Cricket Test Series NZ v WI [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Cricket Test Series NZ v WI

dave nz
03-06-2006, 09:04 AM
Here's a few compelling numbers :

Minnows and draws taken out, The West Indies in Test matches in the decade of the 2000's are :

1-25 away from home

8-40 Overall

NZ are :

6-9 at home

6-17 overall

Its fair to say that on the balance of the 2000's this NZ team is slightly stronger, while the Windies are slightly weaker.

I just don't see this Windies attack being able to take 20 wickets, there bowlers don't find the right channels often enough and they lack a quality spinner.

Their batting is weak and NZ's bowling is relatively strong.

NZ will get some of my money parlayed to win this series. However I won't be going strong on it mainly because its only a 3 test series and the weather could play a part.

Bolar Bolabi
03-07-2006, 01:20 AM
Underrate us at your own peril.

sparkus8
03-07-2006, 01:38 AM
Bolar you have been spouting that line for as long as I can remember.

As Dave has shown you the stats don't lie. The Windies have managed to win the grand sum of one test and two ODI's in the past year and if you back them every time you say you do you must be very close to the poor house right now.

Mate my advice to you would be to stop flogging a dead horse and keep your money in your pocket in regards to the Windies.

Cheers,

Sparks

bad gambler
03-07-2006, 01:52 AM
ODIs generally cover up the skill deficiencies of weaker teams and makes it more of a contest. The fact that the Windies got pummelled in that series does not bode well for the test series IMO. Test match cricket doesn't allow you to get away with skill weaknesses and for that reason the Windies will struggle to be competitive in the upcoming series.

I can see Bennett King and the players doing the rain dance now, they are going to get thrashed.

The better and more competitive series will be in South Africa, where I might have a dabble on the South Africans to cause a bit of an upset.

bad gambler
03-07-2006, 01:58 AM
Bolar you have been spouting that line for as long as I can remember.

As Dave has shown you the stats don't lie. The Windies have managed to win the grand sum of one test and two ODI's in the past year and if you back them every time you say you do you must be very close to the poor house right now.

Mate my advice to you would be to stop flogging a dead horse and keep your money in your pocket in regards to the Windies.

Cheers,

Sparks

:lol:

dave nz
03-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Well said Sparks and BG.

Bolar your heart is playing to much of a part with some of your punting......which is fine If u punt for recreation and entertainment, but I get the feeling this is not you.

Bolar Bolabi
03-08-2006, 01:16 AM
Who said anything about Punting?

I didn't.

I'm just saying underate us at your own peril.

andrew057
03-08-2006, 03:02 AM
Who said anything about Punting?

I didn't.

I'm just saying underate us at your own peril.

And you shall overrate them at your own peril.

Bolar Bolabi
03-08-2006, 08:54 AM
I'm not placing anything on this match or series. I'm just saying that we've got a good quality team and the teams are even.

New Zealand's bowling attack isn't that good. It's weak!

If Bravo was playing this first test, I'd rate us a chance of winning because he can lift our team like no other. He will probably play, but only as a batsman.

I expect Chanderpaul to regain some form that he had before he took over as captain. Lara will be solid as usual. Runako Morton is looking good and Ganga is looking good either.

This is my team for the first test.

1. Chris Gayle
2. Daren Ganga
3. Runako Morton
4. Brian Lara
5. Shivnarine Chanderpaul
6. Ramnaresh Sarwan
7. Denesh Ramdin
8. Ian Bradshaw/Rawl Lewis
9. Daren Powell
10. Jerome Taylor
11. Fidel Edwards

sports freak
03-08-2006, 09:18 AM
Black caps will absolutely play with the Windies,can see a 3-0 series clean sweep but likeDave said if wheather intervenes therfore could change things to 2-0!!!!New Zealands battling lineup is stronger,deeper!!Their bowling lineup is the same therefor cant see Windies getting even close,whitewash in the Making!!!!!!This will get ugly for West Indies even if Lara plays the series of his life!!!Bond the Destroyer!!!!

b_boy
03-08-2006, 09:27 AM
i thought this thread is about gambling, if you don't have any $$$ on the match, go to GM. simple as that.

dave nz
03-08-2006, 11:20 AM
I'm not placing anything on this match or series. I'm just saying that we've got a good quality team and the teams are even.

Such a good quality team that they have won around 7% of their tests played in the last few years, nuff said.

New Zealand's bowling attack isn't that good. It's weak!

I think its a well balanced attack esp in NZ conditions. Sure If Bond wasn't playing they would lose alot, but he is.

Bond and Vettori both world class.

Mills and Franklin, Mills in particular a tricky medium pacer who can swing the ball both ways. To complement the genuine pace of Bond, left arm spin (with loads of varations of Vettori). Franklin offers a different varation again a left armer again who can move the ball both ways and IMO better suited to the longer version of the game.

A well balanced a dangerous attack esp in our backyard If u ask me.

Sure our depth is poor but these guys are our best and they are all healthy right now.

bad gambler
03-08-2006, 12:29 PM
8. Ian Bradshaw/Rawl Lewis
9. Daren Powell
10. Jerome Taylor
11. Fidel Edwards

Hardly a pace attack that will sending shivers down the spine of the kiwi's top order - edwards will do well to get 2 balls an over on the pitch, the most wayward and inconsistent fast bowler in international cricket

Bolar Bolabi
03-09-2006, 12:45 AM
Hardly a pace attack that will sending shivers down the spine of the kiwi's top order

Bradshaw did!

its.like.bolar
03-09-2006, 01:29 AM
2007 Cricket world cup outright winner

Pick :- India @ 7.00 (banker)

:wavey:

Bolar Bolabi
03-09-2006, 02:07 AM
New Zealand 7/207

Let's go Windies.

Our batting attack is strong - especially with Bravo in the middle order! :cool:

dave nz
03-09-2006, 05:18 AM
Windies have a blinder on the first day NZ have a poor day by there standards.

Yet NZ finish probably slightly with the edge, its tough to see the Windies winning many days during this series.

Bolar Bolabi
03-09-2006, 09:41 AM
West Indies best batters are at the crease and the further in form ones who will lead our middle order are still to come.

Lara and Sarwan

Chanderpaul will hopefully get back to his best.

Then we have Ramdin and Bravo who will team up again - both in fine form with the bat - even through the domestic season. Ramdin has improved since Australia. Bravo is in the team for his batting.

Even match as I forecasted. However, we might crumble like we always do when we've got a sniff.

Bolar Bolabi
03-11-2006, 09:22 AM
You boys will be hoping West Indies put on one of their famous crumbles

Gayle and Ganga playing sensibly - particularly Gayle - keeping his wicket, taking his time.

Gayle 28 off 49 and Ganga 20 off 59 I'm happy with. Keep their crease because we have the batting to get the 243 runs required on day 4.

Edwards bowled well - extremely well in the second innings. Gayle and Bradshaw were bloody brilliant.

Regardless, the result will be known by the end of tomorrow.

LETS GO WINDIES!

Bolar Bolabi
03-11-2006, 09:23 AM
You rarely see this.

West Indies are favourites in-play to take out the match.

I'm not surprised - I told you all not to overrate New Zealand and that this series will be closer than everyone thinks.

Win or lose, West Indies have fought and proved you all wrong.

Bolar Bolabi
03-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Hardly a pace attack that will sending shivers down the spine of the kiwi's top order - edwards will do well to get 2 balls an over on the pitch, the most wayward and inconsistent fast bowler in international cricket

Edwards has improved out of site. He's bowled really well this series. Even in the one dayers. He hasn't been wayward and inconsistent this series. He's put the ball in the right places - bowled the line and length deliveries. Was unlucky not to get the snicks in the first innings.

Bradshaw has totally destroyed New Zealand.

sports freak
03-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Doing a Bolar Job,Kiwi will lose!count on it,lol!!!!Just saw the list of the NZ test lineup n a few players missing that i thought where playin!!Bolar wetting his pants right now!!!

Bolar Bolabi
03-12-2006, 12:28 AM
Gayle is playing very responsibly. He's letting some balls go and taking his time. He needs to show us that he's a quality test opener and I'm hoping he scores a century here or close to it.

I want a match winning innings from either Gayle/Ganga/Sarwan/Smith/Bravo/Ramdin

I'd like the young players to step up and show what they're worth.

0/69

222 runs to get with 10 wickets in hand.

We've got 2 days to get this - be responsible.

LETS GO!

dave nz
03-12-2006, 09:37 PM
NZ go 1-0 up :)

Man the Windies are terrible

bad gambler
03-12-2006, 09:42 PM
I'm not surprised - I told you all not to overrate New Zealand and that this series will be closer than everyone thinks.

It is not a question of overrating the kiwis, it's knowing windies simply are not up to it full stop, not sure how many more examples you need before even you realise it

Win or lose, West Indies have fought and proved you all wrong.

bad gambler
03-12-2006, 09:42 PM
Hard to see kiwis not winning this 3-0 provided the weather holds, Bond from what i saw on the highlights was awesome, i really rate him highly as a genuine fast bowler.

sports freak
03-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Hard to see kiwis not winning this 3-0 provided the weather holds, Bond from what i saw on the highlights was awesome, i really rate him highly as a genuine fast bowler.

Windies absolute Useless,Bond is a top notch bowler,world class like Dave said,had trouble Aussies in previous times aswell!!!3-0 looks like a GIMME since that looked like their best chance of winning a test,lol!!!

sparkus8
03-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Windies = Deck Chairs

143 runs to get with 10 wickets in hand and that so called 'quality' Windies batting line up doesn't even come close to getting it.

I guess as Bolar said we have all been proved wrong. Looks like I will have to console myself with all the money I have won opposing the deck chairs, whoops I mean Windies!

Cheers,

Sparks