Tommy's back in his 2nd home -Sunshine State- Nasdaq100 Miami [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tommy's back in his 2nd home -Sunshine State- Nasdaq100 Miami

<Eve>
03-15-2006, 10:12 PM
Maybe a little bit early,
but I wanted to start a new thread..!!

Come on, let's give tommy a cheer!!
:bounce::bounce:

come ooooon

03-15-2006, 10:19 PM
LOL maybe you should have said Tommy is back in his second home? I don't think Germany is going to give Tommy up without a fight :p Now if we can just manage not to get another thread started about this same Tournament I think we will be alright :rolleyes:

<Eve>
03-15-2006, 10:23 PM
LOL maybe you should have said Tommy is back in his second home? I don't think Germany is going to give Tommy up without a fight :p Now if we can just manage not to get another thread started about this same Tournament I think we will be alright :rolleyes:Done, thanks.. :lol: if he was dutch i wouldn't give him up aswell so here's the name change :D

Well..... otherwise Neely can fix it and put 2 threads together!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

03-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Done, thanks.. :lol: if he was dutch i wouldn't give him up aswell so here's the name change :D

Well..... otherwise Neely can fix it and put 2 threads together!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D
Much better I'm sure all German tennis fans appreciate your change ;) Poor Neely we do give her a hard time about fixing our threads for us :sad: I'm glad she is German so I'm sure she wants Tommy's Forum to look nice ;)

<Eve>
03-15-2006, 10:34 PM
but don't feel bad because we're not the ones to start a 2nd thread about the same tournament ;)

03-15-2006, 10:40 PM
but don't feel bad because we're not the ones to start a 2nd thread about the same tournament ;)
LOL I can't talk about people starting 2nd threads because while I have never started a second thread here in Tommy's Forum. I have done it in other Forums :eek: Neely had to bail me out there :rolleyes:

<Eve>
03-15-2006, 10:45 PM
LOL I can't talk about people starting 2nd threads because while I have never started a second thread here in Tommy's Forum. I have done it in other Forums :eek: Neely had to bail me out there :rolleyes::lol: i don't know if i've ever done it!! nobody had to bail me out yet!! :lol: do you think neely can close this thread because we're off-topic allready?! :p ;)

Fee
03-16-2006, 07:08 AM
Oh, my bad. I forgot to look down the forum a little bit and started a thread! Lash me with the wet noodles!!!!!!!! :lol:

I've already edited it, so hopefully no one will post in it. My excuse is that it's late on the West Coast. yeah, that's it...

<Eve>
03-16-2006, 07:12 AM
Oh, my bad. I forgot to look down the forum a little bit and started a thread! Lash me with the wet noodles!!!!!!!! :lol:

I've already edited it, so hopefully no one will post in it. My excuse is that it's late on the West Coast. yeah, that's it...:lol: :lol:!!
*slap slap slap* ;)

03-16-2006, 09:04 AM

I've already edited it, so hopefully no one will post in it. My excuse is that it's late on the West Coast. yeah, that's it...
LOL Fee Tommy Girl and I must have known someone was going to do a double thread because we posted about it.
We just didn't know who was going to do it. And after all the mistakes I have made it does make me feel better that you can make a mistake too ;) Since you have helped me so much I will protect you from the wet noodles :angel:

Alexiana
03-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Done, thanks.. :lol: if he was dutch i wouldn't give him up aswell so here's the name change :D

don't dare doing that again :mad: :mad: ;)

03-17-2006, 02:36 AM
Maybe Tommy has spend too much time in the U.S. because I corrected a poster that said "Tommy was the American King of the Hard Courts". I said "don't you mean that Tommy is the German King of the American Hard Courts"? I don't know how that poster liked being corrected by me, but what I said was a true statement. I mean we love having Tommy in the U.S., but he is German. That is what makes Tommy Tommy ;)

Breakaway
03-17-2006, 04:43 AM
Good luck in Miami Tommy! I hope you can continue on your winning ways! :D

03-17-2006, 04:52 AM
And pleeeeeeeeeease don't get sick or injuried in Miami :rolleyes:

<Eve>
03-17-2006, 03:40 PM
oh oh :scared: :scared: i wouldn't dare doing it again alexia!! :p

but you know what I found out yesterday?!?!

