Al Ghareeb broke Federer's serve. Congrats. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Al Ghareeb broke Federer's serve. Congrats.

its.like.that
03-01-2006, 11:16 AM
He leads *3-2, 1st set.

:lol:

bokehlicious
03-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Oh my god, this is the end of the world !

:retard:

bad gambler
03-01-2006, 11:17 AM
:rocker2:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Go go go Al Ghareeb! :aparty:

Billabong
03-01-2006, 11:20 AM
4-2 now

jenanun
03-01-2006, 11:22 AM
so........

federer's career has officially ended!

he can never win a match again...

wakeup people. federer is going into the final no matter u like it or not...

JCF
03-01-2006, 11:25 AM
Just the final huh jenanun :confused:

Thought he would be certain to win this tournament as usual :zzz:

Nathaliia
03-01-2006, 11:26 AM
vamos al ghareeb

its.like.that
03-01-2006, 11:28 AM
so........

federer's career has officially ended!

he can never win a match again...

wakeup people. federer is going into the final no matter u like it or not...

:cuckoo:

jenanun
03-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Just the final huh jenanun :confused:

Thought he would be certain to win this tournament as usual :zzz:

na... he is definately going into the final...

then he will play nadal... who is going to be the first person to beat federer this year in ATP tournament (so haas doesnt count)

btw, who is al ghareeb???

its.like.that
03-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Fed is 0/4 on break points so far.

its.like.that
03-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Al Ghareeb 5-3*

:smoke:

Dexter_1986
03-01-2006, 11:30 AM
yeah, I think the end is close :lol:

Hopp Rogi :)

Ays25
03-01-2006, 11:31 AM
federer is the most overrated player of all time
i have seen tons of number ones but none of them was humiliated by a club player who hasnt won a match against a top 250 player hahahaha

Horatio Caine
03-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Al Ghareeb broke again?!! :eek:

its.like.that
03-01-2006, 11:33 AM
Al Ghareeb *5-4

serve it out son!

MariaV
btw, who is al ghareeb???
Some Kuwaiti player. :shrug:

A_Skywalker
Lol , what a surprise !!!

MariaV
03-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Al Ghareeb broke again?!! :eek:
OMG! :eek: :eek: Where has the world come to!!! :eek:

Dexter_1986
03-01-2006, 11:38 AM
:nerner: Rogi just broke - 5all

silverwhite
03-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Al Ghareeb didn't break again. In fact, Roger broke back. 5-5 :)

Billabong
03-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Rogi serving better now:)

jenanun
03-01-2006, 11:42 AM
:nerner: Rogi just broke - 5all

see! ;)

Ays25
03-01-2006, 11:42 AM
haha
yet again federer gets big luck
5-4 30-0 down and 3 lucky points a net court bla bla
now you see why i keep telling he is OVERRATED.
is federer played between 1985-2000 he would be ne more than arnaud boestch of that time

bokehlicious
03-01-2006, 11:44 AM
haha
is federer played between 1985-2000 he would be ne more than arnaud boestch of that time

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jenanun
haha

you are humorous. I like u!

landoud
what is the result now?

its.like.that
03-01-2006, 11:45 AM
tiebreaker!!!

Fed serving, *2-2

Ays25
03-01-2006, 11:46 AM
i am serious dude
can you see becker, sampras, agassi, in this situation when they wer at the top?
fed doesnt have opposition, he is a good player with big piece of luck

bokehlicious
03-01-2006, 11:47 AM
i am serious dude
can you see becker, sampras, agassi, in this situation when they wer at the top?
fed doesnt have opposition, he is a good player with big piece of luck

One time it's funny, two times it's crap :rolleyes:

its.like.that
03-01-2006, 11:47 AM
Fed *6-2 :(

silverwhite
03-01-2006, 11:49 AM
Roger 7-6(5) :nerner:

its.like.that
03-01-2006, 11:49 AM
Federer takes the set 7-6

:sobbing:

bokehlicious
03-01-2006, 11:50 AM
Fed takes care about his season tiebreak record :o

fabolous
03-01-2006, 11:50 AM
*jumps on the al ghareeb bandwagon*

jenanun
03-01-2006, 11:54 AM
One time it's funny, two times it's crap :rolleyes:

ditto!

Ays25
03-01-2006, 11:57 AM
i am serious, i talked with nick bolettieri about this and he said "federer is a good player but who does he play against?? "
but i m very jealous of his luck

Dirk
03-01-2006, 12:00 PM
Federer takes the set 7-6

:sobbing:

Jimbo, I thought we were pals but you are hurting my feelings by rooting against NNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIINNNNNNJJJJJJAAAAAAA

WyveN
03-01-2006, 12:10 PM
i talked with nick bolettieri about this and he said "federer is a good player but who does he play against?? "

http://scd.mm-c1.yimg.com/image/1069963463

ytben
03-01-2006, 12:12 PM
http://scd.mm-c1.yimg.com/image/1069963463

:haha: :haha: :yeah: Gold Wyv!

ca1houn
03-01-2006, 12:12 PM
fuck fed 1 of 11 on break chances

R.Federer
03-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Roger wins, tough match though
7-6 6-4
Nice for the local crowd to see one of their own to well against #1! Hmmm, now I wonder did Roge purposely let him get close to get the crowd excited?

RonE
03-01-2006, 12:30 PM
:nerner: :nerner: :nerner:

Hola Mr. SK
03-01-2006, 12:39 PM
7-6 6-4
Nice for the local crowd to see one of their own to well against #1! Hmmm, now I wonder did Roge purposely let him get close to get the crowd excited?
huh?
He has to find his form to play easier,or he will be knocked out sooner or later!!

Rogiman
03-01-2006, 12:47 PM
I wonder did Roge purposely let him get close to get the crowd excited?
No chance in the world, and if he plays like that next round he'll certainly lose.

bokehlicious
03-01-2006, 12:52 PM
No chance in the world, and if he plays like that next round he'll certainly lose.

He won't play like that and lift up his game to a level to win that match, simply :) Why more ? :o

rofe
03-01-2006, 12:52 PM
7-6 6-4

I doubt it. He would be stupid to do that. I think he is not able to get into the groove and playing very low ranked players is not helping because he feels that he can scrape through.

kapranos
03-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Fed's struggling against a nobody. :eek: And "they" call him the greatest of all time, what a joke!

rofe
03-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Fed's struggling against a nobody. :eek: And "they" call him the greatest of all time, what a joke!

:haha: at you. If I had a nickel for everytime Fed hatas like you said something like this...

SLICK
03-01-2006, 01:00 PM
Federer press conference quotes on WWW.Inside-tennis.net

star
03-01-2006, 01:00 PM
:haha: :haha:

This thread is so funny. Federer won the match and won routinely in the second set. Federer said when he was younger that he very much admired Sampras and this is exactly how Sampras played. He conserved energy and simply turned it up a notch when he needed to and played at a lower level at all other times. That's what Federer has done for a long time now, and it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

R.Federer
03-01-2006, 01:16 PM
:haha: :haha:

This thread is so funny. Federer won the match and won routinely in the second set. Federer said when he was younger that he very much admired Sampras and this is exactly how Sampras played. He conserved energy and simply turned it up a notch when he needed to and played at a lower level at all other times. That's what Federer has done for a long time now, and it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

I think you are right on. It makes sense that he use only as much energy as he needs to. Perhaps part of the result is also that he is playing this man for the first time, not quite sure which weapon to use, what to attack etc.
But I recall Pete also used to "Break open" matches and win them 6-4 6-4 rather than 6-0 even against very low rank players

Corey Feldman
03-01-2006, 01:32 PM
youve got to be kidding me Roger..
Ok you won, but 3-5 down to this guy in the first set, well .. just hope he's playing better come Indian Wells/Key Biscane.

RogiFan88
03-01-2006, 01:33 PM
He and what army?

Corey Feldman
03-01-2006, 01:35 PM
i am serious dude
fed doesnt have opposition, he is a good player with big piece of luckshut up you tart

federated
03-01-2006, 01:44 PM
haha

This is hilarious. You've got the greatest players from that era--and the eras before--saying roger is one of the best they've ever seen/played--and more often than not THE best.

For some reason I think Laver, Mcenroe, Agassi, Wilander, Becker, Lendl, Narvratilova and Borg have a wee bit more credibility than you do on the topic of tennis playing, Ays25. ;)

Jim Jones
03-01-2006, 01:44 PM
7-6 6-4
Actually Al ghareeb is Kuwaiti and the tournament is held in Dubai part of UAE.

alexito
03-01-2006, 01:48 PM
federer tie briek with ghareeb (number 2000000000 of the world)
all match tie briek? mmmmmmmm
the federer'draw is a joke

shotgun
03-01-2006, 01:49 PM
This is not being a good week for Federer so far. He already lost a doubles match and now struggled to get past a player who is 488th in the ranking. :lol:

bokehlicious
03-01-2006, 01:51 PM
the federer'draw is a joke

Hopefully he coud meet Nadal in the final, so I quite agree with your statement, Dubai's draw is a joke :p

RonE
03-01-2006, 02:17 PM
This is not being a good week for Federer so far. He already lost a doubles match and now struggled to get past a player who is 488th in the ranking. :lol:

People have pretty short memories apparently. Dubai, this time last year. Anyone? Roger pushed to final set tiebreaks in his first two matches against Minar and Ferrero, saving match point against Ferrero no less. Apart from a brilliant performance against Agassi he was sloppy right the way through including the final against Ljubicic and he still won.

landoud
03-01-2006, 02:24 PM
congrats fed... tough win but well done

shotgun
03-01-2006, 02:31 PM
People have pretty short memories apparently. Dubai, this time last year. Anyone? Roger pushed to final set tiebreaks in his first two matches against Minar and Ferrero, saving match point against Ferrero no less. Apart from a brilliant performance against Agassi he was sloppy right the way through including the final against Ljubicic and he still won.

Ferrero and even Minar are a whole class above Al Ghareeb, I suppose.

And can you point out where I said that Federer is not going to win this tournament? Dubai 2005 is not the only example of tournaments he won without playing a completely reliable tennis. What about Halle when he got pushed by Soderling and Safin? Cincinatti when he struggled against Blake, Kiefer and Ginepri? To stay in last year...

Rogiman
03-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Dubai 2005 is not the only example of tournaments he won without playing a completely reliable tennis. What about Halle when he got pushed by Soderling and Safin? Cincinatti when he struggled against Blake, Kiefer and Ginepri? To stay in last year...
Miami :o
Rotterdam :help:

peripheral
03-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Yes, but the point is that he won all those tournaments. The fact is that he is not going to be play perfect all or even most of the time-- he's human, he's under a lot of pressure, and the rest of the tour is gunning for him. What makes a champion is the ability to find a way to win even when he's not playing his best, and Roger seems to be learning to do that over the last year. This is going to be key to his longevity.

LLeytonRules
03-01-2006, 02:55 PM
I was surprise by this.He needs to pick it up otherwise he might be surprised.

NYCtennisfan
03-01-2006, 03:05 PM
This is hilarious. You've got the greatest players from that era--and the eras before--saying roger is one of the best they've ever seen/played--and more often than not THE best.

For some reason I think Laver, Mcenroe, Agassi, Wilander, Becker, Lendl, Narvratilova and Borg have a wee bit more credibility than you do on the topic of tennis playing, Ays25.

Damn! You beat me to it. :)

BTW, star is right about how Sampras used to go about business against players who he could not possibly lose to, but the overall flow of the match would be different because he wouldn't be broken or come close to be broken, but he would not do well on the return either. Federer will lose concentration and be broken, but he knows that he could break at any time and steps it up when he needs to. Like Star said, he has been doing this for about a year and a half now and it should be no surprise.

NYCtennisfan
03-01-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by Shotgun Blues
Dubai 2005 is not the only example of tournaments he won without playing a completely reliable tennis. What about Halle when he got pushed by Soderling and Safin? Cincinatti when he struggled against Blake, Kiefer and Ginepri? To stay in last year...

If someone can win tournaments with the best fields with basically their "B game", it tells you how great that player is. Most players on the ATP tour, probably all but about 10 or 12, can't even win a match playing their "B game" in the cruel place known as the ATP tour.

nobama
03-01-2006, 05:31 PM

And can you point out where I said that Federer is not going to win this tournament? Dubai 2005 is not the only example of tournaments he won without playing a completely reliable tennis. What about Halle when he got pushed by Soderling and Safin? Cincinatti when he struggled against Blake, Kiefer and Ginepri? To stay in last year...And people say Roger's got no competition... :lol:

George_Hanson
03-01-2006, 05:31 PM
LOL, I don't understand this argument. Federer did what he had to do. Nothing more nothing less. He probably wasn't thinking about this match before it happend, during the time it was hapenning and he probably already forgot about it after it had ended. :yeah: to Fed, he would have probably won it even if he was 6-7 0-4 down. So nothing happened, Fed will lift Dubai trophy once more

nobama
03-01-2006, 05:38 PM
LOL, I don't understand this argument. Federer did what he had to do. Nothing more nothing less. He probably wasn't thinking about this match before it happend, during the time it was hapenning and he probably already forgot about it after it had ended. :yeah: to Fed, he would have probably won it even if he was 6-7 0-4 down. So nothing happened, Fed will lift Dubai trophy once moreI'd rather have a score like this than have him win the first set easily but lose the match or sth like that. I'm sure he wasn't expecting it to be that close but at least at the end of the day he's winning these matches. Maybe he spent to much time boating last night. :o

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20060301/capt.xkj11003011418.emirates_dubai_tennis_xkj110.j pg

shotgun
03-01-2006, 05:46 PM
And people say Roger's got no competition... :lol:

He indeed has competition, but it's a competition that sistematically wastes the few opportunities of beating him, with a few rare exceptions. If Roger wasn't so mentally tough and didn't usually raise his level in the decisive moments, he would certainly have more defeats than he actually has.

rofe
03-01-2006, 05:52 PM
He indeed has competition, but it's a competition that sistematically wastes the few opportunities of beating him, with a few rare exceptions. If Roger wasn't so mentally tough and didn't usually raise his level in the decisive moments, he would certainly have more defeats than he actually has.

:topic: but that sig is hilarious ! :yeah:

shotgun
03-01-2006, 05:59 PM
:topic: but that sig is hilarious ! :yeah:

;)

Sjengster
03-01-2006, 06:47 PM
i am serious, i talked with nick bolettieri about this and he said "federer is a good player but who does he play against?? "

Hmm, well let's see, among others:

Agassi
Haas
Malisse
Mathieu

Now what do they have in common, I wonder? :scratch:

RonE
03-01-2006, 06:59 PM

And can you point out where I said that Federer is not going to win this tournament? Dubai 2005 is not the only example of tournaments he won without playing a completely reliable tennis. What about Halle when he got pushed by Soderling and Safin? Cincinatti when he struggled against Blake, Kiefer and Ginepri? To stay in last year...

Can you point out where I implied that you said he was not going to win the tournament? I merely stated that it is no surprise that he was pushed and it is not like he won every match he played up till now playing flawless tennis as you yourself pointed out.

nermo
03-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Haven't seen any of the matches today :shrug: so i can't judge
But i guess Fed. says it all here: "He was the better player but my experience got me through".

Was it a good match technically or was it dfs loaded?

All in all good play Al Ghareeb :)

And Fed:It's time to Waaaake uuup!! :scratch:

RonE
03-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Was it a good match technically or was it dfs loaded?

It's hard to call it a "good" match. Ghareeb played well all credit to him, he was the one pinning Roger back behind the baseline in the backhand corner with his massive topspin forehands. And his serve really did a lot of damage. For the most part he didn't fold- but you mentioned double faults and he double faulted to give Roger the break in the 2nd set. Apart from that though, he hung tough and Roger was a little too passive at times in this match but again, I believe Ghareeb would have given a tough time to any player with the way he played so credit where credit is due.

nermo
03-01-2006, 07:37 PM
posted by Rone
It's hard to call it a "good" match. Ghareeb played well all credit to him, he was the one pinning Roger back behind the baseline in the backhand corner with his massive topspin forehands. And his serve really did a lot of damage. For the most part he didn't fold- but you mentioned double faults and he double faulted to give Roger the break in the 2nd set. Apart from that though, he hung tough and Roger was a little too passive at times in this match but again, I believe Ghareeb would have given a tough time to any player with the way he played so credit where credit is due.

i see. Thanks for the report.
And i guess Fed. playing against players for the first time ,especially when they 're not well known ,might be the reason for his passiveness.And ofcourse with u mentioning, Alghareeb hanging tough and keeping him under pressure .this might have escaped.

shotgun
03-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Can you point out where I implied that you said he was not going to win the tournament? I merely stated that it is no surprise that he was pushed and it is not like he won every match he played up till now playing flawless tennis as you yourself pointed out.

You implied that I had a bad memory and then talked about how he struggled in some of his matches on the way to his title in Dubai last year. I guess we'd both agree that Federer has collected a surprisingly high amount of tight wins if we take a look at his W/L record. But come on, there's a huge difference between struggling to beat experienced ATP-level players like Kiefer and Santoro, and struggling to beat a futures-level player like Al Ghareeb. And that was basically my point.

1sun
03-01-2006, 08:10 PM
lol shit roger, you better pack your bags. theres no way your taking this title.

denibas77
03-01-2006, 08:24 PM
I don't know about yesterday match, but I saw today match and he didn't play well he actually doesn't play well from the start of the year god knows what's with him :confused: well tomorrow is another day and his draw doesn't look very hard.

George_Hanson
03-01-2006, 08:42 PM
I don't know about yesterday match, but I saw today match and he didn't play well he actually doesn't play well from the start of the year god knows what's with him :confused: well tomorrow is another day and his draw doesn't look very hard.

Yes he hasn't been playing well since the start of the season. Doha, Australian Open and now Dubai. Total 12-0. What gets better? You could complain about the style (I also reckon Fed playing better in 2004 and till Wimbledon 2005) but obviously he doesn't have to use 100%. If he is forced to - he'll give a full throttle

Solid_Snake
03-01-2006, 08:44 PM
The man still won in straight sets.

leave him alone.

denibas77
03-01-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm just saying he doesn't play beatuful as he used to play,he's struggling,but credit to him for this year record :worship:

jenanun
03-01-2006, 09:01 PM
please please please let roger reach the final....

really want to see nadal vs federer.....

George_Hanson
03-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Roger is slowly preparing himself to the first ever flawless tennis season. 95-0 with Grand Slam.

Just kidding. I'm not the fan of Rogi, although I praise him. But it would be great to be the eyewitness of something like that.

robrulz5
03-01-2006, 10:08 PM
We all know he'll start to take it up a notch.

bad gambler
03-02-2006, 12:24 AM
please please please let roger reach the final....

really want to see nadal vs federer.....

it takes two to tango, nadal hasn't got there yet

Golfnduck
03-02-2006, 12:27 AM
Wow, Roger, you better step it up. All the top players are slipping a little this year.

A_Skywalker
03-02-2006, 06:02 AM
it takes two to tango, nadal hasn't got there yet

so roger doesnt too

Oriental_Rain
03-02-2006, 07:40 AM
DONT HATE ROGER JUST CAUSE HE BEATS YOUR FAVE PLAYERS

its.like.that
03-03-2006, 02:38 AM
Jimbo, I thought we were pals but you are hurting my feelings by rooting against NNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIINNNNNNJJJJJJAAAAAAA

Yes, we can all jump on bandwagons.

I thought it was time to start a new one.

its.like.that
03-03-2006, 02:52 AM
DONT HATE ROGER JUST CAUSE HE BEATS YOUR FAVE PLAYERS

Yes, Al Ghareeb is my all time favourite player.