Exclusive Interview with sensational Oliver Rochus [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Exclusive Interview with sensational Oliver Rochus

Luke
03-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Olivier Rochus interview (Dubai 2006)
http://inside-tennis.net/index2.php?action=news&id=1350

Hagar
03-02-2006, 10:13 AM
Thanks, Luke. Hope Ollie will do as well as last year, and also hope he can get far in the Slams.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-02-2006, 10:17 AM
Thank you! :yeah:

Are there any advantages being the smallest player on tour?

Sometimes the people they look at you and they say “wow!” with this size and with his power, he is doing pretty good. And also the players think “he is doing pretty well with his size”. I don’t see any advantage, but that’s the way it is, and I am trying to do my best like this. In tennis size is not everything; there is the game and the mental side. To be better in the ranking I am missing the power a little bit, the serve…, but I can’t do anything about it. I was born small like this, but I’m not thinking about this, just trying to do my best and enjoying it which is important. Enjoy the game, your job, what you’re doing and your life, and that’s it.

He talks the truth! :rocker2: He is small so his serve can't be too fast, :sad: but his mental state is so tough always! :rocker: He was incredible to beat "the Giant" Ivo! :bigclap: Yesterday he beat Safin too! :woohoo:

Luke
03-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Yes it's true, Oli is unbelivable on the court. Wonder if he can keep up with this form for longer time. In my opinion i think he will be playing on his highest level all this season long. He's a bit like Ljubicic when his form came up last year. Hope for Oli with similar or even better successes.

almouchie
03-02-2006, 11:09 AM
he must be tired hearing everyone ask abuot his size & that he isnt that tall
it must get to him at times
it great of him to be able to play at this level
many other players have better ability & strengthn & cannt get to the level the Rochus brother have.
good luck to the rest of seaon

Hagar
03-02-2006, 02:16 PM
:sad: Ollie lost against Youzhny. I don't understand it. One day he beats Safin (OK, a rusty Safin but still) and then he loses against Youzhny. OK, good player but one would think that if you can beat Safin you can also beat him.
I was hoping for a Fed-Ollie semi.