I'm partly German!! 1/8 part! So Tommy is now officially mine! :devil: :o ;)

<Eve>
03-17-2006, 03:41 PM
And pleeeeeeeeeease don't get sick or injuried in Miami :rolleyes:
exactly!! :rocker2:

:secret: psst.. you know what?! i think tommy will beat everyone!! :aplot:

03-17-2006, 04:57 PM
I think what we should do is send a food taster to Florida with Tommy so he can't get any more bad food. And I would be happy to have that job :p

Alexiana
03-17-2006, 06:15 PM
oh oh :scared: :scared: i wouldn't dare doing it again alexia!! :p

but you know what I found out yesterday?!?!

I'm partly German!! 1/8 part! So Tommy is now officially mine! :devil: :o ;)

hey, I'm half german, so he is more mine ;) Can you speak German?

03-17-2006, 06:47 PM
hey, I'm half german, so he is more mine ;) Can you speak German?
Hey Alexiana since I guess you were born in Germany I think that gives you full credit to get Tommy :) Sorry Tommy Girl :rolleyes:

Alexiana
03-17-2006, 06:47 PM
Hey Alexiana since I guess you were born in Germany I think that gives you full credit to get Tommy :) Sorry Tommy Girl :rolleyes:

yes, I would say that too :cool: :cool:

03-17-2006, 06:51 PM
yes, I would say that too :cool: :cool:
Somehow I knew you would agree with me :p

Jogy
03-18-2006, 01:25 PM
:yeah: good luck Tommy, and don't eat bad food again!!! :(

03-19-2006, 01:00 AM
:worship: Auf gehts Tommy :worship:

Alexiana
03-19-2006, 11:18 AM
Los gehts Tommy, zeigs ihnen :cool:

atheneglaukopis
03-19-2006, 11:47 PM
Maybe Tommy has spend too much time in the U.S. because I corrected a poster that said "Tommy was the American King of the Hard Courts". I said "don't you mean that Tommy is the German King of the American Hard Courts"? I don't know how that poster liked being corrected by me, but what I said was a true statement. I mean we love having Tommy in the U.S., but he is German. That is what makes Tommy Tommy ;)
As I recall it was actually "American hard court king", which is in fact ambiguous between (American hard court) king, i.e. king of American hard courts, and American (hard court king), i.e. American king of hard courts. I'm also pretty sure it was the former that was meant, because he had just won two hc titles in America, and that if they had been in Australia, say, he would have been called the "Australian hard court king" with less potential for confusion.

03-20-2006, 12:47 AM
As I recall it was actually "American hard court king", which is in fact ambiguous between (American hard court) king, i.e. king of American hard courts, and American (hard court king), i.e. American king of hard courts. I'm also pretty sure it was the former that was meant, because he had just won two hc titles in America, and that if they had been in Australia, say, he would have been called the "Australian hard court king" with less potential for confusion.
Well I would have to go back and try to find that post, but the way it was worded to me at the time made it sound like Tommy was an "American" king. And Tommy isn't "American", but as I said we would love to have him ;)

Alexiana
03-20-2006, 12:55 PM
probably a misunderstanding and nothing to fight about :)
I can understand both statements :)

03-20-2006, 05:03 PM
probably a misunderstanding and nothing to fight about :)
I can understand both statements :)
Yes I was sure what the poster was actually posting about was the fact that Tommy had won two hard court Tournaments already this year. And he might have won even more if he hadn't been injuried/sick :bigcry:

atheneglaukopis
03-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Agreed on all counts--it was a misunderstanding that I was trying to clear up, and Tommy must have the second-worst luck on tour. In a dream match between him and Blake, something was bound to go wrong with one of them. :(

<Eve>
03-20-2006, 07:33 PM
Well.... he's just OURS deal!? :p

und ich spreche ein biBchen deutsch...! nicht sehr gut, aber ich verstehe es 'gut' und ich denke das wenn ich in deutschland komm, die leute mir verstehen wenn ich deutsch spreche ;)

i think the .. (i don't know the english word for it) the things like: der/den/ein/einer etc.. are really hard to learn... but i had german for 4 years in high school..! :D

Grofica
03-20-2006, 09:02 PM
I know this is tread for Nasdaq but I have to ask! What happen against Blake!? I was watching first set to
3:3 and than fall asleep and in the morning I checked score and Tommy ret. I know it was few days ago but I still don't know what happend?

Alexiana
03-20-2006, 10:05 PM
I know this is tread for Nasdaq but I have to ask! What happen against Blake!? I was watching first set to
3:3 and than fall asleep and in the morning I checked score and Tommy ret. I know it was few days ago but I still don't know what happend?

Tommy suffered from food poisoning and had to give up... :mad: :mad:

Alexiana
03-20-2006, 10:06 PM
what a f--------- draw for Tommy :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad:

(1) FEDERER, Roger SUI v Bye
Qualifier v CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA
HORNA, Luis PER v MAYER, Florian GER
Bye v (27) HAAS, Tommy GER
(24) ANDREEV, Igor RUS v Bye
BRACCIALI, Daniele ITA v Qualifier
TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS v Qualifier
Bye v (14) FERRERO, Juan Carlos ESP

(9) BLAKE, James USA v Bye
BERLOCQ, Carlos ARG v (WC) YOUNG, Donald USA
(WC) PHILIPPOUSSIS, Mark AUS v SANGUINETTI, Davide ITA
Bye v (23) NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN
(32) CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG v Bye
RUSEDSKI, Greg GBR v YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS
VLIEGEN, Kristof BEL v PASHANSKI, Boris SCG
Bye v (8) GAUDIO, Gaston ARG

(4) RODDICK, Andy USA v Bye
PAVEL, Andrei ROM v MARTIN, Alberto ESP
SEPPI, Andreas ITA v SPADEA, Vincent USA
Bye v (31) VERDASCO, Fernando ESP
(17) HRBATY, Dominik SVK v Bye
Qualifier v SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn THA
SAFIN, Marat RUS v HENMAN, Tim GBR
Bye v (13) HEWITT, Lleyton AUS

(11) FERRER, David ESP v Bye
MONTANES, Albert ESP v Qualifier
LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP v (WC) KUZNETSOV, Alex USA
Bye v (19) GROSJEAN, Sebastien FRA
(29) ROCHUS, Olivier BEL v Bye
MULLER, Gilles LUX v MIRNYI, Max BLR
MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA v DJOKOVIC, Novak SG
Bye v (7) CORIA, Guillermo ARG

(5) DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS v Bye
Qualifier v Qualifier
Qualifier v (WC) QUERREY, Sam USA
Bye v (25) BAGHDATIS, Marcos CYP
(22) ANCIC, Mario CRO v Bye
MELZER, Jurgen AUT v Qualifier
SIMON, Gilles FRA v SERRA, Florent FRA
Bye v (12) GASQUET, Richard FRA

(15) STEPANEK, Radek CZE v Bye
MALISSE, Xavier BEL v (WC) LAPENTTI, Nicolas ECU
MASSU, Nicolas CHI v SLUITER, Raemon NED
Bye v (21) ROBREDO, Tommy ESP
(26) BERDYCH, Tomas CZE v Bye
ZIB, Tomas CZE v ACASUSO, Jose ARG
Qualifier v GOLDSTEIN, Paul USA
Bye v (3) NALBANDIAN, David ARG

(6) LJUBICIC, Ivan CRO v Bye
BJORKMAN, Jonas SWE v VIK, Robin CZE
Qualifier v Qualifier
Bye v (30) VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA
(20) GINEPRI, Robby USA v Bye
CARLSEN, Kenneth DEN v SAULNIER, Cyril FRA
ROCHUS, Christophe BEL v MOODIE, Wesley RSA
Bye v (10) AGASSI, Andre USA

(16) KIEFER, Nicolas GER v Bye
SANTORO, Fabrice FRA v KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO
MURRAY, Andy GBR v WAWRINKA, Stanislas SUI
Bye v (18) GONZALEZ, Fernando CHI
(28) MONFILS, Gael FRA v Bye
MONACO, Juan ARG v CALLERI, Agustin ARG
MOYA, Carlos ESP v HANESCU, Victor ROM
Bye v (2) NADAL, Rafael ESP

Alexiana
03-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Well.... he's just OURS deal!? :p

und ich spreche ein biBchen deutsch...! nicht sehr gut, aber ich verstehe es 'gut' und ich denke das wenn ich in deutschland komm, die leute mir verstehen wenn ich deutsch spreche ;)

i think the .. (i don't know the english word for it) the things like: der/den/ein/einer etc.. are really hard to learn... but i had german for 4 years in high school..! :D

hey das war echt sehr gut :) :yeah:

atheneglaukopis
03-21-2006, 01:14 AM
what a f--------- draw for Tommy :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad:

See, I said he had the second-worst luck of the tour. Right now he has the second-worst luck after Clement.

03-21-2006, 03:55 AM
hey das war echt sehr gut :) :yeah:
Alright now ladies remember that there are those of us who are :retard: :silly: and can't learn any language other than our own. And I'm not even too sure about that :unsure:

yumo
03-21-2006, 07:33 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

03-21-2006, 09:44 AM
I know I should look this up on the ATP Site, but since I'm lazy I will just ask it here. Did Tommy play in Miami last year? And if so how far did he get in the Tournament? It's
strange for some reason I can't remember the Miami Tournament from last year :retard:

Alexiana
03-21-2006, 10:04 AM
I know I should look this up on the ATP Site, but since I'm lazy I will just ask it here. Did Tommy play in Miami last year? And if so how far did he get in the Tournament? It's
strange for some reason I can't remember the Miami Tournament from last year :retard:

he lost in R32 against Ancic so he hasn't got a lot of points to defend...

<Eve>
03-21-2006, 05:30 PM
OMG :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
whaaaaa :bigcry:
why oh whyyyyyyy
federer and clement.... so early in the tournament :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Grofica
03-21-2006, 08:46 PM
Well........is not like Federer is unbeatabl.....miracles do happen!!!

03-21-2006, 10:15 PM
Well........is not like Federer is unbeatabl.....miracles do happen!!!
Not often with The Fed :sad: But Tommy did beat Clement the last time they played so maybe that will turn out alright :unsure:

me9927
03-22-2006, 01:04 AM
Tommys' evil luck continues :mad:
But Roger often seems to play below his best in the early rounds so this is probably Tommys' best chance to win if he has to play Federer... :shrug:
and I can't really see any easy sections of the draw anyway

Alexiana
03-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Tommys' evil luck continues :mad:
But Roger often seems to play below his best in the early rounds so this is probably Tommys' best chance to win if he has to play Federer... :shrug:
and I can't really see any easy sections of the draw anyway

thats what I was hoping too. If he wants to beat Federer it will be easier in the first than in the last rounds, when Federer is on top of his game.

<Eve>
03-22-2006, 09:08 PM
I hope you're all right!! :woohoo:
but we already know haas can def. federer!! so, auf gehtst tommy!!
:bounce: :bounce:

03-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Well Tommy did beat Federer once, but since it wasn't a real Tournament it didn't count. And it is best to catch Federer in the early rounds. And even when he bet James Blake in the IW Final. The score, except for the 1st Set, looked like it was Federer as usual. But I got to watch that Match on TV and that is the poorest I have ever seen Federer play. He would hit balls out some, but I don't think I have ever seen him hit so many balls into the net as I did in that Match. So Auf gefts Tommy ;)

<Eve>
03-23-2006, 07:32 AM
Well Tommy did beat Federer once, but since it wasn't a real Tournament it didn't count. And it is best to catch Federer in the early rounds. And even when he bet James Blake in the IW Final. The score, except for the 1st Set, looked like it was Federer as usual. But I got to watch that Match on TV and that is the poorest I have ever seen Federer play. He would hit balls out some, but I don't think I have ever seen him hit so many balls into the net as I did in that Match. So Auf gefts Tommy ;)
Yeah baby! :worship: :worship:
Come on Federer! Hit more balls in the net against Tommy! :woohoo:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-23-2006, 08:07 AM
Nothing to say, :tape: just hope Tommy will push his limit against that Federer! :rolleyes:

Alexiana
03-23-2006, 09:40 AM
on his homepage he says that he is alright and no more suffering from the illness, but that he is lucky to be playing later this week, cause his body needs some rest from the illness and he will be more powerful.

03-23-2006, 11:18 PM
on his homepage he says that he is alright and no more suffering from the illness, but that he is lucky to be playing later this week, cause his body needs some rest from the illness and he will be more powerful.
That is mainly the part that bothers me. You aren't sick and then instantly well like the illness had never happened. The body is still weak and a tennis player doesn't need a weak body. Especially with this draw :scared:

<Eve>
03-24-2006, 10:34 AM
well... he had 9 days to rest.. and the illness was food poisoning and not an infection, the flu, or something else...

I've searched the internet and the thing i've found is that the recovery of food poisoning is taking 2 or 3 days to recover completely..
So after his poisoning, he's been ill for 3 days and had 6 more days to his match of tomorrow! :D

So i think he'll be just fine against Horna!! I hope so! :bounce:

<Eve>
03-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Too bad i can't see the order of play for tomorrow yet! :awww:
I want to go out, have a few :drink: :drink: and then watch the live score! :lol:

so.... tommy has to play the first nightmatch in the stadium at 7pm i hope! :p

Grofica
03-24-2006, 10:58 AM
what does mean So Auf gefts Tommy?

Alexiana
03-24-2006, 04:43 PM
what does mean So Auf gefts Tommy?

there was a mistake in that sentence. It is called: Auf geht's Tommy and means Let's go Tommy :)

Alexiana
03-24-2006, 04:43 PM
That is mainly the part that bothers me. You aren't sick and then instantly well like the illness had never happened. The body is still weak and a tennis player doesn't need a weak body. Especially with this draw :scared:

you are always so pessimistic :lol:

<Eve>
03-24-2006, 05:27 PM
there was a mistake in that sentence. It is called: Auf geht's Tommy and means Let's go Tommy :)
I always thought it meant: 'Come on Tommy'!
Oh well.. it's sort of the same anyway... :rolleyes:

<Eve>
03-24-2006, 05:30 PM
you are always so pessimistic :lol:
:eek: :o

... but i agree :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :angel:

:secret: hey mae (or shall i call you by your real name from now on:devil: ;), i posted it in another thread here, but food poisoning is over after 3 days! so tommy will be just fine!!

Alexiana
03-24-2006, 07:08 PM
I always thought it meant: 'Come on Tommy'!
Oh well.. it's sort of the same anyway... :rolleyes:

Come on is Komm schon :)

<Eve>
03-24-2006, 07:12 PM
ah! in dutch it's 'Kom op!'

Alexiana
03-24-2006, 07:16 PM
ah! in dutch it's 'Kom op!'

yeah :cool:

03-24-2006, 11:30 PM
Well at least we have one positive thinker in the group ;)
I'm trying to thing of Tommy as well and healthy and if I think of him that way maybe he will be that way :cool:

Jogy
03-25-2006, 12:06 PM
Time comes soon when Tommy kills Horna today! :D

los, Tommy! :yeah: :devil:

Alexiana
03-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Well at least we have one positive thinker in the group ;)
I'm trying to thing of Tommy as well and healthy and if I think of him that way maybe he will be that way :cool:

yeah, thats the Mae I wanna hear ;)

03-25-2006, 09:25 PM
yeah, thats the Mae I wanna hear ;)
Tommy's Match is underway, but it just got started and Tommy won the 1st game. Federer is killing Clement. I was confused in the draw. I thought Tommy was going to play Clement then if he beat Clement, he had to play Roger :confused: I don't know anything about Horna?

Alexiana
03-25-2006, 10:09 PM
I just came online to see the live score of Tommys match but he already won 6-0, 6-3 :yeah: I think he's alright ;)

03-25-2006, 10:55 PM
Yes Tommy did well ;) But my surprise was Federer and Clement. Federer won the 1st Set 6-2 and was leading 4-1 in the 2nd Set when I made the earlier post. But Clement came back and took the 2nd Set 6-7(4). But then Roger was Roger and won the 3rd Set 6-0! They didn't show any of Tommy's Match at all at least while I was home. I had to walk the dog and when I got back the tennis was ending and Federer was smiling with his racket kind of lifted in the air so I knew he had won and went to the Site and found his score.

Neely
03-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Very good score, Tommy! :bounce: :woohoo:
Now go and get Federer! :devil:
:angel:

Alexiana
03-26-2006, 12:18 PM
Very good score, Tommy! :bounce: :woohoo:
Now go and get Federer! :devil:

I would love that :yeah:

<Eve>
03-26-2006, 01:29 PM
I would love that :yeah:
me too!!!!!! :worship: :devil:

the score is absolutely great!!! i still believe tommy has a change against federer!!
even though the vBet is really pessimistic (0.14 federer, 6.50 tommy) :o

Grofica
03-26-2006, 09:45 PM

thanks .......anyway I don't speak german so I haven't seen mistake:):):)

lately it seems that lot of people are capable of taking one set against Federer maybe it is time to beat him someone else who isn't Nadal!! It might be Hass:):):):)

03-27-2006, 02:04 AM
thanks .......anyway I don't speak german so I haven't seen mistake:):):)

lately it seems that lot of people are capable of taking one set against Federer maybe it is time to beat him someone else who isn't Nadal!! It might be Hass:):):):)
Yes there have been a lot of times this year that Roger hasn't played like Roger. But before people can take advantage of it--Roger starts playing like Roger again :ras:
I would love to see Tommy beat him :inlove:

Alexiana
03-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Stadium: 7:00 PM Start

1. Men's Singles: 3rd Round Draw

Roger Federer (SUI) [1] vs. Tommy Haas (GER) [27]

wow, I'm really nervous :scared:

Neely
03-27-2006, 01:04 PM
wow, I'm really nervous :scared:
yeah, but most of you will be really tired when you want to follow the match online. Since we already changed to summer time, Florida is now behind 7 hours to our time which makes it even later for us to stay up for these evening matches :mad:

Grofica
03-27-2006, 01:25 PM
yeah, but most of you will be really tired when you want to follow the match online. Since we already changed to summer time, Florida is now behind 7 hours to our time which makes it even later for us to stay up for these evening matches :mad:

if changed time wasn't Florida supose to change too?

Jogy
03-27-2006, 02:03 PM
Thank Neely for good info. I not did know it is 7 hours behind our time now :)
maybe I set clock to wake up for match!

NOW COME ON TOMMY AND WHIPP FEDERER AROUND ON THE COURT!!!!!! do it please! :D

Alexiana
03-27-2006, 02:08 PM

I won't be following it online, have to get up early tomorrow. I'm waiting for the highlights :)

Neely
03-27-2006, 02:47 PM
if changed time wasn't Florida supose to change too?
It will change in the USA too, but one week later than we in Europe. In the USA they use the first Sunday of April, in Europe it is the last Sunday of March. That's why it's currently seven hours difference between Germany (or Serbia) and Florida.

I won't be following it online, have to get up early tomorrow. I'm waiting for the highlights :)
yeah, if I miss it, I hope somebody uploads the highlights again!

Alexiana
03-27-2006, 04:05 PM
It will change in the USA too, but one week later than we in Europe. In the USA they use the first Sunday of April, in Europe it is the last Sunday of March. That's why it's currently seven hours difference between Germany (or Serbia) and Florida.

someone will record it for sure. Its kind of a blockbuster ;)

03-27-2006, 04:55 PM

Neely is right on as always. The U.S. goes to DST on April the 2nd. Sorry it will make it later for all of you :sad: I guess I should be looking up and trying to find when ours ends. It used to be the last of Oct., but I think Congress passed a law to make it last on into Nov. But I'm not sure
:unsure: Anything that really doesn't need to be bothered our Congress bothers. but they don't make changes in really important things like they should. They go round and round about Daylight Savings Time when they should be working on other things. That is why I don't know what the change was because they kept fighting on the date :fiery:

Neely
03-28-2006, 12:44 AM
Mae, thanks for information about probable new rule about daylight saving time, I didn't know :eek:

Back to Tommy... he lost the first set against Federer 1-6 :sad:
I hope he can play a better 2nd set :scared:

Neely
03-28-2006, 01:21 AM
Tommy lost 1-6 and 3-6 :sad:
damn, I expected a bit more. If not a win, then at least a closer match...

03-28-2006, 06:03 AM
Oh Neely I know. Tommy looked so handsome. I got to see him on TV, but The Fed just took him apart. I couldn't stand to watch it even with Tommy's good looks. I had to turn it off. It was awful :banghead: :smash:

Alexiana
03-28-2006, 08:22 AM

oh man I expected a lot more :sad:

Jogy
03-28-2006, 01:47 PM
I hate it when Tommy looses and when then stupid Federer fan assjerks comments come after that and they only try to search for something stupid in Tommy's media conference comments to make him look bad :fiery: Federer annoy me a lot, but some stupid asshole fans are much more bad :lol:

Alexiana
03-28-2006, 04:55 PM
I hate it when Tommy looses and when then stupid Federer fan assjerks comments come after that and they only try to search for something stupid in Tommy's media conference comments to make him look bad :fiery: Federer annoy me a lot, but some stupid asshole fans are much more bad :lol:

yeah, they always try to make him look as an arrogant asshole :mad:

03-28-2006, 05:03 PM
yeah, they always try to make him look as an arrogant asshole :mad:
I find it is best not to even go into those threads myself.
All those people want to do is try to start a fight which I think is just nasty :fiery:

<Eve>
03-28-2006, 05:07 PM
Oh Neely I know. Tommy looked so handsome. I got to see him on TV, but The Fed just took him apart. I couldn't stand to watch it even with Tommy's good looks. I had to turn it off. It was awful :banghead: :smash:

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: i hate the outcome of the match!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

on which channel did you see the match mae!? i wish i was able to see the match!
what i've read in GM, is that federer was playing ok, but tommy wasn't playing at his best!? :confused: :mad: :eek: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Alexiana
03-28-2006, 05:11 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: i hate the outcome of the match!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

on which channel did you see the match mae!? i wish i was able to see the match!
what i've read in GM, is that federer was playing ok, but tommy wasn't playing at his best!? :confused: :mad: :eek: :sad: :sad: :sad:

there are highlights in the torrent thread in GM :)

<Eve>
03-28-2006, 05:11 PM
federer doesn't annoy me at all actually, i think he's a good player and blabla, but i know what u mean about his fans...
OMG :mad: :mad: they piss me off all the time... before a match, during a match, after the match.. i never had any problems with fans during matches only with the ones of federer..
they make excuses for him when he plays bad (like when tommy won, it was only because federer couldn't care cos it was an exibition.. etc etc) oh well.... :fiery: i agree with what you're saying hehe

<Eve>
03-28-2006, 05:13 PM
I find it is best not to even go into those threads myself.
All those people want to do is try to start a fight which I think is just nasty :fiery:
aaahhh :mad: i know it's the best thing to stay out.. but i can't :lol:
yeah.. they're the only ones to start fighting all the time! i hate it! :devil:

<Eve>
03-28-2006, 05:13 PM
there are highlights in the torrent thread in GM :)
thanks! :dance:

Alexiana
03-28-2006, 05:16 PM
thanks! :dance:

you're welcome sweety ;) how was your weekend?

<Eve>
03-28-2006, 05:19 PM
you're welcome sweety ;) how was your weekend?
:hug: great!! i went out in amsterdam with my friends and it was the best party ever!! :D:D:D
how was yours!?
i think everybody should come to amsterdam!!! :angel:

i just didn't like tommy losing, but that was after the weekend actually ;)

Alexiana
03-28-2006, 05:42 PM
:hug: great!! i went out in amsterdam with my friends and it was the best party ever!! :D:D:D
how was yours!?
i think everybody should come to amsterdam!!! :angel:

i just didn't like tommy losing, but that was after the weekend actually ;)

its ok than ;) I wanted to go out too, but one of my friends couldn't come and I had - as we talked about - charley horses :lol: so it was ok for me to just chill :) I had some drinks with my roomie instead ;)

03-28-2006, 05:48 PM
its ok than ;) I wanted to go out too, but one of my friends couldn't come and I had - as we talked about - charley horses :lol: so it was ok for me to just chill :) I had some drinks with my roomie instead ;)
Those "charley horses" aren't really a lot of fun. The name is, but not the actual condition :sad: Tommy Girl I have some friends that have been to your country several times
and they love it there. In fact the female of the friends actually said she would love to live there ;)

<Eve>
03-28-2006, 06:03 PM
That's always a good resolution if you can't go out!! :yeah:
one of my friends (martina hingisova, she posted here a couple of times) came over to amsterdam so it was great!
i errh.. also have charley horses right now!! :haha: it's so funny they call it charley horses!!

<Eve>
03-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Those "charley horses" aren't really a lot of fun. The name is, but not the actual condition :sad: Tommy Girl I have some friends that have been to your country several times
and they love it there. In fact the female of the friends actually said she would love to live there ;)
:lol: i thought it was just a mistake of the translation machine!! never thought it would be called charley horses for real!!!! :haha: :haha:

Oh mae, believe her!! amsterdam is (in my opinion at least) the best city i've ever been!!
i really want to go to america one day!! i've heard that the smallest soda you can get in a mac donalds is 0,5 liters!!! :eek: want to have that hahahah

03-28-2006, 06:08 PM
:lol: i thought it was just a mistake of the translation machine!! never thought it would be called charley horses for real!!!! :haha: :haha:

Oh mae, believe her!! amsterdam is (in my opinion at least) the best city i've ever been!!
i really want to go to america one day!! i've heard that the smallest soda you can get in a mac donalds is 0,5 liters!!! :eek: want to have that hahahah
Yes they really are call "charley horses" :lol: And I have always wanted to go to the Netherlands every since I was a little girl because of the flowers and we have a story here about the little Dutch boy ;)

<Eve>
03-28-2006, 06:11 PM
Yes they really are call "charley horses" :lol: And I have always wanted to go to the Netherlands every since I was a little girl because of the flowers and we have a story here about the little Dutch boy ;)
the little dutch boy?!?!?! :confused:
never heard of it?! :rolleyes:

hehe haven't you heard about the windmills and the wooden shoes?! :lol:

03-28-2006, 06:27 PM
the little dutch boy?!?!?! :confused:
never heard of it?! :rolleyes:

hehe haven't you heard about the windmills and the wooden shoes?! :lol:
Oh course I have heard of the windmills and the wooden shoes. And the little dutch boy was about the dikes leaking in the Netherlands so he stuck his fingers in the holes in the dikes and saved the Netherlands :lol: I know it wasn't much of a story and if there actually were holes in the dikes a boy's fingers wouldn't fill them :rolleyes: But like I said I was a little girl so I thought it was great this little boy had saved the Netherlands :haha: :haha: :haha:
Except back then we called your country "Holland". I remember the first time I heard of the Netherlands I wonder where in the world that was :silly:

<Eve>
03-28-2006, 06:35 PM
from tommy's site....

Meine körperliche Verfassung war nach der Lebensmittelvergiftung einfach nicht optimal.

Das war die bislang deutlichste Niederlage für mich gegen Roger in diesem Jahr. Beim 1:6 und 3:6 in der Night-Session-Partie auf dem Centre Court des Crandon Parks war ich chancenlos. Gegen Federer kann das schon mal passieren, bei mir lag es diesmal aber auch an meiner körperlichen Verfassung.

Durch die Lebensmittelvergiftung, die ich mir in Indian Wells zugezogen hatte, fühle ich mich noch geschwächt. Ich habe im Vorfeld nicht optimal trainieren können, da ich nach 45 Minuten Schlagtraining auf dem Platz bereits platt war. Angeschlagen hat man gegen Roger Federer erst recht keine Chance. Nach dem klaren Sieg in der 2. Runde über Luis Horna entstand bei mir die Hoffnung, dass es vielleicht funktionieren könnte.

------------------------------------------
*German people, correct me if i translate it wrong please :rolleyes:

My physical state was just not good enough after my food poisoning

Until now, this was the clearest lost for me against Federer this year. I didn't have a chance against him in the night-session-match on center court at crandon parks with 1-6 3-6..
Against Federer, that can just happen, but for me it had also to do with my food poisoning this time.

Because of the food poisoning, which i got in Indian Wells, i still felt weak. I couldn't train optimally in the forefield (?!), because i was already flat on the floor after 45 minutes of training. When you don't feel right, you don't have quite a chance against Roger Federer.
After the clear victory in the second round over Luis Horna, i got the hope that i could function.

<Eve>
03-28-2006, 06:37 PM
Oh course I have heard of the windmills and the wooden shoes. And the little dutch boy was about the dikes leaking in the Netherlands so he stuck his fingers in the holes in the dikes and saved the Netherlands :lol: I know it wasn't much of a story and if there actually were holes in the dikes a boy's fingers wouldn't fill them :rolleyes: But like I said I was a little girl so I thought it was great this little boy had saved the Netherlands :haha: :haha: :haha:
Except back then we called your country "Holland". I remember the first time I heard of the Netherlands I wonder where in the world that was :silly:
I do know that story!!!! :woohoo: so it's great you know it while you live in america!! :eek:
yeah i don't know what's the offical name of my country, i think it's both Holland and The Netherlands...
on all the tourist stuff it says 'Holland' but in soccer etc, we're called the netherlands :shrug:

<Eve>
03-28-2006, 08:39 PM
hmm.. tommy put an english version of the story on the website finally!
Because of my stomach problems after Indian Wells I was not fit again.

That was the clearest defeat this year against Roger Federer. I lost the night session match on centre court 1:6, 3:6. So, I really had no chance, which can happen against Roger. But in my case, I was just not fit enough to go for long rallyes.

Because of food poisining in Indian Wells, I was weak for the whole week. I couldn´t really practice. After 45 minutes on court, I was exhausted. So, my preparation for this match was not good enough. After the win over Luis Horna in the second round I was hoping that I had more strength.

03-28-2006, 10:14 PM
I kind of wondered what shape he would be in after being ill. But he won his second round match easily. However, you must be in top form and at the top of your game if you are going to beat Federer and Tommy obviously wasn't either of those two things :sad:

<Eve>
03-29-2006, 11:10 AM
yup :sad:...
so let's move on to the next tournament!!! :D
he'll defeat e-ve-ry-one!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

03-29-2006, 04:44 PM
yup :sad:...
so let's move on to the next tournament!!! :D
he'll defeat e-ve-ry-one!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:
I just wish he could get well and stay healthy. When he was feeling well he was playing wonderfully. Then came the shoulder problem and then came the food poisoning and it seems like he can't get and stay well long enough to get his tennis game back where it was :shrug:

<Eve>
03-30-2006, 06:53 AM
he will!!! he has plenty of time now..!

http://cache.hyves.nl/images/smilie_party_wave.gif

03-30-2006, 07:41 AM
He should be fine :yeah:

<Eve>
03-30-2006, 08:56 PM
yeahhhhh :banana: