Arnaud,Paulo and many more to play an exhibition in Geneva! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Arnaud,Paulo and many more to play an exhibition in Geneva!

Lindsayfan
12-01-2003, 08:24 PM
Arnaud,Paulo,Carlos,Marat,Rogi,Guy,Yannick and many more to play an exhibition on december 8th in Geneva! :D
I wish I was already there... :( well..it will be for the next year! ;)

here the link:

http://www.littledreamsfoundation.com/tennisdreams/index.htm

and then click on "exhibition de tennis"

irishface
12-01-2003, 10:42 PM
Thanks Vale!

esther
12-02-2003, 06:33 AM
oooh coool how excitement! thats next monday...thats interesting that carlos is playing and not wanting to take the time off

michelleg
12-02-2003, 04:58 PM
What a fab lineup (especially with DiP!!!)

Desperately seeking babysitter and airline tickets to Geneva.

esther
12-03-2003, 03:37 AM
omg youre going to go?!! youre sooo lucky u can just decide to go and go!! lol if that makes sense

Lindsayfan
12-03-2003, 01:29 PM
Desperately seeking babysitter and airline tickets to Geneva

lmao :p

michelleg
12-03-2003, 04:09 PM
Ahhh, Esther, if my parents lived here in Florida, I would actually consider it. However, I don't fancy taking a 3 year old, 4 year old and 7 year old to Switzerland with me for a jaunt.

I'm just going to have to wait another four months until Miami for a tennis fix. <<withdrawal symptoms starting to kick in...>>

esther
12-04-2003, 12:26 PM
ohhh youve got 3 kids?!! Can i ask, how long have u been following tennis for? ever since you were my age or more recently? coz its weird coz i'm just 16 but i wonder if i'll still be following it after i'm married and have kids etc lool

michelleg
12-04-2003, 05:36 PM
Funny you ask, because I have followed tennis just about all my life, but really started to appreciate it more at your age (16) when I "fell in love" with Boris Becker. Needless to say, my taste in men is like a fine bordeaux, mellowing and appreciating with age!

And although I don't follow it as closely, I also enjoy the women's game, as I am also a tennis player!

And hopefully you will still follow the game when you are old like me. (OK so I am not that old, but still....you know you are old when its the coaches that hit on you instead of the players, LOL.) I have taken my kids once with me to a tournament (Delray Beach.)

I dont think Remi believed that my son was actually mine!!! (Most people think I am still in my 20s) But he had such a blast (the Arnauds entertained him to no end and were so nice to him) that he wants to come to Miami with me this year.

Lindsayfan
12-05-2003, 07:18 AM
coz its weird coz i'm just 16 but i wonder if i'll still be following it after i'm married and have kids etc lool

Esther,the question should be: I wonder if I'll still be following tennis once Arnaud and Seb both retire... :p

in my case I'm 24 and I still follow tennis but when I'll get a full-time job I'm sure I wont be surfing on the net as much as now.I'll just watch matches but wont go online...

esther
12-06-2003, 01:14 AM
oh thats interesting michelle that you have been following tennis for quite a long time...I dunno i think it'll be harder when i start uni and start working tho coz it's easy enough during school time and stuf but i dont know if i can see myself considering tennis that much of a priority when i'm older...and Vale loool yeah thats another thing, when they both retire i dont know if JC and Coria will be enough *sob* lol

its weird tho coz now obviously i cant do nethign i want coz i cant go newhere i want whenever i want, but i think yeah when im older i'll be able to go around the world to all the tournaments i want and it'll be so much easier but then theres work...money...etc so although i'll have the freedom it may not be possible neway. *shrugs* we'll see

aww Valeeeeee you have to go onlineeeee but i could understand how hard it would be...but dont disappear! :sad: :bigcry:

prazz_m
12-06-2003, 04:09 AM
DON'T TALK ABOUT ARNAUD'S RETIREMENT :tears: :crying2:

lizabeth..*
12-06-2003, 12:46 PM
DAYUM....

I am living in the wrong country....Don't go anywhere Carlos....Im on my way....*scampers*

esther
12-06-2003, 12:46 PM
like we havent before!!
but yes i'll stop now
lol

esther
12-06-2003, 12:48 PM
^^about arnaud retirement liz interupted lol

michelleg
12-06-2003, 02:54 PM
I always felt like I lived in the wrong country during my RafterFan years...

Its pretty much a dilemma now for me, I have the financial freedom to travel to wherever I choose, but lack the family freedom to do so. Next year, for example, I am going to Miami and Madrid for sure, maybe Roland Garros or Wimbledon, depends on work.

I didn't have the time to follow the tennis as much during Uni years, picked it up again once I graduated, though. Then along came Pat Rafter, and I was addicted to the sport all over again.

Marine
12-06-2003, 03:22 PM
I always felt like I lived in the wrong country during my RafterFan years...

LOL

I always felt like I lived in the wrong country during my SamprasFan years... !!

michelleg
12-07-2003, 01:00 AM
I would imagine so, Marine!

;)

esther
12-07-2003, 02:43 AM
well michelle i hope i'm still like u when im older and am able to go to a couple of tournaments a year...thatd be really fun! Its just harder to pull of the *innocent girl routine* ;)

michelleg
12-07-2003, 04:29 AM
:haha: about the *innocent girl* remark, Esther.

That's why I had to invest in serious camera equipment. Makes me look pseudo-legitimate.

When all else fails, I bring my kids. Who can resist a smiling seven year old with a missing front tooth?

esther
12-07-2003, 05:10 AM
omg yeah...players LOVE kids!! Get one of ur kids to buy them a present and go from there!!!! Not that youd like to use your kids like that ...lol

prazz_m
12-07-2003, 06:16 AM
LOL ESTHER...
innocent girl routine...
the only reason i don't want to grow up...hahahha
but it's soo like failproof...unless you're in a groupie...but as i hate groupies it always works

michelleg
12-07-2003, 04:48 PM
Ahhhh and the number two rule: I also prefer to attend the tournaments solo. I sometimes will have a friend or two with me at times, but absolutely avoid the group thing like the plague.

Nahhh, wouldn't send the kids with prezzies. Instead, I make them ask for the autographs in the players' native languages. That way its educational for them. Teaches them respect for other cultures and all...now they also know from where all the players are...

Best story: I was chatting with Nick Carr, Martin Verkirk's coach, after his practice at Delray. Robbie listened for a while (Nick has a lovely Kiwi accent) and then looked straight at him and asked, "Do you know the Wiggles?" He had never heard a Kiwi accent and had confused it with an Aussie one!!! Nick thought it verrrry humorous to say the very least.

esther
12-08-2003, 11:25 AM
lol @ the wiggles thing..that would have been so cute!!

yeah going in a group to tournaments would be a real pain...we went with about like...5 or 6 people to Australian Open last year and although it wasnt as bad as i would have thought coz they knew how if i didnt get to see who i wanted to see i would crack it so they had to be nice lol but i think the best would be going with one other person coz if exciting stuff happened there would have to be someone there to share it with!!

thats really interesting that you get ur kids to ask for autographs in their languages!! thats a really smart idea.

esther
12-08-2003, 11:40 AM
:topic:

any results?!!

esther
12-08-2003, 11:41 AM
is escude really playing?

lizabeth..*
12-08-2003, 01:38 PM
*I want photos DAMMIT*

esther
12-08-2003, 01:39 PM
there sooo wont be photos

lizabeth..*
12-08-2003, 01:45 PM
Shush you

michelleg
12-08-2003, 09:43 PM
I may have some pics/results coming from someone at the Clement board where I post. I will copy it here for you all if she comes through for us.

I begged her for DiP pics, lol.

lizabeth..*
12-08-2003, 10:47 PM
AHHHH beg her for Carlos Paulo and Marat too, lol
*begs*

esther
12-09-2003, 03:24 AM
ohhh cool
*waits* thanks michelle!

prazz_m
12-09-2003, 05:29 AM
i found the most annoying thing about going in that group earlier this year at ao was just that they didn't want to really go for the tennis as such and they didn't relaly know THAT much about tennis but they were just there for the sake of being there and they had invited themselves...
all i wanted was a peaceful day seeing the players i wanted and not having to do stupid things that people who weren't even that interested in being there wanted to do...

esther
12-09-2003, 11:53 AM
they werent that bad tho...coz they all fell in love with JC!! LOL oh funny and they came half way thru the day

michelleg
12-09-2003, 02:07 PM
First things first: As promised, the post and the link to Katie's website where the pics from Geneva wil be posted. Bad news? Arnaud was a no-show, which probably means that the other Arnaud was a no-show as well. Theres a good Yannick story there etc. Taken from the Clement's Corner board....

Author: Katie , Dec/9/2003 03:46:57 [-06 CST]
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/worldwidetennis

Hey!!!
Well the Tennis in Geneva was great!!!The players who were there were Bahrami,Noah,Llhasek,Santoro,Boetsch,becker,Federe r,some wheel chair players,Amelie Mauresmo and Manuela Maleeva!It really rocked!!!I managed to take some pictures also,about 33!So, i hope that they will come out well!Basically in the beginning, the players were warming up with some upcoming swiss players!It was great to see,and these youngsters are quite impressive nowadays, they hit the ball so hard for their age!Anyway, there were many doubles matches such as:Noah,Mauresmo-Mauela Maleeva,Boetsch.And there were of course singles matches where Federer played all of them!And he won every match!It is so amazing to watch him play, so light on his feet,such precision with his shots,and very talented!
The atmosphere between all players was awesome!They were all so relaxed and smiling ALL the time, it was great to see compared to very important matches,where they all stay focused!
Yannick Noah of course spiced the evening up with his sense of humour,we were all prctically falling off our seats, because he was so hillarious!
A great evening it was with a lot of good tennis!I will put the pictures up on my website, witha report of the match!Will keep you all posted!

Arnaud wasn't there though which was a shame

Thanks to Katie for posting!

michelleg
12-09-2003, 02:24 PM
And now replying to the off-topic, but highly interesting conversation we were all having about doing the tennis "en masse.."

I have decided to go solo mostly because I have found that I meet more players when I am alone versus with a group. I got to have dessert with Fernando Vicente only because the others in Montreal were back at the tennis and werent hovering about. He's my new best friend, lol. It was rather ironic, because the first thing we talked about was the "group" and where were they. He said he had thought that I was French because he had heard me speaking with Caro and Amelie (the French girls that came to Montreal this past year) and to the waitstaff in French and that I wasn't loud like the rest of the ladies in the group. He said that Americans are too loud for him and was I sure they wouldn't be coming back? (It was 1 in the afternoon...they were at the tennis, I was back at the hotel.)

I have been to player parties, have had the best fun when it was only two of us. Even then, I still felt like I was responsible for someone else (I spent most of the night trying to set her up with a certain tennis player and then ended up on the dance floor with him myself!!!)

So, I now travel almost alone, but pick and choose verrrrrry carefully who I sit with and travel with at tournaments. Miami I am hoping to have one of my French friends (she runs a DiP site which is fab!) with me-we were at Bercy together. I remember one time at Miami, taking pics of Tommy Haas all by my lonesome, nobody else watching him practice...I was getting great smiles, etc. until someone that I knew came along and practically started yelling/making a commotion which distracted him. I ended up just leaving because I was so embarrassed.

So its just me and my superduper zoom lens....(soon to be replaced with magnificent digital SLR camera!!!!) I like it better that way.

And it also has helped that I am blonde (LOL!!!) and look about ten years younger than I actually am (sometimes I still get carded!)

Marine
12-09-2003, 04:56 PM
Arnaud and Dip were not in Geneva because they are in stage in l'Alpe d'huez (ski resort) with their coach.
And I think Paulo is on stage too, in les Vosges (mountains near Strasbourg)

Lindsayfan
12-09-2003, 08:06 PM
PAULO'S PLAYED! AND GUY TOO!

Here some results:

Amélie Mauresmo & Paul-Henri Mathieu beat Guy Forget & Bacsinsky (the swiss new hope) in two tie-breaks.

Amélie Mauresmo & Fabrice Santoro (practising for Hopman Cup ) beat Mansour Bahrami & Maleeva (Manuela, I think), 8/6, 7/5.

Guy Forget & J Hlasek played against Paul-Henri Mathieu and Yannick Noah & Arnaud Boetsch played against Boris Becker and Mansour Bahrami!

Eurosport will show highlights Wednesday 17th December at 13 CET

Marine
12-09-2003, 09:18 PM
What a lucky girl, Amélie !! pffff...and she has any idea of her chance...:rolleyes:

I am disguted !!!!! ANY pic of paulo on yahoo sport...just noah, Mac, forget and rogi !! :(

lizabeth..*
12-10-2003, 03:37 AM
Marat and Carlos didn't show up *sad*

I wanted photos

Michelle - I think you need to come down here to Melbourne and take me to some of these player parties! LOL

I was going to go to one this year but I didn't get around to it because I was at another party instead

(Had it been the OFFICIAL players party I would have skipped my friends room mates party and gone - but since it wasn't, I didn't bother)

lizabeth..*
12-10-2003, 03:40 AM
What a lucky girl, Amélie !! pffff...and she has any idea of her chance...:rolleyes:

No, I don't think she does Marine :p lol

michelleg
12-10-2003, 02:33 PM
Lizabeth - I wish I could come to Melbourne! In fact, one of the girls from the official Clement site is coming with me to Indy (Caro, who was with me in Montreal and Bercy) so hopefully we will be at the player party...depends on where it is held and if I can get her "proper identification" (its usually held in a club, which means you have to be 21 to even enter.) Last year there were so many "underage" players in the tournament field that it had to be held at a restaurant so the majority could actually attend!!!

Although player parties can be kind of scary (as in rowdy)...Killer (Paul Kilderry) is probably the wildest one I've seen. The Frenchy coaches can be a hoot as well (theres one, think its Llodra's coach, who made rounds with the ladies saying some pretty forward things...he grossed me out entirely.) That's where I met Thierry and Remi, in fact. I sat down with Thierry to get away from Llodra's coach, LOL.

Marine
12-10-2003, 02:44 PM
Michelle, I suppose you speak about caroline, the girl with orange hair and very pale face? (lol)
I already saw a pic of her in Monteral with Arnaud, and this year in Metz, I watched her at tv, she was just behinf the empire, then, in Bercy, I saw her in the crowd too. She is everywhere, no ? It seems that Arnaud knows her, no ?

michelleg
12-10-2003, 03:14 PM
Yep, that's the same Caro. Arnaud does know her, as after Metz, he gave her a kiss on the cheek and also gave her his blue Lacoste shirt he was wearing!!!!!

Marine
12-10-2003, 07:38 PM
Yes, I was not sure, but at tv, after his win, I had seen him going to see her and kiss her, and I was a bit surprised..."Is she a fan or a friend ?", I thought ! lol Hehe, I know Arnaud is lovable with his fans (in spite of what Esther thinks), but, at this point...:kiss: ...I belive I'm going to make ennfort the next year, and try to meet him !!! :unsure::drool: I want a kiss too !!

Lindsayfan
12-10-2003, 07:42 PM
Marine,u want to kiss Arnaud?uhm..if i know u (and i think i do),u wont be so brave to ask Arnaud a kiss :p
I'll ask to Guy if I can hug him and take a pic..i mean a real hug,not just his arm around my shoulder (i already have it!) and then I'll show u all this marvelous pic ;)

michelleg
12-10-2003, 08:45 PM
Well, according to some stories, I've been kissed on the cheek by him (although I distinctly remember DiP doing that, I don't remember Nono doing it...) AND I've run my fingers through his hair. ALL in the same night.

Truth be told, it was 2 in the morning, I was terribly drunk and the Arnauds were walking us home after a night in the club (Indy) We had started the night drinking with Martin Verkirk and his coach and ended up with the Arnauds...I remeber bits and pieces (like scaring the bejeezus out of Nono by touching his hair...wanted to see if he had his Alice band in...and walking home barefoot, arm-in-arm with DiP-like a girl could EVER forget that!!!)

Its sort of like a big fog, with a little visibility here and there...

Anyone in for a tourney with me?? LOL, I behave better than that most of the time. It's just too easy in Indy, as we used to party there when I was in Uni.

michelleg
12-10-2003, 08:48 PM
Marine-at what match did you see Caro in Bercy??? I was there with her :-) I was there sunday through tuesday....

Marine
12-10-2003, 10:30 PM
I was thursday so I didn't see you.

michelleg
12-11-2003, 12:07 AM
So next year you'll come and have un cafe avec moi? (And sit next to Feliciano...best cafe I've ever had!) I am thinking I might go again next year if I decide not to go to Madrid.