Your Favorite 80's artists/bands [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Your Favorite 80's artists/bands

andylover_16
11-27-2003, 06:04 AM
what are you favorite aritsts/bands from the 80's....

some of mine for starters are..

depeche mode, REM, the clash, crowded house, the smiths, U2, the cure, aha:)

so what about everyone else:)

Prophetic
11-27-2003, 07:56 AM
oooooh hard one.
NWA is my flat out favorite. I like Run DMC and the Beastie Boys too...that's all i can really still bear to listen to from the 80's (knows I'm forgetting someone important)

andylover_16
11-27-2003, 04:02 PM
oooooh hard one.
NWA is my flat out favorite. I like Run DMC and the Beastie Boys too...that's all i can really still bear to listen to from the 80's (knows I'm forgetting someone important)

i dont like rap but the beastie boys are okay....yes your forgetting alot...all the ones i said...lol...and i think i forget something...

Prophetic
11-27-2003, 04:31 PM
lmfao...I find all the ones you names to be uh...somewhat boring. I respect the musicianship and all but I just personally can't really bring myself to listen.

*still trying to remember the people I forgot*

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 04:27 AM
lmfao...I find all the ones you names to be uh...somewhat boring. I respect the musicianship and all but I just personally can't really bring myself to listen.

*still trying to remember the people I forgot*

hmm....are you sure your thinking of the right bands...i mean boring...now that statement is a little well kind of twisted...i mean

rap... usually doesnt include playing instruments and the beats are most of the time put together by machines...and some of the artists dont even write their own songs...now

all the artists/bands i mentioned play instruments and write their own music...hmm...yeah they are kind of boring i guess...:scratch:

*i forgot men at work...yes i knew i would remember:)*

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 05:19 AM
hmm....are you sure your thinking of the right bands...i mean boring...now that statement is a little well kind of twisted...i mean

rap... usually doesnt include playing instruments and the beats are most of the time put together by machines...and some of the artists dont even write their own songs...now

all the artists/bands i mentioned play instruments and write their own music...hmm...yeah they are kind of boring i guess...:scratch:

*i forgot men at work...yes i knew i would remember:)*

First off...just because someone writes a song themselves doesn't mean that I can tolerate hearing it, lmao. That aside...

DAYUM

Any artist who doesn't write their own songs does not get my respect. Half the battle in hip hop is getting the damn song written in the first place. The rules are totally different from traditional songwriting and I can tell you from lots of experience that it's actually twice as hard. Not only are there dozens of technical elements to a rap song that the average listener doesn't stop to consider but there are as many syllables in a single verse in rap as there are in an entire song from most any other genre. As far as I'm concerned, I don't give a shit if they play an instument or not because I know how hard this shit is. Once you get past the song writing there's the challenge of learning to actually rap...and no, it's not just talking fast. Just as in singing you gotta be on key and be able to execute a melody. That said, most artists do know how to play an instument or two...or five. They have to in order to write their songs. Personally you'll never see me pick up an instrument in a live show but that doesn't change the fact that I know how to play five instruments quite well and three others at a more basic level.

ahem....i think i'm done for now but I could go into the technical songwriting stuff I was talking about for about another 3 pages worth.

Leo
11-28-2003, 05:22 AM
Dire Straits, U2, REM, and, erm, Boy George :D

The 80's rock! :bounce: I must admit that I am addicted to the "I love the 80's" show on VH1. I watched the entire marathon today, for, like, the 10th time. :D

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 06:28 AM
ahem....i think i'm done for now but I could go into the technical songwriting stuff I was talking about for about another 3 pages worth.

dont let me stop you dear:bigwave:

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 06:30 AM
Dire Straits, U2, REM, and, erm, Boy George :D

The 80's rock! :bounce: I must admit that I am addicted to the "I love the 80's" show on VH1. I watched the entire marathon today, for, like, the 10th time. :D

i know dont they:dance:...im addicted too...i have the hungary like the wolf song stuck in my head:p...boy george:)..guitly pleasure leo?...lol

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 06:33 AM
First off...just because someone writes a song themselves doesn't mean that I can tolerate hearing it, lmao. That aside...

DAYUM

Any artist who doesn't write their own songs does not get my respect. Half the battle in hip hop is getting the damn song written in the first place. The rules are totally different from traditional songwriting and I can tell you from lots of experience that it's actually twice as hard. Not only are there dozens of technical elements to a rap song that the average listener doesn't stop to consider but there are as many syllables in a single verse in rap as there are in an entire song from most any other genre. As far as I'm concerned, I don't give a shit if they play an instument or not because I know how hard this shit is. Once you get past the song writing there's the challenge of learning to actually rap...and no, it's not just talking fast. Just as in singing you gotta be on key and be able to execute a melody. That said, most artists do know how to play an instument or two...or five. They have to in order to write their songs. Personally you'll never see me pick up an instrument in a live show but that doesn't change the fact that I know how to play five instruments quite well and three others at a more basic level.

im sorry LUCIDD...its just to surprising to hear someone calling those artists/bands..well boring...their attention to melodies and lyrics are just mind blowing...and to know it all comes from the band/artist themselves is just great:)

Leo
11-28-2003, 06:45 AM
i know dont they:dance:...im addicted too...i have the hungary like the wolf song stuck in my head:p...boy george:)..guitly pleasure leo?...lol

You could call it that... :D

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 06:48 AM
So is the attention to melody and lyrics in hip hop...it's just different than those bands.

Just to give you an idea...here's the master tutorial list for a forum that I've written for in the past (yes I teach this stuff, lmao)

Audio
Breath Control [Advanced] (StiMutant)
Microphone Presence 101 (Scorpion)
Don't Like Your Voice?(Spart0z[4R])
Beat Riding Part 1(One-Man-Crew)
Beat Riding Part 2(One-Man-Crew)

Battling (General)
Elements to a Successful Battle (E-Quell)
Battling For Dummies (yzeOne)
Long Line Hospital (yzeOne)
True Essence of Battling (Tha Pastor R.Y.)

Freestyling (Live)
5 Freestyling Tips (Johnny Newtron)

General Tutorials
How To Get Lines Shorter (yzeOne)
How To Hear What You're Reading
How To Tell Whether You're Improving (FroshKiller)
Overall Lesson to Beginners (StaticKaos)
What Is Expected of You? (StaticKaos)
The Basics (Chylltyrant)

Punchlines, Metaphors, and Personals (Battle related)
The Art of Diss (Monas)
Personalization (Souliberty)
Punches That Don't Come in a Bowl (yzeOne)
Punchlines 101 (Richard Corey)
Wordplay and Similies (StaticKaos)
One-ups (ntropy)

Rhyme Schemes, Multies, and Flow
Flow 101 (Richard Corey)
Lesson One: Multiple Rhyming for Beginners (Multies) (PJK)
Lesson Two: Multiple Rhyming for Advanced Emcees (Multies) (PJK)
Multis, Multis, Multis! (ToneDef)
Rhyme Scheme (yzeOne)
Rhyme Schemez and Flows...Tongue Twisters (PJK)
Transition!!! (StaticKaos)
From Nob To Pro Type Flow (Trademark)
How To Enhance Your Flow (E-Quell AKA Analyst)
Inner the Dragon (yzeOne)
What's A Multi? How do I do it? Why is it good? (E-Quell)

Topicals, Complexity, and Imagery
Topical Tutorial Part 1: Introduction (shaojin594)
Topical Tutorial Part 2: Staying On Topic (shaojin594)
Topical Tutorial Part 3: Flow and Vocabulary (shaojin594)
Complexity 101 (Scorpion)
"There's Blood on The Wall!" Graphic Imagery Lesson One (PJK)
"Imagine"ry (Lithix)

Wordplay, Vocabulary, and Alliteration
Alliteration 110-01 (Scorpion)
Grammatical Crack (FroshKiller)
Grammatical Crack: Metonymy(FroshKiller)
Playground For Words (yzeOne)
Vocabulary Lesson (StaticKaos)
Proper Punctuation (StaticKaos)

An element of rap that a lot of people don't consider is freestyling...not only do you have to include all those elements and make the story you're telling still make sense and touch people but you gotta do it live, off the top of your head, and with no prior knowledge of the music that will accompany you. A person has to be able to get in front of people and make a song up on the spot. If you're battling you gotta reply to the person that went before you too so it's truly off the top cuz you have no idea going in of what they might say about you.

sorry bout jumping on you but rap gets so little respect sometimes and it's a shame cuz there are some true artists out there

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 08:10 AM
So is the attention to melody and lyrics in hip hop...it's just different than those bands.

Just to give you an idea...here's the master tutorial list for a forum that I've written for in the past (yes I teach this stuff, lmao)

Audio
Breath Control [Advanced] (StiMutant)
Microphone Presence 101 (Scorpion)
Don't Like Your Voice?(Spart0z[4R])
Beat Riding Part 1(One-Man-Crew)
Beat Riding Part 2(One-Man-Crew)

Battling (General)
Elements to a Successful Battle (E-Quell)
Battling For Dummies (yzeOne)
Long Line Hospital (yzeOne)
True Essence of Battling (Tha Pastor R.Y.)

Freestyling (Live)
5 Freestyling Tips (Johnny Newtron)

General Tutorials
How To Get Lines Shorter (yzeOne)
How To Hear What You're Reading
How To Tell Whether You're Improving (FroshKiller)
Overall Lesson to Beginners (StaticKaos)
What Is Expected of You? (StaticKaos)
The Basics (Chylltyrant)

Punchlines, Metaphors, and Personals (Battle related)
The Art of Diss (Monas)
Personalization (Souliberty)
Punches That Don't Come in a Bowl (yzeOne)
Punchlines 101 (Richard Corey)
Wordplay and Similies (StaticKaos)
One-ups (ntropy)

Rhyme Schemes, Multies, and Flow
Flow 101 (Richard Corey)
Lesson One: Multiple Rhyming for Beginners (Multies) (PJK)
Lesson Two: Multiple Rhyming for Advanced Emcees (Multies) (PJK)
Multis, Multis, Multis! (ToneDef)
Rhyme Scheme (yzeOne)
Rhyme Schemez and Flows...Tongue Twisters (PJK)
Transition!!! (StaticKaos)
From Nob To Pro Type Flow (Trademark)
How To Enhance Your Flow (E-Quell AKA Analyst)
Inner the Dragon (yzeOne)
What's A Multi? How do I do it? Why is it good? (E-Quell)

Topicals, Complexity, and Imagery
Topical Tutorial Part 1: Introduction (shaojin594)
Topical Tutorial Part 2: Staying On Topic (shaojin594)
Topical Tutorial Part 3: Flow and Vocabulary (shaojin594)
Complexity 101 (Scorpion)
"There's Blood on The Wall!" Graphic Imagery Lesson One (PJK)
"Imagine"ry (Lithix)

Wordplay, Vocabulary, and Alliteration
Alliteration 110-01 (Scorpion)
Grammatical Crack (FroshKiller)
Grammatical Crack: Metonymy(FroshKiller)
Playground For Words (yzeOne)
Vocabulary Lesson (StaticKaos)
Proper Punctuation (StaticKaos)

An element of rap that a lot of people don't consider is freestyling...not only do you have to include all those elements and make the story you're telling still make sense and touch people but you gotta do it live, off the top of your head, and with no prior knowledge of the music that will accompany you. A person has to be able to get in front of people and make a song up on the spot. If you're battling you gotta reply to the person that went before you too so it's truly off the top cuz you have no idea going in of what they might say about you.

sorry bout jumping on you but rap gets so little respect sometimes and it's a shame cuz there are some true artists out there

ive always thought rap gets to much respect maybe because its the artists like 50cent, Big Tymers, etc. that get so much attention for nothing but their is some good hip-hop like outkast they are awesome..and some of eminems stuff is okay...it just depends...and dont worry i jump on people when they say coldplay is crap or someone that i truly like is bad...expecially when they have no clue what they are talking about because they havent even tried to listen to it:(...but not everyone is like that..and i am NOT like that...

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 08:18 AM
ive always thought rap gets to much respect maybe because its the artists like 50cent, Big Tymers, etc. that get so much attention for nothing but their is some good hip-hop like outkast they are awesome..and some of eminems stuff is okay...it just depends...and dont worry i jump on people when they say coldplay is crap or someone that i truly like is bad...expecially when they have no clue what they are talking about because they havent even tried to listen to it:(...but not everyone is like that..and i am NOT like that...

I agree about 50 Cent...i love the beats in his music and 21 Questions is a sweet song but he's generally over-rated. He's hyped up to be the next Tupac and he's not...not by a long shot. The only similarity is that they both write their lives but that's where it ends.

Coldplay isn't crap...they're just not my thing, lol

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 08:32 AM
I agree about 50 Cent...i love the beats in his music and 21 Questions is a sweet song but he's generally over-rated. He's hyped up to be the next Tupac and he's not...not by a long shot. The only similarity is that they both write their lives but that's where it ends.

Coldplay isn't crap...they're just not my thing, lol

yes i know..tupac isnt bad rap either...but like you i dont think hes crap just not my thing...:)...its like they say...you have to be able to interact with people who have different opinions..but that doesnt mean you have to interact with ignorant people:p...but your not ignorant..i was just saying that...i dont even know what im saying...lol...

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 08:38 AM
lol...glad to hear you say that about Pac cuz i'd be pretty shocked if you thought otherwise, lmao. Pac is one of the greats.

Don't worry, I get what you're saying, lol.

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 08:47 AM
lol...glad to hear you say that about Pac cuz i'd be pretty shocked if you thought otherwise, lmao. Pac is one of the greats.

Don't worry, I get what you're saying, lol.

:) well im listening to this changes song and it sounds pretty good but you know i think ive heard it before:)...not bad..not bad...:clap2:..

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 08:52 AM
:) well im listening to this changes song and it sounds pretty good but you know i think ive heard it before:)...not bad..not bad...:clap2:..

yup, that's a good one. Pac had a good soul and it came through in his lyrics...i could go on about him forever.

his songs just meant a little more

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 09:01 AM
yup, that's a good one. Pac had a good soul and it came through in his lyrics...i could go on about him forever.

his songs just meant a little more

just like i could about coldplay..on on....i think im starting to understand this now:)

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 09:06 AM
lmfao...understand what exactly? The song, Pac, or how on earth I can love rap?

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 09:11 AM
lmfao...understand what exactly? The song, Pac, or how on earth I can love rap?

a little bit of everything:)

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 09:17 AM
lol...cool stuff. *bows down to Pac* I swear I'd love to hear a whole album of Pac and Eminem together...wow

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 09:32 AM
lol...cool stuff. *bows down to Pac* I swear I'd love to hear a whole album of Pac and Eminem together...wow

:)...dont you like talking to a mature someone like myself..lol...see i can talk to people who have different opinions than me or even are just absalutly*coocko*:)..lol

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 09:36 AM
lmfao...you're willing to try...that's the important part. I can't stand it when people hate on rap when they don't know what it's really about. I think that schools need to teach it i swear

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 10:44 AM
lmfao...you're willing to try...that's the important part. I can't stand it when people hate on rap when they don't know what it's really about. I think that schools need to teach it i swear

yes..i mature fast i know:p...actually i would say i used to be the biggest brat and i was so ignorant about a year and a half ago....i just listened to what everyone else liked and i truly had no mind of my own...but.. i know im bringing coldplay up a lot right now but.. they really changed me for the better... i mean im sure i changed myself on my own too but i think they helped..its like that saying discover yourself and dont do it on purpose well its kind of like that..except i havent quite completly done it yet just peices by peices and not intentionaly...i mean their music does everything for me...gets me through a bad day, puts me to sleep, gives me motivation...i just love them...can you tell yet?...lol...but no i dont think the school needs to teach that LUCIDD...lol...but nice try:p....

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 11:30 AM
too late, lmao

A lot of universites already offer courses on hip hop as poetry and a few offer courses on Eminem and Tupac

J. Corwin
11-28-2003, 11:38 AM
C'mon now y'all...group hug lol

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 11:43 AM
C'mon now y'all...group hug lol

i second that..how bout we all agree on something..hmm...brittney spears is overated packaged pop...sorry im just listening to this on vh1 and...well...:unsure:...anyways

group hug:hug::smooch:

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 11:47 AM
i agree on that britney thing but i'm far from ready for a group hug yet

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 11:48 AM
i agree on that britney thing but i'm far from ready for a group hug yet

:crying2:...well hey at least we agree on something...

Sparkz
06-29-2004, 10:08 PM
Duran Duran, Culture Club, Bros, Spandau Ballet, Communards

BaselineSmash
06-30-2004, 12:14 AM
The The, The Fall, Dinosaur Jr, Sonic Youth, Pixies, The Clash, The Replacements, Jesus and Mary Chain, Treat Her Right.

Peta Pan
06-30-2004, 11:55 AM
Ooh this one was pulled up from the rough... 80's music is one of my favourite things.

My favourites are:

Duran Duran
Human League
Spandau Ballet
Madness
Go West
Huey Lewis and the News

sigmagirl91
06-30-2004, 11:59 AM
Run DMC

User ID 4783
06-30-2004, 01:37 PM
My favorite 80's artists are Prince, Michael Jackson, Run DMC, and Whitney Houston

denim
06-30-2004, 10:41 PM
U2 !! who are still going stong in this decade

so many others besides...including softcell, tears for fears & Pet Shop Boys

YoursTruly
06-30-2004, 10:51 PM
I mostly liked the new wave from the 80s, but also some pop/rock

The Cure*
The Clash (also from the 70s though)
The Cars
REM*
AC/DC
Queen
Pet Shop Boys
Bizarre Love Triangle
New Order
Depeche Mode
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
Duran Duran
A Ha (one hit wonder!)
U2*
Huey Lewis & the News
Men Without Hats
Madness
Fishbone
Squeeze
Psychedelic Furs
Pixies*
Sonic Youth*
Devo
Go Gos

*pushed into the 90s and present

denim
07-01-2004, 12:02 AM
BRILLIANT choices !! lend me all your cd's please lmao I promise to give them back :hug:

Corey Feldman
07-01-2004, 12:04 AM
cyndi lauper :lol: i watched the goonies film so many times as a wee bairn that all her songs in that stuck with me lol

denim
07-01-2004, 01:01 AM
Yesssssssss Escude ! she's a class act....I love her version of "i drove all night" and her time after time track :yeah:

Corey Feldman
07-01-2004, 01:08 AM
Cool denim! i like er..........time after time as well!:dance: :lol: and drove all night, i liked that as well, but more when its the big O :)

YoursTruly
07-01-2004, 05:53 AM
cyndi lauper :lol: i watched the goonies film so many times as a wee bairn that all her songs in that stuck with me lol

Oh yeah! I forgot to add on Cyndi Lauper to my list!!! What can I say, the 80s were special!

Aphex
08-20-2004, 08:21 AM
Hehe the 80's music thread. Shame computer trouble kept me out of this site for a couple of months. Almost all my fav artists are from the 80's so I'll bump this thread until I come up with my list.

Kristen
08-20-2004, 08:27 AM
Boy George & The Bangles :) oh-eh-oh
I was born in '82 and oblivious to the fact that BG was actually a MAN! :rolleyes: silly me. I think I'll have to pick David Bowie too, though I only discovered his 80's hits many years later (after obsessing over "Labyrinth").

Aphex
08-20-2004, 08:32 AM
:wavey: BjörkmanGirl
Is Boy George really a man? :devil:

Aphex
08-20-2004, 08:38 AM
Ok, here are some of my favs: David Sylvian, Joy Division/New Order, Kraftwerk, Depeche Mode, The the, a couple of Skinny Puppy albums, first Front 242 album, some DAF, some Nitzer Ebb, Kate Bush, some Eurythmics albums, some Pet Shop Boys songs, some early techno and acid of which I still don't know the name of the artists ;)
And of course German cult-singer Claudia Brücken and also her first band Propaganda.

Kristen
08-20-2004, 08:39 AM
:wavey: BjörkmanGirl
Is Boy George really a man? :devil:

:shrug: Its debatable Aphex! I thought "she" looked so pretty with all the makeup and the funky hat. "Her" hair was gorgeous to me as a little kid! :umbrella: :wavey:

Aphex
08-20-2004, 08:41 AM
My best friend thinks Boy George is almost a genious.
So what do you think of tonight's match between Aus and Swe in women's soccer?

Kristen
08-20-2004, 08:50 AM
My best friend thinks Boy George is almost a genious.
So what do you think of tonight's match between Aus and Swe in women's soccer?

:lol: I didn't even know! On the news today they keep talking about how its Australia vs Greece in 4 events (like hockey, water polo etc...)

I'll cheer for Sweden. We have enough medals for the moment. Sweden will start to catch up when that Kluft/Kleft woman... the decathlon chick.... begins :) BUT, it is nice to see more attention going to our womens soccer team than our mens at the moment :haha: I havent been paying a lot of attention to the Olympics. I've been watching indoor volleyball *Go Russia!*, canoe slalom (SO impressed) and ...table tennis ;) as well as a little gymnastics.

I'm hanging out for some tennis :rolleyes:

Aphex
08-20-2004, 08:56 AM
Yes have there been any spectators at all at the tennis? I only saw some of Moya vs. Enqvist and the only people there were the coaches and Björkman's(!) wife, dad and mum. I think Eurosport will show the SF's and the F. What do you think about that Molik girl by the way. She was pretty superiour in Stockholm last week and she's still going strong. I like her game.
Canoe slalom, eh? Biiig time :lol:
"Indoor" volleyball? Go Cuba girls ;)

Kristen
08-20-2004, 09:06 AM
Not too sure what to make of Alicia Molik. There was an article in this months Australian Tennis Magazine about us losing the Fed Cup to Thailand, and Molik opting 'not to play'. I don't remember if I've seen her play or not (I didnt realise women played tennis ;) )

With canoe slalom (I may have the name wrong!) I was first impressed with this...
http://www.worldclass-canoeing.org.uk/media/images/paulratcliffe.jpg

Then I saw THIS!!!:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/c1slalom/smallc2.jpg Perhaps small things amuse me!? :lol:

Aphex
08-20-2004, 09:08 AM
Well I saw that weird but funny elevator or something they use in the Canoe slalom :lol: thats all I've seen of that discipline.

RonE
08-20-2004, 09:35 AM
U2, Dire Straits, Madonna, Prince, Gloria Estefan, Fleetwood Mac, Peter Gabriel, Sade, George Michael, The Bangles, Toto, Tears For Fears, Samantha Fox and Whitney Houston just to name a few.

Aphex
08-20-2004, 09:37 AM
YES! Sade! I actually like some of U2's mid 80's albums.

RonE
08-20-2004, 09:41 AM
I also wanted to add Simply Red to the list but I forgot :o

Asar
08-20-2004, 10:37 AM
abba

Marc Rosset is Tall
08-20-2004, 10:52 AM
The Specials, Falco, Dead Kennedys, Ratos de Porao (Brazilian band), Joy Division, The Kids (Norwegian band) and the early Clash, The Cure, Bauhaus, Spandau Ballet, Madness, Van Halen (quality cock rock), Gary Numan, The Police, early U2, Split Enz and the Toy Dolls.

SuperFurryAnimal
08-20-2004, 11:12 AM
I like almost all the 80's artists and bands! The 80's are cool! :cool:

Layla
08-20-2004, 11:25 AM
Hey, I thought I was the only one who loves David Sylvian. :lol:

Hmm, that's a tough one, so many I like. Do bands that still exist count?

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Joy Division, David Sylvian, Laurie Anderson, Cocteau Twins, Depeche Mode, Einsturzende Neubauten, Elvis Costello (he spans over many decades), The Cure, Bauhaus, Madness, ...

Marc Rosset is Tall
08-20-2004, 11:31 AM
I forgot Laibach, their version of the Final Countdown was a classic.

There were more classic songs than bands in the 80s, some of the greatest joke songs in that era.

Kristen
08-20-2004, 11:37 AM
Is it Lamahl? You know, the Neverending Story song? I dunno if there were any more songs, but I loved that song! And my Xanadu soundtrack (or was that the 70's!?).

Layla
08-20-2004, 11:45 AM
I forgot Laibach, their version of the Final Countdown was a classic.

There were more classic songs than bands in the 80s, some of the greatest joke songs in that era.

Yeah, funny version. But I never cared much for Laibach and that whole artistic movement they belonged to, NSK.

Haha, the joke songs were the greatest. :lol:

Marc Rosset is Tall
08-20-2004, 11:46 AM
Is it Lamahl? You know, the Neverending Story song? I dunno if there were any more songs, but I loved that song! And my Xanadu soundtrack (or was that the 70's!?).

Yes, the Neverending Story, actually I remember the other track he had with that band with the silly name Kajagoogoo "Too Shy", that was a typical 80s track.

Speaking of 80s, I am listening to Frankie Goes to Hollywood at the moment.

Layla
08-20-2004, 11:47 AM

I don't remember that song, just remember Kajagoogoo and that song "too shy shy", or something like that. In that era, you couldn't get by without seeing his hairdo all over Bravo (and other magazines) every day. Funny times! :lol:

Layla
08-20-2004, 11:48 AM
Yes, the Neverending Story, actually I remember the other track he had with that band with the silly name Kajagoogoo "Too Shy", that was a typical 80s track.

Speaking of 80s, I am listening to Frankie Goes to Hollywood at the moment.

LOL, how's that for synchronicity. :cool:

Marc Rosset is Tall
08-20-2004, 11:52 AM
LOL, how's that for synchronicity. :cool:

A sleep trance, a dream dance
A shared romance
Synchronicity

Sorry, couldn't resist using the lyrics to Synchronicity.

Aphex
08-20-2004, 11:59 AM
Ok Layla since you like the deity David Sylvian I give you my first :kiss: on this board.

Marc Rosset is Tall
08-20-2004, 12:00 PM
Ok Layla since you like the deity David Sylvian I give you my first :kiss: on this board.

My dad is Swedish and mum is Austrian, so did you like Gyllene Tider then?

Aphex
08-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Did? They're still around. They played in front of 55-60000 people in Göteborg recently to cap off their sold-out summer tour and they topped the charts with their first new album in twenty years. I kinda liked them back in the days, that is 82-83 :lol: . A friend of mine is a fanatic. He actually has everything they ever put out on record, including some really early self-financed singles.

Kristen
08-20-2004, 12:10 PM
My dad is Swedish and mum is Austrian, so did you like Gyllene Tider then?

hehe nice combination :yeah: (Prob because Melzer and Bjorkman are my favourite guys and I think they look quite nice!) :topic:

I only know that 'too shy shy' song from an ad on tv where they advertise 80's compilation cd's :cool: ... "Hungry like the wolf" "Love is a battlefield" etc, *sigh*

Marc Rosset is Tall
08-20-2004, 12:13 PM
Did? They're still around. They played in front of 55-60000 people in Göteborg recently to cap off their sold-out summer tour and they topped the charts with their first new album in twenty years. I kinda liked them back in the days, that is 82-83 :lol: . A friend of mine is a fanatic. He actually has everything they ever put out on record, including some really early self-financed singles.

So, it wasn't just a farewell tour then? I didn't think Gessle needed the money that much?

I have to admit I still play Gå och fiska a bit too much these days, then again no matter how many years I spent out of Sweden, whenever I went back and went out, I was always guaranteed to hear Sommartider, hej, hej sommartider.

Aphex
08-20-2004, 12:20 PM
:haha: Sommartider hej hej . My fanatic friend has actually more or less forced me to watch Roxette, Gyllene Tider and Per Gessle solo live by buying me tickets, so I more or less detest most of his songs. ;) I'm ungrateful, I know

Layla
08-20-2004, 12:22 PM

Awww, thank you! :kiss: I'm honoured. ;)

Aphex
08-20-2004, 12:23 PM
So, it wasn't just a farewell tour then? I didn't think Gessle needed the money that much.
No he doesn't need the money, but with Marie Fredriksson ill, he needs to do something to feed his ego, when he can't go on Roxette tours to Germany, China and Latin America.

Aphex
08-20-2004, 12:25 PM
Awww, thank you! :kiss: I'm honoured. ;)
:D ;)
So have you heard his latest album 'Blemish'? And if so what do you think?

Marc Rosset is Tall
08-20-2004, 12:25 PM
:haha: Sommartider hej hej . My fanatic friend has actually more or less forced me to watch Roxette, Gyllene Tider and Per Gessle solo live by buying me tickets, so I more or less detest most of his songs. ;) I'm ungrateful, I know

That must be hard for sure, I used to share a room with my brother and he loved putting certain songs on repeat all the time for about 2 weeks, then he would get sick of the same track.

One of our friends always had Magnus Uggla playing and that's hard work.

Layla
08-20-2004, 12:40 PM
:D ;)
So have you heard his latest album 'Blemish'? And if so what do you think?

No, I haven't. I'll try to look for it (not as easy as it sounds). Is it good?

Aphex
08-20-2004, 12:47 PM
No, I haven't. I'll try to look for it (not as easy as it sounds). Is it good? Errm... no :confused: It sounds like nothing he's ever done before. Very, very experimental. Only guitar and electronic noises, no drums, not very melodic, at least to my ears. I've had it for more than a year but I still haven't been able to get into it. I've actually only been able to listen through the whole album a couple of times. It's that different IMO.

Aphex
08-20-2004, 12:48 PM
Have you tried SoulSeek for downloading? I got everything I didn't have from it. Mostly B-sides, unreleased and live-stuff. I think his regular releases are easier to get.

Aphex
08-20-2004, 12:51 PM
That must be hard for sure, I used to share a room with my brother and he loved putting certain songs on repeat all the time for about 2 weeks, then he would get sick of the same track.

One of our friends always had Magnus Uggla playing and that's hard work. Magnus Uggla :eek: . So what did you do to your friend? Took him out of his misery? ;) :p

Marc Rosset is Tall
08-20-2004, 12:55 PM
Magnus Uggla :eek: . So what did you do to your friend? Took him out of his misery? ;) :p

I got him back, he never liked the Pogues, so there is an Austrian version of the Pogues, a punk/folk hybrid and I made him listen to Attwenger and that got him agitated, then again the beer is cheaper in Austria, so that shut him up for a while.

Layla
08-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Errm... no :confused: It sounds like nothing he's ever done before. Very, very experimental. Only guitar and electronic noises, no drums, not very melodic, at least to my ears. I've had it for more than a year but I still haven't been able to get into it. I've actually only been able to listen through the whole album a couple of times. It's that different IMO.

Ouch! What a change of direction from Dead bees on a cake then. The rhythms on that album were intoxicating. I might still like it though, so I'll give it a shot. A year is a looooong time to get into an album. It's probably time to give up. ;)

I haven't tried SoulSeek yet, no. I usually use Kazaa Light, but for some artists I really want to have the originals, because the sound quality is so much better. I'll get back to you once I get my hands on that album. :)

*Ljubica*
08-20-2004, 01:02 PM
I was a teenager in the 80's and most of the music is still among my favourites now :)

A-ha
Howard Jones
Alison Moyet
Carol Decker and T'Pau
The Pogues

and there are many, many more :)

Aphex
08-20-2004, 01:03 PM
You probably could get Blemish on Kazaa lite. Just go to his homepage and check out what the songs are called. Then download some songs to see what you think.

Aphex
08-20-2004, 01:08 PM
I got him back, he never liked the Pogues, so there is an Austrian version of the Pogues, a punk/folk hybrid and I made him listen to Attwenger and that got him agitated, then again the beer is cheaper in Austria, so that shut him up for a while. Hehe, Pogue Mahone, wasn't that their original name, and didn't that mean 'Kiss my a**' in Irish. Suited him right.

Aphex
08-20-2004, 01:09 PM
I was a teenager in the 80's and most of the music is still among my favourites now :)

A-ha
Howard Jones
Alison Moyet
Carol Decker and T'Pau
The Pogues

and there are many, many more :)
:wavey: Rosie.
Yeah, what happend to Howard Jones?
A-ha is still around I think.
Yazoo was a great band.
But T'Pau :eek:

Marc Rosset is Tall
08-20-2004, 01:10 PM
Hehe, Pogue Mahone, wasn't that their original name, and didn't that mean 'Kiss my a**' in Irish. Suited him right.

Correct, and it got him in the end.

My favourite name for a band is Rövsvett, an anarchic punk band.

Rosie, I remember Howard Jones with that great hairstyle and yes I used to play " Liked to Get to Know you Well" to death.

*Ljubica*
08-20-2004, 01:17 PM
:wavey: Rosie.
Yeah, what happend to Howard Jones?
Yazoo was a great band.
But T'Pau :eek:

Howard Jones is married with 3 kids and does a lot of work with his own independant record label. He is very committed to vegetarianism (like me!) and animal rights and lives not too far away from me :) As for T'Pau - sorry but I can't help it .............in fact when I was about 13 I tried to dye my hair auburn to look like Carol Decker - my Mum went crazy!!!

Marc Rosset is Tall
08-20-2004, 01:21 PM
As for T'Pau - sorry but I can't help it .............in fact when I was about 13 I tried to dye my hair auburn to look like Carol Decker - my Mum went crazy!!!

T'Pau or at least Carol Decker are still going and just played at the Cookson festival.

Have to admit she was definitely easy on the eye, here is a recent pic.

Aphex
08-20-2004, 01:23 PM
Correct, and it got him in the end.

My favourite name for a band is Rövsvett, an anarchic punk band.

Rosie, I remember Howard Jones with that great hairstyle and yes I used to play " Liked to Get to Know you Well" to death.
Rövsvett :haha: :bigclap: Another lover of Swedish punk-rock. Do you know Rassklovn? He's very into Ebba Grön.
My favourite band name is The Kristet Utseende.

michelleg
08-20-2004, 01:25 PM
High school revisited (what is even scarier is that I have all of the following on vinyl AND cd/mp3...)

Joy Division, Bauhaus (dated a guy only because he could play the intro to Silent Hedges on his 12-string,) early OMD (as in Architecture and Morality,) Killing Joke, Comsat Angels, Gang of Four, Ministry, KMFDM, Front 242, Depeche Mode (I still adore the Black Celebration CD!) old U2 (learning how to play the bass riff to Two Hearts Beat As One can be considered my greatest high school accomplishment, lol...) The Cure, Smiths, Echo, Bob Mould/HuskerDu...I could go on forever.

Ohhhh, and of course, can't forget the Femmes (for some reason I am getting this awful flashback of chugging a Mickey's widemouth whilst listening to the Femmes...)

Aphex
08-20-2004, 01:42 PM
michelleg,
wow, you actually listened to the good groups of the 80's :)

Aphex
08-20-2004, 01:43 PM
wasn't it Killing Joke who wrote the song 'Living in the 80's'? :lol:

Aphex
08-20-2004, 01:44 PM
And why did I forget the Smiths? I recently bought all of their CD's.

michelleg
08-20-2004, 01:45 PM
<sigh> I miss those days. To have ambition was my ambition....

Aphex
08-20-2004, 01:55 PM
<sigh> I miss those days. To have ambition was my ambition....
:confused:
But you still know some cool music :wavey:

michelleg
08-20-2004, 02:07 PM
One, that's a line from "I Love a Man in Uniform" by Gang of Four and it kind of summed up high school. I was perpetually bored. (And still am.)

Two, I love the Smiths, although that new Morrissey isn't my cuppa tea. Its just not the same. I guess I can say the same for Marr's band.

I can't believe I forgot about Roxy Music. Avalon is the best "hooking up" album ever made. (Ok maybe Dead Can Dance is up there, but Avalon is the BEST.)

And now I have that darn "Bela Lugosi's Dead" tune floating through my head...

*SKYE*
08-20-2004, 02:11 PM
ohhh just outta my time lol i was in love with the 90's while i was growing up!

Aphex
08-20-2004, 02:17 PM
One, that's a line from "I Love a Man in Uniform" by Gang of Four and it kind of summed up high school. I was perpetually bored. (And still am.)

Two, I love the Smiths, although that new Morrissey isn't my cuppa tea. Its just not the same. I guess I can say the same for Marr's band.

I can't believe I forgot about Roxy Music. Avalon is the best "hooking up" album ever made. (Ok maybe Dead Can Dance is up there, but Avalon is the BEST.)

And now I have that darn "Bela Lugosi's Dead" tune floating through my head... Dead Can Dance :eek: I just listened to their 'Within the
realm of a dying sun' a couple of hours ago.

michelleg
08-20-2004, 02:40 PM
I dumped the elctrotango I was playing and started perusing the old mp3 files...and dang, if I didn't run into my favorite skiing music, Sisters of Mercy. Just played "This Corrosion/Mother Russia." Next up is The The, XTC and then the lovely "Socrates the Python" from Peter Murphy.

What a great thread, thought today was going to be a boring clean the house day. Now I've got the retro music echoing through the house :-)

*Ljubica*
08-20-2004, 02:41 PM
T'Pau or at least Carol Decker are still going and just played at the Cookson festival.

Have to admit she was definitely easy on the eye, here is a recent pic.

Thanks for the pic MarcRosset - looks like Carol is dying her hair blonde now - so maybe she's trying to look more like me instead of the other way round :p

Marc Rosset is Tall
08-20-2004, 02:43 PM
Rövsvett :haha: :bigclap: Another lover of Swedish punk-rock. Do you know Rassklovn? He's very into Ebba Grön.

Not personally, but all I know he's a Norwegian with Ebba Grön lyrics on his signature and takes very little crap and has an infamous relative on these boards.

It's good to have some slightly different tastes, keeps things interesting.

Aphex
08-20-2004, 02:53 PM
I dumped the elctrotango I was playing and started perusing the old mp3 files...and dang, if I didn't run into my favorite skiing music, Sisters of Mercy. Just played "This Corrosion/Mother Russia." Next up is The The, XTC and then the lovely "Socrates the Python" from Peter Murphy.

What a great thread, thought today was going to be a boring clean the house day. Now I've got the retro music echoing through the house :-) The the 'Mind Bomb' is a pretty good "hooking" up album as well, at least musicwise. It has worked for me a couple of times or ten ... :cool: :aplot:

rassklovn
08-20-2004, 02:59 PM

Marc has great taste and I have decided to appear here for a while, and yes Ebba Grön were great, and they still get played quite a lot at home, but as for the band names we have one called Turdus Musicus at home, they are good.

As for my favourites well these are Madness, Laibach, Specials, Fishbone, PIL, Bad Brains, A-ha ( so many girls at the concerts), The Kids ( did the best ever Norwegian language song), early U2, The Smiths, Yellowman, Dos Minutos (Argentine Ramones with more talent), Tears for Fears, Deacon Blue,
some great Icelandic bands such as Purkkur Pilnikk and Theyr which had members of the Sugarcubes before they came the Cubes.

Suzi
08-20-2004, 03:34 PM
I wud have to say QUEEN and also the legends that are Bonnie Tyler and Belinda Carlisle!

michelleg
08-20-2004, 03:45 PM
My wedding band (ok so they were a reggae/calypso band) played "Pressure Drop" and "Monkey Man" at my reception. I love the Specials.

And as for Yellowman, I've seen him a zillion times. There's nothing like hearing the dirty version of all his lyrics, lol.

More coming to mind here as my computer sings away...English Beat (Dave Wakeling!) the Jam (I was in love with Paul Weller for a spell)

rassklovn
08-20-2004, 03:47 PM
Well, michelle all I can say is a woman of fine taste musically and in avatar.

Yellowman, well Jamaican albinos provide plenty of entertainment don't they.

michelleg
08-20-2004, 03:52 PM
OMG not just that but half of his face is literally missing. He's a very frightening sight. But the vulgar lyrics just kill me, its hysterical!

I'm a woman of very particular taste, in both music and men... :p (Referring to my post on the other music genre thread...I like my men in the same way I like my house music... :haha: )

rassklovn
08-20-2004, 03:55 PM
OMG not just that but half of his face is literally missing. He's a very frightening sight. But the vulgar lyrics just kill me, its hysterical!

He is hysterical and had to be growing up as an albino in Jamaica.

michelleg
08-20-2004, 03:56 PM
He was in Key West not too long ago.....but I would prefer to see him in Jamaica, on the beach at Sunsplash.

rassklovn
08-20-2004, 03:59 PM
He was in Key West not too long ago.....but I would prefer to see him in Jamaica, on the beach at Sunsplash.

There's probably more West Indians in the US, than in the islands these days.

michelleg
08-20-2004, 04:03 PM
On a pop note, I did see UB40 back in the 80s. Likewise with U2 (I quit going to see them when they quit playing Party Girl, that ticked me off.) and REM.

INXS, too, several times. I remember when nobody knew who the hell INXS was and they were actually the opening act for Adam Ant.

Who'd have thunk :confused:

rassklovn
08-20-2004, 04:06 PM
INXS, should have given up after the song "One Thing" after that, they just went down. My brother always played that song "Just Keep Walking" all the time.

U2, were more fun when they couldn't play instruments and their early tunes.

Adam Ant, he got arrested not long ago for pulling out a gun, when someone laughed at him wearing a poncho.

michelleg
08-20-2004, 04:13 PM
LOL about Adam Ant, I think I read/saw that somewhere a while back.

Now lets get to the silly, fun stuff: I still have the Cocteau Twins, Siouxie and the Banshees and Erasure in heavy rotation in my car cd changer....

rassklovn
08-20-2004, 04:18 PM
LOL about Adam Ant, I think I read/saw that somewhere a while back.

Now lets get to the silly, fun stuff: I still have the Cocteau Twins, Siouxie and the Banshees and Erasure in heavy rotation in my car cd changer....

Silly, you haven't even come close to some of the really silly tunes.
I mean this one is one of the best for silliness in the 80s

Shoop Shoop Diddy Wop Cumma Cumma Wang Dang by Monte Video and the Cassettes.

michelleg
08-20-2004, 04:29 PM
:confused: you got me on that one, either killed the brain cells that would recall that song, or never heard it...

rassklovn
08-20-2004, 04:31 PM
:confused: you got me on that one, either killed the brain cells that would recall that song, or never heard it...

Very trashy 80s song that was released in England, but somehow we found it on a compilation.

michelleg
08-20-2004, 04:36 PM
Speaking of trashy, now I'm seeing the video for "The Chauffeur" going through my head...

Was I the only one that had dreams of John Taylor with me in a Silver Spur? :devil:

Catchie
08-20-2004, 04:45 PM
Hey ! I'm quite young and I don't know much 80's music but from that time I like U2 and especially INXS... I've read all the posts in this topic and waited for two pages to see someone mention INXS :p

Layla
08-20-2004, 05:28 PM
I love this thread, it brings back great memories. :)

I can't believe I forgot Dead Can Dance. :D Cocteau Twins aren't silly. :p

Kristen
08-20-2004, 05:44 PM
Just out of curiousity...when was Roy Orbison? Was he 70's 80's ? I used to love singing his songs when I was little :)

rassklovn
08-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Just out of curiousity...when was Roy Orbison? Was he 70's 80's ? I used to love singing his songs when I was little :)

The Big O was around in the 60s.

Marc Rosset is Tall
08-20-2004, 06:03 PM
Marc has great taste and I have decided to appear here for a while, and yes Ebba Grön were great, and they still get played quite a lot at home, but as for the band names we have one called Turdus Musicus at home, they are good.

As for my favourites well these are Madness, Laibach, Specials, Fishbone, PIL, Bad Brains, A-ha ( so many girls at the concerts), The Kids ( did the best ever Norwegian language song), early U2, The Smiths, Yellowman, Dos Minutos (Argentine Ramones with more talent), Tears for Fears, Deacon Blue,
some great Icelandic bands such as Purkkur Pilnikk and Theyr which had members of the Sugarcubes before they came the Cubes.

Thanks for the compliments about my taste in music. I like a bit of diversity, it's good to keep the mind relaxed and active.

The House of Fun by Madness could describe this place at times.

michelleg
08-20-2004, 06:58 PM
:wavey: Hi Layla, nice avatar. Who is that guy, 'cause he's hot! Especially in red!!!! ;)

I guess I should have clarified my interpretation of silly music: invoking bright spirit, more whimsical, lighthearted so to speak.

Funny how almost every single memory I have of high school and college seems to be associated with a song or a melody of some sort.

Layla
08-20-2004, 07:36 PM
Hi Michelle! :wavey:

He does look especially hot in red. ;)

Oh, I can understand that. Music plays a big part in my life and I too associate memories with songs. For someone like Proust it's smell, but for me music works in the same way, it brings up feelings, memories, vague half-remembered thoughts. The treasure-trove of my life. But in the words of Badly Drawn Boy: "And songs are never quite the answer, Just a soundtrack to a life".

You see, Cocteau Twins invoke somewhat different feelings for me (there was this guy...). ;)

michelleg
08-20-2004, 07:42 PM
That's Roxy Music for me, brings back some very vivid visuals.

I hope he wears that red shirt in New York. Promise to take millions of pictures.

Kristen
08-21-2004, 05:33 AM
lol, regarding orbison... maybe they just started playing his music a lot again after he died... because I'd be singing it on my way to school in the car :D

MisterQ
08-21-2004, 05:35 AM
THE PIXIES!!!! :rocker2: (late eighties)

R.E.M.
U2
Sting
The Violent Femmes
Tears for Fears
Paul Simon's Graceland
David Bowie

LiZpHaIr
08-21-2004, 07:28 AM
I like 'til tuesday a lot....as you can see from my sig I am a big Aimee fann

(I just thought of a new name for myself....I'm a mann fan! woot!)

Mrs. B
08-21-2004, 12:33 PM
Talking Heads
U2
Police
Pretenders
Huey Lewis & the News
Stray Cats
Dire Straits

*Ljubica*
08-21-2004, 12:40 PM
On a pop note, I did see UB40 back in the 80s. Likewise with U2 (I quit going to see them when they quit playing Party Girl, that ticked me off.) and REM.

INXS, too, several times. I remember when nobody knew who the hell INXS was and they were actually the opening act for Adam Ant.

Who'd have thunk :confused:

Thanks michelle for reminding me of the gorgeous Michael Hutchence and INXS :) How could I have forgotten them in my original list?

1NightStandsRule
08-21-2004, 01:51 PM
This one is a great thread and as for the best 80s stuff

early U2
Gary Numan
Stranglers
Clash
DEVO
Living Colour
Pixies
Laibach
Human League
The Cure

TangyLovesDaveed
08-22-2004, 09:22 AM
INXS
The Cars
Talking Heads
Huey Lewis and the News

anything else Daveeed likes.

danichkka
08-22-2004, 10:46 AM
U2
KYLIE MINOGUE

Catchie
08-22-2004, 02:26 PM
i think Kylie is kinda cool 2 :)

Micca
08-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Hahaha :lol: agreed ;)

BaselineSmash
08-22-2004, 03:47 PM
Thanks michelle for reminding me of the gorgeous Michael Hutchence and INXS :) How could I have forgotten them in my original list?

Not to put too much of a downer on this great thread or anything, but Hutchence killed himself, or at least died in circumstances which suggested as such. Typical rock star end. :rolleyes:

Bibir
08-22-2004, 03:51 PM
Not to put too much of a downer on this great thread or anything, but Hutchence killed himself, or at least died in circumstances which suggested as such. Typical rock star end. :rolleyes:
yeah...tipical but sad :sad:

I think you know that....could you tell me who killed Laura Palmer???

BaselineSmash
08-22-2004, 03:57 PM
I've sent you a PM in response to your question. :cool:

LiZpHaIr
08-23-2004, 10:29 PM
Chrissie and the Pretenders were are awesome too!

Sparkz
08-23-2004, 10:53 PM
Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet and Bros get my vote

Corey Feldman
08-23-2004, 11:05 PM
the wurzels - hits include "ive got a brand new combine harvester" :dance:

Aphex
08-24-2004, 07:38 AM
The Triffids and the Stone Roses from 'Sally Cinnamon' EP and on.

Asar
08-24-2004, 08:28 AM
OLivia Ne wton John :o

Bibir
08-24-2004, 10:26 AM
kylie minogue :banana:

aIrSaMpRaS14
08-24-2004, 11:19 AM
A-Ha

alfonsojose
08-24-2004, 01:44 PM
Roxette, Paula Abdul :tape: , Martika and Madonna :worship: ..oops .. Esther :rolleyes: :tape:

MissKoubek1981
09-06-2004, 12:53 PM
Yeah that's my thread!! *yay*

I LOVE 80s music! :hearts:

Fave bands and artists: Kajagoogoo, Laura Branigan (R.I.P. :sad: ), Kim Wilde, Depeche Mode, Human League, Sandra, Opus (Austrian here! :) ), Pet Shop Boys, Erasure, Eurythmics, The Commodores, Yazoo, Mike Oldfield ... whew, there are so much more that I can't think of right now! :rolleyes: Edited, because I forgot Spandau Ballet!! :D

:kiss:,
MissKoubek1981 (Danielle :) )

Layla
09-06-2004, 12:55 PM
What about Falco? ;)

Patrick
09-06-2004, 12:57 PM
@ MissKoubek1981: Sandra is a great singer. I love her songs. :) By the way, she was born in Saarbrücken. :cool:

rassklovn
09-06-2004, 01:04 PM
What about Falco? ;)

There is a Hansie Hölzl fan on this board and yes I used to have Der Kommissar as the theme on my answering machine.

Layla
09-06-2004, 01:11 PM
Falco was über popular in Slovenia at the time. I found that song Jeannie very disturbing.

MissKoubek1981
09-06-2004, 01:19 PM
Falco!! Forgot him also and Sting and The Police!

MissKoubek1981
09-06-2004, 01:20 PM
@Patrick: Yes, I know. She sang the title track for a Tatort which was shot there. :)

rassklovn
09-06-2004, 01:22 PM
Falco was über popular in Slovenia at the time. I found that song Jeannie very disturbing.

Falco was über cool in his time, singing/talking in the Viennese dialect mixed in with English definitely had it's moments. Jeannie was a great track, though Vienna Calling was a bit silly, though not as bad as Rock Me Amadeus.

Layla
09-06-2004, 01:24 PM
Yes, he was quite unique. :)

MissKoubek1981
09-06-2004, 01:25 PM
Definitely. :)

rassklovn
09-06-2004, 02:35 PM
Yes, he was quite unique. :)

The Dominican Republic has never been the same since his death. :)

Eden
07-17-2010, 11:49 PM
A Ha (one hit wonder!)

That's not true :p

It's Limahl :)

A-ha

I never knew you liked a-ha, Rosie :)

Yes, indeed, but unfortunately they are going to split up at the end of this year :sad:

A-ha ( so many girls at the concerts)

:lol: and so much screaming, right? Well, within the years the amount of male visitors at the a-ha concerts increased. It wasn't a "shame" anymore to be a fan of them when you are a guy and the other male visitors were friends/husbands of the women who went to the concerts ;)

A-Ha

a-ha and Federer fan, that's a nice combination :yeah:

The 80ies are my favourite musical decade and I still like to listen to the stuff from this time.

My favourite artists/bands

a-ha
Alphaville
Bon Jovi
Bryan Adams
Camouflage
Depeche Mode
Jason Donovan (please keep in mind that I was in my teens during the 80ies :p )
INXS
Nena
REM
Roxette
The Cure
U2

I'm pretty sure I have forgotten someone, but maybe I can update my list in 6 years when I'm going to bump this thread :D