eeee why would you want haze? my mom doesn't allow me to go running :sad:

ataptc
10-06-2006, 03:17 PM
erm what does 花痴 mean? :o

balloon
10-06-2006, 03:30 PM
erm what does 花痴 mean? :o

pple will say fa1 hua1 chi1..
is used to describe guys when they go crazy over many girls in a short period of time..

silverwhite
10-06-2006, 03:35 PM
come on!
let the psi reach 100!!

xiao ah? :rolleyes:

silverwhite
10-06-2006, 03:36 PM
pple will say fa1 hua1 chi1..
is used to describe guys when they go crazy over many girls in a short period of time..

They other way round also can :p

ataptc
10-06-2006, 03:39 PM
sounds harmless? :shrug:

balloon
10-06-2006, 03:40 PM
sounds harmless? :shrug:

precisely
but pple say is defamatory or vulgar in past times..

mon i will go sch n tell my female fren in lecture not to fa hua chi
haha

balloon
10-06-2006, 03:41 PM
xiao ah? :rolleyes:

reach 100 no sch leh

ataptc
10-06-2006, 03:49 PM
precisely
but pple say is defamatory or vulgar in past times..
do you know why?

balloon
10-06-2006, 03:53 PM
do you know why?

nah
ask sw... mayb he know..

silverwhite
10-06-2006, 03:58 PM
reach 100 no sch leh

:o :o :o

silverwhite
10-06-2006, 04:00 PM
nah
ask sw... mayb he know..

Apparently, it can refer to a mental illness :shrug:

ataptc
10-06-2006, 04:06 PM
okay heh

Lee
10-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Let's put it this way, when people start using a term that they don't understand the truth meaning, doesn't mean the term is not degoratory or less demeaning, it only means ignorance or misled.

And I hope the more reasonable posters here will try to refrain from using the term after understanding it's true meaning.

balloon
10-06-2006, 04:52 PM
Let's put it this way, when people start using a term that they don't understand the truth meaning, doesn't mean the term is not degoratory or less demeaning, it only means ignorance or misled.

And I hope the more reasonable posters here will try to refrain from using the term after understanding it's true meaning.

wads e true meaning

ataptc
10-06-2006, 04:57 PM
ah i see. thanks Lee for clearing it up :) Anyway, I have never heard of it so I won't even be using it :lol:

Lee
10-06-2006, 05:12 PM
wads e true meaning

Mental illness caused by sexually transmitted disease. 花 is the first character of a STD (I believe it's syphilis) 花柳 or 梅毒 and 痴 means craziness. Without treatment, syphilis may damage the nervous system.

balloon
10-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Mental illness caused by sexually transmitted disease. 花 is the first character of a STD (I believe it's syphilis) 花柳 or 梅毒 and 痴 means craziness. Without treatment, syphilis may damage the nervous system.

First let me say that i totally understand why u make such a big fuss when this word is being brought up.. And i see ur reason why u do not want people to know the true meaning to continue using this word..

For example.. ( this is a true life experience from an exchange student in my tutoria class)..

The 4 letter F word.. though commonly used nowadays in the world.. still have different meanings to people in different countries.. Maybe in Singapore we can use it to scold our friends and stuff.. but in some countries ( I forgot which) .. if u mention that word.. they might even beat you up..

Same case with your 花痴 word..

But.. Please also understand that even though this word has that meaning in ur country.. it does not necessary have the same meaning over here in Singapore.. Meaning to say.. different countries have different culture.. N its good to learn more about other countries culture especially since Cindy always visit us and she is from China..

silverwhite
10-06-2006, 05:27 PM

I still have no idea why you think it has to necessarily be derogatory. I checked with the posters on the Chinese message board and they say that it's more often used to refer to guys/girls who think a lot about someone of the opposite sex than to refer to a mental illness. In fact, they say it can be complimentary sometimes. :shrug:

balloon
10-06-2006, 05:30 PM
I still have no idea why you think it has to necessarily be derogatory. I checked with the posters on the Chinese message board and they say that it's more often used to refer to guys/girls who think a lot about someone of the opposite sex than to refer to a mental illness. In fact, they say it can be complimentary sometimes. :shrug:

SW

Though the same word, people in different countries will look at it in different ways..

Then there is always the AGE gap and GENERATION gap of the people in the same countries..

So just accept it and take it as a learning experience!

silverwhite
10-06-2006, 05:37 PM
SW

Though the same word, people in different countries will look at it in different ways..

Then there is always the AGE gap and GENERATION gap of the people in the same countries..

So just accept it and take it as a learning experience!

What I wonder is if it's because
(1) the meaning of the term has changed over the years or
(2) the word has multiple meanings in the first place (eg. 花 might have the same meaning as in 花花公子).

If it's (1), then we have to accept that meanings of words change all the time. Eg. The word "gay" had a lot less connotations a century or so ago than it does now. If it's (2), then I think it's pretty clear that I wasn't referring to the derogatory meaning of the term when I mentioned it to Cindy. :shrug:

Lee
10-06-2006, 05:47 PM
I am not saying you intentionally doing that to Cindy, SW. And I do understand people use the term losely these days. I only want posters here understand the true meaning of the term and you can make your own judgement. Use it whenever or toward whoever you want. I am not sanctioning it and I won't delete or edit posts with the term unless the recipient against it.

And it's not exactly GENERATION things, balloon. When I was young and in college, there were other older terms that we didn't understand the true meaning and been using them losely. But we did stop when we finally knew what's behind the meaning. And it's because we respect others, thus respecting ourselves. So, it's a personaly choice. Yes, the meaning of the term changes over time but when there are other ways to express ourselves, why choose one that's tainted.

balloon
10-06-2006, 05:48 PM
What I wonder is if it's because
(1) the meaning of the term has changed over the years or
(2) the word has multiple meanings in the first place (eg. 花 might have the same meaning as in 花花公子).

If it's (1), then we have to accept that meanings of words change all the time. Eg. The word "gay" had a lot less connotations a century or so ago than it does now. If it's (2), then I think it's pretty clear that I wasn't referring to the derogatory meaning of the term when I mentioned it to Cindy. :shrug:

From my point of view after looking back at the threads u had with cindy..

When u use HC after cindy said that suzuki is not that hot, u defintely meant it as saying that cindy is flirting ( no offence cindy ) I mean anybody will be able to see that thats what SW meant, and EVEN if the word has double or triple or multiple meanings.. period

To Lee

' I believe it's still the same, no matter in which dialect. Probably people are less sensitive or not fully understand the meaning '

Well.. Are u sure thats the same meaning in Singapore too? If u say that the word has the meaning of sexually transmitted disease in HK, i will accept it.. But Singapore? My country where i have grown up for the past 22 yrs and the fact that i scored A for my chinese all the way to my uni life, coupled with the fact that I am from a chinese speaking family too..

'For my generation, that's a very derogatory word.'

As u pointed out, for ur generation.. thanks for explaining to us the meaning of the word..

Lee
10-06-2006, 05:54 PM
A good example is the term "China Man". When you look at it, it doesn't mean anything, even to someone my age. But if you look back to the history in North America in your great-grandfather's time, it was an insulting and degoratory term to a Chinese in North America.

balloon
10-06-2006, 05:57 PM
A good example is the term "China Man". When you look at it, it doesn't mean anything, even to someone my age. But if you look back to the history in North America in your great-grandfather's time, it was an insulting and degoratory term to a Chinese in North America.

well, out of topic..

but thats what me n my frens call the china guys who r real smart, forever studying.. scholars type in our course knowing perfectly well that it has a degoratory meaning to it..

Lee
10-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Well.. Are u sure thats the same meaning in Singapore too? If u say that the word has the meaning of sexually transmitted disease in HK, i will accept it.. But Singapore? My country where i have grown up for the past 22 yrs and the fact that i scored A for my chinese all the way to my uni life, coupled with the fact that I am from a chinese speaking family too..

I didn't learn the meaning of the term in school in Hong Kong and nobody used that term inside my house because it's not something you say toward your family members, right? There are many things that you won't be able to learn in school. Someone very good in Chinese does not necessary means he/she understand the term.

Lee
10-06-2006, 05:59 PM
well, out of topic..

but thats what me n my frens call the china guys who r real smart, forever studying.. scholars type in our course knowing perfectly well that it has a degoratory meaning to it..

Ouch. Refrain from using it when you're in North America :lol: but I think most of the people won't know it.

silverwhite
10-06-2006, 06:02 PM
The bottomline IMO is that given the context of the situation as well as the way the word is more often used today, it is safe to say that hardly anyone would think that I was referring to the old meaning of the word.

I think that it would be good to understand the process by which words evolve but I don't necessarily agree that we have to stubbornly cling onto the origins of words because language is about communication and if the way certain words are received changes, we should adjust accordingly. For example, people rarely say, "I am gay" instead of "I am happy" despite the origins of the word "gay" and that it used to be the equivalent of "happy".

balloon
10-06-2006, 06:09 PM
I didn't learn the meaning of the term in school in Hong Kong and nobody used that term inside my house because it's not something you say toward your family members, right? There are many things that you won't be able to learn in school. Someone very good in Chinese does not necessary means he/she understand the term.

Absolutely, i totally agree with ur last line..!

i m sure that if the word HC has such a meaning, my family will never let me even use the word too..

What i m pointing out is that..

1) Different countries have different translations to a SAME word
A perfectly good example of this is the use of the word Hongkie.. No offence to anybody from hongkong.. refer to someone from hongkong as a hongkie is perfectly fine perfectly alright for us in singapore, BUT hongkong people dun like to be referred to as that.. And Remember, no offence to anyone from hongkong, this is just for an example!

2) In my opinion, when u said ' Mind your manner SW' i find it very hurting and blown out of context. SW is one of the mildest guy i ever met, and i do not care if he minds it, but he certainly does not deserve such strong words from anybody, not even a moderator..

3) Lastly, let me thank you for teaching us a new word today!

Lee
10-06-2006, 06:17 PM
SW, I mentioned many times already. You can do whatever you feel is right and wanted to. And I has never criticized you about using that term toward Cindy. I only want to point out it means something else too. And I have said you can go on with using that term.

I only want people here understand the other meaning of the term in the beginning and has no intention to make it a debate. Sorry for intruding into the Singaporean thread. :wavey:

Lee
10-06-2006, 06:21 PM
2) In my opinion, when u said ' Mind your manner SW' i find it very hurting and blown out of context. SW is one of the mildest guy i ever met, and i do not care if he minds it, but he certainly does not deserve such strong words from anybody, not even a moderator..

