Problems with MTF [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Problems with MTF

<Eve>
03-16-2006, 10:24 PM
:wavey: I know this is not a thread for this forum, so neely you can delete it soon ;), but i just wanted to tell everyone that Mae & me are having problems with posting on this board!

We have had the same problems like 2 months ago, and today it started again! So if we're not posting anymore, you know the reason! :rolleyes:

Neely
03-17-2006, 12:15 AM
I've done a little test about Gravity's theory about the crashes:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=3220606&postcount=44

TommyGirl, after my little test I think that your and others' signatures which are using foreign, external smileys are causing the crashes on some systems.

So everybody who is suffering from it, I can only advise you to do the same like me, namely switching off the display of signatures (USER CP --> Edit Options --> Thread Display Options) and see if the crashes still occur when you see no signatures (or foreign smileys somewhere else in the thread) at all.

03-17-2006, 02:43 AM
I've done a little test about Gravity's theory about the crashes:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=3220606&postcount=44

TommyGirl, after my little test I think that your and others' signatures which are using foreign, external smileys are causing the crashes on some systems.

So everybody who is suffering from it, I can only advise you to do the same like me, namely switching off the display of signatures (USER CP --> Edit Options --> Thread Display Options) and see if the crashes still occur when you see no signatures (or foreign smileys somewhere else in the thread) at all.
Neely you are right it does work, but I like seeing posters' signatures and I like them seeing mine! Can the problems with the signatures be isolated so people could take them out so we all could see signatures again? My signature just has typing in it so I don't see how it can be a problem.

Neely
03-17-2006, 10:59 AM
Neely you are right it does work, but I like seeing posters' signatures and I like them seeing mine! Can the problems with the signatures be isolated so people could take them out so we all could see signatures again? My signature just has typing in it so I don't see how it can be a problem.
Of course that could be done, first we have to spot those whose signatures causes troubles and then announce so that these people can change their signatures and remove the suspicious smileys.

<Eve>
03-17-2006, 11:07 AM
ok guys!
i think it worked... gravity deleted my (complete) signature and i believe it works!!

sorry to everybody!!

too bad, it's one of the things i really liked about the premium membership!!
boohoo :bigcry:

03-17-2006, 05:12 PM
ok guys!
i think it worked... gravity deleted my (complete) signature and i believe it works!!

sorry to everybody!!

too bad, it's one of the things i really liked about the premium membership!!
boohoo :bigcry:
Tommy Girl everyone can have a signature. The signature is what people have under their posts. The thing that got me was when I heard signature I thought of a name. So I didn't understand when I first joined and people were posting about putting things in the signature. I thought how in the world could you put things in your name--LOL. I was really mixed-up on that one :confused: You probably just didn't know that you could put things in your signature before you got you're premium membership. And I feel sure you could put like "Auf gehts Tommy" in your signature because that would just be typing and it shouldn't cause any trouble.

Fee
03-17-2006, 06:14 PM
It's not the signature, it's some of the things that people put in their signatures. People who have premium memberships can put graphics and photos in there that the rest of us can't use. Some of those graphics have caused problems, depending on which site the graphics come from.

I started having problems in this forum a few days ago too and it was the first time it had happened to me. I'm glad it's all fixed now.

03-17-2006, 07:00 PM
It's not the signature, it's some of the things that people put in their signatures. People who have premium memberships can put graphics and photos in there that the rest of us can't use. Some of those graphics have caused problems, depending on which site the graphics come from.

I started having problems in this forum a few days ago too and it was the first time it had happened to me. I'm glad it's all fixed now.
I personally think everyone should only use what is available here at the MTF. Of course, that is easy for me to say because while I am a premium member my equipment won't let me put in anything extra :sad: In fact it won't even let me use all the Smilies that are available on the MTF. Because there are a whole lot of Smilies, but you have to hit the word "More" to have them come up. But once they are up due to my equipment I can't move them to my post. So I just have to use the ones right beside where I'm posting :sad: That is why Fee I used the " :rolleyes: " so much because I don't have much in the way of choices I can use :sad:

Fee
03-17-2006, 07:51 PM
Oh Mae, that's easily solved. All of the smilies are either word codes or punctuation codes that you can type in, you don't have to just click on the icon. Most of them are words like sad or fiery with a : on each side like this : secret : without the spaces is :secret:.

You can open up the full smilie code list as a seperate page and write down the codes of the ones you like. Here's the link:

http://menstennisforums.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=0&forumid=32

If that doesn't help, let us know and we can type up the list for you. No one should be smilie deprived! :lol:

03-17-2006, 10:27 PM
Oh Mae, that's easily solved. All of the smilies are either word codes or punctuation codes that you can type in, you don't have to just click on the icon. Most of them are words like sad or fiery with a : on each side like this : secret : without the spaces is :secret:.

You can open up the full smilie code list as a seperate page and write down the codes of the ones you like. Here's the link:

http://menstennisforums.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=0&forumid=32

If that doesn't help, let us know and we can type up the list for you. No one should be smilie deprived! :lol:
Fee your are wonderful :worship: ;) I had no idea that the
smillies could be done that way! I will give it a try and see if it works with this equipment of mine!

03-17-2006, 10:31 PM
:bowdown: :bigclap: Fee it worked :worship: Thank you so much :cool:

Fee
03-18-2006, 12:49 AM
:woohoo: :yippee: :banana:

(three of my favs, woohoo, yippee and banana)

03-18-2006, 05:14 AM
:woohoo:

Jogy
03-18-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm glad that problem is over for you! :)
Thanks Neely for making the tests to trace source of problem :hug:

03-19-2006, 01:04 AM
Yes we are lucky to have Neely :) Amanda :) and gravity :) to help us ;) But I have never heard from jazz_girl :confused: