The "ok, get some cheetos, drill some forehands, and don't upset Jen" Miami Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The "ok, get some cheetos, drill some forehands, and don't upset Jen" Miami Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Deboogle!.
03-16-2006, 01:08 AM
Title says it all.

:armed:

morningglory
03-16-2006, 01:10 AM
what if he draws Marat 1st rnd? :devil: :lol:
D E A T H

acoffeygirl
03-16-2006, 01:13 AM
As long as he doesn't retire during his first match, he'll do better than last year!! :sobbing:

Jennay
03-16-2006, 01:15 AM
Debbles :hug: :hug: :(

ELEVEN DAYS!! :rocker2: Unless he pulls out for some retarded reason, I'll see him. :unsure:

Deboogle!.
I'd rather him retire than pull the shit he pulled today.

rofe
As long as he doesn't retire during his first match, he'll do better than last year!! :sobbing:

He will probably play Bye again and win a really close match to advance to the 2nd round. :sobbing:

guida
03-16-2006, 01:17 AM
:help:

Jennay
03-16-2006, 01:17 AM
I'd rather him retire than pull the shit he pulled today.
injuries :sobbing:

Katdiva7
03-16-2006, 01:25 AM
I have a feeling even Bye could find a way to beat him now... probably in a tiebreak

superpinkone37
03-16-2006, 01:32 AM
For your sake, Jen, I hope Andy gets over whatever the hell happened to him today :hug:

surfpinky
03-16-2006, 01:34 AM
jen :hug:

if retarded andy shows up in miami, I will put plan b in motion. |:

snaillyyy
03-16-2006, 01:39 AM
:hug: for you sake alone Jen I hope he doesnt pull todays shit.

Fumus
03-16-2006, 02:16 AM
Oh well, no reason to give up on Andy after all this time. Let's go Andy! Find your form!! I saw glimpses but you just have to keep working, Andy you always play better in Miami...so kick ass brotha! I know you can! :D

renee_chin
03-16-2006, 02:35 AM
If it goes "according to form", he's supposed to have one or two 'good match' before... :tape:

tangerine_dream
03-16-2006, 03:21 AM
Good luck in Miami, Andy! Shake off the rust and insecurity once and for all, will ya? Bust some more rackets if you have to. :devil:

nkhera1
03-16-2006, 05:49 AM
Well the good news is that Roddick can't lose any points this tournament.

Noelle
03-16-2006, 06:20 AM
He will probably play Bye again and win a really close match to advance to the 2nd round. :sobbing::rolls:
If it goes "according to form", he's supposed to have one or two 'good match' before...:tape::o

I haven't gotten my hopes up in a long while, not since that US Open exit. :shrug: I'm just taking it a match at a time these days. :cool: C'mon Andy, you've got it--serve, forehand, whatever it took to win as big as you did in 2003. You've just got to flaunt it! :devil:

whosthis77
03-16-2006, 07:51 AM
:rolls:
:o

I haven't gotten my hopes up in a long while, not since that US Open exit. :shrug: I'm just taking it a match at a time these days. :cool: C'mon Andy, you've got it--serve, forehand, whatever it took to win as big as you did in 2003. You've just got to flaunt it! :devil:

:worship: yes, andy please flaunt it if possible. Good luck in Miami..

morningglory
03-16-2006, 03:52 PM
:o

correction: Andy you've got it-- SERVE period.
His forehand lacks firepower, his backhand is bad, and he can't win rallies...
One thing that's improved is his retrieving though...

Deboogle!.
03-16-2006, 03:55 PM
whatever it took to win as big as you did in 2003.Apparently that means practicing for a half hour and eating cheetos :shrug:

blosson
03-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Apparently that means practicing for a half hour and eating cheetos :shrug:

Doesnt' it mean he was just more relaxed then?

Like many of you have already mentioned, he is over thinking, over doing and over worried these days. He should keep things simple as it's how he plays anyway.

Fumus
03-16-2006, 06:16 PM
The first two matches were a good start, think less, go for it more.

Miami should be a good chance for Andy to go far all the best people will be tired (Fed, Nadal, etc). Andy can definitly pickup points here and maybe find his confidence if he starts to win some matches.

zoltan83
03-16-2006, 07:17 PM
:banana: Come on Andy!!! I hope that I could see his first match :)

partygirl
03-16-2006, 07:20 PM
hey!

at least its warm in miami.

not like this cold-ass hell.

:)

sunny baby roddick will thrive there- I hope. :cool:

WuMiE
03-16-2006, 08:19 PM
He better to do well there. Come on andy !

surfpinky
03-16-2006, 11:39 PM
um, hey someone go to this and kick him in the head, please. [:
http://menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=83506

Carito_90
03-17-2006, 12:39 AM
I can't see this thread. Makes me too sad.

Andy, do well, make Jen happy, and do even better on 2007. :p

heya
03-17-2006, 06:15 AM
---"he's like baffled and doesn't know what the hell happened. At least he's starting to realize that he's LETTING these guys play great"

1- look at the genes...no runners in the family.
Andy didn't realize this. No one told him.
He was exhausted when he had to run...
he couldn't move because it was tough to lug around 195 pounds on the back and legs.
He needs the practice on the backhand side....when he loses weight.
He can't serve. He double faults; can't break serve.
3 years ago, he was young and fresh....he put his body weight into the groundstroke.
His schedule wasn't messed up.
He could hit backhand winners off fast shots.
He wasn't an imitation of luckboy Ljubicic (Federer's toilet plunger).

2- he thinks he's the poster boy of the US.
He really thought he wasn't doomed. He danced for the fans in the 2005 Andreev match.
He's awake at 11 p.m. at auctions, exhibitions and parties.
They're used as excuses.
Andy thinks, "Nothing hurts me. I donate money.
I must respect these caring people."

3- Junk food, burgers at exhibitions, tiring interviews, Cheetos, beer, coffee are things
he doesn't need before Masters events.

Andy's body can't recover from exhaustion and poor habits. Leave tennis if you're not going
to make an effort to be trim and 100% healthy.
4- he's just a short player disguised as a tall player.
Someone must've lured his parents with money. Both sons failed in tennis, and John has
to remind Andy (tennis academy, not quitting a job he clearly can't do).

5- Pat McEnroe must be a painful bore to be around, Andy. Don't worry (or vomit) over DC again.

Q. Are you at the point where you tear up the game, start serving and volleying, try some different tactics, slice more? Are you at that point at all, change things radically?

ANDY RODDICK: No. Because I said, the thing was, I was finally getting the best of him. I felt like I had kind of found my range, and I was doing well. I think it was more between the ears than something physical. I did come in a lot more. I got exactly the ball I want, and I put it in the net.

I don't know if it's physical at this point. I don't know why I just checked out, you know, in the middle of the damn third set when I feel like I'm finally getting the best of him. I don't know if I'd just go Kamikaze. That's sort of a sign of giving up for me. Bonds is not going to begin laying down sack bunts. By no means am I comparing myself to him, but I don't think you can go totally against the grain of who you are and what you do.
It's not physical? Accept that you're not energetic and really flexible like in 2003 and earlier. Psychologist won't help you in that regard.
You can't afford to moonball every serve and shot. Your dropshots, shots and slices worked, but you didn't hit much of those. You just hit topspin serves too hard on this surface....it went back and you lost serve. Deal with the reality, dumbass. Even morons like me know that.

I'm glad that it really kind of hurts me this deep. It sucks short-term. You know, if I was okay with it, I think we'd have more of a problem.

ANDY RODDICK: No. When I lose third round every week, I have a ton of time to practice.

Like I said, I competed well. That wasn't the problem. I think it's just sticking there, staying the course. I'm just mad because I let it get away from me. You're out there for two hours, and I let it get away from me in five minutes. It's just frustrating. There wasn't really a reason for it because I felt like I was finally -- when I went away, I finally felt like I was starting to get the best of him. That's just unacceptable.

ANDY RODDICK: Panic? No, it's not really a panic. I'm going to be fine whether or not I win tennis matches. I'm just mad. I'd love to perform at my best. That's the frustrating part. I'm not -- I have no reason to really panic in the grand scheme of things.
Sorry, it's not a new problem and you either change your schedule...start changing, or change careers.....YOU are playing because of your mother and brother. I don't think you want to admit you're not comfortable and athletic anymore.
It's just frustrating. I'm irked. I'm really upset about it. You know, it's not fun going into that locker room afterwards, you know, again and feeling that way. It's not something I'm accustomed to. It's not something I want to become accustomed to.

I'm glad that it really kind of hurts me this deep. It sucks short-term. You know, if I was okay with it, I think we'd have more of a problem.

Q. How long will it take before you put it behind you?

Q. Is his head one of his weapons? His forehand and his head?

ANDY RODDICK: His head?

Q. Does he have a good head?

ANDY RODDICK: What, does he like throw it at people?
Q. Was he better than you mentally today and is that a weapon, as far as you know?

ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. I don't know if I've seen him play enough. Judging from by the way he went and attacked the net in the middle of the tiebreaker, went Sideshow Bob on it, I don't know. I feel like I had him against the grain a little bit, but I don't know if I can answer that in the affirmative or the negative there. Sorry.

Andy, learn some manners. You certainly didn't learn any from the Roddicks.
Go be an actor. Tennis is for athletes, not creative writers/self-punishing speakers.
You seem to love looking stupid (even though you're not) & being a media joke.
Team Roddick/charity people don't mind.

Dirk
03-17-2006, 06:52 AM
Heya take it easy on Andy, attacking his family genes because no roddick is a runner. :retard: Andy has lost some weight and improved his diet and his movement. You have all these crazy theories about Andy but no nothing about him to make such conclusions.

Despite all of your nuttiness I still love you. :inlove:

partygirl
03-17-2006, 07:30 AM
he lost weight but gained too much muscle.

im starting to believe heya is actually Andy Roddick :)
no offense:spit:

Dirk
03-17-2006, 07:34 AM
he lost weight but gained too much muscle.

no offense:spit:

Of course he will gain muscle, that fat needs to be turned into something. Andy can't take balls early so he must stay further back and it is tough for a guy his size to be a great mover. I would say Marat moves better than him but Marat is a rare exception.

Andy just doesn't know what to do out there and his serve is getting read more.

Celica posted in GM that rumors say he takes painkillers before and after matches and his back and shoulder are messed up. If that is true then this slide makes more sense.

Carito_90
03-17-2006, 07:42 AM
Dirk, I would recomend you to get out of here while having that signature.

And what the hell are you doing reading the blog of a person you dislike who writes about a player you dislike?

Geez.

Dirk
03-17-2006, 07:49 AM
That better Carito? My curiosity got the better of me. ;) Ask Tangy why she follows me around and bad reps me all the time. That is the only reason I put that Roddick part in that Siggy.

Carito_90
03-17-2006, 07:52 AM
Yes, it is better.

And this is not 3rd grade, "She started it." doesn't justify your actions.

I'm not gonna get into a discussion or anything because I don't want to give Deb any trouble so I'm just going to sleep. I just thought I'd let you know.

Dirk
03-17-2006, 07:54 AM
I understand. I wish if you put someone on block they couldn't bad rep you. They need to fix that. I just want to know where Celica is getting her rumors from.

partygirl
03-17-2006, 08:01 AM
if he were pill popping pain killers would'nt his test come up dirty?

honestly?

cause i know he's tested just as much as everyone else.

funny thing is if you see his press conferences, his right shoulder blade and shoulder pitches and spasms for awhile after his match - uncontrollably, you can see it from the front which looks strange when you notice it...but he does'nt react to it at all really.

it was very noticable at wimbledon & in every press conference ive seen since
-but i dont think that hint's at a problem...andy is no good at hiding how he's feeling- pain or emotionally.

plus he has the master: Doug :angel:

Noelle
03-17-2006, 08:02 AM
They do say never believe everything you read on the Internet. :lol:

Dirk
03-17-2006, 08:05 AM
if he were pill popping pain killers would'nt his test come up dirty?

honestly?

cause i know he's tested just as much as everyone else.

funny thing is if you see his press conferences, his right shoulder blade and shoulder pitches and spasms for awhile after his match - uncontrollably, you can see it from the front which looks strange when you notice it...but he does'nt react to it at all really.

it was very noticable at wimbledon & in every press conference ive seen since
-but i dont think that hint's at a problem...andy is no good at hiding how he's feeling- pain or emotionally.

plus he has the master: Doug :angel:

goran took painkiller during wimbledon 01 and nothing was wrong with it. I think painkillers are ok still. That is freaky if he is twitching like that.

partygirl
03-17-2006, 08:10 AM
goran took painkiller during wimbledon 01 and nothing was wrong with it. I think painkillers are ok still. That is freaky if he is twitching like that.
well one tournament is one thing but if he is so destroyed he takes them all the time :rolleyes:

how can that be over looked? they ban people for weed.

i bet deb would know if its still acceptable or not, but she is sane & probably in bed like i should be.

Dirk
03-17-2006, 08:12 AM
I am too lazy to read their doping policies but I can see why they would allow painkillers. I have read other players comment on using them during events too.

Dirk
03-17-2006, 08:13 AM
well one tournament is one thing but if he is so destroyed he takes them all the time :rolleyes:

how can that be over looked? they ban people for weed.

i bet deb would know if its still acceptable or not, but she is sane & probably in bed like i should be.

Goran was still using throughout the rest of that year.

Noelle
03-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Who cares right now? It's a rumor anyway. :rolleyes:

partygirl
03-17-2006, 08:17 AM
it makes interesting speculation, but i just can't...

i don't believe the hype ;)

however this has merit-

Dirk
03-17-2006, 08:20 AM
it makes interesting speculation, but i just can't...

i don't believe the hype ;)

I can't either because it would bound to get leaked to the press. It would explain why he is hitting with more topspin if it hurts his arm more to whip it flat.

tangerine_dream
03-17-2006, 01:33 PM
They do say never believe everything you read on the Internet. :lol:
Especially if it comes from Celia. :lol:

Deboogle!.
03-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Especially if it comes from Celia. :lol:My thoughts exactly.

I really liked waking up and seeing this thread like this. Yay.

Golfnduck
03-17-2006, 03:20 PM
LET'S GO ANDY!!!! Please step it up in Miami!!!

blosson
03-17-2006, 04:52 PM
Tangy have you been naughty in GM? :lol: I was reading the one of many Andy thread over there and your name pop up quite often...

tangerine_dream
03-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Tangy have you been naughty in GM? :lol: I was reading the one of many Andy thread over there and your name pop up quite often...
I just naturally piss people off, what can I say? My Fan Club membership is full. :lol:

partygirl
03-17-2006, 06:32 PM
I really liked waking up and seeing this thread like this. Yay.

the only real question i was wondering,
is if pain killers are cause for a "dirty" test?

just out of curiosity, but i believe i know the answer -but i've been wrong.

EDIT- im slowly learning to not be suckered into paying heed to troll mamals. :cool: :tape:

Deboogle!.
03-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Players can take painkillers - advil, tylenol, whatever. I'm sure there are specific rules for some of the specific drugs but I'm pretty sure most of the over-the-counter stuff is OK.

Anyway, I've never ever seen anything about this rumor, and I don't really see any reason to buy into it :shrug:

partygirl
03-17-2006, 07:58 PM
Players can take painkillers - advil, tylenol, whatever. I'm sure there are specific rules for some of the specific drugs but I'm pretty sure most of the over-the-counter stuff is OK.

Anyway, I've never ever seen anything about this rumor, and I don't really see any reason to buy into it :shrug:

well i don't buy it either & i know my drugs and their effects
- but i was thinking of perscription pain killers...
if the atp had something against advil & tylenol they would be ass backward.

Deboogle!.
03-17-2006, 08:02 PM
I'd imagine a lot of the 'normal' prescriptions are ok too. Not steroids or stuff like that, but without reading the rulebook and the anti-doping policy (which is of course on the ATP site if you really want to know for sure), I'd guess most of the stuff is ok.

As far as I'm concerned, this is all bogus and total :bs: When one of the well-known tennis writers write about it (even if it's a less reputable ne), then we'll talk. He still serves well over 140mph and he still hits a huge forehand once in a while (see: Verdasco match a few days ago), so to suggest he's lost power in his arm or something is just... well.... nonsensical to me :shrug:

partygirl
03-17-2006, 08:37 PM
K
:umbrella:

rofe
03-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Roddick :smash:

You better learn a thing or two on how to play like a top ten player like Blake did today before you play your first match in Miami.

Jennay
03-18-2006, 01:35 AM
stop polluting my thread. |:

:D

cobalt60
03-18-2006, 01:47 AM
I'm wishing him Good Vibrations :cool: Maybe the Bryan Bros should sing it or something;)

Fumus
03-18-2006, 02:25 PM
What will Andy be seeded?

Deboogle!.
03-18-2006, 02:58 PM

Horatio Caine
03-18-2006, 03:30 PM
OMG things are getting serious in here now :(

Come on Andy...pull your socks up!!

morningglory
03-18-2006, 04:51 PM
Andy's lucky he's seeded 4... one more rank down and it'll be 5 and that just caps him for a difficult QF rather than an SF... :(

Deboogle!.
03-18-2006, 04:52 PM
He's gotta make the QFs first. And he could still have a difficult draw... James or Andre could be his QF opponent and Lleyton could probably be even earlier b/c he'll be down to 14

blosson
03-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Don't disappoint us Andy. Anything less than a semi final showdown would be really BAD.

tangerine_dream
03-18-2006, 07:06 PM
Seeded 4 isn't so bad. Look, Andy can't even make it past the fourth round seeded 2!

Perhaps this will work as a wake-up call in his already long-list of wake-up calls. As blosson said, how many boots in the ass does Andy need before the lightbulb finally goes off over his cheeto head?

I'm still quite happy about his explosive meltdown though. It's promising. I was wondering how many bad losses it would take before he finally blew his stack in complete frustration. Hopefully he'll perform better at Miami. :banana:

MisterQ
03-18-2006, 07:25 PM
Madame Monkey sends her regards, Andy:

http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mid=5351090

Deboogle!.
03-18-2006, 07:30 PM

http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mid=5351090ohmygod ohmygod cannot breathe oh man oh man oh man

cobalt60
03-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Q :haha: :haha: :haha:

partygirl
03-18-2006, 07:51 PM
I'm still quite happy about his explosive meltdown though. It's promising. I was wondering how many bad losses it would take before he finally blew his stack
i believe he has a lot more stack blowing possibility :devil:

he's at least capable of that, you must agree -you've seen him :retard::retard: :armed:imagine andy with these results & explosive meltdowns...i did'nt say that.

tangerine_dream
03-18-2006, 08:29 PM

FUCKING HELL :spit: :haha: :rolls: :lol: *cough cough sputter* :sobbing:

superpinkone37
03-18-2006, 08:46 PM
Q! :haha: :haha: :haha:

surfpinky
03-18-2006, 08:58 PM
omg omg omg Q :haha: :spit: :haha:

Horatio Caine
03-18-2006, 09:27 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Aaaandy omg :haha: :haha:

guida
03-18-2006, 10:50 PM

:rolls: :rolls: :rolls: :worship: :worship:

PinkFeatherBoa
03-18-2006, 10:56 PM
Q. You rock, man. :sobbing: Must breathe.

blosson
03-18-2006, 11:59 PM
Andy you should play for you and yourself only. Not for your parents, brothers, family, your country, your pets, critics, charity, ice cream, cheetos, girlfriends or boyfriends. WIN this thing for the love you have for tennis! :(

morningglory
03-19-2006, 12:47 AM
:lol: that monkeymail was the best! :lol:

heya
03-19-2006, 02:01 AM
Great expectations? writers hype it up...Andy dumbly believes it and refused to get his life in control. (he had no idea it was out of control in 2003 because he didn't even think
he was good enough to win tourneys....the only thing he cared about was reaching #1...then prayed for a joyful career with endorsements and RODDICK love in the US.

He couldn't care less about tactics or respect. Madrid, Basel, Paris & Masters Cup 2003 weren't huge worries for him.....promoting tennis at Saturday Nite Live was big! :o ).

Andy didn't have a quality coach for 2 decades.
Who really took him seriously? The mother didn't hire Tark until the year 1998, on a rainy day, and it was convenient to the family because Tarik was a neighbor living near by.
andy had his immature showboat performance on court
(talking to crowds like it's a casual hobby such as golf)
because he was programmed to believe it's alright.
it's almost like he thought even
amateur people play better than him.
it interferes with his ehergy level, fitness, confidence and work ethic.

doesn't enjoy taking technques seriously in tennis but he'll takes what Agassi + others (opponents, parents, brother, Mattress Mc and media) say seriously. He overestimates everyone's intelligence and belittles his own.

He thinks listening to totally positive comments makes him better. That's naive and delusional.

zoltan83
03-19-2006, 03:45 AM

:haha: :rolls: Q :worship:

Havok
03-19-2006, 04:08 AM
DEATh Q :bigcry::bigcry:. The monkey got bored and ate the pretzl so random :haha:.

Note to Andy: Refrain.

J. Corwin
03-19-2006, 08:40 AM

:rolls::lol::haha:

Deboogle!.
03-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Busy Andy in Miami.... cool that he and James are co-hosting the player party, though :cool:
========================
Miami Madness
March 19th, 2006 10:55 am
By Andyroddick.com Staff

The Miami Masters is always a special event for Andy…he recorded one of the biggest wins of his early career there, five years ago, against legend, Pete Sampras. This week, Andy returns to Miami to challenge for his second Nasdaq-100 Open title.

Before the tennis can commence though, Andy has some sponsorship commitments, and parties to attend!

Monday is the day of the crocodiles! In the morning, Andy has a Lacoste photo shoot for French Sport Magazine. In the evening, Lacoste is hosting a ‘Meet Andy Roddick’ event at their boutique store in the Village of Merrick Park in Coral Gables. Between 6-8pm, you can receive an autographed ‘one of a kind’ Lacoste hat from Andy, for any purchase you make.

Andy is soon to launch his own Parlux fragrance. On Tuesday morning, he will be in a romantic mood as he models his new fragrance at a photo shoot.

To kick off the tennis in style on Wednesday, the Delano hotel, in the heart of South Beach will be hosting the official player party. This is not only the site where Ricky Martin filmed his ‘Livin La Vida Loca’ video, but also where actor, Jamie Fox held his New Year’s Eve bash in Miami. Andy, who has strong roots in Florida, will be co-hosting this event with his Davis Cup team mate, James Blake.

AndyRoddick.com will be your first point of call for everything Andy in Miami next week, on and off the court!

superpinkone37
03-19-2006, 05:18 PM
...he will be in a romantic mood as he models his new fragrance at a photo shoot.Will he be posing with Mardy? Or are they still upset with each other after Vince outed the news that James and Mardy have been friendly?

Deboogle!.
03-19-2006, 05:20 PM
shit.com :rolls:

partygirl
03-19-2006, 05:38 PM
========================
Miami Madness
March 19th, 2006 10:55 am
By Andyroddick.com Staff

The Miami Masters is always a special event for Andy…he recorded one of the biggest wins of his early career there, five years ago, against legend, Pete Sampras. This week, Andy returns to Miami to challenge for his second Nasdaq-100 Open title.

Before the tennis can commence though, Andy has some sponsorship commitments, and parties to attend!

Monday is the day of the crocodiles! In the morning, Andy has a Lacoste photo shoot for French Sport Magazine. In the evening, Lacoste is hosting a ‘Meet Andy Roddick’ event at their boutique store in the Village of Merrick Park in Coral Gables. Between 6-8pm, you can receive an autographed ‘one of a kind’ Lacoste hat from Andy, for any purchase you make.

Andy is soon to launch his own Parlux fragrance. On Tuesday morning, he will be in a romantic mood as he models his new fragrance at a photo shoot.

To kick off the tennis in style on Wednesday, the Delano hotel, in the heart of South Beach will be hosting the official player party. This is not only the site where Ricky Martin filmed his ‘Livin La Vida Loca’ video, but also where actor, Jamie Fox held his New Year’s Eve bash in Miami. Andy, who has strong roots in Florida, will be co-hosting this event with his Davis Cup team mate, James Blake.

AndyRoddick.com will be your first point of call for everything Andy in Miami next week, on and off the court!

sounds distracting. :rolleyes:

...however i do love that media for this fragrance(ode de dumb-fat-ass) will be blessed with a buzzed roddick look- me.so.happy:inlove: :)

WuMiE
03-19-2006, 05:38 PM
Do you know when the draws will be up ? Tuesday..Wednesday ? Thanx =]

Deboogle!.
03-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Do you know when the draws will be up ? Tuesday..Wednesday ? Thanx =]Monday afternoon

WuMiE
03-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Monday afternoon

Oh okay thanx =] I hope Andy is gonna do the quarters and +..it will be a great present for my b-day.

snaillyyy
03-19-2006, 09:00 PM
:lol: :lol: why does the comment about "being in a romantic mood" crack me up so much:rolleyes::o

morningglory
03-19-2006, 09:08 PM
hmmm... so Andy has lots of things besides tennis in Miami... Be sure to have some practicing time, Andy... :rolleyes:

Deboogle!.
03-19-2006, 09:09 PM
I dunno, maybe it's good he'll be a little distracted? I dunno about him anymore :lol:

snaillyyy
03-19-2006, 09:13 PM
As long as he remembers the Cheetos he will be fine;):p

Noelle
03-19-2006, 09:27 PM
shit.com :rolls:
You DO know that's a porn site, right? :scared:

WuMiE
03-19-2006, 09:54 PM
You DO know that's a porn site, right? :scared:

Bahahaha I didn't know that :lol:

Deboogle!.
03-19-2006, 10:03 PM
You DO know that's a porn site, right? :scared:Hey, Danielle did it not me!!!!!

superpinkone37
03-19-2006, 10:30 PM
You DO know that's a porn site, right? :scared:LOL...no I did not, and I'm not about to look it up to find out. :rolls:

heya
03-19-2006, 11:09 PM
Andy, why not be a stripper for a porn site---roddickonline?
Tennis is his true calling....just because mommy and brother gave him a tiny racket at age 2. Nowadays, he plays with opponents' dildos.

Noelle
03-20-2006, 12:05 AM
Heya's right. Roddickonline is now a porn site. :rolls:

partygirl
03-20-2006, 01:10 AM
any one want to go out on a limb and call this next week: distracted tennis :singer: :boxing:

acoffeygirl
03-20-2006, 03:17 AM
Like the new thread title.

tangerine_dream
03-20-2006, 06:17 PM
I agree. :cool: It's good to vent but we also need to remain positive. :banana:

Deboogle!.
03-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Andy's draw is ridiculously awful. Not much more to say right now but have fun dude.

snaillyyy
03-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Yup Deb, keeping my expectations really low this time :o Rogers half this time:rolleyes: l

Deboogle!.
03-20-2006, 07:42 PM
Doesn't even matter, he won't make the semis.

snaillyyy
03-20-2006, 07:44 PM
I havn't even entertained the thought of him in a semi, I can't get past hope for the 3rd round.

acoffeygirl
03-20-2006, 07:55 PM
Um ewww, just ewww to the draw!

Winston's Human
03-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Andy's draw is ridiculously awful. Not much more to say right now but have fun dude.

It could be worse.

Andy is likely to play Pavel -- who took five sets and illness to beat him -- and then Verdasco -- who he beat last week.

What is more interesting is who will survive the Hewitt/Safin/Henman/Hrbaty/Srichaphan sixteenth of the draw to play (hopefully) Andy.

blosson
03-20-2006, 07:59 PM
jpegs of the draw. Yuk draw, Verdasco, Safin and Lleyton all around the block. Verdasco must be glued to Andy, they always draw each other in these tournaments.

At least we will see some nice matches very early on. :o

blosson
03-20-2006, 08:01 PM
I havn't even entertained the thought of him in a semi, I can't get past hope for the 3rd round.

at least he will be consistent with his other 2006 results...

snaillyyy
03-20-2006, 08:02 PM
:lol: well that is one way to look at it;)

Volcanic Tennis
03-20-2006, 08:03 PM
The good news is: he can't lose in the first round :)

Deboogle!.
03-20-2006, 08:03 PM
It could be worse.

Andy is likely to play Pavel -- who took five sets and illness to beat him -- and then Verdasco -- who he beat last week.

What is more interesting is who will survive the Hewitt/Safin/Henman/Hrbaty/Srichaphan sixteenth of the draw to play (hopefully) Andy.That was Davis Cup - Andy was fighting hard and playing pretty well. He should win obviously, but nothing is a given right now. Verdasco will want revenge over last week and this surface suits him better (slower and higher-bouncing than IW). I think Marat could get through that section if he's playing well, Hewitt's never really done that well at Miami I don't think, but with him you never know. Regardless, it's a tough draw and in his current form Andy won't go very far. Sure it could be worse, but this is pretty bad too :lol:

tangerine_dream
03-20-2006, 08:10 PM
Woohoo! Congrats Andy on making it through to the second round :woohoo:

WuMiE
03-20-2006, 08:14 PM
Is he going to make the THIRD round ? :o * thanx deb. =P *
To be continued..

Deboogle!.
03-20-2006, 08:18 PM
He already made the 2nd round, he has a bye :rolls:

WuMiE
03-20-2006, 08:20 PM
He already made the 2nd round, he has a bye :rolls:

Oh I did a mistake ! wow andy :eek: scuse me :worship:

tangerine_dream
03-20-2006, 08:36 PM
The other one-dimensional American Mardy Fish just finished kicking Benneteau's ass in quallies. Further proof that Julien's win over Andy was a fluke and that it's not just the other guy playing out of his mind, but that Andy is also playing very badly. :angel:

Who were the other flukes who got their ass beat in the next round by an American? Oh, yeah, Gilles Muller and Igor Andreev. :p

Andy's slump has to end sometime, why not here? :banana:

Deboogle!.
03-20-2006, 08:38 PM
Since when is Mardy one-dimensional? I know a lot of people don't like him b/c of his personality and things he's supposedly done, but I've never heard that many criticisms of his game, in fact a lot of people think he's the most talented american of all...

Deboogle!.
03-20-2006, 08:42 PM
oy.
------------------
Monday of Miami Madness - Day One
March 20th, 2006 04:32 pm
By Andyroddick.com Staff

Rolling out of bed this morning, Andy didn’t reach for his racquet and hat. Today’s activities were spent with his good friend Mr. Crocodile in front of a camera for a Lacoste photo shoot.

As the shoot came to a closing, there was a little time to regroup and now it’s time to get ready for tonight’s signing at the Coral Gables Lacoste store from 6-8pm. Andy will meet and smile for the press before he picks up a Sharpie, and then the signing will commence.

After having a few days out of the media’s eye, today will make up for it with a few thousands pictures taken, a few hundred hats signed, and a lot of fans showing their support and giving encouragement.

There are many more exclusives coming to the site from Miami Madness. Stay tuned to AR.com for latest and greatest news on Andy!

Havok
03-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Oh god what a death draw :help:. I see him getting to the 4r at least though, then from there on :scared:. Crap Haas got Roger in the 3r, hopefully he can find the same magic that allowed him to give Roger fits at the AO and pushed him all the way :D! Gasquet got a nice draw :woohoo:.

morningglory
03-20-2006, 09:24 PM
DEATH. Hewitt and Marat so close by....
Andy better book an early plane ticket :tape:

morningglory
03-20-2006, 09:25 PM
oh... and before I start looking far... Andy's not gonna lose to Pavel again is he? :o

Deboogle!.
03-20-2006, 09:29 PM
you crack me up too tangy :)

Winston's Human
03-20-2006, 09:35 PM
DEATH. Hewitt and Marat so close by....
Andy better book an early plane ticket :tape:

Or have Mama on stand-by to drive down from Boca to pick him up.

morningglory
03-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Or have Mama on stand-by to drive down from Boca to pick him up.
whoops forgot the tourney's in Florida :o :lol:

Deboogle!.
03-20-2006, 09:38 PM
His parents usually go to the tourney don't they? Though they live in texas now anyway. but yeah aren't they usually there?

Jennay
03-20-2006, 09:41 PM
:tape:

acoffeygirl
03-20-2006, 09:47 PM
His parents usually go to the tourney don't they? Though they live in texas now anyway. but yeah aren't they usually there?
I didn't realize his parents were living in Texas now.

Deboogle!.
03-20-2006, 09:50 PM
Yea there was this article at some point last year about them keeping the house in Boca but moving somewhere in texas - since two of their kids live there now. I'm sure they're in Boca a lot since that's where a lot of the charity stuff is based, etc.

acoffeygirl
03-20-2006, 09:53 PM
Thanks for keeping us in "the know!" :) (or at least me anyway!)

morningglory
03-20-2006, 09:54 PM
hmm... what's Andy's next tourney? Houston?
I am looking ahead of this one... :tape:
drat... likely no QF for Andy... and there's a difference in feeling between QF and 4th rnd when you see it in print... anything with an "F" behind is always good...

Deboogle!.
03-20-2006, 09:54 PM
I'm sure the article is in this forum somewhere :p

blosson
03-20-2006, 09:55 PM
I drove through Boca Raton about a year and a half ago when I was visiting Florida. What a pouncy posh place!

Deboogle!.
03-20-2006, 09:57 PM
Yes, Boca is quite swanky.

Here you go amber ;)

http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=1365477&postcount=432

heya
03-20-2006, 09:57 PM
Haas got fitter and beat Benneteau. He's American, I guess.
I'm sure the world knows that Mardy's more talented than roddick and agassi.
Only, Mardy and his fans don't see that. :scratch: Those 400 difficult wins weren't proof?

Since when was Andy clunking crap on court ever called a "form" of tennis?
Hopefully, the Roddick family can tell him that he can change jobs
(when they don't talk about
money or gush about his tennis promotion/media's misunderstanding of the
"fighter" Andy).
....or maybe not....the sick children need to watch him yell "f you" and tank matches.

acoffeygirl
03-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Yes, Boca is quite swanky.

Here you go amber ;)

http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=1365477&postcount=432
Thanks Deb....that was prior to my arrival at MTF, so that must be why I didn't remember it.

PinkFeatherBoa
03-20-2006, 10:13 PM
Boo to draw.

That is all.

Deboogle!.
03-20-2006, 10:16 PM
Thanks Deb....that was prior to my arrival at MTF, so that must be why I didn't remember it.excuses excuses :p

acoffeygirl
03-20-2006, 10:20 PM
excuses excuses :p
I'm full of them!

renee_chin
03-20-2006, 11:00 PM
so, looks like andy is the 'lucky one' and gets the most interesting draw, followed by roger's... it's pretty 'managable' (but then, we don't know which andy will be showing up), except for the hewitt-safin-henman-srichaphan tangle, but that said, except for srichaphan who has been playing out of his mind last week, the other 3 are pretty much in the same boat as andy is. :unsure:

now, all we need is mardy filling the 'q' spot to add more 'drama' to the draw :p

J. Corwin
03-20-2006, 11:24 PM
Draw shmaw...;) I don't think the draw really matters all that much for Andy, lol. If he gets(got?:D) his confidence back he can beat almost everyone...if he doesn't, he'll lose to anyone (Brad if you ever want to give up that Captain Obvious spot, you can give it to me;)). I just hope he at least got some of it back after huddling with John and realize what kind of play led him to sound so dejected after last week's loss.

blosson
03-20-2006, 11:43 PM
Boo to draw.

That is all.

Henman's got the best draw... :unsure:

rofe
03-20-2006, 11:54 PM
New tournament, new start. Roddick will get to the 4th round without too many problems. The 4th round match will be very tricky if the seeding holds true and Safin gets his game together so I have no idea how Roddick will perform.

heya
03-21-2006, 12:27 AM
Draw shmaw...;) I don't think the draw really matters all that much for Andy, lol. If he gets(got?:D) his confidence back he can beat almost everyone...if he doesn't, he'll lose to anyone (Brad if you ever want to give up that Captain Obvious spot, you can give it to me;)). I just hope he at least got some of it back after huddling with John and realize what kind of play led him to sound so dejected after last week's loss.
Andy does have the talent and ability to change his lifestyle.
As for the rest of the family, don't give them too much credit. Where are the coaches? :o

Winston's Human
03-21-2006, 03:31 AM
I drove through Boca Raton about a year and a half ago when I was visiting Florida. What a pouncy posh place!

My cousin has lived in Boca for many years. There are parts that are pretty upscale, but there are other parts (particuarly near I-95) which are more middle of the road.

Deboogle!.
03-21-2006, 05:04 AM
you're my hero.

acoffeygirl
03-21-2006, 05:04 AM
OH MY GOSH!!! :haha:

superpinkone37
03-21-2006, 05:50 AM
i have a new avatar.you do? |:

superpinkone37
03-21-2006, 05:52 AM
Andy sucks so badly he might lose to Vince...unless Vince pulls a Serena and loses his bling on the court.

Deboogle!.
03-21-2006, 05:59 AM
Blurb from the Palm Beach Post.. glad to hear he found time to practice today :p
======
After a first-round bye, fourth-seeded Andy Roddick of Boca Raton looks at a possible rematch against Romania's Andrei Pavel, who beat him 6-7 (2), 2-6, 7-6 (8), 6-2, 6-4 in Davis Cup play Feb. 10. Roddick became ill on court during that match. To meet Roddick, Pavel would have to get past Spain's Alberto Martin in the first round.

"I'm eager," Roddick said after practicing on stadium court Monday.

fangirl
03-21-2006, 11:14 AM
OMG AMANDA. I just had a nap and woke up from the weirdest dream EVER and you were in it. You will not believe it when I tell you.

You got married to Robby Ginepri. And that is the BEGINNING.

Deboogle!.
03-21-2006, 02:57 PM
WHY ARE YOU STILL AWAKE??? |: |: |:HAHAH I knew that was coming. I went to bed right after :p

Anyway couple more blurbs...... from the Miami paper tihs time :p
================
Roddick eager to rebound from funk
BY MICHELLE KAUFMAN
mkaufman@MiamiHerald.com

A few dozen diehard fans -- and the newly installed instant-replay screens -- stared down onto center court on a sunny Monday afternoon as Andy Roddick, determined to get out of a funk, whacked balls with his hitting partner in preparation for this week's NASDAQ-100 Open in Key Biscayne.

Roddick, drenched in sweat, politely declined to be interviewed afterward, saying only that he was ''eager'' to get back on the court after losing in the fourth round in Indian Wells, Calif., last week.
---------------------
Kings of the court Andy Roddick and James Blake are hosting the 2006 NASDAQ 100 Open Players Bash at the Delano on Wednesday. Among the other players expected to show up: Venus Williams, André Agassi, Maria Sharapova, Kim Clijsters and Rafael Nadal.

Deboogle!.
03-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Lacoste Meet and Greet
March 21st, 2006 08:32 am
By Andyroddick.com Staff

Andy arrived for his evening meet and greet in style. Andy spent an hour and a half, signing special blue Lacoste hats, posing for photos and having brief chats with everyone who showed up and purchased a Lacoste item. Many fans turned out for the event, including some dedicated souls, who had been waiting outside the store since 11.00am!

Making bets with sister-in-law, Ginger and accommodating everybody, there were some firsts for Andy tonight! One of these was signing an animal! A little dog, Chloe, wearing a tennis skirt was presented to Andy for signing, which he obliged before joking, “Oh, she bit me!”

Fans of all ages turned up to see Andy. One lady requested a photo of Andy with her baby. Initially worried he may drop the baby, who looked adoringly up at him; Andy secured his grip, and posed for the photo.

There were some of Andy’s younger and somewhat shier fans there who had to be coerced up to meet their idol, with Andy promising he wouldn’t bite :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: , and then contemplating what would be the young boy’s reaction if he made a scary face instead! :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

Before leaving, Andy took out the remainder of baseball caps, signing all of them to ensure every fan got an autographed memento. At around half past seven, Andy signed his last cap, and made an exit for his 8.00pm dinner reservation at the famous Nobu restaurant. Clearly a favourite among the tennis stars, as Maria Sharapova and Roger Federer also dined there.

Next up for Andy is a Parlux photo shoot Tuesday morning. Stay tuned to AR.com for all the latest!

http://www.andyroddick.com/images/news/fullsize/lacoste2.jpg

Deboogle!.
03-21-2006, 03:21 PM
whoa, AR.com is full of the updates today ;) does Andy "feel good," Doug? :lol:

pics from the lacoste thing last night: http://www.andyroddick.com/photosvideos/lacoste-signing-in-miami/
-----------------------
An Update From Doug Spreen, Andy's Personal Trainer:

"After a tough loss in Indian Wells we did spend a few days in Austin. More than anything we were just spending the days practicing and making sure Andy is ready to go in Miami.

The most important thing for me to make sure that Andy is feeling good and we used those few days to make sure his body feels good. We wanted him feeling good and ready to go when we got to Miami this week. Also those few days are a good mental break for Andy to be home and enjoy Austin for a few days. We did a few days of hard work and are ready to go at the Nasdaq."

acoffeygirl
03-21-2006, 04:47 PM
I'm not sure, but I think that Doug is concerned that Andy feel good! :lol:

snaillyyy
03-21-2006, 05:17 PM
:lol: wow so much info from ar.com in one day! wonders never cease.:p

blosson
03-21-2006, 05:20 PM
With Doug making sure Andy feels good why would he need Mardy?

Anyhow, I can not believe AR.com posted an out of focus picture like this!

Carito_90
03-21-2006, 07:03 PM
Uh, could his draw be ANY worse?

I guess this is why I wasn't meant to go to Miami this year... :o

Deboogle!.
03-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Yeah, it could've been worse, he could've gotten marat in the 2nd round :o

Carito_90
03-21-2006, 07:12 PM
I guess...

But still. I hope Bye doesn't defeat Andy. :o

With the way he's been playing, Pavel could beat him. Damn, even Vinnay could. :o

Ok, anyone could. period.

Deboogle!.
03-21-2006, 09:50 PM
wow, just... wow i think i'm speechless.
======================
Nasdaq-100: Two, Four, Six, Ate?
March 21st, 2006 05:42 pm
By Andyroddick.com Staff

The Nasdaq-100 in Miami, Florida will be the host of many Andy-factors this year. The 2004 Champ received a “bye” so he will play the winner of the Pavel/Martin match in Round Two. With his current ATP ranking being four, just twenty five points behind David Nalbandian, Andy is about to embark on tournament number six of the year. He and fellow Davis Cup teammate James Blake, who just broke into the Top Ten, will host the annual Nasdaq-100 dinner the evening before play beings. However, there is more history and success behind this tournament than just impressive numbers.

This year is going to make history since the this tournament is going to be host the debut of the Instant Replay on Stadium Court on March 22nd’s 11am match. The stadium is equipped with two video boards hung in the stadium for the players, all 13,300 fans, and umpires to see when a call is challenged. Andy is one of the players who are strongly supportive of this latest step to improve the fairness of the game.

“On top of just getting the calls right time after time, which will be nice, it’ll add another aspect for TV viewers. If a player has two challenges per set, it will add drama and excitement. This will add to tennis and take out a lot of human error,” Andy said upon the official announcement of Instant Replay becoming a part of the game.

This tournament will not only be very popular because of this new technological addition to the game, but especially because of the great players it brings to Miami. “Andy is a great champion and one of the NASDAQ-100 Open’s most popular players because of his South Florida roots and always draws big crowds every match he plays,” noted Tournament Director Adam Barrett. Big turn-outs mean huge support which also means huge rewards for both the fans and the players.

There is nearly $7 million to be given out in prize money between the ATP, WTA, and Doubles. Over the next twelve days of play, the United States will be airing over 50 hours of the Nasdaq, starting with 12 hours of Super Saturday on the Tennis Channel, 33 hours during the week of both live and taped matches on ESPN and ESPN2, and the Men’s and Women’s Finals live on CBS. For those of you who have access to the Miami Herald, get a hold of one for every day of the tournament as there will be a 12-tournament Opening Round section and preview, and an 8-page section for every day following.

Collect this year’s history and recorded success of Andy and his fellow players, but online and in-hand. Stay tuned to AR.com for the latest coverage on the NASDAQ-100 (make link). GO ANDY!

surfpinky
03-21-2006, 10:10 PM
um, very informative. |:

|:

blosson
03-21-2006, 10:28 PM
omg Yawn to this article.

Golfnduck
03-21-2006, 11:17 PM
Very interesting article :p

surfpinky
03-21-2006, 11:19 PM
OMG AMANDA. I just had a nap and woke up from the weirdest dream EVER and you were in it. You will not believe it when I tell you.

You got married to Robby Ginepri. And that is the BEGINNING.
|:

acoffeygirl
03-21-2006, 11:58 PM
Oh gosh...and I thought the students here couldn't write. Pst....take a writing class.

surfpinky
03-22-2006, 01:38 AM
sdfjskldfj there's an absolutely gorgeous picture of james on getty from the stars awards dinner thing.... and one of rafa too.... and there's pictures of afh and tommy robredo with a dolphin. GO TO GETTY NOW. |:

Deboogle!.
03-22-2006, 01:38 AM
The one of AFH Smiling so big is adorable.

James looks wonderful but is dressed like an old man :lol:

surfpinky
03-22-2006, 01:39 AM
yeah, the pants, james? double ewe tea eff.

renee_chin
03-22-2006, 01:41 AM
Roddick, drenched in sweat, politely declined to be interviewed afterward, saying only that he was ''eager'' to get back on the court after losing in the fourth round in Indian Wells, Calif., last week.

they put EAGER in " "?!? :sobbing:

Deboogle!.
03-22-2006, 01:41 AM
It's just an old-fashioned ensemble :lol: I guess that's kinda how James is but it does look a little silly. On the other hand at least his clothes fit him, which is more than Rafa can say with his sleeves sticking out from under his jacket :lol:

and wtf is maria wearing? it's awful.they put EAGER in " "?!? :sobbing:Yes, because they were quoting him.. lol

surfpinky
03-22-2006, 01:43 AM
It's just an old-fashioned ensemble :lol: I guess that's kinda how James is but it does look a little silly. On the other hand at least his clothes fit him, which is more than Rafa can say with his sleeves sticking out from under his jacket :lol:

and wtf is maria wearing? it's awful.Yes, because they were quoting him.. lol
yes, what is maria wearing?!
rafa's face is red. |:

renee_chin
03-22-2006, 01:43 AM
ahh...i thought they're not convinced andy's "eager" :p

Deboogle!.
03-22-2006, 01:44 AM
It could just be the lighting of the pic.... or he's sunburnt... but his headband line :rolls:

Nah Renee, another FL newspaper also quoted him saying the same thing :)

surfpinky
03-22-2006, 01:45 AM
I didn't know rafa could get red, because he's so tan. :rolls:
oh man his headband line :sobbing:

Deboogle!.
03-22-2006, 01:46 AM
Carlos got an award so I'm sure there will be :drool: pics:hearts: of him too ;) Maybe Andy was a good boy ....like Maria and Venus and showed up too.

surfpinky
03-22-2006, 01:48 AM
where do you see the results?
yay carlos!

Deboogle!.
03-22-2006, 01:48 AM
http://www.starsforstarsmiami.com/winners/

surfpinky
03-22-2006, 01:49 AM
eee! GO KIMMAY!
and roger.
[:

surfpinky
03-22-2006, 01:49 AM
and mike and bob!

and all the winners, I could just go on but I won't.

Deboogle!.
03-22-2006, 01:50 AM
Ah yes there should be pics of :hearts:Bob & Mike:hearts: too :p

surfpinky
03-22-2006, 01:52 AM
hee.

snaillyyy
03-22-2006, 02:38 AM
and wtf is maria wearing? it's awful.Yes, because they were quoting him.. lol

Thats being nice Deb!, looks like it has been chewed by rats and is about to fall off.

morningglory
03-22-2006, 02:44 AM
Thats being nice Deb!, looks like it has been chewed by rats and is about to fall off.
I like it... and I'm kinda sure Andy and all the other guys are liking it too... if it really falls off then... :tape: :lol:
but wait, ya'll all girls in here, huh?

partygirl
03-22-2006, 03:39 AM
:rolls: @ getty
i type in james blake and i see 4 or 5 pictures of roger on a wall with his trophy:spit:
from the waist up james appears to be putting it together.

maria is a crime.
that much money & connections with a rockin' bod that can really wear anything does'nt mean you should...
i should know- tall girls with no boobs.:sobbing:

kim looks awesome but WTF is that dress? is it pants too??

i also typed in NASDAQ OPEN....
i got bahgdatis in a wet suit:drool:

...oh lubo too.

blosson
03-22-2006, 07:46 AM
Did Andy Roddick miss the NASQAD party?

Fumus
03-22-2006, 02:08 PM
Andy should suprise everyone and win Miami...lol

Deboogle!.
03-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Did Andy Roddick miss the NASQAD party?No the party is tonight.

from the Palm Beach Post:

RODDICK TOUTS LACOSTE TOGS: As Boca tennis champ Andy Roddick heads into the Nasdaq-100 Open at Key Biscayne, he's fulfilling his $25 million contract with apparel maker Lacoste. Roddick dropped by the alligator brand's store at the Village of Merrick Park in Coral Gables Monday night, to hawk in person his own green, black and white collection.

Deboogle!.
03-22-2006, 03:14 PM
once again they blow my mind |:
=================
USA’s Men and Miami
March 22nd, 2006 08:30 am
By Jen Moschella

Success at the Nasdaq is nothing new for the 2004 Champion, though Andy withdrew last year in the fourth round due to a wrist injury. The ’04 Champ will be joined here with his entire Davis Cup Team, Blake, Agassi, and the Bryan Brothers with Pat McEnroe commentating, in addition to two young American wild card players, Alex Kuznetsov and Donald Young. Robby Ginepri tops off the American men competing here, with Andy leading the pack being fourth seed.

Not only is this tournament debuting Instant Replay, it is debuting three American men in the Top Ten for the first time in over ten years.

You will be able to show support for our Andy as you always do by heading over to the USTA stands on the grounds at the Nasdaq and get yourself some bright new blue No Compromise wristbands, in both children and adult sizes. To get your matching apparel, go to the Pro Shop on here and get your matching ARF gear that will show your “true colors” of support and team spirit.

As for history that has already been made, Andy’s career-changing match was played here in 2001 when he defeated the great Pete Sampras. This tournament was originally founded by Butch Bucholz, the Nasdaq’s one and only director, back in 1980, and was known as the “Winter Wimbledon” as the Australian Open was then played in December. It began is Delray, was played in Boca Raton for a year, and then settled into its current residence in Miami in 1987, though it has held a few different titles. It was first known as the Lipton International Players Championships, then the Ericsson Open in 1999, and was named the Nadsaq100 in 2002 after the most actively traded exchange trading fund (ETF).

Stay tuned to AR.com for Miami Madness exclusives, Nasdaq history, and American success! GO ANDY!

Fumus
03-22-2006, 06:47 PM
Fourth round eh? lol...

partygirl
03-22-2006, 08:38 PM
with Pat McEnroe commentating
WOW! :eek: :rolleyes:
pat himself said on broadcast television he won't be there.
i remember cause i jumped for joy. :worship:

Deboogle!.
03-22-2006, 08:39 PM
yeah, PMac won't be there, once again AR.com has no idea what's going on.

cobalt60
03-22-2006, 08:41 PM
Who runs AR.com for Andy? Not very professional.

Deboogle!.
03-22-2006, 08:43 PM
that's being nice, Sue. I'm not sure who's actually in control - obviously they have some connections to him/his team for the updates and the like and the occasional interesting news item... but i thnk it's run on a day to day basis by fans that were picked several years ago who ran one of his first big fan sites. It's so embarrassing to him, though.

blosson
03-22-2006, 08:45 PM
No the party is tonight.

RODDICK TOUTS LACOSTE TOGS: As Boca tennis champ Andy Roddick heads into the Nasdaq-100 Open at Key Biscayne, he's fulfilling his $25 million contract with apparel maker Lacoste. Roddick dropped by the alligator brand's store at the Village of Merrick Park in Coral Gables Monday night, to hawk in person his own green, black and white collection.

I've mistaken the awards party with this one and thought "is Andy missing parties now?" :lol:

He looks relaxed in this picture, love the outfit but still hate the Ljubicic hair cut.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=83885

surfpinky
03-22-2006, 08:46 PM
No the party is tonight.

that is a great photo. He has a nice smile AND his eyes are also smiling. Usually, when he poses for pictures, he has this forced-painful-to-look-at smile. |:
hee.

williaer
03-22-2006, 09:15 PM
andy's hair (or lack thereof) still makes me sad sometimes, but in this picture it's not too bad! he also looks super tall... i mean - i know he's tall and all, but... oh, i don't know.
oh no... he's going to be skinhead for his fragrance photoshoot...

Havok
03-22-2006, 10:22 PM
I love Lacoste. I need to be rich like now so I could own everything in that store :drool:.

Noelle
03-22-2006, 11:22 PM
He looks relaxed in this picture, love the outfit but still hate the Ljubicic hair cut.:rolls:

williaer
03-23-2006, 01:31 AM
Roddick eager to rebound from funk

A few dozen diehard fans -- and the newly installed instant-replay screens -- stared down onto center court on a sunny Monday afternoon as Andy Roddick, determined to get out of a funk, whacked balls with his hitting partner in preparation for this week's NASDAQ-100 Open in Key Biscayne.

______
you can read the whole article here: http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/tennis/14147936.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_tennis

Deboogle!.
03-23-2006, 01:33 AM
Sowwy Ellen ;) :p http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=3237594&postcount=154

renee_chin
03-23-2006, 02:10 AM
Deb, thanks for clearing up the quotation marks thing - I must've missed the earlier statement-thingy :p I thought the press has started to get sarcastic with Andy - lol!

As for who runs ar.com, as far as I know, they've gotten hired help to run things in general, but the few 'article writers' are, indeed, fans - probably those who Deb mentioned. And, as I know, at least one of them are based in UK.

Deboogle!.
03-23-2006, 02:17 AM
Deb, thanks for clearing up the quotation marks thing - I must've missed the earlier statement-thingy :p I thought the press has started to get sarcastic with Andy - lol!:)As for who runs ar.com, as far as I know, they've gotten hired help to run things in general, but the few 'article writers' are, indeed, fans - probably those who Deb mentioned. And, as I know, at least one of them are based in UK.Yes, the Flory sisters are from the UK. I'm sure the people who technically run it are hired and whatever but it's the articles that represent the site and that's what's done so poorly and by volunteer fans, I think. Not that volunteer fans are bad in and of themselves.... but...............

williaer
03-23-2006, 02:34 AM
Sowwy Ellen ;) :p http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=3237594&postcount=154
well that's a dagger in the ol' heart :p

Golfnduck
03-23-2006, 02:42 AM
Andy looks hot in this picture :hearts: I really really really hope he does well in Miami, or else :smash:

renee_chin
03-23-2006, 03:00 AM
what a bummer - the masters series broadband site is charging a subscription fee starting this event - i thought they're gonna give us another free tourney :(

i don't know if i want to pay for all those stuff.... :sad:

Deboogle!.
03-23-2006, 03:01 AM
I'm cheap, so I wouldn't pay.. but that's me. :lol:

it really is too bad it's not free. I mean, I realize maintaining a site with that kind of traffic and those huge streams and stuff is expensive, but cmon.

renee_chin
03-23-2006, 03:08 AM
yeah... they didn't even put that many stuff on there during IW which was suppose to promote this whole deal...

tangerine_dream
03-23-2006, 03:08 AM
"Just looking through some manly attire before I head over to The Bird Cage for a nightcap..."

Deboogle!.
03-23-2006, 03:10 AM
"Just looking through some manly attire before I head over to The Bird Cage for a nightcap..."HOLY SHIT :sobbing: :haha: :rolls: :spit:

surfpinky
03-23-2006, 03:14 AM

Deboogle!.
03-23-2006, 03:20 AM
ohmygod your av.

surfpinky
03-23-2006, 03:22 AM
it's delicious mmmmm

williaer
03-23-2006, 10:37 AM
Blake, Roddick host Miami party for Nasdaq-100

The Associated Press
James Blake knows he's in town for business, but first, the former Harvard star took care of some pleasure.

Blake and Andy Roddick hosted a Nasdaq-100 Open players party at the Delano Hotel on Wednesday night.

In a city crawling with spring breakers, aspiring models and an always present night life, Blake said he's trying to stay focused on his tennis game.

"Miami is great," Blake said. "I'm trying to do my best to avoid distractions and get ready for tomorrow."

He mingled poolside with guests, posed for photographs with admiring female fans and lounged in a cabana with friends.

Roddick, who went to high school in nearby Boca Raton, used the event to catch up with family and friends.

"It's always nice coming back here," he said. "First and foremost, it's about playing tennis, but it shouldn't be too hard to have a good time tonight."

Dressed in tiny shorts and high heels, six-foot tall Maria Sharapova also posed for photos before joining the party that had music ranging from Michael Jackson to Snoop Dogg.

The tournament concludes April 2.

Deboogle!.
03-23-2006, 01:49 PM
So where are all the pictures they took :rolleyes:

edit: Never Mind. Getty is adding them now.

Andy looked good :)

acoffeygirl
03-23-2006, 04:09 PM
OK the jeans were totally thrashed (I do know this is the style, just not my favorite) but at least he was wearing nice shoes!! :)

surfpinky
03-23-2006, 04:59 PM
omc, is andy wearing pointy boots?
heeee
|:
he looks great :hearts:

blosson
03-23-2006, 05:25 PM
Ripped jeans are so 80's rock star thing, so over. We got to ask Abercrombie to stop making those jeans. Somebody gotta tell Andy it's not cool anymore.

surfpinky
03-23-2006, 05:30 PM
lol they are actually making a comeback, at least, everyone here has them |:

Volcanic Tennis
03-23-2006, 06:04 PM
O_O!! @ Andy/Robby doubles. Interesting O_O I didn't think I'd see him playing doubles O_O

O_O I'm so shocked. LOL @ the article! "six-foot tall Sharapova" They always specify her height O_O STILL SHOCKED.

surfpinky
03-23-2006, 06:09 PM
ooo wow, didn't see that coming. |:
they face coria and luis manrique (ECU)

Deboogle!.
03-23-2006, 06:14 PM
:retard: Talk about zero confidence on that side of the court :rolls:

I wonder if this will backfire like the last time Andy played doubles - in Madrid - he had hoped to get the match scheduled before his singles and it wasn't and he was mad about it. I bet he wants to play tomorrow...

Wait, the ticket schedule on the tourney site says doubles doesn't start til Sunday. Well that's bizarre. wtf are you doing Andy :lol:

acoffeygirl
03-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Um wow doubles....interesting.

tangerine_dream
03-23-2006, 06:23 PM
So where are all the pictures they took
edit: Never Mind. Getty is adding them now.
Andy looked good

OK the jeans were totally thrashed (I do know this is the style, just not my favorite) but at least he was wearing nice shoes!!

omc, is andy wearing pointy boots?
heeee |:he looks great :hearts:
http://www.onemarket.ca/images/smilies/worthlesswithoutpics.gif

Deboogle!.
03-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Tangy, you're killing me. You know getty pics are not allowed here :sobbing:

surfpinky
03-23-2006, 06:30 PM
:sobbing:

tangerine_dream
03-23-2006, 06:31 PM
That is not true. Nowhere on this board have the admins announced that Getty pics are not allowed to be posted. It's only been announced on WTA World and they made a sticky for it in GM so that everyone would see.

And just because it was announced on WTA doesn't mean it goes the same for MTF, unless they make a formal announcement. There are many of us who never set foot in WTA and therefore would not know of the socalled "no Getty pics" rule.

Gravity uploads Getty pics to his photos albums often so I don't see why we can't do the same. And he's a mod.

Besides, I added these as attachments not as direct links, so Getty will never know anyway. :)

Deboogle!.
03-23-2006, 06:31 PM
Well I was told to delete them a while back by Amanda. And it was discussed in some threads here. I'm not gonna go around deleting pics anymore but technically, it is against the rules.

http://menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=21398 :shrug:

Fee
03-23-2006, 06:36 PM
It was announced somewhere about a year ago, back when the the word Getty was *** out by the filter. I remember just telling someone to go there to do a search and the link was blocked out. It does seem to have been ralxed lately though, I've seen a bunch of active links to getty pics in assorted threads here.

Deboogle!.
03-23-2006, 06:40 PM
www.**************** is still starred out, as you can see.

tangerine_dream
03-23-2006, 06:44 PM
I just PM'd Amanda and Gravity about it so hopefully someone will say for sure whether Getty pics are allowed or not.

As far as I'm concerned, if no formal annoucement was made a la a sticky note for everyone to see, then it's ok to post them as attachments. :)

Havok
03-23-2006, 06:45 PM
Why is James dressed like an old fart for?:o

Andy looks fine, but that "rip" in his jeans is a bit too long, and those shoes :scared:. Sorry but I'm just never a fan of those types of shoes. Andy should look into the crossover shoes that look like a gym shoe but can pass as a formal dressed up shoe, for young guys.;)

Deboogle!.
03-23-2006, 06:47 PM
ok tangy, let me know :)

I dunno Naldo, James dressed old fashioned at the awards ceremony the night before too. Guess that's just the way he is, but he usually looks pretty good :)

I'm glad Andy's playing doubles, it's just odd that he chose to do it if he won't play til after his singles match.

another pic :)

Deboogle!.
03-23-2006, 07:35 PM
So who's right, the tourney's ticket schedule which lists doubles as starting on sunday or AR.com which says tomorrow? :p
===========
Andy Doubles Up in Miami
March 23rd, 2006 02:56 pm
By Kate Flory

Andy has decided to double up at the 2006 Nasdaq-100 Open in Miami. He will partner fellow American, Robby Ginepri in the doubles main draw which gets underway tomorrow.

In the first round, the all American pairing will take on wildcards Guillermo Coria (ARG) and Luis Manrique (ECU). The four have never met before on a doubles court, but with three top class singles players in the mix they will be sure to draw in the crowds.

The new doubles rules have seen more top ranked singles players enter in events and in the Nasdaq-100 Open main draw Mark Philippoussis and Marat Safin have also struck up a surprise partnership.

This is not the first time that Andy has played doubles with his friend, Robby Ginepri. Last year at the Nasdaq-100 event they partnered each other and beat Hewitt/Philippoussis in the first round before falling to the high ranked pairing of Knowles/Nestor in the second round.

In singles action, Andy’s second round opponent will be determined later on today when Andrei Pavel takes on Alberto Martin. Stay tuned to AR.com for all the latest news from Miami. Go Andy!

cobalt60
03-23-2006, 07:50 PM
Me thinks tomorrow. When I went last year I went early and got to watch doubles so....

surfpinky
03-23-2006, 07:50 PM
pfft easy deb...
ar.com of course. |:

surfpinky
03-23-2006, 07:51 PM
oh! mike's girlfriend is pretty!
or friend...girl...friend who is a girl. d:

Fee
03-23-2006, 07:52 PM
I went to last year's Miami forum and the first doubles matches I saw on the schedule were Saturday not Friday, sooo... I guess we'll know in a few hours when the OOP comes out.

Ran across my old 'As the MTF turns' thread. That was kind of funny.

Deboogle!.
03-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Nat I don't think that's Mike's girlfriend, whoever he thanked in Vegas was blond... the caption says it's just a fan. so I dunno :lol:

aw that thread.... hahahaha

surfpinky
03-23-2006, 07:55 PM
I haven't seen that thread... is it in this forum?

Deboogle!.
03-23-2006, 07:56 PM
noo it was last year Miami... can't believe that was a year ago, boy how time flies :lol:

surfpinky
03-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Nat I don't think that's Mike's girlfriend, whoever he thanked in Vegas was blond... the caption says it's just a fan. so I dunno :lol:

aw that thread.... hahahaha
o :retard:

well, she's pretty! [:

Deboogle!.
03-23-2006, 07:58 PM
hehe

yes she is

What I don't understand is if all these other players were at the party, why does Getty only have pics of 4?????

surfpinky
03-23-2006, 08:00 PM
I was wondering that too deb.

WHERE'S CARLOS?
WHERE'S ROGER?
damnit, did they go?

blosson
03-23-2006, 08:03 PM
oh! mike's girlfriend is pretty!
or friend...girl...friend who is a girl. d:

If she's not Mike's girl, I bet Andy will invite her to go swimming.

Deboogle!.
03-23-2006, 08:04 PM
The description on the tourney site says Roger did.

http://www.nasdaq-100open.com/news/photos/gallery21875.html

Of course, they call mike bryan a fan and that's not Wesley Moodie so maybe they don't know much :p

edit: Wait that's BOB. He's wearing BEADS. :lol: So yea that girl may have been with him, I dunno what his dating life is like right now lol

blosson
03-23-2006, 08:06 PM
eeerh, Maria's fans :unsure:
http://images.nasdaq-100open.com/news/img22090f.jpg

surfpinky
03-23-2006, 08:14 PM
The description on the tourney site says Roger did.

http://www.nasdaq-100open.com/news/photos/gallery21875.html

Of course, they call mike bryan a fan and that's not Wesley Moodie so maybe they don't know much :p

edit: Wait that's BOB. He's wearing BEADS. :lol: So yea that girl may have been with him, I dunno what his dating life is like right now lol
lol, I can't tell which one is which unless they are standing next to each other. |:

surfpinky
03-23-2006, 08:16 PM
eeerh, Maria's fans :unsure:
http://images.nasdaq-100open.com/news/img22090f.jpg
maria looked pretty!

ew perverted old men. |:

Deboogle!.
03-23-2006, 08:16 PM
lol, I can't tell which one is which unless they are standing next to each other. |:Bob is the only one that wears beads around his neck :p beads for bob. :p

surfpinky
03-23-2006, 08:20 PM
:sobbing: ok now he's starting to look like bob :sobbing:
so rude of the nasdaq website just to say "No. 4 ranked ATP player, Andy Roddick with fans."
hee.