Ouch, if I used ;) instead of :o with the phrase, will it be better? :o

balloon
10-06-2006, 06:23 PM
"I am gay" instead of "I am happy" despite the origins of the word "gay" and that it used to be the equivalent of "happy".

I know u r gay..
Suspected it long ago when u started flirting with me :)

silverwhite
10-06-2006, 06:24 PM
I know u r gay..
Suspected it long ago when u started flirting with me :)

I NEED A NEEDLE!!!

balloon
10-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Ouch, if I used ;) instead of :o with the phrase, will it be better? :o

defintely
to be honest, i really respect SW's replies to the thread after you told him to mind his manners.. he certainly has a calm temper and a cool head, which makes me even more pissed when i saw ur reply..

if i were in sw shoes, there will certainly b a war in the spore forum right now.. :) :wavey:

balloon
10-06-2006, 06:26 PM
I NEED A NEEDLE!!!

come on~
u said it urself..
b a gentleman n own up..
we r living in the 21st century dude!

but errr, sorry.. pls dun aim me, i m only interested in gals~ :)

silverwhite
10-06-2006, 06:30 PM
come on~
u said it urself..
b a gentleman n own up..
we r living in the 21st century dude!

but errr, sorry.. pls dun aim me, i m only interested in gals~ :)

Girls are not interested in inanimate objects though :tape:

balloon
10-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Girls are not interested in inanimate objects though :tape:

i m not interested in u la!!
let me off pls :help:

silverwhite
10-06-2006, 06:35 PM
:cuckoo:

Want me to call Woodbridge?

balloon
10-06-2006, 06:36 PM
:cuckoo:

Want me to call Woodbridge?

last i heard, woodbridge dun accept gays

tml u go gay club la.. let me off la!! pls laaa!!!!

:p

silverwhite
10-06-2006, 06:42 PM
last i heard, woodbridge dun accept gays

tml u go gay club la.. let me off la!! pls laaa!!!!

:p

Orh... So they won't accept you lah. Poor thing. :sad:

Are you saying that one would find you at a gay club? :spit:

balloon
10-06-2006, 06:45 PM
The bottomline IMO is that given the context of the situation as well as the way the word is more often used today, it is safe to say that hardly anyone would think that I was referring to the old meaning of the word.

I think that it would be good to understand the process by which words evolve but I don't necessarily agree that we have to stubbornly cling onto the origins of words because language is about communication and if the way certain words are received changes, we should adjust accordingly. For example, people rarely say, "I am gay" instead of "I am happy" despite the origins of the word "gay" and that it used to be the equivalent of "happy".

Latest News!!

Silverwhite goes one big round to reveal a secret to us..

silverwhite
10-06-2006, 06:47 PM
:fiery: :fiery:

You want to be a hot air balloon? :mad:

balloon
10-06-2006, 06:48 PM
:fiery: :fiery:

You want to be a hot air balloon? :mad:

if can change my nick i dun mind changin to hot air balloon~

lalalalalalalalalalalala

finish discussin pjt liao.. night!

silverwhite
10-06-2006, 06:51 PM
if can change my nick i dun mind changin to hot air balloon~

lalalalalalalalalalalala

finish discussin pjt liao.. night!

:rolls:

Good riddance! :wavey:

PennyThePenguin
10-07-2006, 01:45 AM
come on!
let the psi reach 100!!

:fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

reach 100 no sch leh

i'd rather go to school than breathe in this muck lor! woke up in the morning and it was the first thing I smelt. and stupid weather report still in DENIAL and saying it's only 80 on the PSI

PennyThePenguin
10-07-2006, 01:46 AM
hmm..latest PSI as of 9am is 119 :scared:

PennyThePenguin
10-07-2006, 02:13 AM
:bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

10am PSI at 130!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

silverwhite
10-07-2006, 04:55 AM
:speakles:

silverwhite
10-07-2006, 04:56 AM
How do you check, BTW? :p

PennyThePenguin
10-07-2006, 05:56 AM
www.nea.gov.sg/psi

balloon
10-07-2006, 08:52 AM
jus got home n it dropped to 80.. sighs

target for sunday : 150

Cindy19
10-07-2006, 09:12 AM
现在的空气没那么新鲜了。因为雾好浓啊!!!!!:scared: :scared: 空气污染指数上得比云霄飞车还快!!!!!又不见得股票上得那么快!!:ras: :ras: :ras:

总比上海好吧,上海的天比以前是蓝多了,但跟新加坡比起来,光从照片上看就差了许多.

股票?股市有风险,入市需谨慎.:p

silverwhite
10-07-2006, 10:39 AM

:spit:

Looks like it's always quite high in the morning so we might have a chance ;)

PennyThePenguin
10-07-2006, 10:47 AM
总比上海好吧,上海的天比以前是蓝多了,但跟新加坡比起来,光从照片上看就差了许多.

股票?股市有风险,入市需谨慎.:p

:lol:

balloon
10-07-2006, 10:49 AM
look out of e window
is real real hazy

150 shouldnt b a problem.. i m raising it to 170

Cindy19
10-07-2006, 10:51 AM

还是养企鹅比较安全.:p

PennyThePenguin
10-07-2006, 10:51 AM
:D cute and cuddly

Cindy19
10-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Can I have one?

silverwhite
10-07-2006, 10:57 AM
look out of e window
is real real hazy

150 shouldnt b a problem.. i m raising it to 170

I heard the PSI has to be over 100 over a 24-hour period :rolleyes:

balloon
10-07-2006, 10:58 AM
eh
fed vs henman final.. best of 3 or best of 5?

PennyThePenguin
10-07-2006, 10:59 AM
*hmm.....are you very sure you can take good care of the little penny?

PennyThePenguin
10-07-2006, 11:00 AM
I heard the PSI has to be over 100 over a 24-hour period :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: geeeee

silverwhite
10-07-2006, 11:02 AM
eh
fed vs henman final.. best of 3 or best of 5?

Should be best of 3

Cindy19
10-07-2006, 11:02 AM
*hmm.....are you very sure you can take good care of the little penny?

I promise, i will treat them like what my parents did to me.

so Can I?

PennyThePenguin
10-07-2006, 11:04 AM
I promise, i will treat them like what my parents did to me.

so Can I?

*considers* have you prepared the cold room? with carefully controlled temperature? and ice blocks, and cold swimming pool? and OOOH FISH ICE CREAM!!! :p

Cindy19
10-07-2006, 11:28 AM
*considers* have you prepared the cold room? with carefully controlled temperature? and ice blocks, and cold swimming pool? and OOOH FISH ICE CREAM!!! :p

Yes, i am ready, i borrowed iceborg from PennythePenguin, and brought the fish ice cream from her too, so i just hope i could have one plz.

PennyThePenguin
10-07-2006, 11:31 AM
hmmm.....u seem quite well prepared....ok then..i've a few here for you to pick from....... take your time to pick!!!

http://www.siec.k12.in.us/%7Ewest/proj/penguins/images/emperor1.jpghttp://www.siec.k12.in.us/%7Ewest/proj/penguins/images/adelie3.gifhttp://www.siec.k12.in.us/%7Ewest/proj/penguins/images/gent5.jpghttp://www.siec.k12.in.us/%7Ewest/proj/penguins/images/rock8.jpg

silverwhite
10-07-2006, 11:42 AM
:spit:

I want one of those in your avatar :devil:

PennyThePenguin
10-07-2006, 11:43 AM
in your own words: :ras:

silverwhite
10-07-2006, 11:44 AM
That must be a yes :D

PennyThePenguin
10-07-2006, 11:46 AM
these are aussie fairy penguins :)

Cindy19
10-07-2006, 11:52 AM
I want the thrid one. and Sw, you can not have a penguin, coz i am sure they don't like :ras:

PennyThePenguin
10-07-2006, 11:55 AM
I want the thrid one. and Sw, you can not have a penguin, coz i am sure they don't like :ras:

:yeah: good choice!
that's the gentoo penguin. live in the antarctic region but also in the falklands :)

http://www.siec.k12.in.us/~west/proj/penguins/gentoo2.html

Cindy19
10-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Hey the website is cool, thanks

Gentoo pegnuins are adorable.

PennyThePenguin
10-07-2006, 12:18 PM
8pm latest: PSI 143

:bolt: :bolt:

Cindy19
10-07-2006, 12:27 PM
whats that?

PennyThePenguin
10-07-2006, 12:28 PM
pollution index.... :crying2:

Cindy19
10-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Wooooo. but Singapore is very clean la, don't worry about that i bet your government will work it out!

PennyThePenguin
10-07-2006, 12:30 PM
they can't....:bigcry: it's blowing here from indonesia :awww:

Cindy19
10-07-2006, 12:32 PM
well, don't worry, i have another plan, why not move to shanghai?

PennyThePenguin
10-07-2006, 12:32 PM
oooh...do you have tickets for masters cup? lol

Cindy19
10-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Yes I have, why do you ask this? Come here for the TMC?

PennyThePenguin
10-07-2006, 12:35 PM
YES!!! :haha: :haha: :haha: kidding lah.

Cindy19
10-07-2006, 12:40 PM
Dreams might come ture la.

next year?

ataptc
10-07-2006, 12:44 PM
I hate the smoke. I want to run outdoors :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

PennyThePenguin
10-07-2006, 12:46 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug: i just want to be able to open the windows for now :sad:

ataptc
10-07-2006, 12:50 PM
oh yes it 's so stuffy here since not every room in my house has air-con :o i long to breathe in fresh air!!!

Cindy19
10-07-2006, 12:52 PM
I worried about SW, coz he always lets his tongue out like this :ras:

ataptc
10-07-2006, 12:58 PM
:lol: so he's always breathing in the bad air?

PennyThePenguin
10-07-2006, 01:10 PM
RED ALERT RED ALERT!!!!!

as of 9pm: 3-hour PSI reading hits 150!!!!!!!

Cindy19
10-07-2006, 01:14 PM
:lol: so he's always breathing in the bad air?

so he becomes :retard: and :silly: haha

ataptc
10-07-2006, 01:32 PM
RED ALERT RED ALERT!!!!!

as of 9pm: 3-hour PSI reading hits 150!!!!!!!

:tears: :tears: :tears:

Are you happy now Balloon?

ataptc
10-07-2006, 01:32 PM
so he becomes :retard: and :silly: haha

silverwhite
10-07-2006, 01:43 PM
I worried about SW, coz he always lets his tongue out like this :ras:

I live in the central region, where it's not so bad :p

silverwhite
10-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Gasquet/Santoro def (1) Fyrenstenberg/Matkowski 5-7 7-6(1) 10-6 :woohoo:

ataptc
10-07-2006, 01:47 PM
meaning the haze isn't as bad? are you kidding?

balloon
10-07-2006, 01:49 PM
:tears: :tears: :tears:

Are you happy now Balloon?

no words can describe my happiness

balloon
10-07-2006, 01:51 PM

i shuld change my target to 170 for sunday~

300 then no sch, still long way to go! hai

ataptc
10-07-2006, 01:51 PM
what's up with so many schools contracting food poisoning?

anyway the lack of fresh air is giving me a headache, gonna :zzz: now i really hope the haze clears off soon. God, I'm actually hoping for rain!

Night everyone!

balloon
10-07-2006, 01:52 PM

apparently punggol is experiencing v bad haze

ataptc
10-07-2006, 01:52 PM

:fiery: I will die even before it reaches 300. God-forbid!

silverwhite
10-07-2006, 01:53 PM

It's slightly better, apparently :shrug:

ataptc
10-07-2006, 01:54 PM
okay thank goodness i'm living in central region too and not in punggol.

silverwhite
10-07-2006, 01:54 PM

300? I thought 100 over a 24-hour period? :confused:

balloon
10-07-2006, 02:04 PM
300? I thought 100 over a 24-hour period? :confused:

apparently not..
i saw e news on 5..

101 - 200 .. means PE r cancelled

300 n above.. schs may b tempoarily closed.

so jus hafta pray that it reach 301 for a few hours n no sch!
woohoo!

balloon
10-07-2006, 02:05 PM
people..

watch stuck on u!

i watch b4.. is a v funny show!

silverwhite
10-08-2006, 04:58 AM
Cindy, 你可以帮我投小加一票吗?:D

http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=578

silverwhite
10-08-2006, 05:00 AM
啊,已经赢了 :D

Cindy19
10-08-2006, 05:07 AM
Cindy, 你可以帮我投小加一票吗?:D

http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=578

为了加加我什么都会做的啦!:p

Cindy19
10-08-2006, 05:08 AM
啊,已经赢了 :D

再投一个,多点有面子;)

silverwhite
10-08-2006, 05:15 AM
:rolls:

谢谢! :yeah:

Cindy19
10-08-2006, 05:23 AM
以后交点艰巨点的给我拉哈哈

PennyThePenguin
10-08-2006, 12:48 PM
waaaah!!!! today's weather very good ah!!! so weird!

Suzi
10-08-2006, 01:04 PM
lol same here and its october :o

PennyThePenguin
10-08-2006, 01:06 PM
lol...that's good...for us. the haze retreated last night to give us CLEAR SKIES!!!! or...relatively clear skies rather :o

Suzi
10-08-2006, 01:07 PM
normally it be monsoons here :p

PennyThePenguin
10-08-2006, 01:08 PM
I would have like a HUUGGGEEE THUNDERSTORM yesterday to clear up the haze :p

Suzi
10-08-2006, 01:13 PM
ahh, thats wot i dont like about over there is the muggyness of it all, like one min its typhoons then the next its nice and hot, humid, muggyness

silverwhite
10-08-2006, 01:49 PM
I wonder why the haze disappeared all of a sudden :scratch:

PennyThePenguin
10-08-2006, 03:03 PM
dunno...mary poppins appeared and got the wind to chase the haze away maybe

balloon
10-08-2006, 03:03 PM
I wonder why the haze disappeared all of a sudden :scratch:

the wind blew it away

balloon
10-08-2006, 04:34 PM
sw time to change the thread to happy deepavali!

silverwhite
10-08-2006, 04:36 PM
When's the exact date ah? And when's Hari Raya?

balloon
10-08-2006, 04:42 PM
When's the exact date ah? And when's Hari Raya?

check calendar..
its v close to each other, public holidays

ataptc
10-09-2006, 02:03 AM
:yippee: not much haze for the past two days!

silverwhite
10-09-2006, 07:25 AM
balloon must be so disappointed :haha:

ataptc
10-09-2006, 08:11 AM
:lol: I find it weird that I'm only sniffing today and not like Sunday when the haze was so horrendous :scratch:

bad gambler
10-09-2006, 08:14 AM
Too early for Deepavali celebrations ;)

silverwhite
10-09-2006, 08:54 AM
I know it's around two weeks from now but it's never too early ;)

silverwhite
10-09-2006, 10:54 AM
ROFLMAO :haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRpcrYuBnVA

Betty
10-09-2006, 11:17 AM
what are Deepavali celebrations :o
SW :kiss:

silverwhite
10-09-2006, 11:30 AM
vSis :kiss:

Deepavali is an Indian festival. ;)

PennyThePenguin
10-09-2006, 02:30 PM
deepavali's on the 21st :) and hari raya's uhm..the tuesday after that i think, which makes it the...24th i think.

silverwhite
10-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Saturday, so no holiday :ras: :(

PennyThePenguin
10-09-2006, 04:20 PM
but I got double pay for my temp work :)

and that video you posted is :haha: :haha: can die laughing ahhh!!!!

PennyThePenguin
10-09-2006, 04:20 PM
and oooh MARAT HAS A BLOG MARAT HAS A BLOG MARAT HAS A BLOG!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

silverwhite
10-09-2006, 04:57 PM
but I got double pay for my temp work :)

and that video you posted is :haha: :haha: can die laughing ahhh!!!!

What kind of work? :p You impressed your bosses that much ah? :worship:

Yah lor. Hossan Leong :spit:

silverwhite
10-09-2006, 05:02 PM
and oooh MARAT HAS A BLOG MARAT HAS A BLOG MARAT HAS A BLOG!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:bounce:

Can't wait to read his first entry. :p

PennyThePenguin
10-10-2006, 10:45 AM
part time work lah....public holiday they MUST pay more mah. hahahaha.

silverwhite
10-10-2006, 11:15 AM
What sort of work? :p

PennyThePenguin
10-10-2006, 11:16 AM
roadshow for drug company ;)

silverwhite
10-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Peddling drugs? :eek: :p

balloon
10-10-2006, 12:05 PM
got subutex?

silverwhite
10-10-2006, 12:31 PM
balloon :tape:

PennyThePenguin
10-10-2006, 01:13 PM
subutex ah? goooot ;) how much you want? :p

SW...it's a baby vaccine :)

balloon
10-10-2006, 03:28 PM
i was watchin the 9pm ch 8 show jus now.. today 2nd episode.. with the fiona xie n the yvonne lim that one

n hong huifang said this '她还没有结婚,你又这么帅,难免她会发花痴'

guess i betta call up mediacorp n complain, publish in the straits times on the use of bad language..

jus hate it when people come n act smart over here..

silverwhite
10-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Yah lah yah lah, you're the only one who can act smart. :lol:

balloon
10-10-2006, 04:56 PM
Yah lah yah lah, you're the only one who can act smart. :lol:

u muz go to NS soon n let the mosquitoes in tekong instill a sense of loyalty in u!

silverwhite
10-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Huh? I don't see the connection. :scratch:

balloon
10-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Huh? I don't see the connection. :scratch:

i cant stand it when a FOREIGNER come n teach me stuff..

balloon
10-10-2006, 05:06 PM
let me rephrase

i cant stand it when a foreigner come in and start acting like a big boss, critisizing us on words that we use which have a negative meaning in THEIR country..

silverwhite
10-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Aiyoh. Why you so sensitive one? :o

silverwhite
10-10-2006, 05:59 PM
Both of us lost our TT matches by ranking :help:

balloon
10-11-2006, 01:41 AM
Both of us lost our TT matches by ranking :help:

i lost to ur doubles partner :devil:

silverwhite
10-11-2006, 08:25 AM
I'm happy for him :lol:

PennyThePenguin
10-11-2006, 10:09 AM
aiyah. balloon....why you so sensitive? my name's a bad word in olden english you know.....it's important to understand these things mah. later you visit other countries kena hantam how? like me...maybe some old englishman/woman will decide to murder me when I introduce myself how?

balloon
10-11-2006, 12:05 PM
aiyah. balloon....why you so sensitive? my name's a bad word in olden english you know.....it's important to understand these things mah. later you visit other countries kena hantam how? like me...maybe some old englishman/woman will decide to murder me when I introduce myself how?

i haf nothing against learning new meanings of existing words hor..

i jus dun like the tone

ataptc
10-12-2006, 06:01 AM
Lee is a nice person. It's just that she feels strongly about the word, leading to her tone. Don't misunderstand!

silverwhite
10-12-2006, 06:04 AM
I agree ;)

silverwhite
10-13-2006, 03:50 PM
This thread is so dead :help:

Hola Mr. SK
10-13-2006, 04:04 PM
here comes the saver! :lol:

Hola Mr. SK
10-13-2006, 04:07 PM
how have u been,Mr. SW

silverwhite
10-13-2006, 04:08 PM
skykisser :wavey:

好久不见!:D

Hola Mr. SK
10-13-2006, 04:12 PM
:wavey:
呵呵,忙考试呢,还没忙完...
那么晚还不睡哈!

Hola Mr. SK
10-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Deepavali, Festival of Lights 什么节日哈?

silverwhite
10-13-2006, 04:25 PM
印度人的屠妖节 ;)

Hola Mr. SK
10-13-2006, 04:33 PM
哇靠,还以为是什么灯节呢.:lol: 新加坡有这种节日?:eek:

Hola Mr. SK
10-13-2006, 04:50 PM
Good night, Mr SW :hatoff:

silverwhite
10-13-2006, 07:58 PM
哇靠,还以为是什么灯节呢.:lol: 新加坡有这种节日?:eek:

屠妖节的时候他们会点油灯 ;) 华人,马来人,印度人和洋人的节日我们多多少少都有庆祝。:p

PennyThePenguin
10-14-2006, 01:56 AM
HEEEELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! very tired..*sigh*

ataptc
10-14-2006, 02:04 AM
hello! very awake here :p why so tired jiat?

PennyThePenguin
10-14-2006, 02:25 AM
just tired....*sigh* always tired....*sigh*

ataptc
10-14-2006, 03:47 AM
final year projects taking a toil on you? :hug:

PennyThePenguin
10-14-2006, 12:54 PM
yeah..i think so....*sigh*

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 01:54 PM
屠妖节的时候他们会点油灯 ;) 华人,马来人,印度人和洋人的节日我们多多少少都有庆祝。:p

我早说了,你放假特别多,你还不承认.

不过话说回来,新加坡过节的气氛都特别浓,年初的时候那边的新年感觉比国内浓多了.中秋也是, 真希望中秋也在这里过.

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 01:56 PM
还有就是,上次来的时候正好碰上印度人过什么节,我也不知道,就看到他们大的小的老的少的都在头上涂一种黄 黄的东西,也不知道为什么,也不敢问,因为怕有文化上的差异,而且看他们个个表情都特别严肃.

PennyThePenguin
10-14-2006, 02:00 PM
were they carrying these huge ornamental things and walking along the streets?

silverwhite
10-14-2006, 02:05 PM
我早说了,你放假特别多,你还不承认.

不过话说回来,新加坡过节的气氛都特别浓,年初的时候那边的新年感觉比国内浓多了.中秋也是, 真希望中秋也在这里过.

但政府限制哪个节日可以放假 - 华人节日,马来节日,印度节日,洋人假日各限于两天的假期。 我们华人有那么多节日,但只能放两天假,而政府选择了新年的初一和初二。:rolleyes:

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 02:10 PM
但政府限制哪个节日可以放假 - 华人节日,马来节日,印度节日,洋人假日各限于两天的假期。 我们华人有那么多节日,但只能放两天假,而政府选择了新年的初一和初二。:rolleyes:

是不是大家都只有两天啊,还是我们节日多放的少啊.还有啊,我很奇怪印度人居然会讲中文.:e ek:

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 02:11 PM
哎呀,这个加加的头不好看啦,没你以前的几个好看,这个表情好象他便秘了一样.....

silverwhite
10-14-2006, 02:22 PM
是不是大家都只有两天啊,还是我们节日多放的少啊.还有啊,我很奇怪印度人居然会讲中文.:e ek:

有些印度人选择在学校修中文 ;)

silverwhite
10-14-2006, 02:24 PM
哎呀,这个加加的头不好看啦,没你以前的几个好看,这个表情好象他便秘了一样.....

这个表情和以前那几个没什么分别,只是能看清楚一点。 :p

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 02:25 PM
你会不会印度语啊?

顺便说一句,今天不会早睡觉的啦!

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 02:26 PM
这个表情和以前那几个没什么分别,只是能看清楚一点。 :p

没有吧,你以前的好的很呢.

我真的很想加加来上海,年初的时候真的有希望,可没想到后来居然伤了.再等个365天啊...

silverwhite
10-14-2006, 02:27 PM
你会不会印度语啊?

顺便说一句,今天不会早睡觉的啦!

当然不会啦 :haha: 我们在学校需要修母语,但有些印度人选择修中文为母语 :lol:

silverwhite
10-14-2006, 02:32 PM
没有吧,你以前的好的很呢.

我真的很想加加来上海,年初的时候真的有希望,可没想到后来居然伤了.再等个365天啊...

我比较喜欢这个 :ras:

我对他不再抱太大的期望了 :o

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 02:41 PM
当然不会啦 :haha: 我们在学校需要修母语,但有些印度人选择修中文为母语 :lol:

那马来语总会一点吧

我知道那句撒拉吗噶冷:p

Suzi
10-14-2006, 02:42 PM
its really wierd, even though im canto when i read some of the stuff u write i read it in mando strange :p

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 02:43 PM
我比较喜欢这个 :ras:

我对他不再抱太大的期望了 :o

干什么啦,空气指标已经下来了,还把舌头伸在外面. :ras:

怎么又不抱希望了? 听说过一句话吗,叫在希望中等待在等待中希望.
我就不相信他来不了,说不定哪天他老了来上海旅游也可以啊:haha:

silverwhite
10-14-2006, 02:44 PM
那马来语总会一点吧

我知道那句撒拉吗噶冷:p

我只认识几个字 :o

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 02:45 PM
its really wierd, even though im canto when i read some of the stuff u write i read it in mando strange :p

is that Kang Ta?:(

silverwhite
10-14-2006, 02:45 PM

I wouldn't know. You've to ask Lee. :p

silverwhite
10-14-2006, 02:46 PM
干什么啦,空气指标已经下来了,还把舌头伸在外面. :ras:

怎么又不抱希望了? 听说过一句话吗,叫在希望中等待在等待中希望.
我就不相信他来不了,说不定哪天他老了来上海旅游也可以啊:haha:

期望越大,失望越大 :o

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 02:46 PM
我只认识几个字 :o

我说的这句你看的明白吗?

Suzi
10-14-2006, 02:47 PM
is that Kang Ta?:(

wot my av! NO WAY kangta a girly wirly korean lady boy ewwwww no way!

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 02:47 PM
期望越大,失望越大 :o

你今天晚饭吃什么啦?怎么一下子变的这么悲观啊:confused:

silverwhite
10-14-2006, 02:49 PM
我说的这句你看的明白吗?

Selamat 我明白,第二个字就... :scratch:

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 02:49 PM
wot my av! NO WAY kangta a girly wirly korean lady boy ewwwww no way!

Kang Ta is a freak. I hate this kind, so i was shocked coz the guy looked like him, i thought you wont like this kind:confused:

silverwhite
10-14-2006, 02:50 PM
你今天晚饭吃什么啦?怎么一下子变的这么悲观啊:confused:

我向来都很悲观 :o

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 02:50 PM
Selamat 我明白,第二个字就... :scratch:

"再见"的意思啊
SALAMAGALENG

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 02:51 PM
我向来都很悲观 :o

今天是不是SW的哥哥啊,好象不对啊:confused:

silverwhite
10-14-2006, 02:53 PM
"再见"的意思啊
SALAMAGALENG

好像听说过 :lol:

Suzi
10-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Kang Ta is a freak. I hate this kind, so i was shocked coz the guy looked like him, i thought you wont like this kind:confused:

i hate girly boys when i was in HK everywhere was about the girly duo of kangta and vaness (i mean that name just says it all :p )

nah my av is 賀軍翔

silverwhite
10-14-2006, 02:54 PM
今天是不是SW的哥哥啊,好象不对啊:confused:

我是说真的!:o

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 02:55 PM
好像听说过 :lol:

你不会吧!

我出关的时候就跟边检说这句,他老人家终于在涂了胶水的脸上露出了一丝微笑:rolleyes :

silverwhite
10-14-2006, 02:57 PM
Suzi: Have you heard of 封神榜?I've been watching it this week. :p

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 02:58 PM
i hate girly boys when i was in HK everywhere was about the girly duo of kangta and vaness (i mean that name just says it all :p )

nah my av is 賀軍翔

Vaness 吴建豪? oh.....F4 is rubbish. When i was in high school, there were two H.O.T fans in my class, they acted themselves like idiots. Eveyone has different idols, but i just can't believe why do people like that kind. FREAKY!

賀軍翔? No clue, but Suzi, Scott is better.

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 02:59 PM
我是说真的!:o

无论是你说话的方式跟你的头,都不象啊,以前也不觉得.刚开始我就觉得你是个小姑娘,别的没什 么:lol:

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 03:01 PM
封神榜蛮老的,我还在幼稚园的时候, 嘴里含手帕的时候看的.现在不知道了,不过好象听说过。

silverwhite
10-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Vaness 吴建豪? oh.....F4 is rubbish. When i was in high school, there were two H.O.T fans in my class, they acted themselves like idiots. Eveyone has different idols, but i just can't believe why do people like that kind. FREAKY!

賀軍翔? No clue, but Suzi, Scott is better.

F4, 5566, Energy... 通通都是rubbish :o

Suzi
10-14-2006, 03:02 PM
umm no, im currently watching 惡魔在身邊 :p

Suzi
10-14-2006, 03:03 PM
yeah all of em are crap but i still think zai zai is hot even if he can't sing lolz :p

silverwhite
10-14-2006, 03:04 PM
无论是你说话的方式跟你的头,都不象啊,以前也不觉得.刚开始我就觉得你是个小姑娘,别的没什 么:lol:

你可以问网论的人。他们都称我为“泼水大仙” :lol:

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 03:05 PM
F4, 5566, Energy... 通通都是rubbish :o

:lol: 你当心引起公愤哦,不过你的观点我很支持

还有信乐团,南拳妈妈...

我还是喜欢以前的无印良品

silverwhite
10-14-2006, 03:07 PM
封神榜蛮老的,我还在幼稚园的时候, 嘴里含手帕的时候看的.现在不知道了,不过好象听说过。

我是指香港版的 :p

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 03:07 PM
你可以问网论的人。他们都称我为“泼水大仙” :lol:

:lol:看来刚开始的时候也不能怪我,仙子嘛,花仙子啊什么的都是女的, 对吧:p

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 03:08 PM
我是指香港版的 :p

是不是有陈冠希啊:cool:

balloon
可以不要用华语吗?
我看了很晕

Cindy19
yeah all of em are crap but i still think zai zai is hot even if he can't sing lolz :p

zai zai is ok, but he is girly. I prefer Leo Ku

silverwhite
10-14-2006, 03:09 PM
:lol: 你当心引起公愤哦,不过你的观点我很支持

还有信乐团,南拳妈妈...

我还是喜欢以前的无印良品

我喜欢光良的那首童话 :D

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 03:09 PM
可以不要用华语吗?
我看了很晕

要我送你去医院吗?还是自己去?:o

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 03:10 PM
我喜欢光良的那首童话 :D

我用这个做手机铃声的:p

Suzi
zai zai is ok, but he is girly. I prefer Leo Ku

i like his songs, but nooooooooot in looks, my mum can't stand him esp the song wen he says theres a cat theres a dog song thing :p

silverwhite
:lol:看来刚开始的时候也不能怪我,仙子嘛,花仙子啊什么的都是女的, 对吧:p

神仙也有男的 :ras:

silverwhite
10-14-2006, 03:11 PM
是不是有陈冠希啊:cool:

陈冠希饰演哪一个角色?:confused:

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 03:11 PM
神仙也有男的 :ras:

就象人家说天使是男的一样.;)

哦,神仙哥哥:lol:

silverwhite
10-14-2006, 03:12 PM
可以不要用华语吗?
我看了很晕

会说华语的韩国人来了 :bounce:

Cindy19
10-14-2006, 03:13 PM
i like his songs, but nooooooooot in looks, my mum can't stand him esp the song wen he says theres a cat theres a dog song thing :p

No la, i love his voice, but i hate he played with Zhao wei!:mad:

:lol: theres a cat theres a dong:haha:

silverwhite
我发现我最爱看的是港剧 :lol:

balloon
要我送你去医院吗?还是自己去?:o

你有良心的话就送我去!!

Cindy19
陈冠希饰演哪一个角色?:confused: