Whose fans would you like to have? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Whose fans would you like to have?

Velvetcat
03-01-2006, 04:54 AM
If you were a pro player, whose fans would you like to be your fans?

Merton
03-01-2006, 05:58 AM
How do you differentiate among the fan bases?

lau
03-01-2006, 06:11 AM
IMO, there are all kind of fans in all those fan bases... And I wouldn´t judge the different fan bases from what happends in MTF, for example.
BTW, the idea of having fans is hilarious :lol:

bokehlicious
03-01-2006, 08:06 AM
Fedtard powa :rocker2:

:angel:

Kristen
03-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Someone outside the top ten. Fans who stick by their player through thick and thin, good haircuts and bad, etc. (If I had to choose a player of this list, it would be Safin.)

Grenouille
03-01-2006, 08:48 AM
good question. i don't know.

Federerthebest
03-01-2006, 08:48 AM
federer fans, because they're a superior race of beings than the other player's fnas :)

Ferrero Forever
03-01-2006, 08:51 AM
The Spanish Armada fans, they're so loyal to their players, and they seem to be great people

Kristen
03-01-2006, 09:22 AM
federer fans, because they're a superior race of beings than the other player's fnas :)
According to...Federer fans? ;) I'm kidding. I'm not going to put you all into stereotypes. Although that would be fun! :tape:

Natasha250688
03-01-2006, 09:57 AM
Baghdatis' fans! :crazy: Those Cypriots and Greek rockkkk!! :rocker:

partygirl
03-01-2006, 10:13 AM
being a roddick fan i would say i would like to have his fans too, but they can be rather LOUD:haha:

but fed's too maybe.

okay id like the combination of both...more for me- id be so popular.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-01-2006, 10:22 AM
Ivan/Kiwi/Roddick or anyone's fan who can mainly focus on "my game" and give me a straightforward criticism. :rocker2:

~EMiLiTA~
03-01-2006, 10:34 AM
someone who has genuine fans who can support them (and not only when they're doing well), but who can also give constructive criticism when it is necessary, ie. not afraid of saying negative things about their player if it is warranted...not obsessives who put their player on a pedestal and think they are God.

also fans who have knowledge about tennis and not just the superficial side of things

The Pro
03-01-2006, 11:42 AM
I'm a Nadal fan, but I wouldn't want his fans. They tend to be a bit 'omg he's so kute!!!!!!!! jejeje'

But then, maybe other player's fans are like that too, I just don't go to their message boards? :confused:

Agassi fans are mainstreamers in my opinion. If I ask anyone who's not really into tennis but has a passing interest who their favourite is, they say Agassi. It's like "Who's you're favourite football team?" - "Man UTD". Right. (That's my follow up question obviously).

Safin fans seem to put an emphasis on having class, but then their perception of class and charisma is based on a smug russian underachiever :devil:

Not Hewitt fans certainly, they're all MAD

So Federer fans it is then, as they like quality, manners, dignity and all the other things that Fed has that he happens to just ooze during press conferences. Maybe that's why they're all such fanatics...

AgassiDomination
03-01-2006, 05:11 PM
I would like to have Roddick fans, because some of them are sexy ;)

Mistaflava
03-01-2006, 05:17 PM
I would like to have Roddick fans, because some of them are sexy ;)

dude...I had no idea...that's nasty bro

shotgun
03-01-2006, 05:30 PM

:haha: :haha:

madmanfool
03-01-2006, 05:58 PM
Baghdatis fans off course! Or Ivanisevic's fans, the way those few supported him in the Wimbledon final against Rafter was great. They were making more noice than all those Australians.

NicoFan
03-01-2006, 10:34 PM
The Spanish Armada fans, they're so loyal to their players, and they seem to be great people

:yeah:

Definitely especially here on MTF.

Very loyal through the good and bad, aren't overly critical, and have a lot of fun. They really stick with each other and don't bash.

chicky841
03-02-2006, 12:06 AM
From the list I would chose Marat. But generally, fans of players that arent as well known, or as popular. Its too easy to join on a well known players bandwagon.

gogo_guga
03-02-2006, 03:03 AM
The BRAZILIAN FANS are the best!!! Super loyal, and super emotional, and super loud!!! So, if I were a player, I'd like to have Guga's fans!!!!

njnetswill
03-02-2006, 03:14 AM
Gasquet's fans. :p

savesthedizzle
03-02-2006, 04:29 AM

Definitely especially here on MTF.

Very loyal through the good and bad, aren't overly critical, and have a lot of fun. They really stick with each other and don't bash.

:yeah: Very very true. The Armada fans are the first people I talked to when I joined MTF and they really helped me get in my comfort zone... definitely all really great people.

Action Jackson
03-02-2006, 04:33 AM
All the ones that jump on bandwagons and get hysterical when their favourite player loses a match.

helen phillips
03-02-2006, 04:53 AM
All the ones that jump on bandwagons and get hysterical when their favourite player loses a match.

Good news is the rest of us won't have to rent a room for fan club meetings anymore we'll just use the phone booth on the corner. Bad news: you show up for a meet and greet and you won't get out alive.

robrulz5
03-02-2006, 04:59 AM
I don't know who's fans I would want.

Roddick's fans are too original with their chants.

Hewitt's fans are just complete assholes. They seem to think every Australian must support him or they are "Un-Australian."

For people who don't know there is a big divide with Hewitt in Australia, you either support him or can't stand him.

*Ljubica*
03-02-2006, 05:33 AM
Here on MTF - The Spanish Armada and the Marat fans. And in "real life"- anyone who supports their player through the bad times as well as the good, but who isn't obsessional. A real turn-off for me are fans who "support" their lower-ranked player so madly that they wish withdrawals on other players so that their player can get into main draws :rolleyes: A few jokey comments are fine, but there are some who take their obsession too far and seem to forget that withdrawals only happen when someone is injured, ill or has severe personal problems - and wishing that on another human being is just sick :devil:

Corinna
03-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Here on MTF - The Spanish Armada and the Marat fans. And in "real life"- anyone who supports their player through the bad times as well as the good, but who isn't obsessional. A real turn-off for me are fans who "support" their lower-ranked player so madly that they wish withdrawals on other players so that their player can get into main draws :rolleyes: A few jokey comments are fine, but there are some who take their obsession too far and seem to forget that withdrawals only happen when someone is injured, ill or has severe personal problems - and wishing that on another human being is just sick :devil:
you're so right - wishing that higher ranked ppl will withdraw is not really okay, but i guess most of those fans just don't realize that that's connected with real problems for that player (injury etc.), i can't really believe that someone really wished that another player gets inured

i'd take the fans of players who had been on top and now aren't playing that great anymore or players that had never been on top or of course player's that had been injured for a long time, because that shows it's not all about success but more the personality, it's easy to support players that are always on top, but harder to stick to a player during hard times and that really shows how serious the support is

KoOlMaNsEaN
03-02-2006, 09:36 PM
Rogers since theyre all very knowledgable

cobalt60
03-02-2006, 09:40 PM
No one. I don't want "fans" as I would prefer friends only. ;)

NicoFan
03-02-2006, 10:43 PM
:yeah: Very very true. The Armada fans are the first people I talked to when I joined MTF and they really helped me get in my comfort zone... definitely all really great people.

Me too! I got to know the people on Fer V's board first here.

They are all nice, and I think one of the reasons is that our very own Lady Carlita is just the best of the best! :yeah:

RogiFan88
03-03-2006, 02:48 AM
If you were a pro player, whose fans would you like to be your fans?

Los Fenaticos! They rock! ;)

savesthedizzle
03-03-2006, 02:50 AM
Me too! I got to know the people on Fer V's board first here.

They are all nice, and I think one of the reasons is that our very own Lady Carlita is just the best of the best! :yeah:

It was the JCF board for me :D

sigmagirl91
03-03-2006, 02:50 AM
I want the fans of a local company called Big Ass Fans. Whew! I need something to keep my place cool for the summer.... ;)

Sparko1030
03-03-2006, 05:59 AM

GonzoFan
03-03-2006, 06:05 AM

:hug: :worship: :yeah:

RogiFan88
03-04-2006, 02:37 AM
It was the JCF board for me :D

Yeah, JCF posters have a good sense of humour (they have to to keep supporting El Mupete)! ;) You're missed there savestheday...

Peoples
03-04-2006, 01:44 PM
I'd like all of the fans to myself of course. Except nasty disgusting doper supporters like Corea/Canas's these NO WAY!

savesthedizzle
03-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Yeah, JCF posters have a good sense of humour (they have to to keep supporting El Mupete)! ;) You're missed there savestheday...

I'll come back, I promise.... someday. I am still supporting him in my heart. :lol:

Corinna
03-04-2006, 04:33 PM
:woohoo: so right :D

cinamoon
03-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Nadal fans! They don't only respect their player they respect other players aswell. And they admit he's not perfect. But fed fans...phewwwww :rolleyes: They would fly to the moon and back to let everyone know they think he's god and be afraid if you don't agree:rolleyes:

CooCooCachoo
03-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Marco Chiudinelli's :angel:

The Chiudi fans I know are all very devoted, but very normal people ;) Supportive, genuine, a little bit crazy, but not obsessed.

mrpotatoman
03-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Maybe someone should do a poll about the fans one wouldn't want following them :lol:
Unless it has been done of course.

jenanun
03-04-2006, 08:27 PM
i choose federer, coz then, I will be GOD......

AgassiDomination
03-12-2006, 04:47 PM
I definetly wouldn't want Agassi fans.... Gigan :unsure: