" 2003 Paradorn Super Tour " [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

" 2003 Paradorn Super Tour "

jirobkk
11-26-2003, 02:14 AM
There will be "2003 Paradorn Super Tour" in Thailand during 16-21 December 2003. The exhibition match will be taking place in 3 provinces as below schedule:

Khonkean (Paradorn's home town, North-East of Thailand)
16 Dec:
Men single: Mark Philippoussis vs Marcelo Rios
Men double: Paradorn Srichaphan/Thanakorn Srichaphan vs TBA
17 Dec:
Men single: Taylor Dent vs Paradorn Srichaphan
Men double: TBA

Chaingmai (North of Thailand)
18 Dec:
Men single: Mark Philippoussis vs Taylor Dent
Men double: Paradorn Srichaphan/Thanakorn Srichaphan vs TBA
19 Dec:
Men single: Paradorn Srichaphan vs Marcelo Rios
Men single: TBA

Phuket (Beautiful Islands, South of Thailand)
20 Dec:
Mixed double: Paradorn Srichaphan/Tamarine Tanasugarn vs TBA :kiss:
Women single: Tamarine Tanasugarn vs TBA :kiss:
21 Dec:
Men single: Paradorn Srichaphan vs Mark Philippoussis
Men single: Taylor Dent vs Marcelo Rios

Unfortunately I could not join the event because they are not playing in Bangkok. :sad:

jirobkk
11-26-2003, 02:16 AM
‘Scud’ to make his mark here
THE NATION:
Published on Nov 26, 2003

[TENNIS] Big serving Australian Mark Phillippoussis is the latest star to confirm for December’s Paradorn Super Tour, which takes place in three cities around the country.

Known as the ‘Scud” because of his powerful serves, the world No 9 will join Thai ace Paradorn Srichaphan, reigning Thailand Open champion Taylor Dent of the US and former world No 1 Marcelo Rios of Chile in the exhibition tournament from December 1621.

According to organisers BECTero, the tour will start in Paradorn’s home town Khon Kaen then move to Chiang Mai and end in Phuket.

Thailand’s No 1 women’s player Tamarine Tanasugarn will be invited to play in a mixed doubles match. BECTero will invite a top 100 player to play with her.

Toppu
11-26-2003, 05:02 AM
P'Jiro

I thought Marat was scheduled to play! Mark instead ? Do you have any idea ?

jirobkk
11-26-2003, 05:53 AM
P'Jiro

According to the news Marat is now in China and the players who has confirmed to play in " 2003 Paradorn Super Tour " are Scud, Rios and Dent.

I will have chance to meet Marat in Hopman Cup next year. Anyway I will be happy to meet him in Thailand if he comes. :)

tall_one
11-26-2003, 08:35 AM
Marat is in China as we speak. If you want more info just come over to Marat forum. :)

http://mens.wtnworld.com/showthread.php?t=7074&page=1&pp=15

Toppu
12-15-2003, 05:23 AM
Here's the latest news.
There would be no Mark.
Younes El Aynaoui replaces him.
Today Paradorn will meet Taylor Dent.

jirobkk
12-15-2003, 05:51 AM
Here's the latest news.
There would be no Mark.
Younes El Aynaoui replaces him.
Today Paradorn will meet Taylor Dent.

Thanks for the updated news. :worship:

Lot of " 2002 Paradorn Super Tour " pictures in http://www.jirobkk.com/
Directly go to "Photo Gallery" then click at "Paradorn Super Tour".

Have fun. :worship:

Vut
12-17-2003, 03:42 AM
:hearts:

ae wowww
08-31-2004, 09:44 PM
who went to this 'tourney'? what were the matches, and the atmosphere like? i saw pdon play taylor in an exhibiton at surbiton challenger... they didnt really know how to act, and neither really relaxed into the role of exhibition... apart from obviously, the score line ;0)!

loner1984
09-01-2004, 06:15 AM
I wish Paradorn would stop playing exhibitions at the end of his already long seasons and just rest and rejuvenate his body. Also, I think it wouldn't hurt if Paradorn gave something back to the Thai community as far as a charitable organization or something comparable.

Toppu
09-02-2004, 02:02 PM
well, I think in "his" opinion exhibition match is something he can give back to the community. He wants little kids to come and play tennis just like him. BUT he may forget that it's not for free. At least tennis fans have to buy tickets. And most people in the country are so poor. If he wants to continue the supertour, it should be some kind of charity match. Or should he establish a non-profit organization for poor kids who want to become pro player instead.

In the past when he wasn't this famous, local tennis amateurs usually have a chance to practice or to be trained with him. And he enjoys it. But now it's almost no chance for them. His family opened tennis school and the SRICHAPHAN tennis court but I don't think students would have a chance to practice with Paradorn or even his brothers.
So at the end of season he can take a rest and should give some kind of tennis clinic to kids. That's my suggestion.