College Basketball Tuesday (Feb.28) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

College Basketball Tuesday (Feb.28)

Mistaflava
02-28-2006, 10:23 PM
2006 NCAA March Madness Record: 0-0 (+0.00 Units)
2006 Conference Tournaments Record: 0-0 (+0.00 Units)

The Conference Tournaments have arrived the regular season is pretty much done for me. This is the toughest part of the season and it's very hard to predict how some teams will react to playing in games that actually matter now and that actually have their season on the line. In my opinion, the only way to go is with totals but I will more likely than not add some side plays as well. TOTALS IS THE WAY TO GO IN THE POST-SEASON. I have had some big winners in both tournaments in the past and it all starts now.

--------------------------------------

***Horizon League Conference Tournament***
Cleveland State-Detroit 'Over' 127.5 (25 Units)

The funny thing about the Cleveland State Vikings is that they can be the hottest shooting team in the Conference but they can also be the worst shooting team in the Conference. Believe it or not, the Vikings had almost as many wins on the road as they had at home this season and they actually put up 73 points in this very same building on February 2. The Vikings want to win this game badly and end their futility in the Conference tournament. In order to win this game, they are going to have to score almost the same amount of points and hope some of their guys can get hot. The Vikings are making 6.7 three pointers per road game this season which is a few notches above the NCAA average. The Vikings have reached the 60 point mark in three of their last four games and they actually average 67.5 points per game on the road this season. Detroit is decent defensively but they sure know how to score at home, averaging 71.2 points per game this year. They also allow almost 70 points per game and I would be shocked if this one stayed under the number. The 'Over' is an incredible 10-1 at home for Detroit this season and I expect this game to have tons of action and tons of fouls. This seeding pair has a history of playing high-scoring games and this year should be no different. I know neither team is very high scoring in Conference play but these two teams have a long history and Cleveland State has dreams of finally beating Detroit. This might not be the game to do it but both teams will score enough to put this one OVER in the second half. Go Points!

***Ohio Valley Conference Tournament***
***PLAY OF THE DAY***
Samford-Tennessee State 'Over' 123.5 (50 Units)

This one is tough to the naked eye because both meetings this season whent under this number by a very significant margin and what's to say it wouldn't happen all over again? Well let me tell you why this one is going OVER. Back on January 12, Tennesse State came into this building and put up a nasty 48 points. That was then and this is now. That is the same Tennessee State team that is now averaging 71.8 points per game in their last five games and that since that day have hit the 70+ point mark 10 times. There is no doubt in my mind that these two teams can really light up the scoreboard. Samford has been struggling lately with their overall scoring but that should all go away tonight against a Tennessee State team that is allowing 71.3 points per game on the road this season. Samford finished the regular season off with three straight 50-55 point performances but that is not the real Samford team that is averaging 69.8 points per game at home this season. The bulldogs are ranked #16 in FG% in the NCAA, #15 in three point shooting % and #73 in free throw shooting percentage. It's safe to say that these guys know how to score and that Mr. Merritt is due for a big scoring game. Tennessee State lost their start player back in December and have since been led by Kareem Grant who is averaging 16.5 points per game. Grant is an exciting player to watch and for all of those who catch a glimpse of this game tonight, tell me how much this Senior reminds you of Lamar Odom and how much he plays like Lamar Odom...a pure scorer who knows how to handle the ball. I really like Tennesse State to cover the spread but as mentioned before, the post-season is all about totals and the OVER is gonna smash in tonight.

:eek:

Mistaflava
03-01-2006, 03:47 AM
2-0 to start the Madness

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: