Indian Wells 2011(plus previous years) - In a stalker free zone. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Indian Wells 2011(plus previous years) - In a stalker free zone.

Pages : [1] 2

FerrersLinda
03-07-2006, 10:08 PM
David has a Bye in the first round and faces either Serra or Kohlschreiber in the second round.

Hope he's all flu-ed out.

:bounce: :bounce: VAMOS DAVID :bounce: :bounce:

Sue
03-08-2006, 08:08 AM
Glad that he's got a little longer to get over his flu.........we all know what men are like when they're ill...always ten times worse than us ladies! ;-)

VAMOS DAVID !!

Eléa
03-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Glad that he's got a little longer to get over his flu.........we all know what men are like when they're ill...always ten times worse than us ladies! ;-) :haha: you're so right! :lol:
Vamos David :bounce:

alisia
03-08-2006, 12:22 PM
I like the idea of him playing either Safin or Moya in the third round :)

LaTenista
03-08-2006, 02:33 PM
I like the idea of him playing either Safin or Moya in the third round :)

Actually, those are potential 4th round opponents. He will face Nieminen most likely in 3rd round. QFs would be (I'm guessing) Nalbandian and SFs would be Federer. :eek: :help:

Praying for a better draw at Miami as he has a ton of points to defend there. :angel:

alisia
03-08-2006, 02:46 PM
He has points to defend here as well because he got to the third round last year before loosing to Moya.

FerrersLinda
03-08-2006, 05:05 PM
Is anybody going to Indian Wells? Isa I remember you saying you where still deciding on either Indian Wells or Miami? Or are you gonna be celebrating your birthday at home? :bdaycake:

I was supposed to volunteer in Miami for two weeks but I couldn't find an affordable place to stay. I just don't have $1500 +. :sad: So I'm now going as a spectator. Unfortunately only for the first wednesday of play. So no chance of seeing David play since he has a Bye in R1. Will try to find him on the practice courts.

*Ljubica*
03-08-2006, 05:26 PM
Good Luck David - and have fun in IW Linda :)

FerrersLinda
03-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Uh....Rosie I'm messing things up here. :retard: Unfortunately I'm not going to IW but only to Miami. Where I believe David will probably have a bye in his first round too. :rolleyes: Capice? ;)

LaTenista
03-08-2006, 06:07 PM
Is anybody going to Indian Wells? Isa I remember you saying you where still deciding on either Indian Wells or Miami? Or are you gonna be celebrating your birthday at home? :bdaycake:

I was supposed to volunteer in Miami for two weeks but I couldn't find an affordable place to stay. I just don't have $1500 +. :sad: So I'm now going as a spectator. Unfortunately only for the first wednesday of play. So no chance of seeing David play since he has a Bye in R1. Will try to find him on the practice courts.

I can't go anywhere right now. :sobbing: I'm in the thick of changing jobs so I may be starting at a new company sometime in the next few weeks.

I'm sorry to hear you can only go to Miami for one day Linda. But rest assured David practices every day so I'm sure you'll see him. Maybe if you're not shy you can talk to him. :D

*Ljubica*
03-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Uh....Rosie I'm messing things up here. :retard: Unfortunately I'm not going to IW but only to Miami. Where I believe David will probably have a bye in his first round too. :rolleyes: Capice? ;)
Sorry - my fault - I must have misread your message :(

Good Luck with the new job Isa :hug:

FerrersLinda
03-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Davids 2nd round opponent will be Kohlschreiber.

RogiFan88
03-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Just get rid of him, David...

FerrersLinda
03-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Just get rid of him, David...

Great advice! Please listen to it David.

Yippie :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Febredo is back! They have a tough draw tho, first round match against Andreev and Davydenko. :eek:

VAMOS FEBREDO

RogiFan88
03-12-2006, 12:52 AM
Vamos, ROBRER!!

alisia
03-12-2006, 01:00 PM
David is first up on court 5

alisia
03-12-2006, 05:23 PM
my god he is already a double break down :sad:

sonia
03-12-2006, 06:29 PM
David :awww:

Eléa
03-12-2006, 07:19 PM
David lost 6/2 6/2 :bigcry: i don't understand what happened :awww:

Sue
03-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Sigh.
David!???!
:-(

bavaria100
03-12-2006, 07:40 PM
What a bad loss! :sad:

FerrersLinda
03-12-2006, 09:51 PM
I don't understand. :confused:

LaTenista
03-13-2006, 12:51 AM
I don't know, I'll go looking through the Spanish sports websites and see what I can find out. :shrug:

LaTenista
03-13-2006, 08:08 PM
I can't find anything mediawise that explained the loss.

However, I have spoken to my vLove, who says David was crying during his match with Schuettler in Dubai. And Javi was there. He (my vLove) is convinced that these tears were emotional and that something's happened in his personal life - he suggested a breakup with a gf or a loved one's death - but that he's chosen not to speak to the press about it.

:hug: Whatever it is, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger David!

Sue
03-13-2006, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the information,Isa. Crying? Poor thing- that doesn't sound good. :-(

FerrersLinda
03-13-2006, 09:09 PM
However, I have spoken to my vLove, who says David was crying during his match with Schuettler in Dubai. And Javi was there. He (my vLove) is convinced that these tears were emotional and that something's happened in his personal life - he suggested a breakup with a gf or a loved one's death - but that he's chosen not to speak to the press about it.

Poor David. Doesn't sound good. Hopefully playing doubles with Robredo will cheer him up. If not ...... David PM me and I will. ;)

Sue
03-13-2006, 09:47 PM
LOL! Bad girl! And how exactly will you cheer him up ? Buy him an ice cream ? ;-)

FerrersLinda
03-13-2006, 11:07 PM
LOL! Bad girl! And how exactly will you cheer him up ? Buy him an ice cream ? ;-)

Maybe, or hold his hand or something like that! ;) :devil:

*Ljubica*
03-14-2006, 05:40 AM
I can't find anything mediawise that explained the loss.

:awww: that is so sad - poor David. I hope he can recover from whatever is troubling him :hug:

bavaria100
03-14-2006, 01:40 PM
Oh my, that´s very sad. :sad: I hope that he´s able to overcome that problem and I´m sure he will. :hug:

FerrersLinda
03-14-2006, 02:18 PM
David and Tommy play there first round match against Andreev/Davydenko today. They are second up on court 4.

ANIMO FEBREDO :clap2: :clap2:

RogiFan88
03-14-2006, 02:30 PM
VAMOS, DAVID Y TOMMY!!! Let's try and win a match, guys! ;)

FerrersLinda
03-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Febredo just lost 6-1, 6-4. :awww:

RogiFan88
03-14-2006, 08:14 PM
Aw... :sad:

Sue
03-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Damn!

FerrersLinda
03-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Time to bring this thread back to life!

VAMOS DAVID we really need a good result here. Oh and if you notice some British girl following you around with a camera ....... pose and then run for your life. :bolt: :lol:

*Ljubica*
03-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Time to bring this thread back to life!

VAMOS DAVID we really need a good result here. Oh and if you notice some British girl following you around with a camera ....... pose and then run for your life. :bolt: :lol:

:haha: Actually I'm surprised this thread hasn't been renamed the Ali and David at the Pacific Life Open Thread :p

FerrersLinda
03-05-2007, 02:49 PM
:haha: Actually I'm surprised this thread hasn't been renamed the Ali and David at the Pacific Life Open Thread :p

I'm on it!:D

*Ljubica*
03-05-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm on it!:D

So I see :) Ali will be pleased I'm sure!!!

LaTenista
03-05-2007, 07:58 PM
:lol: Let's hope David does better than last year.

RogiFan88
03-05-2007, 08:10 PM
I'd like David to do well also, as I'd love for him to make Shanghai!!

VAMOS, DAVID!!!!!!!

Sue
03-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Vamos David.....and Ali!!

alisia
03-06-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm honoured :worship:

*Ljubica*
03-06-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm honoured :worship:

And so you should be :angel: So how's life in IW?

alisia
03-06-2007, 11:03 PM
What a horrible draw :ras:

(1)FEDERER, Roger SUI vs BYE
Q vs HAJEK, Jan CZE
MOYA, Carlos ESP vs Q
BYE vs (25)STEPANEK, Radek CZE
(19)HEWITT, Lleyton AUS vs BYE
TIPSAREVIC, Janko SRB vs SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn THA
HORNA, Luis PER vs VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA
BYE vs (14)FERRER, David ESP

Sue
03-07-2007, 08:04 AM
Ugh.....still....VAMOS DAVID!!

alisia
03-08-2007, 06:18 AM
:wavey: We've finally made our way to the desert. I've also seen the tennis gardens on our way to get pizza. We'll probably have a wonder down there tomorrow of course my camera will be with me ;)

I'm off to bed it's been a long day :wavey:

Sue
03-08-2007, 07:34 AM
:wavey: We've finally made our way to the desert. I've also seen the tennis gardens on our way to get pizza. We'll probably have a wonder down there tomorrow of course my camera will be with me ;)

Ooooh- have a nice wander. Hope there's lots of....ahem...nice scenery for you to take pics of!

:wavey:

FerrersLinda
03-08-2007, 04:10 PM

:bounce:

Be nice to our boys Ali!

Ooooh- have a nice wander. Hope there's lots of....ahem...nice scenery for you to take pics of!

Nice scenery:drool: .... I take it we are talking "shirtless" scenery here?:devil:

FerrersLinda
03-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Awful draw btw.:(

alisia
03-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Btw Rosie I will be watching JMDP play because he's up against Guga :sad:

We're going after lunch feel sorry for me it's 86 out there & it's only been in the low 70's in San Diego :eek: So I'll have to find some nice boy to rub me plenty of suntan lotion on or if I can't find anyone my boy will have to do :cool:

Linda how much did that hurt to say nice things about my beloved Liverpool :scratch: We watched the Man U game on ESPN2 then the Real came on ESPN Classic but Fabio wasn't playing he's injured :sad:

:wavey: Be good

FerrersLinda
03-08-2007, 08:13 PM

We're going after lunch feel sorry for me it's 86 out there & it's only been in the low 70's in San Diego :eek: So I'll have to find some nice boy to rub me plenty of suntan lotion on or if I can't find anyone my boy will have to do :cool:

Linda how much did that hurt to say nice things about my beloved Liverpool :scratch: We watched the Man U game on ESPN2 then the Real came on ESPN Classic but Fabio wasn't playing he's injured :sad:

Sounds like you are enjoying yourselves. Lucky girl getting to see the great Guga. I love that man.:hearts: Have Michael slab the suntan lotion on thick because nothing is worse than looking like a lobster when you go out for lunch with David and Marat tomorrow.;)

I hurt:sad: , but it was the truth and that's all I'm gonna say about it.

I'll be good if you promise to be bad!:devil: Have fun.:cool:

LaTenista
03-08-2007, 08:31 PM
:wavey: Glad you are enjoying the desert Ali. 86 is just perfect. :cool: Besides there's no humidity out there. Here in Cincy when it's 86 it feels more like 98.

*Ljubica*
03-09-2007, 10:30 AM

Please give him a cheer from me Ali :) I'm sure everyone there will be cheering for Guga :sad: As yet, I have only ever found 3 other people in the world who dislike him apart from me :p So I have double the reason for wanting JM to win!

Take care in the sunshine.

*Elsie*
03-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Please give him a cheer from me All :) I'm sure everyone there will be cheering for Guga :sad: As yet, I have only ever found 3 other people in the world who dislike him apart from me :p So I have double the reason for wanting JM to win!

Take care in the sunshine.Make that 4! Not sure whether he has fans on this thread so I won't develop how I feel about him here :angel:

*Ljubica*
03-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Make that 4! Not sure whether he has fans on this thread so I won't develop how I feel about him here :angel:

LOL - Connie! All this time I have known you, and I never knew that!!!! Obviously a woman with great taste!

anna10
03-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Make that 4! Not sure whether he has fans on this thread so I won't develop how I feel about him here :angel:
It's up to five now. Just never got into all the Guga love.

Good luck to David in IW, hoping for some good results - and TV time - here.

*Ljubica*
03-09-2007, 02:40 PM
It's up to five now. Just never got into all the Guga love.

Good luck to David in IW, hoping for some good results - and TV time - here.

LOL! 6 of us :bounce: We can have a party soon! Nice to see you here Anna :wavey: I'm just kind of scared he will beat JM, because JM is still young and starry-eyed enough to be overawed by playing such a "hero" on a major court. And then you can imagine the scenes on GM

LaTenista
03-09-2007, 03:56 PM
:secret: Not really a Guga fan either

Though I must say I enjoyed it when he beat Fed at RG 2004. :devil:

I would so love to be in the desert watching the tennis with Ali. :awww: Today it's supposed to reach 60, closest thing we're going to get to a heat wave. Sadly must go to work in a bit. :sad:

FerrersLinda
03-09-2007, 07:01 PM
What's with all the Guga hating?:awww:

He seems like a nice guy that tries to enjoy himself while playing. To me it looks like he's got the right attitude.:shrug:

To each his own I guess. But I must say I hadn't know of anybody that didn't like Guga and look here, a whole bunch of Guga dislikers amongst my beloved MTF posters.:rolleyes:

*Ljubica*
03-09-2007, 07:04 PM
:secret: Not really a Guga fan either

Though I must say I enjoyed it when he beat Fed at RG 2004. :devil:

I would so love to be in the desert watching the tennis with Ali. :awww: Today it's supposed to reach 60, closest thing we're going to get to a heat wave. Sadly must go to work in a bit. :sad:

Well I sure as hell couldn't cope wth the temperatures in the desert - I wilt and collapse at anything over about 73 F! But I would still like to be watching tennis - I'd just do it from some shady verandah somewhere, with a handsome tennis coach bringing me iced water, and catering to my every whim :lol:

alisia
03-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Hi just taking cover from the heat we've been here 2 hrs and all we've done is wander around the practice courts!!! We've been watching Tommy, Feli, Rafa, Guga & JMDP as well Murray & Henman. My boy accidentally walked into the toad without realising it was him so I gave him a kiss from all of us. No sightings of David I've seen every other memmber of the amarda.

We are going to watch Hantuchova play so my boy will be happy then Juan follows after that we are going to watch Feli out on court 5.

Speak to you later Ali & Michael

alisia
03-09-2007, 07:08 PM
What's with all the Guga hating?:awww:

He seems like a nice guy that tries to enjoy himself while playing. To me it looks like he's got the right attitude.:shrug:

To each his own I guess. But I must say I hadn't know of anybody that didn't like Guga and look here, a whole bunch of Guga dislikers amongst my beloved MTF posters.:rolleyes:

:wavey: I love Guga he was such a sweatheart when we were watching him practice.

FerrersLinda
03-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Hola Ali you lucky girl! And thank Michael from me too, I hope he bumped into him hard.

Have fun and please wear your number 1 Ferrer fan sash this weekend so I can recognise you on tv.;)

alisia
03-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Hola Ali you lucky girl! And thank Michael from me too, I hope he bumped into him hard.

Have fun and please wear your number 1 Ferrer fan sash this weekend so I can recognise you on tv.;)

I will try thou if he's on the min court I'm afraid we are in the gods :rolleyes: I have another 10 mins of computer time :o

FerrersLinda
03-09-2007, 07:19 PM
I will try thou if he's on the min court I'm afraid we are in the gods :rolleyes: I have another 10 mins of computer time :o

No way are we gonna have coverage of Davids match so maybe wear the damn thing to another match. Preferable Federers as we normally get to see every ball the golden boy hits.:rolleyes:

*Ljubica*
03-09-2007, 07:22 PM

Nice of you to drop by Ali - have fun today :): And big :hug: to Michael for bumping into The Toad :lol:

alisia
03-09-2007, 07:23 PM
No way are we gonna have coverage of Davids match so maybe wear the damn thing to another match. Preferable Federers as we normally get to see every ball the golden boy hits.:rolleyes:

You will see him when he plays Federer in the last 16 :D

I'm off my time is up

FerrersLinda
03-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Nice of you to drop by Ali - have fun today :): And big :hug: to Michael for bumping into The Toad :lol:

:wavey: Hi Rosie, I wonder if Michael knows how popular he is on here.:cool:

FerrersLinda
03-09-2007, 07:24 PM

I'm off my time is up

Lets hope so.:)

Enjoy yourself.:wavey:

*Ljubica*
03-09-2007, 07:27 PM

I'm off my time is up

H Linda :wavey: I'm sure he is more interested in being popular with Ms. Hantuchova at the moment :lol: But we know we are all FAR better than her!

LaTenista
03-09-2007, 07:27 PM
:scratch: The Toad = Soderling, right?

FerrersLinda
03-09-2007, 07:33 PM
H Linda :wavey: I'm sure he is more interested in being popular with Ms. Hantuchova at the moment :lol: But we know we are all FAR better than her!

We are far better than her. For one there's way more of us to enjoy.:cool: I don't know what it is with her, my boy likes her too.:rolleyes:

:scratch: The Toad = Soderling, right?

Yep.:D

LaTenista
03-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Just double checking. Though how anyone can accidently bump into him is beyond me, he's huge :unsure: At least compared to myself.

*Ljubica*
03-09-2007, 07:42 PM
We are far better than her. For one there's way more of us to enjoy.:cool: I don't know what it is with her, my boy likes her too.:rolleyes:

Yep.:D

I guess because she has a certain fragility about her, that appeals to their "macho" sides, and makes them want to take care of her :shrug: She is a pretty girl, I admit - just way too thin! Mr. R. aways preferred Martina Hingis for some reason!! He always has to be different!!!!!

FerrersLinda
03-09-2007, 07:51 PM
I guess because she has a certain fragility about her, that appeals to their "macho" sides, and makes them want to take care of her :shrug: She is a pretty girl, I admit - just way too thin! Mr. R. aways preferred Martina Hingis for some reason!! He always has to be different!!!!!

Hingis:bolt:

And I agree that Sticktuchova has a pretty face but she is sooooo thin. Although at the AO it looked like she had gained a little weight.:)

LaTenista
03-09-2007, 07:57 PM
It's so nice outside. *sigh* It makes me wish I didn't work so late.

*Ljubica*
03-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Hingis:bolt:

And I agree that Sticktuchova has a pretty face but she is sooooo thin. Although at the AO it looked like she had gained a little weight.:)

Guess he likes the bad girl type :) And of course, true to form, and my bad luck, Ms. Skinny Hantuchova is now going the distance against her unknown opponent, so JM will start far too late for me! Oh - how I hate WTA :devil:

alisia
03-10-2007, 04:26 AM

:wavey: My boy is an :angel: he forsaked Daniella for David :worship: I just happened to spot him making his way to the practice courts as we were in line to go onto stadium court. So I got plenty of photos of the new improved body (shirtless) & a couple of videos as well as a couple of photos of Javi.

Rosie your boy played well against Guga thou most of the people had no idea who he was so kept shouting for Guga & I was shouting for your baby loudly. We also saw Feli play & he was quite impressive.

:wavey: From a very hot Ali :D

LaTenista
03-10-2007, 05:40 AM
:bigclap: Well done Ali. I think your boy is a keeper. :angel:

Now only if I could find one who likes tennis. :awww:

Invisible
03-10-2007, 09:37 AM
David is playing doubles with Tommy Robredo and their first round opponents are...........Roger Federer and Yves Allegro!! Vamos David and Tommy!!

*Ljubica*
03-10-2007, 10:17 AM
:wavey: My boy is an :angel: he forsaked Daniella for David :worship: I just happened to spot him making his way to the practice courts as we were in line to go onto stadium court. So I got plenty of photos of the new improved body (shirtless) & a couple of videos as well as a couple of photos of Javi.

Rosie your boy played well against Guga thou most of the people had no idea who he was so kept shouting for Guga & I was shouting for your baby loudly. We also saw Feli play & he was quite impressive.

Thanks Ali :hug: I was up til way past midnight following live scores last night, and I was thinking of you and wondering if you were enjoying the match. No one had any coverage of the match (not even in Argentina), and all the people on JM's thread are desparate for a match report, so if you get a chance to let me know any details of the match, I will post it over there. Thanks, and have a good day today. Febredo :hearts: Javi :inlove: I am officially jealous of you now :lol:

As for Michael - he rocks :)

Sue
03-10-2007, 12:08 PM

Michael is a star! Give him a hug from all the Ferrer Chicas, since thanks to his selflessness you *happened to spot* David and took lots of (shirtless- THUD!) photos!
Javi pics and videos too! I'm eagerwith anticipation!
Look after yourself in the heat,
Thanks for keeping us up to date!
Sue xxxx
PS Love Guga- he's so sweet to his family and has a lovely demeanour on and off court.

FerrersLinda
03-10-2007, 02:06 PM
:rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2: Michael:rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:

Can't wait for the photos and videos Ali. New and improved body:drool:

Rosie I was following the live-scores for the JMDP/Guga match but I thought you probably had gone to bed already since miss Stickuchova made quite a match out of it.:rolleyes: Congrats on your baby.:)

David isn't on the OOP for today so he's up tomorrow, which is great because I have some friends coming over for coffee in about an hour and this afternoon and evening we have a wedding to go to so I can't follow tennis or the Barcelona-Real Madrid match today.:sad:

*Ljubica*
03-10-2007, 02:19 PM
:rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2: Michael:rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:

Can't wait for the photos and videos Ali. New and improved body:drool:

Rosie I was following the live-scores for the JMDP/Guga match but I thought you probably had gone to bed already since miss Stickuchova made quite a match out of it.:rolleyes: Congrats on your baby.:)

David isn't on the OOP for today so he's up tomorrow, which is great because I have some friends coming over for coffee in about an hour and this afternoon and evening we have a wedding to go to so I can't follow tennis or the Barcelona-Real Madrid match today.:sad:

Enjoy your day, and have fun at the wedding :) I will watch some tennis on TV tonight - Tim Henman is up first and I like him, - but I doubt I'll follow JM again tonight as I will be too damned tired for the start of the week.

alisia
03-10-2007, 03:46 PM
:wavey: Hello

I forgot the most important thing he's not had his hair cut :D

Rosie I will pm you the report I took some photos during the match but we were pretty high when you watch today we are the first row above the boxes :eek: I also got some of him practicing I was the only one watching him because my boy deserted me to go watch Ana practice :o

*Ljubica*
03-10-2007, 06:19 PM

Rosie I will pm you the report I took some photos during the match but we were pretty high when you watch today we are the first row above the boxes :eek: I also got some of him practicing I was the only one watching him because my boy deserted me to go watch Ana practice :o

Thanks Ali - I have posted it over on JM's thread. And look forward to the photos! And how on earth could your boy desert JM for Ana :lol: I am actually watching IW on TV now, but I keep on falling asleep :zzz: Have fun girl :hug:

anna10
03-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Ali thanks for the reports (and can't imagine "new improved" body :P), enjoy yourself out there. Look forward to reading more of who and what you see.

LaTenista
03-10-2007, 08:46 PM
I was on the phone with my mum when Henman lost :( Then saw the last few games of Moya's win :) Now they are showing Youzhny - Acasuso :rolleyes:

I'm baking a devil's food cake. For some reason I really need the chocolate.

alisia
03-10-2007, 08:58 PM
I was on the phone with my mum when Henman lost :( Then saw the last few games of Moya's win :) Now they are showing Youzhny - Acasuso :rolleyes:

I'm baking a devil's food cake. For some reason I really need the chocolate.

I was watching Moya's game the stands are very creaky :eek: Thou because Carlos took slightly longer than he should to win I only got to see 10 mins of David's practice session :( Today he was practicing with Nalby yesterday it was Chela. Rosie I've got quite a funny little video of Tommy from his practice with Baggy earlier. He was in quite a good mood :D
At the moment my boy is watching a pr event with Slapanova before we go to centre to watch Rafa.

:wavey: later

Sue
03-10-2007, 09:09 PM

:woohoo: No hair cut! :woohoo:

Sue
03-10-2007, 09:11 PM

I was watching Moya's game the stands are very creaky :eek: Thou because Carlos took slightly longer than he should to win I only got to see 10 mins of David's practice session :( Today he was practicing with Nalby yesterday it was Chela. Rosie I've got quite a funny little video of Tommy from his practice with Baggy earlier. He was in quite a good mood :D
At the moment my boy is watching a pr event with Slapanova before we go to centre to watch Rafa.

:wavey: later

Thanks for the reports ali.....wish we were there in the sushine with you! Have a good day! :wavey:

alisia
03-10-2007, 09:16 PM
:woohoo: No hair cut! :woohoo:

I said that to my boy, obviously loud enough for Javi to hear, it made him smile thou :awww:
My boy has finished perving so we are back off to centre :wavey:

LaTenista
03-11-2007, 12:55 AM
Watching Gasquet vs JMDP right now. JM's hair looks really red on my TV screen :scratch:

FerrersLinda
03-11-2007, 04:58 AM
COURT 5 start 10:00 am
ATP - [26]R Soderling (SWE) vs D Bracciali (ITA)
ATP - L Dlouhy (CZE) / D Skoch (CZE) vs [3] M Knowles (BAH) / D Nestor (CAN)
ATP - L Horna (PER) vs [14]D Ferrer (ESP)

STADIUM 2 start 11:00 am
WTA - [18]F Schiavone (ITA) vs [14]D Hantuchova (SVK)
ATP - [Q]W Moodie (RSA) vs [13]A Murray (GBR)
ATP - F Dancevic (CAN) vs [5]F Gonzalez (CHI)
ATP - [17]M Baghdatis (CYP) vs G Garcia-Lopez (ESP)
ATP - D Ferrer (ESP) / T Robredo (ESP) vs Y Allegro (SUI) / R Federer (SUI)

VAMOS DAVID

alisia
03-11-2007, 06:26 AM
I'm not happy they've got David, Marat & Tommy all listed as 3rd on court :sad: Looks like I'll be doing alot of moving around :D I doubt thou I'll get to see the muppet boys in action unless the previous matches are over pretty quick :mad:

anna10
03-11-2007, 12:15 PM
I lucked up with a good schedue yesterday getting to see some of Chucho's match; doesn't look like I'll be so lucky with David.

Good luck today, David!

*Ljubica*
03-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Well I will surely not see it - no interractive on Court 5 :sad: Didn't get to see JM or his red hair either - our TV coverage stops at midnight, and his match would have started way after that - damned time differences :sad:

Ah well - good luck David anyway! And Ali - glad you made Javi laugh :)

alisia
03-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Well I will surely not see it - no interractive on Court 5 :sad: Didn't get to see JM or his red hair either - our TV coverage stops at midnight, and his match would have started way after that - damned time differences :sad:

Ah well - good luck David anyway! And Ali - glad you made Javi laugh :)

Good Morning/Afternoon

Rosie i saw the first set of your baby's match & he kind of blew it when he broke first & then let Richie brake him back to love. There was a little teenage petulance with him throwing his racket alot but it shows he cared. Some of the rallys were just amazing & he held his own playing very well. i think he gained a few more fans :D

We're off to see the muppet boys luckily courts 5 & 6 are next to eachother so we're going to be sat on the very end seats so I can keep an eye on Tommy's match whilst watching David whilst at the sametime praying that the first 2 matches on court 3 are both 3 setters :rolleyes:

alisia
03-11-2007, 07:21 PM

I've just spent a very pleasent hour with the muppet boys :devil: So I got plenty of photos & a very short video only my mum phoned me so I had to cut it short :( I also managed to remember to take a few of Javi as well ;) They both were looking :lick: I'm really enjoying the warm weather. My boy is watching Daniella & he's got the camera so Dik may be getting some photos sent over when we get home :rolleyes:

FerrersLinda
03-11-2007, 07:38 PM

I've just spent a very pleasent hour with the muppet boys :devil: So I got plenty of photos & a very short video only my mum phoned me so I had to cut it short :( I also managed to remember to take a few of Javi as well ;) They both were looking :lick: I'm really enjoying the warm weather. My boy is watching Daniella & he's got the camera so Dik may be getting some photos sent over when we get home :rolleyes:

Hi Ali, I'm not jealous at all.:sad: Luckily I'll be going to see the muppets soon.:) Thanks very much for the hair update. I had been sweating it out for a few weeks no but thank God he still has his hair. Because he's worth it of course.:angel: I've been reduced to being the taxi driver again. Dik is on his trusty bicycle going up some hill again with 200 other lunatics and I'm to pick him up in a bit because he'll be to tired to cycle back home.:mad:

I'll un-tire him with news of possible Sticktuchova pictures. He'll be a happy boy.:D

*Ljubica*
03-11-2007, 08:19 PM

Good Morning/Afternoon

Rosie i saw the first set of your baby's match & he kind of blew it when he broke first & then let Richie brake him back to love. There was a little teenage petulance with him throwing his racket alot but it shows he cared. Some of the rallys were just amazing & he held his own playing very well. i think he gained a few more fans :D

We're off to see the muppet boys luckily courts 5 & 6 are next to eachother so we're going to be sat on the very end seats so I can keep an eye on Tommy's match whilst watching David whilst at the sametime praying that the first 2 matches on court 3 are both 3 setters :rolleyes:

Hi Ali :wavey: And thanks for the JM report. I saw some of his match on the highlights show this afternoon. Seems he made way too many UE, but Barry Cowan, and Peter Fleming were very complimentary about him :) Shame he had to wear that ghastly puke green/yellow shirt again though :ras:

Have a good rest of your day, and think of us back in the UK being entertained by Puke Boy v Wesley Moodie :devil:

LaTenista
03-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Seriously Moodie is pretty unattractive himself. :speakles: If that match makes it only my screen I'll have to actually do some housework today :lol:

I made some paella last night - still lots left - I had cake for breakfast with whipped cream :lick: about an hour ago so I figure I can have lunch about when David's match starts.

*Ljubica*
03-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Seriously Moodie is pretty unattractive himself. :speakles: If that match makes it only my screen I'll have to actually do some housework today :lol:

I made some paella last night - still lots left - I had cake for breakfast with whipped cream :lick: about an hour ago so I figure I can have lunch about when David's match starts.

I will be fast asleep for David's match :sad: so please feel free to have some more cake and whipped cream for me while you're watching him!

FerrersLinda
03-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Davids match is on the scoreboard!

LaTenista
03-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Moya beat Stepanek. :banana:

David seems to be in firm control today. :yeah:

LaTenista
03-11-2007, 10:10 PM
SB is playing up. :mad:

LaTenista
03-11-2007, 10:36 PM
David won 6-3, 6-1 :woohoo:

Sue
03-11-2007, 10:59 PM
:woohoo: Nice win David! Ali must be bringing him good luck! ;)

anna10
03-12-2007, 12:16 AM
Congratulations to David - nice job today!

alisia
03-12-2007, 02:05 AM
:woohoo: Nice win David! Ali must be bringing him good luck! ;)

:worship: for the high praise :D He never looked in trouble even thou he dropped his serve the once when serving for the 1st set :rolleyes: I sat next to Javi so I behaved myself but seeing has there was only about 30 people watching him I still made the most noise :o

Shame my magic didn't work on Tommy & Marat :smash: I watched the majority of Tommy's match & he played terrible all thru I left once he lost the 2nd set because the end was inevitable but I've no idea what happened with Marat he fought so hard to win the 2nd set then thru the third away :mad:

Anyways I got loads of photos of them all plus Carlos who was a good boy after I left him halfway thru the 2nd to go watch David by beating Stepanek quite easy even thou he dropped his first service game of the match :(

Off back to watch Federer on the big screen under the trees it's far too hot to be inside the main stadium

LaTenista
03-12-2007, 03:27 AM
Fed losing was my birthday wish come true. :yippee:

I'm a bit sad now that I'll be at work all this week when the matches are on. :awww:

LaTenista
03-12-2007, 04:12 AM
Muppets have been broken back in the 2nd set. :smash:

alisia
03-12-2007, 07:40 AM
The muppet boys were their usual selves that is not taking it that serious having a laugh & a joke where as Federer & Allegro were all business :rolleyes: David's serve got broke twice & he lost both serves during the tie-break :smash: My boy & I were the lone voices screaming for the boys everyone else was totally for Federer :rolleyes:

And best of all he doesn't have to play Hewitt :bounce: thanks to Janko kicking his butt back to oz :D

:wavey: I'm off to bed

FerrersLinda
03-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Nice and easy win for David.:D

Isa, sorry but my husband called in the fourth game of David's match. He and his friend wanted to be rescued from a horribly though bicycle tour. I was told to come because it was hell.:rolleyes:

So Ali, did you tell Javi to work on David's service? Eventhough Janko looked very sharp yesterday, I saw the last set, I think he's a better match-up for David then Hewitt. What initially looked like a s*** draw all of a sudden, thank you Willy, looks do-able.:D

:bounce: VAMOS DAVID:bounce:

FerrersLinda
03-12-2007, 02:53 PM
STADIUM 3 start 10:00 am
ATP - [15]R Gasquet (FRA) vs [18]J Nieminen (FIN)
WTA - [6]N Vaidisova (CZE) vs A Rolle (USA)
ATP - G Canas (ARG) vs C Moya (ESP)
ATP - J Tipsarevic (SRB) vs [14]D Ferrer (ESP) - Possible Court Change

alisia
03-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Nice and easy win for David.:D

Isa, sorry but my husband called in the fourth game of David's match. He and his friend wanted to be rescued from a horribly though bicycle tour. I was told to come because it was hell.:rolleyes:

So Ali, did you tell Javi to work on David's service? Eventhough Janko looked very sharp yesterday, I saw the last set, I think he's a better match-up for David then Hewitt. What initially looked like a s*** draw all of a sudden, thank you Willy, looks do-able.:D

:bounce: VAMOS DAVID:bounce:

From a very very warm Indian Wells it's going to be 94 again :eek: I'll melt today because there is no breeze unlike yesterday. There was nothing wrong with David's serve thou Javi kept telling him to keep his arm up of course he wasn't coaching :o In the doubles it was Tommy's inability to volley that let them down :(

They've moved his match today onto court 4 he's 4th on so I will get to see all of Carlos's match v Willy before legging it over from court 3 to court 4 :D

I'm off to have a wander around the practice courts

Have a good day

FerrersLinda
03-12-2007, 08:48 PM

From a very very warm Indian Wells it's going to be 94 again :eek: I'll melt today because there is no breeze unlike yesterday. There was nothing wrong with David's serve thou Javi kept telling him to keep his arm up of course he wasn't coaching :o In the doubles it was Tommy's inability to volley that let them down :(

They've moved his match today onto court 4 he's 4th on so I will get to see all of Carlos's match v Willy before legging it over from court 3 to court 4 :D

I'm off to have a wander around the practice courts

Have a good day

My coach tells me to keep my arm up a lot of the time too. It is really quite important, if you don't keep it up long enough you serve like a bag of hay.:rolleyes: So yeah...definitely not coaching.;)

Are you gonna watch the Nadal-Nando match tonight? Apparently ESPN has decided to show us that match so if you do go, wave won't you?:wavey:

Enjoy!:D

RogiFan88
03-12-2007, 09:24 PM
I still want David to do well in Indian Wells -- still MY goal for him to make Shanghai.

VAMOS, DAVID!!!

FerrersLinda
03-12-2007, 09:41 PM
I still want David to do well in Indian Wells -- still MY goal for him to make Shanghai.

VAMOS, DAVID!!!

:wavey: Hi RF

I love it how you have a goal for David. MY goal for David is to make Shanghai and go on a well deserved holiday in Costa Rica afterwards.:devil:

Lubby Lou has just taken ToJo out of the tournament so David is up next.:clap2:

FerrersLinda
03-12-2007, 10:07 PM
What happened with all the Ferrer girls?:awww: I'm all alone here.:sad:

I'll just talk to myself.:retard: David has broken Janko to go 2-0 up in the first. Meantime Moya and Willy are battling it out on the court next to them. Moya has won the first and is currently 4-3 up in the second.

FerrersLinda
03-12-2007, 10:18 PM
David 4-0 up:bounce:

Don't know what you're doing Ali, but keep doing it, it works.:D

I feel like sad score-board-girl again.:sad:

Kyla
03-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Wow 5-0 - great!

Steamroll him, David!!! :bounce:

Kyla
03-12-2007, 10:27 PM
David 4-0 up:bounce:

Don't know what you're doing Ali, but keep doing it, it works.:D

I feel like sad score-board-girl again.:sad:

Don't feel :sad: :hug: - been hanging round the Moyà thread till now... Next opponent of the winner of this match will be Carlos, yay! :banana:

Kyla
03-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Wow 6-1 :banana:

FerrersLinda
03-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Don't feel :sad: :hug: - been hanging round the Moyà thread till now... Next opponent of the winner of this match will be Carlos, yay! :banana:

Congrats on the win.:D

David took the first 6-1

FerrersLinda
03-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Have you got tv-coverage Kyla?

Kyla
03-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Just the livestream and of course they're showing Roddick :eek:

Kyla
03-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Is your scoreboard working properly? Mine jumps back and forth...

FerrersLinda
03-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Is your scoreboard working properly? Mine jumps back and forth...

The official one sucks. So I'm using this one:
http://www.livexscores.com/tennis/index.php?p=&dlzka=1627

Kyla
03-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Ooops - 15-30 on Ferrus serve - be careful!

Kyla
03-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Wah 15-40!

FerrersLinda
03-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Ooops - 15-30 on Ferrus serve - be careful!

Knowing Ferru he'll probably screw this set up and than make a meal out of the third but still take it. Nothing like a little excitement.:rolleyes:

Kyla
03-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the link!

Okay, 1 BP saved... now save the second!

Kyla
03-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Knowing Ferru he'll probably screw this set up and than make a meal out of the third but still take it. Nothing like a little excitement.:rolleyes:

Yep - I'll never forget his match vs. Massu last year at Monte Carlo! 6-0 in the first, then lost the second and I reallyreallyreally had to go to the other court :eek:

Kyla
03-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Oh great he holds :)

Kyla
03-12-2007, 10:39 PM
And now 0-30 - break here!

Kyla
03-12-2007, 10:40 PM
:woohoo: 3 BPs!!! Grab one of them!

Kyla
03-12-2007, 10:40 PM
David breaks to LOVE! 2-1 :bounce:

FerrersLinda
03-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Yep - I'll never forget his match vs. Massu last year at Monte Carlo! 6-0 in the first, then lost the second and I reallyreallyreally had to go to the other court :eek:

He does that a lot. It's hard being a Ferrer fan.:rolleyes:

Damn talking about having to go somewhere else, I've got to go in a sec.:(

Kyla
03-12-2007, 10:44 PM
He's gonna win this in 2! He simply has to!

Wah - 15-30

FerrersLinda
Okay I've gotta go now.:sad: Thanks for keeping me company Kyla.:wavey:

VAMOS FERRU!

Kyla
Oh no... 2 BPs...

Kyla
03-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Both saved...

:wavey: Bye Linda! See you next round hopefully :D

Kyla
03-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Phew - he holds for 3-1!

Kyla
03-12-2007, 11:01 PM
David holds with lots of difficulties for 4-2...

Kyla
03-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Wow - Tipsarevic was already up 40-15 but David still broke! 5-2 NOW SERVE IT OUT!

Kyla
03-12-2007, 11:09 PM
How come they all have such big problems serving out??? Ferru loses his serve to 15... 5-3

Kyla
03-12-2007, 11:12 PM
2 MPs against TIP's serve!

Kyla
03-12-2007, 11:13 PM
And he converts the very first to win 6-1 6-3

Next round: Ferrer vs. Moyà :drool: :drool: :drool:

LaTenista
03-12-2007, 11:17 PM
I was attempting to follow the SB. He's always a muppet serving for the match. :retard:

Maybe he'll be a show court for his next match.

alisia
03-12-2007, 11:32 PM

I called him a muppet out loud :o I got a glare :devil: He played a good match thou he was already 5-1 up in the 1st when I got there :sad: Janko had chances to break but he blew them in the game he broke on was due to 4 errors by muppet boy :rolleyes: muppet boy no2 was watching him :D

Unfortunately I think Carlos will slaughter him but I hope I'm wrong at least he should be on either court 2 or 3. Carlos btw has been playing very well I've seen all 3 matches.

Off to get some food & find some shade

Kyla
03-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Ferrer-Moyà just HAS to be a showcourt match! I want it on livestream!

FerrersLinda
03-12-2007, 11:49 PM
I'm back! And what good news, he decided not to be a muppet and finish it in two sets. How un-Ferrer-like.:D

Moya-Ferrer next. I'm a little sad about this.:sad: I like both but my loyalty lies with David.

LaTenista
03-12-2007, 11:52 PM
I'm back! And what good news, he decided not to be a muppet and finish it in two sets. How un-Ferrer-like.:D

Moya-Ferrer next. I'm a little sad about this.:sad: I like both but my loyalty lies with David.

Same here. :wavey:

alisia
03-12-2007, 11:56 PM

He was definately a muppet :o but most of the time he's been a good boy ;) I really don't want him playing Carlos why couldn't he play him in the semis instead :sad: I will of course be cheeering for our boy ut I can tell you know I will be in the minority because they just love Carlos here :D however if Carlos wins i won't be too upset :D

I noticed something very strange about the white shirt yesterday it's got a lilac panel on the back my boy told me off for looking at his ass too much :devil: I've got loads of photos & a couple of videos. My boy got some more of Daniella practicing this morning so please tell Dik for him :rolleyes:

LaTenista
03-13-2007, 12:00 AM

So how many pics have you taken so far Ali? How many of your cards are full?

FerrersLinda
03-13-2007, 12:02 AM
He was definately a muppet :o but most of the time he's been a good boy ;) I really don't want him playing Carlos why couldn't he play him in the semis instead :sad: I will of course be cheeering for our boy ut I can tell you know I will be in the minority because they just love Carlos here :D however if Carlos wins i won't be too upset :D

I noticed something very strange about the white shirt yesterday it's got a lilac panel on the back my boy told me off for looking at his ass too much :devil: I've got loads of photos & a couple of videos. My boy got some more of Daniella practicing this morning so please tell Dik for him :rolleyes:

Dik actually asked whether there were gonna be any Daniella photos available for him yesterday. He also asked about Ana.:rolleyes: So I guess you can thank Michael from Dik.

All of America seem to like Carlos a lot. He is very likeable of course. But I like our David more and I really really really hope he wins.

Staring at the behind eh.......very good, very good.:devil: I had noticed the lilac panel before. Meaning I've been staring at our boy on my computer.;)

alisia
03-13-2007, 12:02 AM

So how many pics have you taken so far Ali? How many of your cards are full?

My 256mb card is full & we've taken over 400 photos on my 2gb card + a couple of videos I don't know what quality is like but they look ok on the little screen btw most of the photos of David are topless :devil:

FerrersLinda
03-13-2007, 12:10 AM
My 256mb card is full & we've taken over 400 photos on my 2gb card + a couple of videos I don't know what quality is like but they look ok on the little screen btw most of the photos of David are topless :devil:

At least the quality of your subject is :yeah: Can't wait for you to get back.:cool:

RogiFan88
03-13-2007, 03:11 AM
Time for David to turn around his hth vs. Charly! Think about it, he could have been playing Rogi but he gets Charly instead! So it's a good sign!

VAMOS, DAVID!!!

Sue
03-13-2007, 08:32 AM
At least the quality of your subject is :yeah: Can't wait for you to get back.:cool:

Good girl! Topless you say ? Hmmmm...oh well I suppose if we MUST look at them.....we'll just have to make the effort, just to be polite you understand.....

anna10
03-13-2007, 10:19 AM

I know, this is awful for me, having Carlos and David playing each other at this point, especially when I consider there are matches like Verdasco-Nadal and Davydenko-Murray where I have no interest in either player and strong anti-feelings against one from each pair.

My best hope is just for a great match between the two, and I'll be very happy for the winner and disappointed for the losing player. Trying to take a thought-through approach, I'm looking at potential match-ups for the rest of the tournament, and who has the best chance of success against Djokovic, Roddick, Murray, or Nadal, if that's what it comes to.

My heart will probably favour David a bit more though - right now, everything for Carlos is almost like icing on a great career, and he's played well here already, and I'd like David to continue establishing himself as a player to watch out for anywhere, not just clay.

alisia
03-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Good girl! Topless you say ? Hmmmm...oh well I suppose if we MUST look at them.....we'll just have to make the effort, just to be polite you understand.....

The subject matter is very pretty erm I'm he's got a nice body :devil:

I was drooling when he spoke English it's so soft you just have to lean in a bit closer :o My poor boy was not impressed he said that I'd probably scared him :eek:

David isn't sceduled to play today so I'll have to have a wander around the practice courts :secret: alot of the women have very nice tennis coaches who also feel the need to walk around with not many clothes on :cool:

Speak to you later no doubt I've found this little internet cafe near the food court so we pop in to escape the heat!!

FerrersLinda
03-13-2007, 05:25 PM
The subject matter is very pretty erm I'm he's got a nice body :devil:

I was drooling when he spoke English it's so soft you just have to lean in a bit closer :o My poor boy was not impressed he said that I'd probably scared him :eek:

David isn't sceduled to play today so I'll have to have a wander around the practice courts :secret: alot of the women have very nice tennis coaches who also feel the need to walk around with not many clothes on :cool:

Speak to you later no doubt I've found this little internet cafe near the food court so we pop in to escape the heat!!

Who will you go see play today? The lovely:rolleyes: Mr. DICK?

Sounds like you are having a hard time enjoying yourself in Indian Wells. Poor girl, next year I'll have to come with you so the burden of having to look at all those half naked men will be partly carried by me.:angel:

Did you like the Rafa-Fer match yesterday? I found it very entertaining. What was with the 20 minute warm up? Didn't see you btw. Very many other tennis-punks but not you.:)

LaTenista
03-13-2007, 05:58 PM
:wavey: I enjoyed the match too.

FerrersLinda
03-13-2007, 06:12 PM
:wavey: I enjoyed the match too.

So you got to see it. :dance: Did you leave work early? Both of them played first class tennis I thought.

alisia
03-13-2007, 07:24 PM
Who will you go see play today? The lovely:rolleyes: Mr. DICK?

Sounds like you are having a hard time enjoying yourself in Indian Wells. Poor girl, next year I'll have to come with you so the burden of having to look at all those half naked men will be partly carried by me.:angel:

Did you like the Rafa-Fer match yesterday? I found it very entertaining. What was with the 20 minute warm up? Didn't see you btw. Very many other tennis-punks but not you.:)

I've just had the most awful last hour I had to watch David practice :devil: My boy left me to go watch Henman & Murray :eek: He was practicing with the newly waxed Fena :o He didn't look to happy a bunny this morning he was a little bit tetchy on court :( Of course I took a load more photos you'll all be sick of the sight of him topless I've almost forgot what he looks like with clothes on :devil: I also watched Feli & Almagro. Feli was wearing the most awful shorts I've ever seen :eek:

I missed the beginning of Rafa's match because we were on 2 watching Ferrero win a match he had no right to Chucho blew 3mp in the tie-break on his serve :mad: You all know my fondness for JCF so I hope Rafa kicks his ass well & truely. Rafa did play a lot better than his first match which for him was poor but he doesn't seen to be his self even on the practice courts he seems a bit flat :confused:

RogiFan88
03-13-2007, 07:39 PM

I've just had the most awful last hour I had to watch David practice :devil: My boy left me to go watch Henman & Murray :eek: He was practicing with the newly waxed Fena :o He didn't look to happy a bunny this morning he was a little bit tetchy on court :( Of course I took a load more photos you'll all be sick of the sight of him topless I've almost forgot what he looks like with clothes on :devil: I also watched Feli & Almagro. Feli was wearing the most awful shorts I've ever seen :eek:

I missed the beginning of Rafa's match because we were on 2 watching Ferrero win a match he had no right to Chucho blew 3mp in the tie-break on his serve :mad: You all know my fondness for JCF so I hope Rafa kicks his ass well & truely. Rafa did play a lot better than his first match which for him was poor but he doesn't seen to be his self even on the practice courts he seems a bit flat :confused:

From what I hear Rafa seems quite confident this week esp now that Rogi is gone -- as if a huge weight is lifted -- as much as I'd like Juanqui to win today, things are going Rafa's way big time now [no Misha, Tomas, Rogi or James and whoever is left in his quarter is nobody to him]. As for David, he better beat old man Charly, who doesn't need this win nor this title.

FerrersLinda
03-13-2007, 08:42 PM
David and Gonzo together on a court, both shirtless.......*faints*.

Sure we'll get tired of David sans shirt.:rolleyes: Could you Fedex me that memory card?:devil:

Rafa looked very confident and ready to fight to me. But of course I haven't seen him on the practise courts so what do I know.:awww: I wouldn't worry about him not beating JuanC. I know you'd like him to stay in the tournament longer but I'm sorry for you I think Rafa will take care of him.:p

I'm such a lucky girl, I've got Dave and Lou on my screen so I better go and pay full attention.:secret: I'd much rather be on a practise court paying attention to a shirtless David and Gonzo.:sad:

RogiFan88
03-13-2007, 10:00 PM
I think you're right, FerrersLinda. :lol:

I know why I came here... during our paltry TV coverage, they are advertising the TMS Montreal and guess which player gets shown at the end? ;)

LaTenista
03-13-2007, 10:40 PM

So you got to see it. :dance: Did you leave work early? Both of them played first class tennis I thought.

Yep. :D Actually when I turned on my TV when I got they were showing Stadium 2 for a couple of minutes before going over to Rafa & Nando. :rolleyes:

I see the men's night match isn't until 9 pm (12 am my time) so no rush to get home.

Sue
03-13-2007, 11:01 PM
David and Gonzo together on a court, both shirtless.......*faints*.

Sure we'll get tired of David sans shirt.:rolleyes: Could you Fedex me that memory card?:devil:

Rafa looked very confident and ready to fight to me. But of course I haven't seen him on the practise courts so what do I know.:awww: I wouldn't worry about him not beating JuanC. I know you'd like him to stay in the tournament longer but I'm sorry for you I think Rafa will take care of him.:p

I'm such a lucky girl, I've got Dave and Lou on my screen so I better go and pay full attention.:secret: I'd much rather be on a practise court paying attention to a shirtless David and Gonzo.:sad:

Tired of David sans shirt? Hmmmm....nooooooooooooooooo! Ain't gonna happen Linda my dear!

Sue
03-13-2007, 11:02 PM

I know why I came here... during our paltry TV coverage, they are advertising the TMS Montreal and guess which player gets shown at the end? ;)

Hi RF :wavey: , nice to see you over here......Carlos and David next....quite a pretty match,no ? ;)

alisia
03-14-2007, 12:36 AM
I think that was the first time I nearly felt sorry for JCF :D

Sue believe me if you'd seen him for about 4 hrs shirtless as well as being hot & sweaty you'd be as bored as I am not :devil: I hope for Linda it's this hot in Miami because she's in for a treat ;) And of course I hope it continues thru to Barcelona & of course the French. Even my boy has made a few comments about his bod saying he's put more muscle on :eek: Do you think I need to worry girls :o

My boy has a terrible dilema Ana, Daniella or food :rolleyes: At the moment he's eating pizza whilst trying to decide were we go next :D

We think the Gonzalez v Haas match will be the night match tomorrow so start praying that it is 'cause we don't have tickets for tomorrow night :sad:

He's made a decision & Ana it is :rolleyes:

Speak to you tomorrow :wavey:

LaTenista
03-14-2007, 12:41 AM

I'll start praying for you. :angel:

FerrersLinda
03-14-2007, 01:59 AM

Ehhhhhhh.....:scratch: ...... a certain Sr. Ferrer maybe?:)

And unfortunately I was right about Ferrero. The poor guy played what may have been the worst match of his career. I really feel for him.:sad:

Yep. :D Actually when I turned on my TV when I got they were showing Stadium 2 for a couple of minutes before going over to Rafa & Nando. :rolleyes:

I see the men's night match isn't until 9 pm (12 am my time) so no rush to get home.

What was on stadium 2 that was worth showing?:confused: It sucks that the night match is on so late, I mean good for you but I need my beauty sleep as I'll be walking Noodles tomorrow morning at 6.00 because I've got a tennis class at 8.00.

Tired of David sans shirt? Hmmmm....nooooooooooooooooo! Ain't gonna happen Linda my dear!

No, you won't get tired of David's and his exposed torso?:eek: How come I'm not surprised. I myself tire very quickly. But I suppose when it concerns a beautiful Spanish bod I can keep my attention for a very long time.:devil:

FerrersLinda
03-14-2007, 02:09 AM
I think that was the first time I nearly felt sorry for JCF :D

Sue believe me if you'd seen him for about 4 hrs shirtless as well as being hot & sweaty you'd be as bored as I am not :devil: I hope for Linda it's this hot in Miami because she's in for a treat ;) And of course I hope it continues thru to Barcelona & of course the French. Even my boy has made a few comments about his bod saying he's put more muscle on :eek: Do you think I need to worry girls :o

My boy has a terrible dilema Ana, Daniella or food :rolleyes: At the moment he's eating pizza whilst trying to decide were we go next :D

We think the Gonzalez v Haas match will be the night match tomorrow so start praying that it is 'cause we don't have tickets for tomorrow night :sad:

He's made a decision & Ana it is :rolleyes:

Speak to you tomorrow :wavey:

You nearly felt sorry for JC?:speakles: You are becoming a softy. I myself cried a little for him. What a horrible horrible match. The poor thing, Juan Carlos if you are out there and want to talk or just put your head on somebody's shoulder, I'm here for you.:angel:

Every night before I go to bed I say a little prayer for hot, hot weather in Miami and when I come back I shall pray for the same in Barcelona and Paris.:cool:

According to Dik, Michael has taken the right decision. So good to know the boys are on the same level. Shame they won't be playing together in Paris.:awww:

I do think Gonzo-Haas will be the night match but to be safe I'm keeping my fingers crossed while I type this. I hope they are putting David and Carlos on CC tomorrow afternoon or I won't be seeing them.:sad:

Have fun and please keep reporting. It's great to hear what we are missing out on.:awww:

FerrersLinda
03-14-2007, 02:58 AM
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
STADIUM 1 start 11:00 am
WTA - [15]V Zvonareva (RUS) vs [12]N Li (CHN)
Not Before 12:30 PM
ATP - [4]N Davydenko (RUS) vs [13]A Murray (GBR)
ATP - C Moya (ESP) vs [14]D Ferrer (ESP)
Not Before 6:00 PM
WTA - [14]D Hantuchova (SVK) vs [11]S Peer (ISR)
Not Before 8:30 PM
ATP - [9]T Haas (GER) vs [5]F Gonzalez (CHI)

RogiFan88
03-14-2007, 03:16 AM
Thank God we get minimal coverage... today we didn't even see today's matches... Juanqui... time to go home and focus on your businesses, you loser. It's way too easy for Rafa when he plays you.

VAMOS, DAVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guess I s not be so hard on Juanqui since Rogi was the biggest loser in IW :p

Sue
03-14-2007, 11:10 AM
Have fun and please keep reporting. It's great to hear what we are missing out on.:awww:

Yes- Linda's right......keep the reports coming so we can live vicariously!

Oh and fingers crossed please everyone- am having trouble buying tix for Barcelona, since the site won't accept international credit cards....only Spanish ones.....sigh.

RogiFan88
03-14-2007, 01:55 PM

Oh and fingers crossed please everyone- am having trouble buying tix for Barcelona, since the site won't accept international credit cards....only Spanish ones.....sigh.

Really, Sue? That's a big fat drag! What is it w these Spanish tourneys? I don't know if I w be able to buy tickets for Valencia not being Spanish... guess we all have to move there, eh? ;)

anna10
03-14-2007, 02:30 PM
I'm having a bad feeling about this match not being shown here - coverage switches to ESPN today, which usually favours Americans first, then the big names and guys like Murray. With women being included in the broadcast now (thank you, TTC, for not showing them), I'm not going to hope for too much.

Hope you guys can sort out your various Spanish tickets - I know it has to be frustrating.

OT - are Barcelona and Valencia generally good tourney to attend?

RogiFan88
03-14-2007, 03:41 PM
anna10, if you like Spanish and Latino players, both are probably very good indeed, but ask Sue about BCN! ;)

I think I need to take out Spanish citizenship or sth... or better, grab a Spanish guy and marry him, live in betw BCN and VLN and bob's your uncle! Tickets for those tourneys!

alisia
03-14-2007, 06:46 PM
:bigwave:

It's even hotter today :( Someone said it may reach 96 :eek: And of course today we are on the suntrap side of the stadium :sad:

I've just been watching David practice again with Fena I have such a hard life :o Fena thou today was clothed sorry Linda but David being the poser he is was shirtless :drool: I took a little video of Fena for you as well ;) I don't think I'll get many photos of David during his match because I know you will want to see him clothed because his body isn't much too look at :hearts:

My boy took more photos of Ana but she lost he chose the wrong match to go see because Daniella won :rolleyes:

alisia
03-14-2007, 06:49 PM

:eek: Noooo :hug: I booked our tickets over the internet last year & it was a real pain then but they should accept all credit cards. Hope you get it sorted I wish I was going :sad: I love Barcelona shame about their football team :lol:

RogiFan88
03-14-2007, 07:08 PM
:bigwave:

I've just been watching David practice again with Fena I have such a hard life :o Fena thou today was clothed sorry Linda but David being the poser he is was shirtless :drool: I took a little video of Fena for you as well ;) I don't think I'll get many photos of David during his match because I know you will want to see him clothed because his body isn't much too look at :hearts:

Nice practice! Hope both David and Fena make the SF but first things first. ;)

Kyla
03-14-2007, 09:00 PM

That's strange... I've been last year and I'm sure I paid with my (definitely non-Spanish!) credit card... I'll go check if I can still find my order...

But the big problem with Barcelona is that you get only crappy tix Wed-Sun because they do the pre-sale for the club/association members... and by the time tix go on sale for the "general public", the good ones are all sold out :eek:

Kyla
03-14-2007, 09:00 PM
Okay, I'll be happy no matter who wins this match today...

May the better chico win! :lol:

VAMOS ESPAÑA!!!!

LaTenista
03-14-2007, 09:14 PM
What was on stadium 2 that was worth showing?:confused: It sucks that the night match is on so late, I mean good for you but I need my beauty sleep as I'll be walking Noodles tomorrow morning at 6.00 because I've got a tennis class at 8.00.

It was Ferrero-Acasuso :rolleyes:

I forgot coverage switched to ESPN2 today....probably no match for me. :sad: Anyway I'll still be at work so doesn't matter.

:hug: Hoping you have better luck next time you try.

I think I need to take out Spanish citizenship or sth... or better, grab a Spanish guy and marry him, live in betw BCN and VLN and bob's your uncle! Tickets for those tourneys!

:lol: Is there a place to grab a Spanish guy in North America?

Okay, I'll be happy no matter who wins this match today...

May the better chico win! :lol:

VAMOS ESPAÑA!!!!

Vamos David! :bounce:

Kyla
03-14-2007, 09:30 PM

Okay, I just checked: I booked online and paid with my German VISA card, then I picked up the tickets at the club... Please don't tell me that's not possible anymore :eek: I wanted to go again next year!

RogiFan88
03-14-2007, 09:45 PM

:lol: Is there a place to grab a Spanish guy in North America?

Vamos David! :bounce:

You mean a place on the Spanish guy or a place in N Amer? :p

anna10
03-14-2007, 09:56 PM
anna10, if you like Spanish and Latino players,
Are there any others?:D

I like your thinking - It's a plan I'm working on myself.

And I like it even more.

LaTenista
03-14-2007, 10:18 PM

Both. :devil:

LaTenista
03-15-2007, 12:19 AM
David won 1-6, 6-2, 6-3. Ali must have been screaming at him.

alisia
03-15-2007, 01:53 AM
David won 1-6, 6-2, 6-3. Ali must have been screaming at him.

Yes I was I think I was the only one too :D My mum heard my dulcet tones when she watching the match back home :o The 1st set was alot closer than the scoreline suggests but I knew once he broke in the 1st game of the 2nd set he was going to win I still kept praying alot thou during his last service game :D

Now because my boy as been so good I've bought him a ticket for the night session so he is at the moment watching Daniella :rolleyes:

RogiFan88
03-15-2007, 02:36 AM
Wow! Great win for David!!! Wish we got this match on TV... Now to take out Nole!! ;)

FerrersLinda
03-15-2007, 03:47 AM
:mad: I couldn't get on MTF all day. As soon as I got to it my computer froze.:confused:

At least I had coverage of the match and David played like an uber muppet in the first set. I disagree that it was a lot closer than the score suggests Ali because David was firing UE's left and right. He woke up in the second though. It was fun because both David and Carlos were screaming in frustration. I loved it.:devil:

I'm afraid of Djokobitch though.:scared: He seems to be in awfully good shape. I know David can win but he needs a good day and he needs to serve a lot better than the WTA-serves he came up with today.:rolleyes: Hopefully ESPN thinks I deserve another David match this week.

Sue, hope you can get your tickets for Barcelona sorted. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.:)

:crazy: VAMOS DAVID:crazy:

alisia
03-15-2007, 03:54 AM
:mad: I couldn't get on MTF all day. As soon as I got to it my computer froze.:confused:

At least I had coverage of the match and David played like an uber muppet in the first set. I disagree that it was a lot closer than the score suggests Ali because David was firing UE's left and right. He woke up in the second though. It was fun because both David and Carlos were screaming in frustration. I loved it.:devil:

I'm afraid of Djokobitch though.:scared: He seems to be in awfully good shape. I know David can win but he needs a good day and he needs to serve a lot better than the WTA-serves he came up with today.:rolleyes: Hopefully ESPN thinks I deserve another David match this week.

Sue, hope you can get your tickets for Barcelona sorted. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.:)

:crazy: VAMOS DAVID:crazy:

You think so he had a lot of break points but just didn't convert & i agree he woke up in the second :D Maybe the sun was affecting my memory ;) I'm waiting for Daniella to win/lose so we can go home I'm starving ;)

FerrersLinda
03-15-2007, 04:12 AM
You think so he had a lot of break points but just didn't convert & i agree he woke up in the second :D Maybe the sun was affecting my memory ;) I'm waiting for Daniella to win/lose so we can go home I'm starving ;)

Daniella has just won so you are probably having dinner now. David only had 3 breakpoints in the first set against a double that amount Carlos had on David's serve. David like I said was serving like a muppet and in the first Carlos' service was fantastic. Btw I saw Javi in the stands:hearts: who of course wasn't coaching at all:rolleyes: and I noticed he hasn't been to see the guy with the scissors either. Nice.:D

*Ljubica*
03-15-2007, 05:45 AM
Well done David! I didn't see the match - far too late for me when I have to get up at 5.00am :zzz: Didn't even make it til the end of Puke Boy! Catch you later!

Sue
03-15-2007, 08:19 AM
Okay, I just checked: I booked online and paid with my German VISA card, then I picked up the tickets at the club... Please don't tell me that's not possible anymore :eek: I wanted to go again next year!

Thanks Kyla....last year I rang up and paid over the phone with my Visa card then like you picked the tickets up at the club, no problem. But for some reason the on-line booking site won't accept any of our cards ......am trying Plan C now. If that fails David will just have to give me some tickets!

Sue
03-15-2007, 08:20 AM

Daniella has just won so you are probably having dinner now. David only had 3 breakpoints in the first set against a double that amount Carlos had on David's serve. David like I said was serving like a muppet and in the first Carlos' service was fantastic. Btw I saw Javi in the stands:hearts: who of course wasn't coaching at all:rolleyes: and I noticed he hasn't been to see the guy with the scissors either. Nice.:D

Well done David! But no more first sets like that por favor!
Javi not coaching? Yes, I believe you Linda ;)
Off to work.....
Sue x

Sue
03-15-2007, 08:23 AM
I'm having a bad feeling about this match not being shown here - coverage switches to ESPN today, which usually favours Americans first, then the big names and guys like Murray. With women being included in the broadcast now (thank you, TTC, for not showing them), I'm not going to hope for too much.

Hope you guys can sort out your various Spanish tickets - I know it has to be frustrating.

Never been to Valencia, but I can recommend Barcelona , especially for fans of the Armada and Los Chicos Latinos ! Its a small but friendly tournament - and of course the city is fabulous if you have extra time for sightseeing.
Feel free to pm me if you need any more info.
Sue x

Invisible
03-15-2007, 10:07 AM

I was disappointed in ESPN2's coverage. The problem was that it didn't last long enough, they cut their coverage after the Murray match. According to their TV schedule, the time slots they have for tennis should allow for them to show both of the mens quarterfinal matches today and if the tournament scheduling is the same for Friday we should get to see David's match.

I had been worried about what TTC's coverage was going to be like because recent matches I had been watching before this tournament were delayed by at least a few minutes (or more, they were always a couple games off from livescore) though the were claiming that it was "live". The Indian Wells coverage ended up being pretty good though...they showed matches most of the day, only men's matches, and it was actually ahead of livescore. The only problem was that some of the matches I wanted to see were being played on courts other then the stadium courts and those matches didn't get shown on TV.

So YAY for David getting this far, so we should finally get to see one of his matches on TV.

Jogy
03-15-2007, 11:26 AM
very great David for reaching again so far in one of these tournaments! :yeah:

RogiFan88
03-15-2007, 04:06 PM
No doubt today at 2pm we'll get Haas d poor Fena but I hope it's David d Charly!! Fingers crossed!

Dani driving me crazy taking so long to win...

Sue, sending positive vibes that you get your BCN tickets!!! If plan C fails, appeal to David! ;)

VAMOS, DAVID, you must take out smirky Nole and make the SF!

LaTenista
03-15-2007, 04:14 PM
:wavey: Heading to work now.

alisia
03-15-2007, 05:01 PM

Did I mention I sat next to Javi during David's first match :devil: I do have a complaint thou in all the matches & practices sessions I've watched he's been wearing the baseball cap he's goes onto centre & out comes the bandana :mad: Javi is talking to him the entire time but then again so are most of the coaches :D

anna10
03-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Never been to Valencia, but I can recommend Barcelona , especially for fans of the Armada and Los Chicos Latinos ! Its a small but friendly tournament - and of course the city is fabulous if you have extra time for sightseeing.
Feel free to pm me if you need any more info.
Sue x
Thanks a lot, Sue. I know it won't happen this year, but right now Spain is on my short list for vacation next year, and adding in a day or two of tennis would be great. Good luck with the ticket process!

Congratulations to David with his comeback yesterday, and good luck against Djokovic. It would have been one thing to lose to Moya - going down to Djokovic will not do!

I think the only matches I've been to where I was really close enough to the court and the coach have been David's. Clueless to what they're saying but always funny to watch.

FerrersLinda
03-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Did I mention I sat next to Javi during David's first match :devil: I do have a complaint thou in all the matches & practices sessions I've watched he's been wearing the baseball cap he's goes onto centre & out comes the bandana :mad: Javi is talking to him the entire time but then again so are most of the coaches :D

Yes you mentioned sitting next to Javi, I remember because I had to bang my head against the wall three times of jealousy.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I have no complaints about the bandana, I love it. My only minor complaint atm is that I think he should wear the red shorts and red/white shirt that JCF wore. It looked very cool or at least the black shirt. Maybe you could communicate this to David? Thanks.:angel:

Good luck to everybody in getting tickets for Barcelona.:)

alisia
03-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Yes you mentioned sitting next to Javi, I remember because I had to bang my head against the wall three times of jealousy.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I have no complaints about the bandana, I love it. My only minor complaint atm is that I think he should wear the red shorts and red/white shirt that JCF wore. It looked very cool or at least the black shirt. Maybe you could communicate this to David? Thanks.:angel:

Good luck to everybody in getting tickets for Barcelona.:)

Oh I couldn't remember if i'd mentioned it :devil: Myself i was left unmoved by the event ;) I have no complaints about the bandana i was complaining that he only wore it when i was sat in the gods :mad: JCF wore orange shorts :ras: Thou David does have a pair of red shorts that he wears when training thou my absolute favs are the grey pair :hearts: you will see why when I post my many many photos :devil:

My boy decided today was the day to try a margahrita he wasn't impressed :rolleyes:

RogiFan88
03-16-2007, 02:02 AM
Nice article featuring David from 'the Desert Sun':

Ferrer doesn't fade
Leighton Ginn
The Desert Sun
March 15, 2007

(Lots of photos of Ferru in the Photo Gallery) (http://www.thedesertsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=J1&Dato=20070314&Kategori=EVENTS10&Lopenr=703150803&Ref=PH&Profile=1002&SectionCat=sports)

INDIAN WELLS - Playing a well-respected friend, David Ferrer said his nerves stayed with him longer than usual in his fourth-round match against Carlos Moya.

The results were a dismal first set. But thanks to a break early in the second set, the 14th seeded Ferrer regained his composure and defeated his fellow Spaniard Moya 1-6, 6-2, 6-3 on Wednesday to reach the quarterfinals of the Pacific Life Open.

"The difference was I started out nervous, and to his credit, Carlos played well in the first set," Ferrer said through a translator. "Partly, it's playing Moya, because he's a friend, and you're always nervous in a big match. Sometimes you can get over it, but it stayed with me in the first set."

Ferrer also looked up to Moya, who became the first Spanish player to earn the No. 1 ranking at Indian Wells in 1999 when he reached the finals of the tournament, then known as the Newsweek. Ferrer remembers as a 16-year-old watching Moya's celebration on the court after his semifinal victory, and how Moya jumped into the pool soon afterwards.

Not only does the victory get Ferrer into the quarterfinals of the Pacific Life Open, but it could catch the attention of the Spanish coach. Ferrer is hoping to be one of the players to compete for Spain when it takes on the U.S. in a Davis Cup quarterfinal on April 6-8 in Winston-Salem, N.C. The surface will be an indoor hardcourt.

Ferrer said it will be a given that No. 2 Rafael Nadal will be one of the singles players. As for the rest of the team, it will be up for grab.

Ferrer and Nadal are the only Spaniards remaining in the Pacific Life Open field.

"It's going to be hard every time you play (James) Blake, (Andy) Roddick) and the Bryans. All we know for sure is Nadal will play," Ferrer said. "I don't know (if he's helped his cause). This is up to the Davis Cup captain. This is his decision."

Ferrer moves into the quarterfinal, where he will take on Novak Djokovic, the 19-year-old Serbian.

"Djokovic is going to be a tough match," Ferrer said. "Djokovic is playing good and it will be a high level."

http://www.thedesertsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070315/EVENTS10/703150351/1002/sports

anna10
03-16-2007, 02:47 AM
Nice article - thanks a lot for posting.

alisia
03-16-2007, 03:03 AM
STADIUM 1 start 11:00 am
WTA - [12]N Li (CHN) vs [14]D Hantuchova (SVK)

Not Before 12:30 PM
ATP - [14]D Ferrer (ESP) vs [12]N Djokovic (SRB)

Not Before 2:00 PM
WTA - [33]S Bammer (AUT) or [13]T Golovin (FRA) vs [2]S Kuznetsova (RUS)
ATP - [1] J Bjorkman (SWE)/M Mirnyi (BLR) vs [4] P Hanley (AUS)/K Ullyett (ZIM) or [5] M Damm (CZE)/L Paes (IND)
Not Before 7:00 PM
ATP - [13]A Murray (GBR) vs [9]T Haas (GER)
WTA - [4] N Dechy (FRA)/V Zvonareva (RUS) vs [5] Y Chan (TPE)/C Chuang (TPE)

Guess my boy & I will be frying early tomorrow :o

alisia
03-16-2007, 03:04 AM
Nice article featuring David from 'the Desert Sun':

Ferrer doesn't fade
Leighton Ginn
The Desert Sun
March 15, 2007

(Lots of photos of Ferru in the Photo Gallery) (http://www.thedesertsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=J1&Dato=20070314&Kategori=EVENTS10&Lopenr=703150803&Ref=PH&Profile=1002&SectionCat=sports)

INDIAN WELLS - Playing a well-respected friend, David Ferrer said his nerves stayed with him longer than usual in his fourth-round match against Carlos Moya.

The results were a dismal first set. But thanks to a break early in the second set, the 14th seeded Ferrer regained his composure and defeated his fellow Spaniard Moya 1-6, 6-2, 6-3 on Wednesday to reach the quarterfinals of the Pacific Life Open.

"The difference was I started out nervous, and to his credit, Carlos played well in the first set," Ferrer said through a translator. "Partly, it's playing Moya, because he's a friend, and you're always nervous in a big match. Sometimes you can get over it, but it stayed with me in the first set."

Ferrer also looked up to Moya, who became the first Spanish player to earn the No. 1 ranking at Indian Wells in 1999 when he reached the finals of the tournament, then known as the Newsweek. Ferrer remembers as a 16-year-old watching Moya's celebration on the court after his semifinal victory, and how Moya jumped into the pool soon afterwards.

Not only does the victory get Ferrer into the quarterfinals of the Pacific Life Open, but it could catch the attention of the Spanish coach. Ferrer is hoping to be one of the players to compete for Spain when it takes on the U.S. in a Davis Cup quarterfinal on April 6-8 in Winston-Salem, N.C. The surface will be an indoor hardcourt.

Ferrer said it will be a given that No. 2 Rafael Nadal will be one of the singles players. As for the rest of the team, it will be up for grab.

Ferrer and Nadal are the only Spaniards remaining in the Pacific Life Open field.

"It's going to be hard every time you play (James) Blake, (Andy) Roddick) and the Bryans. All we know for sure is Nadal will play," Ferrer said. "I don't know (if he's helped his cause). This is up to the Davis Cup captain. This is his decision."

Ferrer moves into the quarterfinal, where he will take on Novak Djokovic, the 19-year-old Serbian.

"Djokovic is going to be a tough match," Ferrer said. "Djokovic is playing good and it will be a high level."

http://www.thedesertsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070315/EVENTS10/703150351/1002/sports

Thanks for posting the article because i was going to bring the paper home with me :D

Sue
03-16-2007, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the article RF! Ali- slap on loads of suncream...and shout loudly for muppet boy!

Kyla
03-16-2007, 02:47 PM
Good luck to David for his QF match!!!! :bounce:

Hope he gets out of the locker room in time for set 1 (unlike in his last match :lol: )!

FerrersLinda
03-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks for posting the article.:worship:

Ali you are sooooo lucky that specially for you David has decided to try hard at this years PLO.:D

My brother who btw has just finished kicking my cute bum on the tenniscourt is going to be working the rest of the day so I'm locking myself up infront of the tv to watch THE match this afternoon. :devil: I wanna hear you scream Ali. Maybe a loud "the Ferrer girls are gonna slap you if you don't win this" will get his and my attention.:devil:

RogiFan88
03-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Ooh... we actually get David's match today!!

VAMOS, DAVID!!! Let's make the SF!! VAMOS!!!!

FerrersLinda
03-16-2007, 03:47 PM

I always feel so lucky when I get to see David play, they hardly ever show any of his matches.

I'm looking forward to an afternoon up, under and behind the couch.:rolleyes: :D

VAMOS DAVID:bounce:

*Ljubica*
03-16-2007, 03:47 PM

Same for me - it will be the first match of David's I have been able to see all week. Which means he will probably lose :p

FerrersLinda
03-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Same for me - it will be the first match of David's I have been able to see all week. Which means he will probably lose :p

:speakles: Nooooooooooooooo, don't say that. You may have just finxed him.:sad:

Rosie:mad:

*Ljubica*
03-16-2007, 04:00 PM
:speakles: Nooooooooooooooo, don't say that. You may have just finxed him.:sad:

Rosie:mad:

Sorry :sad: I won't watch if you prefer :sad: I'll probably fall asleep half way through it anyway!!!

Sue
03-16-2007, 04:01 PM
I always feel so lucky when I get to see David play, they hardly ever show any of his matches.

I'm looking forward to an afternoon up, under and behind the couch.:rolleyes: :D

LOL - lets hope you're not behind or under the couch too much!

FerrersLinda
03-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Sorry :sad: I won't watch if you prefer :sad: I'll probably fall asleep half way through it anyway!!!

I would prefer you to watch the match, but you are not allowed to say that because of that he's not gonna win.:( You have been at plenty of his matches and have watched many of them on tv when he did win.:)

LOL - lets hope you're not behind or under the couch too much!

Let's hope but it's bound to happen. He likes to make his fans suffer. Bad boy.:o

alisia
03-16-2007, 04:17 PM

Think of me I've got nowhere to hide :sad: And according the local forecast it's going to be 97 today so hopefully the heat will be too much for young nole ;) The only sad thing is that because of his early start I won't get to see him practice which has been a joy all week :devil:

I wanna hear you scream Ali. Maybe a loud "the Ferrer girls are gonna slap you if you don't win this" will get his and my attention.:devil:

I will be screaming trust me but do you want me to get thrown out they take security very very seriously here :o maybe I can get Michael to scream it :p

*Ljubica*
03-16-2007, 04:18 PM
I would prefer you to watch the match, but you are not allowed to say that because of that he's not gonna win.:( You have been at plenty of his matches and have watched many of them on tv when he did win.:)

Let's hope but it's bound to happen. He likes to make his fans suffer. Bad boy.:o

OK - thanks. I promise I'll be good :angel:

FerrersLinda
03-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Think of me I've got nowhere to hide :sad: And according the local forecast it's going to be 97 today so hopefully the heat will be too much for young nole ;) The only sad thing is that because of his early start I won't get to see him practice which has been a joy all week :devil:

I will be screaming trust me but do you want me to get thrown out they take security very very seriously here :o maybe I can get Michael to scream it :p

David doesn't mind playing in the heat so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Nole will be in control of the match:p but to bothered by the heat to win.

Getting Michael to scream it is a good idea. It will be also provide for some great entertainment.:D

And I refuse to feel sorry for you in the sun. I'd trade places with you in a heartbeat if possible. Make good use of your sunscreen.:cool:

OK - thanks. I promise I'll be good :angel:

I know you're a good girl really.:)

alisia
03-16-2007, 04:31 PM
David doesn't mind playing in the heat so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Nole will be in control of the match:p but to bothered by the heat to win.

Getting Michael to scream it is a good idea. It will be also provide for some great entertainment.:D

And I refuse to feel sorry for you in the sun. I'd trade places with you in a heartbeat if possible. Make good use of your sunscreen.:cool:

I know you're a good girl really.:)

Yes mum I'm on the factor 15 & have still gone red :mad: It's alright for you because you're use to the heat my poor boy & I are melting but I know my suffering is for the greater good :o Btw the forecast for Miami is :ras:

FerrersLinda
03-16-2007, 04:36 PM
Yes mum I'm on the factor 15 & have still gone red :mad: It's alright for you because you're use to the heat my poor boy & I are melting but I know my suffering is for the greater good :o Btw the forecast for Miami is :ras:

:eek: Really? How can that be? It's always hot hot hot in Miami. I'm gonna cry.:sad: My boy has even bought me a new digital camera with all the lenses to get excellent pictures of great tennis action.(read: uncovered upper bodies:devil: )

FerrersLinda
03-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Btw factor 15, as you know by now, is not nearly high enough. When I go outside to play tennis, go to the beach, go running etc. I always use at least factor 30. Factor 15 might be good for the UK but toss it when your in real sun.:cool:

alisia
03-16-2007, 04:43 PM
:eek: Really? How can that be? It's always hot hot hot in Miami. I'm gonna cry.:sad: My boy has even bought me a new digital camera with all the lenses to get excellent pictures of great tennis action.(read: uncovered upper bodies:devil: )

You don't go for another week & I'm sure if you ask David nicely he will take his top off ;) Yesterday he was the only practicing shirtless everyone else including the coaches were wearing t-shirts but as a lady said to me on Tuesday when you've got a body like that flaunt it.

Btw factor 15, as you know by now, is not nearly high enough. When I go outside to play tennis, go to the beach, go running etc. I always use at least factor 30. Factor 15 might be good for the UK but toss it when your in real sun.:cool:

I started on factor 50 & have only been on 15 for 2 days but at least the red bits are now starting to turn brown :D

alisia
03-16-2007, 04:51 PM
OK ladies I'm off to the tennis & I promise I will make my self hoarse screaming for our boy & happy hiding everyone else :D

FerrersLinda
03-16-2007, 04:53 PM
You don't go for another week & I'm sure if you ask David nicely he will take his top off ;) Yesterday he was the only practicing shirtless everyone else including the coaches were wearing t-shirts but as a lady said to me on Tuesday when you've got a body like that flaunt it.

I started on factor 50 & have only been on 15 for 2 days but at least the red bits are now starting to turn brown :D

A very wise lady! I just checked the 10 day forecast and it says 27 degrees but a 25% chance of rain. So it's a mixed bag.:rolleyes:

OK ladies I'm off to the tennis & I promise I will make my self hoarse screaming for our boy & happy hiding everyone else :D

Have fun tennispunk!:wavey:

RogiFan88
03-16-2007, 06:28 PM
I just want David to make the SF in IW, as he has done in Miami. It w be fantastic for him! I fear this WTA match will go the distance... as they all have been ... too slow!

alisia
03-16-2007, 06:36 PM
ok ladies start praying because I've just watched our boy hit with Javi & his serve was :ras: even for him, he looks quite nervous & I promise that was not due to me :angel: Thou i may have been drooling a little bit because he was wearing the grey shorts that I've begun to love so much :devil:

For the ladies who care I also took a short video of Javi playing ;) Thou you will hear the annoying American who kept asking me who the boy was, then asking if Roddick would come out to practice :mad:

Off to make sure my boy is ok he's watching Daniella unsupervised :o

FerrersLinda
03-16-2007, 06:39 PM
ok ladies start praying because I've just watched our boy hit with Javi & his serve was :ras: even for him, he looks quite nervous & I promise that was not due to me :angel:

For the ladies who care I also took a short video of Javi playing ;) Thou you will hear the annoying American who kept asking me who the boy was, then asking if Roddick would come out to practice :mad:

The serve has been off for a long time and it hasn't become any better this past week.:sad: I'm sure he'll start nervous but get over it fast. I've decided a few minutes ago that Nole has nothing that David can't handle when he's fighting like the lion he is.:)

You didn't hit that Roddick lover?:mad: I hope you did, screwing up a lovely video of a beautiful man like that.:awww:

Have fun.:wavey:

anna10
03-16-2007, 06:46 PM

There probably would be one less Roddick fan in the world if I'd been there.:devil:

I'm nervous about this match - I really liked the Djokovic who needed trainers every other changeover and retired half the time so much better. I'm going to adobt FerrersLinda's attitude, and be confident that David will just dig in the way he can.

*Ljubica*
03-16-2007, 07:19 PM
ok ladies start praying because I've just watched our boy hit with Javi & his serve was :ras: even for him, he looks quite nervous & I promise that was not due to me :angel: Thou i may have been drooling a little bit because he was wearing the grey shorts that I've begun to love so much :devil:

:hug: Thank you from one of the ladies who care :) I am just about to settle down in front of the TV to see the start of the live coverage, and I will be looking for you. Enjoy :)

*Ljubica*
03-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Except...... :bigcry: There is no David on my TV :sad: I turned it on all excited, and for the first time all week there is no evening TV coverage from Indian Wells - just golf and f****** football :mad: Our first life match will be "Puke Boy" v Haas at 2.00am :sad: So f*** Sky TV I say!!! If I wasn't so tired, I would be really angry - as it is I will just go to the live scoreboard and be grateful for it!!!!

anna10
03-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Awww, Rosie, I'm so sorry.

I'm nervous, that we'll end up with a replay of Roddick instead of David - I really don't put this past them.

RogiFan88
03-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Until someone wins this WTA match soon, we won't get to see David either... this is getting ridiculous -- the WTA matches are longer than the ATP ones...

VAMOS, DAVID!!!!!!!!

anna10
03-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Until someone wins this WTA match soon, we won't get to see David either... this is getting ridiculous -- the WTA matches are longer than the ATP ones...

VAMOS, DAVID!!!!!!!!

I know, it's been amazing almost the whole tournament, just wanting to scream to put us out of our misery.

Ok, done now. finally.

C'mon David!!!!

RogiFan88
03-16-2007, 08:51 PM
just great, a repeat of Pandy now... so no David... :sad:

*Ljubica*
03-16-2007, 09:18 PM
Sorry RogiFan :sad: But thanks to Judio and Scoobsuk on GM I have now found the bizarre intetarractive station that David is being shown on :lol: So I can watch it :banana:

RogiFan88
03-16-2007, 10:05 PM
:sad: pobrecito... :sad:

alisia
03-16-2007, 10:19 PM
Sorry girls I failed he lost 63 64 :sad: The last time I watched him in a masters series was Rome 2005 & he got to semis before loosing in an amazing match to Rafa. He played a good match except for the 2 games which he was broken in they were so soft I can't believe he played that awful a game :mad: .

If you heard a booming male voice shouting "vamos David" I'm proud to say that was my boy :D Anyways we've enjoyed our time being the "David Ferrer travelling fan club" hope you enjoy your time as much Linda :D

LaTenista
03-16-2007, 10:35 PM
I watched on ESPN2 seems David's problem in the beginning was his racquet tension :( Unfortunately Djokovic was playing quite well and didn't falter in the heat.

Well I think Ali did a good job, he's picked up some extra points so there won't be as much pressure for him to reach the SFs at Miami again.

alisia
03-16-2007, 10:41 PM
I watched on ESPN2 seems David's problem in the beginning was his racquet tension :( Unfortunately Djokovic was playing quite well and didn't falter in the heat.

Well I think Ali did a good job, he's picked up some extra points so there won't be as much pressure for him to reach the SFs at Miami again.

He had the same problem yesterday in his match v Carlos he sent 2 rackets back at the end of the 1st game.

I don't know if you got to see the service speeds but he was firing them down in the high 110's & even sent one down at 121mph so he's put a bit more bight on his serve :D