Pete looks so old... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Pete looks so old...

Jordanjames
03-01-2006, 06:59 AM
Pete clearly is losing his hair..he has millions of dollars..why doesn't he use rogaine or something..There are products on the market to deal with male baldness..and its sad the guy is losing his hair and doing nothing about it..It just makes him look so much older...But i guess he's happy with the baldness..he's not doing anything about it...At least when Andre got bald he shaved his head..and I think Andre looks better with the shaved head..then trying to comb over the hair like Sampras...does...

Allez
03-01-2006, 07:03 AM
perhaps he doesn't care about his looks as much as you do ? Nothing sad with going bald unless your whole life revolves around how your body looks...

robinhood
03-01-2006, 07:22 AM
He's been losing hair since I don't know when.
If he has not done anything about it by now, he clearly doesn't care.

helen phillips
03-01-2006, 07:23 AM
perhaps he doesn't care about his looks as much as you do ? Nothing sad with going bald unless your whole life revolves around how your body looks...

Reality is that weird wispy psuedo comb over is not working out. Considering his body I think we can safely conclude his whole life doesn't revolve around how it looks.

Allez
03-01-2006, 07:39 AM
Reality is that weird wispy psuedo comb over is not working out. Considering his body I think we can safely conclude his whole life doesn't revolve around how it looks.

Oh dear, I've had a look at at it and it doesn't look good...but hardly sad.

Devotee
03-01-2006, 10:31 AM
Oh dear, I've had a look at at it and it doesn't look good...but hardly sad.

Does anyone have a link to a recent photo of Pete looking fat & baldish?
I haven't seen such a photo yet.

Experimentee
03-01-2006, 12:06 PM
Losing hair and looking older is just a part of life. He's probably comfortable with it and doesnt care, so why try to cover it up?

Horatio Caine
03-01-2006, 12:34 PM
I must admit that Pete didn't look well really...looked very tired and worn. :shrug: Hope he is okay.

Ghis
03-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Does anyone have a link to a recent photo of Pete looking fat & baldish?
I haven't seen such a photo yet.
Yes, could someone post a link, please?

RogiFan88
03-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Well... he IS over 30 and that to most posters here is positively ANCIENT. [AA is looking equally ancient]

Jordanjames
03-01-2006, 01:59 PM
In life terms Sampras is actually young he's only 34 its just so surprising he let himself go like that. Andre is 35 soon to be 36 and he looks amazing. Andre is very fit, and I love his shaved head...its just a real sexy look on Andre...with his chisled body...

cc2monac
03-01-2006, 02:01 PM
pete doesn't look old...he is more awesome than ever!

Hagar
03-01-2006, 02:02 PM
What is wrong with a man going bald? It's part of growing older. It never bothers me that a man is losing his hair. If someone has a nice face, he will look good whether he is bald or not.

R.Federer
03-01-2006, 02:02 PM
You guys must be sooooo young..... to hear that "Pete is old" makes me also feel like an old woman, I'm in his generation

Jordanjames
03-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Its nice to see that Boris Becker didn't let his body go or his looks after his tennis career ended. Boris is sexy as ever and still in amazing shape....I

R.Federer
03-01-2006, 02:11 PM
I suspected Pete was heading this way when I saw his father at Wimbledon 2002, and saw the baldness pattern. But it looks alright, he is growing older naturally, not with fake hair extension and such things

Devotee
03-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Its nice to see that Boris Becker didn't let his body go or his looks after his tennis career ended. Boris is sexy as ever and still in amazing shape....I

:yeah:

fedpras
03-01-2006, 03:37 PM
I suspected Pete was heading this way when I saw his father at Wimbledon 2002, and saw the baldness pattern. But it looks alright, he is growing older naturally, not with fake hair extension and such things

:yeah:

He's losing his hair, he gained some weight. That happens when people get older (just wait a few years and a lot of you will find out :lol: ). He's better off just accepting that he's going bald than trying to grow his hair back with rogaine or getting hair extensions or something nasty like that.

NYCtennisfan
03-01-2006, 04:17 PM
Pete was looking old arund the 1999 or 2000 season. Bags under his eyes, losing the hair, but he's comfortable with it. To the original poster, if someone feels comfortable with who they are, little things aren't going to matter to them. It's only a matter of time before this happens to anyone and Sampras has apparently come to terms with it earlier than most.

Federerthebest
03-01-2006, 04:44 PM
who cares

he's married to a hollywood actress, has a family and is a multi-millionaire. i doubt he cares overly much that he looks older, and he was a professional athlete for so long that he should now be entitled to let himself go a little

AgassiDomination
03-01-2006, 06:18 PM
I don't wanna lose my hair :scared:

PamV
03-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Didn't Agassi begin losing his hair much earlier than Pete? In fact Agassi was probably already getting a receeding hairline when his hair was still long. He was completely bald on top around 1995.

So what is the big surprise about Pete losing his hair? His father is bald. Men don't have control over losing their hair, it's genetic.

blosson
03-01-2006, 06:50 PM
Any pictures please?

binkygirl
03-01-2006, 07:28 PM

Boris is more vain and had an eye lift. I don't like how he looks now.

binkygirl
03-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Didn't Agassi begin losing his hair much earlier than Pete? In fact Agassi was probably already getting a receeding hairline when his hair was still long. He was completely bald on top around 1995.

So what is the big surprise about Pete losing his hair? His father is bald. Men don't have control over losing their hair, it's genetic.

Andre started losing his hair in the early 90s. In 93-94, it started becoming really noticeable. If you look at 1994 US Open photos, his receding hairline is very apparent.

thrust
03-01-2006, 11:17 PM
Pete has had a blood disorder his whole life which, perhaps, is the primary reason he retired when he did. People with blood disorders tend not to have the same energy level than those who do not have such a disorder. Perhaps Pete is just not as vain as the author of this thread.

dylan24
03-01-2006, 11:21 PM
pete's wife is bridgette wilson sampras
enough said.
she is hot

angiel
03-01-2006, 11:44 PM

Oh man, you must really love or hate Pete, which one is it my dear, tell you what helen phillips, I will take him anytime, bald or not, okay, we are so vain, there is not a lot about us, is there. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Jordanjames
03-02-2006, 12:34 AM
Sampras wife is hardly a Hollywood actress no offense but she's not even really known in Hollywood. She's done a few bit parts in movies..but that's it.

redsox1133
03-02-2006, 12:40 AM
PICTURES?

angiel
03-02-2006, 12:54 AM
Sampras wife is hardly a Hollywood actress no offense but she's not even really known in Hollywood. She's done a few bit parts in movies..but that's it.

How would you know, do you live in Hollywood or california, are you living in this country - she's more well known than you think - and she has done more than a few bits parts my friend, maybe you need to go see some of her movies. :wavey: :wavey:

She is a very gorgeous young woman, my dear. :worship:

Jordanjames
03-02-2006, 02:02 AM
Sampras wife is no Resse Witherspoon or Nicole Kidman she isn't a headlining actress in big movies..nor is she a quality actress such as Charlize Theron...She's famous for having a famous husband....

jacobhiggins
03-02-2006, 02:09 AM
You are DEAD WRONG ..................she's famous for Billy Madison :cool:

Corey Feldman
03-02-2006, 02:15 AM
I miss Pete, the great man ..
even though alot of him still lives on in Federer :p

dylan24
03-02-2006, 02:46 AM
BWS is a MILF

helen phillips
03-02-2006, 05:34 AM
I miss Pete, the great man ..
even though alot of him still lives on in Federer :p

Yeah I miss him in the same way I miss Chinese water torture - which probably does not feel a whole lot different than watching Pete serve and serve and, well, serve. Roger's engaging and multi-faceted DNA wouldn't be caught dead talking to Pete's super dull DNA never mind living with it.

Mimi
03-02-2006, 06:27 AM
old or not, bald or not, i still love pete :worship: :devil: :p

Devotee
03-02-2006, 06:29 AM
still no link to photo?

angiel
03-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Sampras wife is no Resse Witherspoon or Nicole Kidman she isn't a headlining actress in big movies..nor is she a quality actress such as Charlize Theron...She's famous for having a famous husband....

Stop speaking nonsense my dear friend, do you think is only Resse, Kidman or Theron are famous in Hollywood, see how much you know about showbiz, did you know that Ms. wilson was Miss Teen USA in 1990 and that was just her start.

There are a lot of famous people in hollywood you have never hear about, get real will you. :rolleyes: :wavey:

angiel
03-02-2006, 09:54 PM
Yeah I miss him in the same way I miss Chinese water torture - which probably does not feel a whole lot different than watching Pete serve and serve and, well, serve. Roger's engaging and multi-faceted DNA wouldn't be caught dead talking to Pete's super dull DNA never mind living with it.

You really have a hugh chip on your shoulder my friend, what is it? :confused: :( :rolleyes:

PamV
03-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Andre started losing his hair in the early 90s. In 93-94, it started becoming really noticeable. If you look at 1994 US Open photos, his receding hairline is very apparent.

Blake is another guy who lost his hair young. So why would people take note of Pete's near baldness now? It's not surprising and he's in his 30's when the pattern baldness usually shows up. It's more surprising when a guy loses his hair in his early 20's.

PamV
03-02-2006, 10:15 PM
How would you know, do you live in Hollywood or california, are you living in this country - she's more well known than you think - and she has done more than a few bits parts my friend, maybe you need to go see some of her movies. :wavey: :wavey:

She is a very gorgeous young woman, my dear. :worship:

Sampras' wife was in the movie "The Wedding Planner". She's been in a lot of made for TV movies on the LifeTime Channel. At this point she doesn't need to earn money for a living so who cares if she acts or not any more? I think it's much better for Pete if she puts family first.

wipeout
03-02-2006, 10:34 PM
Some people just look like they age faster or slower than others. You get lots of people in their 30s who look 10 years younger or 10 years older than they are.

Godiva
03-03-2006, 01:29 AM
Andre has the face of a forty five year old. maybe it's because he's so pale.

helen phillips
03-03-2006, 06:23 AM
Sampras' wife was in the movie "The Wedding Planner". She's been in a lot of made for TV movies on the LifeTime Channel. At this point she doesn't need to earn money for a living so who cares if she acts or not any more? I think it's much better for Pete if she puts family first.

Appearing in a movie is a little different than acting in one. I'm note sure you can call what Bridgette Wilson does acting.

Did we just go back in time? Yeah she should really do whatever Pete tells her to do - it's love, honor, and obey right? He's got nothing but time let him put the family first.

helen phillips
03-03-2006, 06:26 AM
Andre has the face of a forty five year old. maybe it's because he's so pale.

What aging tennis player doesn't? You spend a signficant part of your life chasing a ball around in the sun your probably going to sustain some sun damage.

helen phillips
03-03-2006, 06:30 AM
Blake is another guy who lost his hair young. So why would people take note of Pete's near baldness now? It's not surprising and he's in his 30's when the pattern baldness usually shows up. It's more surprising when a guy loses his hair in his early 20's.

It isn't that Pete is going bald it's that he's got the sam hairdo he had back when he had a full head of hair. It's like he thinks no one will notice.

*Ljubica*
03-03-2006, 01:04 PM
What a strange thread that I have only just caught up with :confused: Maybe it's because I am over 30 myself (and the thread starter seems considerably younger!) - but what is the problem with Pete going bald :confused: and why the hell should he use some kind of hair restorer if he doesn't want to? Looks are not everything in life - I was never particularly a Sampras fan - but kudos to him that he had a successful career, is a millionaire many times over, and now seems to be happily married to a beautiful woman with two healthy children. The most important thing in life is the good health of yourself and your loved ones, - Pete is lucky to have that, and obviously feels totally comfortable with himself and his appearance without the need to bow down to some daft, youth-obsessed culture of trying to make himself look younger than he actually is. Good Luck to him and his family.

Lee
03-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Great post Rosie :yeah:

Lee
03-03-2006, 01:22 PM
I have been waiting for someone come up with why Pete lost his hair as it's tennis related but none. :shrug:

In 1998, he was under great pressure to maintain yearend #1 for 6 consecutive years. The stress caused his massive hair loss during the 1998 singles championship.

Godiva
03-03-2006, 02:23 PM
What aging tennis player doesn't? You spend a signficant part of your life chasing a ball around in the sun your probably going to sustain some sun damage.

I never said that it was wrong or unusual. I was merely making an observation. Some people age faster than others based on different factors. Being pale and being continuously exposed to the sun are two factors. :shrug:

Godiva
03-03-2006, 02:26 PM
I have been waiting for someone come up with why Pete lost his hair as it's tennis related but none. :shrug:

In 1998, he was under great pressure to maintain yearend #1 for 6 consecutive years. The stress caused his massive hair loss during the 1998 singles championship.

Unfortunately, I wasn't following tennis in '98 so I could be wrong, but I beleive I heard that Rios' success around that time was a tad stressful for Sampras and could have contributed to the hair loss.

Godiva
03-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Unfortunately, I wasn't following tennis in '98 so I could be wrong, but I beleive I heard that Rios' success around that time was a tad stressful for Sampras and could have contributed to the hair loss.

If it's true its quite hilarious :lol:

DhammaTiger
03-03-2006, 06:31 PM
What a strange thread that I have only just caught up with :confused: Maybe it's because I am over 30 myself (and the thread starter seems considerably younger!) - but what is the problem with Pete going bald :confused: and why the hell should he use some kind of hair restorer if he doesn't want to? Looks are not everything in life - I was never particularly a Sampras fan - but kudos to him that he had a successful career, is a millionaire many times over, and now seems to be happily married to a beautiful woman with two healthy children. The most important thing in life is the good health of yourself and your loved ones, - Pete is lucky to have that, and obviously feels totally comfortable with himself and his appearance without the need to bow down to some daft, youth-obsessed culture of trying to make himself look younger than he actually is. Good Luck to him and his family.
Well said, brilliant as usual Rosie :smooch: :yeah: I wish I could good rep you, but the machine said I couldn't.

ae wowww
03-03-2006, 09:13 PM
A Eurosport commentator for the San Jose doubles final said Jim looked older than McEnroe :lol:

Then again, I dread to think what the commentator probably looks like. A pale, skinny brit, I imagine!

angiel
03-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Appearing in a movie is a little different than acting in one. I'm note sure you can call what Bridgette Wilson does acting.

Did we just go back in time? Yeah she should really do whatever Pete tells her to do - it's love, honor, and obey right? He's got nothing but time let him put the family first.

You are really a damm fool helen phillips, listen to yourself for a minute, it seen like everything about Pete upsets you, what is really your problems with him - and for your information, Bridgette Wilson just dont appear in movie, she is an actor, and you tell me, which actor doesn't appear in a movie, you are really stupid my friend, you talk nonsense at times, sorry. :sad: :sad:

czech1rep
03-04-2006, 08:12 PM
can someone post some pictures? I was looking for but didn´t find anything new :rolleyes:

ae wowww
03-04-2006, 08:26 PM
You are really a damm fool helen phillips, listen to yourself for a minute, it seen like everything about Pete upsets you, what is really your problems with him - and for your information, Bridgette Wilson just dont appear in movie, she is an actor, and you tell me, which actor doesn't appear in a movie, you are really stupid my friend, you talk nonsense at times, sorry. :sad: :sad:

Agreed, helen phillips seems to slop around the board posting bullshit. I might one day just get on a plane to Canada and mess her up :D

Pete is a legend. Any photos of this supposed unnatural ageing process?

angiel
03-04-2006, 09:41 PM
Agreed, helen phillips seems to slop around the board posting bullshit. I might one day just get on a plane to Canada and mess her up :D

Pete is a legend. Any photos of this supposed unnatural ageing process?

Maybe she can supply some to us, she seen to have a big problem with him, Jesus. :eek: :sad: :wavey:

angiel
03-04-2006, 09:44 PM
Here is a fairly recent one of him.

http://www.sport1.at/coremedia/pics/31/27/08/4x175x220x1,property=original.jpg

One more.......

http://www.cyberbaal.com/randomville/eric/blog/pics/ThmIMG_6568.jpg

AgassiDomination
03-04-2006, 09:46 PM
He looks older than McEnroe. :rolleyes:

ae wowww
03-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Pete looks good IMO, certainly no less hair than before :D?

angiel
03-04-2006, 09:49 PM
This photo was take last year, with actress Sharon Stone.

http://www.ksta.de/ks/images/mdsBild/1127824122350l.jpg

AgassiDomination
03-04-2006, 09:50 PM
That is one big-ass forhead. :lol:

Lleytonisthebest
03-04-2006, 09:55 PM
what an emotion it is to see him again! he was a so great champion i hope he enjoys his new life he deserves it

blosson
03-04-2006, 10:32 PM
Well, at least he still has plenty of chest hair :lol:

LeeHesh
03-04-2006, 11:30 PM

You make do with the talents you're given. Roger doesn't have Sampras' serve, so he HAS to have a greater all round game.

I hated Pete when he was world no.1 because of his domination. Sort of like Schumacher. i gues Great Men have to be gone to be admired.

BeerMe
03-04-2006, 11:41 PM
He had bad...expirience with George Maikel ( both are Greek's origin) in the park! according to "Flying Saucer Review"

azinna
03-04-2006, 11:49 PM
Pete looks fine, actually. Rather good. And certainly no worse than several of my friends in their mid-30s.

czech1rep
03-05-2006, 07:30 AM
Well, at least he still has plenty of chest hair :lol:

:D :devil:

westlondon
03-05-2006, 10:14 AM
what a boring thread

a man in his mid thirties loses his hair

yawn.

Saturn66
03-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Looks pretty fine to me.

helen phillips
03-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Agreed, helen phillips seems to slop around the board posting bullshit.

How does that differentiate me from anybody else on MTF including you?

I might one day just get on a plane to Canada and mess her up :D

Bring it on!

amierin
03-05-2006, 01:50 PM
He looks like Pete Sampras to me. He doesn't look old, he looks like a man in his mid thirties. Recent pictures of Andre are a different matter. He looks old for a man in his thirties.
I didn't know George Michael was of Greek origin until his latest brush with the law.

BelgianWaffle
03-05-2006, 02:33 PM
You guys call that bad? :rolleyes:
He looks normal. :shrug:

ae wowww
03-05-2006, 02:34 PM
How does that differentiate me from anybody else on MTF including you?

Errrrrrrr it differentiates because you do, and I don't? :banghead:

:lol:

wipeout
03-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Pete's looking okay. Hair's thinned a bit but nothing drastic.

Poor Todd Martin seemed to age at about twice normal speed.

ChloeLove
03-05-2006, 11:33 PM
He looks fine! But I think he should go bare like Agassi! :P

angiel
03-07-2006, 12:22 AM
He looks fine! But I think he should go bare like Agassi! :P

Why? :confused: :( :rolleyes:

angiel
03-07-2006, 12:25 AM
Looks pretty fine to me.

Thank you my friend. ;) :wavey: :D One for helen phillips. :mad: :mad:

ChloeLove
03-07-2006, 12:35 AM
Why? :confused: :( :rolleyes:

Well, when you get to the point when your hairline has receeded half way up your scalp, I think it might look cooler bald. I don't know if it would work for Pete the same way it works for Agassi, but I always thought the bold look was kinda cool :lol: It was somewhat of a joke...