Bob Bryan [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Bob Bryan

Grenouille
03-01-2006, 08:49 AM
He had to play singles in Las Vegas but he withdrew. Does anyone know why? :confused:

Trivial
03-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Yes, he picked up an injury in his last tournament. Quote from Mardy Fish's blog: ( http://www.atptennis.com/en/blog/fish.asp )

"James and I were very disappointed tonight not to be able to play the men’s doubles semifinal against the Bryan brothers. We went to the basketball game with them last night and I had no idea Bob was hurt. Today we were in the locker room shortly before six o’clock and their coach David Macpherson walked by and said Bob’s shoulder was hurt and that they wouldn’t be able to play. I walked back to the small training room and chatted with Bob and Mike, telling them that I hoped it wasn’t too serious.

Bob said his shoulder was bothering him and he couldn’t really lift it. Unfortunately the injury has come at a bad time for him as he has a wild card into the main draw of singles in Vegas next week. Hopefully it will come right and he can still play. "

Obviously it hast come right so...

Deboogle!.
03-01-2006, 02:50 PM
TTC interviewed them yesterday from Vegas at a signing.. Bob said he strained his shoulder and that it was ok just sore (so thankfully not a big injury concern). He said he wanted to be fresh for doubles and that singles would mean a lot more serving for his shoulder. The way he put it was.... I know this is opposite from most players but for us, Doubles pays the meal ticket.

So yeah.