British Eurosport.... fuck off you whoppers! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

British Eurosport.... fuck off you whoppers!

revolution
03-01-2006, 06:02 PM
5-3 Stepanek serving and then the twats cut it off to some crappy clips with music.. and Henman breaks back and holds?

Whoppers! :rolleyes:

Mistaflava
03-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Speaking of whopper...it's whopper day at BK

yesss

binkygirl
03-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Lol, this is bawdy language day at MTF!

RonE
03-01-2006, 06:36 PM
What do you expect? They're just a bunch of steaming moles....

Sjengster
03-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Hey, I don't care what happened with the coverage, Henman somehow won! Did Eurosport know something we didn't? It would have been hell on the nerves trying to stick it out through the last few games of that match.....

Much more of an irritant for me was commentating maestros David Mercer and Chris Bailey deciding midway through the match that the tennis unfolding before them was obviously less interesting than reminiscing about 70s children's TV. Mercer is old enough to have different tastes, for a start.

Horatio Caine
03-01-2006, 06:43 PM
Hey, I don't care what happened with the coverage, Henman somehow won! Did Eurosport know something we didn't? It would have been hell on the nerves trying to stick it out through the last few games of that match.....

Much more of an irritant for me was commentating maestros David Mercer and Chris Bailey deciding midway through the match that the tennis unfolding before them was obviously less interesting than reminiscing about 70s children's TV. Mercer is old enough to have different tastes, for a start.

Oh my, Bailey got on to British Eurosport? :o :tape:

Sjengster
03-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Don't you watch their coverage regularly, jezzy? Not only does he commentate, he does the on-court interviews afterwards, and is actually much less wooden than he is when presenting for Sky.

*Ljubica*
03-01-2006, 07:33 PM

But what was the rabbit's name? Did they ever decide?

Horatio Caine
03-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Don't you watch their coverage regularly, jezzy? Not only does he commentate, he does the on-court interviews afterwards, and is actually much less wooden than he is when presenting for Sky.

I'm at uni so I only get Eurosport when I'm at home :bigcry:

:lol: Did Henman get interviewed? If so, what sort of things did he say?

Horatio Caine
03-01-2006, 07:36 PM

Oh dear...was that what the commentary was like? :tape: :lol: :haha: :haha:

Sjengster
03-01-2006, 07:52 PM

Zebedee, they said. But wasn't it Dylan? I apologise for not being fully au fait with the Magic Roundabout mythos.

jez, there was no interview because coverage cut off from 5-3 in the third onwards, they must have lost the feed.

*Ljubica*
03-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Zebedee, they said. But wasn't it Dylan? I apologise for not being fully au fait with the Magic Roundabout mythos.

jez, there was no interview because coverage cut off from 5-3 in the third onwards, they must have lost the feed.
Nah - Zabedee was the bouncing creature that said "time for bed" at the end of every episode. And guess I am old enough to be a bit of a Roundabout aficianado myself :o This is the rabbit by the way. but no one seems to remember his name - not even the Eurosport commentators!

Yonge
03-02-2006, 03:29 AM
Nah - Zabedee was the bouncing creature that said "time for bed" at the end of every episode. And guess I am old enough to be a bit of a Roundabout aficianado myself :o This is the rabbit by the way. but no one seems to remember his name - not even the Eurosport commentators!

:haha: It's like the commentators weren't even aware of the tennis match going on. But that's still better than TSN's (Canada) coverage, which is zero.

JustmeUK
03-02-2006, 03:30 PM
it would work if they used their brains a little. the smart thing to do would have been to cut to the federer match and forget the petrova-li match.. after all they are planning on showing more from doha later today when they would catch the hingis-kuznetsova match that would be the highlight of the day anyway at doha.

tangerine_dream
03-02-2006, 03:30 PM
The best part of this thread is the "fuck off you whoppers!" line. Cracks me up every time I see it. :lol:

stebs
03-02-2006, 03:35 PM
it would work if they used their brains a little. the smart thing to do would have been to cut to the federer match and forget the petrova-li match.. after all they are planning on showing more from doha later today when they would catch the hingis-kuznetsova match that would be the highlight of the day anyway at doha.

They can't please everybody. Once a match has started I think it is better to watch until the conclusion of that match. I'm sure many would prefer to see Federer but I think alot of people on here get angry with Eurosport when they cut matches to go to another match. Then they get angry when they don't do it as well.

It is not a magic channel, they can't do everything.

JustmeUK
03-02-2006, 03:56 PM
simple.. don't start the petrova-li match.. god knows they play plenty of crap to fill space between one programming segment and another.

and they have cut in the past from one match to another.. usually on ES GB it involved cutting to a Tim/Greg match.

as for pleasing everyone.. lemme see.. Federer/Vik vs Petrova/Li.. whose going to generate more interest (and more revenue from advertising)? no contest there!

*Ljubica*
03-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Friday Order

EUROSPORT 2 1500 CET
Petrova vs Sugiyama :rolleyes:

followed by Nadal who starts at 1600 :mad: :mad: :mad:
:rolleyes: Petrova/Sugiyama will be at least 2 hours long - far too many UE and double faults in seemingly never-ending boredom :devil: One of our commentators said yesterday that ATP Dubai had taken ticket sales 20-30% higher than WTA Dubai the previous week - so why do they think the fans at home prefer to watch Petrova/Sugiyama playing in wherever the hell they are this week instead of Nadal :devil: Roll on Sky's coverage of Indian Wells and Miami in a few weeks - interractive and no WTA!!!

Gulliver
03-02-2006, 09:35 PM
And you can guarantee that the women's match will go to a third set, and have innumerable deuces while you are waiting for a men's match. And if one of the players is Japanese she will run absolutely everything down and prolong the agony..........