a hard one. Can I think about it tonight and give you the answer tomorrow?
Cuper: You're right this is a hard one, I'll give you time until tomorrow

That night
Bobo calls Pippo Inzaghi
Bobo: It is your father's son but it isn't your brother, who is it?
Pippo: It's me
Bobo: Ok thx

Next day
Cuper comes to Bobo and asks him: It is your father's son but it isn't your brother, who is it?
Bobo: It's Inzaghi!!!!!!!
Cuper: No, you idiot it's Sheva!!!!!!!!!

WyverN
01-10-2004, 02:36 AM
lol

maratski
01-10-2004, 09:43 PM

Ma. Estefania
01-11-2004, 03:30 AM
‘We lost because we didn’t win.’ – Ronaldo

Thanx for the explanation.... :rolleyes: OMG.... :rolleyes:

Rogicomel: LOL ;) to yours one. :D

Advantage
01-11-2004, 08:24 AM
As some of you know, I wager on sports quite often. The only sport that's come close to being as formful as tennis is men's college basketball. After that I'd say AFL and NRL rugby.

cheliste
01-12-2004, 06:13 AM
The Mavs and Golden State Warriors finally beat the Lakers. Very sweet. :devil: The Houston Rockets decided to do the same after how long?!! YAO! :dance:

And they are on straight fifth loss on the road...and counting. :devil: Of course it helps that shaq and malone were not there, but just the same I'm :) And don't you love Carmelo Anthony's answer to Kobe's elbow?
Stojakovic et al take over the Pacific Div. :D
And that Stephon Marbury deal involving how many players! :eek: It would be interesting to see how he will help Allan Houston and co now that he is playing in the MSGarden.

Peta Pan
01-12-2004, 08:17 AM
I love HEAPS of sports other than tennis, but the main ones are - AFL footy (Geelong), Rugby League (Sydney Roosters), English football (Sunderland), horse racing and cricket. I also love watching nearly all the sports at the Olympics - especially the swimming and gymnastics.

:)Peta

CooCooCachoo
01-12-2004, 11:16 AM
All the other sports I like are devided under the option "Other", namely cycling, volleyball (some beautiful women; go Kathy Radzuweit! :D) and lawn hockey. Those sports are not that popular in the USA, I guess.

maratski
01-12-2004, 12:15 PM
You only like field hockey cause dutch people are good at it ;)

Hispanica
01-13-2004, 04:05 AM
Viva la Liga!!!!

Otherwise, motorycle racing and Viva Gibernau

loco_moskito
01-25-2004, 08:13 AM
Cycling, by far, is my favourite sports, then I guess it's rugby.

hythger
01-26-2004, 10:58 PM
Football known as soccer

Aurora
02-12-2004, 02:56 PM
It's actually appalling that cycling is not mentioned in the poll, I mean why handball or curling? oh well, it's proabably only in certain countries in Europe as big as it is here in belgium...
nice avatar loco_moskito!

joske
02-12-2004, 04:55 PM
I agree... but then again, Belgians ARE cycle-freaks like lilly said ;)

Clara Bow
02-12-2004, 10:55 PM
Since to me there is nothing finer than being in the bleacher seats at Wrigley Field (Chicago Cubs) I will have to place the first vote for baseball.

I also love college basketball, particularly during NCAA tournament time.

Raoul Duke
02-15-2004, 03:33 AM
I've often been told that I'm too much of a sport fanatic for my own good ...

The sports I follow very closely (and I do mean very closely!) are Football, Cycling, Tennis, Boxing, Sumo :eek: and the NFL

But I also follow Hockey, NBA, Golf, Athletics, Snooker and Handball and to some extent Swimming and alpine skiing though not as much as when I was a kid and MAJOR fan of the likes of Pirmin Zurbriggen and Alberto Tomba
I also kinda got hooked on Formula 1 again last season after my interest in that had been declining for years...

I'll list some of my favourites:

Tennis: Becker, Kafelnikov, Safin, Sampras, Rafter, Ivanisevic, Bruguera, Korda

Football: Real Madrid and a lot of players including: Zidane, Raul, M Laudrup, Pep Guardiola, Ciro Ferrara, Vialli and Mancini, Ginola, Ortega, J. Zannetti, Butragenio, Shearer

Boxing: Whitaker, Tszyu, Toney, Jones Jr, Chavez

Cycling: GIANNI BUGNO (my number 1 sports idol of all time. I was and I probably still am to some extent totally obsessed with Gianni Bugno), Laurent Jalabert, Museeuw and Pantani :sad:

Sumo: Takanohana (A LIVING WALKING TALKING GOD!!!....of course he never says a word.......)

Hockey: Fedorov, Mogilny, Yashin (I'm a great fan of russian hockey and its technichal brilliance and always root for them at the big tournaments. World Cup this year is going to be very exciting) I really like the skill players and at the moment nobody is better than Peter Forsberg. The complete package!

NBA: Tim Duncan, Ginoboli, Starks....

Golf: Phil Mickelson, Jose Maria Olazabal, Ernie Els and my fellow countryman Thomas Bjorn (together with M.Laudrup the only dane on my list. I really don't care much for patriotism in sports...ok I do support various national teams BUT only when the play a style that I enjoy or that appeal to me. Fortunately both our Football and Handball team does just that at the moment..)

Raoul Duke
02-15-2004, 04:09 AM
Woah I'm suprised there are so many cycling fans here but it's great! Where are you people from?

Also a lot of Real Madrid fans. And I know (I've been reading some of GeorgeWHitler's posts) there are a lot of good reasons for hating Real and I've been hating Man U for those exact same reasons for years but I've been a fan of Real Madrid since 1985 when I as a smal kid actually confused them with Dinamo Bukarast who were playing and beating Barcelona in a crazy Cup winners cup final on penalties. Ducadem the legendary Romanian keeper saved something like 4 penalties in that game!
But anyway for who knows what reason I thought they were Real Madrid and I became a fan. It was only years later that I realized that it wasn't Real who had beaten Barca in that game and then it was already too late...I had become a fan....

When I support a club its merely for football reasons.
And Real Madrid has each and every year that I've supported them been playing imo some superb football. The kind of football that I enjoy to watch. Even when Barca under Cryuff with Pep Guardiola (who I admire so much), Laudrup, Koeman and Stoichkov were playing some incredible stuff.......at that same time Real Madrid was actually playing great too and were desperately unlucky not to collect at least a couple of titles. Real would never even in its deepest crisis, when Barce was winning everything, sacrifice their principles and play like........well actually play like Barca does at times now. Negative football. It just won't happen and that is the main reason I support Real Madrid.
Which btw does not mean I can't be critical of the shady business deals or the ridicilous transfer policy but when it comes to the actual style of play on the pitch, Real Madrid has never during the period in which I supported them sacrificed their principles of trying to play beautiful football.

That also explains my "love affairs" with clubs like early 90's Sampdoria and Newcastle under Keegan. Both teams played great football that I enjoyed to watch.

I also admired Juventus during Marcelo Lippi's first reign when they were playing, probably the most "PERFECT" football I ever seen (how much doping contributed to that is another discussion).

And of course also Barca under Cryuff. I didn't like it when they were beating us 5-0 but it was such an exciting team to watch...

Hispanica
02-15-2004, 05:11 PM
Well,I'm happy that you admire Pep so much cause I'm also a big fan of him. And as a Barca fan I'm also very very disappointed with the choices they are making at the moment... changing evrything each year won't give them the stability they need and then not keeping players like Luis Enrique... very very bad... hope they change their minds by the end of the season... their biggest mistake would be to let Puyol go away and these last years I've read some opportunities...

Aurora
02-15-2004, 10:08 PM
Wow Raoul, impressive list of sports you're following! Makes me wonder were you're from to be able to follow these very different sports...
Glad to hear Museeuw is 1 of your faves! I like Zabel, Axel Merckx, Ullrich and Basso.
Who do you watch particularly in snooker?

Raoul Duke
02-16-2004, 10:19 PM
Wow Raoul, impressive list of sports you're following! Makes me wonder were you're from to be able to follow these very different sports...
Glad to hear Museeuw is 1 of your faves! I like Zabel, Axel Merckx, Ullrich and Basso.
Who do you watch particularly in snooker?

Well I'm from Denmark and all the sports are more or less on tv. Strangely enough tennis (which is a major global sport) is one of the sports where it can be most difficult to find tv coverage, especially since Eurosport drastically cut back on their ATP coverage a couple of years ago (I don't waste my time on WTA) .
Fortunately there is a Danish channel that shows all the Super 9 tournaments and the Grand Slams are no problem either.

And Eurosport actually airs Sumo and that's where I discovered it 6 or 7 years ago. Nowadays I'm so obsessed with it that whenever there its Basho time I get up early and watch the live stream from Japan.
But there is pretty big non japanese Sumo cult and there is always someone who puts videos of both Juryu and Makuuchi bouts on the net available for downloading within a day after they took place. So following Sumo is almost easier than following tennis :eek:

In Snooker for who knows what reason Alan McManus is my favorite....These days he is not THAT good and if I look at it objectively I CAN see that he is one of the most boring players around but when I started watching it, he was the first one I really noticed and I always find myself rooting for him :rolleyes:

Cycling is a major sport in Denmark and it boomed in the early 90's with Rolf S°rensen winning classics and Bjarne Riis winning the Tour de France. All the major races are on tv.
There are not any major Danish cycling stars at the moment but of course one the best teams CSC is Danish...not that I, as I already mentioned, care much about that stuff...

oasis04
02-29-2004, 03:39 PM
Yep I agree, eurosport could improve their tennis coverage, have more matches than you get and cut out adverts every couple of minutes. they shoudl bring out a tennis only channel on cable or satellite tennis fans can subscribe to.

FAVE OTHER SPORTS.......snooker, football, mens 100m sprinting, rugby (when england are playing)
& boxing.

oasis04
02-29-2004, 03:44 PM
Good to see your a Real fan Raoul, they have an amazing side nowdays and are a joy to watch, Beckham going there was great as we get far more coverage of their games here now because of it.

my fave players are raul, zidane, carlos and beckham...i was dissapointed with the draw against bayern last week but they have that jinx playing them in germany and i am fully confident they will finish them off in spain :bigclap::bigclap::bigclap::bigclap:

oasis04
02-29-2004, 03:47 PM
American football has too many rules, i got a book once to try and learn but was still none the wiser lol

i think you have to get into it from an early age to understand it...and of course being american would help lol

oxy
03-08-2004, 06:02 PM
i voted football....but i like f1, motor GP and rugby too!!!!

armaniman
03-11-2004, 11:39 PM
good choices oxy

ENGLAND - WORLD RUGBY CHAMPIONS 2003

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Yonge
03-12-2004, 03:44 AM
No doubt about it, Hockey is THE most popular sport here in Canada.
In the summer, tennis gets tough competition from Formula Racing, Triathlon, and Baseball just to name a few.

Nuclear_Gal
04-08-2004, 08:26 AM
my favourite other sports except from tennis
SWIMMING
BASKET BALL
NET BALL
WATER POLO
FOOTBALL

novanora
04-08-2004, 01:48 PM
Other than tennis, table tennis is my favourite, which is somewhat related to tennis, at least literally. ;D

joeb_uk
04-08-2004, 01:50 PM
football, i still play and its my main sport. i prefer to watch tennis tho, but football is my sport ;)

*SKYE*
04-12-2004, 02:24 AM
Although a majority of the votes are for 'Football' i reckon Ice Hockeys heaps kool. What do u guys reckon bout Ice Hockey?

Aleksa's Laydee
04-12-2004, 12:13 PM
i play field hockey and that really good, dangerous but what isnt :D
football - charlton !!! and cricket 'England' :D

Billabong
04-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Snowboard, bicycle, etc:)!

FryslanBoppe
04-12-2004, 12:39 PM
Football, then athletics but I like most sports.

rassklovn
05-28-2004, 09:15 AM
Football for sure and this year is great as I can watch Euro 2004 and Wimbledon, though I will concentrate more on Euro 2004.

User ID 4783
05-29-2004, 08:24 AM
Football! (the European leagues, especially the Bundesliga and Primera Division)
I also like to watch Cycling (Tour de France) and Athletics (but only Olympia)

YoursTruly
05-29-2004, 04:00 PM
I like watching football (soccer here in Canada), Olympics, volleyball. I like to go bowling and fishing as well. hehe.

Lalitha
05-31-2004, 09:12 AM
I like Football and Forumula 1 besides tennis. They do have a stipulated time for play, you have an idea how the match or race will go on, unlike in tennis.

Richard Cranium
05-31-2004, 09:22 AM
Football, and I like skiing and ice hockey, then again I can watch most sports except American football and basketball.

skaya
05-31-2004, 03:51 PM
i love almost every sport, i'm a sport-maniac.....
most of all i like bascetball, volleyball, athletics, swimming, skiing, ski jumping, snowboarding...
actually i don't watch tv at all, the only channel, i'm interested in is eurosport and some local sport channels.....

forever_rafter
06-01-2004, 08:28 AM
Soccer nad volleyball but I love watching pretty much every sport

elroyf
06-01-2004, 08:42 AM
Playing sport is SOO fun!

I play football, cricket, snooker and tennis -duh!

And they are all great!

1NightStandsRule
08-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Football with a round ball.

Nikki♥
08-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Well, let┤s see... Figure skating, Formula 1, Formula 3, Formula 3000, Formula Nissan, Formula Renault , IRL , MotoGP are the other sports I like besides tennis.

papasmurf11
08-01-2004, 04:27 PM
Field hockey,surfing,basketball,snowboarding,soccer and swimming.

*Ljubica*
08-01-2004, 04:37 PM
I love watching figure skating, - but for the purposes of this poll I voted for football - and have to say Good Luck to Arsenal in the up-coming season :)

Marc Rosset is Tall
08-01-2004, 05:02 PM
Football, another one who likes rally racing, but I like most sports as long as they are played well.

RonE
08-01-2004, 05:24 PM
Basketball- watched the Euroleague and the pounding Maccabi gave Bologna in the final was awesome!

Corinna
08-01-2004, 06:09 PM
football (soccer), volleyball and curling :)

MissPovaFan
08-01-2004, 06:39 PM
Probably cricket and soccer.

landoud
08-01-2004, 07:48 PM
i love soccer veryyyyyyy much ( brazil and arsenal ) ;) :)

RonJeremy
09-13-2004, 04:03 PM
Football.

Suzi
09-13-2004, 04:59 PM
Football, Swimming, Gymnastics, Moto GP, F1 and Ice skating

Fergie
09-13-2004, 05:01 PM
I love gymnastics and F1 :angel:

Sparkz
09-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Rugby league, Football, Snooker, Boxing

Eruwen
09-13-2004, 06:53 PM
Equestrian and dancing (streetdance)

I hate football... *ducks from tomatos thrown at her* :lol:

Aphex
09-14-2004, 02:35 PM
Football, cycling, shooting down annoying people in the street

ataptc
09-14-2004, 03:53 PM
I hate football... *ducks from tomatos thrown at her* :lol:

wow i'm surprised to find someone who hates football like me.. i love rugby, swimming, kayaking/canoeing, basketball and dragonboat, which no one has mentioned :D

Eruwen
09-14-2004, 08:37 PM
Yay, another football hater! There's not many of us out there! :lol:

But what is dragonball? Don't think I've ever heard of it...

danichkka
09-17-2004, 07:09 AM
badminton

Daniel
09-17-2004, 10:50 PM
f1 :)

Devotee
09-19-2004, 05:26 PM
ice skating

zaara
09-20-2004, 02:41 AM
CRICKET

Billabong
09-20-2004, 03:12 AM
I looooooove snowboarding:D! and I'd like to surf:D!

╔owyn
09-20-2004, 03:18 AM
football (the real kind not rugby in silly suits)
cricket

Micca
09-20-2004, 02:43 PM
Why isnt hockey in it?? NOT Ice hockey :sad::p

tommy_girl
09-20-2004, 02:44 PM
F1 and soccer

novanora
09-20-2004, 03:36 PM
chess and badminton

MissKoubek1981
09-25-2004, 01:59 PM
Besides Tennis it's:

Ski Jumping (for a long time I had a battle with myself if tennis or ski jumping is my top fave, but tennis always wins :D )

Football (Fan of the Dutch and Austrian national squads, FC Fulham, Juventus, Sturm Graz, Grazer AK, DSV Leoben, Barca, Ajax) Somebody mentioned Phillip Cocu and Patrick Kluivert!! Two of my all time favourite players!!! :)

Formula One (Christian-Klien-fan here!! Once again patriotic Austrian *gg* CHRISSI!!! :woohoo: )

Ice Hockey (I have been to a game once, was that cool! They sometimes show the Austrian league on my pay-tv! :) )

Swimming (beautiful men in tight suits, do I have to explain more?? :rolleyes: :angel: )

Athletics (always interesting)

Handball and Volleyball

All Alpine and Nordic Skiing (except of Nordic Combined, I don't like that)

:kiss:,
MissKoubek1981 (Danielle :) )

Washa Koroleva
10-03-2004, 03:16 PM
I used to be in a fencing group. Ever tried it?
It's very very cool, too. But I found it difficult.

Suzi
10-03-2004, 05:33 PM
Besides Tennis it's:

Ski Jumping (for a long time I had a battle with myself if tennis or ski jumping is my top fave, but tennis always wins :D )

Football (Fan of the Dutch and Austrian national squads, FC Fulham, Juventus, Sturm Graz, Grazer AK, DSV Leoben, Barca, Ajax) Somebody mentioned Phillip Cocu and Patrick Kluivert!! Two of my all time favourite players!!! :)

Formula One (Christian-Klien-fan here!! Once again patriotic Austrian *gg* CHRISSI!!! :woohoo: )

Ice Hockey (I have been to a game once, was that cool! They sometimes show the Austrian league on my pay-tv! :) )

Swimming (beautiful men in tight suits, do I have to explain more?? :rolleyes: :angel: )

Athletics (always interesting)

Handball and Volleyball

All Alpine and Nordic Skiing (except of Nordic Combined, I don't like that)

:kiss:,
MissKoubek1981 (Danielle :) )

I love Christian Klien as well (thought i woz the only one) hmmmmm.... Also i totally agree with u on the swmming :lick:

MissKoubek1981
10-03-2004, 05:40 PM
I love Christian Klien as well (thought i woz the only one) hmmmmm.... Also i totally agree with u on the swmming :lick:

:devil: :woohoo: another Chrissi-fan! Hi!!! :) :wavey:

Suzi
10-03-2004, 05:42 PM
Hello :wavey:

MissKoubek1981
10-03-2004, 05:44 PM
Nice to meet you! :D That's cool! :)

Suzi
10-03-2004, 05:47 PM
Ditto :lol: :hug:

Neely
10-03-2004, 06:16 PM
Favorite sports of all: basketball :rocker2: :rocker2: :bounce: :bounce:

Sometimes I'm also watching Formula1 races on TV if there is nothing better at the momente, but they suck. Formula1 and every car or moto racing just suck IMO and are boring for me.

What I love more watching are bigger international football games, like Champions League for example, or sometimes maybe even top games from the German league. Of course also all important international competitions like FIFA World Cup or UEFA Euro.

A must-see are also Olympics of course.

And I'm doing better and better in understanding more US Sports and not only baskeball. For example, I'm making huge progress in understanding baseball :) ... also my American Football knowledge increased A LOT :)
So far icehockey is my least favorite one "typical" American sports ;)

Satanic Pasteur
10-03-2004, 06:47 PM
K-1, M.M.A. (mixed martial arts) and sumo wrestling.

Canuck_Chick
10-03-2004, 09:42 PM
ice hockey :yeah:

Neely
10-04-2004, 12:14 AM
ice hockey :yeah:
I didn't expect anything else from you, Canuck Chick ;) :wavey:

Canuck_Chick
10-04-2004, 11:51 PM
haha....of course not ;)

Billabong
10-05-2004, 01:55 AM
football is ruling here;)!

Sommarsverige
10-05-2004, 06:22 AM
ice-hockey and athletics, sometimes also soccer!

SuperFurryAnimal
10-05-2004, 07:25 AM
Did I reply to this topic already or didn't I? Can't remember... Anyway, my fave sports besides tennis is probably speed skating, which is huge in Holland but very low rated in the rest of the world.
But then I also like football (AZ!!), cycling (Rabobank!!), swimming, athletics, ice hockey, volleyball, basketball, skiing, etc. etc. I like almost all sports... I only dislike boxing, since I can't understand why someone could like beating someone else up.. I don't see the fun in that, and sports should be fun in the first place.

Suzi
10-06-2004, 05:13 PM
Football kicks ass!

roisin
10-06-2004, 05:16 PM
football, football football!

the beautiful game is d bomb! newcastle all d way!

i luv golf as well, sergio garica, i luv dat dude! run into him n tiger n a few others on sunday last!

Suzi
10-06-2004, 05:26 PM
Nah Golf aint my thing, Football, i dont have a team though, but i dont like Man u or R.Madrid for sure!

(No offence to anyone who supports them)

TaTaaa
10-25-2004, 01:26 AM
Surf

gabnouwop
10-25-2004, 09:37 PM
football, world rally and baseball :)

Wednesday Addams
10-26-2004, 09:57 AM
Snooker, handball, volleyball, figure skating, gymnastics............. I like basketball a lot too, but we don't get much coverage here :sad: ........... What am I talking about?............. we don't get ANY coverage!!! :mad: :rolleyes:
edit>> Oh, Lord, I forgot about Moto GP :smash: Go Rossi!!!!!

RPH
10-26-2004, 10:54 AM
Formula 1 and football

Although F1 is currently :yawn: :zzz:
And in Football my team is playing like shite :fiery: :banghead: :help: :sad:

novanora
10-26-2004, 12:56 PM
After Olympics, i am obessed by Hockey! :yeah:

bad gambler
10-26-2004, 12:57 PM
cricket and baseball

Gonzalo81
10-26-2004, 02:02 PM
Football of course and also rugby....

roisin
10-26-2004, 02:04 PM
football. it deadly! i support newcastle in england. we're so gonna win the uefa cup/fa cup this year! i like real madrid and deportivo as well. but they're both doing crap!

gabnouwop
10-26-2004, 07:09 PM
Formula 1 and football

Although F1 is currently :yawn: :zzz:
And in Football my team is playing like shite :fiery: :banghead: :help: :sad:
which one is that team?
im big fan of the real and roma, right now roma its like the F1 :(

RPH
10-26-2004, 07:15 PM
which one is that team?
im big fan of the real and roma, right now roma its like the F1 :(

Im a fan of Blackburn Rovers :o a British club currently bottom of the Premiership :sad:

roisin
10-26-2004, 10:23 PM
thats possibly cos we stole your manager ;)

gabnouwop
10-27-2004, 07:52 PM
Im a fan of Blackburn Rovers :o a British club currently bottom of the Premiership :sad:
too bad :sad: hope them better luck :yeah:

Deco
10-27-2004, 08:43 PM
my favourtie sport other than tennis is football.. I'm for Ajax!!!!!! and qua country I'm for Portugal..
do some of you know daniel de ridder? a young ajacied.. he's only 19:D and veryvery handsome :love:

Purple Rainbow
10-27-2004, 09:21 PM
I like football, as pretty much every Dutchie does.
Furthermore, I've been following NBA basketball for about 10 years now.
And there's a lot more. Cycling is nice, atlethics is great at times. If something big is at stake, I can watch sport all day.