Marcos's ESPN Chat [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Marcos's ESPN Chat

Deboogle!.
03-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Hi guys! Marcos did an ESPN Chat today :) here's the transcript
-------------------------------------------------
Oxford, Ohio: What the heck was going through your mind when you took that first set from Roger in the aussie open final?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:04 PM ET ) Nothing special. I was just playing tennis and that was all. After I started thinking a bit, that's what cost me the match. My mind wandered from the match.

Alin, College Station, Texas: What was the MAJOR mental change that happened to you in the last 3 years, that led to your tennis success? Thank you.

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:05 PM ET ) No mental change. Nothing changed. I just kept working hard and believing in myself. Staying strong and getting ready for your chance and being ready for it.

Zack, Toronto, Canada: What of the top seeds that you beat is the most memorable win for you: Roddick, Nalbandian, or Ljubicic?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:06 PM ET ) Nalbandian, because it was an amazing match. I was losing 2-0. That made it special.

Jill (Los Angeles): Hi Marcos! I love watching you play. What do you think is your best shot? What surface is your favorite?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:06 PM ET ) The best shot is everything! (laughs) The surface is hardcourt.

Deb (Boston, MA): Hey Marcos! It is a joy to watch you play tennis, you always look so happy on the court. Now that you reached a slam final, what are some goals you want to reach this year?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:07 PM ET ) Stay healthy and play all the weeks. That's my goal.

Daniel Keltz Brooklyn, New York: How old were you when you started playing tennis?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:07 PM ET ) Five years old.

Kurt (Orem, Utah): How did you get such a great following from your home country and how did you develop such a great passion for tennis?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:08 PM ET ) I don't really know, because I wasn't in my country for a long time. But I get a lot of support from my country.

justin/ny: who is the best player you ever faced and how in the future are you going to improve your game so you can beat them

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:09 PM ET ) Best player is Roger. I'll continue my way. He's four years older so he has more experience. If I continue this way, hopefully one day I will beat him.

Andrew (London, UK).: Do you have any superstitions?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:09 PM ET ) A lot.

Matt (Ann Arbor, MI): What part of your game are you working on most? Which part of your tennis game do you feel is most vulnerable?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:09 PM ET ) The physical part.

Lynn Austin Texas: How do you deal with the pressure and expectations now that your have made it to a grand slam final?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:10 PM ET ) It's not long after I played in the Aussie, it's only one tournament ago. I can't answer that one too well.

Leandro. Argentina: Hi Marcos! What do you think about th Eye Hawk. U think is a good idea for tennis? THanks. Greetings Leandro

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:12 PM ET ) I haven't really heard too much about it. It depends how they do it.

Steve (Milwaukee, WI: Which grand slam would you like to win most and why?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:12 PM ET ) Australian Open, because it feels like home.

Ben São Paulo Brazil: You almost won a Grand Slam title "out of nowhere." The press compared you to Guga Kuerten because of that and also because of your charisma. Do you see yourself having as many fans around the world supporting you as you had in Australia?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:13 PM ET ) I don't really know about that. It could be cool for tennis if those things happened not just for me but for all the players in tennis. It would be fun if it continues.

Andy (Houston): Of all the places you've traveled to play, where is your favorite?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:13 PM ET ) Australia!

Yanis Hermitage, PA: Tikanis Marcos! Do you think tennis is becoming more popular in Greece and Cyprus?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:14 PM ET ) Yes.

Faris (Chicago): Growing up who did you follow in tennis?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:14 PM ET ) Rafter.

Brad Mattison (Carlisle, MA): How do you think you will fair at Wimbledon, does your game suit well to a grass court?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:15 PM ET ) I really adapt myself really quickly. So sure, why not?

mario vancouver b.c.: How much does Federer's forehand spin up?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:15 PM ET ) Lots! (laughs)

Lee, Arizona: What languages you speak/know? Fluent or not.

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:16 PM ET ) I speak three. Romanian, Hebrew, Spanish, Italian - I know "hello, how are you" in those!

Brad Mattison (Carlisle, MA): Do you think you can beat Rafael Nadal? He seems now to be a tough player on hardcourt.

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:17 PM ET ) Every day is different. Any day, anyone can beat anyone. That's what I think. So my answer is yes.

Chris (Fremont,Ca): Marco you are my new favorite player!!! How has life changed ever since your great performance in the Aussie Open... ohh by the way WHATS YOUR FAVORITE FOOD?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:18 PM ET ) Lots!

Michael (Wauwatosa, WI): Loved watching you in Australia -- that was a great run. Which American do you think is playing the best right now? Roddick? Agassi? Blake? Good luck in Palm Springs!

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:19 PM ET ) Roddick and Blake are playing really good, but there are so many playing good right now. I think at the moment Blake is a tough player to play. Roddick is too, because of his serves. It's hard to tell.

Kuwata ( connecticut): How do you think about the new doubles rules? Do you want to enter the doubles more?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:19 PM ET ) Sometimes I think about playing doubles, I do it just for practice. But I don't think about playing in tournaments.

Joey (Port St. Lucie): Marcos, who has the toughest shot in tennis and what is it?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:20 PM ET ) Every thing is a tough shot. Even now everything is till tough. You need a lot of concentration on the court.

Marinos Georgiou (Larnaka): No question, just Marcos must know that Cyprus is with him wherever he is. Marcos you are the best!

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:21 PM ET ) Thanks.

Keisuke (japan): Did you like Japan when you competed at the AIG Japan OPEN?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:21 PM ET ) I won two tournament as a junior there. I like playing there.

Morgan (St.Louis, MO): Hey Marcos! Will you be playing in both Indian Wells(Pacific Life) and the Nasdaq-100 Open?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:22 PM ET ) Yes, both of them.

Oxford, Ohio: If you had to set expectations for yourself for the next 3 majors (and hopefully the year end masters) what rounds would you say would be your goal in each for this year?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:23 PM ET ) Win them! That's what I want.

Bill (Florida): I noticed you keep your cool out on the court very well, you never get to down on yourself. Did you ever used to be a racquet thrower?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:24 PM ET ) Yes, when I was a kid, but I still think I'm a kid. But I stopped throwing the racquets!

kasper : hello, marcos i saw al your match in austrailian open it was amaising! witch tornament are you going to play next

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:24 PM ET ) Indian Wells.

Ken (ny): About how many hours do you practice daily? (When there is no tournament(

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:25 PM ET ) Like 2 hours of tennis and four hours of physical workouts.

Justin (Hong Kong): Do you know who you play first round in Indian Wells yet?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:25 PM ET ) No. Not yet. It begins on Saturday.

MBB (St.Louis, MO): It seemed like in your match against Roddick(at the Aussy Open) that you were reading his first serve relatively well. How were you able to do this so efficiently?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:26 PM ET ) I don't really know! I don't really know. It was just a talent. I don't think that's work.

Drew (Indianapolis, Indiana): In your opinion, which of your shots is your best?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:27 PM ET ) I don't know. Forehand on the run maybe?

Bonnie, Houston, TX: do you pay attention to the women's game?

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:27 PM ET ) Not really. There are sometimes when I watch, but not really.

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:27 PM ET ) Thanks for all the questions!

belco
03-08-2006, 04:38 PM
coolies

Iza
03-09-2006, 07:47 AM
Lee, Arizona: What languages you speak/know? Fluent or not.

SportsNation Marcos Baghdatis: (3:16 PM ET ) I speak three. Romanian, Hebrew, Spanish, Italian - I know "hello, how are you" in those!

cooooooool :yeah: I'd ofer to teach him more :angel:

thanx for the transcript Deb :hug: